NATION

PASSWORD

Lisander Rugby Festival 2: URSA+Lions Sevens

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Lisander Rugby Festival 2: URSA+Lions Sevens

Postby Lisander » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:06 am

As RL Rugby World Cup is nearing, Lisander Rugby Festival is back for its second edition!

As it was in the first edition, lots of rugby will be played around the Soria Metropolitan Area:

URSA Sevens, the official Lisander event in NSRB Sevens Series, will return to its third edition, held in the now-reformed URSA Park (currently named Aria Stadium by sponsorship reasons), after one edition in St. Helen's Park. Linville Athletic Rugby FC International Sevens, aka Lions Sevens, held by Linville Athletic, one of backbones of national rugby, takes place again in Linville, a city in the Soria Metropolis. For this edition, Soria will also be the host for Imperan Sevens Challenge, for Imperan Rugby Division 2 and unranked nations (Grand Merina, Lorenthia, Aristian Republic, Ariannin, Heemstra, Vassiya, Kikunomi and Saint Ianina). The matches will be played in University of Soria Stadium and Victorian Stadium. The last one isn't opened to signing up

Fighting puppetry, encouraging roleplay:
As an NSRB-sanctioned event, URSA Sevens is open to every nation who sign-up, but I decided to have a hard cap of 16 nations in the final tournament. It is probably an unpopular measure, but I decided to divide the tournament between qualifiers and final tournament for this time (unless the number of signups doesn't reach 16).

I have two main reasons for it: Firstly, I don't like to be the one pointing fingers, but was I noticed a reasonable number of potentially undisclosed puppets in AVBF Sevens. Having these nations in a Qualifying round will encourage the RP from early rounds. Secondly, since the top-ranked teams only will join in the final tournament, the Lions Sevens could also gain some love. RP bonus for Lions Sevens will be generous. By further decision, they won't be carried to URSA Sevens, to make things fair in both tournaments.

Joining the fun:
All nations signed up will be joining URSA Sevens, and depending on its position in NSRB Sevens Rankings, will join Final Tournament or Qualifiers.

Lions Sevens will have 32 teams, being 8 lisanderian and 24 international, playing in an eliminatory tournament. Each nation may send a maximum of two teams, provided they are currently first division teams (in XV or Sevens) or are associated with a first division team.

You can signup simply by responding to this topic. The final list, group draw and the event tables are to be revealed after the end of the signups. This topic is also signup to Lisander.

Scorination and RP Bonus:
As usual, version 0.3.3 of xkoranate will be used for both tournaments, unless a new version is launched in the next days. Most recent NSRB Sevens rankings (reflecting the updates after Rugby Sevens World Cup 5) will be used for URSA Sevens. Lions Sevens will somewhat follow the Champions Trophy Rankings since this is the best way to rank teams with some previous experience in Club Rugby, but other factors should be considered to the definition of the ranks. RP bonus will be generous and cumulative. No degradation will apply since Sevens tournaments are disputed in three or four days. Also, as I disclosed before, RP for Lions Sevens will be a bonus and count to both tournaments, while RPs made only for URSA Sevens with no mentions to Lions Sevens will not be counted to the club tournament.

Any doubts, get in touch. Let's keep the ball rolling.

SIGNUPS:

Lions Sevens
  1. Western Border Warriors (DAR)
  2. Brham Titans (DAR)
  3. Warriors (BOL)
  4. Reds Fedek (BOL)
  5. Jokers (AFT
  6. Almohads (AFT)
  7. Wa Deg Carabiners (CCU)
  8. Ken Deg Rooks (CCU)
  9. U.S. Oujé-Bougoumou (RTS)
  10. Krzczonow Chiefs (RTS)
  11. Portus Abonae Sharks (NOV)
  12. Durovernum Cantiacorum Dragons (NOV)
  13. Harbour City RC (NWK)
  14. Toureres Gunners (NWK)
  15. Fortunas (FID)
  16. Venividicci (FID)

URSA Sevens
  1. Lisander
  2. Bolgano
  3. Geektopia
  4. Busoga Islands
  5. Darmen
  6. HUElavia
  7. Elejamie
  8. Abanhfleft
  9. Copper Cuprum (puppet of Abanhfleft)
  10. Alice Bay (puppet of Lisander)
  11. Terre Setentrionale
  12. Lushansk
  13. Nova Anglicana
  14. Volinovia
  15. Northwest Kalactin
  16. Martune
  17. The Jovannic
  18. Filindostan
Last edited by Lisander on Sun May 31, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 15 times in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:21 am

In
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Geektopia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:38 am

Alright, sure thing.
------------------------------
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Busoga Islands » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:10 am

We'll be there.

The Ross Isles
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ross Isles » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:50 am

In. We'll send our national sevens team to the URSA Sevens, as well as sending domestic teams Port Harrington and Prince of Wales County to the Lions Sevens.
Last edited by The Ross Isles on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dominion of the Ross Isles
Factbook | Domestic Sports Newswire

I am: Christian (Anglo-Catholic), male & British.

Interests: Rugby, cricket, ice hockey, current affairs, the German language/linguistics in general, history & philosophy.

Pro: Constitutional monarchy, Gladstonian liberalism & the UK's continued membership of the EU and/or EEA.

Anti: Disestablishmentarianism, Republicanism & Hard Brexit.

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 am

The Darmeni national team will be there for URSA.

The Western Border Warriors and Brham Titans will participate in the Lions Sevens.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Ouna
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:50 pm

Ouna will participate.

Plus Newcastle Scorpions and Muhanmaga Sultans will compete at club level.
Visit Ouna

Map

*official puppet of the Pacific States of Solenial*

Solenial
Secretary

Founded: Jun 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solenial » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Solenial national team along with

A'oga Paliths
And
Coshastati Celtics
Winners: RUWC8, AVBF R7's Bowl

Map of Solenial

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:15 pm

HUElavia is interested in playing.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:22 pm

WARRIORS and Reds Fedek in Lions Sevens
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:31 am

Signups added to that point, unless the ones from Ouna/Solenial.

Regarding those:
1. Ouna and Solenial are controlled by the same player, but it's not clear which one is the main nation and which one is a puppet. It must be corrected, or both signups won't be considered. It's a basic principle in NS Sports and I never thought I'd have to enforce it.
2. Newcastle Scorpions and Muhanmaga Sultans, teams signed by Ouna to Lions Sevens, are Rugby League teams.
3. Regarding Solenial signups to Lions Sevens, A'oga Paliths and Coshastati Celtics, there's no mention to these teams before this event. There's no evidence they are currently first division teams, since there's no league.

As I stated in the OP:
Each nation may send a maximum of two teams, provided they are currently first division teams (in XV or Sevens) or are associated with a first division team.

Based on that, regarding items 2 and 3, none these teams do not match the eligibility requirements, so their signups are refused.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:40 am

Signing up for the URSA Sevens.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:28 am

Abanhfleft signs up for the URSA Sevens.

Jokers and Almohads of the Fleftic Rugby Premiership will send their U-23 sides to the Lions Sevens.

Copper Cuprum will follow.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Copper Cuprum
Envoy

Founded: Oct 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Copper Cuprum » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 am

Abanhfleft wrote:Copper Cuprum will follow.

Aye.

Wa Deg Carabiners and Ken Deg Rooks, as the top two Copperite sides in the Rugby Coalition, will also send their U-23 sides to the Lions Sevens.
Last edited by Copper Cuprum on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Chiefdom of Copper Cuprum
Leader: Chief Deg

Client state of the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Chicken killers mad for rugby union, equally mad for rugby sevens, but so much madder for rugby league
Is Esportiva the place? Maybe it is.

Ouna
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:43 am

Lisander wrote:Signups added to that point, unless the ones from Ouna/Solenial.

Regarding those:
1. Ouna and Solenial are controlled by the same player, but it's not clear which one is the main nation and which one is a puppet. It must be corrected, or both signups won't be considered. It's a basic principle in NS Sports and I never thought I'd have to enforce it.
2. Newcastle Scorpions and Muhanmaga Sultans, teams signed by Ouna to Lions Sevens, are Rugby League teams.
3. Regarding Solenial signups to Lions Sevens, A'oga Paliths and Coshastati Celtics, there's no mention to these teams before this event. There's no evidence they are currently first division teams, since there's no league.

As I stated in the OP:
Each nation may send a maximum of two teams, provided they are currently first division teams (in XV or Sevens) or are associated with a first division team.

Based on that, regarding items 2 and 3, none these teams do not match the eligibility requirements, so their signups are refused.

Thanks for your feedback.
Visit Ouna

Map

*official puppet of the Pacific States of Solenial*

Solenial
Secretary

Founded: Jun 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solenial » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Lisander wrote:It's a basic principle in NS Sports and I never thought I'd have to enforce it.

That's great, so would you accept Solenial on their own? I have amended to clarify Ouna is the puppet now anyway but will happily have one participant going forward. If there's any other basic principles I don't adhere to please let me know via TG.
Winners: RUWC8, AVBF R7's Bowl

Map of Solenial

Alice Bay
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Alice Bay » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:10 am

Sign in Alice Bay, puppet from Lisander.
"Australasian" puppet from the same user controlling Lisander.
IC: Like New Zealand, but Oahu-sized.
Still trying to fit more maori and pasifika surnames. Hit me with some.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:12 am

Solenial wrote:
Lisander wrote:It's a basic principle in NS Sports and I never thought I'd have to enforce it.

That's great, so would you accept Solenial on their own? I have amended to clarify Ouna is the puppet now anyway but will happily have one participant going forward. If there's any other basic principles I don't adhere to please let me know via TG.

With this clarified, both signups can be accepted. Thank you for your attention.

Alice Bay wrote:Sign in Alice Bay, puppet from Lisander.

Yes, I confirm.

Signups updated to this point.

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:39 pm

in!

and
U.S. Oujé-Bougoumou
Krzczonow Chiefs
for lions sevens according to these results
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Holy Capat Dne
Civilian

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Capat Dne » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:41 pm

in (as a colony of Lushansk)

Lushansk
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lushansk » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:42 pm

in
Bascially 1950s Canada in Eastern Europe

IRL Mainland Territory is based on Ukraine with States in North Korea , French Guyana , Angola as part of Metropolitan Lushansk

Member of the Warsaw Treaty Organization and KTO Member

Note: Despite our flag , we are actually a member of the Eastern Bloc

#ISTANDWITHISRAEL

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:45 pm

We will sign up for 7s.

Lions 7s
Portus Abonae Sharks
Durovernum Cantiacorum (DC) Dragons
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Redacted. I'm out.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun May 31, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hutanjia » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Nah.
Last edited by Hutanjia on Sun May 31, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Busoga Islands » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:48 pm

You know what? Let's send Lakiska Sporting Club to the Sevens Competition. Why not?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports