NATION

PASSWORD

☯ Orientalism Rising! [IC][MT/PMT][CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:12 pm

"I observe a fascinating puzzle, Jiji-sama," – said Ivan. – "There is a large set of very sizable buildings. To throw these up would require a bunch of workers, and a bunch of building material, and a lot of it can't just be grabbed from the forest. And of course whoever those people are, they have to eat and keep the lights on – literally and figuratively. Power, water, sewage. This creates openings. Now, I am not an expert on these things, and so I can't tell you exactly what we will do to crack the puzzle." – and the truth was that at least part of the plan would be classified, not only from Jiji, but from Ivan himself – compartmentalization was the most reliable way anyone knew to keep secret information from being misplaced, and documents from being 'leaked'.

"Thank you for your help, Jiji-sama. I shall relay this fascinating puzzle to people who are, I assure you, the finest solvers of puzzles, yes? Now if you may, I'd like us to speak of things which are of lesser import – or perhaps of greater import, in the long term, considering secret towns come and go, and great art remains. Let us consider Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment and his view of the soul…"

The spy continued to speak, in this vein, taking the discussion to matters of literature and philosophy that a passer-by mind find entirely boring, and which, if intercepted, would be thought of as entirely innocent, at least in terms of the fact they had no national secrets contained within.

The difficulty the Allaneans had faced was a substantial one. To fully understand what was going at the "compound", it would be ideal of course to get a person in there, but naturally, if the place was in fact was the Turtleshroom government suspected it was, there would be substantial security. One does not simply walk into a Maoist training camp.

Therefore, the Operation of Armed Shenanigans created several disguises, and soon several different people appeared in town. None of them knew each other, nor did any of them have any knowledge of each other's identity. One was named Liang Wazhu, a businessman, of Asian appearance, who was in town to buy a large shipment of timber for his furniture business. He went about, inquiring about cheap shipments, and implying – subtly sometimes, at other times less subtly – that he was interested in buying timber that was collected less than legally.

Another man was an absolutely stereotypical white Allanean, by the name of Augusto Birch – a middle-class hunter, who was interested in bird-hunting in Turtleshroom for some reason. Why Turtleshroom and not some other country was not clear, but traveling hunters are like that – sometimes a man will travel thousands of miles to shoot a deer just because it is different from the deer that run around in his native woods. And so this man, dressed in ludicrous leafy camouflage and an orange safety vest, made it off into the woods. He was interested, as many are, in night hunting, and so obviously he carried with him a portable hunting blind, and a set of infra-red goggles, and about half a dozen trail cameras that were capable of taking video of deer in complete darkness. (That those trail cameras would appear, quite soon, on tree branches near several trails and paths leading towards the 'compound' was neither here nor there – after all, a trail or even a roadside is a good place to look for deer, yes?)

The third man was, again, an Asian in his appearance, and more particularly he seemed Chinese. What English he spoke was broken, and almost cartoonishly accented. He wore a worn-out button-up shirt, dark-blue pants that had been rubbed grey along the knees, his skin seemed worn and his eyes tired. Calluses from years of hard work decorated his palms and his knuckles, and the man had clearly seen many things in his life, most of them not very good ones. His name was Jiang Wuying, and he went about the town doing odd jobs – repairs, splitting firewood, and the like. But he was definitely looking for a real job – a permanent job, perfectly. And when he was not next to a potential employer, he made it clear he did not like rich people very much.

"It nonsense, I say. I make one dollar," – he would say. "Boss, he make three dollars, off my back. What? I work twelve hours till my fingers bleed. Look at these hands. Calluses. Blood. Scars. Years of work. Boss, he sits in office with air conditioner. "

The broken English, of course, was part of the mask, as was the name 'Jiang Wuying'. Indeed, even the scars and calluses had been faked, an elaborate disguise. Oh, the man could definitely do the hard work – but he was not, in any event, a poverty-stricken day laborer, and his accent, his shirt, and everything else about him were intended to appeal to local stereotypes of the "Asian day laborer".

But when he spoke Chinese, Jian Wuying was substantially more eloquent:

"It is a scam I tell you. By what right do they get to claim half of our labor? It's nonsense. Do you think that it makes any sense, you work for twelve hours a day, your boss provides nothing except that the company's name is next to his in the register, and he gets half the money? Sometimes more than half? It's nonsense. Really just legalized theft."
Last edited by Allanea on Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:32 pm

{ OOC: If I took too much liberty and god-modded the post, or got out of character, let me know. }

As was normal in a rainforest, a steady shower darkened the sky and nourished the trees' thirst. Contrary to many rainforests, the soil of the Great TurtleShroomian Jungle was rich and as deep as the fertile swamplands, making sustainable logging easier and TurtleShroom's biosphere sustainable.

"DID YA'LL SEE HIS FACE?!"

Two policemen, wearing the usual khaki robes over their arsenal and garments, each sporting the same khaki police cap, were talking to a small town politician. The turtle, an unusually small specimin, denoted by the little ribbon draped around his shell like ribbons on a cake, were asked this of the cops.

"I'm sorry, officuhs. Yes, but there's a lot of Orientals in this town and, well, humans really do all look alike to us turtles."

"Well, you did call us over for this." Any definin' fee-chuhs?"

"Right! An Oriental businessman was lookin' for loggin' contracts. Now, that's odd, 'cause this ain't no loggin' town. It's a rail station out to the in-dust-tree zone several dozen miles out."

The cops nodded as the turtle continued.

"So he talks to me 'bout this, and I don't say nothin' 'cause I suspected he was into crime. I managed to get him to say it outright. He asked 'bout an illegal loggin' operation. I called 9111 immediately, but he got out of the closet mah staff locked him in."

"He's got any distinct physical features? What'd he look like?"

"Pockmarks on his cheeks, like bad acne. Two black moles, one on his left uppuh cheekbone n' one unduh the left cornuh of his lee-ip."

"Anything else?"

"Houndstooth suit. -and this."

The turtle climbed off the desk and onto the chair. Moving a side the ramp with his neck, he bit the handle of the drawer and pulled it out.

It was an Allanean passport.

"He left this when he escaped the closet. Must'a fell out."

"Oh, the Allaneans again. You think Allanea is tryin' to buy cheap lumbuh."

"No, not at all." the turtle replied. "I'm sayin that this guy is probably wanted in his home country."

"Boi! That's a white guy in his pic'chuh," the first cop noticed.

"A'yup, it's stolen," stated the second officer.

"Well, how's it gone help us?"

The little politician looked to the officers.

"First, we write to Allanea and ask for loggin' fugitives. No way they're gone lose track of a guy on the run. Maybe freeze his assets or somethin'."

"Anything else?"

"Well, there's an old Chinaman that got into a fight with some white TurtleShroomers and a Tsao after he kept bein' ungrateful 'bout his job. Prob'ly a dirty commie. 'Ah wahh, I work twelve hour shifts for four Skillets a hour, boo hoo hoo, my boss has a desk job with an air conditioner in the winduh and a ceilin' fan, life is unfair'!'"

The turtle was clearly mocking him. The cops curled their lips into a disgusted snarl.

"Definitely a commie. We know where you're talkin' bout. We'll follow up."

What the politician and the policemen didn't know, though, was that Liang Wazhu, the first spy, the one careless with his forged passport, had faked every part of his appearence. The acne scars? Fake. The "beauty" marks? Fake? The big nose? Fake. The houndstooth suit? Set on fire. Everything he just faked? Also set on fire.

Those ashes hid his first disguise, as did his second passport of Hyphenese* origin. He (correctly) assumed that your average TurtleShroomer on the street can't tell Asians apart, and those who could would assume he's uniquely mixed like everyone in former GEIJD colonies. His targets would notice, though.

In his new suit and without the defining features, Liang Wazhu looked far more like all the other faces in the crowd. He looked through the town and happened to spot an occupied alley between the small-town picture show and an outlet mall-sized Juanito's Boomstick Emporium branch. He was, for a brief time, unaware of a person watching him.

"Psst. Al-lay-nee-an. Ovuh here."

Afraid he had been caught by the unknowing TurtleShroomers, Liang froze, and calmly positioned his hand in a way that looked non-threatening, but allowed him to reach a specially concealed weapon. He maintained a poker face.

"Don't worry. I ain't no cop. I know what ya'll want. I can gets it for ya."

Liang realized this was a contact and would have smiled slightly.

He walked into the alley, looking to the respective, wet clapboard and brick facades of the movie theater and gun store. A few campaign posters for the upcoming Parishonal and imperial elections were peeling slightly in the rain. The light was dim, outside of a single candle the suspicious man held in his left hand. The sleeves must have been too long for him, because only the classical candleholder and candle chould be visibly seen.

He was wearing a lumpy trench coat that, with the contact standing only six feet, was below average for a TurtleShroomer. Its bottom was damp as it pooled on the floor, apparently too big for him. He was also fat! That accent with a stretched coat from his legs to his chest? No way! A fat TurtleShroomer! What a story he'll tell back at the office.

He seemed to walk with a limp. Almost a hopping motion, actually, his torso and chest area swayed when he walked, indicating how much force his body had to use to move himself. Poor guy. As he clame closer, it was also revealed that he was wearing a hood that covered his face and eyes, which had the usual cokebottle classes over them. In the shadows, his glasses reflected the light, turning them completely white and obscuring what was beneath them.

* Clack *

"Dag'nabbit Stepan! You know how many times it took to do that laht trick?!" the voice whispered harshly.

The man's arm dipped as the candle holder fell closer to his side. It barely hung in the holder. Then, the candle fell to the floor. Lights out. In anger, the candleholder was dropped with it.

"BOI!" was Stepan's next hiss.

Wait. Whispered? Stepan? This man's name was Stepan? It's a Russian name, so this must be a white guy, going by that accent. Most TurtleShroomer Whites had either Bible names, Southeastern USA names, or Russian names. Only people trained to really pay attention to their surroundings, like spies, could have even heard that whisper. The accent was unmistakable.
Perhaps it was just a logging camp after all?

As Liang cautiously observed, he saw Stepan's shoulder shake and then his left arm flail. In the dark, he could see a small metallic object in Stepan's hand, just poking out of the sleeve.

* Click click click click *

That was definitely a lighter. The man in the coat must have been blushing hard.

* Click click click click click click click *

"BOI! My niece can do that with just her mouth in three tries! If I could, I'd show you how!"

Every click had the lighter move around and change position. Sometimes it would be pulled back in and then stuck back out of the sleeve. This guy must have had Parkinsons or so-

Then it hit him.

It's unusual to see an Asian man's eyes get big- especially that big -but even Liang, in all his training, lost his cool when he realized what he was seeing. It was a trick so laughable, so famous, that he thought he'd never see it in real life. He grinned, despite all his expertise in hiding his emotions, stifling a chuckle.

There was more than one person in-

"HE'S ONTO US! HABAKKUK! DRAW!"

Instinctively, and in a second or less from hearing the word "draw", Liang had his handgun out and pointed at Stepan. When he looked back at "Stepan", beyond any possible comprehension, a handgun had materialized from below the kneecap area of the trench coat. It had been drawn as fast, if not faster, than his, and pointed right at his head, held firmly and straight by a marksman who clearly knew how to use a gun.

How many midgets are in that coat?!

That's when lightning flashed. In the light, a few wire rods, levers, and joints could be seen hooked to the end of its barrel and its trigger.

Wire rods?

Oh no.

No way.

NO WAY.

Every Allanean in TurtleShroom knows that the most unsuspecting TurtleShroomers can shoot. From the fifty cent piece sized, months-old tortoise that nearly brought down a two-seater Necron troop transport holding a VIP, to the turtle bearing the last name Jingleheimer who nearly shot Urmanian's High Inquistor horse, "a gun behind every blade of grass" and the chaotic, guerilla tactics of TurtleShroom were legendary for both their novelty and effectiveness. Laughing at this shin gun would be his reaction if the gunman wasn't clearly a marksman with a draw time as fast as him.

Those thin black rods and joints? Those were holding and firing mechanisms designed to effortlessly fire a gun. By a turtle. Necron and Menelmacari soldiers invading TurtleShroom were shown this because the turtles would pick them off like flies if they weren't careful.

Those were holding mechanisms for a turtle. There were turtles in the trench coat.

The second lighter produced by the trench coat in its sleeve finally clicked on.

"Ah'ight, you probably know by now what's goin' on."

The hood rustled slightly as a mask was revealed, with fastenings for the glasses that were dropped. It dropped to the floor and the hood collapsed. From the tiny hole of the fallen hood, out popped the long neck of a turtle. The left sleeve arm lifted up as the sleeves rumpled together. There was another turtle with the lighter in his mouth.

From the right sleeve extended a serpent-like "appendage". A rubber and plastic hand at its end fell to the floor. It was another turtle, specifically a snake-necked turtle, who was pulling the frog button straps off the trench coat's buttons. When he did, the right side of the coat opened up like a refridgerator door, realizing the characterisitic Slavic build of broad shoulders and barrel chest of this "fat man" were a mechanism. The wooden yoke-like structure holding the door and the coat was affixed to what looked like a black tube of farbic. It ran all the way to what would have been the "man's" kneecaps and hid the turtles making up the "waist" and "torso" and area above the "kneecap".

Lightning flashed again, and faint thunder rolled. The trench coat's interior had several types of beautiful tropical woods that any Allanean or foreigner would die for and pay a fortune to get, cut up in two-by-four planks and dangling in fabric holsters of the coat. TurtleShroom's lumber, and its carpenters, were legendary for their beauty in cutting and planing fine tropical wood.

The turtle with the gun had the instant-set up of the machine holding his gun deployed, affixed to his shell and the bridle that controlled the joints in its mouth. A well-trained turtle marksman could put it on and draw the gun in seconds. This turtle was an expert. He let go of the bridle and held his neck up, his doll-like, beady eyes and that "glow" of sapience you would see through his all-black pupils reflected in the light above him. Liang lowered his gun, for the turtle was now holding his neck straight up and definitely not a cop. A volunteer soldier at one time, most likely, but not a cop.

The turtle at the very top sighed, speaking softly as he gestured with his neck for Liam to come closer.

"Yeah, there's seven of us. The name's Stepan. Three of us all's as green as they come, so the old crahm slang goes. It was our first try."

Stepan and both shoulder turtles looked left and right, checking to see if anyone was in the alleyway with them. Habakkuk, who was clearly their guardsman, knew better than this and continued to stare his unblinking stare up at Liang, watching his every move.

"Okay. So you may wonduh what we even want. We know about ya'll escapin' from the poe-lease. You got lucky."

In the firelight, the turtle showed a facial expression of happiness, which was easily discerned despite the turtle having no lips and a fixed jaw. He was smiling.

"Ya'll got luck, but we's got wood. The wood of your dreams. Great wood. Beautiful wood. Come closer, Allanean. Touch our wares."

Liang nooded and lowered his gun to his side, exercising trigger discipline and holding his index finger straight down the gun barrel. He ran a light brown on the planks. Liang was no craftsman, but even he could tell how well these planks were cut. No splinters.

"Now, we and an anonymous lady are the carpentuhs. Not the lumberjacks. They keep things quiet. Hush-hush. We go to their compound every othuh day n' get the loogs. Then we go and fix 'em. Sell 'em to stores. GET RICH."

All the visible turtles smiled at that as Stepan continued.

"Anyway, we've been a-watchin' ya'll. We've done this secret wood business in othuh towns for a long time, but them logguhs back a ways? THE BEST. We'll be here gettin' rich forevuh!"

Stepan stuck his neck out forward as Liang, by now up to Stepan's neck, did not speak. He was confused until he heard a quiet whisper in his right ear. It was the snake-necked turtle.

"What if I told you...... ya'll can get perfect wood? What would you say, Allanean?"

{ OOC: I'll be writing the spies one by one. Any reply from here, for the moment, should be through Liang Wazhu. The other characters will be followed in future stories. }

* = That is the demonym Imperial--Japan, which TurtleShroom refers to as "Imperial Hyphen Japan" because of the two hyphens in their name. The Allanean spy obviously knew this custom and planned accordingly.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:22 pm

OOC: I prefer if people didn't write my characters, although in this case this is of course not a big deal at all (those are characters I made up just for this RP). Just please be aware of this preference in the future.

IC: The Allanean looked at the planks in visible delight, these were the example of some very fine worksmanship. Like many Allaneans, he took a pleasure in observing the results of a work done well, even if he was not, actually, a businessman. But the mask had to be worn. Therefore, 'Wazhu' continued with the charade.

"Listen, this is excellent. I'll buy all of these, as a start." – he walked back and forth along the stacks of wood, gesticulating. "Look, I'll be level with you. I am going to be building a project at home. A big one. A whole bunch of houses. So I'm going to need planks, I'm going to need logs, and I'm going to need all kinds of them, from processed planks like this to rough logs that are going to be sawn into shape at the site. So I'm going to do business with you, and I'm going to do business with the guys that you buy the logs from. Everyone wins. I'm going to save a bunch of money because I'm buying these from you and not some guys who spend time jumping through all the legalities – we know the kind of legalities, taking the very hide off an honest businessman's back." – he waved his hands -"Your people will make money. Then my contacts will get the logs out of the country by truck – I know some shipping routes that an honest Turtleshroomer can't take, but my contacts can. Then I will build the project, deliver the houses ahead of time. Come back to you for more logs." – he paused.

"The nature of this project means I'm going to pay you and your friends in cash. Hard currency – as usual, gold or banknotes. Were this in any other country I'd do crypto, but I'm not sure in the computers around here, to tell the truth."

This was, as many things the Allanean said, part truth, and part lie. Turtleshroomer computers were not really expected to be the best, but the real reason that he intended to pay in hard cash was that Allanean intelligence already had a cunning plan to monitor the movements of the banknotes.

Several plans, as it were.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:33 pm

{ OOC: I was hoping for a reaction to the turtles. This is a set up for the next post and will be very short. It's getting late. }

Stepan hastily moved his neck upwards as his tiny, doll-looking eyes seemed to light up in the firelight.

"Absolutely! We gots the best wood this side of the Dry Dry Desert! In fact, we were so hopin' ya'll would know good wood when ya see it that we have a transport down to the Super Secret Illegal Logging Camp right now!"

Stepan paused.

"Uhh, but first, would ya mind helpin' a fella out n' lettin' us all down from this costume? Yeah, just like that. Now pick the yoke there, it's kinda' heavy from the wood. Uh-huh. Okay. Pick me up and then the rest of us; don't mind the black cloth tube."

Now faced with seven turtles (or more specifically, five turtles and two tortoises), each about five feet from the front of their carapace to the back of the same, all the turtles except Habbakuk, who still had the gun apparatus on, grinned.

"Ah'ight! Let's go, the truck's this way! Make sure ya'll pick up our disguise. The wood there is all yours as a sample!"
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:03 am

The Arab State of Khataiy

Our nations may not agree entierly, or see eye to eye all the time, but we would still like to build a strong and beneficial relationship with the Pan-Asiatic states, we also respect and admire your nation's rapidly growing influence and success. We would like to partner with your nation in the face of the various threats across the world.

Signed,
Uthman al-Ghamadi, Foreign Minister of the Arab State of Khataiy

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 pm

There was a moment in which the Allanean raised his eyebrows in admiration, he was of course a professional (though the turtles, so far, appeared not to have guessed this), but he had never seen, or heard of, a disguise that was this ambitious nor this well-executed. The turtles had taken something that he'd only seen or heard of as a joke (three small creatures posing as one larger one was a feature in comedy films, where three children sometimes pose as one adult in a trench-coat), but here it had been carried off with great success by people who were, it appeared, some sort of career criminals.

"That's a very clever disguise, I must say"- he said, as he picked up the set-up – "And you are a generous lot, with this sample. I feel that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship," – lying came easily to him, as it was, after all, his bread and butter. "And a friendship we all are going to profit from."

Some, however, would not profit.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:28 am

Even Habbakuk softened his stoic, quiet gaze and smiled as he outstretched his neck to retract the holding mechanisms for the handgun that was still holstered. They folded up and rested on the top of his shell as the bridle hung free in front of his neck. As the gun clattered to the floor, he picked it up with his mouth and, to an ouside observer, seemed to tuck it into the holes in his shell where his feet were. It looked painful for something to be shoved straight into flesh, but turtle gun nuts were used to it. Obviously, in this state, he would have to put the gun on the floor, pick it up with the apparatus, and then draw, making him unable to expertly produce the gun in such a quick scenario.

The rain, now much heavier and still steady, wetted the seven, slow turtles and the Allanean spy. They exited the alley and walked several hundred yards to find a large, unmarked utility van with a ladder on top.

"Ah'ight, this here's our ride." Stepan explained, gesturing his neck to the van. "Civilian TurtleShroomers like us almost nevuh use automobiles unless we're doin' freight, shippin', or in-dust-tree work. In this case, a commercial service. That there's a gutter cleanin' van. It won't 'rouse no suspicions, ah hope, and even if it does, the lah-sens plates in this country are issued by prah-vet boards. We gots a forgery."

The turtles gestured for "Liang" to enter the passenger seat. The driver, an Aldabra tortoise, was sitting on what looked like a tall metal rectangular prism that held him up to the steering wheel. Above the cube-like box was a gap and then a slab of diamond-plate metal several inches thick. The tortoise's legs were out to his side in a squatting stance. The car bounced on its shock absorbers as the turtles all piled into the back, and the Allanean spy heard the door shut.

Turning his neck without his body moving, the driver looked to Liang and nodded his little head, recognizing this was the Asian man that he was informed about.

"Good evenin', son. Bet ya'll ain't nevuh seen what I'm 'bout to do back in Allanea!"

The tortoise reached his neck into a cupholder and pulled out the car keys in his mouth, which were normal keys in a classical ignition switch. Laying the keys on the metal, he turned his head to the side and picked up the right one in his mouth, inserting it into the ignition. He pushed down a small toaster oven-style lever that turned the keys. The car cranked.

As the spy watched, using his mouth, the tortoise grabbed the automatic gearshift, sticking out the left side of the steering wheel, and put it in drive. He stepped forward on the pressure plate, depressing it, and moving the car foreward. He never used the steering wheel of the van, which was about two-thirds his size, as he rolled out onto the muddy dirt road.

As he made his turns and dipped behind the thick brush of the understory of the jungles, the road- clearly freshly paved -was obscured in flattend plants, vines, and other such things. In the headlights of the vehicle, the spy could see nature's bounty, as the quiet beauty of the soaked rainforest spread across the windshield. Vines thick enough to hold Tarzan's weight were in the canopy above, and even over the engine, the soothing sounds of frogs and animals were audible. Sometimes, brilliantly colorful parrots standing in the path would fly away, and bugs the size of VHS tapes and other unusual things would land on the vehicle. It was an eco-tourist's dream.

The spy observed the tortoise driver's mechanism. When he stepped or leaned foreward, the pressure plate would accelerate the vehicle. To put on the breaks, he stepped backward. If he stood there long enough, the car would come to a stop. Unlike a boat, which stops using reverse and then reverses it it keeps going, the turtle had to shift gears to reverse. To turn the car left or right, the turtle would sidestep horizontally, and the car would turn until he returned to the center.

"A lotta' stuff's old-fashioned in this land, but the Free Market put automatic transmission on cars within weeks after its importation to the country. It took two turtles to drive a stick shift and the third, clutch pedal was extended all the way up to the seats, where the othuh turtle 'stomped the grapes' and 'stirred the tuna'."

He chuckled, referencing the old TurtleShroomian meme once used to teach driving stick to new drivers.

After about two or three hours, the thick jungle canopy, the understory, and the rainforest itself suddenly vanished into a glade. The night sky was black, obscured by my butts.

Suddenly, there it was. The chicken coop structures, exactly as the satellite found them. Around the perimeter was a chain-link fence with barbed wire. A single armed guard, a mushroom, could be seen in the window of the toll booth sentry box. The mushroom had a plaid, robe-like cloth made of flannel over him, with beltloops sewed in it at the middle of his stem, and a belt loosely fastened and buckled in it. He was wearing a yellow hard hat that read "LOGGER SECURITY" in black letters on it. Signs on the fence, all written in Japanese but one, read things like "LOGGING CAMP", the usual caution and no tresspassing signs, the rules and regulations notices under TS law (for show, obviously), and the logo of the company. It was an orage background with red GEIJD/classical Japanese characters. To the left of the sentence was a black and white Yin-Yang symbol. The lone English sign read "I'M A LUMBERJACK AND THAT'S OKAY", honoring the old tradition of woodsmen in the country hanging it on their camps.

The mushroom was visibly armed with a handgun, a taser, and what seemed to be a full-sized spray can of anti-jungle hornet spray.

"Ya'll got your shipping manifest, corporate ID, license, and vehicle numbers?"

"Yes sir."

He reached into the side pocket of the door and handed them over in his mouth, one by one. The mushroom telekinetically held them up to the light and handed them back.

"Ah, the Al-lay-nee-un is here! We've been expecting you, boi! We were informed earlier. Welcome to the Super Secret Oriental Yee-in Yang Tax-Free Wildcat Tropical Lumber Comp'ny. Please, go right in. Oh, and don't you worry none, the sign on the fence with the comp'ny's name and log DOES NOT say the actual name of this here wahld-cat operation. We're not stupid."

The mushroom handed a traditional nametag sticker over the car and instructed "Liang" to put it on. Underneath the "HI! My Name Is" header read "ALLANEAN BUSINESSMAN, NOT A COP" in Japanese. Underneath that, written by hand in English using a pen, was the signature of the mushroom and a string of Western/Latin Indo-Arabic numbers, cearly used for identification. A plaid-colored sash was also given to him. A simple piece of reflective laminated paper, also reading "NOT A COP" in English and Japanese, were given to him.

"Please put these on. The sash goes from shoulder to hip. Yes yes, I know, it's a stereotype every foreigner makes fun of, but it's important 'cause it identifies you as not a threat. That laminated sign goes on your back. They all look to it to know not to shoot you. -and you'll need this reflective lumberjack construction vest so you don't get run over."

He looked left and right out of habit.

"This here's an illegal logging camp, Al-lay-nee-un. You know this. We all know this. We have to make sure we all know who is who. There are sentry towers at each corner of these here fences for a reason. We don't want thieves chucking our wood. Or cops. Especially cops."

The tall gates opened inwards as a buzzer was heard. An Asian human, himself wearing a plaid flannel shirt and a hard hat, held a kerosene hurricane lantern in his hand and a red flag in the other. The tortoise looked to Liang.

"It's both tradition and, in our case, a precaution. Red flags in front of vehicles dates back to cars' introduction to TurtleShroom. For us, though, that lantern keeps the MDA* wood whackers** from seein' our lahts."

The Asian man bowed to the vehicle and outstretched his right arm, with the red flag proudly above him. About-facing and slowly marching in the (old habits die hard) GEIJD/Imperial Japanese style, the car slowly creeped in and arrived at a garage. Inside the garage was a litany of repeating vans, tucks, and automobiles, as well as heavy equipment designed to pick up and move logs. On a flagpole, the flag of TurtleShroom flew... upside down.

All the tortoises climbed out of the car with Liang as the driver tortoise made the rest of the way into the garage. Across the glad were all the chicken-coop like structures. Old-fashiones streetlight-style heads that every industrial building has lit up the doorways and garage doors of each with a notably dimmed glow, as dim as firelight. The rain wasn't letting up. It was time to get inside.

{ OOC: In case you couldn't tell, most all of the non-humans and TS Whites working on the premises think this is a wildcat logging camp. }

* = The Imperial Ministry of Domestic Affairs of the Realm

** = Slang for Royal Jungle Rangers, or "Junglemen" before the Empire, the conservationist, anti-poaching, rescue, guards, department of natural resources, quota enforcers, and master guides of the Great TurtleShroomian Jungles, also known as "Jung-lers" in slang
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:19 am

In light of the fact that Allanean Arms, Allanea's largest and oldest defense contractor, has recently succeeded in the sale of DPR for the Quiver-class warship to the People's Republic of Joeya, we have decided to spend substantial elements of our profits on charity around the world. The recent crisis involving Maoist and anti-capitalist elements becoming more and more active around the world, and Her Imperial Majesty's recent message have directed our attention to the Great Bountiful Empire of Turtleshroom, which we believe is an important partner in the struggle against World Communism.

We therefore propose, should the People and Government of Turtleshroom not be opposed to this action, the construction of 10,000 housing units in the Great Bountiful Empire of Turtleshroom for the use of the poor and indigent, as well as an investment of a substantial sum of money in the distribution of better school equipment, renovation of school buildings, and other such needful investments, to benefit the nation's poor.

Finally, we would like to issue a substantial sum in research grants for a better understanding of the diets of the nation's turtles and mushrooms, so that improved nutrition recommendations be formulated and disseminated for them.

For this purpose I request the cooperation of Turtleshroom's authorities.

Anastas Sidorov,
Allanean Arms Inc. Department of Charitable Spending and Community Investment
#HyperEarthBestEarth

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:58 am

Code: Select all
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Crown has received the intent of charitable donations from an Allanean firm. The Great Bountiful Empire of TurtleShroom has decided to ACCEPT your construction of ten thousand housing units for the poor of TurtleShroom.

TurtleShroom's schoolhouses are all privately owned and operated. While we have no interest in giving toys (like newfangled "tablets") to children and pretending they are for learning, or updating any equipment, we are excited to hear your intent to assist maintenance.

Rather than renovation, the various schoolhouses, companies, and boards have eagerly expressed interest in money to maintain, repair, and clean the buildings.  Almost every schoolhouse in TurtleShroom that holds thousands of students, and every urban schoolhouse still standing outside of the centers facing the influx of millions, like Litlin and Shroomville, was built between 1900 AD and 1969 AD, in the Fascist era.

This means that the buildings themselves are the most important aspect to preserve. Since full privatization, schoolhouses have had to cut corners in maintenance. Buildings once over-maintained are now finally starting to show their age.

We have no need for modernization or equipment. What we need is mortar, plaster, wood and steel. Not to renovate or gut thebuildings, but to keep them standing as well as they did for the past century. Total privitization was a boon for education, but not for the educators.......
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:56 am

Please note that there has been no mention, in our communication, of any such 'newfangled' equipment as tablets. That said we do believe that it would be beneficial for schoolteachers to receive new blackboards, whiteboards, better chemistry laboratory equipment, new school desks, and the like. (Although perhaps some education in languages like COBOL and FORTRAN might be useful?)

As for repairs, we propose the following organization of affairs: we will issue cash grants to schools, based on their current state and needs. We'll also keep a team of architects available to respond to calls from school headmasters, in the event that they want to make some changes to their building's layout, or to receive input on their grant.

It would be ideal, in light of Turtleshroom's landbound nature, if most of the building materials are sources nationally (as shipping costs through neighboring countries are likely to be substantially high).
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Placeholder for statement

Also, anything else I should know before going in?
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 am

Delmonte wrote:Luca winked at his erstwhile colleague. "We're a pretty cosmopolitan bunch. We make our homes wherever the wind carries our seeds. This isn't the mildest climate we've settled, but it's not the harshest either. The winters on Isola Bonossa, I'm told, are incredibly fierce. And the people who inhabit the Batoryan Empire where it resides are fiercer still. Why, I've been told that when their warriors come of age, they... Well, nevermind. In all honesty..." Luca gestured around, "The warm climate will probably attract some Delmontese to retire here. Maybe not as much as the more tropical enclaves, but some will come here to be sure."

Luca's relief at Qiang's suggestion of heading indoors was palpable. A rain was bad enough, but this place's rain was a warmer rain that clung to you and he was eager to be out of it.

"Yes, we actually have a car that will take us where we need to go, if you'll follow me."

The pair made their entrance into the automobile and it began speeding off along the wet pavement laid down mere months prior. Luca tapped the plush interior of their carriage. "This was made here, you know. That is to say, in the Pan-Asiatic States. One of the uhh... the mainland ones, I think? Sourcing locally is very important to us. A damn fine car, as well, if I do say so myself. And the windows afford us an excellent view of the different offices and high rises going up around the harbor... we'll get a better look at them when we go up this hill."

Paigino Norde
Qiang was abuzz with questions. Entering a car for the first time in a while was somewhat surreal. Private transportation had been outlawed in the big cities of the Pan-Asiatic States for the most part of the 21st Century thus far, and efforts were being made to fully mechanize the countryside to do the same. Then again, it seemed to be a waste of the state's resources to have every county comply with such regulations, and Paigino Norde was now a compound for the Delmontese government. In theory, it was a free territory.

The car, a Martins '06 convertible was produced from a luxury car exporter based in Tsingtao. Scarce were such vehicles ever used in Pan-Asiatic territory.

On the way there, Qiang became inquisitive.

"So," Qiang interjected in a genuinely interested tone, "Tell me about these recent projects."

Qiang pointed out the peculiarities of the buildings and infrastructure whenever the drive allowed them to, asking as to their purpose, and listening eagerly to Luca's responses.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Paigino Norde

Luca nodded and gestured towards the harbor.

"The large building there is the Centro Del Pazienza. In Delmontese this means 'Center of Patience'. It is the Enclave's branch of the Delmontese justice system. This building is much more modern and, honestly, far less impressive than the ancient headquarters of crime and punishment in the Grand City itself. That building was built nine hundred years ago and it's called the Palace of Patience. Even the name is better. Palace of Patience. That's scary. Who was ever afraid of a center of patience? To that point, it's also where we issue licenses and identification..."

He turned to his left as the Martins dutifully climbed the wet, sloping hillside. In contradiction to the sleek, modern buildings around it, a seemingly medieval cathedral had been plopped down there in the middle of harsh jungle and molded steel.

"This... is going to be the enclave's main Church and administrative center of the Archdiocese of the Grand City of Delmonte, which claims rights to administer to the faithful in all Delmontese enclave. Much to the chagrin of the Catholic dioceses in some host nations. I don't know how exactly they manage to pull that off, but I have a suspicion they make a habit of having dirt on men in the Curia. This is new, by the way. They like to make cathedrals look old because they think it increases donations. The building next to it belongs to Banco Cristi, the financial arm of the Archdiocese. Both under almost complete atheist control, it's said. And both very profitable!"

The car chugged its way to the towards the top of the hill. "This brings us to my favorite part." Luca smiled smugly, "As soon as we, ah, get to a place where we can overlook here."

The driver pulled the car under a canvas tent where champagne chilled near cheese and fruit on a portable wooden table.

"Join me?" Luca beckoned as he got out of the relative comfort of the automobile and emerged to the relative (if mostly dry) discomfort of the canvas tent. He waved his hand in a gesture over the landscape before them. A giant, straight band of jungle had been hewed down from as far as the eye could see in one direction to a similar distance in the other. Machinery buzzed around temporary structures and paved roads in a frenzy.

"We are going back to our roots and building a canal. A big one. The entire enclave is going to be split in half with this three thousand foot wide canal and all our harbors will operate on a queuing system. I'll explain: The Delmontese enclave has gigantic containerships that go from one enclave to another. They are so large that it is not actually economical, and sometimes not possible, to send them to individual cities. So they come here where their cargo is unloaded, divided, and shipped off among smaller ships to their final destinations. What this canal will allow us to do is have divided traffic. Those larger ships will all enter in one side of the canal, unload, then move down the canal, and load new cargo, then leave the other end of the canal towards their destinations. The outer harbors on the enclave (such as the ones you saw when you arrived) will take in goods that will go on these vessels and export out goods that come off of them. Everything will leave the harbors on the outside of the south half of the island (where the entrance to the canal is) and enter the north half of the island (where the exit of the canal is). It's going to be a very sleek and efficient operation. And, frankly, the only reason it made economic sense was because of the mixture of industrialization and very competitive labor costs here. Quite a dynamic duo."
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:18 am

News | Balita | 通讯
Pan-Asiatic States
Estados Pan-Asyatiko
泛亚洲国家

ENGLISH | INGLES | 英语

Khataiy Enterprises Welcome Asian Investment
Caixin Global
September 11th, 2019

ANTAKYA, Arab State of Khataiy—"Our nations may not agree entierly, or see eye to eye all the time, but we would still like to build a strong and beneficial relationship with the Pan-Asiatic states, we also respect and admire your nation's rapidly growing influence and success. We would like to partner with your nation in the face of the various threats across the world," said Uthman al-Ghamadi, Foreign Minister of Khataiy in a communique on Wednesday.

Since the mutual raising of tariffs between Allanea and the Pan-Asiatic States on each other heated-up into a trade war last month, Antakya officials reminded Asian economic directors that the Khataiyi market was open to development regardless of political affiliation, and was too, an ally against Allanea's politicization of Asia's growing economic influence over the world.

In response to the communique and Khataiy's openness, over 78 of the Pan-Asiatic States' largest state-run firms in the retail, mining, construction, and oil extraction industries, under the direction of the Trade and Industry Commission (T&CI), have applied for operation in Khataiyi economic zones and have invested their resources into meeting the Khataiy's wide consumer base. This expansion is expected to drive profits up for the Pan-Asiatic States, and drive the price of the aforementioned commodities in Khataiy down.

State Development and Planning Commission (SDPC) Federal Commissary, Ryang Dong-Wook, commented in his press briefing that the handling of the investments were being closely coordinated among the members of the State Development Directorate (SDD) in order to maximize the benefits for both parties. Federal Commissary Ryang also mentioned that he was open to "further talks and negotiations" between the economic departments of the Arab State and the People's Federation.

The Federal Commissary has also hinted at the possibility of engaging in a joint socioeconomic summit between Khataiy and the Pan-Asiatic States sometime in the near future. Pan-Asiatic Ministry of Foreign Affairs (PAMFA) Undersecretary, Katrina Nishikino-Abramovich, further commented on this idea by saying that an official state-visit by the Pan-Asiatic States to Khataiy could also be in order soon.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:58 pm

!!!!!

The Great Bountiful Empire of TurtleShroom  accepts the proposition as presented. Godspeed.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:25 pm

Press Room, Interior Ministry Building, Antakya, Khataiy

Interior Minister Muhammad Aswari addressing the addressing recent trade news in a press conference

"We are very excited about the news from the Pan-Asiatic States to bring industry to our nation. This is the beginning of a very prosperous era between our nations. Our natural resources are perhaps the most sought after and abundant on this earth, and our market is a growing one as our nation continues on the track to economic strength. The firms being brought to the Arab State of Khataiy by the Pan-Asiatic States will bring new jobs, better economic opportunities and more outlets for our people to spend their hard earned money on entertainment, fashion and enjoy other shopping experiences.

We condemn the actions of Allanea, which acted irresponsibly by politicizing the growth of emerging powers and states in our continent, and creating economic hardships and burdens, and we assure the Pan-Asiatic States and all nations, that the Arab State of Khataiy is open for businesses and trade, and we honor our agreements and contracts, based on our values and the wisdom of our forefathers, thank you."

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:05 am

Paigino Norde
Delmonte wrote:"The large building there is the Centro Del Pazienza. In Delmontese this means 'Center of Patience'. It is the Enclave's branch of the Delmontese justice system. This building is much more modern and, honestly, far less impressive than the ancient headquarters of crime and punishment in the Grand City itself. That building was built nine hundred years ago and it's called the Palace of Patience. Even the name is better. Palace of Patience. That's scary. Who was ever afraid of a center of patience? To that point, it's also where we issue licenses and identification..."

Qiang was amazed, his initial discombobulation satisfied. The Delmontese seemed very bureaucratic and robotic people to him back at the capital, perhaps due also to the Federation's ideological disdain for mercantilism, yet such architecture spoke volumes about the refined tastes which Delmonte had for the arts.

"I've never been to the Grand City, but this looks amazing in it as it is!", Qiang exclaimed. He wondered how the Delmontese were able to put it together in just a few months' time. They must be extremely industrious, he thought.

Delmonte wrote:"This... is going to be the enclave's main Church and administrative center of the Archdiocese of the Grand City of Delmonte, which claims rights to administer to the faithful in all Delmontese enclave. Much to the chagrin of the Catholic dioceses in some host nations. I don't know how exactly they manage to pull that off, but I have a suspicion they make a habit of having dirt on men in the Curia. This is new, by the way. They like to make cathedrals look old because they think it increases donations. The building next to it belongs to Banco Cristi, the financial arm of the Archdiocese. Both under almost complete atheist control, it's said. And both very profitable!"

Qiang had seen many of the Christian places of worship in Neo-Manila and throughout the Tagalog Soviet Socialist Republic. Most had been destroyed during the Pacific Wars, but those that weren't entirely demolished still endured in their grandeur. The Delmontese churches could easily give them a run for their money.

"Interesting that you mention that. The Pan-Asiatic States holds a strict policy of secular syncretism, as I hope you're aware. Perhaps you could pass on the message to the Archdiocese that the Authority (that is to say, the Pan-Asiatic Economic Zone Authority) would be interested in permitting them to expand into the mainland. A vast majority of Asians rejected the Roman Catholic church late into the 90s during the Cultural Revolution. As a result, we have thousands of faiths across Asia: Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Daoists, Confucianists, Protestants, Born Again, Baptists, Masons—hell, even the Mormons have missions in mainland China and New Philippines. Asians'll worship just about anything, I should think.

Plus, we can sell them the land—for a fair price, of course."

Qiang chuckled, but he wasn't kidding. What he purposefully held from Luca was that Asians would worship just about anything, so long as it didn't contradict the ideological dictates of the State.

Delmonte wrote:The car chugged its way to the towards the top of the hill. "This brings us to my favorite part." Luca smiled smugly, "As soon as we, ah, get to a place where we can overlook here."

The driver pulled the car under a canvas tent where champagne chilled near cheese and fruit on a portable wooden table.

"Join me?" Luca beckoned as he got out of the relative comfort of the automobile and emerged to the relative (if mostly dry) discomfort of the canvas tent. He waved his hand in a gesture over the landscape before them. A giant, straight band of jungle had been hewed down from as far as the eye could see in one direction to a similar distance in the other. Machinery buzzed around temporary structures and paved roads in a frenzy.

The two shared the champagne. Qiang insisted to pour for his host. He listened eagerly while munching away on the cheese.

Delmonte wrote:"We are going back to our roots and building a canal. A big one. The entire enclave is going to be split in half with this three thousand foot wide canal and all our harbors will operate on a queuing system. I'll explain: The Delmontese enclave has gigantic containerships that go from one enclave to another. They are so large that it is not actually economical, and sometimes not possible, to send them to individual cities. So they come here where their cargo is unloaded, divided, and shipped off among smaller ships to their final destinations. What this canal will allow us to do is have divided traffic. Those larger ships will all enter in one side of the canal, unload, then move down the canal, and load new cargo, then leave the other end of the canal towards their destinations. The outer harbors on the enclave (such as the ones you saw when you arrived) will take in goods that will go on these vessels and export out goods that come off of them. Everything will leave the harbors on the outside of the south half of the island (where the entrance to the canal is) and enter the north half of the island (where the exit of the canal is). It's going to be a very sleek and efficient operation. And, frankly, the only reason it made economic sense was because of the mixture of industrialization and very competitive labor costs here. Quite a dynamic duo."

Qiang nodded, looking at the great earth-shattering peripheral of development across the island. The young settlement had grown to much grandeur, seemingly an off-coast portal to Delmontese society.

"To say I am impressed would be an understatement," Qiang notioned. "This all seems to be in order—we took a risk in letting you develop this much of an enclave, as it's certainly a first in Pan-Asiatic history, and the Party hardliners in Neo-Manila opposed the plan. Having said that, I'm sure it was a risk for you Delmontese to commit this much infrastructure to Asia, and I feel it's only right that we compensate your efforts. So let's talk business."

Qiang took out a list of directives from Neo-Manila out of his satchel, which he was tasked with relaying to Luca.

"First of all, any tariffs we may have had beforehand on Delmonte will be relieved of effect by Friday. We were hoping you'd do the same.

Second, I have been instructed by the Pan-Asiatic Ministry of Foreign Affairs to forward a request to begin the construction of a Pan-Asiatic consulate inside this enclave, which'll double as a quarter for the Pan-Asiatic Economic Zone Authority.

Third, the Trade and Industry Commission has been authorized by the Congress of Soviets to commit 40 million NSD to setting-up a foreign direct investment in Delmonte. You can expect thereafter a surge of Pan-Asiatic firms wanting to spread their industries to your enclaves across the world. You scratch our backs, we scratch yours. Prices go down, profits go up.

Fourth, the Ministry of Labor and Employment wants to negotiate the transference of construction work to local Asians, if you have any non-essential Delmontese employed on this enclave. We hoped to cash in on the prospect of the development, if that would be alright.

Finally, we'd like to enact an Open Borders treaty between our two countries. No VISAs for Delmontese going in and out of the Pan-Asiatic States, and vice versa."
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:09 am

The Bay of Neo-Manila
September 17th, 2019

Neo-Manila was a city that never slept, its skyscrapers lit the nighttime sky like stars in a sea of darkness. Below them, an arid heat brought by a Northern wind that caused the large steel vessels, arteries of trade for the Pan-Asiatic peoples, docked in the city's magnificent bay area, to tremble. Smoke rose from them, carried into the cityscape by a storm that blew harder and harder. Flags atop the vessel, standards of the nations of Skyhooked, Khataiy, and Samporna, fiercely resisted the wind.

A newspaper flew in the distance, propelled by the wind towards the face of one of the ship's midshipmen. Scraping it off his big, bushy beard, the Skyhookedian man read the Caixin Global's recent headline:

Asian Agricultural Exports Drop By 63.8% In Second Week of September

The Pan-Asiatic economy's blitz of the 21st Century's market was abruptly put to a halt a little less than a week ago, when Pan-Asiatic exports began to drop in states which grew increasingly more suspicious of the motives of and uncooperative with the People's Federation, such as Allanea, United Avon, and TurtleShroom II.

Yesterday, the Pan-Asiatic economy's head honchos assembled through a plenary session of the State Development Directorate (SDD). Production quotas were revised and improved, problems with production were discussed. In the retail sector, standard companies were experiencing fierce competition by various Western luxury brands: such as Forever 21 and Louis Vuitton in the fashion industry, who had slashed the prices of their commodities, stealing consumer bases within the middle powers of South America and Africa. In the manufacturing sector, an over-importation of refined metals from Crysuko's SteelTech were causing multiple disruptions in the assembly line after September storms delayed their respective deliveries.

The Asian directors fought tooth-and-nail to recover, after the State Development and Planning Commission (SDPC) threatened to sack some of the executives whose companies had not been meeting certain quotas.

But the exports were not only seeing a decline in fulfillment, but a decline in consumer base. Without a strong consumer base, the Pan-Asiatic economy was destined to fail. Even under the roof of a planned economy, over-production and under-production, the inability to match the specialized sectors of the Pan-Asiatic States with the specialized demands to which they were bequeathed to, could prove fatal to the prestige of the People's Federation. The ambitious plans of the sitting Secretary-General was a life-or-death struggle for himself. If his economic policies couldn't effect a lasting impact, the people would most certainly remove him from power. It was an all-in gamble right from the start.

Fortunately, various candidates stipulated the consumer-base demanded of the Pan-Asiatic economy.

Skyhooked, a self-proclaimed anarcho-mutualist society based on the same Marxist principles which grounded the Pan-Asiatic States was recovering from a deadly war of defense against imperialism, in which the Pan-Asiatic States had helped them repel the invading forces. In the aftermath of the war, the People's Federation vowed to help rebuild their communes. Skyhooked's strongest economic sector, the vice industry: cigarettes, drugs, and booze, were monopolies which the Pan-Asiatic States received hearty compensation through. Despite this reward, the Pan-Asiatic States' efforts was a reward for the People's Federation in it of itself. It gave access to Skyhooked's thriving consumer sector.

The Arab State of Khataiy, a nation in the Middle-East was, historically, a small player in world history. That was until only recently, when lasting peace soon engulfed their previously disunited territories. While terrorist threats still took root in rural areas, their industries were no longer at immediate danger, and a normalization of productive output was becoming a national economic trend. Their recent affirmation of their ties with the Pan-Asiatic States gave opportunity to Pan-Asiatic firms. Again, the Khataiyi people indulged themselves with goods from the Orient, curbing profit margins for the People's Federation.

The Jamahiriya of Samporna was fresh from a political revolution, and the Pan-Asiatic States had recently helped them suppress the reactionary movement which ensued their rise to power. Their leader's most popular policy? The establishment of so-called People's Malls throughout the "People's State". For that, they needed foreign direct investment. The Pan-Asiatic States emerged as the inevitable candidate for this job. Pan-Asiatic standard state-industries began to fuel the newly-founded Market Socialist state, providing raw materials and specialized machinery necessary to achieving their end in exchange for zero tariffs, relaxed taxation laws on Pan-Asiatic products, and a cut on their state-monopoly over the nation's oil.

The ports, even at night, were filled with the imports and exports of exotic goods. The sea lanes between Africa, South America, and Asia were the seeds which birthed the ensuing prosperity of the States, soaking up the wealth bleeding from Western countries which underwent a silent kind of economic death and decline. Tobacco from Skyhooked by the barrel were hauled out and into the big city, Oil from Khataiy and Skyhooked made their way up North, to various national reservation facilities. Ceramics, furniture, phones, agricultural equipment and various industrial chemicals found their way in return to the aforementioned countries.

In the air, specialists of various professions: doctors, architects, engineers, and foremen dozed off one by one, as they raced towards the various underdeveloped countries which they were tasked with leading the development of.

In the distant horizon, a yellow light began to rise, a warm sunshine which rose in the East, that, slowly yet surely, was headed towards the West.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:25 pm

Luca listened pensively as Qiang strung off directives and mentally composed his response to each one.

“To your first point, Delmonte does not have any tariffs on any nation. The enclaves in the network have a small two to three and a half percent fee that is split between the upkeep of the enclave’s facilities and the host nation. These fees tend to be much less than what other nation’s harbors administer. So that won’t be a problem.”

Luca steepled his fingers and tapped their very tips against his chin.

“To the second point, we can definitely provide space for a consulate. Just need to move some land and building materials around. As you can imagine we’ve bought up a lot of the labor and materials available on the market, which actually segues into your fourth point: Local labor. Perhaps I should have been more clear. All labor that can be done by Asians is being done by Asians, which constitutes the overwhelming majority. For instance, the canal. We are businessmen. Even in host nations where the labor rates are not lower than Delmonte’s it generally does not make economic sense to import temporary labor from Delmonte. It definitely wouldn’t make sense here. Construction labor and materials will be 95% or more local, always. There are some elements of Delmontese architecture that need to be executed by master craftsmen, but those are limited. When the dust settles, ongoing labor in enclaves is usually about a 60/40 split between local and Delmontese employees.”

The governor paused to take another swig of his champagne. It was a favorite drink of his and he never understood why it was generally reserved for celebrations. Particularly given that the champagne itself was worthy of celebration.

“To revisit the third point, regarding investment throughout the enclave network, you absolutely have that right as a host nation. The enclave network has its own FDI initiative and they’d be happy to work in tandem with your ministries. Some host nations even have programs to attract investment to their enclaves (generally the newer host nations). The issue you will run up against is that in some of the older enclaves land is at a premium. To the extent that factories are not always profitable enterprises there. Several enclaves have seen extensive subterranean development but that’s generally only economical for luxury residences or offices. Don’t ask me how real estate developers managed to market living underground as fashionable to wealthy socialites.”

“Finally, we can extend the no-VISA policy automatically extended between the host nation and its enclave to include Delmonte proper. You just have to keep in mind that your people will need VISAs to travel to other enclaves in cases where the enclave is connected to the mainland by bridge or rail. If there is a physical connection to the mainland we have a policy of deferring to the host nation’s immigration rules. That’s only four enclaves and we’ll provide you with a list.”
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:07 pm

Antakya, Khataiy

Antakya's Mayadeen Mall

With the arrival of Pan-Asiatic companies, this would mean an increase in business and spending nationwide, many new products were beaning sold and many prices have decreased because of the importation and production costs being reduced, and cheaper materials being used en-masse. At the Mayadeen Mall, Aymen Ubaid the director the Business and Commerce Committee part of the Economic Ministry and works closely with the Interior Ministry was at the mall to discuss the new business relations between Khataiy and the Pan-Asiatic states.

"This is evident, of what we can achieve when we act smart in our business transactions. Our country is becoming more and more prosperous by the day and the support we have received from the Pan-Asiatic States will only boost that fact. I spoke with President Omar Khairallah and several other ministers in the Cabinet, Revolutionary Command Council and the Shura Council and we all agree that our nation is headed in a direction for economic success. We hope that Khataiy may become the Dubai of the Mediterranean. We remind everyone our nation is open and willing to work with your nation's people and business in trade and production."

Jawad al-Hindi President and CEO of Hindi Holdings

With the new trade in place and growing ties, Jawad al-Hindi the President and CEO of Hindi Holdings Tobacco Corporation has taken an interest in the recent developments. The company has been a staple of the Khataiyi economy since the 1800s and is one of the largest companies in the country and has sold Tobacco and Tobacco products across the region as well as in parts of Europe and would now look to expand business to east Asia by selling a variety of products including, e-cigarettes, cigarettes, cigars, shisha, tobacco leaves, as well as opening tobacco farms and processing sites in the Pan-Asiatic States.

Smoking culture was big in Khataiy, with Shisha bars being as popular as bars and clubs serving alcohol in western countries, a majority of Khataiyi males smoked and a large portion of the female population did as well, President Khairallah himself is a smoker and commonly appeared smoking cigars or cigarettes during addresses and speeches.

In an interview with the Majala Network al-Hindi spoke with Majala Network's business news to comment on the Pan-Asiatic States, "I see a real opportunity with this country. They are major importers and exporters, they are an emerging state and their economy is a powerhouse. We share the Asian continent there's no reason really for us not to be partners, and I can tell that their people would be interested in enjoying the things enjoyed in many western countries, I'd absolutely love to bring Hindi tobacco to the Pan-Asiatic States, as you know our company has been fought over by the Turks and French because of our quality, if you go to Syria you can see our warehouses that existed in Aleppo and Hama, we had river boats on the Euphrates sending our tobacco to Baghdad.

This could be perhaps the largest revival of our company in decades, we would like to send representatives to the Pan-Asiatic States and work with them for sure."

United Avon
Attaché

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby United Avon » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:47 am

Avon Broadcasting Corporation

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Our first story at the top of the hour:

“Fighting continues on the island of Insulindia, where a terror group called the Red Band Army is attempting to overthrow the current government and create a communist dictatorship. The military has increased its forces on the island and implemented a counter-insurgent strategy.”

“Yesterday a combined force of soldiers from the Royal Parachute Regiment and the Highland Rifle Regiment engaged in a battle with Red Band guerillas. The battle began when the Paras were transported by helicopter to attack a Red Band training camp in the jungle. When the Paras met resistance, reinforcements from the Highlanders succeeded in turning the enemy flank and driving them away. The training camp was destroyed and valuable intelligence was gathered from documents left behind.”

A battalion of the Queen’s Own Rifle Regiment conducted a sweep operation in the shanty town known as ‘New Wuhan’ on the outskirts of Victoria Bay. The shanty town has developed a reputation as a refuge for Red Band terrorists seeking to hide among the population of Asian immigrants. During the sweep, a terrorist fired on a squad of soldiers who were attempting to enter a suspected Red Band meeting house. The gunman wounded a soldier in the arm before he was killed. Colonel Richard Bradstreet, second-in-command on Insulindia, issued a statement which listed twenty-five Red Band militants captured and four killed in the sweep. Two Avonian soldiers were wounded.”

“The High Court has issued its final ruling on a recent case regarding detained members of the Red Band Army. The case, originally filed by leftist activists, demanded that the government try captured members of the Red Band in civil courts as criminals. The High Court upheld the right of the military to try captured Red Band operatives in military tribunals and that the rules regarding treatment of prisoners of war do not apply.”
The United Kingdom of Avon
Ruled in wisdom and Grace by His Majesty, William the Third, King of Lorain and Elyria in Union, Defender of the Faith, etc.

Member of Kayfabeland

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:03 am

The Insulindia Effort
The Allaneans would soon begin handing over to their partners in Avon small, dark-green boxes, each of them small and hefty, and capable of fitting in a briefcase, or in the trunk of a car. Other such suitcases were carried about, indeed, in the trunks of Allanean staff cars, and some where even planted in the forests where rebel activity was suspected. Some of the devices hooked up to external power, and others were variants with a sizable battery – in any event, trhey had a simple purpose.

When a person made, or received, a call from their cell phone in the vicinity of such a device, the phone would take the device to be yet another cell tower. The users would experience no change in their user experience, except perhaps the quality of service they received would sometimes be slightly better than expected.

In reality, of course, the devices recorded the calls and the data transmitted.

The other trick the Allaneans had up their sleeve was even more insidious – three aircraft, with gossamer wings like those on dragonflies, patrolled the skies, barely visible from the ground. Those were solar-powered drones, circling at 20 kilometers from sea level. During daylight, the sunlight charged their batteries so that they kept up their patrol at night. Two were equipped with cameras and infrared, the third – a slightly larger device – was carrying also a radar. The first two watched the land, the third the sea and shore.

Training the Militia

As to liberty, the heroes who signed the great document pledged themselves to buy liberty with their lives. Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost. ~ Robert Heinlein

"Excuse me, sir… Sergeant?" – one of the villagers asked. "I don't understand. Why have you gathered us here?"

They were perhaps a hundred men, the youngest perhaps sixteen, the oldest looking as if he was in his sixties. The Operative surveyed these men. They were nothing like professional soldiers of any kind, certainly nothing like the Operatives and paratroopers Sergeant Ngo was used to training with – but training such people was exactly the Sergeant's job.

"Excuse me, I don't understand?" – Ngo replied. He understood perfectly. "You've seen the flyer, yes? Militia training."

"No no, I understand," – said the villager – "But why do we need to be trained with rifles? We are not soldiers. Isn't the Army supposed to protect us?"

For a moment, Ngo looked the man in the eye. "How?"

"What?"

"I asked, how? His Majesty's Army is made out of some of the finest soldiers I've met," – Ngo elaborated. "But they cannot be everywhere at the same time, now can they? If a burglar is already in your home with a crowbar, what good will it do you that your village has a police department?"

"They will catch the burglar."

"After he sinks the crowbar in your skull, or steals your life savings. If you are lucky, they will be caught before they spend the money on drugs… now imagine if there were half a dozen such fine examples of mankind, and imagine they had Kalashnikov rifles, and imagine they were in this village right now."

"Would we not just die then?" – an older man asked.

"If I went and tried to kill a man, and he did not fight back, he would surely die." – replied Ngo – "If we fought with the same man, then perhaps he would live. Now," – he paused - "I am an Operative. I am one of the finest warriors Allanea has at her disposal. We train for years and years. Each of us knows martial arts, marksmanship, and can use a bunch of heavy weapons. And yet it is the most intrinsic part of our training to learn that even the worst soldiers can kill us if we are not careful. This is why the finest skill of a commando or a terrorist is to not fight, but to kill – to sneak closely to the enemy, and then to land your blow first.",

Ngo surveyed his crowd. "What the terrorist wants is to invade a village without a fight, to kill and maim and burn as much as he can swiftly, and withdraw into the jungle without casualty. Therefore, if you want to make the terrorist fail, you must ensure that he is noticed before he arrives in the village, that instead of a massacre there is a gunfight, and when the criminals flee into the darkness which begat them, they are carrying their dead comrades on their shoulders. Moreover, when the Army arrives, you must work to help each other."

"How can we help the Army?" – someone asked. "Cho is right, we're not soldiers."

"But you do know this place better than anyone. You live here. Who are you?"

"My name is Fong Tooj Kue, I'm the deputy headmaster at the primary school."

"Good." – the Allanean said. "Do you have a floor plan of the school?"

"Not on me but…"

"Good. If there's a disaster, it'll be on you and the people who work at the school to defend it. If the Army arrives to help, you should have a folder with the floor plans to give them and say: the terrorists are hiding in this and this room, this is and this is how to access it. You should plan safey plans for the students in the events of an attack and drill in them, like you would drill for a fire or an earthquake. Hire a security guard for the entrance, and have some of the staff have pistols and train with them."

"This sounds paranoid."

"In a country with an active terror movement? It is only sensible."

He went on and on, explaining to the members of the village council how to use their authority to prepare for the worst, to the village's hunters and fishermen how to use their skills to patrol around it, to the regular villagers, how a few hours' training with a rifle would make them a menace to the terrorists.

Everywhere that the Allaneans went, the scene would be repeated. Rifle fire would soon echo through the jungle – not of combat, yet, but of training. Where feasible, the Allaneans would explain to the village heads how to make adjustments to make their village more defensible – cut down trees to push the forest a few dozen yards back, plant simple traps where the terrorists might approach, or build simple fighting positions and guard towers. None of this would turn the villages into fortresses quite yet – but affairs were clearly on the move.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:14 am

Pan-Asiatic Ministry of Foreign Affairs (PAMFA)
Pan-Asiatic States / Estados Pan-Asyatiko / 泛亚洲国家

Press Release | Pahayag | 新闻稿

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - October 6th, 2019

ENGLISH | INGLES | 英语

RE: Imposing Economic Sanctions On the Tosdodan Kingdom of South Reinkalistan

Addressed to, Their Excellencies, Delegates of the International Socialist Congress, Socialist Union of Nations Economic Bloc, and the Srivijayan Consortium

The PEOPLE'S FEDERATION OF PAN-ASIATIC STATES, acting under the moderation of its ruling Secretary-General, Guanyu "Abra" Abramovich Jr., assembled the Executive Council this morning, 10:23 A.M, October 6th, in the Common Year 2019, at the capital of the Federation, Neo-Manila. The congregation has reached an official consensus concerning economic sanctions on the reactionary dictatorship of the Tosdodan Kingdom of South Reinkalistan, a regime that blatantly violates the fundamental patrimonic principles which the international organizations aforementioned, the International Socialist Congress, Socialist Union of Nations Economic Bloc, and the Srivijayan Consortium, have pledged to stand for.

The Executive Council reiterates its stance on the conduct of its foreign policy against absolutist states such as South Reinkalistan, that is, to rebuke any shred of legitimacy held by the empowered indigenous aristocracy. Since the dissolution of the People's Republic of South Reinkalistan in 2001, and the unlawful ascension of the House of Tunchix to political power, tensions between the Pan-Asiatic States government and the government of South Reinkalistan have never been colder.

Besides the blatant demagogy of the South Reinkalistani regime in its conduction of governance, the Executive Council also notes the persecution of various hapless underclassmen and minorities that have taken-place since the staged coup-d'etat of the monarchist entities in 2001. The current regime banks on the idea that the surplus of democratic freedoms and popularization of worker organization in the 21st Century means that the only way their elites could perpetually thrive is through the inclusion of the lower-class into political parties while preventing elections from serving as media for political reform that could otherwise hurt the interests of the wealthy.

Owing to its historical development, Communism in South Reinkalistan has actively been considered taboo by its rulers. While we have consolidated the socialist society in the Pan-Asiatic States, many nations still suffer under the despots of old. The workers of South Reinkalistan have no voice, no means to organize, and any attempts to institute socialism will be crushed savagely by the withstanding imperialist regime. We cannot wait for the gears of the international revolution to turn for the South Reinkalistani people. With our Socialist-Orientalist revolution we have proven that we could crush the capitalist oppressors here, and the Communists of the Tosdodan Kingdom will crush the oppressors in their home country, South Reinkalistan as well.

As we have stated multiple times in the past, the Orientalist regime of the Pan-Asiatic States has almost always condemned the brutish use of political suppression to enforce the imperial police state of the Tosdodan Kingdom. Despite sanctions and multiple warnings from the World Assembly, their own people, and from the People's Federation, the demagogues of South Reinkalistan refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of the New Democracy and 21st Century political structure.

For more than a decade, the Pan-Asiatic States has employed sanctions as a policy tool in response to activities of the South Reinkalistani government and South Reinkalistani individuals. As South Reinkalistan’s political and economic crisis under the leadership of Sarkos IV Tunchix has deepened, Secretary-General Guanyu Abramovich has gradually and significantly expanded sanctions. Currently, the Ministry of Finance has sanctions on 129 South Reinkalistani or South Reinkalistani-connected individuals and the Pan-Asiatic Ministry of Foreign Affairs has revoked the travel visas of hundreds of such persons. The Secretary-General also has imposed sanctions on South Reinkalistan’s state oil company, government, central bank, gold industry, and other entities, and it is increasingly turning to secondary sanctions.

The Executive Council is committed to the sovereignty, independence, national unity, and political integrity of South Reinkalistan. The Executive Council reaffirmed its unwavering support for the rightful and legitimate aspirations of the Reinkalistani people for a peaceful, democratic, pluralistic, and inclusive society, free of any sectarianism or discrimination on any grounds, and committed to stand by them until their aspirations are fulfilled.

The treatise of the Executive Council, which shall be duly promulgated to the respective governments of the world, makes known the position and directives of the Pan-Asiatic States at the moment, which are in essence, the following:

1. ) The Pan-Asiatic States calls-on the member-states of the International Socialist Congress, Socialist Union of Nations Economic Bloc, and the Srivijayan Consortium to effect their own sanctions on the Tosdodan Kingdom of South Reinkalistan, in the hopes that, by dislodging dictatorship from the artery of revolution, the people may emerge to flow freely through and in it.
  2. ) The Pan-Asiatic States reaffirms that by cutting off revenue derived from the export of oil and other goods, by freezing the assets of those involved in or supporting the repression of the South Reinkalistani people, and by exercising vigilance to prevent the transfer of weapons and related goods to the South Reinkalistani regime and those groups seeking to undermine the goals of the legitimate opposition, it aims to shorten the South Reinkalistani people’s suffering.
  3. ) The Pan-Asiatic States reiterates the urgency for companies in all countries to cease providing surveillance technology that could be used by the Sarkos IV Tunchix regime to restrict the free flow of information and communications within South Reinkalistan and abroad, illegitimately disrupt communications, or monitor or track individuals in South Reinkalistan. The Pan-Asiatic States is also committed to refrain from the printing or provision of currency for the South Reinkalistani government and called on all members of the international community to also cease providing this kind of economic support to the Sarkos IV Tunchix regime.

Guanyu "Abra" Abramovich y Florante Jr.
Secretary-General of the Pan-Asiatic States
Chairman of the Asian Communist Party
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:09 pm

From: Grand Ambassador Peter Nizhinsky, Speaker-to-Slavers
To: Public Release
Subj: The South Reinkalistan Matter

The current matter in South Reinkalistan has put the Free Kingdom of Allanea in a difficult situation. We do not view in a good light the Tostodan Kingdom's governing practices, nor its frankly outdated methods of response to disruptions of the public order. Observation shows that the Tostodan Kingdom continues to cling to methods of governance that belong somewhere in the 19th century, and is continuously digging in deeper in terms of avoiding stabilizing actions that would make it possible to prevent a positive feedback loop of state collapse. Our experts' predictions on the Kingdom's future are, frankly speaking, grim.

That said, we are unable to endorse the measures promulgated by the Pan-Asian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, this on grounds of both ethics and practicality. From an ethical standpoint, we do not believe that the Asian Communist Party and the state it runs have any moral legitimacy to be condemning anyone whatsoever, given their continuous advocacy of class warfare, their continuous attempts to export revolution, and their operating a vastly more oppressive, totalitarian, racist state than any thing that the Tostodan Kingdom could possibly aspire to.

We remind the world that the Asian Communist Party is explicitly a race-based, pan-Asianist authoritarian movement, which believes that it is entitled to a leadership position among all peoples of "Asian ethnicity". What it intends to do with this leadership position is also well-known – within the Pan-Asiatic States themselves, we have observed strict censorship of all media with an attempt to simultaneously enforce 1950-style Communist rhetoric and 1650-s style sexual traditionalism, combined with eugenicist measures that would make Gunnar Myrdal wet himself in terror (or possibly excitement, I don't pretend to be a mindreader). Compared to this extremely low baseline, the Tostodan Kingdom is actually a towering bastion of individual liberty.

Beyond this fact, we do not believe that the sanctions proposed by Comrade Secretary-General Guanyu "Abra" Abramovich y Florante Jr. will actually work. As is well-known, the Free Kingdom of Allanea chiefly maintains prohibitions on trade with slaver states and other similar entities. These are not intended to alter their behavior, but are intended to prevent people within the Free Kingdom from aiding the slaver or profiting from slave labor – both of these are activities that are obviously illegal. (Moreover, death to the slaver.)

History shows us that broad-based sanctions such as the ones proposed by the Comrade Secretary-General have the unfortunate effect of harming innocent residents of the countries targeted, often harming the poorest ones first. This would have been acceptable if these sanctions had any kind of effect in terms of actually adjusting public policy, which unfortunately they rarely do, and in fact they often reinforce both the target government's commitment to unjust policy and support for the target government from the public. Neither of these, we imagine, are things that the Pan-Asiatic States want to encourage.

As such, we propose the following.

To the Tostodan Kingdom and its monarch, His Majesty Sarkos Tunchix IV:

We cannot hide that we view some of your policies as backwards and even inhumane. However, because we understand that you don't want the rioters to actually win, we are willing to offer several rounds of professional consultations to your government and law enforcement. On one hand, we will propose a series of economic reforms to hopefully improve economic growth and take some of the edge off the public unrest. On the other hand, we will propose superior police training and equipment to allow law enforcement to disrupt rioter activities in ways that are both humane and highly effective, which will minimize casualties on both sides and improve your international standing.

To the People of the Tostodan Kingdom:

We understand that most of you are in no way involved in the recent unfortunate events. The Free Kingdom of Allanea offers up to 50,000 refugee visas for ethnic Asian citizens of the Tostodan Kingdom, allowing you not to wait for an improvement in the conditions there. Moreover, we remind citizens of the Tostodan Kingdom that, in the event that they're negatively affected by the financial sanctions imposed by the Pan-Asiatic States, they can avoid many of the issues by either turning to the use of anonymous cryptocurrency platforms, or turning to the banking systems of the Free Kingdom of Allanea or the Kingdom of Snogohsia (the later being a monarchist microstate with near-completely anonymous banking).

To the government of the Pan-Asiatic States:

You will note here that we are proposing a set of measures that will benefit both the Tostodan people and ourselves. We challenge you to be as kind and charitable as the capitalist Allaneans. Show the world that your version of socialism is humane and kind. Open your own borders to refugees from the Tostodan Kingdom. Match us visa for visa and refugee for refugee.

Or perhaps it might be true that you don't want the problems to be solved, and want the violence to simmer until the Tostodan Kingdom collapses in an orgy of revolutionary violence?

Yours,
Peter Nizhinsky
Last edited by Allanea on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:39 pm

Office of the Secretary-General
Pan-Asiatic States / Estados Pan-Asyatiko / 泛亚洲国家

Press Release | Pahayag | 新闻稿

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - October 8th, 2019

ENGLISH | INGLES | 英语

RE: Stratagem On the Conduction of the People's Revolution and the Right to Self Determination

Response to a Public Release by the Foreign Ministry of the Free Kingdom of Allanea, Dated October 7th in the Common Era 2019
Addressed to, His Excellency, Grand Ambassador Peter Nizhinsky, the Free Kingdom of Allanea, and the Allanean Public

In the interests of exercising my duly-promulgated constitutional responsibilities as the Secretary-General of the People's Federation of Pan-Asiatic States, a descendant of the Pan-Asianist revolution, a loyal son of the Pan-Asiatic masses, and a father of the modern Pan-Asiatic nation, I feel that it is in order to remind the Grand Ambassador, the "Free" Kingdom, and the brazen capitalists of Allanea, of World Assembly Resolution #2, Section I, Article I, a supreme clause which both our nations have claimed moral subservience to: "Every WA Member State has the right to independence and hence to exercise freely, without dictation by any other NationState, all its legal powers, including the choice of its own form of government."

You abhor us for our continuous advocacy of class warfare, and our continuous attempts to export revolution. Yet which of our actions are more in violation of the aforementioned clause? To stand for the insurrection of a nation's indigenous people against their very own clearly oppressive neoliberal and dated system of governance, to speak for the voiceless? Or to perpetuate the global, unconsented tyranny of private property on the international proletariat?

Whereas we believe the power of the people should dictate the dialectical course of history, you delude yourself by claiming "freedom" to be in subservience to the aristocrats. Truly, can we say that a domain dominated by a King and his gang of landlords is one that is "free"? The answer, one which we beget of many capitalist organizations of power across the world, of the imperial powers which continue to frustrate the advance of the working-class through the private transmutation of the sweat of the laborer's own brow, is a divisive yes: a mantra which the Allanean worker repeats to himself over and over again for the benefit of his overlord. Thus it is to no surprise as well that the leaders of such a masochistic nation would rather see the perpetuation of a conservative dictatorship than work in coordination with a People's Democracy. For you and your folk, it is indeed a very real and existential threat.

In the Pan-Asiatic States, association with an ethnicity is condemned and very much obsolete. In place of the old colonial derogatory roles imposed upon us during the Great Century of Humiliation, workers of the world have truly united by the ideals of the East. Racism was developed during the era of colonization as a means to prioritize the means of production into the hands of the nimble few, most especially during times of scarcity created by the capitalist system in the first place. Such a paradigm no longer has a place in an era of Pan-Asiatic prosperity, a truly global and productive political force. The perpetuity of our war against race identification is the ethos behind the Igarashi Euegenics System, an experimental model which I believe will outlive my generation, serving the people for eras yet to come.

We, the People of the Pan-Asiatic States, under the consolidating banner of our Oriental Standard, have endured through a long history of sacrifice, for the sake of our great revolutionary ideals. In our democratization of the workplace through the Basic and Popular Economic Assemblies, in our organization of the bourgeoisie republics of Asia into a united front against global imperialism, we have laid the foundations for a truly free society.

But, our dialectical approach is not one which we demand all nations of the world to conform to. We firmly believe in the self-determination of the internationalist revolution, and call-upon the proletariat, wherever they may be, in Allanea, in South Reinkalistan, in the Pan-Asiatic States, across each and every ethnic and geopolitical boundary devised by the exploiter-world to stand up for themselves.

The Pan-Asiatic States cannot dictate the shape of the revolution. The revolutionaries of the oppressed nations themselves must be motivated by the abuse of their country, and adapt to the climate of their system's abuses. We echo our reminder to all such heroes of the people - when your day of conflict arises, merely ask, and we shall arm your cause without hesitation, nor expectation of reciprocation.

Guanyu "Abra" Abramovich y Florante Jr.
Secretary-General of the Pan-Asiatic States
Chairman of the Asian Communist Party
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents