NATION

PASSWORD

Trump to ban flavored e juices.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should flavored e juices be banned?

Yes, for teh children!
9%
Yes, and we shouldn't just stop there! Ban vapes, e-cigs, and tobacco! Prohibition for all!
31%
Undecided.
11%
No, this is just more government regulation into Americans personal lives.
50%

Total votes : 217

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Nope. Tobacco smoke promotes health and vitality.

It provides the lungs with a hard, tar-like protective coating to ensure that bacteria and viruses cannot enter.

Or oxygen.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:01 am

Gormwood wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:It provides the lungs with a hard, tar-like protective coating to ensure that bacteria and viruses cannot enter.

Or oxygen.

Everything has side effects.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:06 am

Diopolis wrote:
Novus America wrote:
This is sarcasm, right? :eyebrow:

Nope. Tobacco smoke promotes health and vitality.

Okay, now this is definitely sarcasm.
Lung cancer is not generally good for your health and vitality.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

Gormwood wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:It provides the lungs with a hard, tar-like protective coating to ensure that bacteria and viruses cannot enter.

Or oxygen.

But it also increases the amount of lung tissue...
of course this is lethal cancer tissue...
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

Gormwood wrote:Or oxygen.

Everything has side effects.

"Side Effects Include: Death"
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

Novus America wrote:

Tobacco doesn’t cause cancer. The lung cancer rate didn’t decline when the smoking rate went down.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:10 am

Diopolis wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Tobacco doesn’t cause cancer. The lung cancer rate didn’t decline when the smoking rate went down.

Are you for real? It is not the only cause of cancer, but it is one of the biggest causes.
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/cau ... sk/tobacco
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:26 am

Page wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Hopefully they're a lot more strict about keeping Vitamin E acetone out of the liquids there.

Isn't it funny how Trump didn't even mention the vitamin e acetone that contaminated the black market THC cartridges that made people sick?

It's almost as if the flavor ban has nothing to do with public safety. It's almost as if they want people smoking cigarettes again.

I can't see any other reason why they would do this. Kids smoked cigs before vapes were a thing so clearly the flavor isn't what attracts them as much as the effects and the need to look cool. Ban vapes with flavors and kids will just smoke cigarettes and drink beer.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:40 am

It provides the lungs with a hard, tar-like protective coating to ensure that bacteria and viruses cannot enter.

It also desensitizes your taste buds so that you can eat your friend or family's terrible food and not taste a thing!
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:41 am

Novus America wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Tobacco doesn’t cause cancer. The lung cancer rate didn’t decline when the smoking rate went down.

Are you for real? It is not the only cause of cancer, but it is one of the biggest causes.

Dio has to be shit posting.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:42 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Novus America wrote:

You can never tell with him.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:54 am

Cekoviu wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Dio has to be shit posting.

You can never tell with him.

We live in a society where windmill noises cause cancer but cigarettes don't
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Novus America wrote:

Or smoking something besides tobacco. *nods*
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:

Or smoking something besides tobacco. *nods*

Turkey, perchance.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:00 pm

Rainbowsix wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
That is one of the most idiotic things I ever heard. I didn't say they actively hate us, I said they don't care. Indifference is not the same as hate.

And yes I am mad. I have a right to put in my body whatever I want, and you have a right along with the government to stay out my business. You don't wanna vape? dont. But don't start telling other grown people what they can and can't do with their bodies. Oh, one more thing. How exactly do you expect this ban to work when our war on drugs which lasted for decades couldn't stop crack, meth, heroin and coke from flooding our streets? You think it's gonna be easier to stop vapes when they can't even stop fentanyl? Give me a break

because people that take drugs are idiots... but the reason why people vape its suppose to be an alternative to smoking not a better option.. in fact its just as bad... but people dont wanna look at the facts because who cares anymore... i think thats how the people i know from the left got to be a thing but this isnt a political thing... stop blaming trump for your childishness and move on...

Things are getting a bit heated, so let's just be mindful not to let things escalate further.
Last edited by Jakker on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Jakker wrote:
Rainbowsix wrote:because people that take drugs are idiots... but the reason why people vape its suppose to be an alternative to smoking not a better option.. in fact its just as bad... but people dont wanna look at the facts because who cares anymore... i think thats how the people i know from the left got to be a thing but this isnt a political thing... stop blaming trump for your childishness and move on...

Things are getting a bit heated, so let's just be mindful not to let things escalate further.

You thoroughly read the thread

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:22 pm

I personally use menthol cartridges and never got into the flavored stuff, I just never saw the appeal; even as is, the harshness of a vape is nothing like smoking a cigarette for the first time inhaling smoke. This ban will be about as effective as keeping kids from getting alcohol, drugs or cigarettes; I remember the first thing I did when I turned 21 was start buying for my friends in college who were underage. Before that, I had a coworker who hooked us up, and so on going back through the years since there were first age restrictions on purchase.

Making a flavored e-juice isn't exactly rocket science and the ingredients are so common that it will be no problem for people to make their own and sell or distribute it. If anything, the better approach would have been regulating these products to ensure they are free from contaminants and to expand the availability of nicotine-free flavored vape cartridges.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Vetalia wrote:I personally use menthol cartridges and never got into the flavored stuff, I just never saw the appeal; even as is, the harshness of a vape is nothing like smoking a cigarette for the first time inhaling smoke. This ban will be about as effective as keeping kids from getting alcohol, drugs or cigarettes; I remember the first thing I did when I turned 21 was start buying for my friends in college who were underage. Before that, I had a coworker who hooked us up, and so on going back through the years since there were first age restrictions on purchase.

Making a flavored e-juice isn't exactly rocket science and the ingredients are so common that it will be no problem for people to make their own and sell or distribute it. If anything, the better approach would have been regulating these products to ensure they are free from contaminants and to expand the availability of nicotine-free flavored vape cartridges.

What does this ban cover? Isn't menthol included?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Vetalia wrote:I personally use menthol cartridges and never got into the flavored stuff, I just never saw the appeal; even as is, the harshness of a vape is nothing like smoking a cigarette for the first time inhaling smoke. This ban will be about as effective as keeping kids from getting alcohol, drugs or cigarettes; I remember the first thing I did when I turned 21 was start buying for my friends in college who were underage. Before that, I had a coworker who hooked us up, and so on going back through the years since there were first age restrictions on purchase.

Bro they better not ban flavored hookahs too. That's my shit and every one in my neighborhood is crazy for that. We're gonna be pissed as hell if they do

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:34 pm

I doubt it, that would be very problematic from a legal and regulatory perspective given that menthol cigarettes were similarly exempted from the ban on flavored cigarettes several years ago.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:54 pm

Novus America wrote:

Nope. Tobacco does not cause cancer, although some of the preservatives and so on in cigarettes might.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Diopolis wrote:

Nope. Tobacco does not cause cancer, although some of the preservatives and so on in cigarettes might.

People who use smokeless tobacco (snuff or chewing tobacco) have increased risks of cancers of the mouth, esophagus, and pancreas.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Bloodshade
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bloodshade » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Diopolis wrote:Nope. Tobacco does not cause cancer, although some of the preservatives and so on in cigarettes might.

Wait, are you talking about smokeless tobacco?

Yes, consuming products such as Snus is relatively better than smoking cigarettes. However, being better than smoking cigarettes does not make it safe to consume. Smokeless tobacco still increase the risk of cancers, especially oral and pancreatic cancer.
Last edited by Bloodshade on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An interstellar civilization that survived the self-induced destruction of its now long-gone homeworld and is trying to live the good life, all the while avoiding getting its ass kicked around.
Bloodshade Broadcasting Company| Actually re-writing my lore, I should't be on the forums but I am | Updated my video game screenshots, features Planet Zoo and Warhammer 2 | I need sleep but sleep doesn't need me | Edelgard is the cutest warmonger |

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Bloodshade wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Nope. Tobacco does not cause cancer, although some of the preservatives and so on in cigarettes might.

Wait, are you talking about smokeless tobacco?

Yes, consuming products such as Snus is relatively better than smoking cigarettes. However, being better than smoking cigarettes does not make it safe to consume. Smokeless tobacco still increase the risk of cancers, especially oral and pancreatic cancer.

We all gotta understand that at day's end, smoking anything isn't all that good for your lungs.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Diopolis wrote:

Aight, dio isn't saying cigs don't cause cancer. He's saying tobacco doesn't which is debatable but more open to interpretation

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General