NATION

PASSWORD

⭐ HUNTERS ⭐ Urban Fantasy ⭐ IC [Still Open, See OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

⭐ HUNTERS ⭐ Urban Fantasy ⭐ IC [Still Open, See OOC]

Postby Forest State » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:05 pm

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC Thread

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Villanero, California, is one of the main magical centers in the United States, a town with a number of European mage clans settled there as well as a naturally high concentration of mana which makes things that would be impossible elsewhere possible here - as mages descend on the town for vacation during the summer, however, something strange is going on. The town just "feels" different and there's mana in the air, indicating some kind of mass scale magical project happening somewhere nearby...

_________________________________________________________________________________________

H U N T E R S - BOOK I – CHAPTER PROLOGUE: “REDLINE
    Villanero, California
    July 4th, 2020

Collaborative post between Forest State and Lunas Legion

VILLANERO, CALIFORNIA, WAS A STRANGE PLACE. The town was located in the north of the state, beyond the Bay Area and far away from the brighter lights of the south, of the cities of LA and San Diego and Anaheim. It was also beyond the hustle and bustle and the wokeness of Silicon Valley, instead settling for a distinctly more traditional attitude that would make some wonder if they were in California at all upon stepping into the very much European styled and very much rich town, where it seemed social mobility might as well not have existed and where old money from all over the country found itself settling. Of course, there was a reason for this, and it didn’t just have to do with the city being popular for retirees or celebrities something along those lines.

Those were excuses for normal cities. The fact of the matter was that Villanera was not a normal town. The reason old money ended up settling here was because the town was one of the most important in the country for a small percent of the population - a small percent which, of course, was perhaps disproportionately powerful… Magic users. The town had been established by Italian and German magic users who had settled down in the western United States and needed a place away from prying eyes to pursue their work, and things had never changed since then. The people changed with time but the town generally had the same role, perhaps even growing in reputation as more mages came in from different places, setting up and settling down here and starting families which in the future would turn into full blown mage clans, all of them having connections to this one place…

It was considered an important location for a reason. And one could tell it just by looking at how the people carried themselves… By looking at the buildings and how much any of the houses around here were worth - it was impossible to find a sign with someone selling a house for a reasonable price. No, living here, it was a privilege. One could tell that just by looking at what was on the road - not cheap sedans and SUVs but sports cars, Rolls Royces, Bentleys, and the like. It was one of the few places where seeing a Rolls Royce Wraith wasn’t even the most uncommon example of excess.

And right now, these streets - the same streets that were filled with sports cars, luxury cars, and other vehicles along those lines… Were the place where Candace Marin found herself, along with Gabriella Bianchi-Costa and two of her sisters, Cassia and Cassandra Marin. They were an odd family, really. Didn’t take long to figure it out, that maybe their parents were a little eccentric. They’d taken from their own names, Chandler and Clementine, when naming their children… And it showed, when looking at a list of their names - Cassandra, Candace, Cassius, Cassia.

The names weren’t the most notable thing about them, though. The most notable thing about the Marins was that they were one of the biggest families in the magic world, or at least the United States and French magic scenes, where the branches of their family were based for the most part. It was one of the reasons they could come and go here freely - and their profitable work fighting off supernatural threats in front of the world was the reason why they were able to treat their children like this… To put them in cars like the Hellcat that Cassia was driving right now, something that looked a bit out of place around here for not being luxury enough, even if it was something many regular people would strive towards getting.

But the Marins weren’t regular people. And Candace’s friend wasn’t a regular person either.

Gabriella’s family, the Bianchi-Costas, were not exactly a famous family even among mages, but what they were was old, and age often had a value of its own. Gabriella was just the latest in the ancient line stretching back generations, that had practiced magic before since magic had been but superstition among the populace and witch trials were common and usually ended with burnings at the stake or a drowning. In some ways, Villanera was like coming to a small shard of home out in distant California. Even the name was Italian, after all.

The traditions of her family made for an interesting contrast with the company that she kept right now, the younger generation of the Marins generally being a rowdy bunch - at least, the American branch of their family could say that. Cassia, from the driver’s seat, kept a blunt between her fingers as she placed a hand on the steering wheel, waiting at a red light to keep going as they cruised the streets on this 4th of July evening, where they found themselves breaking away from the main gathering and heading off on their own - well, in Gabriella’s case, she was only really heading off because Candace had asked.

But she was with them nonetheless, even if the car smelled like Cassia’s smoke, and even if the radio was blasting what wouldn’t typically be her type of music.

NOW PLAYING: CALIFORNIA LOVE ON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA RAP RADIO

They didn’t particularly have a goal in mind right now although they had agreed to get out of the city center itself - away from the richest part of it, the part where the streets were filled with foreign cars and all of the buildings cost ridiculous prices. The hills and mountains outside of this city were said to hold many magical secrets from past years, whether those secrets were related to natural occurrences of magic or to experiments and the like conducted by the many, many mages that had either lived in this place or spent time in it for “work” reasons.

“You know,” said Candace, as they waited at the red light, looking over to Gabriella who was next to her in the back seat while Cassandra was in the passenger side opposite of Cassia in the driver’s seat. “I’ve been feeling something ever since we got here… Don’t know if you’ve been feeling it also, feels like it’s a magic thing. Something over the entire town, even… Fuck it, there’s gotta be something going on down there. Red Mountain, I think they call that place…”

“I’m a bit desensitized to large passive magical… Things, I lived in one after all back home, but I’ll take your word for it.” Gabriella said carefully, turning to look out the window briefly before turning back towards Candace.

“Gotta be fuckin’ blind to not feel this one…” muttered Candace, closing her eyes and focusing on the magic herself - it did seem to call out to them in a way, although that was just because of the strength of the magic, maybe. Whatever the source of it actually was. “Maybe the Hunter Association is doing something but… I doubt it. I mean, since when has their magic felt like that?

“It feels a lot more raw,” remarked Cassandra, looking off in the distance at the Red Mountain that Candace had spoken about. “And I’d say I’m not one to notice every passive magic source either, and yet I’m feeling it real heavy right now…”

It did seem like a hell of a chance to go exploring, which was what they had come out here to do anyway - look around a little and find somewhere more interesting to watch the fireworks, rather than some boring social gathering where the clothes were formal and where everyone would simply sit around and drink cocktails while playing social games with each other.

Gabriella said nothing for a few moments, shutting her eyes and focusing before her eyes opened again. “I’m used to that kind of magic level as background ambience which is why I didn’t notice it earlier, but when you actually take a moment to feel it it’s nothing like what I’m used to. It’s raw, uncontrolled, wild…” Gabriella sighed. “Let me guess, we’re going to go try and find something about this mysterious magical aura?”

“Unless you want to get high as fuck and pass out before we can get out there,” Candace said, shrugging casually. “Me and Cassia already agreed we weren’t going to pass out until the fireworks… And it’s not even dark yet,” she added, chuckling. She did tend to have a… Drug habit, to say the least, oftentimes hiding behind getting high when her mood took a downturn. Although right now, Candace seemed stable enough - it could still change at any moment, though.

“I’m afraid I’ll have to decline that, so exploring it is.” Gabriella said with a small, dismissive wave of her hand. Candace offered, and she declined; it was just one of those things that always came up between the pair of them and could even be called a bit of a running joke, if there was anything funny about it. “Not what I pictured myself doing this afternoon.”

“You’re going to have to go along with it at some point, Gabs,” said Candace as the light turned green and Cassia sped off in the direction of the Red Mountain, which was somewhat far in the distance - they’d have to cut through a long section of forest before they would be able to reach the location they were actually headed towards, although as Cassia revved the engine and they picked up speed in the direction of the mountain, all of them in the car could feel that there was definitely something up with this location in specific rather than just with the area in general.

“I’ll do my best not to, I don’t know what anyone sees in the stuff.” Gabriella said, watching out the window as the distant silhouette of the Red Mountain vanished in and out of the trees. “And is it just me, or is that particular feeling getting stronger? I don’t even need to try looking for it to feel it now.”

“You always have had a stick up your ass,” said Cassia from the front seat as she continued driving with one hand, the other hand on the blunt as she exhaled some smoke within the car - she didn’t seem too concerned about smoking inside the car, even with the windows hardly down… She didn’t exactly care about the effect it’d likely have on the smell.

“It’s definitely stronger,” Candace said, also looking out of the window as they reached the outside of the town and started towards the forest, the roads getting less straight and more winding as they made it out of the city center and started towards some of the less dense areas.

“So… Anyone willing to hazard a guess at what we’ll find?” Gabriella asked, waving a hand in front of her face to try and get some of the smell away from her. “I doubt it’s created by anyone, but if it’s just an ambient mana source it’s a very, very big one I imagine…”

“Doesn’t feel like something that’s just sitting around, at least I know there was nothing up here the last time I’ve been here, which was just last year,” said Candace with a shrug as the feeling continued to grow stronger while they got closer to the source of whatever was off in the distance. Cassia shifted the knob to the radio as they kept going, switching through the channels while keeping her eyes on the road, the general atmosphere at the moment just… Strange. Maybe it was whatever was on the mountain, but it just felt like there was a certain tension, like there was a coming storm and they were just on the outside of it, or like it hadn’t arrived entirely yet.

“So it’s not a permanent thing…” Gabriella said to herself, still watching out the window but now in a contemplative silence. “Well, given that no one in Villanera seemed bothered by it it can’t be anything too dangerous.” Or so she hoped. “But we don’t know how long it’s been there, so…” She gave a small shrug, having no idea what the origin could be. “Well, it’ll be interesting, even if I didn’t exactly intend to go exploring mysterious mana sources today.”

NOW PLAYING: MONSTER, HOW SHOULD I FEEL ON BAY AREA ALTERNATIVE RADIO

The sky even seemed to darken as they closed the gap between the mountain and themselves, strangely enough, even as the sun was still up in the sky - and it wasn’t raining either, but it was suddenly overcast and suddenly as if the clouds were coming from the mountain itself, forming up around it like it was some kind of signal for them, some kind of rally point perhaps that they all expanded out from. The entire thing was strange, not the kind of thing that happened normally. “Never seen clouds show up around a magical site like that before,” Candace remarked, before noting something else - the concentration of mana in the area was high enough that she could slightly see it in the air as a faint red glow which had appeared around all of them as they ended up getting closer to the mountain. “Or this…”

“I haven’t either.” Gabriella admitted, watching the clouds with apprehension. “And that’s both seen or read about…” Which was rare, since she liked to consider her knowledge of magical phenomena to be at least decent. “I’ll have to have someone check through the library back home when we’re done, there’s probably something buried in that sea of old books and paper.”

Cassia eventually turned them off onto a side path, one that would lead them more directly up towards the higher elevation and towards the mountain, but first they would have to cut through some dense forest to get there, far denser than what they had been driving through before, much of the higher tree branches serving to block out the light from above which was already limited by the overcast clouds strangely enough. Candace raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything about the strange situation just yet, continuing to look out of the window.

After a few minutes of this they would run into another sight entirely, something that appeared to be an abandoned logging camp, perhaps part of the past of the settlement - it made sense somewhat that the logging industry had dried up. The city was dominated by mages, it wasn’t the best place for someone working a regular job with no magical ability. The camp, though, seemed to be charged with a decent amount of magical energy of its own. “I can feel someone,” Cassandra said, curiously. “Someone, not something.”

Cassia pulled the Hellcat over to the side of the road and they were now sitting in front of the entrance, an old and weathered wooden sign marking the logging camp as such and a dirt trail leading inside. “Hmmmm…” she muttered, also apparently feeling something, and looking out the window at the entrance for a long moment before opening the driver’s side door and stepping out to follow Cassandra, who had opened the passenger side door.

“Probably the cause of all this, I imagine.” Gabriella said as she turned herself to the side and stepped out, brushing herself down and adjusting her skirt. “Or if not, then… Who knows?”

Candace stepped out after Gabriella and looked around before starting to approach the worn down entrance, looking up at it for a few moments before continuing on her way along with Gabriella behind the other two, reaching out with her own magic to create a couple of miniature stars which would hover next to her, capable of being used as a weapon if they happened to need one. She couldn’t say she had the best feeling about this even if she wasn’t the type of person to be stopped by something little like that. “I can’t see anyone…” she said at first, as they started to search through the center plaza, which itself was surrounded with the wooden remains of a number of the main buildings that had been used when this was an actual logging camp rather than just another location for exploration.

“Yeah, but I can feel someone…” Cassandra said, and Cassia seemed to believe, also. Candace could feel something but she wasn’t sure exactly what to make of it - and the faint red glow, it was stronger… Which meant they were in an area with more unrefined mana that was shifting forms in its excess and becoming visible in the are.

“The mana is also stronger here, not sure what that actually means for us though…” Candace added on to Cassandra’s statement as they continued taking a look around.

“What would someone need this much unrefined mana for?” Gabriella mused, her eyes taking on a purple glow, giving the red haze of unrefined mana in front of her a slightly different colour. “Unless it’s a by-product of something…” Gabriella continued, eyes drifting from side to side as she followed the others, searching. Instinct said to just leave, but she wasn’t about to just abandon Candace and the others with whatever was here.

Candace remained silent for a moment as she looked around further, closing her eyes and focusing on just the mental image she was building of where the mana was located specifically and where it was coming from and heading to. She quickly realized that it seemed to be leading to one specific set of buildings off to the north. “Further in the camp,” she said, before pausing… “But unless I’m misreading things completely, most of this mana is coming… From way further out, at least from what I can see here. What’s someone doing harvesting large amounts of mana from the population?”

“I would assume, at a guess, as fuel for something potentially.” Gabriella said, still following after Candace. “Something big, most likely, given the sheer quantity of mana in the air.”

As they continued, they would see someone coming out of one of the buildings, either not noticing them or not paying attention to them, but having quite the magical aura - the girl didn’t seem older than they were, maybe slightly younger, with blonde hair which could be seen brightly even through the layer of mana and the layer of fog that was over the general area, wearing what seemed to be regular civilian clothes and a sweatjacket with the hood pulled down for now. She didn’t say anything… Didn’t even look up at them. In fact, it seemed like she was as focused on the mana as they were, paying attention to it rather than them.

“Hello?” Gabriella called out, not entirely sure whether staying silent or not was the better course of action here but figuring that there were four of them and Cass had said it was someone she could sense around here, she wasn’t exactly worried if it came to a fight even though she hoped it didn’t. She could just be another explorer, or more likely, whoever was doing all this.

The girl turned around to look at the group but she didn’t say anything just yet, allowing them to keep an eye on her as she backpedaled for a couple of steps - although she never looked nervous, per say. If anything, nothing on her face changed despite looking at them, even with the interest on her. When Candace closed her eyes once again and focused outwards in response, it did seem… Like a decent amount of the magical energy was coming from her. “There’s a lot of mana on her right now…” Candace hissed to Gabriella in a low tone.

“She’s not trying to murder us quite yet, at least.” Gabriella whispered back, more concerned from the lack of outward response from the girl, her face seeming more of a mask than a face from the lack of movement. She hadn’t said anything, hadn’t done anything but step back from them even if she had a large quantity of mana at her disposal. “But I think we should probably just try and leave, whatever this is, is… Likely beyond the four of us.”

“Seems a bit late for that,” said Candace, looking at the girl in front of them as she adjusted her earpods, reaching down for her phone and pressing the play button to pick up with her playlist - if they were going to be involved in something crazy, she was going to at least do it while listening to something of her own choice rather than the ambient sounds of the forest around them.

NOW PLAYING: IT’S NOT LOVE ON PLAYLIST: LOW FI

Ahead of them, the blonde girl finally spoke. “What are you doing here?” was the one question that she asked, extending her arm as something came down from the sky and landed on it with quite some force, although it didn’t seem to affect her - a black creature, an unnaturally large raven perhaps, which rested on her outstretched arm and looked at them as she also looked them down, not saying anything more for a few moments before adding another statement. “It’s dangerous out here.”

“I could say the same to why you’re out here, and alone at that.” Gabriella said, eyes flicking briefly over to the… It probably wasn’t a raven, it was too large, a small summon perhaps? “At least we have company.” She continued, gesturing to Candace. “But regardless, we picked up… Well, this.” Gabriella waved a hand around her to the red haze of mana around her. “Figured we’d come out and see what was causing it.”

The girl didn’t say anything for another long few moments as the raven looked between all of them, head shifting ever so slightly while the rest of the bird remained rather still, resting on her arm. “You should leave the area,” the girl said simply after an awkward silence had set in, not moving from where she was, the feeling of mana in the air only seeming to get… Stronger, the longer they stood around here in the abandoned camp.

“Mhm.” Gabriella made a noncommittal sound, turning her head towards Candace. She didn’t exactly want to just leave with this entire mystery left unsolved but equally, refusing meant a fight against a potential unknown. Even if there were four of them, well, overconfidence in numbers had been the downfall of many. “It’s dangerous, or you said it was, but…” She paused. “I think we can handle ourselves, and again, I could say the same back to you.”

“Very well,” the girl said. She turned her back… And watched as streaks of mana, in its most visible and energetic form, shot up into the sky from the distance as they converged on one point near the peak of the Red Mountain off in the distance, one of them even appearing not far from the group, in front of them at the abandoned logging camp they were standing in right now - it seemed every stream of energy was heading to the same spot, the mana in the air dissipating as the concentration of it was finally directed towards one place by the summoning circles which had been etched into the ground in this location and apparently in various other ones. And while all of this happened, the raven seemed to have a keen interest in what was going on, giving off a magical energy of its own that almost seemed… Restrained. As if it was actively being masked, hidden from them. And the girl, she didn’t seem to think that what was going on was strange at all. No, she was watching with interest. One could say she wanted this to happen - whatever it actually was.

“So…” Gabriella said, for once at a loss for words as she eyed up the mass summoning ritual with nervousness. She’d known whatever was being done was big, but she’d thought… Whoever had set this up had been going for quality, rather than quantity as was now obvious. “Summoning is most certainly not my area of expertise. I don’t suppose you could enlighten us a small amount on all this, if you do know anything at all about it?” She continued, taking a single step back and her eyes brightening ever so slightly as she mentally readied herself.

“I don’t think this is the kind of thing the Association would want you dabbling in, Gabriella Bianchi-Costa,” said another voice - one that seemed to come from the raven itself, and was perhaps more deep and booming than anything else in the area… The raven didn’t turn around, however, and there was no way of being sure where the voice was coming from. Both the girl and the bird seemed satisfied with keeping their eyes on the mountain as the mana was concentrated in that direction rather than around the entire general area.

A strange figure approaches…
“This will be done in a few minutes,” the girl said simply, her own voice calmer and colder, too.

“What does the Association have to do with this?” asked Cassandra, but the girl didn’t give her an answer immediately - she looked over her shoulder, though, meeting Cassandra’s eyes.

“I think it would be better if you stayed out of it,” she said plainly enough, making it clear she didn’t want to give more information.

“You’re doing… Something. I can’t quite piece together what, but…” Gabriella fell silent. The raven, which was quite obviously not a raven given that it spoke and more importantly knew her name, despite her never giving it or being anywhere near as well-known as the Marin sisters. “It is quite obviously bad news most likely if you don’t want to tell us what is being done.” Of course, then there was the tiny matter of stopping it and given the sheer scale and quantity of mana involved, Gabriella wasn’t sure that was even possible at this point. She turned back towards the others. “At this point, I think leaving may be the smart course of action, unless you feel like remaining to see the end result.”

Before they could do anything, the attention would be taken off of the question and put on the situation in front of them - the concentration of unstable mana seemed to ignite, causing the peak of the mountain to explode, a bright flash shooting straight into the sky and lighting things up for miles… For a few moments, all of the overcast weather didn’t mean anything, as the heat from the flash spread and made it look and feel like they were out in the sun in the heat of the middle afternoon. “Holy shit…” said Cassia, watching the scene play out from start to finish, the beam of light disappearing as shrapnel from the explosion started to rain down, one rock even making it all the way to the logging camp and smashing through one of the buildings around them, collapsing the weathered wooden structure without incident.

The girl remained calm but even she realized that this wasn’t going right, or at least it seemed like she had caught onto it. “Shit…” she muttered under her breath, looking to the raven on her arm. “That’s going to draw too much attention… As if we didn’t have the whole town looking here anyway…” she muttered, before turning to face the edge of the camp, still talking to the raven. “Let’s get out of here.”

“I think that goes the same for us.” Gabriella said, turning back towards the others, a small field of faint purple light shimmering into existence over her head to protect the group from any of the shrapnel that fell this far away. Ritual magic was one thing, but ritual magic that had gone wrong was another altogether, especially on this scale with this much power. “Unless anyone objects?”

“Don’t think so…” Candace said. At the same time, the raven that had been on the arm of the girl in front of them shifted, moving away from her arm and dropping onto the ground before becoming much larger, the sound of bones moving and shifting audible to everyone in the surrounding area as a mana fueled fire still raged in the background at the top of the mountain. The girl climbed onto the back of the raven… And the thing pushed off the ground, kicking dirt and rocks back with the force of the air that came off its wings with the move. Which left the other group to move back towards the Hellcat, which was parked some ways away by foot distance, more explosions sounding in the background as the unstable mana ended up in different places after the initial mountain explosion, the main fire still burning.

“You always take me to such interesting places.” Gabriella remarked as they made their way back towards the Hellcat, her shield flickering and expanding out into a bubble in case any of the explosions came too close to their group. “I suppose you’re all just as clueless about that as I am?”

“I don’t know much more than you,” said Candace, moving and scooping Gabriella up in her arms to move quicker, not paying much attention to being gentle or to where she was grabbing as she picked her up and held onto her. “Don’t think any of the others do, either…”

“Nothing from me,” said Cassandra as Cassia nodded in agreement.

“I’m too high for this,” was the only thing Cassia said as they reached the Hellcat and she went back around to the driver’s side, quickly opening the door and climbing inside while waiting for the others.

“I’ll have a look for anything on this whenever I get back to the library in Switzerland, or set mother on it, she knows more than I do.” Gabriella gave a small shrug as Candace pulled open the rear door and all but shoved her inside before climbing in after her. “I get the feeling that whatever just happened is major, and not in a good way.”

Cassia sped off before all the doors were closed, and Candace pulled Gabriella on her lap as they climbed inside shortly before it happened, taking a deep breath and resting back in her seat, contemplating the situation. “Where the hell are we going to go after all that?”

“Back to Villanero, if we can make it. It’s probably going to be the safest place around.” Gabriella said, settling in to Candace’s lap. “I don’t really know the area so the other option is just drive away as fast as you can get away with, either option is good. Just not here.”

Candace shifted a bit awkwardly with Gabriella on her lap, the slightest of blushes settling on her face - her relationship with her best friend was… Complicated. She didn’t exactly know how to handle it at times. And well, she was sure she had just made things awkward. They continued, however, down the path back to Villanero, through the winding forest, the feeling of mana in the air no longer there like it had been before… All that mana had been directed to the mountain where it had combusted.

Gabriella said nothing, just shutting her eyes and staying where she was. It was comfortable enough, and they were out of danger, so she could relax for now at least. There were still questions, but they weren’t questions she could answer here and now.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:06 pm

The school year is starting at the Santa Marina Hunter Academy, and as the second year students make their way back from their vacations over the summer, the first year students are receiving their introduction to the place. It’s a tense time for everyone, but also one with plenty of excitement and anticipation - both because of the pressure of the new year on both the staff and the students, and the opportunities that lie ahead for a new class making their first foray into this world of magic.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

H U N T E R S - BOOK I – CHAPTER 1: “WELCOME TO SANTA MARINA
    Santa Marina, Florida
    September 21st, 2020

“You… You have, you have…
Cried a lot…
Separated in mind…
United in heart…
We…
Have been together for a very long time,
Your breath so cold, the heart in flames…”

The sound of metal music blasted in the background, but despite the volume, it was being drowned out by something else - the sound of swords clashing within the gym building, no one else on the floor of the gym at the moment except for the two who were going hard at each other, each one attempting to hit the other first and break the magical protection that each of them had on. The one who shattered that protection would be the winner, but so far, neither figure had made a breakthrough against the defense of the other, the two mages moving with magically enhanced speed, agility, and reflexes as they blocked each thing that came their way. One of the figures had a size advantage but the other just seemed to use the lower center of gravity as an advantage, staying just out of range and glancing away a number of blows that would have shattered the magical shield.

Both of the figures were fighting hard enough to not notice the third person that was standing near the doorway, and one of them seemingly didn’t even hear the call from that person - the call to turn around and take a break to talk about something more important than this training match. “That was cute,” the smaller figure chuckled after glancing off what should have been a major blow from the larger one, thanks to greater timing and movement. It hadn’t managed to strike her, hadn’t managed to break the shield… But it was enough to draw some sweat from her, as she pushed herself to stay just out of range of the chain which had been swung in her direction.

“Germany! My heart in flames!
Want to love you, want to damn you!
Germany! Your breath cold… So young and yet so old…”

The music continued as the taller figure struck out with another wide swing of the chain, which was missed as the smaller figure went into the air and avoided the attack by going upwards rather than down or to the side. When she came back down, she sprung forward with artificially enhanced speed, looking to take advantage of the off balanced enemy and get the upper hand, to break the magic protection and win the training match.

Realizing the chance that she had here, she went into the last of her mana and triggered one more spell, accelerating her body as she rushed past, her blade dragging against the body of her rival before the enemy could move or adjust stances to strike at her and parry the blow or force her away… She had shattered the protection, and as she ended up behind her rival with her blade extended, she was sure of it, that she had won this match. “Checkmate,” she said, looking over her shoulder as her rival dusted himself off and turned to face her, conceding defeat.

“Very good…” said the third voice, finally speaking loud enough to cut over the music and causing both figures to turn around, looking to the woman that was standing in the doorway to the gym. “Now that I have your attention, I actually had something for the pair of you to consider…”

“And what kinda thing would that be?” the girl asked, placing the tip of her sword against the ground and keeping one hand on the hilt.

“Good question. I actually need you to keep an eye on someone and stay in Santa Marina for a bit… Don’t take off back for Europe just yet,” the woman in the doorway stated. “You already know who I’m talking about. The first year, it won’t be hard, she’ll be coming in with the rest of the new students. But… I don’t trust the Academy’s judgement on her, which is why I’m asking you and Sieg to be my eyes and ears unofficially and keep an eye on her in a more… Informal way.”

The girl shifted her stance, nodding confidently. “Piece of cake,” she said. “But… If she’s so concerning, why is she here in the first place?”

“Because,” the woman started, pausing. “She can either help us or hurt us… And the people up top want to maximize the chances that she ends up helping us. Simple enough, really.”

“Right,” said the girl, picking up her sword and sliding it into a sheath before starting towards the doorway. “You owe me one… I’m going to have to cancel a flight, taking this on late, you know.”

“It’s late, but I wasn’t sure what to do myself really… Only just made the decision. I hope it’s the right one,” the woman continued, pausing briefly. “But if this backfires, the blame is solely on me, I suppose. Either way… You can get on the task soon. The new students are starting to get here in about a half an hour, you know.”

The girl stopped in her tracks, looking back at the woman and nodding, contemplating all of it before continuing on her way out. She wasn’t the happiest about it… But she did have a task to do. And she’d do her best to not mess it up.

After some time had passed, the time had come for many of the first year students to arrive, the gates to the academy opening up as future inhabitants of the school started making their way in on foot, by car, or by bus. They had all been informed earlier, of course, of how things were going to go - they’d check in at the administration office and they would receive the key to their room, and from there, they’d head to the north apartment block and move in for the first time. After that happened, the new students would have some freedom to do what they wanted…

There were a number of places to go after moving in - the cafe which was not far from the north apartment block was serving lunch at about this time and was a decent place to go and recharge after spending energy getting here and getting moved in. Further south, there was a main plaza of sorts where students could gather and where the first years would have a chance of running into some of the second years they were going to study and work with over the next few years. The armory was open for anyone who wanted to check out some of the equipment used on the job, against some of the most dangerous monsters and mages around.

They hadn’t been assigned anything to do today other than getting moved in and acquainted with each other. It was an easy way to spend the day, easier than much of the work that they’d have coming up. They would have work in the classroom, work in the field, work in live fire training exercises… For now, though, they were able to relax for a bit, something many of them would probably miss once school was underway proper.

By the time most of the students had arrived at the Academy, there was an announcement from a voice which seemed to belong to… Someone important. The voice of the Dean, perhaps. The voice was confirmed shortly into the announcement, when the speaker revealed their identity. “Hello everyone, and welcome to the Santa Marina Hunter Academy if this is your first time here… This is the Dean speaking,” the voice said. Of course, second years would already recognize the male British accented voice and would also know that the Dean tended to run things from the shadows, not showing up too often and rather making announcements like this and leaving things to the instructors.

“You have a lot ahead of you at this school, but today, the only thing you have to do is get moved in. If you haven’t already done so, you can proceed to the north apartment block and start working on it… Your actual training is set to begin in a couple of weeks, but there will, of course, be things to do before then - the magical combat team, which is set to begin activities this year and compete with teams from other schools, will hold an open tryout one week for now… The cheerleading team will also be holding tryouts then. If you wish to get a place on the magic team, be sure to show up at the gym next Monday at 1:00 PM. With that out of the way, I believe I can allow you all to resume with your moving in…”

The announcement meant that the first years would be busy moving in, but for the second years, today was somewhat business as usual - they’d just had a vacation from July to September but now that it was over they would be returning to their stomping ground around today, at the same time as the first years… But they would just be moving back in rather than getting here for the first time with little knowledge of how things worked around here. They’d be able to either check out who they would be working with and meet some of the first years, or continue with their own unpacking, or if they had already completed that, most of them would just be roaming the campus and enjoying the next couple of weeks where they didn’t have serious work.

After all, as the rookie students would find out, once the work started for real around here, it could get quite intense… Still, there was a certain hopeful feeling in the air that was reflective of the lack of experience of some of the new students here. There hadn’t been anything to knock them down per say yet - they were still on top of the world, and they still had four years of training and improvement in front of them.
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Gabriella Sara Bianchi-Costa De Inferenza
Santa Marina, September 21st, 2020

Gabriella was most certainly not nervous or apprehensive on returning for her second year. She'd spent a few more days with Candace over the summer before she'd finally returned home to catch up with her siblings, one of which was pursuing Magical Studies as a subject at a university in London, the other of which was entering the Hunter Academy in Milan this year but had started slightly earlier than she had.

She'd found exactly nothing on what could have possibily happened at Red Mountain, and that troubled her. It had been a ritual of some form, vast in magnitude and mana consumption, but she had no idea what for. Maybe if she'd been able to have a bird's eye view of the site she would have had a better guess, but searching for references to something similar to the strange girl's bird had not helped either. She had spent days searching through her family's library, even dragging her siblings and mother into helping her with her research, but none of them had found anything. And that had been with the advantage of her mother being able to turn her memories into visible stills with her magic so everyone knew what they were looking for.

It troubled her even now. She didn't have much to unpack; just clothes, her room otherwise as she had left it, so the dean's announcement came over the speakers came just as she was leaving, listening to it as she walked down the hall with her heels clicking against the wooden floor, moving to head up the staircase. Candace's room was on the floor above hers from memory, so she figured she'd see if she was done unpacking quite yet. Combat magic was... Not her thing, not really. There was little room for the subtle tricks she tended to use in arranged matches where both teams would study the other's roster in detail, and it was generally far too brutish and undignified for her tastes.

She stopped in front of Candace's door, glanced over herself briefly, and knocked twice.

Olympia Galatas

It was... Distinctly odd, to Olympia, to actually be where she was. To anyone else, it might have been another relatively ordinary Monday, but to her, well... She'd worked her ass off to get here, the culmination of years of grit and hard work to achieve a fleeting childhood dream that over the years slowly solidified to become reality. Now she just had to keep the dream as reality, enjoy it, and more importantly, get out of it what she wanted.

She hummed to herself as she walked across campus, the key to her room clutched tightly in one hand, the pair of duffel bags everything she'd brought with her tapping against her sides as she walked. She didn't have much to bring, clothes mostly, weapons, a few mementos of home not that she really liked home, but this was the furthest from it she'd ever been, but it meant she didn't have to pull a suitcase around.

It wasn't hard to find the dorm blocks, and she made her way upstairs, counting her way along numbered doors as the Dean made his announcement but not pausing to listen. Still, the combat team sounded fun, even if she didn't actually make it past tryouts it'd be fun just to try and gave her a chance to see others in action. It wasn't like she really had a read for where she was in terms of skills, given, well, she'd taught herself while who knew how much private tutoring some of the others here from far more prominent mage families had?

She threw her duffel bags onto the floor, looking around her room. Bigger than she'd had back home for sure. Yeah, she could get used to this. She didn't bother unpacking, figuring she could do that a bit later, instead turning around and moving to leave. She had a whole campus to figure out where everything was, after all.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Candace Marin
September 21

The door would open shortly after Gabriella knocked and she’d find herself looking at her… Friend, wearing a tank top and sweating somewhat, perhaps because she had recently come back from working out… She didn’t exactly look surprised to see Gabriella, and on the inside of her room, most of her things had already been unpacked. “‘Sup,” she said, stepping back into the room as her music played in the background - her kind of music, the kind that was pretty foreign to someone like Gabriella.

It was safe to say that they were pretty different types of people, with Gabriella perhaps being the stereotypical rich mage girl from a prestigious family and Candace fitting in more with the crowd of goths, punks, and other such misfits - she was the one out of the two of them that had been an amateur Huntress, going out on her own path and fighting without clearance from anyone but herself.

“Mostly unpacked by now…” Candace said, gesturing across her things. “Stayed around Villanero for a bit during the summer and then I was in Nice and Monaco with Cassia for a bit. But… Guess you could say it’s nice to be back. Monaco was a bit too fancy for my tastes anyway,” she added, pausing as she turned back to Gabriella, smiling softly. “Anyway. I’m thinking about that magic team tryout next week.”

She chuckled, leaning against her dresser. “Might promise to try out if you try out for cheerleader,” she added with a wink.
don't tread on me

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Jack Dredd

As he walked through the gates of the school, Jack looked around rather nervously. Towering over his classmates, he nonetheless felt oddly small amid the scenery of the school and the no doubt more experienced students around him. Pushing his insecurities to the back of his head, he found his way to the administrative office and retrieved his room key, tucking it into his wallet. With a slightly tighter than necessary grip on his suitcase, he headed to the dorms and found his room, unlocking the door and sweeping the room with an appreciative gaze. Just a little nicer than his room back home.

Jack had been unpacking the rather small suitcase he'd brought with him when the Dean's voice boomed over the speakers, making him jump slightly. He hadn't been paying particularly close attention to his surroundings, one earbud in blasting punk and eyes wandering his new room, slightly glazed. He knew what was being said by the Englishman was important, at least, but he only really started paying attention at the mention of the magic combat team.

Kick ass and learn magic? That'll be fun, he mused to himself as he finished putting his clothes in the closet and exited the room. He meant to find the gym, where he planned on spending a decent amount of time, or maybe the cafe. At the moment, really, he was just wandering, slightly hoping to bump into someone who seemed as new as he was. He understood making friends would be important, considering the incredibly dangerous line of work they were in.
Pebis

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:05 pm

"I didn't even realise that was a thing, it faded into the background for me on the walk up here." Gabriella said, shutting the door behind her as she entered, moving to sit down on a chair in the corner of the room. She'd gotten used to Candace's tastes in music, but that didn't mean she liked it. "I'll ask a few of my friends if they're interested, I'm not trying out for it alone, but if they're up for trying I suppose I can try out. No guarantees I'll actually get in, of course." It wasn't the type of thing she'd normally do, but if some of her other friends were trying out and Candace seemed mildly keen that she did, well, it wouldn't do any harm to just try out.

"I spent most of my summer holed up in the family library peering over ancient books and the like for anything on the whole Red Mountain thing and found exactly zero, even after I'd gotten my entire family to help search and you know there's quite a few of us." Gabriella sighed. You didn't understand just how boring research really was when you were looking for needles in a haystack of books, it wasn't like there was a magical search spell for searching entire libraries at once or even a full catalog of everything in there, it was organised chaos at best. And it made for a very miserable summer at best. "Sounds like you had more fun than me at least, too fancy beats out all but living in a library for a while until the rest of the family returned and they dragged me out forcefully, but I kinda needed it. You know if Vivian's back yet?" She didn't know if the other member of their little trio was back yet, not that she and Vivian really got along. They didn't exactly hate each other, but there was a simmering mutual dislike between the pair of them, even if they did tolerate one another.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Candace Marin
September 21

“I haven’t heard anything about the Red Mountain incident either other than seeing the couple of local news articles about it - but they were vague and we saw more ourselves than those reporters ended up finding out. In other words, useless,” said Candace, letting out a slight sigh as she continued leaning against the dresser, scratching her head as she pondered the situation. “I’m sure that if you spent the summer looking to figure it out and didn’t find anything, we’re not going to find more than we did. I’d have advised you to do something else with your summer but eh… Someone has to do the boring work I guess.”

She paused for a minute, tensing up ever so slightly at the mention of their other friend. Or her other friend, anyway. She knew there was a rivalry between Vivian and Gabriella, and she found herself in the middle of it, and often times wondered if she was being unfair to Vivian for getting as close to her other friend as she was - in a way, it felt she was betraying her childhood friend for the one she had met in high school, the one who hadn’t been there as much.

“I think Viv is going to get in sometime today. Met up with her in Paris for a bit this summer, otherwise I think she’s been doing her own thing for the most part - last I heard from her she was in NYC still and getting ready to come here,” Candace said before letting her voice trail off. “Are there going to be… Problems this year with you two?”
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:31 pm

"Not if I can help it." Gabriella shook her head slightly. "We survived last year well enough, I don't think either of us really wants to make it worse if we can help it." Mostly, as far as she could tell, that was because Candace was stuck in the middle of them, but it was an... Awkward situation for all three of them nonetheless, and that was without taking other things into consideration. "I can only really speak for myself on that though, you know Vivian far better than I do so really your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what she's thinking." She could always just use her magic to see what Vivian was thinking, but that was extremely rude and would make things infinitely worse if Vivian found out, so she didn't.

Gabriella stood up, brushing herself down briefly. "I figured you aren't the type to do digging for info like that on the ritual, and it did make me curious. There was nothing in the library, mother didn't know anything but said she'd ask some of her contacts, Ash just shrugged and said he didn't know anything, but he did say that it was odd how the town never noticed it. It was either some form of mana cloaking or they were covering it up, according to him, but I'm fairly sure he may be going a little senile since he's like 67." Ash was a family retainer who'd been with the family since her grandfather had been alive and headed the family, and was something of a bodyguard and teacher to them. "Mother said that the mana increase could have been gradual enough so the residents never noticed it, like frogs and bringing water up to boil, but we've no proof of that. Anyways, enough of all that, you feel like heading on out for a bit? I don't mind just chilling here if you want to though."

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Aia Rikou

Aia's heartrate slowed as she leveled her breathing. Despite the fact that she could feel the beads of sweat drip down her forehead and onto her clothing, she was unfazed. Her muscles ached, and her lungs burned from the brutal workout she was putting herself through. Yet, her face displayed an expression so calm it could almost be considered to be nonchalance. The blindfold that darkened her vision made her rely on her other senses to locate where her enemies were. She heard the light patter of feet as they approached. Focusing intently, she silently cast Echo of Life. One of her enemies was rearing his fist back to deliver a crushing blow across her chin, and she caught the snapshot just as he raised his fist. Ducking low and putting her weight on her hands, she felt the swoosh of air as the blow went over her head. She snaked her leg out, catching the man in the back of the knee and sending him tumbling to the ground. She sent out her Ki again, the other man was bringing a training sword down to catch her in the back. Standing up, she shot her hands out and clapped her hands around the flat of the blade, catching it mere inches from her face. Stepping inwards, she bent her arm and slammed her elbow into the man's nose. He fell, cursing and clutching his face. Another ping of Ki, and she saw another enemy who had just loosed a projectile in her direction. She rapidly clenched her left fist, clasping her right hand over it, before extending her arms in the man's direction. A wave of psychic energy rippled outwards, and she heard the hollow clatter as whatever he had thrown fell to the ground. Now, she bolted forward. The man seemed ready, because she caught another snapshot of him pulling a knife from his belt. He then matched her charge, and Aia smirked. Suddenly, she stopped. Focusing her magical strength, she slammed her foot onto the ground. A column of earth shot upwards not four feet from the man, and before he could stop himself he ran full speed into the hard earth. He fell, groaning. Aia walked forward, placing a foot on his chest and pulling the blindfold from her head.

No sooner had she taken off the cloth from her eyes did she hear another pair of footsteps. She sighed. She had miscounted the amount of individuals in the room. The man needn't say anything; Aia simply turned to face him and offered the slightest frown. The man was one of the senior combat instructors at the Academy, one Jordan Thulfsson. Though he wasn't the Master at Arms, he was one of the best combatants that the Academy had to offer. Aia valued his input greatly.

"Your count was off," Jordan said, now moving to help his comrades who Aia had beaten senseless, "Is something wrong?"

"No, but thank you for asking," Aia replied calmly, doing her part to help recover the other trainers and their gear, as well as retract the column of earth she had summoned up, "I was simply too hasty."

And haste is the enemy of strategy. She quipped to herself, recalling one of the many lessons in combat that she had been taught at Drepung. She almost smiled fondly thinking of the monastery, its clay spires and stone courtyards had a homey feeling that she had thus far not replicated here in Santa Marina.

"Feral vampires can see - and fight - in the dark. You cannot. Your greatest weapon against them is patience and measured defense. They'll be ravenous for your blood, and that will become your best asset. Every move they make will be for your neck or your heart. Guard these two things with your life and soon you will take theirs." Jordan said, lightly tapping Aia's forehead and grinning. The two had become close in the time that Aia had been at the Academy, and she was ever-interested in the seemingly tiny tips and factoids that the man could use to create intense and brutal combat simulations. He was a perfectionist at heart, something that Aia could relate to.

"Remember what I told you about work horses versus race horses?" He said as the pair walked towards the exit of the Fight House.

"Yes," She replied, "'Race horses rely on their strength and prowess to win their battles. They charge headfirst into any fray, guns firing and swords swinging. Work horses perfect their craft, precisely measure and refine every movement until even the slightest twitch can be lethal. In the end, a work horse will always out-endure a race horse, but first they must know exactly how to work.'"

Jordan seemed to enjoy the fact that Aia had memorized her quote, word for word, because he let out a light chuckle. He stood at the doorway to the locker room as Aia pushed open the door to enter. She offered him a slight bow, a sign of great respect, and he mirrored it.

"Find your peace at your center, Jordan." She offered, and he simply nodded back in return. With that, Aia pushed open the door to the locker room. After a brief shower and a change into her casual clothes, she stepped out of the gym, only to nearly be flattened by a group of wide-eyed students pushing the doors to the complex open. She sidestepped the group, offering them a serene smile and nod. They barely paid her any mind, marveling at the incredible facilities provided them to practice and perfect their physique and fighting.

In all truth, Aia had forgotten that the new students were in-processing today. She was actually a bit relieved not to be the youngest class at the Academy anymore, as it provided her with a bit more freedom of movement and made the expectations of her a bit more professional, rather than her being treated as a ignorant child much of the time. She adjusted the strap on her duffel bag and made a sharp right out of the gym, to the apartment blocks that housed her room. She felt the warm summer rays of the late-morning wash over her face, and she bathed in it. It was a new school year, and she was incredibly excited for it.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Candace Marin
September 21

“You asking me on a date or something?” asked Candace, pausing for a long moment before chuckling slightly. “Just kidding. Unless…”

Things were oftentimes awkward between the two of them and this was no exception. Candace had a way of making things awkward like that, seemed to know the right words to ensure that both of them ended up flustered, and well… Ever since they had spent time in Villanero, there had been plenty of wondering from both sides about just what they were. Best friends? It was what they claimed in public, but in private, the answer was murkier than that.

Which made it seem like Candace’s joke wasn’t a joke. Not entirely, anyway. The kind of joke where there was just enough truth to it to make it seem like there might have been something more there.

“Anyway, I’m up for what you want to do, I guess… Or I could do you, I mean…” Candace continued, standing a bit straighter and stepping away from the dresser she had been leaning on for support. “It’s been a few months since we’ve been around here, guess we could look around and see if anything’s changed. I know they wanted to update a couple of the buildings or whatever.”
Last edited by Forest State on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:48 pm

September 20th

September 21st
Victoria Aurelius Fawn

Victoria woke with a start, looking around the room bleary eyed. She sighed as she remembered where she was, and threw her legs over the side of the bed. Standing up, and yawning, she went to the bathroom for her morning(ish) routine. Once she was dressed and ready, she opened a cheap grocery store box pie, and say down, eating her 'breakfast', and checking her various messages and chats. Once she was done eating, she stood up, and grabbed her gym bag. Today was a 'welcome the freshman' day, and she was going to have no part of it. She'd already slept in and missed her morning jog, least she could do was still hit the gym. Leaving her room, she pocketed her phone after checking one last chat and turned. Making her way through the longer route to the gym, she still had some fog from her night before to clear from her head. Popping her headphones in, she scrolled to her workout playlist, hit shuffle, and let it begin playing, nodding her head with the beat as she continued to walk. She sighed, scratching her head as she tried to figure out how to handle everything in general, time management had never been a strong suit of hers, and she had more than ever to do this year. It wasn't the worst situation she'd ever put herself in, but it was far from the best either. Whatever, she could figure it out in time, today she just wanted to avoid the general 'festivities' and pretend like nothing new was happening.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Tavian Arcos
Santa Marina, Septermber 21st, 2020

"So this is the Santa Marina Hunter Academy", Tavian said to himself as he walked through the front gates. It almost reminded him of the Hunter Academy at Dubrovnik. Almost, Santa Marina looks more pleasant and he breathed in the fresh air. He had heard good things about Santa Marina and it is nice to be back in the States. Though it is hotter here than in Pennsylvania and was glad it was not summer. He heard that Florida's humidity can really make one sweat for those not used to it. Tavian was nervous about his first day here and tried to keep his cool. Hopefully, he can keep a low profile here and not attract too much attention to himself.

He had a suitcase with him and he took in the surroundings as he walked to the administrative office to get the key to his room. Tavian headed straight to his room and unloaded his things once he arrived. He noted that his room looked nicer than his old room back at Dubrovnik. It did not take long for him to unpack his things and once he was done, an announcement by the Dean. "Hmmm", Tavian stroked his chin, "joining the combat team". That sounded like a promising idea though as he thought about it. He was not sure about joining, he was more of a supporting teammate then frontline. "I wonder if the combat team here will be better then the one at Dubrovnik", He mused to himself.

"Well, time to venture out and see that rest of the academy". he said to himself and departed from his room. Tavian figured he would walk around the campus for a time, maybe meet someone. Get to know where everything is and maybe get a bite to eat at the cafe. He stopped dead in his tracks upon a realization, Tavian did not think to ask if anyone of the Leths were coming to Santa Marina. The eldest of them, Tera was old enough to attend a Hunter Academy. Perhaps he will see her here, it would be nice to know someone even if that person would new here as well. If she is here that is and if not well, he can try to meet new people. Well, at any rate, he will be exploring the campus for a bit. Who knows who he will meet today.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:26 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Bu Liao
Santa Marina Hunter Academy

Much of the 1st years just wanted to bask in the glory of their new campus. And that was to be expected for it was a natural and inevitable reaction to the state-of-the-art facilities that would be theirs to access. It seemed that virtually all of them had forgotten about the grim side of the profession they were trying to enter. Yet, for those in the way of a certain Chinese monk on his early morning run, that was soon to change.

"My father has high expectations of me but now that I've made it this far, I think I have a better chance than ever of fulfilling those expectations," a 19-year old 1st year told her friend, a jovial expression on her face.

Her friend walking beside her nodded in agreement, "Heh, doesn't everyone's families have expectations for them. But I know what you mean, Kaly. Everything here is incredible. I think the only thing stopping us from becoming Hunters will be ourselves. That means we have no ex-!"

Both girls were roughly shoved to either side of the pavement, the force that disrupted their motion so great that it sent them falling to the ground. An incredulous look on her face, Kaly yelped in pain and said, "Hey! What the fuck?"

But by then, Bu was already long gone. Barreling through entire groups 1st-years, it looked as if Eurobeat was playing in the background as he ran. He needed no magic to run them down. He didn't say anything as he ran, his face passive for he was so deep in thought that everyone around him was an irrelevant part of the scenery.

He felt it. He was close to his self-realization moment. Bu just needed something strong enough to act as the catalyst for his enlightenment. But he was struggling to find it. That niche that could differentiate his karate club from other karate clubs. What will it be? He felt a twinge deep within his soul, his dual perception of reality and magic conjugating and delving upon that spark that had triggered the loveshot in his heart. The bullet was the answer he sought!

The martial artist's senses tingled. Returning to reality, unaware of the mass of victims he'd strewn along the footpath, Bu saw a great mountain of flesh before him. From the way Jack was walking, Bu knew that he was no Wushu master yet there was something about the man that he felt would be the answer he was seeking. But it wasn't as simple as barelling through him. Bu was strong but without his magic, he was still human. A 6 foot 8 giant would undoubtedly pose a serious problem for his momentum paled in the face of Jack's physicality.

He wasn't stopping though.

Accelerating forward with all his might, Bu provided the impetus he needed to lift himself off the pavement. Swinging his arms behind him and tucking his legs in, Bu soared into the air at Jack. Could he do it? Was he capable of it? The high jump record was a bit over 8 feet and it was set by an African who stood about 6'5". Bu only stood 5'10" and even he knew jumping over 8 feet was a feat that could only be accomplished via magic. But Jack's 6'8"? Bu grit his teeth together and committed to the jump. Fuck magic! He was a Shaolin monk even if he wasn't the most devout Buddhist out there. He believed in himself...

Bu's balls almost graced Jack's hair, the separation defined by the merest of inches. But he did it! Bu almost laughed aloud as he jumped over Jack. Almost. He'd been too hasty. The grey pavement was rushing to meet his face. He'd overestimated the speed he needed to jump over Jack and now he was about to collide face-first with the ground. And it was right in front of the gym too. Many people would witness his fall. Bu smirked midair came to an understanding right then and there with the universe. He didn't care what some shitty 1st years would th-

His uppermost peripheral alerted him to the presence of Aia in front of him. In a matter of milliseconds, Bu questioned his beliefs. Did he really not care? Did he really? Maybe not with skinny, pimple-ridden 1st-year boys but in front of a hot Asian girl? His pupils dilated. He finally understood the answer he was searching for. Philosophy! A philosophical karate club!

Bu smiled and close his eyes. He was content. All was well...

"ARGH!" He landed facefirst at Aia's feet. Blood began pouring from his forehead as he lay on the pavement. Bu didn't feel like using magic so he let the blood seep onto the concrete ground. Pushing himself off the floor, blood trickling down his otherwise smooth face, he looked back and forth between Aia and Jack. Then at everyone who had witnessed the spectacle that had just occurred. He narrowed his eyes at them. Then he smirked and gave a thumbs-up.

"You guys want to join my karate club?"

Jack Dredd

Jack felt the rushing air as Bu leaped over him, and almost jumped back in surprise as the man smashed his face into the pavement, though he quickly composed himself. Mostly. Maybe his heart rate was a beat or two faster than normal, but that was to be expected.

After Bu finished his rather odd request, Jack found his voice and spoke up, slightly weirded out by the whole situation. Still, this probably wouldn't be anywhere close to the weirdest thing that happened at the school, so he thought it best to keep an open mind.

"I've got a lot of questions, the least of which isn't why you seem to be ignoring the big ass cut on your face. You know what, let's start simple. Who are you and why did you just jump over me? Which, I'm not gonna lie, was pretty awesome," he said as he eyed the asian man. He briefly wondered if he was some kind of monk, what with the bald head and the impressive physical capabilities, but quickly decided it was unlikely for a monk to be in Florida of all places, instead of a monastery in the Himalayas.
Last edited by Lessoni on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pebis

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:05 pm

Archiebald "Archie" Lawson
Current Location: Santa Marina Hunter Academy

Excitement. Nervousness. The thrill of a new life, and the worry of a difficult time ahead.

Any first year student entering college, or at least an equivalent of it, would have felt these emotions upon their arrival at the front gates of their new academy. After all, it was basically the start of something new and unknown for all of them. The time they spent at Santa Marina Hunter Academy would be the first step many of them would be taking into the life of a Hunter, and it was clear to most, if not all of them, that their experiences here at Santa Marina would either be among the best of their lives, or the worst. It was, then, only natural for a freshman to feel scared. After all, none of them knew whether they would ever succeed at graduating, either because they'll fail at their lessons, or die a horrible death at the hands of the creatures they were being trained to hunt.

Archie, however, felt only excitement. For him, this was the final step he needed to take, the last obstacle he needed to conquer to fulfill his dreams. The reality of the situation has already dawned on Archie, and as such he had already made peace with it. Therefore, he no longer felt the negative, but only the positive. He let himself dwell on the moment, leading to a cringy scene where a freshman could be seen just lying down on the pavement on the grounds of the school.

Forest State wrote:“You have a lot ahead of you at this school, but today, the only thing you have to do is get moved in. If you haven’t already done so, you can proceed to the north apartment block and start working on it… Your actual training is set to begin in a couple of weeks, but there will, of course, be things to do before then - the magical combat team, which is set to begin activities this year and compete with teams from other schools, will hold an open tryout one week for now… The cheerleading team will also be holding tryouts then. If you wish to get a place on the magic team, be sure to show up at the gym next Monday at 1:00 PM. With that out of the way, I believe I can allow you all to resume with your moving in…”

Hearing the announcement of the Dean, Archie resolved to join the magic combat team. It seemed interesting enough to him, though he wasn't sure he could show up at the appointed time. He was always late after all. Standing up, Archie began to walk, or rather run, towards the north apartment block when an interesting sight caught his eye.

A bald Chinese man had jumped over an exceptionally tall student, his crotch nearly grazing the taller man's head before he crashed onto the pavement in front of a rather cute, if intimidating, Asian girl. The Chinese man didn't even seem perturbed at the fact he was bleeding, instead trying to recruit the two into his karate club.

Those three seem interesting! Might as well meet the students, then!

Rushing over towards the three, Archie ran as fast as he could. His gaze focused on them, he was unable to see the banana peel on the ground. He slipped and he fell, just like a cartoon character.

And so, Archie came to a painful stop just in front of the three, his face on the ground. "What's up, fellas? Archie Lawson, nice to meet ya."
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:16 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Bu Liao
Santa Marina Hunter Academy

"I've got a lot of questions, the least of which isn't why you seem to be ignoring the big ass cut on your face. You know what, let's start simple. Who are you and why did you just jump over me? Which, I'm not gonna lie, was pretty awesome."

Bu closed his eyes and nodded with a smile. He took in Jack's admiration without hesitation. It flattered him greatly to know the big dude thought that was awesome even though he had fucked up the landing and in front of a girl of all things. Bu also partly didn't want to stretch his neck up to look at Jack. It felt sore as fuck and he didn't want to look all the way up at the giant guy.

He realized Jack was also weirded out by what had just happened. That indicated to Bu that the giant was a 1st-year. He chuckled and put his hands on his waist, making it seem like he was unperturbed by his own weirdness though in truth Bu was sort of weirded out too.

"My name is Bu Liao. Shaolin monk from China! Master of Physical Magic! Also known as the Chinese tank. Though..." Bu opened one eye to glance at Jack's physique, "It looks like there's another tank on campus as well. Anyways, so as to why I jumped over you..."

He held his chin up with a hand, visibly pondering just why he had done such a thing? Of course, Bu knew why he had done such a thing but if he was to tell Jack that he'd done it to discover the meaning of philosophy then he'd definitely look like a clown. He needed an appropriate answer...

Bu's eyes lit up. His time spent puzzling over the antics of Western social media stars had been for this moment! Wiping away the blood on his face with his T-shirt, the yellow shirt looking more like a victim of sausage sauce, Bu stepped back from Jack, stretching his shoulders as if he'd just finished a particularly tough set at the gym.

"You answered your own question, buddy. That's precisely why I jumped over you. Because it would've been awesome to jump over a big guy like you to land in a crouch in front this hottie beside me and ask her out! Though I may have fucked up everything after the jumping over you part...," Bu explained matter-of-factly. "That was just a glimpse of my athletic prowess. And you too can gain powers like mine if only you'll let me teach you how to gain them! What's your name, big fella? Let this be the day you become strong! Well, I mean, stronger than you already seem to be."

Jack Dredd

Well, that seemed like a good enough answer to Jack. He knew all about wooing the girl of your dreams, or at least he thought he did.

"Can't argue with that, I guess. Name's Jack, Jack Dredd... and, I'm not gonna lie, I'd be honored if an actual shaolin monk taught me. Consider me in," he finished with a broad grin.

Just as he finished his sentence, another newcomer arrived, who took what looked like a rather painful fall on a banana peel.

Wait where did that... whatever, he thought.

"Hi. I'm Jack, Jack Dredd," said Jack as he helped Archie get to his feet. "You okay? That seemed like a pretty nasty fall," he said.
Pebis

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:23 am

Archiebald "Archie" Lawson
Current Location: Santa Marina Hunter Academy

Lessoni wrote:"Hi. I'm Jack, Jack Dredd," said Jack as he helped Archie get to his feet. "You okay? That seemed like a pretty nasty fall," he said.

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:"So, do you want to join my karate club too? I can help you make the magical combat sports team if you do!" He leaned forward to whisper cheekily, "Imagine all those cheerleaders screaming out your name, Archie."

"I'm fine, yes! Thanks, my dudes."

Getting back onto his feet with help from the two males of the trio, Archie checked himself first. No wounds, but my face hurts. He quickly dusted himself off before facing the trio and taking a closer look.

The tall one had introduced himself as Jack, and he was positively huge. Archie decided quickly that he didn't want to be in this guy's bad graces in any way, since Jack looked like he could easily snap Archie's spine in half. He would now have to take care not to piss the guy off in any way.

Meanwhile, Bu was quick to offer Archie a chance to join his "karate club", along with the mention of a few pretty girls screaming his name thrown in. Archie didn't even think twice about it. As soon as he heard the magic words, he decided that Bu's karate club was the way to go.

"A way to get into the magic combat team? Really?! Sure, count me in, sensei!"
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:56 am

"It's not a date." Gabriella shook her head furiously, blushing. Vivian would probably flip her shit if either of them did actually call it one, given who she was. She was fairly sure Candace somehow managed to make literally anything that involved the pair of them or all three of them several magnitudes more awkward than it had any right to be, with this just being a prime example. Enough of a joke to be able to play it off, but also enough of a genuine question given... Everything around them.

"And that can come later, we don't exactly need Vivian barging in while we're busy. God knows that's just a mess waiting to explode." She stopped shaking her head, sighing. "I figured we'd go see what, if anything, was different. I don't think that much has changed, but you never quite know, maybe grab a coffee or something, see if we recognise any of the freshmen. We've been to enough magical events between the pair of us, I figure someone we recognise or recognises us will be in the intake." It wasn't exactly guaranteed, not by a long shot given that she herself mostly knew the prominent families of Europe which, again, mostly sent their own children to the academy in Milan, and Candace never had been the type to pay much attention at such things.

"Come on, it's not like we have all day and we probably should meet Vivian whenever she shows up." Gabriella moved towards the door, flicking a glance over her shoulder towards Candace as she stopped in the doorway.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:20 am

Candace Marin
September 21

“No need to freak out or anything… Was just a joke. Probably,” Candace said, adding a bit more fuel to the fire by showing that she herself was unsure about just whether or not her statements were a joke. It was the truth, really - she herself wasn’t exactly sure where they stood, and she also wasn’t sure just how many of her statements were simply poking fun and which ones were looking to figure out what the response was - to gather more serious information. Perhaps both were the truth. That was probably it, decided Candace. A joke that had something more, something deeper to it.

She shrugged slightly and flashed one of her signature smiles, the kind of smile she could give even when she was saying something that seemed completely out of place. “I dunno, maybe she’d just join in. That’d be a fun time,” Candace said, before pausing and turning towards the door. “But you’re probably right. Might as well check out the campus again and see if we see her anywhere, I know she should be in today. Might already be here with all the others showing up. First years or whatever…”

And so she started out into the hallway, Gabriella not far behind her, and continued until they had went down a couple flights of stairs and out of the apartment block entirely, finding themselves in the open air on the somewhat chill but otherwise temperate fall day, some of the new students seen in the hallways or off in the distance as they stepped out. “Bunch of new faces to remember,” Candace said, before flashing a joking grin to Gabriella. “Well, I’m sure it won’t be hard to remember the cute ones.”

She could say something like that because, as Gabriella had said, they weren’t dating. And if they weren’t, she was at least going to get the most out of it and not posture like they were…

The scenery outside was nice, as they continued walking through it. The leaves had started to change colors around this time, the greens fading to yellows and oranges with the occasional red. Would have been nicer if it wasn’t for the slight tension that was in the air, at least between Candace and Gabriella, with Candace at least being unsure about how to approach some of the things she felt needed to be talked about. Like them. About things that had been unresolved ever since they were in Villanero. Things had changed a bit but… They had never talked about it.

It was like them, really, to just sweep it under the rug and allow the tension to grow - they were no strangers to letting it build up like that, and it could even be considered their default state maybe. Tension tended to build, time passed, and it usually fell… Candace just wasn’t sure if it was going to fall this time, once again. Ever since Villanero, it had felt like things were going to be different.

Ever since things had happened in Villanero… It had felt like there was little room to turn back.

Candace was pulled out of her thoughts, though, by the sight of her other best friend - Vivian Shaw, impossible to miss with her dreads and blue highlights and her style of dress which tended to be hip and sleek. She had her way of standing out in a crowd even if she wasn’t the most social person, and they could see her clearly right now, making her way to the direction that Candace and Gabriella were coming from, a bag over her shoulder. “There she is,” Candace said. “She hasn’t seen us. Should we… Say something?”
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:25 am

Gabriella walked in silence, not offering any comments of her own and rolling her eyes as Candace mentioned cute freshmen. She'd gotten used to comments like that, but she still couldn't help but roll her eyes at them regardless even if comments like that made things more awkward. Things were always awkward when it was just the pair of them, it was just how it was. She'd gotten used to the awkwardness though; that didn't mean she particularly liked it, how it followed them like a cloud, casting a shadow over every little thing.

Even just a simple walk out of their dorm block had the cloud following them, Gabriella more focused on the ambient noise, the sound of her heels, the idle background chatter, trying to distract herself from her own thoughts.

Gabriella didn't reply to Candace, instead calling out towards Vivian with a "Hey," lazily waving one hand above her head and moving towards her. There was no reason not to be rude about it after all, yes they might not exactly be the best of friends and even be rivals of a sort, but that didn't mean they couldn't at least try to be civil and to get along for Candace's sake. Even if that could be difficult sometimes.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Aia Rikou
September 21st, 2020

Aia watched the entire affair occur with equal parts amusement and annoyance. Then again, she should hardly expect anything different from Bu. In the year that she had known him, he had managed to ask her on a date or some form of outing at least two dozen times. He was nothing if not persistent, she would admit. This particular instance, as it would seem, was no different. He already had spoken about three different ways to take her on a date, to two complete strangers. Aia guessed they were first years, and they later gave it away. However, they seemed enamored enough by Bu's eccentric nature that she hesitated to ruin the illusion and tell Bu off. So, she waited. Eventually, however, he turned to her.

Knowing that if she had smacked away a hundred of his flirts, he shouldn't expect a different result for the same thing, Bu quickly switched the topic, "So, as you may have just heard, I'm setting up a kungfu club. Aia..."

Bu smacked his hands together in a praying sign and pouted his lips.

"Please be my assistant instructor."

Aia had to physically stop herself from cringing at the thought. In some senses, Bu made a mockery of the Buddhist tradition that they both purported to follow. It was clear that some of the lessons of patience and preaching a peaceful approach to violence - as ironic as that sounds - had fallen on deaf ears. However, Aia considered for a moment. Being an assistant instructor might actually provide her some opportunity to teach lessons in kung-fu properly. And, as she had been told many times, one was not truly a master until they could teach their craft to someone else.

Perhaps Bu is different in a dojo. She said to herself, but rapidly dismissed the thought. He was a vicious and talented fighter, no doubt, but Aia held a very well-founded suspicion that he fought for the enjoyment and the primal satisfaction that came from inflicting pain. She, on the other hand, detested combat as a form of satisfaction. It was necessary, no doubt, and she would never let herself lose her lethal skill, but she did not fight because it brought her some form of pleasure. She fought because it was her duty. Despite this, Aia - ever the optimist - had a lingering thought that maybe...just maybe...she could temper Bu's passion and re-introduce him to the practices he had been taught for all those years at his temple. So, she was intrigued, but that wouldn't stop her from making sure this wasn't simply a makeshift scheme to spend more time with her.

"Are you sure you're not going off half-cocked on this, Bu?" She asked, approaching the subject as lightly as she could and raising one eyebrow. For a moment, she flicked her gaze to the two first-years watching the exchange, wondering if they could - at the least - notice the contrast between her and Bu.
Last edited by Skyggeheim on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Candace Marin & Vivian Shaw
September 21

Vivian looked up at Gabriella calling out to her, and she turned and started moving in their direction without saying anything on her own - kind of typical for her. She wasn’t a social butterfly even if she did hang out with some of the ones around this place that were… Some of the most social in their own, very different ways. Gabriella could be considered one of the popular girls, Candace on the other hand was the type to frequent raves and parties, the likes of which Vivian sometimes found herself brought in, but even if she went to them sometimes, it was still definitely Candace’s thing per say.

“Well, we’re all back together again…” said Vivian, finally, as she approached - she didn’t waste time making her way over to Candace and throwing her arms over her shoulders, kissing one of her cheeks and then kissing the other one… Another gesture that perhaps made things awkward again with the tension between her and Gabriella that generally existed when they were both around Candace, even if it could be played off as a friendly thing.

That was something of a game between the three of them now, it seemed. Do something, play it off as something that didn’t mean much, but even when it was played off like that, the tension still remained. And Vivian wasn’t doing much to help that situation. “Heard about what happened at Red Mountain from Candace… I assume your summers went well outside of that?” she asked, breaking the ice a little perhaps as she backed off of a slightly blushing Candace and looked between her and Gabriella.
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:18 pm

"After Red Mountain, nothing exciting if I'm being honest." Gabriella gave a small shrug, averting her eyes from Vivian and Candace as she spoke and saying anything, just pretending it never happened. They had their game, not that she really liked playing it by any measure. It just made things more awkward, at least in her opinion, doing things then playing it off as a joke or just being friendly. Eventually... Well, one of them would overreach, do something that simply couldn't be waved away or pushed under the metaphorical carpet, and then all that building tension would come like a tidal wave.

"Granted, trying to be more exciting than Red Mountain's a tall order, I don't exactly make a habit of going off on magical mystery tours. It just bothers me, you know, what the hell was supposed to happen there." Gabriella continued, brightening up slightly as she changed the topic. She'd done enough boring things wading through research on Red Mountain over the summer. "Did you hear the announcement about the magical combat team forming up and having tryouts? I'm not sure if you were here when it was made since it was only a short time ago and you've only just gotten here, not entirely sure if you'd be interested either." She genuinely wasn't sure about either, but she figured if Vivian didn't know then it was only polite to tell her. If she did know then, well, given her and Candace had both made their own choices on the matter, it made sense to see if the third member of their trio was going to involve herself.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:35 pm

September 21

“Er... I don’t know about that. I mean, I’m not the kinda mage that has the flashiest spells, y’know,” said Vivian, scratching her head awkwardly as she pondered the question of whether or not the magic team would be a good fit for her. “Not like I’m going to be able to go at the other team too much, I think my thing is more support. Practical in the field, don’t know if coaches or whatever will like it…”

“If it helps you win, it helps you win,” shrugged Candace, slapping Vivian on the shoulder to encourage her. The gesture just drew a slightly nervous chuckle from Vivian, who cocked her head to the side.

“There’s a couple other things I dunno about,” Vivian added. “I’ll think about it… If you’re joining, at least. ‘Cause I’d hate it if you had to go on road trips with the team and I couldn’t go on them, you know? I just think it might… Might uh, be awkward or something and I might not be able to do much for the team…”
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:48 pm

"Candace is trying out for the team, at least. Magical combat's a bit too brutish and unrefined for my tastes, and I have the same problem as you when it comes to not having the flashiest or most directly offensive spells around." Gabriella said, falling silent for a few moments. Both being mental mages was really one of the few things her and Vivian had in common, even if their spells within the branch of magic varied a bit. Although, if she was being honest, that her magic would not exactly be the most useful hadn't even registered to her until Vivian had brought the subject up, she'd dismissed it out of hand for other reasons.

"She also persuaded me into trying out for the cheerleading squad, which I'm fairly sure is mostly so I can keep her company on team road trips. You could always try out for both and see which you get on, our style of magic suits the peformance type of thing rather well if you think about it. Not sure if it would really be your kind of thing though, but you'd get to come on team road trips with us. And both of us would feel bad for just abandoning you here all by yourself." Gabriella mused, her tone hiding her own hesitance about suggesting the idea. It would be rather selfish of her to just bring her and Candace along if they both got on their respective teams and leaving Vivian alone. "Just a thought, we've still got like a week before we have to actually make a choice, correct me if I'm wrong."

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:38 pm

September 21

“Guess it would be kinda lonely if you guys are flying all over the US and Europe and I’m just sitting here…” Vivian said, chuckling to herself a little bit, which seemed like a nervous gesture rather than something actually warranting it. She paused, scratching her head again. “But I mean… You’re kind of like the natural cheerleader type, I guess. Makes sense for you to be joining that team, but me… I’m not sure. Not like I’m social or the kind of person that smiles all the time. Just wouldn’t be me, you know? But at the same time I don’t know if I’d be able to do anything for the team itself…”

She let her voice trail off as she pondered her options, her hand on her chin. “Guess I’ll have to think about it, we do have a week like you said… Might be able to talk myself into it or something. Maybe.”

Her voice continued on awkwardly, but she would be interrupted by the attention going to someone else - the person who was approaching the group of them was one that Gabriella would recognize, a blonde wearing a green military style jacket and an Adidas baseball cap, although the cap for the moment was spun backwards. To most she’d look like anyone else around this place, albeit a little older than the average for the new freshmen that were showing up, but… She was here for other reasons than school - she wasn’t quite on the staff, but it could be said that she was helping the staff with something.

Which had managed to bring her here unexpectedly. “Gabs…” she said, walking up, flashing a smile - one of her signature, charismatic ones. “Fox told me you might be around here. Figured I’d come find ya’ll after I ended up not being able to fly back to London today. Have some more things to get done down here in Santa Marina, first.”
don't tread on me

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse