NATION

PASSWORD

Standardize the Legalization of Cannabis

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Spudguy
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 09, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Standardize the Legalization of Cannabis

Postby Spudguy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Studies show that cannabis is less harmful than tobacco. Why is it still illegal. We should legalize worldwide.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:17 pm

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. This forum is more for drafting pieces of legislation than for making policy statements, so I suggest having a look at other topics here to see what is normally done. For the record, medical cannabis has already been legalised, and I don’t think you’ll get far with a full allowance. However, please feel free to stay here to comment on proposals or post a draft of your own.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:36 pm

OOC: Not very safe.
Not safe.
Not safe at all.
Just because one poison is less harmful than another poison, doesn't mean the less harmful poison is still not poison. Do note that I mean the smoking of it, since it was compared to tobacco, instead of nicotine vs. THC.
Last edited by Araraukar on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 pm

Mousey did this already.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:12 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Mousey did this already.

OOC: IIRC that resolution legalizes medically useful drugs for medical purposes. It sounds like the OP wants to legalize cannabis, regardless of medical usefulness, for recreational use.

OP, it would help greatly if you would post a draft of the actual law you'd like to see on the books. Until you do that, this thread has little purpose.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Return to General Assembly