NATION

PASSWORD

[R]Threadjack and personal remarks

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[R]Threadjack and personal remarks

Postby Katganistan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:40 pm

In the interests of transparency, I would like to bring to Moderation attention a series of posts made by Luminesa in the Abortion thread.

viewtopic.php?p=36218652#p36218652
Luminesa wrote: It’s almost like you don’t actually care what the Bible says, you just lash against it because otherwise you’d have to have a valid conversation with a Christian.

viewtopic.php?p=36218655#p36218655
Luminesa wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:Kat, can you not Octuple post?

B-But so many people who are WRONG on the INTERNET!1!1! We must take down the ZEALOTS!1!1

Not to mention that this convo would be better suited for the Christian thread... but apparently going there is too hard, and threadjacking is a mod privilege only.

viewtopic.php?p=36218712#p36218712
Luminesa wrote:
Katganistan wrote:Nope.

I find amoral the people who say "Oh, I'll pray for you" when someone is in desperate need because they've lost their job. The atheist who pays the rent for them with no expectation of anything in return and certainly no precious little sayings about God's plan is FAR more moral.

But this thread is NOT about God, so move on.

A Christian could do that too, you know. But whatever, gotta get that last petty statement in before moving on, I guess.

viewtopic.php?p=36218854#p36218854
Luminesa wrote:No, and you’re just responding from emotion. Go to the Christian thread, like you said. You don’t want to talk about Christianity since you clearly seem to know it well enough to screech about how God is a murderer.

She began the campaign to move the abortion discussion to the Christian Discussion thread here: viewtopic.php?p=36218675#p36218675
Luminesa wrote:This is still not a convo for the abortion thread, but more for the Christian thread. Also I was only pointing out that either on this version or another, all three of those points have already been answered. For a short answer, however, a painter has the freedom to take back or hide whatever they themselves have made. God made us. Therefore God can take us back or do what He wants. Kinda like how a parent might say, “I put you in this world, and I can take you out of it!” But literally. Especially since Christians believe He created everything. But again, Christian thread. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?p=36218713#p36218713
Luminesa wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:So, you just said you can take a child out of this world, because you made it.

I can’t. I was saying God takes the idiom (or popular saying) literally, because He made the world. But again. Christian thread. Thank you.

viewtopic.php?p=36218854#p36218854 <- already mentioned, here to show the sequence of events
viewtopic.php?p=36218882#p36218882 <-- Finally told her to go to the CDT herself and stop making me the topic.
Katganistan wrote:I'm not responding from emotion. It's this thing called logic. And feel free to go to the Christian thread yourself, since it appears your reason to be here is to make me the topic.

viewtopic.php?p=36218902#p36218902
Luminesa wrote:Nobody ever said you were the topic, certainly not me. The topic was apparently something you wanted to move from, but then not because...someone was wrong about God? I dunno. Logic also requires not speaking in pure, utter rage to every post someone makes that you don’t like or agree with. And I already hang in CDT often.

viewtopic.php?p=36218911#p36218911
Luminesa wrote:Nobody said you were the topic. Abortion is the topic, but you moved from it to talk about how God is a murderer, then when you wanted to move from the topic you went right back to it. We’re pointing out your own inconsistencies in moderating/participating in the thread in which you help to moderate. If we’re done with this topic then we’re done. It would not be any different if someone else said the same things you did.

And then she left the thread shortly after I told her quite clearly to leave me completely alone.

It's worth mentioning that other posters also reminded her that it was not the Katganistan thread but the abortion thread, and that the abortion thread was the proper place for the discussion and they would not be following to the Christian discussion thread.

Here to let a disinterested moderator examine to see if this any of this is actionable. Since it's a report thread, mods and Luminesa only, please.
Last edited by Katganistan on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 am

So I looked through the thread quite a bit and a couple of those posts do get personal and the overall thread was getting pretty heated. There did seem to be some threadjacking happening across the board about religion from multiple players including yourself. I think relating religion and its influence on abortion is one thing, but when people are posting solely about God, it was leaning into a threadjack. At this time, it looks like the thread has reverted back to the thread topic. I'm not seeing anything here as overtly actionable in my mind.
Last edited by Jakker on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:39 am

Given the nature of the remarks was, indeed personal and there is a history with this poster reporting me in moderation, I would like a second opinion.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:53 am

We moved from this topic and I left. As far as I remember, you already went to moderation about me for some of these comments and Farn said they were not actionable. I asked you to change topics on the same issue several times, but you kept coming back to it, along with others. We moved from the topic, and it’s not continuing. These comments are all like at least a week old.

Saying whether or not a comment is valid is within the rules. I can say whether or not I feel like a response is contributing to a discussion. I felt your comments were quite hateful and heated, and it is also valid to point-out when a commenter is responding from pathos, especially when you yourself have commented in the past that pro-lifers respond very much from emotion and don’t give logical arguments. Action was never taken over such responses and you left that discussion in a huff. But then you came back, you made comments in the same angry, condescending tone, and when you were told to move the comment from Christianity you ignored the comments because they came from me.

I felt very belittled and frustrated, because I do occasionally want to have a conversation about abortion, which is a topic that matters a lot to me. It’s quite hard when the other speaker, who wants everyone else to speak from logic, consistently uses language that is angry and upsetting toward almost everyone else, even veteran-posters like Gallo who are far more well-known than myself for being logical speakers. Every time he has refuted a comment of yours, you have responded in anger. I commented because your tone, I felt, contributes little to the thread except for venom, which is already hard to avoid with such a heated topic.

The only person who said this was not the Kat thread was Free, and Free was polite and so I moved out of the thread to let things calm down. I was not trying to make the thread about you, and I interacted with others in the thread as well, not just you. Kowani, Free Joy, Gallo, Neanderthaland, etc. This thread is for everyone, and I even praised OP for opening the discussion to something on topic, which was methods of lowering the abortion rate. That was essentially my way of trying to move the topic back...well, on-topic. But I did step out because it was a heated discussion, and I went to do other things. Posted in other forums. The normal. A mod is expected to act in a way that facilitates honest discussion. I certainly don’t think I’m a model candidate for the job, but in discussions with you I have never felt anything but rage and hostility.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:43 pm

In the context of an abortion thread, a short argument about religion is to be expected. I concur with Jakker in that, while the thread did move away from being a useful discussion about abortion, and things certainly got heated, I don't see any reason to break out the hammer.
Last edited by Audioslavia on Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Gracias, have a good one!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Luminesa wrote:Gracias, have a good one!

Before you go wandering off with a song in your heart, I'd like to address the highlighted points above concerning Kat misusing her moderator status.

That didn't happen. It just didn't.

Katganistan is a player as well as a moderator, and she's a NSG regular with strong opinions. I haven't read the entire abortion thread (OK, I haven't read any of it) but I've never seen Kat abuse her mod powers by mixing up her two roles. If you have accusations of her abusing her position, you need to make those here and back them up with links and quotes. Nobody has the right to flamebait another player, and mods are players too. Back it up, or shut it down.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:56 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Gracias, have a good one!

Before you go wandering off with a song in your heart, I'd like to address the highlighted points above concerning Kat misusing her moderator status.

That didn't happen. It just didn't.

Katganistan is a player as well as a moderator, and she's a NSG regular with strong opinions. I haven't read the entire abortion thread (OK, I haven't read any of it) but I've never seen Kat abuse her mod powers by mixing up her two roles. If you have accusations of her abusing her position, you need to make those here and back them up with links and quotes. Nobody has the right to flamebait another player, and mods are players too. Back it up, or shut it down.

...I’ll remember that next time. She could address me, she did not, and I am shutting it down. If you’re not gonna read anything, then I’m not gonna do anything further because there’s no point. Two mods said that nothing was actionable, and nothing Kat has done is actionable according to Farn. Have a good day.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:10 pm

And for the sake of record keeping only, I did.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=447043&p=36218882#p36218882
Katganistan wrote:... And feel free to go to the Christian thread yourself, since it appears your reason to be here is to make me the topic.

viewtopic.php?p=36218897#p36218897
Katganistan wrote:And again, I am NOT the topic of this thread.

Katganistan wrote:Do me a favor and just stop talking about me, to me, and at me. It's very transparent what you're doing here, jumping in from out of nowhere.
Last edited by Katganistan on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:33 pm

Katganistan wrote:And for the sake of record keeping only, I did.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=447043&p=36218882#p36218882
Katganistan wrote:... And feel free to go to the Christian thread yourself, since it appears your reason to be here is to make me the topic.

viewtopic.php?p=36218897#p36218897
Katganistan wrote:And again, I am NOT the topic of this thread.

Katganistan wrote:Do me a favor and just stop talking about me, to me, and at me. It's very transparent what you're doing here, jumping in from out of nowhere.

And as you can tell we’ve moved on from that discussion in the abortion thread and we are on topic. Again, all of this was a week ago and two mods even acknowledged the threadjack and said nothing was actionable. I’m done with this thread, I even got my unofficial warning.
-Alan Jackson

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation