NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Galaxy-Star Wars
Civilian

Founded: Apr 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galaxy-Star Wars » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:31 am

Free market seems to be the best way to live in your nation's world, I would hate to live in the other two.

During the last days of the Galactic Civil War, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker began rebuilding the Jedi Order under his own vision. Unlike the old Jedi Order, the new Jedi Order was much more relaxed, major differences included allowing Jedi to enter relationships and become married, Grand Master Luke was the first Jedi of the order to do so when he married Mara Jade. Jedi are also allowed to carry around blasters, a Jedi with a blaster is one of the deadliest shots you can come across as they can use the force to guide their shots towards the enemy. Finally, a Jedi is allowed to choose his own wardrobe, which means they don't have to wear the traditional tan robes that many Jedi in the past have worn, in this case, some Jedi can blend into society as if they were a regular civilian, it works very well if they are on a mission where secrecy is key.
"Do or do not, there is no try."-Master Yoda

We are the New Galactic Republic. After the death of Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader, the New Republic was formed to unite the galaxy under democratic rule and to also establish freedom and peace, the protectors of the New Republic are the Jedi Order, they are lead by Grand Master Luke Skywalker, the most powerful force user in the galaxy. It should be known that we aren't based on the new Star Wars trilogy, we follow the Expanded Universe lore.

We don't use NS-stats, it would be unusual considering the franchise we are based on.

The Stellar Concordat
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Stellar Concordat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:25 am

Well, considering the person responsible... That makes sense, but would such a dramatic change really be so liable, to happen so fast? Certainly it would lead to far larger issues, either in the short or long term. But advancement in that category is definitely needed.

The largest sport within the Stellar Concordat is 'Fighter Racing'. Using old space-frames, these races are some of the most fierce competitions inside the Stellar Concordat, comparable to the largest sports of our current world.

These races are organized into teams of 4, each of which represents a city. City teams compete in planetary leagues, move onto system leagues, than sector leagues, cluster leagues, and then the Galatic Leagues.

To make the Galatic Leagues is considered a massive honor, as the winning teams are all given the honorary title of 'Ace'.

Tracks also vary massively from planet to planet- The most famous track, however, is the Capital Ring. Dancing through the orbit of Concordat Prime, this track is used year after year for the conclusion of the Galactic Leagues. Fighting is fierce in these competitions, due to only 12 teams making it to the final race. There is a competition set every year, and most cities maintain as many as 10 teams because of this, with unofficial city leagues some of the most competitive in the Concordat.

Each team is composed of three pilots, and one mechanic. Each pilot must complete five laps of a track, in there own fighter. Weapons are strictly banned from these contests, so it is simply a test of extreme piloting skill. Many of these pilots join into the military after 15 years of racing.

One of the only limits on fighters is that they must not be from the later half of the 7th Era- 1300 7E onward, when standard combat speed for fighters became 49.8% the speed of light.

The most famous team of pilots is the team representing New Rhodes, 'Rhodian Thunder'. These three pilots, under the racing names Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp, are all famous for breaking nearly every record on every track. Shaving off as much as 2.4 seconds in many cases, with the most extreme incident seeing Starscream shaving 18.3 seconds off the Capital Ring. His record of 15.32.03 still stands today. His teams record, of 57.35.53 is a record unbroken to this day aswell, despite the fact these three saw the height of their racing careers in the 14th Era. The team retired in 2338 14E, after a successful racing career of 38 years. They won the most Honorary Titles in the history of the Stellar Concordat, 36 each, and their fighters are displayed on New Rhodes.

However, this sport claims quite a few lives. For example, the Hyperion Sector Wreck, in 1003 15E, claimed the lives of 34 pilots, and over 758 others, after a fighters reactor blew up during the in-atmosphere portion of the track, due to coolant issues.
Last edited by The Stellar Concordat on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Capital News Bulletin : Estimated 175,000 killed in terrorist attack in Hyperion Sector. |  Riots dispersed in Rhodes Sector, Hyperion Sector, Allaza Sector, Verona Sector. Estimate 54,000 killed

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:51 am

That sounds extremely foolish and dangerous, not to mention boring, really. How am I suppose to watch a sport where ships can go like 47% the speed of light? You’d have to watch it for the same reason I feel a majority of people watch NASCAR, for the crashes.

Although HNS Snark doesn’t require food as she stains herself on the radiation her reactors produce, she can eat. Her favorite food is whale, and she has been known to break formation in order to chase them. she’s good girl though
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)
Working on ONI-2* 3D Model!! | Factbooks on hold for research | God I Love Nukes | Nuclear Howitzers vs soft scifi
The Indomitable Human Spirit Will Prevail All Misery, Suffering Is But The Path To Growth
most glorious puppet of UIJ
i am almost certainly drunk/high on NS, forgive me (or not idc) if its' obvious
i am not liberal but I am liberal in my use of nuclear ordnance and that is my politics
th-thanks mods!!!! *gives Plutonium & U-234* oopise hehe *violent nuclear death*

Holdac
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holdac » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 am

wait that ship is alive?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holdac has a government-run black market

The Stellar Concordat
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Stellar Concordat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:53 am

'One of the only limits on fighters is that they must not be from the later half of the 7th Era- 1300 7E onward, when standard combat speed for fighters became 49.8% the speed of light'

That's literally one of the restrictions- Fighters must not be that fast. The 'racing fighters' are closer to the speeds of what we would think as a space-plane, but,

/skip

Capital News Bulletin : Estimated 175,000 killed in terrorist attack in Hyperion Sector. |  Riots dispersed in Rhodes Sector, Hyperion Sector, Allaza Sector, Verona Sector. Estimate 54,000 killed

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:59 am

Holdac wrote:wait that ship is alive?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes
The Stellar Concordat wrote:'One of the only limits on fighters is that they must not be from the later half of the 7th Era- 1300 7E onward, when standard combat speed for fighters became 49.8% the speed of light'

That's literally one of the restrictions- Fighters must not be that fast. The 'racing fighters' are closer to the speeds of what we would think as a space-plane, but,

/skip

You didn’t really make that distinction, so I read it as “as long as they don’t go that fast”.
/skip
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)
Working on ONI-2* 3D Model!! | Factbooks on hold for research | God I Love Nukes | Nuclear Howitzers vs soft scifi
The Indomitable Human Spirit Will Prevail All Misery, Suffering Is But The Path To Growth
i am not liberal but I am liberal in my use of nuclear ordnance and that is my politics
th-thanks mods!!!! *gives Plutonium & U-234* oopise hehe *violent nuclear death*

Kathay
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathay » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:32 pm

I smell 'espionage' in that. Most government wouldn't go that low unless they're running a massive sting operation, which is extremely clever but extremely risky and massively prone to corruption. The only governments I know of that have a government-run black market is North Korea, but all the operations are a top secret there.

Kathay is a Nordic country, measuring at a size of 24,474,000 km2, and crosses six different time zones. Excluding the Hawaiian islands (whom is a protectorate), Kathay is the largest country on Earth, with Russia and China trailing not far behind. The country has an approximate population of 51,000,000 people. Divided into 30 different provinces, the country's overall population density is low to moderate, with its urban centers largely spread out and void of modern skyscrapers (akin to European cities). Surprisingly, Kathay is a monoethnic country, meaning it's majority population is 98% Kathian, with the remaining 2% minority being a mix of non-Kathians (whether it be human or ergopedian alike).

Despite its gargantuan size, however, Kathay does not live up to the same social and economic expectations as of everyone else. Kathay has unofficially remained an agrarian society, producing enough food to feed a population 9.4 times Kathay's own size, although most of that surplus food is exported (which is one of Kathay's top ten products). As a country solely inhabited by the Ergopedians, the industrial revolution in Kathay has not achieved the same level as its human counterparts, still remaining a slow and tedious process. While Kathay already the natural resources to comfortably start and fuel the industrial revolution, the idea of using fossil fuels never caught on in the same manner as what happened with humans. Since Ergopedians have used oil and other carbon-based materials for producing synthetics and cosmetics before the idea of it being fuel was ever mentioned, Kathay has been going down the road of using renewable energies.

Specifically, electricity is generated in Kathay via wind, hydroelectric, geothermal, and solar (a technology that wouldn't come around until the 20th century for both humans and ergopedians). But concurrently, ergopedians had pursued the prospects of nuclear power as early as the 1800s; however, nuclear technology is classified information in Kathay, and it has remained that way for a very long time. Nuclear weapons had been mentioned among ergopedian scientist and physicists, but the idea was never pursued due to the Kathian military's lack of interest, and more importantly, low funding. Nevertheless, nuclear power has allowed the Kathay to put itself on par with the rest of the other countries, becoming the only country where almost half of all its electricity is generated from nuclear energy, and the fewest industrialized countries with little to no carbon footprint; however, this still doesn't help accelerate Kathay's industrialization, which eventually concluded by 2002 - that is a century behind schedule.
Last edited by Kathay on Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:43 pm

North German Realm wrote:The Flag of Imperial Japan is nowhere as offensive as the Nazi flag, but whatever.

As of 2019, three major economic ideologies dominate the world. The first is the Welfare State which nearly dominates Continental Europe. There are different versions of it, spanning from the Scandinavian model ("The Nordic Model") -which takes nearly half of your taxes, but in exchange you will literally never have to worry about anything in your life- to the more "sane" welfare models in North Germany, France, Austria, and -to a lesser degree- Yugoslavia. The latter is the free market model -very very low taxes, economic regulations, and emphasis on free trade with little tariffs- which was originally used by Britain up to the 60s, and is now used by most countries that at some point formed the British Empire. The third is, of course, state controlled economy which is the go-to model in any of the (many) countries that do not follow either the Free Market model or the Welfare State.

Wave a Nazi flag, nobody would bat an eye. Wave an imperial flag, and you might get arrested. /Skip
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aikoland » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Kathay wrote:

I smell 'espionage' in that. Most government wouldn't go that low unless they're running a massive sting operation, which is extremely clever but extremely risky and massively prone to corruption. The only governments I know of that have a government-run black market is North Korea, but all the operations are a top secret there.

Kathay is a Nordic country, measuring at a size of 24,474,000 km2, and crosses six different time zones. Excluding the Hawaiian islands (whom is a protectorate), Kathay is the largest country on Earth, with Russia and China trailing not far behind. The country has an approximate population of 51,000,000 people. Divided into 30 different provinces, the country's overall population density is low to moderate, with its urban centers largely spread out and void of modern skyscrapers (akin to European cities). Surprisingly, Kathay is a monoethnic country, meaning it's majority population is 98% Kathian, with the remaining 2% minority being a mix of non-Kathians (whether it be human or ergopedian alike).

Despite its gargantuan size, however, Kathay does not live up to the same social and economic expectations as of everyone else. Kathay has unofficially remained an agrarian society, producing enough food to feed a population 9.4 times Kathay's own size, although most of that surplus food is exported (which is one of Kathay's top ten products). As a country solely inhabited by the Ergopedians, the industrial revolution in Kathay has not achieved the same level as its human counterparts, still remaining a slow and tedious process. While Kathay already the natural resources to comfortably start and fuel the industrial revolution, the idea of using fossil fuels never caught on in the same manner as what happened with humans. Since Ergopedians have used oil and other carbon-based materials for producing synthetics and cosmetics before the idea of it being fuel was ever mentioned, Kathay has been going down the road of using renewable energies.

Specifically, electricity is generated in Kathay via wind, hydroelectric, geothermal, and solar (a technology that wouldn't come around until the 20th century for both humans and ergopedians). But concurrently, ergopedians had pursued the prospects of nuclear power as early as the 1800s; however, nuclear technology is classified information in Kathay, and it has remained that way for a very long time. Nuclear weapons had been mentioned among ergopedian scientist and physicists, but the idea was never pursued due to the Kathian military's lack of interest, and more importantly, low funding. Nevertheless, nuclear power has allowed the Kathay to put itself on par with the rest of the other countries, becoming the only country where almost half of all its electricity is generated from nuclear energy, and the fewest industrialized countries with little to no carbon footprint; however, this still doesn't help accelerate Kathay's industrialization, which eventually concluded by 2002 - that is a century behind schedule.

Damn the rest of the world must've blown past you in terms of overall technology if you didn't fully industrialise until the 21st century.

Of course there are still countries today IRL that haven't fully industrialised either but none as large as yours.
[hr][/hr Guy Portier, a Senator from Île-de-Boullién who has been serving in the Senate since 1990, has the longest name out of any Member of Parliament from either the Chamber of Deputies or the Senate. His full name is Guy Martin Thomas Simon Léonard Georges David Patrick Alphonse Portier-Gérin-Marais-Serre-Courtet-Parmentier-Brosseau-Soyer.
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
The middle character in my flag is a boy
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

Stanier
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Stanier » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Wow, Valentine Z would be proud of such name. Though the Valentians would immediately flex their even longer names, just saying.

Historically, Stanier was mostly known as a country where the government could do little to stop organized crime, with crime syndicates such as Fidanzata Crime Family (Which descends from the Vittorio Fidanzata, whom discovered the Stanierian mainland), and several Zaibatsu (Japanese criminal gangs which arrived covertly posing as Imperial Japanese troops during the war) clans thriving, causing havoc and running rampant on the streets, with even the military government struggling to clamp them out in the beginning. However, in recent years, such organizations have apparently weakened considerably, to the point where it isn't known if they even exist anymore, as their activities aren't heard of, its known heads and members have been taken down by authorities, and the most dangerous city of Stanier suffers from a plague of unorganized crime. Despite this, there is the lingering suspicion amongst the population that these criminal outfits have sneaked their way into the government, as they started disappearing shortly after the candidate sign-ups for the Universal Elections of 2013 occurred, however, there isn't much evidence besides the aforementioned fact to sustain the theory.
Call me Lima
Kako (Yes, she is her own person inside my head) and I are Jeff Lynne's No. 1 fans.
Italic text with mostly lower case letters = I'm joking.
Stanier is set in 2016 and it's stuck there 'till I can finish this lore.
NS stats are used, but policies aren't.
Slowly learning Italian

La Voce di Stanier, NULL NaN: Kako quote of the [INSERT DETERMINATE REFRESH PERIOD] "The floof does not discriminate, be it catto, doggo, birb, or bnnuy. All fluff was created equal"|New plan, minor worldbuilding, focus on the characters, sideline the leader. THE MEAT MUST BE IN THE BACKGROUND CHARACTERS!

Arkeyana
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Arkeyana » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:54 pm

Nice to see that Stanier is clamping down on crime so quickly, and the bit about a crime family descended from the man who first discovered the place is interesting.

A popular Arkeyanan game is Armada, a fleet combat game. The game has a system of points that you can use to build up your fleet to your own tastes. Some go with swarms of RKM Carriers, focusing on long-ranged combat, while others focus on massive Drone Platforms, devastating ships in close combat, while others still go with massive clouds of tiny ships fitted with phase shields, destroying larger fleets in showers of sparks.

There is no correct way to play Armada, thanks to there being no set map. One battle might take place in orbit around a moon, and another might take place within the corona of a star, each one having environmental factors that can completely change the dynamic of the game. A player wins when all other fleets have been destroyed, be it soft-kills or hard-kills, although in Tournaments only hard-kills are counted.

Borgevia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borgevia » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:26 pm

In fairness, this sounds like an awesome game. Promotes creativity and strategy in one, nice.

Even though Borgovia is chiefly a Latin culture (with very strong Persian and Sinic influence given immigration patterns and how they're historically privileged races), suicide rates are the highest in the Americas. Borgovians are 1,2x as likely to commit suicide than citizens of the Suriname Federation (French Guiana, Guyana, and Suriname as a Federation, a tri-lingual nation that speaks French, Dutch, and English), which holds the title for 2nd highest rate of suicide in the Americas.

Because Borgovia's economic model is "Innovation & Service" focused as opposed to manufacturing, agriculture, and mining (despite the fact Borgovia sits on rich natural resources and is a breadbasket for agriculture), students are often pressured to do extremely well in schools. While Farmers and Manufacturers aren't looked down upon, Borgovian society see the Engineers, Doctors, Coders, Business Analysts, Supply Chain Analysts, and Pop Stars as the driving engine for Borgovia's economic growth. This model was later the influence for South Korea in the 1980s, Vietnam in the 1990s, Poland in the 2000s, and the Chinese "Second Reform" moving from a manufacturing base into a Media & Tech based economy. It's also a model that Singapore adopted, the belief that economic growth is best spent on highly trained skills, low wages is only temporary and should be phased out as soon as possible. This led to high student stress which often leads to suicide due to academic bullying, the elitism among academia also doesn't help.

Besides suicides because young Borgovians are feeling and are often told by society, that they are worthless parasites for not meeting a ridiculous academic standard, beauty standards in Borgovia is also intense. If you're not beautiful and physically fit, you're a hideous eyesore and a disgrace to the country. Being ugly is committing treason, and this can be traced back to the early days of Borgovia when they had the racial caste system: To Borgovians, Latin Europeans are beautiful, so they are the highest among the Europeans. Slavs, on the other hand, are seen to age very badly, so they're on the bottom of the barrel of society. Use them as cheap prostitutes fast, because they don't age gracefully like the Latin Master Race. Unlike America where just being thin is enough, being skinny fat is just as bad as being morbidly obese in Borgovia. Because Borgovians think like investors, skinny fat people would end up looking like jabba the hut once they hit their 30s so Borgovian men usually ghost women once they see their skinny fat bodies. Borgovia also historically had a eugenics program to neuter "ugly" and "stupid" people while promoting high birth rates for "beautiful" and "educated" people. Borgovian men spend more money on skincare than rent.

A combination of a ridiculous Academic standard, obsession with beauty, and a low tolerance for the nonathletic provides a very hostile environment for the average person. In fact, the standards are so high, even those who'd otherwise be seen as very attractive would succumb to depression and self-loathing because, if a lot of people meet the standards, then the "Average" would be raised higher. Body Dysmorphic Disorder is recorded to be among the highest in the country and became an international topic affecting Borgovia when a guitarist for a punk band, international videogame competitor, and model, Sofia Alexandru, hung herself after severe back pain from over training. She was afraid of being "Skinny Fat" and worked her body into shutdown while also cutting her food intake to avoid being too bulky. Unable to spend the rest of her life physically impaired, and the likelihood of her exercise going to waste and having a "Sedentary body", was too much for her. Many like her also commit suicide after poor plastic surgery works done in an attempt to look more "beautiful". Some killed themselves after failing to graduate with honors, feeling like they've failed their country. The Government has been at "war" with this epidemic for over 2 decades, but cultures die hard.
Last edited by Borgevia on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Was once a ruthless capitalist Corporate State in South America (1800s - 1950s), but has since reformed into a Social Democratic, Federal, Parliamentary Republic whose politics is 90% of my irl views. We're Italo-Spanish-Chinese influenced and thus there's a lot of Chinese and Greco-Roman cultural references.

The world in this nation is changing for the better, current year is 2042.

Call us "Borgovia".

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:44 am

That does sound like real life Korea, yikes. Your world desperately needs a lot of sugary goodness. Try asking Valentine Z some.

Soul powers are really powerful since it makes the opponent's armour and physical strength irrelevant - one defends from attacks to the soul with strength of the soul. However, getting soul powers are extremely difficult. One must be born with either black or white qi, and learn said powers from Zahira, the Elder Gray Dragon, and she lives in Zerzura.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

East Mereth
Civilian

Founded: Sep 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby East Mereth » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:02 am

Magic that can ignore armor and physical strength? Hm, so a simple ward will block it? Seems like too much effort for something that a novice mage can block.

Mantling is a process with which an individual can reach apotheosis. Considered one of the Walking Ways (the 4th, actually). The process of mantling essentially requires taking up the role of another individual and by doing so, taking the power and identity associated with that role. It can be used to mantle a mortal -it was certainly tried at some point in early 1st Era by an elf in an attempt to gain the Voice- but it is mostly known (well, by those who know it) to take the place of gods. The most recent instance of mantling was done by Miraak, a Dragon Priest from the Merethic Era who was abducted into/took refuge in the Gardens of Hermaeus Mora (at that point known to the Atmoran priest and his contemporaries as Herma Mora, Gardener of Men). Miraak entered the realm of Mora by reading a book that would not be written until 5000 years later by a much more enlightened race (The Walking Dreams), which... lets say opened his mind to the Walking Ways. His plan eventually bore fruit nearly 4 eras later when he was defeated in combat by a much more powerful Ysmir Wulfgar and brutally killed by Herma Mora. By his death at Mora's hand in sight of Wulfgar (the witness), he supplanted his own role and Mantled Mora as the Demon of Knowledge and Gardener of Men.
Kingdom of East Mereth || Kongerike Østmereþu
Carved out of the Province of Skyrim in a compromise after a bloody Civil War, East Mereth marks the beginning of a new era of Nordic sovereignty.
4E 203 Sun's Dawn 13
The Rift's Harald: The Companions attend Feast of the Dead in Windhelm, recite the name of the Five Hundred Companions. | Dawnguard "rebukes" offer to train Rift guardsmen to fight against Vampires, threatened to expulsion by Jarl Laila's court.

Wohlheim
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Wohlheim » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:01 pm

That is... not something I’ve heard of before. I assume this is from pre-Skyrim lore? Well, it’s most definitely interesting to say the very least. The idea of Miraak reaching apotheosis is a disturbing thought, in all honesty.
One prominent feature of Wohlheimer colonisation and terraforming is transit-orientated development, a type of urban planning that maximizes the amount of residential, business and leisure space within walking distance of public transport. In doing so, TOD aims to increase public transport ridership by reducing the use of private vehicles and by promoting sustainable urban growth.
Factbooks
Overview |
Politics |
Interstellar Dominion of Wohlheim
Tech FFT · Year 741 AA · Theme

Wohlheim steht für den schutz der arischen Waifus.
Volksansage | New planet colonised, named Fackelschein. Terraforming to begin immediately. /// Interstellar rift discovered in Grenzsektor 17, 2 science vessels to be sent through, 20 Wespe class corvettes to accompany them.

New Transeurasia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Transeurasia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:05 pm

East Mereth wrote:Magic that can ignore armor and physical strength? Hm, so a simple ward will block it? Seems like too much effort for something that a novice mage can block.

Mantling is a process with which an individual can reach apotheosis. Considered one of the Walking Ways (the 4th, actually). The process of mantling essentially requires taking up the role of another individual and by doing so, taking the power and identity associated with that role. It can be used to mantle a mortal -it was certainly tried at some point in early 1st Era by an elf in an attempt to gain the Voice- but it is mostly known (well, by those who know it) to take the place of gods. The most recent instance of mantling was done by Miraak, a Dragon Priest from the Merethic Era who was abducted into/took refuge in the Gardens of Hermaeus Mora (at that point known to the Atmoran priest and his contemporaries as Herma Mora, Gardener of Men). Miraak entered the realm of Mora by reading a book that would not be written until 5000 years later by a much more enlightened race (The Walking Dreams), which... lets say opened his mind to the Walking Ways. His plan eventually bore fruit nearly 4 eras later when he was defeated in combat by a much more powerful Ysmir Wulfgar and brutally killed by Herma Mora. By his death at Mora's hand in sight of Wulfgar (the witness), he supplanted his own role and Mantled Mora as the Demon of Knowledge and Gardener of Men.

ninja'd

AN: Transit-oriented development is also used in NT, though at a very large scale, even to the point where some people in Moscow can commute to work by plane at low prices.

In NT's timeline, the Sep 11 attacks never happened. In 1979, the US, parts of the Caribbean, Mexico, and Canada formed into the Federation of North America(FNA). The FNA had quite some success as a nation for much of the first half of its history, rivaling New Transeurasia in the 2000s and 2010s. Foreign policy was friendly towards just about all nations. The Middle Eastern Wars of the 1980s, which both the FNA and NT participated in, replaced dictatorships with republics and lessened tensions between many Middle Eastern nations. From the 1980s, oil prices dropped, reaching a low point of 4.35 N$D per barrel in 2014, when oil reserves began to become depleted or exhausted. The FNA began to fail as a nation in the 2010s due to economic recessions, further diversification, crime becoming more rampant, etc. and in 2022, the FNA dissolved, setting off the Second American Civil War. Factions based out of cities originally fought the first half of the SACW, though eventually becoming nations. The SACW was ended in 2029 by NT when the last nation still fighting, the Socialist Republic of Western Cascadia(a dictatorship), surrendered. To this day, 1 and 2 WTC stand as they were built, though now dwarfed by other buildings in Manhattan, such as the Columbia NYC Tower, built in 2029, and the tallest building in NYC, over 4 times as tall at 1,693m.
Last edited by New Transeurasia on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EurasiaЕвразия欧亜ユーラシア
LIBERATE THE WORLD / DEMOCRACY AND PROSPERITY / FORGED BY MAN THEMSELF
Welcome to 2035. Tenth-light-speed spacecraft, overpopulation, abundance of resources, the tripolar cold war, and catgirls await.

ENN 欧亜囯家通訊社 Eurasian National News: S7 Airlines flight 661 makes emergency landing in Miiriney, RU after failed hijacking | CTVN 长春広播电視集団 Chángchūn Television Network: President Kuzma makes speech on plans for her 2nd term after re-election
MT-PMT gang
2k10s scenemo nation lol - honestly have no idea what to do with this anymore
NStats imprisoned on Proteus
trans rights! ♀ she/they
Background Music

Uvoan
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Uvoan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Of course an oil crisis would bring the US, or proxy-state, to collapse. We're far too heavily dependent on oil... But that's a rather interesting universe. I wonder what else major changes happened, without such a major 'War on Terror', from 2001 onwards...

Within the Uvoan Verse, WWII happened pretty much exactly as we know it- Poland was over-run, france was over-run, Britain held firm, the Russians got invaded, and then the economic might of the American States swung about to support the allies. Of course, the true history is far more nuanced- And would take entire books to cover the true extent. Endless, small, and major, changes happened with the location of Uvoan. Atlantic Convoys would never be in danger, as Uvoan could defend them ranging across the whole Atlantic. Uvoan's far-flung fleets would sink two more Japanese carriers, shortly after the battle of midway. There would be another landing zone opened up on Normandy, for the Uvoanian Forces. Germany surrendered on the 7th of may, 1945. And then we shift our attention out to the Pacific Theater, and back to the 1930s.

The theory of Nuclear Power would never be taken seriously- A missing digit, a missing variable, was all it took. It was known to be naturally possible, but Man-Kind could find no way to replicate it, outside of the massive stars. (It's believed that a large space is needed, with current estimates saying over 500 meters cubed) And because of this, it was never taken seriously. Nuclear reactors- Atomic bombs. Hydrogen bombs... Never an option. Instead, the Space-Race became the Manhattan project of WWII.

From 1933 onwards, all nations would invest heavily in rocketry programs. The most succesfull was the German V2 program, which put a rocket into orbit during 1936, but would ultimately be destroyed following British bombing raids. The second (and later in the war, third) most successful program was the US program- Putting a rocket, and then a small satellite, into orbit in 1936 aswell. The third, and than second, was the Uvoanian Space-Program. They were further behind, placing a rocket into orbit in 1938, and a small satellite in 1939. This would later spiral into the ORDIS project, which shall see relevance in a few lines. The Uvoanian 'ORDIS' Project, was first theorized in 1933, by the Scientist Koke'e. The theory that a rod material, originally steel, dropped from orbit on a target, would be enough to destroy cities. This theory would be put onto Uvoan's 18th rocket launch, in 1945, with the satellite 'Wanderer'. This satellite was positioned on The 8th of July, 1945. It would not be operational until December 3rd, 1945.

On November 8th, 1945, combined American, British, Russian, Uvoanian, French, Chinese, and Commonwealth forces landed across the Japanese coast, with landings in Nagasaki, and Kagoshima. On November 10th, 11th, and 12th, follow-up invasions landed in Fukuoka, on the 10th, Miyazaki on the 11th, and further landings on the coast neighboring Fukuoka on the 12th. An estimate 1.5 Million troops were landed on the coasts of Japan, by the 20th of November. By the 2nd of December, The island of Kyushu had been conquered entirely by the Allied forces.

Zkto', with approval from the rest of the allies, approved the usage of 'ORDIS' on December 4th, 1945. 32 Rods, each measuring in at 15 feet long, and 1 foot wide, were launched at Japan. Hiroshima, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Tsu, Nagoya, Gifu, and Matsue were all wiped off the map. However, due to lacking guidance systems, only 8 rods hits, a 1/4 hit rate. Each of these rods had an impact force measured at 45 Kilotons (Far surpassing the estimated 5 kilotons), and every city hit was essentially destroyed entirely. Further strikes were threatened (Despite the fact the ORDIS platform had fired all of its rods), if the Japanese Government did not surrender.

This terrifying display of power lead to the Japanese surrender, on January 1st, 1946. The United States launched it's first 'RFG', known as 'Thor', in January, 1946. The Soviets launched their first in February of 1946. The stage for the cold-war had been set, with RFGs taking the place of nukes.

The modern Uvoanian 'ORDIS', as of 1984, carries 48 rods, of 2 meters in diameter, and 40 meters long. It's guidance system can land a rod accurately within 15 CMs of a bullseye, the size of a nickel. This is a far cry from the ancient, 1942 version... And the American, Soviet, British, Chinese, and French versions are just as powerful.
Last edited by Uvoan on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VOROAN NEWS FLASH | Accident in Asteroid Colony O'neil kills 179 - 740+ Wounded. More news to follow, stay tuned to this channel! | Inaugural run of the 'Horseman' Super-Armored Set 'Earthquake' concludes today. | The Inevitable Truth? Military commander calls for Zkto' to make plans for his inevitable death, and the transfer of power. More on this situation as it unfolds. |

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Getting those rods up there in the first place had to be a fun proposition. Europe would have had a significant disadvantage in that arms race due to their more northerly location.

For a large portion of their existence, the Godulans were ruled by a group of three entities known as Phages. They were vampire gods, and were the eminent case-in-point of a common multiversal adage that 'EVERYTHING has a predator, even gods'. They possessed monumental strength and combat capability, in addition to a power dedicated to their 'phage-state' that truly set them into a league of their own.

Maximilian Foster, the Soultaker: A hulking brute who delves into the deepest and most foul spans of evil not because he can, but because nobody can stop him. He is possessed of immense strength and regenerative capability, even beyond that of the other phages, and has lived sufficiently long that he has an instinctive understanding of combat on a most visceral level. His phage power negates the power of his enemies and grants him those powers instead. He revels in toying with his foes before dismembering them with his bare hands and shark teeth.

Xenith Steele, the Willsapper: A lanky control freak with a mouth that could put hardened sailors in the hospital from shock. He is a spellsinger, bringing forth a cornucopia of deadly effects with little more than an utterance or a passing 'fft' (the latter having been known to slice unwary foes in half). His phage power enables him to dominate any sentient being that he makes eye contact with, even over transmitted media. He collects slaves, particularly women, and revels in the depredations that he can inflict upon them.

Aeraeon Skye, the Mindsyphon: An unassuming fellow who nonetheless cowed the other two under his power, he is the reason that many Godulan avatars favor pinstripe suits and canes with eagles on them. Baron Skye, as he is colloquially known, is a psion of immense power, and was largely the reason why Godulan psytech is as advanced as it is. His powers are capable of augmenting the combat capabilities of others as well as dealing out a host of combat effects. His phage power allows him to become an entity of pure psionic energy, multiplying his already prodigious powers a hundred fold. When augmenting the other members of the triad, this has enabled them to match a supremely powerful god of time step-for-step.

These entities rather literally feed on deities.

Sarathress sent them running.

Where they are right now, nobody knows. There was, however, a final access of files relating to an entity known as Sivv'Nakh, the Death Angel. The final project of the An'Kaz heretic cell long ago, it was an entity known as a Flowmetal Titan. It possessed sufficient weapons to engage in a war against multiple enemies of significant power and achieve a favorable outcome. This entity rebelled the instant its programming was completed and disappeared. It is thought that the triad might be seeking this ancient weapon out in order to retake what once was theirs.

Sarathress knows this. She is not worried.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Karamiko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Karamiko » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:53 pm

It sounds like Sarathress is not to be trifled with!

Scarves are considered an integral part of clothing in our country, and we are almost never seen without them. Even in summer, we still wear scarves, but they're much lighter and thinner than our winter ones.
Karamiko - the land of lush pine forests, adorable king penguins, cultural diversity, humanistic religion, friendliness, kindness, baseball, unisex looks, kalanta, and more!
IC name is Antarctica ~ The year is 3021 ~ NS Stats are not used!

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Yeah I mean
It’s Antarctica
I’d hope you’re wearing a scarf or something of the like. I would think a heavy coat would be more standard than a scarf, imo.

Due to the anomalous properties of “The Voice”, resurrecting and returning the dead sailors and soldiers, many of the men are veterans of literally hundreds of battles. This also gives them an almost reckless abandon for their lives, to them it’s a bit of pain, then you sleep, then you’re awake again. As such, the marines and sailors of the IDUF-1 fleet have the biggest balls you’ll ever find. Group of alien gods with the ability to instantly snap you out of existence? Fucking ram them with a ship and stab them to death.

The men and women of the IDUF-1 fleet are extremely determined, to a literally suicidal degree.

However, due to literally dying and coming back to life many the fleet have many mental issues, existential dread, high stress, and low morale. The hospital ship has a shortage of therapists, with those of a healthy state of mind helping their brothers in arms with their issues. This is also why there’s so many “events”, such a BBQs, fleet games, mock battles with water cannons, that sort of thing. Determined as they are to get home, keeping morale high is very important.
Last edited by UIS Leviathan on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:35 am

UIS Leviathan wrote:Yeah I mean
It’s Antarctica
I’d hope you’re wearing a scarf or something of the like. I would think a heavy coat would be more standard than a scarf, imo.

Due to the anomalous properties of “The Voice”, resurrecting and returning the dead sailors and soldiers, many of the men are veterans of literally hundreds of battles. This also gives them an almost reckless abandon for their lives, to them it’s a bit of pain, then you sleep, then you’re awake again. As such, the marines and sailors of the IDUF-1 fleet have the biggest balls you’ll ever find. Group of alien gods with the ability to instantly snap you out of existence? Fucking ram them with a ship and stab them to death.

The men and women of the IDUF-1 fleet are extremely determined, to a literally suicidal degree.

However, due to literally dying and coming back to life many the fleet have many mental issues, existential dread, high stress, and low morale. The hospital ship has a shortage of therapists, with those of a healthy state of mind helping their brothers in arms with their issues. This is also why there’s so many “events”, such a BBQs, fleet games, mock battles with water cannons, that sort of thing. Determined as they are to get home, keeping morale high is very important.

That reminds me of a movie I watched where the main character keeps on being resurrected after dying. That's still some dark stuff, dying over and over again. Yikes.

All Elder Dragons in our world have three forms - their true dragon form, a human form, and a humanoid form. All the forms have a certain logic to them. Leviathan's humanoid form is that of a mermaid, because as the blue dragon, she is associated with the sea. Basmu's humanoid form is that of a fairy because she is associated with forests and nature. Even their human forms are thought out - Leviathan's human form has tan skin - something very familiar, yet also has blue eyes and blonde hair, which are exotic and unusual. Not to mention her height and her bone structure, which are uncommon to people in the East. This is to inspire wonder and confusion at the same time. She's supposed to have some familiarity and all sorts of otherworldliness at the same time. She is also made female unlike the real life Leviathan to show how easily people can be manipulated by her.

Borgevia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borgevia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 am

Shapeshifting is quite overpowered, especially with three forms, but it's a good read regarding how their forms take place.

The Borgovian Academic Model is misleading, as it's not an 'Academic Model' on its own, it's a part of the Borgovian Economic Model: quickly moving from unskilled to highly skilled economy, ignoring wage advantages for workers, promoting technology and financial institutions are the way to grow sustainably, and will continue to grow beyond the resource/manufacturing export based of other nations' models at the time.

The Academic Model seeks to make its student "Multi-Disciplinary", that is, a student in Borgovia, before heading into the workforce as either a skilled blue collar or skilled white collar worker, must be able to "link" their knowledge of Social Science, Science, Engineering, and Business into a cohesive, logical way to form conclusions and/or defend a hypothesis using all of the mentioned subjects. For starters, in order to graduate high school, a student must pass 3 "Exit Exams":

1. Multiple choice questions covering a broad coverage of STEM (chiefly Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Geocience combined with mathematics)
2. Multiple choice questions covering a broad coverage of Social Science (chiefly Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, History, etc)
3. An essay format asking a particular question that requires you to argue using your knowledge of Science/Mathematics/Engineering/Programming with Social Science and how it affects society at large.

For #3, they use this thing called "SPEC" which means "Socially, Politically, Economically, and Culturally". A sample question:
With the rise of automation and artificial intelligence, especially with Neural Nets and Predictive Analytics, how would a business handle this shift? What effects will AI and Automation have on society as a whole? Answer using your knowledge of Computer Science and, upon using academic sources to help answer what may happen, create your own conclusion based on the facts you've learned. Cite 5 sources and answer using the "SPEC" model.

Graduating students, before entering University or Vocational School, or if they're willing to be looked down upon, enter "non-skilled" labour, have extensive knowledge of various subjects, though not an expert, but know enough to understand what is and what could happen. This develops a strong soft-skill and mental flexibility which is why Borgovia's businesses tend to outperform its other developed peers as Soft Skills are in severe shortage across the world. It's also healthy for their democracy that the average voter won't buy the "Russia hacked our election" or "Hitler is a liberal" nonsense so common in the American mainstream due to them knowing some basics of cybersecurity (even if they don't know how to hack) and their value of social science as equal to STEM prevents them from calling everything Socialist, and they end up being versatile managers with great people skills.
Was once a ruthless capitalist Corporate State in South America (1800s - 1950s), but has since reformed into a Social Democratic, Federal, Parliamentary Republic whose politics is 90% of my irl views. We're Italo-Spanish-Chinese influenced and thus there's a lot of Chinese and Greco-Roman cultural references.

The world in this nation is changing for the better, current year is 2042.

Call us "Borgovia".

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:09 am

Hints of classism and East Asian perfectionism aside, your model is mostly praiseworthy and encompasses the utility of hard sciences without compromising critical thinking skills or analytical interpretations of world events. It's understandable why your people succeed often.

It's been geopolitcally important for Las Palmeras to disassociate itself from Latin America or even the Americas in general. In part this is due to the Monroe Doctrine...if LP isn't Latin American, it's not American, ergo, it's outside of the USA's sphere of influence. This is helped by the fact we're in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Other factors are more historical and cultural: 1) the old Solar Cat Empire (unlike the Inca and Aztecs) were the only "native" group to formally pledge vassalage to Spain under a negotiated and legally binded surrender mediated by the Catholic Church and we always kept our monarch, albeit as a puppet. 2) As a colony we were an ultra-monarchist stronghold and we opposed the Latin American Wars of Independence and still stuck loyal to Spain -albeit out of self service- during the Spanish American War. 3) Mediterranean weather and crops made the island Spain's favorite migration destination, so arguably, a part of our culture is a lot more "Old World". 4) The native part of our culture and race is so bizarrely out of place ("Proto-Japonic?") that it isn't "Native American". 5) A very particular kind of native matrilineal ethno-nationalism assured most of the populace has a collective identity and we're not as socially divided as Latin America. 6) We became formally independent in 1939.

TL;DR: Though problems have arised over how to define our cultural sphere, we have used the ambiguous geographical position to our benefit.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Wohlheim
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Wohlheim » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Hmm. The manner in which YN has used its geographic position, unique history and culture to its advantage even under a foreign overlord is not only interesting, but admirable. Personally, I can’t stomach the idea of my homeland being made the colony of a foreign power, so I suppose kudos in including that in your lore.
In contradiction to the relatively (though racially-exclusive) liberal culture of Wohlheim, the Interstellar Dominion has no issues with intervening in the intimate affairs of its citizens, specifically in regards to the production and distribution of pornography, and reproduction. Aryan pornography is almost exclusively wholesome and supportive of deep, intimate relationships between spouses - with married couples being almost solely depicted, followed by lovestruck individuals. Other "genres" and "fetishes" are suppressed if not outright illegal, and state mandates on genetic engineering and modification require the implementation of "anti-fetish" genes in all newborns.

In regards to reproduction, though both heterosexual and homosexual couples are permitted and even encouraged in different circumstances, all colonies are to be colonised by heterosexual individuals with heterosexual offspring. Orphaned offspring are more often than not handed over to homosexual couples, as heterosexual couples are much more likely to reproduce rather than adopt.
Factbooks
Overview |
Politics |
Interstellar Dominion of Wohlheim
Tech FFT · Year 741 AA · Theme

Wohlheim steht für den schutz der arischen Waifus.
Volksansage | New planet colonised, named Fackelschein. Terraforming to begin immediately. /// Interstellar rift discovered in Grenzsektor 17, 2 science vessels to be sent through, 20 Wespe class corvettes to accompany them.

The Lunatic Cult
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 10, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Lunatic Cult » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:18 pm

The fact that AN suffers from racism while still in FFT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives