NATION

PASSWORD

[Advice] on Anti- smuggling act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Whole India
Attaché

Founded: Jul 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

[Advice] on Anti- smuggling act

Postby Whole India » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:54 am

i hope for advice on how to make a bill against smuggling all advises are open.
Former Home minister, Former Minister of Defence of India
Former Bureaucrat for Home,Foreign Ministry of The North Pacific
Former Fellow for Cultural,Educational,Media Affairs of The South Pacific
Former Ambassador to International Democratic Union from TSP

"When people with similar thoughts come together success is achieved."
"If you want to see change then initiate that change."
"In your whole life don't be desperate, the more the desperate you are the more the mistakes you make. Accept facts and move on."
"When there is a heavy discontent against you expect something bad is waiting for you in future"
"Hindu is a geographical identity, the west made it a Hinduism, a religion"

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:26 am

(OOC: I recommend posting a draft here, in this exact forum topic, as quickly as possible. It’s quite hard for players to critique something that doesn’t yet exist. More generally, it’s always good to look through some passed resolutions. Try to avoid micromanaging nations, as they can generally do a lot of things themselves. On the other hand, there does need to be some concrete action for them to take. Lastly, think about the category you want to submit this under, and write with that in mind.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Whole India
Attaché

Founded: Jul 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Bill Draft

Postby Whole India » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:05 am

Anti-Smuggling Act
Category: Regulation | Area of effect: Transportation

The General Assembly,
Smuggling is a practice which is directly related to the black market.
To prevent taxes or duties on the goods smuggling is carried out.
1] A special coastal guard be established in each nation to prevent smuggling.
2] A special licence will given to carry out trade.
3] if the trader doesn't has that licence then he will be considered as smuggler.
4] The officers of special coastal guard who catch smugglers their salary will be increased.
5] Smugglers will be jailed according to the laws of country.
6] If the smugglers manage to bribe a officer then that officer will be jailed.
7] The border check will be strengthen.
8] Smugglers smuggling of drugs and tobacco and alcohol, cigarette will be jailed for life time.
9] Each person crossing the border will be checked that is he smuggling or not.
Hereby,
1] The crime rate will decrease.
2] The black market will reduce to lowest of all time.
3] Because of special coastal guard more people will get employed,
4] smuggling of special paintings, drugs, alcohol, cigarette, tobacco will stop.
Former Home minister, Former Minister of Defence of India
Former Bureaucrat for Home,Foreign Ministry of The North Pacific
Former Fellow for Cultural,Educational,Media Affairs of The South Pacific
Former Ambassador to International Democratic Union from TSP

"When people with similar thoughts come together success is achieved."
"If you want to see change then initiate that change."
"In your whole life don't be desperate, the more the desperate you are the more the mistakes you make. Accept facts and move on."
"When there is a heavy discontent against you expect something bad is waiting for you in future"
"Hindu is a geographical identity, the west made it a Hinduism, a religion"

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:52 am

“Firstly, you require nations without a coast, landlocked ones, to have a coastguard. That seems wholly unnecessary. Furthermore, I don’t see why life imprisonment has to be required for all smuggling of tobacco and alcohol. There is always the possibility of reformation after the crime has been committed, and I would argue that smuggling doesn’t necessarily require a life sentence in any instance.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:06 am

Whole India wrote:Anti-Smuggling Act
Category: Regulation | Area of effect: Transportation

The General Assembly,
Smuggling is a practice which is directly related to the black market.
To prevent taxes or duties on the goods smuggling is carried out.
1] A special coastal guard be established in each nation to prevent smuggling.
virtually every nation already has some manner of Navy, Coast Guard, or Customs Service. Do you really need to lead off with a “Do what you are already doing because now you have permission to.” statement?
2] A special licence will given to carry out trade.
Oh, you mean like a business license, with bills of lading and manifests for transported goods? Who needs this license? The owner of the business? All crew on every ship? All aircrew? Truck drivers? Travelers carrying a few cigars? This clause may contravene resolution #60 as well.
3] if the trader doesn't has that licence then he will be considered as smuggler.
see answer to (2) above.
4] The officers of special coastal guard who catch smugglers their salary will be increased.
Just catch/arrest people? No possibility for corruption there, eh?
5] Smugglers will be jailed according to the laws of country.
Which laws *would* they use?
6] If the smugglers manage to bribe a officer then that officer will be jailed.
Mandating that government official who break the law are prosecuted. Nope, nobody has ever thought of that one.
7] The border check will be strengthen.
This could mean anything. Let’s just put minefields, barbed wire, and issue “shoot to kill” orders to all customs agents.
8] Smugglers smuggling of drugs and tobacco and alcohol, cigarette will be jailed for life time.
Covered, illegal drugs anyhow, by #98. And what is so special about the others to warrant a mandatory life sentence? Rather pointlessly arbitrary.
9] Each person crossing the border will be checked that is he smuggling or not.
Another “Do what you already do” clause. Not needed.
Hereby,
1] The crime rate will decrease.
How?You just made criminals out of virtually every person carrying out international trade.
2] The black market will reduce to lowest of all time.
Unlikely
3] Because of special coastal guard more people will get employed,
Not necessary, just fluff.
4] smuggling of special paintings, drugs, alcohol, cigarette, tobacco will stop.
Unlikely. More fluff.

Other general concerns:
You really need to read other passed resolutions to see how they are written, and if the topic is already covered. Just making a laundry list of things, with basic and vague ideas, is not how it’s done.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Heliosbrine
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Heliosbrine » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:01 pm

we here at the kingdom of heliosbrine beleive in peace so we want there to be no smuggling at all

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:49 am

Grays Harbor wrote:Let’s just put minefields, barbed wire, and issue “shoot to kill” orders to all customs agents.

OOC: As if your and my nations didn't already do that... :p Well, depending on the wording of the landmine ban, the minefield might not actually be there, despite the signs...
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Irish Diaspora
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Irish Diaspora » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:53 am

This is a difficult issue: an anti-smuggling act as proposed could limit legitimate trade to transnational corporations which we view as a direct threat to our national sovereignty.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly