NATION

PASSWORD

Of Desert Lionesses and Sand Raptors (Closed, reboot)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:54 pm

Just like Aurelia, the six Scarlet Americans do not miss the small twitch of Sarina's eyebrow, and thankfully, Anaximander is quick to understand why.
"Before you get angry Miss Sarina, says the Emperor, I didn't mean that you were trolling, I was referring to the fact that people, in a conversation, might use a comparison between myths of both nations to feel superior to their interlocutor. It was not directed at all against you or the story you told us. Sorry if you understood it like that.
"Now, concerning your question Princess, continues Anax as he turns back to Aurelia. I would not reply only if the person telling me ghe story used it to provoke me and tell me that said myth or story was superior to the ones of the Empire, therefore implying that the Sultanate is superior to our country. Otherwise, if it is a simple and pleasant conversation, I would always reply.
Now, with all due respect, could you please refrain from joking about such things as flogging? Because frankly, to us, it's just outright barbaric, on the same level as the fundamentalist islamic groups we've been fighting in Afghanistan and such. And when we learned that the Sultanate was still using this methods of punishment, our friends, Anna and I, thought the same thing. And it's still in a corner of our mind. I don't want to judge your methods, but please, avoid the topic while we're together.
-To change topics, interrupts Yuri as he looks at his Data Glove Paired, it seems we are a bit late for take off. Seems like now would be a good time, no?" he asks his friends and wife, earning nods of approval from them.
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428571429 civilization, according to this one
I don't use NS stats

Change rate
: 1 Imperial Dollar = 1.86 NSD

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:08 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Just like Aurelia, the six Scarlet Americans do not miss the small twitch of Sarina's eyebrow, and thankfully, Anaximander is quick to understand why.
"Before you get angry Miss Sarina, says the Emperor, I didn't mean that you were trolling, I was referring to the fact that people, in a conversation, might use a comparison between myths of both nations to feel superior to their interlocutor. It was not directed at all against you or the story you told us. Sorry if you understood it like that.
"Now, concerning your question Princess, continues Anax as he turns back to Aurelia. I would not reply only if the person telling me ghe story used it to provoke me and tell me that said myth or story was superior to the ones of the Empire, therefore implying that the Sultanate is superior to our country. Otherwise, if it is a simple and pleasant conversation, I would always reply.
Now, with all due respect, could you please refrain from joking about such things as flogging? Because frankly, to us, it's just outright barbaric, on the same level as the fundamentalist islamic groups we've been fighting in Afghanistan and such. And when we learned that the Sultanate was still using this methods of punishment, our friends, Anna and I, thought the same thing. And it's still in a corner of our mind. I don't want to judge your methods, but please, avoid the topic while we're together.
-To change topics, interrupts Yuri as he looks at his Data Glove Paired, it seems we are a bit late for take off. Seems like now would be a good time, no?" he asks his friends and wife, earning nods of approval from them.

Aboard RA-12.
Princess Aurelia bint-Damir.

Well, talk about a culture shock... flogging was not only a common punishment around our parts, but also an accepted one. Besides, I did not mean the kind of flogging we usually use for punishment, but a more... interesting kind.
Of course, they could not know that, so I told Anax with a voice cold as ice: "If you do not wish to talk about that, fine. But never compare Kyrenaia to these people, neither in front of me nor in front of any other Kyrenaian. You have no idea, what Kyrenaia is and why Kyrenaia is the way it is. So shut your pie hole or we start discussing the Firearm Legislation in the Empire, about which we have nothing nice to say either." I let a beat pass, meeting Anax's eyes head on. National Pride was a thing and is these people did not understand that, then it sucked to be them. "And besides that, it does not throw a good light onto you, or your Empire, to call anyone 'barbaric', especially not before you haven't cleaned up your own house."
I held the eye contact and spoke to Yuri without missing a beat. "That all being said, Baron, the reason as to why we haven't taken off already elude me as well. I am sure, however, that the pilots have good reasons.", I told him, "I bow to their expertise in these matters and you should do the same."
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:44 am

When Aurelia answers him with her ice-cold tone and hard stare, Anax meets it head on with a one of his own. The Emperor, just like his wife and colleagues, understood perfectly the National Pride present in Aurelia's words, and would, if necessary, use their own Imperial one to match it.

"Princess, replies the Emperor with a calm and neutral tone, know that these comparisons came to us immediatly, without taking the time to think it through, and were largely caused by some old stereotypes that linger in even the most wisest minds in the Empire. You are absolutely right, I don't know what Kyrenaia is, what are his people, etc.
But you are surely aware that one of the goals of this state visit is for us humble foreigners to learn and understand more about the Sultanate, its people and traditions.
Only then would we be able to try and discuss things with you or anyone of your compatriots, because we would have some knowledge and understanding to back us.

But as of now, in the state of things concerning our knowledge, it would be very unwise to start a debate, let alone on such a sensible topic Just like it would be unwise for you to start debating now about our Firearm Legislation, because you do not have all the knowledge and understanding about how we work. In both cases, it would end with the foreign party falling out of context very rapidly. And if I remember well, wisdom is a thing Kyrenaians hold in high regards, even more than in the Empire to my opinion.
So, with that in mind, I suggest we leave that kind of discussion for the return visit, where both countries will have taken time to learn and understand about each other.

-As for cleaning our own house, continues Anna, as she looks at Aurelia with the same gaze as her husband, I've learned very rapidly that it is a task that never stops, for anyone on this planet." The Empress, by saying this, was conveying to Aurelia the fact that nor the Empire the Sultanate were perfect, and that they should, if possible, refrain from judging each other too much.

"Oh, don't worry Your Highness, replies Yuri as he leans back in his seat, before taking out his canteen from behind his plate carrier and taking a swig from it, before replacing it back. I know that these pilts are among the best of their kind, otherwise they wouldn't have been selected to fly your GrandMother or any member of your family. What I'm saying is that I don't want people in Oea to start mocking us because we're not punctual and late, saying that it is our fault while it would have been a factor depending on our pilots.
Say, I'm getting hungry. Anax, you got any of those chocolate-strawberry bars Alexandra made recently?
-Yup, replies the Emperor before opening his backpack, and retrieving some aluminium packets, which he hands to his different colleagues. Opening them reveals some chocolate-coated cereals mixed with dried stawberries in a small bar.
-These were prepared by Alexandra Leonhart, or Sasha as we call her, explains Alicia to the two Kyrenaian women. She's the Alpha Three Squad Leader under my command, and also a good cook, who loves to try new things. And I think she would love to have your advice on them, even though it's a simple treat, continues the female Morozov as she picks two more bars from Anax's backpack, and hands them to Aurelia and Sarina.
What was left unsaid, but could still be easily readable in the female Colonel's eyes, was that just like the Kyrenaians had appreciated that the Scarlet Americans guests had partaken in the tuqasimiah earlier, the guests would appreciate if their hosts did the same, as a gesture of goodwill, and also as a peace offering from the small tense turn the conversation had took.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:50 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:When Aurelia answers him with her ice-cold tone and hard stare, Anax meets it head on with a one of his own. The Emperor, just like his wife and colleagues, understood perfectly the National Pride present in Aurelia's words, and would, if necessary, use their own Imperial one to match it.

"Princess, replies the Emperor with a calm and neutral tone, know that these comparisons came to us immediatly, without taking the time to think it through, and were largely caused by some old stereotypes that linger in even the most wisest minds in the Empire. You are absolutely right, I don't know what Kyrenaia is, what are his people, etc.
But you are surely aware that one of the goals of this state visit is for us humble foreigners to learn and understand more about the Sultanate, its people and traditions.
Only then would we be able to try and discuss things with you or anyone of your compatriots, because we would have some knowledge and understanding to back us.

But as of now, in the state of things concerning our knowledge, it would be very unwise to start a debate, let alone on such a sensible topic Just like it would be unwise for you to start debating now about our Firearm Legislation, because you do not have all the knowledge and understanding about how we work. In both cases, it would end with the foreign party falling out of context very rapidly. And if I remember well, wisdom is a thing Kyrenaians hold in high regards, even more than in the Empire to my opinion.
So, with that in mind, I suggest we leave that kind of discussion for the return visit, where both countries will have taken time to learn and understand about each other.

-As for cleaning our own house, continues Anna, as she looks at Aurelia with the same gaze as her husband, I've learned very rapidly that it is a task that never stops, for anyone on this planet." The Empress, by saying this, was conveying to Aurelia the fact that nor the Empire the Sultanate were perfect, and that they should, if possible, refrain from judging each other too much.

"Oh, don't worry Your Highness, replies Yuri as he leans back in his seat, before taking out his canteen from behind his plate carrier and taking a swig from it, before replacing it back. I know that these pilts are among the best of their kind, otherwise they wouldn't have been selected to fly your GrandMother or any member of your family. What I'm saying is that I don't want people in Oea to start mocking us because we're not punctual and late, saying that it is our fault while it would have been a factor depending on our pilots.
Say, I'm getting hungry. Anax, you got any of those chocolate-strawberry bars Alexandra made recently?
-Yup, replies the Emperor before opening his backpack, and retrieving some aluminium packets, which he hands to his different colleagues. Opening them reveals some chocolate-coated cereals mixed with dried stawberries in a small bar.
-These were prepared by Alexandra Leonhart, or Sasha as we call her, explains Alicia to the two Kyrenaian women. She's the Alpha Three Squad Leader under my command, and also a good cook, who loves to try new things. And I think she would love to have your advice on them, even though it's a simple treat, continues the female Morozov as she picks two more bars from Anax's backpack, and hands them to Aurelia and Sarina.
What was left unsaid, but could still be easily readable in the female Colonel's eyes, was that just like the Kyrenaians had appreciated that the Scarlet Americans guests had partaken in the tuqasimiah earlier, the guests would appreciate if their hosts did the same, as a gesture of goodwill, and also as a peace offering from the small tense turn the conversation had took.

Aboard RA-12.

I quickly caught on to the meaning of them putting these bars into our hands: A peace-offering and a distraction. And a break in the conversation.
I nodded to Sarina, when she glanced to me. Handmaidens were not allowed to accept presents without expressed permission to do so, so she acted in accordance with her station's rules. Ancient, most likely older then Anax's Empire, but valid nonetheless.
I took a bar as well.
"I agree with you on one thing.", I said to Anax, "Neither of us should judge with incomplete knowledge." I unwrapped the bar and took a small bite. He might be surprised to learn, that I had received some information on the Empire beforehand, as well as its Imperialistic Expansions as of late. "Don't worry about the time of arrival in Oea. As long as we are there by midday, no one will complain... and if we aren't, the pilots are blamed, I'll see to that." To be honest... I took another bite. "My compliments to... Sasha, was it? How should I refer to her in a formal context?"
Sarina nodded. These chocolate bars were really good!
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Anaximander, grateful to Aurelia and Sarina for having accepted the bars, gives them a smile and a nod of gratitude. He supposed that Aurelia had indeed been receiving information about the Empire, but there was a clear difference in his mind between reading informations and being there on the field.
"If you want to adress Sasha in a formal context, Princess, answers the Emperor, you can either use her rank, that would be Lieutenant Colonel Alexandra Leonhart. Or her noble title, since she's married to Patrick, whose family is the fourth most high-ranked noble family after the Imperial family, the Melniks, and the Morozovs. So that would be Marquise Alexandra Leonhart.
Although just so you know, her own family is of noble descent, they are Barons whose domain is located in the plains of North Dakota. I hope that answers your question. Also, please note that she isn't used to people calling her Sasha when she isn't acquainted well with them.
- Thank you for the compliments, continues Anna, I'm sure she'll like them. Since she must still be sleeping, due to the time difference of eight hours, and given the fact all of our Personal Guards are on vacation, I'll text her instead of calling her, says the Empress as she types something on her Data Glove Paired. Something else you want to add before I send the message?" she asks Aurelia and Sarina.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:59 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Anaximander, grateful to Aurelia and Sarina for having accepted the bars, gives them a smile and a nod of gratitude. He supposed that Aurelia had indeed been receiving information about the Empire, but there was a clear difference in his mind between reading informations and being there on the field.
"If you want to adress Sasha in a formal context, Princess, answers the Emperor, you can either use her rank, that would be Lieutenant Colonel Alexandra Leonhart. Or her noble title, since she's married to Patrick, whose family is the fourth most high-ranked noble family after the Imperial family, the Melniks, and the Morozovs. So that would be Marquise Alexandra Leonhart.
Although just so you know, her own family is of noble descent, they are Barons whose domain is located in the plains of North Dakota. I hope that answers your question. Also, please note that she isn't used to people calling her Sasha when she isn't acquainted well with them.
- Thank you for the compliments, continues Anna, I'm sure she'll like them. Since she must still be sleeping, due to the time difference of eight hours, and given the fact all of our Personal Guards are on vacation, I'll text her instead of calling her, says the Empress as she types something on her Data Glove Paired. Something else you want to add before I send the message?" she asks Aurelia and Sarina.

Aboard RA-12.

I shook my head.
"No, thank you, that would be all.", I replied to the offer, just before the helicopter lifted off. The movement caused no spills on our side, but a bit of movement. I was not really used to riding helicopters, but this was far from my first ride. "If you wish, though, you can add my best regards to the Marquise and her husband."
As we were now airborne, the helicopter turned roughly southwards and began its flight. It would take a bit until we were there.
"We will now fly for about three hours and arrive in Oea.", I informed the other passengers (not that Sarina needed it, but I did so anyways). "I hope, that you have in-flight entertainment?"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:53 am

"It shall be done, Princess, replies Anna before finishing her message, endint it and putting her phone back in her pocket just as the Bijea lifts off. For the Imperials, this was a standard take off, one more in a list of many.
-Thanks for the information Princess, replies Pavel. As for flight entertainment, we have a simple but efficne thing that we call: try to sleep before you have a long day ahead of you."
As he says that, Anna, Alicia and Anaximander put their hats over their faces, while Yuri and Patricia do the same with their berets.
"That's what my comrades are demonstrating to you right now, adds the male Colonel with a chuckle. So, can you please wake us about ten minutes before we arrive?"
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:35 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"It shall be done, Princess, replies Anna before finishing her message, endint it and putting her phone back in her pocket just as the Bijea lifts off. For the Imperials, this was a standard take off, one more in a list of many.
-Thanks for the information Princess, replies Pavel. As for flight entertainment, we have a simple but efficne thing that we call: try to sleep before you have a long day ahead of you."
As he says that, Anna, Alicia and Anaximander put their hats over their faces, while Yuri and Patricia do the same with their berets.
"That's what my comrades are demonstrating to you right now, adds the male Colonel with a chuckle. So, can you please wake us about ten minutes before we arrive?"

Aboard RA-12.

I nodded - fair enough.
I raised my own hand, a book in my hands. Those capable of Reading Kyrenaian Runes would decipher, that it said Fakhar al'Aswad, Pride of Lions, a novel from the early 20th century, about hubris and loosing everything, set into a family of wealthy land owners. Some said, that it had been almost prophetic.
It was also part of the school curriculum.
"This is my in-flight entertainment.", I said with a smile, "I'll see to it, that we will be awoken and look halfway awake before we arrive." I let a beat pass. "Have a good rest."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:25 am

"Thanks Princess Aurelia, replies Pavel before covering his face with his Stetson too, only to raise it back up a few seconds later. Just a small question before I go to rest, what is the title of this book and whtat is it talking about? he asks as he points to the novel with his chin.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:06 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Thanks Princess Aurelia, replies Pavel before covering his face with his Stetson too, only to raise it back up a few seconds later. Just a small question before I go to rest, what is the title of this book and whtat is it talking about? he asks as he points to the novel with his chin.

Aboard RA-12.

"Fakhar al'Aswad, or Pride of Lions in English is a novel from the early 20th century.", I told him, "It's a very Kyrenaian book. I doubt, that you would find it interesting, Duke Pavel, for Kyrenaian Culture is not exactly easy to get into unless you come from a similar culture." I shrugged. "Don't worry, I had my issues as well."
Didn't you want to make nappy-time?
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:20 pm

"Thanks for the information, replies Pavel with a smile. I guess you're right, but that won't stop me from maybe reading it later. See you, he finishes as he puts back his Stetson on his face, and closes his eyes, drifting to sleep a few moments later just like his wife and companions, helped by the gentle rocking of the helicopter.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Thanks for the information, replies Pavel with a smile. I guess you're right, but that won't stop me from maybe reading it later. See you, he finishes as he puts back his Stetson on his face, and closes his eyes, drifting to sleep a few moments later just like his wife and companions, helped by the gentle rocking of the helicopter.

Aboard RA-12.

When Pavel, too, went to take his nap, I looked Sarina, her golden eyes sparkling in bemusement. I nodded and turned to my book - a book to be read for school.
Sarina, meanwhile, took out a fashion magazine, on who's cover Amina-Khana smiled into the camera in a long, black dress, her tall, towering figure dominating the title page. From what I gathered from a quick glance, Amina had hosted a ball not too long ago, in honour of the Melkos, the Beys of Jalid, who had come for a visit. There was even an image of Kira in the cutest dress one could imagine.
Oh, how much I wanted to hug the living daylights out of her!
Time flew (get it? Time flew because... okay, that one was a bad one).
A small beep told me, that time was almost up - a quarter of an hour before arrival, but same difference. I packed my book into my bag, then reached over to Anax.
"Good morning, sleepyhead!", I said and tapped his knee, "We're almost there - fourteen minutes and a few seconds."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:24 am

When Aurelia taps his knee, the Emperor opens his eyes with a small groan, before lifting his Stetson from his eyes, and pats himself up, seemingly searching from something
Crap, it's true I don't have it with me, he thinks, referring to his pistol.
"Thank you Princess Aurelia, he replies. Reveille everyone! he exclaims to his wife and colleagues. ETA Fourteen minutes! Get ready!"
As he says that, the others wake up too, readjusting their clothes and their hats and berets on their heads.
"Phew, that sure is good, says Anna as she extends her arms and stretches up a bit, confirmed by nods and groans of approval from Alicia and Patricia.
-Yup, simply replies Pavel. So, was that book interesting Princess? he asks to Aurelia.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:47 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:When Aurelia taps his knee, the Emperor opens his eyes with a small groan, before lifting his Stetson from his eyes, and pats himself up, seemingly searching from something
Crap, it's true I don't have it with me, he thinks, referring to his pistol.
"Thank you Princess Aurelia, he replies. Reveille everyone! he exclaims to his wife and colleagues. ETA Fourteen minutes! Get ready!"
As he says that, the others wake up too, readjusting their clothes and their hats and berets on their heads.
"Phew, that sure is good, says Anna as she extends her arms and stretches up a bit, confirmed by nods and groans of approval from Alicia and Patricia.
-Yup, simply replies Pavel. So, was that book interesting Princess? he asks to Aurelia.

Aboard RA-12.

"It's something I have to read for school.", I said and shrugged, "Despite that, it's okay." I smiled and felt the forces at hand, when the helicopter turned. "You should look out of the window now."
And that was, when they would see it for the first time: Oea, the City in Paradise, and the three Palaces it held.
The furthest from us was the palace known as the Bayt Fawq Murtafie, the Eagle's Nest, the Seat of Government of the Khanate of Sheliak. It was an area of nearly five hundred square kilometers, dominated by the Main Complex, its golden copulas speaking of glory and richness of days long past, days, which were reclaimed.
Aside from the Main Complex, the area was also home to gigantic gardens, greenhouses, arboretums, large grass fields, as well as the Campus of the Wise Fishes, the premier boarding school and educational institute of the Khanate of Sheliak. One could clearly see the Dorms, the school buildings, even the horseman training field, where colleagues of mine were hard at work, despite the hotness of the day - or maybe because. Alya was a good woman, she knew, what she was doing.
Another point of interest might have been the small marina, in a secluded bay, which was barely still visible. Quite a few vessels were anchored there.
Then, closer to us, there was the modern style Palace of Mahmut, also known locally as the Concrete Castle, a mere two hundred square kilometers of area belonged to the fenced off area, which belonged to Beyeha Fadwa Faris, who was in the city, if the flag flying over the main building was to be trusted. Outlying structures included half a dozen wind and solar power generators, being the testing area for Surya's newest products in these regards. Garages and a few race tracks also told of the passions of some of its inhabitants.
Between those two and the third was the city of Oea, a metropolis of half a million inhabitants, home to a large, shared air field of both the Armies of the Five Deserts and the Sultan's Navy, a gigantic railway station, an international air port, a rather large sail boat community (and several shipyards producing sailing vessels to boot) - and around two million beds for tourists and vacationists. From gigantic hotel castles full of beds to smaller holiday flats, from cheap to expensive, from families and extended families to singles, everyone would find a place to stay here.
The historic city center, on the left side of the Kiawiun River cutting the modern city in halves, with its large harbour fort, that dated back to the 4th century BCE, to the Age of the Emirs, and which had been expanded, rebuilt and renovated quite a few times in those long centuries, and which had been modified for the last time in 1940, was by the shore, the harbour fort splitting one gigantic stretch of white sand and azure-blue water into two parts. Where the historic city center ended, motorized traffic began, the center being off-limits except for emergency services.
For the next three kilometers, a total of five hotel castles stood with a few hundred metres distance from wall to wall, dozens of floors high, with restaurants and helicopter landing pads on the top. At their foot, greenery glistered like emeralds, palms and dates, and pools glistered like sapphires for those, who did not want to go the ten metres more and down to the beach. The city outside of the city center was modern, bustling, the trams running to and from, sometimes above ground, sometimes below, and sometimes on dedicated tram bridges above the heads.
The helicopter completed the panorama by making another turn, our target coming in sight on the far side of the metropolis: The Baed Palace.
Covering nearly a thousand square kilometers, reaching outside of what the eye could see, it had its own little tram system, initiated and built by a Prince, who liked trains a bit too much. Core and jewel, however, was the Palace Building itself, the structure itself covering five square kilometers with all the adjacent and service buildings. The cupola over the center building was sixty meters at its peak, plus a flag mast showing the personal banner of the Ilkhana of Utica.
Surrounding it were gardens, fields, hills and service buildings like the dorm of the Handmaidens, the barracks of the local detachment of the Tabardariyya, the Grand Bath House (which was open to the public and employees, safe for a few rooms), garages, hangars (a small airfield was on the palace's grounds), administrative buildings, a huge museum, several guest houses... on a green hill in the middle-distance, one would be able to see garden table with a parasol above it, as well as a few chairs.
The helicopter began its descent towards the airfield.
The closer the buildings came, the more apparent it became, that the majority was built of sand stone, decorated in different patterns and showing a lot of variation along the facades.
As the pilots adjusted our vehicle, the Imperials would be able to see the many different planes for the air race, lined up along the runway, their ground crews making last adjustments. Many of these planes were former military planes, a lot of history being lined up here.
They would also be able to see the small tram standing at the air field's platform, waiting for its passengers.
But before any of that, I had to grin: Dad came to fetch me, he stood a safe distance away with Tara Harir, his own Personal Handmaiden. She held another important man in my life on a short leash, Aldhiyb sitting on his haunches, apparently unmoved by the storm kicked up by the rotor blades. He would be far more moved when he saw me!
With Dad stood a couple of other Handmaidens and a butler, who I didn't recognize immediately, but who looked as if they belonged to the Baed Palace's complement.
Tabardariyya was sparse, a few soldiers and coast guard people were around, but mostly tending to the planes.
The helicopter touched down and the engines turned off. A a minute later, as the rotor blades came to a stop, Lieutenant Almuruha opened the door.
"Everyone disembark, final destination, Baed Palace! Please take all of your bags with you.", he said in Kyrenaian and offered a hand to me to help me down. I gladly took him up on the offer. His co-pilot first opened the door on the other side, then helped Sarina and the guests choosing to disembark on that side, while his pilot chose my side to do the same. "Thank you very much for flying with the Flight Readiness. Please choose our services at any time you might be able to."
I heard Aldhiyb giving an excited bark, but he would have to wait for a moment.
I bowed my head to the Lieutenant. "Thank you for your services. It was a smooth flight."
"Aw, shucks... I flew helicopters in combat deployments already, this was nothing.", he waved off, blushing lightly, "But thank you still."
I smiled and nodded and with that, without waiting for Anax or company to thank him, he went back to his cockpit, ordering a tow into the next hangar.
I stretched, then grinned at the Imperials. "Welcome to Oea. And welcome to the Baed Palace!"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:24 am

As the Bijea starts to turn, and the Princess tells them to look out the window, the six Imperials do so.
As they take the sights of the city and its features, as well as the three Palaces, they can't help but find the whole of it beautiful.
When they look at the Eagle's Nest, they smile as they look at the palace and its surrounding grounds, although if one could listen inside their heads, they would hear jokes told with a stereotypical german accent about a certain German chancellor who had a residence named similarly. In any case, their eyes and faces do not betray any emotion.
As they continue to look at the panorama under them, Yuri and Anna each take a camera out of their bags, and start taking pictures (not small cameras, mind you, but not either large papparazi ones.)
And finally, as they reach the Palace and its grounds, all of them take a good look at the plane with excitements in their eyes, the six of them also being pilots.
"I can't wait to see the race, says Yuri with a grin.
-Yeah, me too, replies Pavel. And when you look at all the surounding grounds, you realize that it looks a lot bigger when all the surface belonging to you leaves a larger impression on you when it is all concentrated in one place, rather than when it is dispersed like us with Adams Air Base and the Imperial Compound for example.
-That's true, says Anax as he strokes his chin. Not to mention the fact that we put a lot of the amenities such as he garages, shooting ranges, etc... underground, so seeing them on the surface seems very different, finishes the Emperor just as the helicopter touches the ground, and the Imperials put back their Stetsons (and berets in Yuri and Patricia's cases.) and their aviator shades on their heads.
"Thanks for the flight Lieutenant, says Anaximander to the pilot as he exits the cabin swiftly, followed by the rest of his crew. Once he is outside, as the pilot helps Aurelia and her Handmaiden out, he helps his wife get out, and simply takes in his surroundings, noting the presence of Damir and his handmaiden a few meters away.
"Thanks Princess Aurelia, that's a very nice place to live in if I may say, says Anna. So, I was wondering, do you guys allow smoking on air fields? Because back home, we sure as hell don't."" asks the Empress.
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates