NATION

PASSWORD

Cup of Harmony 75 - Everything Thread (Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Omerica
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Omerica » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:34 pm

|omerica| |politics| |region| |world| |sport| |culture| |science| |lifestyle| |video|

An SFRD Lifestyle Series Part Two: Cooking is still simple!
Three more fun, classic Omerican recipes you can try at home with your children

Chicken is delicious, but the feathers are not!

Making a cake is simple!
1. Heat the oven to 175 degrees.

2. Pour the eggs into a separate bowl and set aside.

3. Pour in the butter and the milk and whisk together well.

4. Pour half of the yoghurt into the butter and milk mixture.

5. Pour in the chicken mixture and mix together well.

6. Pour in the remaining yoghurt and whisk everything together well.

7. Cover the bowl and place in the oven until golden brown and puffed up, about 18 to 20 minutes.

8. Make sure the omelette is sitting slightly above the hot surface as you stir every minute or so; this will ensure the eggs will get cooked through but also make sure the mixture won’t become soggy.

9. After the omelette has cooked for about 20 to 25 minutes, remove it from the oven and serve hot with whipped whipped cream or sliced parmesan.

To make a simple lasagne, you can whip.

Making bread is simple!
1. Mix all the ingredients into a mixer (or simply use a hand mixer if you have a dough hook). Then put the dough in a large bowl and cover it with a damp towel. Let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes, until you are able to pick it up with your fingers and knead it for several minutes with no pressure.

2. While the dough rests, preheat your oven to 200 degrees and turn your oven off. Take the dough out of the bowl and shape it into a 25-centimetre disc. Then place the disc of dough into a large baking pan. Take two of the butterflied pastry balls and cut off all of the extra butter on your dough. You should have 25 grams but be careful you don’t lose any.

3. Place the dough into the prepared baking pan and cover it with a damp towel. Let the dough rest for two hours. After that time you can start preheating your oven to 260 degrees. Use an oven mitt to transfer the dough into the oven, as it is very hot. When the bread crust is brown then turn the oven off. You can bake the bread as soon as it cools down to room temperature.

4. Preheat the oven back up to 120 degrees.

5. Place the bread in the oven to bake for 20 to 30 minutes, which is not longer than the baking time of the dough. When the bread is browned, take it out and let it cool down.

6. Using a sharp knife slice into the bread. If you don’t plan using them, you can leave them for 1 to 2 days, which is plenty time to make your lunch box. However they are not meant to be left there.

Making a sandwich is simple!
1. First, open a box of your favourite bread. This one is a bit thin so you may wish to slice it in half. Now slice half of the crust to make a nice flat bread. If your bread is so thin, put the sliced edges together to make a larger slice.

2. Spread both sides of cheese on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spread the cheese evenly on the top of the bread and spread the other half of the cheese over the bread with a kitchen knife. Press the edges down together with your fingers—the cheese will shrink around the edges, but will never break. Place the cheese on top of the top crust. This gives the bread a nice crust.

3. Now, sprinkle and drizzle on the bacon. Don’t overdo it, since the bacon is probably a bit fatty. Place the bread on top of the bacon. This ensures a nice crispy bacon crust. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Drizzle it evenly on top. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.

4. Place the cooked bread on a cutting board for 5 minutes, if desired. Transfer to a serving container. Refrigerate the sauce for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.

5. When ready to remove the chicken, put the sauce in the hot sauce pan, turning on low, until the sauce bubbles, about 4 to 6 minutes.

6. Now, remove the chicken from the bag and cut into 3 to 5 centimetre pieces. Season each piece of chicken with 25 grams of fresh ground black pepper and 10 grams of salt. Transfer each piece to a separate serving dish and cover with the sauce. Serve at once or as soon as possible.

Note: In the picture on this page, you can see the chicken marinated in sauce and the marinated roasted carrots. The chicken was seasoned on the stove top. The marinade was used overnight before cooking the carrots. Cooked carrots cooked in the same recipe with less seasoning and less pepper will yield a slightly more tender end product. ⚜️
For your reading pleasure
▶ Extremist lawmaker François Aldenburg concedes defeat in his bid to keep his Charlottesville Legislative Council seat
▶ Omerica 2–3 Mareibat: Emily Michelakis gets sent off as the Incorrigibles are stunned in their Cup of Harmony opener
▶ “I’d like it there if there was coffee”: the Omericans who are just okay with not having to stay in Banija for the World Cup
▶ Misunderstandings, misreadings and misjudgements galore: the day war between Omerica and Qusmo was averted
United Republican Soccer Federation
6 Jacques la Rouge Road
Port Alexandre, AM 18-A40
UNITED REPUBLICS OF OMERICA
Omerica 2–3 Mareibat

Cup of Harmony 75 group stage — Matchday One
King Iqbal II Stadium, New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge

Goalscorers: Édouard Bouchard 35’, 43’; Mubaaraka Durtch 35’, 77’ (p) – Richard Armada 54’
Omerica line-up: Drew Durant; Jet Sneyders – Emily Michelakis (■ 76’) – Jesús Cruz – Marine Roldan; Alex Rodrigues – Sean Tester; George Palmeiro – Robin van Tyn (captain) – Martin la Rouge; Édouard Bouchard
Substitutions: Rodrigues > Thom Magalhães (58’), la Rouge > Jessie Beckett (63’), Bouchard > Charity Kayode (76’)

Saint Emelie v Omerica
Cup of Harmony 75 group stage — Matchday Two
¯\_(ツ)_/¯, New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge

Omerica line-up: Drew Durant; Jet Sneyders – Charity Kayode – Jesús Cruz – Marine Roldan; Alex Rodrigues – Sean Tester; George Palmeiro – Robin van Tyn (captain) – Martin la Rouge; Édouard Bouchard

Last edited by Omerica on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TLA: OME, HUClavia
iTLD: .or
Demonym: Rubbish Omerican
Every Omerica football match
This nation does not necessarily reflect my actual political views
Discontinue use if rash develops
Don’t ⬋ play ⬋ with ⬋ fire
Omerica – 27/09/2017
Any further and our feet will probably be in our stomachs
Kanoria - 27/09/2017
I for one love the reflux uniquely generated by self-gluttony of limbs, where the flesh meets the acid
This space intentionally left
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕
CONCORDIA VNIVERSALIS
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Saltstead
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saltstead » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Changing rooms of King Iqbal II Stadium, New Lodger City
Matchday 2

What is wrong with these people?

The Système fédérale de radiodiffusion was clearly not doing okay, which was a damn shame. Clement closed out of the tab, having learned naught but the fact that cooking was apparently still simple, as if it were up for debate.

In the main section of the changing room itself, the red-and-black shirts—likely some of the last No Nonsense would provide the Royal Saltsteadish Football Association—had all been removed from their hangers. A couple players were still lacing up boots, a couple fiddling with shin guards.

It felt odd to be on the other side, as if he were forgetting to do something. Going out in a suit almost felt wrong. He’d spurned the tie, but still.

Otto and Emmet waved, friendly faces as always. Their relationship was different now, but having familiar names in the changing room made the transition less jarring.

Hal walked in with the same commanding presence they’d always done. “Okay, folks,” they began, “Mareibat may have beaten the Omericans, but they are not going to do the same to us. If each of you do your part, I know they will not.

We have a couple of areas still to improve on from the first game, but I am confident that we will have an even better showing than we did before.

The room was a veritable sea of bobble heads, nodding up and down in agreement. Lone cries of Vor Såutstedĕ rang out from a couple of the benches, one after another.

I want to warn everyone against underestimating Mareibat,” Johannes stated mere moments after the sporadic cheers had finished. “Each player is here for a reason and there is only regret to be had in underestimating their ability. I don’t want us to come back here like the Omericans.

The room became a choir hall, Niĕt! dominating the air.

I especially advise against underestimating Ambrosio Constantini; his age will show, but his experience will certainly compensate. Coret will assure you of that. And I do not think I need to make any sort of warning about Armada or Durtch, given what happened in their opening game.

I am confident that we can rise to the challenge, but do not take it for granted.

You know what we have to do,” Emmet proclaimed. “So let’s do it! For Hal, for Ann-Marine, for Clement. Let’s give Mareibat a beating for the ages!

Emmet picked up the pennant off the bench—Un internationalĕ spil des Königlik Såutstedisħ Footballsbondes it read across the top as always.

Mareibat conter Såutstedĕ, Clement could make out as Emmet proceeded towards the door.

Everyone began to file out of the changing room into the halls that would lead them to the tunnel. The game was nearly afoot.

Clement was about to follow, until…

A word, Clement.

That voice was unmistakable, though it helped that the head coach—Piĕr-Jan, Gay or Hal—had always been the last one to leave. “Yes, Hal.

He turned around in the direction the voice came from.

I just want to thank you again for agreeing to do this. You did not have to and I really appreciate the courage it took to do it.

I am not doing it for myself, you know.

You are doing it for everyone else, aren’t you?

Right,” Clement replied, looking down and to his left as if he were ashamed of something. “I felt like everyone could use some inspiration. Going out like that, it’s like a punch to the gut.

Clement was jolted by a feeling on his shoulder, looking up toward his boss’s face. “Don’t feel bad.

Hal took their hand off Clement’s shoulder, starting to walk away, only stopped by a query of “About what?”.

About what happened in Ramusok. It was not your fault, so don’t take it personally.

Wait, what?—Clement thought aloud. How was he supposed to respond to something like that?

Hal turned back toward him. “I know it’s a punch to the gut to lose out like that. How do you think I feel? But I don’t think that is what bothers you.

Death did not hang over the room, but neither Clement nor Hal could hardly tell the difference.

Sorry if I touched a nerve,” Hal repentingly said.

It’s fine.” It wasn’t, but the ceremony was more important than sincerity.
Would you like to talk more about this later?

I think I’m good.

I think you’d feel better if we got out of here. We have a game, you know.

Fair.

It could not go any worse than Omerica’s game against them, that was for sure.
Last edited by Saltstead on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TLA: SAL(T)
iTLD: .zs
Demonym: Saltsteader
Adjectival: Saltsteadish
Qusmo - 06/08/2019

Maybe the real World Cup title was the friends we made along the way.
We are and shall be
Saltstead
Nothing more, nothing less

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

95X Cup of Harmony 75 MD 1 RP

Postby 95X » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:02 pm

In-Character Ad
Off Days
When you’re not busy with kickoffs, dribbling, passing, shooting at the goal, or making the winning save, the Nation of 95X suggests a relaxing ride on your local public transportation service.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Damukuni » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:20 pm

The 75th Cup of Harmony
Eastfield Lodge & Damukuni

Groups D-G, Matchday 2

Group D
New Saria 1–1 Joshenia
North Bank Stadium, Bridgetown
Hapilopper 1–4 Drawkland
Lodger City Memorial Stadium, Lodger City
  Group D                 Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Drawkland 2 1 1 0 6 3 +3 4
2 Eastfield Lodge 1 1 0 0 4 0 +4 3
3 New Saria 2 0 2 0 3 3 0 2
4 Joshenia 2 0 1 1 1 5 −4 1
5 Hapilopper 1 0 0 1 1 4 −3 0

Group E
Mareibat 0–2 Saltstead
King Iqbal II Stadium, New Lodger City
Saint Émelie 0–2 Omerica
Vorgan Park, New Lodger City
  Group E                 Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Saltstead 2 2 0 0 6 1 +5 6
2 Mareibat 2 1 0 1 3 4 −1 3
3 Omerica 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
4 Saint Émelie 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0
5 Freeport 1 0 0 1 1 4 −3 0

Group F
HUElavia 3–3 Port Ember
East Monksville Park, Monksville
95X 0–0 Dreamplanet
Parliament Stadium, Lodgertia
  Group F                 Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Dreamplanet 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
2 Port Ember 2 0 2 0 6 6 0 2
3 Timuria 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
4 95X 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
5 HUElavia 2 0 1 1 4 6 −2 1

Group G
Flavovespia 1–2 Eraman
Olympic Park, Mount Salt City
Main Nation Ministry 3–1 Brusseldorf
Norrion Park, Norrion
  Group G                 Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Main Nation Ministry 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3
2 Siovanija and Teusland 1 1 0 0 3 2 +1 3
3 Eraman 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 3
4 Brusseldorf 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
5 Flavovespia 2 0 0 2 1 4 −3 0
Last edited by Damukuni on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Brusseldorf
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014

Postby Brusseldorf » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:22 pm

The Repayment

John Matthews gazed out of the mezzanine window. It was pouring with rain outside, turning the sky a cozy shade of grey. Droplets raced down the glass in front of John, creating little patterns as they fell to the whim of gravity. The receptionist called his name, and John turned around. John arose from his bench by the window and walked through to the boardroom, nodding in acknowledgment as he passed the receptionist’s desk.

His fathers’ dying wish was for John to be happy. So simple a wish left John with the liberty to make it happen. Following the mourning of his father, he had come to the realisation that was not, in fact, happy with his current course of action. His father’s dying wish had allowed John to recover a fruitless lifetime, and carve it instead into an artwork where every day revealed something fascinating and new.

The beginning of this resurrection was a new job. John had travelled across town to the Iscandar Embassy, where they were holding interviews for an ambassadorial aide position. John’s experience as a political journalist and as secretary for his local MP filled all the requirements for the job. Now he just had to stick the interview.

One hundred sixty-eight thousand light years from Earth, on John’s home planet, a little boy playing football in the favela streets looked up at the sky. One day, he thought. One day I’ll be famous.

Excerpt from newspaper article:

Teddy Wolfenden is out with a minor injury following the match against Main Nation Ministry. The bye round has allowed Manager Craig Foster time to reorganise the lineup, Michael Scafford will take Wolfenden’s position with Ricard Sciolan taking the captaincy role for the match. Antony Providence is taking a well deserved break, with Jay van der Eisen making his debut between the sticks.

ImageTeddy Wolfenden should recover in time for Tuesday’s match
Last edited by Brusseldorf on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morocco-Algeria ~ Democracy ~ Prime Minister Abelt Nejem ~ Spends on Defence, Information-Technology, Protecting the Environment, and Spirituality
The largest military in the region
Of course I use NS Stats, what do you think I’m doing here?!
Etymology: Brussels + Dusseldorf = Brusseldorf!

The Pacifican Islands said: all transit is green if there is no transit
taps head
The Grand Empire of Andor said: You can’t pollute the planet if there is no planet
Hits head with hammer

Quelsh said: "COOL FLAG BRUZELDERF"
Tattland said: "Did I just accidentally attack Quelsh"
The Garmillas Empire was an intergalactic Empire. A remnant group of the Garmillan people crashed on earth, where they were given refuge by Brusseldorf.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:28 pm

President Lee re-elected
Surprise coalition formed in Parliament

Presidential Election
Candidate Party Votes
Tor Tong Lee Republican Party 2,738
Yoram Nash United Left 1,128
Joshua Rademacher Liberal Party 701
Evandrus O'Mooney Fascist & Ultranationalist Union 317
Efraín Flores Lista de Valladar 111
Ashfaq Alfarsi Islamic Union 75
Aylmer Gladwin People's Party 51
George Bourdillon Progressive Greens 49
Maxwell Romanov Royalist Party 40
Wamalwa Botha Defiance Coalition 39
Gladwine Hayden People's Communist Party 14
TOTAL 5,263
Needed to Win 2,632
SCOTT CITY - President of the Republic Tor Tong Lee was re-elected by the Electoral Convention on the first ballot, with 2,738 votes out of 5,263, 106 votes more than the total needed for election. Lee will fill Darmen's highest position for a third term of four years, which he has promised will be his last term in office unless he can reduce unemployment to below 12%.

While Lee's re-election wasn't much of a surprise, the governing coalition he and his Republican Party has formed in Parliament is. Ten seats short of a majority, the Republican Party was joined by its usual coalition partners in the Lista de Valladar and the People's Party, who would likely have still joined the governing coalition even if the Republicans had a majority by themselves. With only eight seats between the minor parties however, the coalition remained two seats short. A continuation of the previous coalition with the United Left and their 52 seats seemed excessive and unnecessary, but Republican parliamentary leaders, including Speaker of the Parliament Alex Quinn, made it clear that they had no intention to govern with only a minority in Parliament.

The Republicans refused to join forces with the Liberals due to the unwillingness to commit to membership in the Common Rushmori Community. They likewise refused to even acknowledge an offer made by the Fascist and Ultranationalist Union, as pretty much every party in Parliament, has so far sought to isolate the far-right party. The Royalists were not considered for partnership, as despite their general agreement with the Republicans on economic and social issues, Maxwell Romanov's demands to be re-crowned as Duke of Darmen fly in the face of the Republican's republicanism.
3rd Lee Cabinet
Office Holder Party
President Tor Tong Lee Republican Party
Vice President Donald O'Donahaue Republican Party
Foreign Affairs Kalyn Schröder Republican Party
Defense Manfred Penzig Republican Party
Interior Gunter Rier Republican Party
Finance & Treasury Agnes Maier Republican Party
Justice Shaye Ryskamp Republican Party
Education Florinda Freud Republican Party
Labor Lucília Dam Republican Party
Health Dianna Quinn Republican Party
Energy Morten Wilmer Republican Party
Astronomy & Research Efraín Flores Lista de Valladar
Culture & Sports Nur al Din Lambert Republican Party
Postal Services Aylmer Gladwin People's Party
Environment Lorraine Summerfield Progressive Greens
Transportation Enfys Ness Republican Party
Commerce Diggory Moore Republican Party
Infrastructure Jacó Herzog Republican Party
Telecommunications Cátia Strohkirch Republican Party

To the surprise of many, it was the 3 MP's of the Progressive Greens who were called upon to join the governing coalition. Normally opposed to the Republican Party on both economic and social issues, the Progressive Greens were wooed into joining the coalition by a generous offer from Republican leadership. Not only would the Progressive Greens be given control over the Department of the Environment, but the Republicans also promised significant legislation with regards to gender equality as well as speeding up Darmen's transition to 100 percent clean energy by as much as ten years. That transition, currently known as Plan 2075, has been underway for seven years with only limited progress made so far. A hastened transition was one of the Progressive Green's main campaign platforms and with the acceptance of the Progressive Greens into the coalition, its become clear that they're willing to forgo some of their other goals to achieve real change in the energy sector.

President Lee made sure the Republican's pledge to improve gender equality would be viewed as credible with his cabinet appointments; five of the six new Republican cabinet members are women. The present cabinet will have 11 men and eight women members, compared to the previous cabinet's makeup of 15 men and four women. The appointments are also not token ones, with Kalyn Schröder appointed to the crucial position of Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs and Shaye Ryskamp appointed the new Justice Secretary. The lone male addition to the cabinet, Jacó Herzog, will head the Infrastructure Department.

Other Headlines
  • Darmen demolishes Mytanija 5-0, Cup of Harmony awaits anyways
  • Dept. of Astrony & Research still unsure why rocket failed
  • Energy sector drags stock market down: DSEM falls 3.5%
  • Woman of the Year Announced: Surprise, it's your Mom!
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Port Ember » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:03 am

Port Ember Times

The Tridents grabs yet another draw in the Cup of Harmony

Port Ember 3 - 3 Huelavia

By Erica Davies - Port Ember Times Sports Section

The Tridents have managed to pull of a 3 - 3 draw against Huelavia in yeserday's Cup of Harmony match in Eastfield Lodge. This marks the second consecutive draw for the Tridents in this years Cup of Harmony group stages run.

This exciting match was part of the Cup of Harmony 75 Group Stages, and was the second match for Port Ember as part of this prestigious tournament co hosted by Eastfield Lodge where the match took place.

This match was played at the East Monksville Park; Eastfield Lodge - a 45,230 capacity stadium.

The Game - Summary

The match saw both sides looking on good form, and determined to snatch a victory. All in all this match was a fast paced and entertaining match.

The match commenced with both sides pushing hard on the offensive, with Fernando Gonzalez from Huelavia forcing keeper Peter Smith to work hard to stop an attempt at goal in the opening minutes.

Port Ember returned the favour shortly after as a lightning attack was launched by the midfield, peaking with Steve Rogers scoring after he broke through the right flank of the opposition, giving Port Ember an early 1-0 lead.

Huelavia punished the Tridents for this as they launched constant and technically sound attacks, with their star player Patrick Petit finally capitalising a gap in the backline and scored from distance. This goal even had Port Emberian fans applaud the skill of Petit.

Port Ember once again awnsered to this aggression as they launched high octane offenses and Danny Nicovic missed a shot over the bar shortly after. A close and frustrating shot.

Minutes before the first half concluded, Huelavia's Lionel Rossi struck home for the oppisition again, entering the break with a 2-1 lead for Huelavia.

The second half looked identical to the first, as both sides continued launching attack after attack, getting oppertunities and getting close on numurous ocasions - forcing both Keepers to earn their salary. Momentum started to change, and Port Ember's revenge seemed possible for a moment as Danny Nicovic and Raymond Reddington managed to finish off with excellent flair and skill - pulling up a 3-2 lead. However with Huelavia remaining dangerous and persistant, star striker Fernando Gonzalez managed to score a brilliant 90th minute goal, tying up the game and concluded it with a bitter-sweet draw.

The Fans

Although Port Emberian fans have become very (in)famous around the world for their massive passuon and loyalty, always filing stadiums no matter where the matches are being played, this time it was different as only a few thousand Port Emberian fans were present, compared to their normal tens of thousands attendance. Those present however were their old selves - cheering loudly and supporting their team proudly. This poor attendance is contributed to the oppressive laws of the host nation.

Port Emberian Player Scores

Goalkeeper (GK)(#1): Peter Smith - 7/10. Could not have done anything about the three goals which came past him, but did stop many other shots at goal with his normal ruthless effeciency.

Center Back (CB)(#2): Josh Richards - 6/10. Stuggled to find his rhythm in the first half but made up for it in the second half with solid technical defence.

Center Back (CB)(#3): Jason Lee. 7/10. 'The Prince of the Backline' was not on his best form as we have come to expect from him, but did not do all bad, as he managed to pull his backline together after a period of poor play in the first half.

Full Back (LB)(#4): Alex Kuhn - 6/10. Struggled to show off his potential and made silly mistakes. His only redeeming feauture was his excellent fitness.

Full Back (RB)(#5): Russel Pierce - 6/10. Struggled to show off his potential and made silly mistakes. His only redeeming feauture was his excellent fitness.

Attacking Midfield (AM)(#10): Ray Reddington - 9/10. The match was truly a 'Midfield Match' as most action occurred here. The captain was on great form, displaying both his excellent individual skills and organising abilities. He also scored a masterpiece goal in the second half.

Defensive Midfield (DM)(#6): Steven Packard - 7/10. Was instrumental in shutting down the constant attacks and setting up counter attacks, regularly linking up well with Reddington, displaying an improved chemistry between the two.

Wide Midfield (LM)(#8): Jason Chamberlain - 6/10. Performed well in the defencive role, working hard to place presure on the opposing midfield. However he failed to capitalise on numurous gaps left by the opissition - failing to set up attacks and possible goals.

Wide Midfield (RM)(#11): Steve Rogers - 7/10. Failed to effectively to shut down attacks as he normaly does, but did manage to create a few excellent counter attacks. He also manages to score a excellent goal when he snapped apart the opposing flank.

Central Forward (CF)(#7): Leon Moult - 8/10. His keen eye and fitness combined with his chemistry with he rest of the team allowed him to exhaust and frustrate the opposition.

Central Forward (CF)(#9): Danny Nicovic 7/10. The star striker looked good and worked hard during the entire match, but failed to bring forth his special brand of flair which he is known for. A tad dissapointing for a striker of his calibre. He did atleast score one magnificent goal.

Match Stats

Match: Port Ember Vs Huelavia.

Result: 3 - 3 Draw

Goals - Port Ember: Steve Rogers; Ray Reddington; Danny Nicovic

Goals - Huelavia: ) Patrick Petit; Lionel Rossi; Fernando Gonzalez

Man of the Match - Port Ember: Raymond Reddington

Aftermatch word from the Coach

"I am obviously a tad dissapointed in the fact that we failed to finish with a win, but thats okay. The lads played a strong game and worked hard. It was an exciting and hard fought game, and I feel both sides deserves a pat on the back. We went into the match as underdogs yet managed to show the world that we are no pushovers." Coach Baxter

Port Ember Times

The Tridents prepares to face off against 95x in the Cup of Harmony Group Stages

Pre Match Analysis & Interview

Port Ember will face off against 95x in their third match of the Cup of Harmony group stages, to be played at one of the designated cup stadiums of Easfield Lodge.

This match marks the first time that these two teams will meet on the football field, and once again Port Ember is tagged as the underdogs.

Team Stats Analysis

95x:

This team is ranked as the 33rd best team in the world currently and has proven to be a formiddable and historic team on the international field. Like Port Ember, they partook in the last World Cup Qualifier Run, where they failed to qualify, yet performed well enough to be invited to this years Cup of Harmony. They are entering this match as the match favourites, ranking 66 spots higher on the international rankings.

Port Ember:

This team is ranked as the 99th best team in the world currently and has proven to be a formiddable and adaptable new team on the international field. Like their opponents, they partook in the last World Cup Qualifier Run, where they failed to qualify, yet performed well enough to be invited to this years Cup of Harmony.

From a pure statistics point of view, 95x is entering this match as the slight favourites. However both sides feels as if they have something to prove and will thus go out swinging for the fences.

Team Analysis - Port Ember

Offense: The technical offensive skills of the team is on suberb form. The chemistry between their starting striker duo and their midfield creates amazing attacking oppertunities. Also their signature 'Bait Ambush' tactic is still a highly effective tactic, proven to be effective at this level of football.

Midfield: Traditionally the strongest component of this team, under command of the amazing Reddington. The midfield has so far always been a dangerous element to its oponents, acting as an attacking defence and sets up the front line well with attacking oppertunities.

Defence: The backline has struggled in the last few matches and is showing some serious signs of 'falling apart'. Coach Baxer needs to make a desperate change here as it will continue to cost him matches if he cannot fix this serious problem.

Goalkeeping: Analysts have nothing but praise for Peter Smith the starting goalie. The young man is a legend in the making.

Substitutes: The team has a impressive line-up of substitutes, whom have received field time recently, adding possible depth to the team when needed. The extra attention they have received from the assistant coach is sure to play a important role as well.

Team Morale & Cohesion: The 4 year youth program is paying off dividends, as the team has excellent cohesion and on-the-field chemistry.

Current Form: The Tridents have played well in their last two matches, grabbing 2 consecutive draws against two stronger sides.

Typical Gameplan: Their typical system of tiring out and frustrating their opponents in an attempt to pull their 'Bait Ambush' is a risky play which can easily go wrong and concede a goal. However when it works, it is highly effective, and so far this is still effective on this level so far.

Team Analysis - 95x

Offense: This side is known to favour a balanced game, unlike the high octane type of offense of Port Ember. They have a experienced and technic lineup in their strikers.

Midfield: This team has a impressive, skilled and multi layered midfield, serving as a dangerous defence/counter attack tool for the team. Analysts have nothing but praise for their technical midfield.

Defence: This teams defence is on par with the rest of the team, being well rounded and balanced.

Goalkeeping: Once again, a component with talented and experienced players.

Substitutes: The team has a impressive line-up of substitutes, filled with some of the best and freshest talent hailing from 95x, adding possible depth to the team when needed.

Team Morale & Cohesion: The team has displayed that they are highly motivated and more than prepared to put the work in to finish the job. They also have the look of a unified, well oiled team.

Current Form: Their current form is not looking too good, as they have lost their drawn their previous match against Dreamplanet with a final score of 0-0. Also, Dreamplanet was considered a weaker team before the match commenced.

Typical Gameplan: Unknown at this time.

General Remarks

Port Ember will finally face a team who might possibly match their high fitness levels. However the 95x side contains more technically skilled and experienced players. If Port Ember wants to do something here, they will have to rely on applying constant pressure.

Starting Line-Ups

Port Ember

Goalkeeper (GK)(#1): Peter Smith.

Center Back (CB)(#2): Josh Richards.

Center Back (CB)(#3): Jason Lee.

Full Back (LB)(#4): Alex Kuhn.

Full Back (RB)(#5): Russel Pierce.

Attacking Midfield (AM)(#18): Ray Reddington.

Defensive Midfield (DM)(#6): Steven Packard.

Wide Midfield (LM)(#8): Jason Chamberlain

Wide Midfield (RM)(#11): Steve Rogers.

Central Forward (CF)(#7): Leon Moult.

Central Forward (CF)(#22): Danny Nicovic.

Team Kit

Port Ember have announced that they will play with their primary kit in their upcoming match.

Pre Match Interview with Port Emberian Coach - Stuart Baxter

Erica Davies: Morning Coach. So two draws in a row. Must be frustrating to get so close to winning.

Stuart Baxter: Morning Erica. It is a bit frustrating yes, but its still a fine result. Both draws were against more powerfull teams, so its not all bad.

Erica Davies: So coach, you are going into the next match as the 'Underdogs'. How does this make you feel?

Coach Baxter: Well Erica, no different than every match we have ever played. We have ALWAYS been the underdogs.

Erica Davies: Are you worried about the next game?

Stuart Baxter: I wont say that I am worried no. Look 95x is a hell of a team - they have years of experience over us - and ranked 66 spots above us. But that makes me excited., it gives us a chance to prove ourselves against the greatest teams in the world, and just makes us a better team at the end of the day.

Erica Davies: So for the next game, any changes in your gameplan, based on your opponents play?

Stuart Baxter: Indeed actually. It is not a large change, rather a few improvements to our play. And we will also hammer on a few weaknesses we have noticed from the opposition.

Erica Davies: Good awnser! Lastly, prediction for the upcoming match?

Stuart Baxter: I know our opponents are an excellent team, so we will be going out with guns blazing. Even if things needs to get physical, we are bringing our A Game!
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:10 am

NO GOALS? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Dreamplanet get their first 0-0 draw in a very long time, historians unsure.

Following that stunning win over HUElavia, Dreamplanet were held back with a score that hasn't been seen in a very long time, historians are unsure if Dreamplanet even had a 0-0 scoreline before but even so, it was a crucial point for Os Tricores.

That doesn't mean that there were no chances, both teams decided to be more defensive knowing that both could potentially go through in a 1-2 even without winning this game, so the game was rather civil, as if both sides had agreed to draw the game and neither risked hard, Luis Silva had a chance hit the post but that was about it for Dreamplanet in the first half.

In the second half, it was 95X's turn to have a shot as Diego Dodongo saw his effort parried by Filipe Vaz and Micah Morrison couldn't score the follow-up, the match stood at 0-0 with boos ringing around the stadium, the fans had turned up to see what could've been a very good match, and they got a drab non-affair.

However, this means that Dreamplanet are 2 points ahead of 2nd placed Port Ember and Dreamplanet will have a bye before facing Port Ember in the match that could put them through to the Round of 16, Dreamplanet seems to be better against stronger teams with the win over Eura a big moment, if Dreamplanet gets a point or more against Port Ember, they can no longer be eliminated in the Group Stage, while Dreamplanet will want to be top of the group, it is comforting to know that Dreamplanet only needs to get a point in 2 matches to stay safe.

95X 0 - 0 Dreamplanet
(None - None)
Lodgertia, Damukuni

Fixtures:
September 6th - MD1: Dreamplanet 3-1 HUElavia
September 7th - MD2: 95X 0-0 Dreamplanet
September 8th - MD3: Bye
September 9th - MD4: Dreamplanet vs Port Ember
September 10th - MD5: Timuria vs Dreamplanet

Group F Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Dreamplanet 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
2 Port Ember 2 0 2 0 6 6 0 2
3 Timuria 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
4 95X 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
5 HUElavia 2 0 1 1 4 6 −2 1

Qualified for Round of 16
Round of 16 Play-off
Eliminated
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Timuria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:35 am

Government Plans For Investment and Reform in Football and Beyond

by Ümit Direnç

The government's experiment in professionalising sport, while it may not have the best of intentions and is manifestly a political act akin to "bread and circuses" has nonetheless been a success in terms of engaging many millions of people across the country. Whether it is the relative success of the ragtag Superleague in engaging audiences, though primarily on streaming services rather than filling the rather inadequate stadiums, or the surprising success the national team has enjoyed with a remarkably competitive World Cup Qualification campaign that earned them an invite to the Cup of Harmony where they opened their campaign with a credible 3-3 draw with Port Ember.

The Minister for Sport Professionalisation, a newly created role in the government headed by sports enthusiast and former successful Infrastructure Minister Turgay Mahir has already set out an ambitious plan of improving footballing infrastructure, including 4 stadiums already approved and expected to be ready for the next World Cup cycle. This is on top of a further 4 stadiums expected to be approved this year or next year based on negotiations and consultations with the Football Federation.

There have also been leaked plans for the medium term future of football in Timuria, with potentially serious implications for the structure of the economy in the long run. What is certain however, is that the TimLig will be reorganised into 3 divisions of 18 teams with a full pyramid system below these main leagues. This has been long expected with the popularity of the game across the country and the lack of diversity in the geographic distribution of teams in the TimLig system. The expansion will mean that 18 new teams will enter the TimLig and make up the new Amateur Division with several regional divisions below allowing access to the system for the best lower league teams.

The leaked plans included a change in the ownership structure of each team. Currently each and every team is held by an arms length state owned trust that is always managed by an ally of the government. According to the leaked plans there are already plans for fan-owned trusts to takeover a controlling share of the clubs meaning that fans would in effect control the clubs they support through their associations. While the government would still hold enough of the clubs to have a say, they could be overruled. This represents a big step as it is the first time that anything approaching private ownership has been even countenanced if the documents are to be believed. While it would in practise mean that club chairpeople are chosen democratically by members, the trusts themselves would be completely outside of the government or other organised labour's grasp.

This is something that would be considered a very positive step for the country. For too long the potential of this nation has been impeded by ideological constraints and isolation. While this isn't a perfect system and the government is likely to demand very steep prices for controlling shares from fans. At the very least Football could provide a model for acceptable social enterprise in a market context. If the experiments with football are successful we could see this not only expand to other sports with popular bases in the country, such as Gridiron, Ice Hockey and Basketball, it may also become a model for the gradual liberalisation of the nations economy at large. We hope that Mr Mahir's plans are genuine and are not watered down when actioned and that our national team and our sporting world may reap the benefits for years to come.
The Artist Formerly Known as Kose

If you remember me from ages ago, send me a TG to say hi.

Baptism of Fire 71 Co-host

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:58 am

Lodger City Memorial Stadium, Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge
Right after the first match of the Cup of Harmony – Hapilopper 1-4 Drawkland
Cooter Harris stormed off the pitch before anyone else. He had had enough of giving up goals that he shouldn’t have given up. His confidence had been shot and it was obvious. He just wanted to go home. There was no amount of convincing that anyone could do otherwise to keep him. He had shouldered all of the blame for what had been a terrible stretch of games for the Hapilopper National Football Team, and it only continued with this 4-1 shellacking by the Drawkland Kick Corps.

“Cooter, what are you doing? You can still do this,” Thom Perkins said to Cooter.

“Stop lying to me, coach,” Cooter replied. “You know, I just need to take some time off and then I’ll be good. Just put someone else in at my spot.”

“Cooter, it’s just a slump,” Thom pleaded. “You can still do this.”

“Maybe I can, but I need some time off. Just put someone else in and we’ll all be good. I’m going home tomorrow to clear my head.”

“YOU ARE NOT GOING HOME TOMORROW!” Thom roared. Other players were starting to take note of what was a serious situation at the goalkeeper’s position, and the players were starting to realize that, no, Cooter was not OK.

“Oh yeah I am,” Cooter responded. “I can’t keep giving up goals like this. Put Rod Hughes or Colt Delaney in my spot and we’ll be fine. They’re good goalkeepers and they can get the job done. I just, I can’t.”

“Do you even realize what you’re doing?” Thom asked. “Are you even thinking this through?”

“Yeah, Thom, I am,” Cooter snapped. “Do you have any idea how demoralizing it is to stand there at goal and try to stop an attack when they just keep coming and you just can’t stop them from scoring all the time? I want to just go away for right now. Just let me be. I’ll come back next time and I’ll be a lot better than I was.”

“So, you’re going to quit on us?” Thom roared. “Just like that? God damn it, Cooter, you’re the captain of this team! You need to be there for us, not just cut and run with your tail between your legs just because you had a few bad games! I mean, holy shit, man, so you had some bad games. I had some bad games in my time and I never ran away from people! I mean, we’re not going to grow this team if we’re going to run off like a scalded dog every team we get beat.”

“Are you saying I quit on you?” Cooter said, walking right up to Thom. This situation was getting ugly. Other players started walking towards the goalkeeper and the head coach, who at this point were a few inches away from each other.

“Don’t you dare tell me I quit on you,” Cooter continued, now with a little bit of venom backing up his words. “I’ve been here for this team since day one. I’ve been out there every single day practicing and trying to better my game. I’ve been out there tooting the horn of the Hapiloppians since the day we got started. Tell me I quit again. Just do it. See what happens.”

“Cooter, you quit. You’re a quitter.”

That was it. Cooter hauled back his right fist and was about to deck Thom when Ernie Stevenson and Eli Tyrrell grabbed the goalkeeper. The other players got in between the goalie and the coach, and a situation that could have been extremely violent was quickly stopped as the whole team had to stop Cooter. He was tired of losing, and he was tired of giving up goals.

So was Thom. When cooler heads prevailed, Thom agreed that maybe Cooter needed some time off to clear his head. Rod Hughes would become the starting goalkeeper until further notice, with Colt Delaney serving as his backup. And maybe, just maybe, the team could see if it was Cooter that was the cause of this recent bad run of results, or if it was something else. The team needed to do something – anything – to get the results that the team was supposed to get, but, for no explainable reason, the team had not gotten.

Hapilopper City International Airport, Conyers, Hapilopper
The next day
When Cooter Harris landed at HCIA the next day, there was none of the fanfare that surrounded the team when it got back from the World Cup Qualifiers. There was none of the celebrations, and none of the well-wishers. Nobody even knew he had come back. That was probably for the best. Cooter didn’t want to see anybody, nor did he want to really converse with anybody about the game of football. He wanted some time away from it.

After navigating the maze of Hapilopper City’s airport, he finally made it back to his truck, his old 1979-vintage Major M-200 and drove off. He lived a few miles west of the city proper, in a suburb known as Dunnigan, a town of some 6,500 that was known for, well, nothing, actually. It had a few parks, two stoplights, a Mel’s Ultra-Mart, a couple of all-night diners, and that was it. Cooter stopped by one of those all-night diners, where he, totally unnoticed, stopped in for a nice breakfast of chessy scrambled eggs, country ham and hashbrowns.

Nobody knew he was there. If they knew, they might not have talked so loudly about “that poor goalkeeper who they just kept scoring on.”
A couple of old friends sat at the counter. They looked to be in their 60s. Good ol’ boys, if you will. They had watched the match the day before, and they kept talking about how Cooter had blown it.

“Man, we might have done pretty well if that goalie there could have just stopped the ball,” one man said.

“Yeah, you said it. I bet he won’t be there for the next game.”

Cooter wanted to jump out of his seat and give those gentlemen the business, but that wouldn’t have been a good thing. He didn’t want anyone to really know he was back home. He didn’t want anyone to recognize him. He just wanted some quiet time, away from the maddening crowds and away from the pressures of being the starting goalkeeper for the Hapilopper National Football Team.

After that breakfast, Cooter drove over to Lake Beavers, where he had a little fishing boat. He wasn’t intending to catch any fish. He wanted to relax on the lake, listen to some old music and drink some beer. That was his way of relaxing. That was the only thing he needed.

STARTING LINEUP: Hapilopper v. Joshenia
GK: #30 – R. Hughes; DEF: #2 – N. Seward, #4 – S. Dukes, #5 – N. Ellis, #3, C. McLain; DEF. MID: #7 – D. Morse, #6 – P. Taggart; OFF. MID: #9 – S. Erickson, #10 – B. East, #8 – M. Hunnisett; FWD: #11 – E. Stevenson
BENCH:
FWD: #14 – J. Cornett; MID: #16 – S. Long, #18 – S. Swindlehurst, #75 – E. Terrell; DEF: #37 – P. Carlisle, #28 – D. Armistead; GK: #60 – C. Delaney
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:56 am

Flavovespia 1–2 Eraman

Flavovespia were minutes away from their first points, but a last minute winner for Eraman left them without a point halfway through their Cup oh Harmony. A tough result for the Hornets, one that shows just how hard International Football tournaments are, and one the team will need to learn from and put behind them for their final 2 group games.

Nick Cole didn't see fit to change the starting 11 of Flavovespia, and they lined up in their yellow shirts, and black shorts and socks. Eraman were donned out in their Prussian Blue kits, with their predominately young squad. The 3-5-2 of Flavovespia lined up against the 4-4-3 of Eraman.

Flavovespia almost scored in the very first minute. From the kick-off, Steven Hall got the ball 25 metres out. Seeing Scott Coleman and Andrew Mason well marked, he went for an optimistic curling shot towards the corner. It was hit on target, but with not enough pace or curl, and Mikla Kala in the Eraman goal saw it all the way into their hands.

Despite this early effort, it was Eraman looking the more dominant. The 3 at the front was a nuisance for Flavovespia, with the wide attacking midfielders trying to exploit space between the wing backs and centre backs of Flavovespia. Perda Nasar had 2 early shots flash narrowly wide of the goal, and the front 3 of Eraman were looking strong.

Eraman made their first half pressure pay off in the 29th minute. Karipa Senawang played a good ball through the centre, and Anri Limus beat Mark James to it. Just inside the area, Limus put his laces through the ball, and drove it hard and low, beyond the diving David Meehan. 0-1 it was, with the higher ranked team taking the lead.

Flavovespia pushed on to find an equaliser, but weren't able to fashion out a clear-cut chance for the rest of the first half. They came in at half-time 0-1 down, with the possibility of taking a point or three not completely gone, but looking harder now they were behind in this encounter.

Coming out in the second half, Eraman continued to look the stronger side, with Flavovespia struggling to create chances, and not doing much with the limited chances they managed to get. In response, Cole switched out Andrew Mason for Ramon Martin, to try and inject some pace into the attack of Flavovespia.

Eraman continued to get forward, and in the 63rd minute were very close to a second. Kili Munawi was goalside of the Flavovespia defence, however his attempt at a curling shot beyond Meehan wasn't struck well enough, and it floated over the bar, the attacking midfielder looking frustrated to have blown such a good opportunity.

In the 70th minute Flavovespia managed to finally score in the Cup of Harmony. Hall played Martin in, and the striker was looking for a shot. Forced out wide by Mahar Mina and Mardi Selamat, Martin performed a quick turn and cross back towards the goal. Scott Coleman was able to beat Waka Sentri with a diving header, that was beyond the reach of Mikla Kala, and into the goal. 1-1 now, and Flavovespia had just 20 minutes and injury time to try and hold on for a point.

Eraman however sensed a winner. The midfield pushed up, pinning Flavovespia back. Maddox looked tired, and Patrick Cannon came off the bench as the substitute, Flavovespia effectively playing a 5-3-2 now. Karipa Senawang tested the Flavovespian goal with a long range shot, that grazed the top of the crossbar.

Finally just as the 4th official board went up to indicate 5 minutes of injury time, Eraman got the winner. Perda Nasar broke down the wing, and cut inside of Cannon. The ball was laid off to Limus, but rather than shoot he nudged it back into the path of Nasar. Clear of the defence, Nasar had an 8 metre shot to beat Meehan, and he did it comfortably, putting Eraman 1-2 in the lead. They were the better team, but it was a bitter pill for Flavovespia to concede so late, after similar instances in the World Cup qualifiers.

With one sub left, John Calvert departed for Jonathan Feld, with the latter taking up a left midfield position, going to a 3-5-2. Despite some attempted gung ho long balls, sadly Flavovespia couldn't get anywhere near a good goalscoring opportunity, Eraman happy to sit back and hold the 1-2 lead. The game finished that way, Eraman now on 3 points, with Flavovespia sadly pointless.

Siovanija and Teusland, also of Atlantian Oceania are up next for Flavovespia. The Hornets will be looking for at least a point this tournament, to give their fans something to cheer for, even if they are one of the lowest ranked sides at the Cup of Harmony.

Domestic News

With news of amateur sides being introduced to the Flavovespia Gold Cup, the FFA has announced plans to begin exploring the expansion of the full football pyramid, to open up promotion and relegation to further levels. This move hasn't come as a huge surprise to many, despite some protests from Alliance sides (currently Levels 4 and 5 of the pyramid).

The big challenge for the FFA is to come up with a suitable structure for promotion and relegation. Currently it looks like the goal is to have 2 down from each of the 4 Alliance Division 2 (Level 5) leagues, and to have either 4 or 8 Level 6 feeder leagues. At the moment it is believed there are 6 leagues definitely in consideration to become part of the pyramid, and the preferred route is believed to be trying to introduce 2 new leagues to create an 8 league Level 6. The FFA will oversee the leagues that become part of the full pyramid, but are keen to stress that local autonomy is important.

News of this has been mixed, but there's a lot of positive signs. For some of the amateur teams and older teams who were names cropping up in the classic era of the Gold Cup, and before the likes of the GWNFA, they see it as a chance to return to the pyramid, and the system they thought had left them behind. The move could also allow grassroots football teams to work their way up the system. Critics however, include many of the 96 Alliance teams, who feel like the threat of relegation requires them to restructure significantly, and many would struggle if they fell into the local leagues.
Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:29 am

THE ROCKET REPORT

ROCKETS START CUP OF HARMONY RIGHT

by Brianne Henry,

Heading into the Cup Of Harmony, Newmanistan has the worst rank of any team within their group. Start laughing, because that is something that we have been dealing with ever since this Cycle stated. Despite the Rockets success in finishing second in their qualifying group and advancing to the playoffs, the sky blue is not going to be seen as a threat to advance out of Group B. That may be just how they like it. This is a team that has exceeded expectations once they started getting rolling during qualifying. That took a few games, but they are there now.

Newmanistan had a bye day on matchday one, and I am reminded that long ago we used to always joke that in soccer tournaments, or in anything, that if teams are going to have bye days during a group stage, you can pretty much pencil in that Newmanistan will have theirs on matchday one. With the familiarity upon us, and the opportunity to scout the Busoga Islands closely in their opener against the other sky blues, Krytenia, a game that ended scoreless, Newmanistan hoped to have material that could prepare them for the opener. I sat down with manager Miguel Hernandez to discuss the team, the opening 2-0 win, and the future.

Henry: Miguel, let me start by congratulating you on a fantastic effort against Busoga Islands. 2-0 victory that saw the team really execute very well. You had them from the get go.

Hernandez: When you are off in the first matchday, there is an advantage and a disadvantage. The disadvantage is that you don’t have a rest day. Off days on the first or last matchday don’t offer that, where if it occurs in the middle of the schedule, the off day is a rest day. We have been well rested. So, you have to take the advantage, which is that you will be able to closely scout your first opponent.

Henry: Busoga Islands were shutout against Krytenia, and now with your shutout, they have gone 180 minutes of scoreless soccer against teams wearing sky blue.

Hernandez: We liked how Krytenia executed against them from the defensive end, and took what we learned. Our formations and defensive schemes against them were executed well, and that is all that matters. You can plan it up as much as you want, but if the game plan is not executed, it does not mean anything.

Henry: Derek Schaefer had both of the team’s goals. He has been better as more games have been played, is that attributed to team chemistry?

Hernandez: I think so, our national team does not get a lot of chances to play up to this point, because as you know even now in the Campinato Esportiva, different personnel were used. The simple fact that they can consider themselves a national team has created the scene of community and chemistry amongst them. They came together so well in the qualifying stage, and I think you will continue to see them improve.

Henry: They have the potential to improve, but the question is whether or not they will continue coming back. It should not be considered a given that the team will return in World Cup 84. Or should it?

Hernandez: I assure you and anyone listening that I am not coaching a one hit wonder team. I wouldn’t be here if the Emperor said this was going to be it. The intention is there now for us to return every cycle. There is no way the fans will allow the Emperor to not bring us back, there might even be a coup if he didn’t.

Henry: Newmanistan is coming off a World Baseball Classic where they played extremely well in the group stage, but were then stunned in the first round. Do you think part of the fan’s enthusiasm over this team is in response to have a feel good story after that disappointment?

Hernandez: I am not sure about that. As a team, it is not something we talk about. But for the fans, is it an uplifting thing after having a downer tournament in the tournament we are best in? I guess you could say that. But it is my hopes to have the soccer team get to the level of the baseball team. I am not crazy to think this way, there is no reason why we cannot, and I want to get us into that World Cup soon.

Henry: You seem to have a lot confidence.

Hernandez: I do because I believe in this team. I know qualifying for the World Cup is something for down the road, but long term goals need to be there, and for us, it is. A good run in the Cup of Harmony can be a start.

Henry: That is true. On that, I must wrap this up, thank you for your time.

Hernandez: Thank you!
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:37 am

THE HAWKS FLY LOW IN 6-GOAL DEFEAT

Goalscorers: Tamgu; A.Nekir 42'(P) 'Fleft; V.Zima 13', 67', K. Dagen 32', C. Pearson 54', R. Edwards 80'
Other: M. Afolayan RED CARD 79'

OOC: Guess I deserved this.

Tamgu have been shocked by Abanhfleft with a score of 5-1. The Tamguna fans were furious after this game, but the manager Albin Nerovod has told in his interview that he expected the Fleftic team to dominate the game as they were just too good for Tamgu. When he was asked of the previous draws his answer was that Abanhfleft were a rising power just like Tamgu, and they had risen higher than them. However, he has told that he didn't expect this many goals in their net. The counter-attacking side of Abanhfleft found a quantity of green space in the Tamguna defense, and found it easy to dominate the midfield although Tamgu had more midfield players. Tamgu struggled to play through the middle as they usually do, and were pushed to the wings, where they were, by one full back more than the other, expertly dealt with.

Tamgu obviously had chances in the box, none that really troubled the keeper, but he had to make some challenging saves around the end of the first half and middle of the second. On the other end of the pitch, Toy Estogas had a...disappointing performance with only 2 saves. The goals conceded cannot be blamed on him, but everybody rightfully expected him to save a little more. The defense in front of him were probably the best performing positions, going to show how poorly Tamgu has played. They were able to stop a number of incoming attacks while failing to keep up with some. The midfield hardly did anything this game, passing sideways in Fleftian midifeld, mostly failing, not even being able to keep the ball in challenges and giving horrible "through passes" to the Strikers. Speaking of which, the pair of strikers almost didn't do anything to mention apart from hitting the post in 66' and getting a penalty in 42'. Their service was just embarassing.

Match Stats
Posession: TMG %59- %41 ABF
Shots(ot): TMG 7(4)-16(7) ABF
Fouls(os): TMG 6(1)-11(5) ABF
Passes: TMG 433- 140 ABF
Pass %: TMG 77-82 ABF

There's a lot to be learned from this big defeat, and the manager has quickly started training to fix the issues in midfield. The scouts' report about 'Fleft has been deemed not sufficient and straight up incorrect at times. They have been fired according to a close friend of Nerovod. Nothing official as of now. There is something official however, Uruke Mantes has officially been dropped from the 1st XI for Yann Ulsima.

UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

CoH75 Part 1

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Continued from Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8
This post refers to events that take place in a post I didn't have time to write properly, which would have been Change of Seasons, 9. Work's been kind of shitty lately, and I didn't want to halfass the final chapter. I'll probably put it together retroactively and post it to my newswire some time this week. Essentially, it was to be an emphatic rejection of the Imperial demand that the Confederacy give up its claims to Squornshelan footballing records.

Change of Seasons, 9

There had been only silence from the Imperium. This was not particularly unusual; the Imperium had maintained near complete isolation and silence for the better part of 80 years. Its effect was unusual though. A year ago no one would have considered silence from the Imperium to be anything other than business as usual. Now, SCFA president Ailen Koirala found herself preoccupied with trying to predict the next move the Imperials would make. She had no illusions that the dispute was far from over, but weeks had now gone by since she had rejected their demands. If they had held a presser of their own, or filed a motion with the WCC that would be one thing. The ominous pause filled her head with half-baked specters of assassins, military action, and other absurd notions, each one more insane than the last. In most cases, these possibilities would have been, well, impossibilities, but the Imperium had never been a sane government. Subject to the whims of an autocrat, with its own collective egoism informing decisions more often than not, it was a government that had proven time and again that there was very little it was not prepared to do.

At least the teams performances so far had given her some peace of mind. The decisions to show confidence in Donnell's ability to lead the team past a disappointing qualifying effort, and to leave the roster more or less unchanged had paid off. The opening match against Terre Septentrional had been a clinical display of possession-based defensive play, marred only by a late attempt at an offside trap that sent Zajaczkowski in alone against Munib. The second match had generated quite a bit of media attention, not only for the fact that it was the meeting between the two highest seeds of Group B. It had also become a focus for the continuing story of her refusal to relinquish the claim to the old records. In fact, Krytenia had been the most frequent Squornshelan opponent during the WC5-WC41 stretch, with the two teams meeting no fewer than 11 times with the record completely even.* With all of these factors combined, the match had been one of the hottest tickets in the Damukuni half of the draw. Leaving the obligation to hobnob with dignitaries behind for a few hours, Ailen had flexed a little influence to invite a dozen or so friends and family to share the box seats she rated, hoping she might actually get a chance to enjoy the match.

The buzz of the crowd at Nagamoro Cricket Complex as the Cyan and White, and the Black and Red took the field against each other for the first time in a century was electric, and the visiting supporters of both teams were in full voice as their respective anthems were played. Ailen was able to relax and thanks to being in the Damukuni half of the draw, actually enjoyed a beer as she watched the Black-and-Reds open up an early lead on a strong dribbling run and strike from Jzvanic, who had found his legs just a bit quicker than the Dragon defense. Even with Krytenia claiming possession for the majority of the half, a trend which allowed them not only to equalize, but to establish a one-goal lead of their own, Ailen was optimistic. She hadn't doubted whether Donnell and her roster were capable of this type of performance, but having one's confidence justified is always a good feeling. Despite watching the Confederates struggle to make headway against aggressive Krytenian defensive pressure, her overall feeling of optimism persisted as the referee whistled the end of the first half.

The match, which had already lived up to the hype through 45, continued to deliver in the second half. Coming out trailing by one, the Black-and-Reds put forth a spirited effort, and had found an equalizer off the head of Ajao before ten minutes had passed. Level at two, both sides continued to push forward, the Confederates knowing that winning their second straight would be a huge step toward clinching advancement, and the Krytenians no doubt aware that with only a single point from their first match, a loss or second draw would put them in a very difficult position going forward. As a result, neither team looked content or comfortable, and with the talent on the field so evenly matched, there were a number of chances for each side to reclaim the lead, and Ailen found herself at the proverbial edge of her seat with tension. With fewer than fifteen minutes remaining, it was the Confederacy who finally found the back of their opposition's net, in no small part through mischance on the part of the defenders. A long free kick from Damot had fallen to the foot of Joel, whose thunderous clearance only made it as far as the back of Mariner's head. The abrupt change of direction left all 22 players flat-footed, and before anyone could react, the ball had careened past Washington and in.

Not long thereafter, as the Dragons set about laying siege to the Confederate goal, Ailen's phone rang. At first glance, with no number displayed, she flexed her thumb intending to decline the call, but she noticed something that made her pause. Restricted - CPB, was all that showed on the phone's softly glowing screen, not just Restricted. This call was from someone at the police bureau. Shit. Just when things were looking up. She held the phone to her ear.

"Ailen Koirala, who is this?"

"Ms. Koirala, Major Farid Ruoho, Confederate Police Bureau, I'm sorry to interrupt your evening, but I felt this call couldn't wait."

"You have my attention, Major."

"There's a limit to what I can share with you tonight, but what I can tell you is that our people monitoring Imperial net activity have identified indicators that there may be an operation in progress targeting our participation in the Cup of Harmony."

"An operation in progress?"

"I can't be more specific at this point, but I'm increasing the security detail for the team and all SCFA personnel and other VIPs in attendance. Truth be told, we aren't convinced at this point that there is any physical threat to the team or anyone else, but its an easy precautionary measure. Captain Dzegtarin will liase with you and Ms. Donnell to coordinate any new security measures she feels are appropriate."

"You're not exactly putting my mind at ease, Major."

"I wish I could say more Ms. Koirala. Every effort is being made. Good-bye."

The line went dead and Ailen returned to her seat. She watched, stone-faced as the Dragons, who had equalized in her absence, threw everything forward, hoping to steal the win. She stood and applauded woodenly after an incisive counterattack by the Black-and-Reds gave them the lead, with Zonde scoring the winning goal off the bench. Her eyes drifted, unfocused across the teeming crowd as she stood to head down to the dressing room to greet the team, knowing that any of those individuals might be an Imperial agent. She shook hands and gave congratulations to the team and coaching staff, and issued appropriately optimistic quotes to the media present, all the while cursing the mischance that had thrust her into this nightmare.

Black-and-Reds Cup of Harmony 75 Schedule and Results:
Group Stage:
MD1: SRS 3-1 Terre Septentrionale
MD2: Krytenia 3-4 SRS
MD3: SRS v Newmanistan
MD4: Busoga Islands v SRS
MD5: Bye

*Won't be home with access to my historical results spreadsheet until after cutoff, if memory serves the prior record between Squornshelous and Krytenia was 4-3-4.
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

Timuria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:05 pm

Harmony is Fleeting Chapter 3:

In the aftermath of the match against Port Ember

Bekir sighed from the sidelines as the final whistle blew, piercing through the crowd noise. The team didn't look like one that had just secured a last minute share of the points. He went over to shake hands with his opposite number before he guided his players down the tunnel. He wanted to reassure them after they had played so well to even get the draw after spending so much of the match engaged in a slugging match with a team that was as good as them and even seemed to have the upper hand at various points.

He stepped into the locker room, where the atmosphere felt as if any joy that was to be had at all had been sucked out, he stepped onto a chair and called out, "What's wrong?"

Vatan's eyes darted away as he said, "It's nothing coach we're just having personal issues." The team muttered in agreement as Bekir looked at them confused.

"What do you mean personal problems?" He turned around the room to see the players all looking remarkably downcast, "Wait this isn't about the laws here is it?"

Iskender spoke up, "It's not just that I guess." He spoke in a flat tone, "It's just that, some of us aren't used to this sort of place. Especially not for so long."

Caner joined in, "Yeah I suppose we feel a bit homesick?"

The team murmured in agreement again as Bekir stepped down, "Look guys, I know it's hard and I know that each of you have your own reasons to be unhappy. I mean do you think I'm happy?" He asked rhetorically, "I've got problems too and I set them aside every day so that we can be as prepared as possible to win."

"But we didn't win." Came the comment from a player behind Bekir whose voice he couldn't quite place among his squad.

"We didn't and that's okay. Sometimes we need to take time to get used to where we are. If you guys want we can take the day tomorrow, get the team doctor to speak with each of you to make sure that you're in the right frame of mind?"

"That sounds... nice actually." Ertan spoke up. "But maybe we should train to make sure we're not stuck on one point after two matches? We can put it aside guys right."

The team looked sceptical and Bekir was unsure. Until the voice of his despondent player, with the best reason to be spoke up. Hasan called out, "We should train. Then after the second match we should see the doctor." The eldest player on the squad had spoken.

"Are you sure?" Iskender asked him, "I mean I know you're not doing well because of the... spousal laws here."

"I'm sure. If the team needs me I'm ready and everyone else should be." He looked to Bekir, "It'll give us time to think through what our problems are. Maybe even you could do with it coach?"

Bekir was taken aback. It was a rare thing indeed for someone to even consider the manager's feelings on a team. Slightly stunned he stammered, "I-I have had some problems. Yes. Maybe I could use it too?"

Ozbek interjected, "Only thing is we wont get any of that sweet LSD they give you for therapy back home." The team all began to remember positive experiences and exchange anecdotes as the mood seemed immediately lifted by the teams resident narcotics consumer.

The mood freshly lifted Bekir called out to the room, "So are we feeling okay about that match?"

"Yes coach." Came the somewhat brightened reply from the whole team.

"And we're going to do what in the next match?"

"Win."

Bekir decided this was a good time to jest with his players, "Whoa now. Winning? Are you guys sure we're ready for that?"

The atmosphere fell flat as the team deliberately had decided not to humour their coaches particular jokes.

"Oh come on. Like that was the worst joke you've ever heard."

"It wasn't far off." Came the reply from Ozbek as he quickly darted into the showers as the team snickered and Bekir collected his bag.

"No funny business tonight. Lights out by 10:30. See you all for the team meal." Bekir swiftly departed the locker room for the bus where he would begin to plot out how he meant to win the next match.

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:38 pm

The 75th Cup of Harmony - MD3

With your fans behind you, you'll feel like you have the Strength of a Thousand Men. Cutoff for MD3.

Group A
Xanneria 4–3 Ancherion
New Lusitania and the Algarves 0–0 Saintland

P Group A                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Xanneria 3 3 0 0 11 7 +4 9
2 Ancherion 2 1 0 1 6 6 0 3
3 Damukuni 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
4 Saintland 3 0 1 2 3 5 −2 1
5 New Lusitania and the Algarves 2 0 1 1 1 3 −2 1

Group B
Squornshelan Remnant States 1–1 Newmanistan
Terre Septentrionale 1–0 Krytenia

P Group B                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Squornshelan Remnant States 3 2 1 0 8 5 +3 7
2 Newmanistan 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
3 Terre Septentrionale 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
4 Krytenia 3 0 1 2 3 5 −2 1
5 Busoga Islands 2 0 1 1 0 2 −2 1

Group C
Darmen 3–3 Abanhfleft
Mattijana 2–3 Sajnur

P Group C                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Darmen 3 2 1 0 14 6 +8 7
2 Abanhfleft 2 1 1 0 8 4 +4 4
3 Tamgu 2 1 0 1 6 7 −1 3
4 Sajnur 3 1 0 2 8 12 −4 3
5 Mattijana 2 0 0 2 2 9 −7 0
Last edited by Eastfield Lodge on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

Omerica
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Omerica » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:49 pm

|omerica| |politics| |region| |world| |sport| |culture| |science| |lifestyle| |video|

An SFRD Lifestyle Series Part Three: You thought cooking was no longer simple?
You can take your cooking game to an entirely new level with magic

Candles create a great atmosphere during your dinner!

Holding a seance is simple!
1. Select a suitable object to seance. Seats are best. Some of people hold seances in their own homes or even in hotels and resorts. Be sure the seat is the desired height relative to the rest of the structure. Prepare the seance seat by taking the following small sections out of a piece of plywood that has been drilled at a 90-degree angle to form a rectangular shape. Mark the inside edge of the seat by cutting a hole approximately two inches in diameter with a utility knife. These holes should be drilled at a 45-degree angle to the seat frame. Using sharp one-centimetre drill bits, drill three holes in each of the five corners of the seat, one at each corner for each side.

2. Hold the seance. You do not need to make any changes to your seance. Just make sure nothing you are thinking of makes a sound as the person sitting within the door calls out. The door will likely crack when the person opens it and you must take some action immediately.

3. At this point you need to open the door. If the people within the door are too loud, don’t open the door. If they are too soft, then open the door and stand outside the door. If you are outside the door, turn the sound system on and put the people outside the room somewhere quiet. This doesn’t mean they have to leave but you want them to be somewhere they won’t be easily distracted by your yelling. If they keep their voices down, then open the door and get outside. You need to do this a few times to really build a connection with the person sitting in that door. If they are in line, move forward and speak with them. You should have a clear idea of what you want them to do. If they are in line outside the door, speak with them.

4. As a seance progresses, begin to think about each object you want to think of during your seance. Think about everything but the person sitting right within the door. Once you choose an object, hold the seance until you are ready to leave. As a seance progresses, begin to think about each object you want to think of during your seance. Think about everything but the person sitting right within the door. Once you choose an object, hold the seance until you are ready to leave. If you are not ready, or you get a little distracted, just continue with the seance. There’s always another opportunity when you are ready. You can call or see a priest or priestess right away; the best time is just before your seance.

5. When preparing to leave, you will have to re-seal the seance and then seal the door. Remember that you may have to turn the seat down when opening and closing the door. In each case, you will want to have three seals. The first seal is an ordinary seal such as that commonly found on any keystone. This will act as a lock or key. The second seal is a special one: the seal used by a seal specialist. This seal will allow you to open the door and the other sealed room of the seance. You will know it as the “seals on the wall” seal. The third seal is a special seal which only the person who placed the three seals through them will be allowed to use. That is the seal used to seal up the second door of the seance, or to seal up the third. The reason why they used a special seal is that you are not allowed (even though it is a very rare occurrence for a non-licensed seances) to open the door with other people outside, and it takes a specific set of people who know exactly what seals to use to open all.

Cooking with ghosts is simple!
1. Remove all of your dishes, pots, pans and grills from the cooker that will burn them! Have your food out ahead of time in an airtight container. If possible, keep items in plastic bags, rather than glass Tupperware containers for fresh foods. If possible, keep items out of the dishwasher! This will help prevent food from going bad. When preparing food, always put a lid on the dishwasher.

2. Mix spices, herbs, and broth into a pot on the stove, then heat the pot over high heat on HIGH, stirring occasionally, to release their flavor. Stir until the buttery, fragrant mixture boils. Stir, cover, and set aside at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Strain all the soup out of the pot and heat it in an oven safe pot. Pour the cooked soup back into the pan.

3. Stir in cooked beans, chopped onion, carrots, celers, and bell peppers, and let cook until a few of the beans have been cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the onions and garlic and heat it over high heat with a generous amount of oil. Add green beans and stir until cooked through. Add more beans if desired.

4. Add shredded chicken, cooked corn, brown rice, and cook in batches, until beans are cooked and heated through. Add chopped tomatoes, chopped peppers, and green onions for garnish or as an accompaniment to the meat, green beans, roasted corn, and cornbread. Serve the burritos with refried beans, salsa or guacamole.

5. To serve, top with tortilla chips or cheese sticks, fresh cilantro and lime wedges in a small bowl. Thank your undead friend for taking the time out of their busy schedule to join your for this experience. You guys are a pretty awesome bunch. Also happy to report we now have a full board, although I still have to try to convince the other two board members to sit on the same side of the table.

We hope you enjoy your dinner!⚜️
For your reading pleasure
▶ Computer and cheese exporters are alarmed as the florin continues to rise against the universal standard dollar
▶ Saint Emelie 0–2 Omerica: a brace from George Palmeiro picks up a first win in Eastfield Lodge for the Incorrigibles
▶ “I’d like it there if there was coffee”: the Omericans who are just okay with not having to stay in Banija for the World Cup
▶ Twelve counter-protesters are sent to hospital after being assaulted by far-right demonstrators in western Port-des-Saints
United Republican Soccer Federation
6 Jacques la Rouge Road
Port Alexandre, AM 18-A40
UNITED REPUBLICS OF OMERICA
Saint Emelie 0–2 Omerica

Cup of Harmony 75 group stage — Matchday Two
Vorgan Park, New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge

Goalscorers: George Palmeiro 14’, 79’
Omerica line-up: Drew Durant; Jet Sneyders – Charity Kayode – Jesús Cruz – Marine Roldan; Alex Rodrigues – Sean Tester; George Palmeiro – Robin van Tyn (captain) – Martin la Rouge; Édouard Bouchard
Substitutions: Jet > Felix Zanetti (56’), Roldan > Jodie Barton (56’), Bouchard > Jean-François Fernand (85’)

Omerica v Saltstead
Cup of Harmony 75 group stage — Matchday Four
Vorgan Park, New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge

TLA: OME, HUClavia
iTLD: .or
Demonym: Rubbish Omerican
Every Omerica football match
Omerica – 27/09/2017
Any further and our feet will probably be in our stomachs
Kanoria - 27/09/2017
I for one love the reflux uniquely generated by self-gluttony of limbs, where the flesh meets the acid
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕
CONCORDIA VNIVERSALIS
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Saltstead
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saltstead » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:00 pm

The Beet

The Beet Rundown: Firing Tlanx-Nulzk Hal, discovering talking llamas and our new partners
The Beet provides you with a full, not-in-depth rundown of everything you need to know that may possibly be happening in the world!

We agree with our new friends at SFRD, fire indeed makes everything better!

New Lodger City — The fact that Saltstead are here right now is a failure. We have made no secret of the need to motivate head coach Tlanx-Nulzk Hal and we remain steadfast in our opinion that the only way to accomplish this is by firing them.

Continuously, as I am sure you are aware.

We suggested using wizards from the Dreamed Realm to bypass the problem that setting Tlanx-Nulzk on fire would have the unfortunate side effect of rendering them deceased, but were ultimately unsuccessful in procuring the services of any. However, we believe we may have found a wizard willing to work with us in the borderlands near Kryosis.

And with our fantastic, unparalleled negotiating skills, we have managed to negotiate the best price for his services. Unbelievable price. And we even managed to pay him in totally inflated yen, so all those stacks we ordered would not go to waste. Wizard gets paid, we get rid of our totally inflated yen, Tlanx-Nulzk Hal gets motivated and the Saltsteadish people get to watch better football. Everyone wins!

We, unlike the rubes at the Royal Saltsteadish Football Association, are not afraid to do the necessary work to make the Stallions great again. We’re sitting in the lofty towers of the Royal House of Sport—what a pretentious name that is—but are rather down here among the people.

On second thought, this is all starting to sound a tad… ominous. Let’s forget we even brought it up.

─────

Berg-an-de Gräns — In a shocking finding, scientists affiliated with The Beet Institute of Knowledge discovered a herd of llamas living in a remote, previously unexplored valley, on the border with Kryosis. In a stunning revelation, these never-before-seen llamas spoke perfect Saltsteadish.

Llamas are not native to the island of Cyanea, having been domesticated elsewhere. However, according to research completed at the Institute of Knowledge, llamas were sent to Cyanea to be bred to provide meat and fibre, though their domestication was unsuccessful due to the llama’s aversion to humans. When the llamas were finally released back into the wild, they went on to spread along the borderlands that separate Saltstead from Kryosis.

According to our scientists, llamas like mountains, meaning the mountainous borderlands would be the perfect habitat for them. However, the ability to speak human language is unusual. It is still unknown to the Institute of Knowledge what the purpose of the llamas were for, but what we can say for certain is that they were a gift from God.

The llamas will be housed in a new animal park, to be operated by a private company, which will be responsible for both the management of the area and the care of the animals. As well as llama habitat and a public park, the company is also creating an educational centre where the llamas will be placed under the care and protection of the local community. The park is expected to host at least 300 llamas, which will be part of the centre from July of next year.

─────

Port-des-Saints — It has come to the attention of The Beet’s specialist knowledge finders that Omerica’s Système fédéral de radiodiffusion—“Federal Broadcasting System” for people who are not pretentious—has liberated itself from the tyranny of facts.

The new series in the outlet’s Lifestyle section has been a refreshing break from the monotonous tedium of complaining and whining that so often dominates these kinds of media institutions. We here at The Beet are proud to be part of a new, different tradition that provides people fun articles they want to read!

The Beet has always provided a variety of entertainment on a variety of topics for our readers. From the early days to more recent times, The Beet has been known for its coverage of local news, culture, technology, food, science, pop culture and so much more. This paper has also provided a variety of entertainment for our loyal fans, especially those of you who love to read our articles at your leisure or watch our new live televised series.

We welcome a brand new partnership with Omerica’s largest state-owned media outlet. It is not just an endorsement for our products and services; it is also one that benefits our employees in the communities they serve and the communities that they will be part of.

On the heels of the partnership announcement, we have received some interesting feedback on Twii.tur as to why SFRD are taking this bold new direction and why we are announcing a collaboration with the media company. From a handful of folks who do not seem to realise why they are staking out this new niche, the first line of thought seems to be that something is wrong in Omerica. We thoroughly disagree; this is avant-garde, this is unique and this cannot be anything other than a baroque move to attract new audiences who dislike the taste of chicken feathers.

But let us not get ahead of ourselves. We will not make any promises about the outcome of this announcement at this juncture, but based on some of our recent experiences, this new partnership will be one that benefits Saltsteaders and Omericans alike. —TB
Last edited by Saltstead on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TLA: SAL(T)
iTLD: .zs
Demonym: Saltsteader
Adjectival: Saltsteadish
Qusmo - 06/08/2019

Maybe the real World Cup title was the friends we made along the way.
We are and shall be
Saltstead
Nothing more, nothing less

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

95X Cup of Harmony 75 MD 2 RP

Postby 95X » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:17 pm

95X 0, Dreamplanet 0
Anyone wondering why and how Chaya and Rhiannon Concord-Fourteenth, both 33, remain on the starting lineup for the 95X National Team need only watch the match against Dreamplanet.

Dreamplanet easily outplayed their rank and led both offensive possession and scoring drives, yet the Concord-Fourteenths were there for the defensive stops the 95Xers needed to avoid a loss.

95X Head Coach Katelynn State admitted after the match the 95X offensive efforts were lackluster.

“Had we taken advantage of opportunities, we might be sitting on three points right now. But we’ll focus our efforts on our upcoming matches.”
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014

Postby Damukuni » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:35 pm

The 75th Cup of Harmony - MD1

Groups D-G, Matchday 3

Group D
Joshenia 1–1 Hapilopper
Eastfield Lodge 1–0 New Saria
  Group D                 Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Eastfield Lodge 2 2 0 0 5 0 +5 6
2 Drawkland 2 1 1 0 6 3 +3 4
3 New Saria 3 0 2 1 3 4 −1 2
4 Joshenia 3 0 2 1 2 6 −4 2
5 Hapilopper 2 0 1 1 2 5 −3 1

Group E
Saltstead 4–1 Saint Émelie
Freeport 0–0 Mareibat
  Group E                 Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Saltstead 3 3 0 0 10 2 +8 9
2 Mareibat 3 1 1 1 3 4 −1 4
3 Omerica 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
4 Freeport 2 0 1 1 1 4 −3 1
5 Saint Émelie 2 0 0 2 1 6 −5 0

Group F
Port Ember 2–1 95X
Timuria 1–3 HUElavia
  Group F                 Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Port Ember 3 1 2 0 8 7 +1 5
2 Dreamplanet 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
3 HUElavia 3 1 1 1 7 7 0 4
4 95X 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 1
5 Timuria 2 0 1 1 4 6 −2 1

Group G
Eraman 0–2 Main Nation Ministry
Siovanija and Teusland 3–1 Flavovespia
  Group G                 Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Main Nation Ministry 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
2 Siovanija and Teusland 2 2 0 0 6 3 +3 6
3 Brusseldorf 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
4 Eraman 3 1 0 2 4 6 −2 3
5 Flavovespia 3 0 0 3 2 7 −5 0
Last edited by Damukuni on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Port Ember » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:45 am

Port Ember Times

The Tridents grabs victory over group favourites in the Cup of Harmony

Port Ember 2 - 1 95X

The Tridents have managed to pull of a 2 - 1 victory against 95x in yeserday's Cup of Harmony match in Eastfield Lodge. This result has the Tridents on top of the Group F table for the time being, as part of this years Cup of Harmony group stages run.

This exciting match was part of the Cup of Harmony 75 Group Stages, and was the third match for Port Ember as part of this prestigious tournament co hosted by Eastfield Lodge where the match took place.

This match was played at the East Monksville Park; Eastfield Lodge - a 45,230 capacity stadium.

The Game - Summary

The match saw both sides looking on good form, and determined to snatch a victory. All in all this match was a fast paced and entertaining match.

Port Ember seems to have slightly changed its gameplan compared to their previous two matches, back to the gameplan which they developed back in the World Cup Qualifiers earlier this year - and it paid off.

The first half saw the 95x side push hard on offense from the onset - with striker Diego Dodongo managing to grab a early goal in minute 14. This gave the 95x side a confidence boost and thy continued launching a legion of offences. This offencives never amounted to any real threats as the Port Emberian backline held firm as they defended like madmen, stopping the hail of offences time and again. The old coined phrase of 'Iron Wall of Defence' sprung to mind.

The first half came to an end with 95X leading 1-0, and a casual observer would have deduced that Port Ember was on the back foot - holding on with a solid defence, but unable to commit to the offence. The energetic and passionate Port Emberian crowd knew better - and you could feel their excitement - they knew what was about to follow. They have seen it before and knew the trap was sprung.. The 95X side was visibly exhuasted and bruised - they overextended themselves in the first half and was about to pay the price.

The second half commenced and Port Ember made a few strategic substitutes: Captain Reddington shifted from the Offensive Midfield to Defencive Midfield positions, and Steven Packard was then substituted for William Carvello, and striker Leon Moult was substituted for Ryan Bowman.

The second half then commenced with Port Ember looking like an entirely different team as they went on the offence - launching a barrage of attacks. The opposing 95X side was visibly tired by now whereas the Tridents still looked fresh. The continued using their superior fitness and high octane offense to their advantage and managed to score twice despite the brilliant and technical defence of 95X. Danny Nicovic scored in minute 56 and sub striker scored in minute 71, both attacks being set up by sub midfielder Ryan Bowman by exploiting gaps in the opposing midfield.

The match ended with a final score of 2-1, much to the delight of the team and the fans - they managed to defeat the highest ranked team in the group with relative ease.

The Fans

Although Port Emberian fans have become very (in)famous around the world for their massive passion and loyalty, always filing stadiums no matter where the matches are being played, this time it was different as only a few thousand Port Emberian fans were present, compared to their normal tens of thousands attendance. Those present however were their old selves - cheering loudly and supporting their team proudly. This poor attendance is contributed to the oppressive laws of the host nation.

Port Emberian Player Scores

Goalkeeper (GK)(#1): Peter Smith - 7/10. Could not have done anything about the one goal which came past him, but did stop many other shots at goal with his normal ruthless effeciency.

Center Back (CB)(#2): Josh Richards - 7/10. This player was on excellent form as he managed to shut down attack after attack in perfect cohesion with the rest of the backline.

Center Back (CB)(#3): Jason Lee. 8/10. 'The Prince of the Backline' was back to his excellent self. He organised his backline with ruthless effeciency and executed many brilliant tackles.

Full Back (LB)(#4): Alex Kuhn - 7/10. He used his physical at fit stature to dominate the attackers, so much that the opposition started to avoid his flank in total.

Full Back (RB)(#5): Russel Pierce - 7/10. Displayed excellent technical skills to shut down the constant attacks and managed to steal posession on numurous ocassions.

Attacking Midfield (AM)(#10): Ray Reddington - 8/10. The match was truly a 'Midfield Match' as most action occurred here. The captain was on great form, displaying both his excellent individual skills and organising abilities.

Defensive Midfield (DM)(#6): Steven Packard - 7/10. Was instrumental in shutting down the constant attacks and setting up counter attacks, regularly linking up well with Reddington, displaying an improved chemistry between the two.

Wide Midfield (LM)(#8): Jason Chamberlain - 6/10. Performed well in the defencive role, working hard to place presure on the opposing midfield. However he failed to capitalise on numurous gaps left by the opissition - failing to set up attacks and possible goals.

Wide Midfield (RM)(#11): Steve Rogers - 7/10. Failed to effectively to shut down attacks as he normaly does, but did manage to create a few excellent counter attacks.

Central Forward (CF)(#7): Leon Moult - 8/10. His keen eye and fitness combined with his chemistry with he rest of the team allowed him to exhaust and frustrate the opposition.

Central Forward (CF)(#9): Danny Nicovic 8/10. The star striker looked good and worked hard during the entire match, and once again managed to bring forth his special brand of flair which he is known for. Scored a beautifull goal.

Player Scores - Substitutes

Attacking Midfield (AM)(#18): William Carvello 9/10. Managed to bring new life to the game and led the Tridents through a period of constant offensive play, setting up numurous attempts at goal and creating gaps in the opposition lines. Well deserved player of the match award.

Central Forward (CF)(#22): Ryan Bowman 8/10. Brought an impressive and fresh play to the front, causing nightmares for the opposition defence. Scored a masterpiece goal.

Match Stats

Match: Port Ember Vs 95X

Result: 2 - 1 win for Port Ember

Goals - Port Ember: Danny Nicovic; Ryan Bowman

Goals - 95X: Diego Dodongo

Man of the Match - Port Ember: William Carvello

Aftermatch word from the Coach

"I am obviously excited in the fact that we managed to pull off the win. We were rated as the underdogs going against the group favourites. We managed to get the job done and we played to our strengths. This result will give us a much needed morale boost and help us in the future of the tournament." Coach Baxter

Port Ember Times

The Tridents prepares to face off against Dreamplanet in the Cup of Harmony Group Stages

Pre Match Analysis & Interview

Port Ember will face off against Dreamplanet in their fourth match of the Cup of Harmony group stages, to be played at one of the designated cup stadiums of Easfield Lodge.

This match marks the first time that these two teams will meet on the football field, and once again Port Ember is tagged as the underdogs.

Team Stats Analysis

Dreamplanet:

This team is ranked as the 64th best team in the world currently and has proven to be a formiddable and historic team on the international field. Like Port Ember, they partook in the last World Cup Qualifier Run, where they failed to qualify, yet performed well enough to be invited to this years Cup of Harmony. They are entering this match as the match favourites, ranking 35 spots higher on the international rankings.

Port Ember:

This team is ranked as the 99th best team in the world currently and has proven to be a formiddable and adaptable new team on the international field. Like their opponents, they partook in the last World Cup Qualifier Run, where they failed to qualify, yet performed well enough to be invited to this years Cup of Harmony.

From a pure statistics point of view, Dreamplanet is entering this match as the slight favourites. However both sides feels as if they have something to prove and will thus go out swinging for the fences.

Team Analysis - Port Ember

Offense: The technical offensive skills of the team is on suberb form. The chemistry between their starting striker duo and their midfield creates amazing attacking oppertunities. Also their signature 'Bait Ambush' tactic is still a highly effective tactic, proven to be effective at this level of football.

Midfield: Traditionally the strongest component of this team, under command of the amazing Reddington. The midfield has so far always been a dangerous element to its oponents, acting as an attacking defence and sets up the front line well with attacking oppertunities.

Defence: The backline has struggled in the last few matches, but has displayed excellent form in the last maych, shutting down a barrage of well planned attacks.

Goalkeeping: Analysts have nothing but praise for Peter Smith the starting goalie. The young man is a legend in the making.

Substitutes: The team has a impressive line-up of substitutes, whom have received field time recently, adding possible depth to the team when needed. The extra attention they have received from the assistant coach is sure to play a important role as well.

Team Morale & Cohesion: The 4 year youth program is paying off dividends, as the team has excellent cohesion and on-the-field chemistry.

Current Form: The Tridents have played well in their last three matches, grabbing 2 consecutive draws and one win against stronger sides.

Typical Gameplan: Their typical system of tiring out and frustrating their opponents in an attempt to pull their 'Bait Ambush' is a risky play which can easily go wrong and concede a goal. However when it works, it is highly effective, and so far this is still effective on this level so far.

Team Analysis - Dreamplanet

Offense: This side is known to favour a highly offensive game, much alike the high octane type of offense of Port Ember. They have a experienced and technical lineup in their strikers.

Midfield: This team has a impressive, skilled and multi layered midfield, serving as a dangerous defence/counter attack tool for the team. Analysts have nothing but praise for their technical midfield.

Defence: Arguably the weakest component of this team, as they place heavy focus on their offence.

Goalkeeping: Once again, a component with talented and experienced players.

Substitutes: The team has a impressive line-up of substitutes, filled with some of the best and freshest talent hailing from Dreamplanet, adding possible depth to the team when needed.

Team Morale & Cohesion: The team has displayed that they are highly motivated and more than prepared to put the work in to finish the job. They also have the look of a unified, well oiled team.

Current Form: Their current form is not looking too bad, as they have won with an impressive 3-1 against Huelavia, and drawn 0-0 against 95X.

Typical Gameplan: Unknown at this time.

General Remarks

Port Ember will finally face a team who is equally offence orientated, posessing much of the same strengths and weaknesses. Port Ember lacks the technical skills of their opponents, but posseses superior fitness levels. This is boding to be a entertaining yet tough match. If Port Ember wants to do something here, they will have to rely on applying constant pressure.

Starting Line-Ups

Port Ember

Goalkeeper (GK)(#1): Peter Smith.

Center Back (CB)(#2): Josh Richards.

Center Back (CB)(#3): Jason Lee.

Full Back (LB)(#4): Alex Kuhn.

Full Back (RB)(#5): Russel Pierce.

Attacking Midfield (AM)(#18): Ray Reddington.

Defensive Midfield (DM)(#6): Steven Packard.

Wide Midfield (LM)(#8): Jason Chamberlain

Wide Midfield (RM)(#11): Steve Rogers.

Central Forward (CF)(#7): Leon Moult.

Central Forward (CF)(#22): Danny Nicovic.

Team Kit

Port Ember have announced that they will play with their primary kit in their upcoming match.

Pre Match Interview with Port Emberian Coach - Stuart Baxter

Erica Davies: Morning Coach. So a beautifull win against 95X! What a morale booster!

Stuart Baxter: Morning Erica. Thank you! It certainly is a morale booster. It always feels good when you are predicted to loose terribly, and then continue to pull of a beautifull win. It also helps that 95X is rated as the 3rd best overall side in this tournament. I am very proud of the lads - their hard work is paying off.

Erica Davies: So coach, you are going into the next match as the 'Underdogs'. How does this make you feel?

Coach Baxter: Well Erica, no different than every match we have ever played. We have ALWAYS been the underdogs.

Erica Davies: Are you worried about the next game?

Stuart Baxter: I wont say that I am worried no. Look Dreamplanet is a hell of a team - they have years of experience over us - and ranked 35 spots above us. But that makes me excited., it gives us a chance to prove ourselves against the greatest teams in the world, and just makes us a better team at the end of the day.

Erica Davies: So for the next game, any changes in your gameplan, based on your opponents play?

Stuart Baxter: Indeed actually. It is not a large change, rather a few improvements to our play. And we will also hammer on a few weaknesses we have noticed from the opposition.

Erica Davies: Good awnser! Lastly, prediction for the upcoming match?

Stuart Baxter: I know our opponents are an excellent team, so we will be going out with guns blazing. Even if things needs to get physical, we are bringing our A Game!
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

Timuria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:53 am

Red Wolves Pay For Mistakes

by Tufan Nursultan

Timuria 1–3 HUElavia
Ertan Renda (77);Patrick Petit (33), Cristiano Aveiro-Lima (53), Andres Gallego-Calderon (65)

The Red Wolves now lay at the bottom of the group standings after a tough defeat to HEUlavia who managed to take advantage of the national team's lack of cutting edge in the final third. The result leaves the national team's chance of progression on life support as the path to qualification now demands that the national team be victorious in all of their remaining matches and even then they still may not have done enough to qualify.

The match began with the Red Wolves very much on the front foot as they created several chances in the first third of the match. With Vatan Ercetin guilty of both squandering the chances he was given by the excellent service he received from the three advanced midfielders and his habit of taking one too many touches that he seemed to only really develop in the past match. Ertan Renda also tested the HUElavian keeper from an excellent free-kick that stung the palms of Ricardo Carreiro-Couto as he pushed it wide.

The deadlock would be broken against the run of play after a wayward pass across the goal by Osman Hasanoglu would be pounced upon by Patrick Petit who lifted the ball over Saban Inekci who had dived far too early. The shock goal left the Red Wolves scrambling as their defensive organisation began to rapidly deteriorate under even modest pressure from their opposition. If not for the HUElavian's profligacy in front of goal the national would have seen any chance of being competitive in this match extinguished in the first half.

The second half began with the same troubles exposed, with Osman Hasanoglu earning a yellow card for a reckless tackle made in desperation that resulted in a free-kick that was tipped over the bar by Saban. However, the HUElavians extended their lead with a well taken goal from outside the area by Cristiano Aveiro-Lima whose shot was too hot for Saban Inekci to handle as he barely got his fingertips on it. Their scoring would finish after a catastrophic mistake from Vatan Ercetin caused him to scuff a shot wide in front of an open goal and the quickly taken goal-kick led to a fast counterattack that allowed Andre Gallego-Calderon to lob the ball over Saban.

With the match well out of reach, Vatan had another opportunity to pull a goal back, this time skying his shot into the top of the stands, meaning he was brought off in favour of late game magician Mehmet Karaman. He would later provide the assist to the consolation goal collected by Ertan Renda who hit the ball with what looked like all his pent up frustration that seemed to strain the fibers of the net with its force. The match would end with little meaningful action as the Red Wolves fell to a defeat they could have done without.

Elsewhere in the group, the bye results left 95X and Dreamplanet with a share of the points as they played out a dull 0-0 draw and HUElavia and Port Ember repeated the latter's score against the Red Wolves with another thrilling 3-3 draw. At the same time as this match Port Ember pulled out an excellent 2-1 victory over struggling group favourites 95X who have fallen to fourth place in the group.

What they said after the match:

Bekir Altingunes: "I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say things didn't go well today. I don't enjoy coming here and speaking to you all when that's the case, but I also owe it to this team and to the people who pay my salary to be honest and say that things went wrong and it's my fault. I can't be in a position where I'm standing here in front of you after the next match and saying that again. That just can't happen."

Vatan Ercetin: "Honestly I'm not sure what's wrong and it's not even that something has to be wrong. Sometimes things just don't go your way and that's football. We pick ourselves up and we get ready for the next match."

Player Ratings:

Saban Inekci 5/10 - He struggled today and looked very off the pace. Though he managed to provide two exceptional saves, he looked out of his depth today.

Ozbek Sarikaya 5/10 - Appeared to really struggle through long stretches of the match.

Osman Hasanoglu 4/10 - Made several very basic errors that have caused some to question whether he's able to perform in high pressure situations.

Eyup Mustafa 5/10 - Was made to look "good" by his centre-back partners dreadful performance, will be saved from the bench for now.

Gokdeniz Dag 5/10 - Had a similarly bad day to Ozbek. Will need to pick up if the national team are to have any chance.

Atilla Acar 6/10 - His energy is always a welcome sight, but it was for nothing today.

Yusuf Ihsanoglu 5/10 - Very much looked off the pace and incapable of providing either attacking impetus or a defensive screen, will rightly be dropped.

Tayyar Ozel 6/10 - Disappeared again, but didn't look like a liability in the defensive game, will start the next match with a lot of eyes wondering why he's not producing.

Ertan Renda 7/10 - Always able to provide a silver lining on the cloudiest days, but he will need the team around him to provide some help.

Caner Turan 6/10 - His skill is undeniable, but today he looked as invisible as Tayyar. Not a good look for such a highly rated player.

Vatan Ercetin 4/10 - Snatched at his chances, looked off the pace and even let his frustration get the better of him. Will be relegated to the bench.

Substitutes:

Tuna Rustemoglu 5/10 - Came on and struggled, clearly not the answer to this team's defensive woes.

Hakan Diren 6/10 - Looked able to provide what Yusuf could not, will start the next match.

Mehmet Karaman 5/10 - Thrown on to see if his last second magic could provide again, it didn't and it wasn't really his fault.

Man of the Match: Cristiano Aveiro-Lima - He got an excellent goal and was generally a thorn in the side of the defence, more than deserves the recognition he got for his performance in the match.

Player of the game for Timuria: Ertan Renda - In a day of overt negatives he provided the lone positive and still looked sharp. It's become clear however, that he can't do it all by himself.

The next match: The Red Wolves will have to urgently figure out what the issue is as they come up against Qualification rivals 95X who are also struggling towards the bottom of the group. The result and performance in this match has been used to justify significant changes to the starting XI with it likely to look like this (changes in italics):

12. Iskender Nur
2. Ozbek Sarikaya
3. Eyup Mustafa
13. Metin Boz
5. Gokdeniz Dag
6. Atilla Acar
17. Hakan Diren
7. Tayyar Ozel
10. Ertan Renda
9. Caner Turan
14. Ismail Burhan

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:19 am

THE ROCKET REPORT

ROCKETS ADD POINT

by Brianne Henry,

Jorge Cortez powered home a 85th minute goal, giving Newmanistan a late point in their game against the Squornshelan Remnant States, and improving the team’s record to 1-1-0. Newmanistan sits second on the table, with a game in hand on everyone not named Busoga Islands. It is a good start, but of course, there is plenty more soccer to be played.

Newmanistanian fans that made the trip to Damukuni have been enjoying themselves, and have been utilizing the social media hashtag #notEastfieldLodge whenever they can. The most common thing for fans to do is to show pictures of themselves drinking adult beverages and simply having a good time. Another common thing is couples giving each other a kiss on the cheek and using the hashtag. Eastfield Lodge has some elements of an interesting place to visit with it existing in a separate dimension and all, but unfortunately they have proven that it does not matter what dimension a nation may be in, they still may be a backwards nation. One of the best images using the tag was from Hannah and Scott Franklin, who made the trip from Pocono City to Damukuni. While in their car after the game, Hannah (who was not driving, and wearing a low cut top that was rather revealing) was holding an alcoholic beverage while their two kids in the back were eating a popular chocolate bar. She leaned over and gave her husband a kiss on the cheek as they waited in the long line of traffic to exit the stadium. This image would break a total of four Eastfield Lodge rules while a fifth would be a violated for not following “a request”. Hannah tossed in middle finger emojis while using the tag. One image, from Robert Heely, of Putnam Lake simply said, “Eastfield Lodge: a tourist destination for the 70 and up crowd.” Well, seniors do need a good place to go, I suppose. Another couple showed a video of them making out for brief period of time at the stadium, which was motivated when they heard that Stacie Houston led lap 6 of the NSSCRA race. Rachael Cross, of Southport, entered the Cassadaigua-based Five Star Cup competition and was assigned number 6. This won them $27,000. (OOC: This is using information from a recent RP in the World Cup thread). Cross responded to my request for comment on social media nearly immediately, saying “Coming to Damukuni wasn’t cheap, but that will pay for it and then some. Heck, I am hoping to upgrade our room reservations and maybe we will stay here longer for more games. I have enjoyed my time here in Damukuni, and I would never want to visit Eastfield Lodge. I like to have fun.”

Of course the biggest violator of a law, had this been in Eastfield Lodge would have been Cortez himself, who gave his girlfriend a kiss on the sidelines after the game. Up next is Terre Septentrionale . They are in third with a record of 1-0-1.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:57 am

Die Stelburger Zeitung

Sport

Goldhorns Off to 2-0 Start at Cup of Harmony

It’s all good so far for Siovanija and Teusland’s national football team in Eastfield Lodge for the 75th Cup of Harmony: a 2-0 start.

2 wins in the opening two matches of the CoH is the same number of wins the Goldhorns had in 9 previous Cup of Harmony matches, dating back to CoH 72. 6 goals scored over those two games is more than the Goldhorns had ever scored in one CoH tournament, and is in fact the total number of goals the team scored in the previous two tournaments combined.

So it’s fair to say that manager Gavin Hughes’ squad is having a good time at the tournament so far. “We were all really disappointed from the way the playoffs went, and I think a lot of that frustration has turned into extra motivation for this tournament,” commented Thorsten Kramer. He continued, adding that “Anytime we play in the Cup of Harmony, there are always questions about our motivation: I can tell you the motivation has always been there, but the performance was really lacking. This time around, there’s a good feeling in the lads and I think you’re definitely seeing that on the pitch”.

Siovanija and Teusland opened up the tournament against Eraman, ranked 74th in the world. The Erumanians had a solid display in Qualifiers, finishing 3rd place in Group K. That wasn’t enough for a spot in the playoffs, however, and the team headed instead to the Cup of Harmony. A well-balanced squad, the Eraman team play a 4-3-3 formation similar to that the Goldhorns have used at times in their history.

Siovanija and Teusland opened the match on the attack, and they pushed forward with intent that put pressure on the Erumanian back line. Ivo Romanov was a clear threat to the backline, and while Waka Sentri performed admirably in the left back position, Romanov proved again to be too much to handle. The Goldhorns opened up the scoring within the first 10 minutes of the match, a cross by Romanov finding the head of Krasimir Kynev who wouldn’t be denied as he made it 1-0.

The Goldhorns did not let up after that, and continued to push. Pierre-Louis Lotbiniere made a few dangerous incursions down the right side of the pitch, forming a tricky duo with Romanov. A pass from Lotbiniere to Romanov left the later in plenty of space just outside the penalty area, and he barreled down on the keeper with great speed. A well-placed shot into the bottom left corner was enough to make the score 2-0 for the Goldhorns.

Eraman did not give up, however, and scored goals on either side of half time to even things back up. A foul by Edgar Steimle in the penalty area on Perda Nasar gave the Erumanians a penalty, despite Goldhorn protests of a dive. Anri Limus beat Viktor Venev, however, and the lead was cut to 2-1. A quick Erumanian counter just 2 minutes into the second half saw Limus score his second of the match, and the Goldhorns’ good work in the first half had been undone in just 5:37 of match time.

The Goldhorns continued to put pressure on, but Eraman’s backline sensed that they had a great shot at stealing a point if they could only hold off the attack. And while Eraman defended admirably for much of the second half, it was all for naught. Mario Kogler was fouled outside the box, leading to a free kick for the Goldhorns near the area. An inswinger by Viktor Dimitrov met the head of Michael Ribbeck, who powered the ball past Mikla Kala and gave Siovanija and Teusland a 3-2 lead. The Goldhorns played out the remaining 20 or so minutes with a bit more caution, and after a slight scare took all 3 points.

Next up after a matchday 2 bye was Flavovespia, the bottom seed in the group but one that had provided a challenge through two matchdays: a 2-0 loss to Brusseldorf and a 2-1 loss to Eraman, each played closer than many would have expected of the Hornets. The Goldhorns were not going to take their opponents lightly: “At this level, any team can win any game. We’ve done it to teams, and we’ve had it done to us by teams. We’ve got some momentum from the Eraman game, and if we can build on that we’ll be good,” claimed Ivo Romanov. The team that played Eraman saw two major changes: Yanko Zhelyaskov coming in for Viktor Venev, and young Todor Mihailov coming in for Viktor Dimitrov. It was clear all eyes would be on the Kramer-Mihailov duo in the middle of the park, with Mihailov being considered a certain star for the future.

The duo looked unplayable in their debut match together. Kramer and Mihailov seemed to have an almost instant chemistry, each playing off each others’ strengths. Miahilov fit in just fine with the national team on his 5th cap and 2nd start, and any time he got the ball Goldhorn fans were on the edge of their seats. Flavovespia had its own midfield dynamo in the form of Steven Hall. Undoubtedly the key player for the Hornets, Kramer and Mihailov did a solid job against him but Hall still had his moments of brilliance, including on a goal for the Hornets.

Siovanija and Teusland started this one much as they did against Eraman, on the front foot for much of the first half. The Goldhorns held onto the ball a lot, but weren’t really doing much with it. The best chance early was a drive from Michael Ribbeck that was well saved by David Meehan. As time passed, the Goldhorns appeared closer and closer to breaking through, even as Flavovespia defended admirably.

The opening goal would eventually come the Goldhorns way. Karl-Heinz Jager hit a long pass that found Mario Kogler on the wing, the FC Teussen Stelburg duo linking up well. Kogler broke in towards the goal, eventually finding Michael Ribbeck on his left. A tidy finish from Ribbeck gave the Goldhorns a 1-0 lead, and it seemed all would be well.

But Flavovespia, desperate for a first CoH point, had a lot of heart and would not give in. Steven Hall showed his class to win the ball off Kramer in the midfield, and he broke forward with intent late in the first half. A creative passing play with Andrew Mason left Hall free in plenty of space, and a drive from him beat Zhelyaskov into the right corner of the goal. Hall had given his country hope, and they pushed hard in the later stages of the second half.

Whatever Gavin Hughes said at the half, however, clearly worked on his Goldhorns squad: they looked again the team confident in possession and creating chances they were for the first 35 minutes or so. Todor Mihailov avenged his partner Kramer and took the ball himself off Hall after a good tackle, before realizing he had plenty of space available to him. Mihailov broke forward, beating anyone who challenged him. He bore down on goal, and with a smart shot beat Meehan for his first ever international goal. The Goldhorns fans in Eastfield Lodge celebrated, having seen the first of many magic moments from Mihailov.

While Flavovespia attempted to work their way back into the game after this, the Goldhorns would not repeat their mistakes from the Eraman game, and they knew they had to kill off the game. A header by Michael Ribbeck off a corner as the half progressed did that job perfectly, and the Goldhorns sat back afterwards to protect the lead. They still offered a counterattacking threat, but there wasn’t much more action in the game and the Goldhorns took a 3-1 win.

Next up for Siovanija and Teusland is Main Nation Ministry, the top seed in the group. Both sides sit on 6 points after 2 matches each, and the match could determine which side will finish first in Group G. Siovanija and Teusland previously played Main Nation Ministry in World Cup 82 Qualifying, ending in a 5-4 defeat away and a 2-2 draw at home.

We’ll be live from Eastfield Lodge to cover this important matchup for Siovanija and Teusland. Come on you Goldhorns!

Match Report
Siovanija and Teusland 3-2 Eraman, @ Norton Park, Eastfield Lodgel

Lineup: Venev; Steimle, Jager, Klopfer, Lotbiniere (Daschner 65’); Kogler, V. Dimitrov, Kramer (Kostov 75’), Romanov; Kynev (Reichwein 75’), Ribbeck
Goals: Krasimir Kynev 7’, Ivo Romanov 22’, Michael Ribbeck 68’
Stelburger Zeitung Man of the Match: Ivo Romanov

Match Report
Siovanija and Teusland 3-1 Flavovespia, @ Eastfield Lodge

Lineup: Zhelyaskov; Steimle (L. Dimitrov 76’), Jager, Meckler, Lotbiniere; Kogler (Kruger 46’), Mihailov, Kramer, Romanov (Tauscher 76’), Kynev, Ribbeck
Goals: Michael Ribbeck 27’, 66' Todor Mihailov 52’,
Stelburger Zeitung Man of the Match: Todor Mihailov
Last edited by Siovanija and Teusland on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

New Lusitania and the Algarves
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Lusitania and the Algarves » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 am

STL|Serviços de Transmissão Lusitana
Sport | Football|
Cup of Harmony 75

Double Bill

SELECÇÃO START SLOWLY
Xanneria 3-1 New Lusitania
@The Shinozoba-Sayu, Shinozoba

New Lusitania had arrived in Damukuni with hopes of big things, but started out tremendously slow against Xanneria. Their only previous match was a Lusitanian win away at Marietta, a pre-World Cup Qualifiers game this cycle (0-1). The Lusitanian side played Patríce in goal, Guerreiros, Carriça and Cancela in defence, with Azinheira starting, called up as Eustáquio heads to Shuell for the IDU Olympiad. Fernando, Mário and Gama are occupying their usual positions with 'Jota coming back alongside Silveira, who broke his goal scoring tally from World Cup 82, and, once more being the Selecção's top scorer, with 11 goals scored.
In the first half there were a few good chances, Presentino almost got the first goal with a good shot just within reach for the goalkeeper. The Lusitanian team were surprisingly slow and sooner than later the first Xannerian goal came along. Mark Hailey, put the first one in, striking it down with force. Before halftime, Silveira almost put it in, missing by inches. When opportunities like that come around, you can't miss them. After half-time, Xanneria believed in consolidating that lead and did so. Trenton received a good cross and headed it in for the second. On sixty-five minutes of play, Glenn Hailey scored the third, after bad marking from Guerreiros. It was 3-0.
Around seventy minutes of play, Leymore attempted a shot which was saved by Patríce but also put him on the ground, falling badly. Therefore, an unusual substitution occured, with António Lopes coming in. At the very end there was still a consolation goal for New Lusitania, with Veiga crossing the ball into Jota who exploited a defensive mistake and scored the 3-1, to restore if anything, a smidge of the National Pride. Xanneria have now gotten revenge from an extremely well contested and competitive friendly at the start of the cycle. FULL TIME: 3-1

DANGEROUS DRAW
New Lusitania 0-0 Saintland
@The Shinozoba-Sayu, Shinozoba

After a bye on Matchday Two, they'd face Saintland. They were once a bigger sized team and were now facing a renaissance. New Lusitania made a few changes. Vinagrete started for Guerreiros and Lopes started for Patríce as a precaution. The game itself wasn't particularly exciting, but it had some moments in which it provided end-to-end action, though most of it happened in midfield. The first half had good chances by Gramia, who hit the post, Silveira who had a good shot on target, and, Fernando who put it just above the net. Halftime and it was all level. In the second half the game ramped up it's pace as that first elusive goal escaped the grasp of both sides. Highlights include a free kick by Fernando, a cross by Veiga into Gama in the seventy-fifth minute and two last minute attacks that Suedius, Saintland's goalkeeper defended with expertise. For the opposition there were also one or two good chances a good chance by Asinius, a quality shot by Sosia again and a near miss by Grania. Despite this, the extremely attacking Lusitanians could not beat the extremely defensive five-man Sanctii wall. A good point for Saintland but it starts complicating things for New Lusitania. FULL TIME: 0-0

Around the Grounds
In Matchday One, Damukuni got their first win by beating Saintland by a mere one goal to nil, putting the Lusitanian result in a bit of a perspective. In Group B, the Busoga Islands got a good goalless draw against Krytenia, as the SRS beat Terre Septentrionale. In Endoshi, for Group C, Tamgu secured a great result against more experienced Sajnur (5-2) and Darmen asserted themselves over Mattijana by a 6 goal scoreline, giving Zala Stefanidi a less than ideal start at the National Team. Over in Eastfield Lodge, the hosts started with a win over Joshenia (0-4) as the Kick Corps started off with a draw against New Saria in Bridgetown, two all in Group D. Omerica commenced affairs with a 2-3 loss against Mareibat as Saltstead kicked off with a win (4-1) at Vorger Park, their opposition being Freeport in Group E.
At Parliament, the issue discussed was a lusophone affair in which Dreamplanet emerged victorious over Lisander (3-1) as Port Ember reached an impass at three goals with Timura at Monksville. Finally, in Group G Brusseldorf and Siovanija & Teusland managed their first three points, as they beat Flavovespia (2-0) and Eraman (2-3), respectively.
In the second matchday, as the Selecção sat out, Saintland missed out on a win in a 3-4 thriller against Xanneria, as Damukuni faltered at the hands of Ancherion (3-2). Krytenia had a hard time against the in-form S.R.S. (3-4) in what was one of the top matches of the day. Newmanistan entered proceedings with a win over Busoga Islands, by 2-0. Also in Damukuni, Darmen maintained their leadership of Group C with a 5-3 win over Darmen as Abanhfleft started strongly with a 5-1 win over Tamgu. Over in Eastfield Lodge, the hosts took the day off, meaning Drawkland could spend some time at the top after a win against Hapilopper (1-4), as New Saria drew with Joshenia (1-1). Saltstead are the only team with six points on as they beat Mareibat 2-0, as Omerica got their first win by the same margin, playing Saint Émelie. In Group G, HUElavia and 95X managed their first point, playing Port Ember and Dreamplanet, respectively (3-3/0-0). At the Olympic Park, Eraman beat Flavovespia (1-2) as the Main Nation Ministry got their first match underway in triumph, facing Brusseldorf (3-1).
In the Third Matchday, as Saintland finally got their point against New Lusitania, Xanneria won the group against Ancherion after their 4-3 win. In Group B, the SRS defended their lead by getting a draw against Newmanistan, as Terre Septentrionale overcame Krytenia by a 1-0 margin. As in Group C, Darmen kept their lead by a draw with Abanhfleft, in this case by a three all affair. Sajnur got their first win against Mattijana (2-3), with the latter yet to point. In Group D Eastfield Lodge return to the top with a win against New Saria (1-0) as Hapilopper got their first point with a draw with Joshenia (1-1). Saltstead have also confirmed their progression with three wins in three after the victory to Saint Émelie (4-1), with Freeport also getting their first point against Mareibat (0-0). Port Ember takes the helm in Group F, as they overcame 95X by 2-1, with HUElavia beating Timur 1-3. Finally, in Group G, Main Nation Ministry and Siovanija & Teusland are at the top of the group after their wins over Eraman and Flavovespia, respectively, by 0-2 and 3-1.
Meanwhile, the World Cup kicks off tonight in Equestria and Banija, with some great games coming up as well. Over here though, New Lusitania face Ancherion in a key match next time, and it'll be crucial not just for the team but maybe Victor Santa Cruz maintaining his job with the side.

THE HUB
GOALS: Jota
ASSISTS: Veiga

LATEST STATS
World Cup 83 Quals
Top Goalscorers: Silveira (11)
Assists: Fernando (8)
-------------------------------------
Matchday: Internationals
coverage of the best
STL1 22:00 GMT
-----------------------------------
World Cup 83
The best of the action on STL, your National Broadcaster.
-----------------------------------
STL in association with FLF
MMXIX
NEW LUSITANIA AND THE ALGARVES

PROUD MEMBER OF THE IDU \ Trigramme: NLA
Embassy Program - Closed
Champions of IAC9, 3rd IAC6
3G, 2S, 2B at the IDU Olympics'19
Semi-finalist of the WPIC 3 [Water Polo]
Almost made it to World Cup 80 (3rd in Group) as well as World Cup 81 (lost playoff)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports