NATION

PASSWORD

Maximum Deck Size

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Jamilkhuze
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Maximum Deck Size

Postby Jamilkhuze » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 am

Is the maximum deck size capped at 400 cards? I’m at 398 right now and I’m not being given the option to purchase more deck capacity like I did when I was about to hit 300 and 350.
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

Successor state of Nouveau Yathrib (more on that here)
About Our World | Factbooks and Dispatches | OOC Info | OOC: Why I'm Still on NS | Public Relations | iiWiki

Historic Migration to Jamilkhuze by Country | Languages of Jamilkhuze (continued) | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:23 am

Jamilkhuze wrote:Is the maximum deck size capped at 400 cards? I’m at 398 right now and I’m not being given the option to purchase more deck capacity like I did when I was about to hit 300 and 350.

Your deck capacity is currently at 800 cards. This is most-likely due to your Site Supporter badge doubling your limit size
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:46 pm

As for max card limit you have a ways to go.

As you can see herehttps://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/nation=9003/value_deck=1
I am at 13k cards and still no limit that stops me.

Edit: fixed the link sorry!
Last edited by 9003 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:07 am

9003 wrote:As for max card limit you have a ways to go.

As you can see herehttps://www.nationstates.net/page=deck?=nation=9003
I am at 13k cards and still no limit that stops me.

How in the fudge do you upgrade your deck capacity more than 100 at a time? I'm a sight supporter, and I can only upgrade my deck capacity when I'm like 10 or so cards away from reaching it. How in the fudge do I preminatevly increase it?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:08 am

Australian rePublic wrote:How in the fudge do you upgrade your deck capacity more than 100 at a time?

You don't. People with huge decks aren't upgrading their capacity. You don't need an upgrade to buy and sell, only to gift and open packs. The incorrectly-linked deck above contains 13,968 cards but has a capacity of only 700 cards.

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Do your civic duty! Buy deck upgrades! It's one of only three ways to stop the inflation madness and get money out of the system! :lol2:

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:How in the fudge do you upgrade your deck capacity more than 100 at a time?

You don't. People with huge decks aren't upgrading their capacity. You don't need an upgrade to buy and sell, only to gift and open packs. The incorrectly-linked deck above contains 13,968 cards but has a capacity of only 700 cards.

That's odd, since most with deck capacities that high card farm 9003 that he/she has no issues with deck capacity
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:25 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:he/she has no issues with deck capacity

Correct. He has no issues because he can buy and sell all day long, and that's how he acquires cards. He (and I, and other large farmers) buy cards off their own puppets. We can't receive gifts, but we can still get the cards relatively easily.

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:00 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:he/she has no issues with deck capacity

Correct. He has no issues because he can buy and sell all day long, and that's how he acquires cards. He (and I, and other large farmers) buy cards off their own puppets. We can't receive gifts, but we can still get the cards relatively easily.

Yup I have not opened a pack on my main in 84 years! but for real I have had 9 packs on there sitting for a long time. I use my army of puppets and others who sell cards to amass countless cards. It becomes exponentially more expensive to increase deck size and as such doesn't make sense if you are bulk collecting like me. I to would cost several thousands to catch up to where my card total is now.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Well, that's just a waste of cards

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:31 am

increasing deck size can be expensive. As the cost is always x²

first increase is 1, then 4 (2x2), 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, 121, 144 and ETC.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:18 pm

What in the hell is even the point of deck limits if everyone's just gonna abuse it with.card farms?

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:26 pm

It's possible that the intention was to make players find creative ways to transfer bank in, such as selling cards to themselves, which can be spawned at auction and thus "hijacked" by players who open packs during the transaction. Those "oversights" curiously align into a "working as intended." Gifting cards to your main, to build bank or DV, does not enter into the market, so have no risk, and another form of balance is necessary.

But really deck limits seem to have been made to discourage players from going wild with cards in a single account and breaking the database. At least that's the impression that Ballotonia gave.
Last edited by Refuge Isle on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:45 pm

Refuge Isle wrote:It's possible that the intention was to make players find creative ways to transfer bank in, such as selling cards to themselves, which can be spawned at auction and thus "hijacked" by players who open packs during the transaction. Those "oversights" curiously align into a "working as intended." Gifting cards to your main, to build bank or DV, does not enter into the market, so have no risk, and another form of balance is necessary.

But really deck limits seem to have been made to discourage players from going wild with cards in a single account and breaking the database. At least that's the impression that Ballotonia gave.

The only people who go wild with cards are those abuse the database in the first place

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:17 pm

I'm not really sure how it's abuse or who's a victim in this crime, but presumably if the admins had a problem with it, it would have been patched long ago.

Even for 9003 and DGES, to reach 15,000 cards, they need to invest hours into this game every day whilst maintaining their jobs and home life. That's not a commitment to be taken lightly and not one that can be maintained indefinitely. In the meantime, enjoy the ex-nation, Ultra-Rare, Commom, Epic etc collections. Not many people care about cards enough to put in the significant legwork needed to put together these collections, and the game would be worse off without them.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards