NATION

PASSWORD

Antihero Force (OOC/RP is finished)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Antihero Force (OOC/RP is finished)

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:58 am

Alright, the IC is launched at this location

IC Thread

Please feel free to RP your characters into the game.

The year is 2019 but in an alternate universe version of New York City. America is a dark place in this timeline. The USA is mired in countless wars in the Middle East and Latin America to benefit the military-industrial complex. More than half of the nation's politicians and law enforcement units are in the pocket of the seemingly all-powerful United Mafia.

The leader of the United Mafia is a young, powerful, and ambitious Mafia Queen, Aurora Von Staffen. Having recently taken over the entire mob, Von Staffen will not hesitate to order the deaths of her enemies. The Mafia's word is law and anyone who opposes them disappears. In other words, the USA is quite literally ruled by an evil, all powerful Disney princess.

The Mafia commands hundreds of thousands of enforcers and can recruit elite killers from all over the world.
The people are powerless, the police are powerless (or corrupt), however...

A team of antiheroes, tired from the endless corruption of their failed society and the iron grip of the Mafia, join forces to oppose the United Mafia.
Some of the antiheroes are ex special forces, others are enraged magic users (yes magic users, long thought to be gone from the world, still exist), still others were ex Mafia enforcers or ex cops.

Will this team of antiheroes be able to stop the Mafia and save the nation?

Rules:
1. OP's word is law
2. Please respect fellow players
3. From time to time, OP will write in order to resolve player actions

This will be a Co-Operative RP in which the players will mostly go against NPCs.

Only a limited number of players will be allowed to have magical powers (but everyone can have a certain amount of exceptional abilities). Hopefully we can get a team with different personalities and different strengths and weaknesses.

Players are encouraged to apply for membership with the Antihero Force (the Antihero Force will be protected by moderate plot armor). Only a few limited spots will be available for application on the Mafia side (the Mafia will mostly be represented by NPCs) and these applications will be reviewed very closely.

Characters will be expected to largely play within the genre conventions of a gritty antihero flick.

Code: Select all
Application Format:
Name:
Skillset:
Personality:
Weaknesses/Fears:
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team:

Have fun!
We are taking applications now.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 pm

Name: Ander Kallden
Appearance: Ander is tall, though not remarkably so, standing at 6 ft 2 inches. His build is slender, though not to a point that would look unhealthy, and he carries himself with a rather easy and confident grace. He is prone to smiling, has oddly twinkling green eyes and wears his blonde hair short.
Skillset: Powerful mage and accomplished fighter. This will be padded out later.
Personality: Ander is noted for his calmness under pressure, and his ability to think through situations if they are far enough in advance. He enspires respect due to his calm and approachable method of giving orders, and has a compassionate streak; this however has a tendency to disappear in the heat of battle.
Weaknesses/Fears: Despite the way he gives his orders, appearing to be to the mannor born for command, he is actually not a very good commander. If things are too hot for him to think rationally, he has a tendency to charge in without giving much thought to the consequences, which has led to him being gravely injured and to his men being killed on several occasions. He is unwilling to work under anybody, and tends to see people giving him advice as 'undermining' him. He is also noted, rather disturbingly, for being somewhat sadistic and psychopathic when it comes to his enemies.
Likes: The acquisition of knowledge, his own strange form of 'justice,' battle, his closest friends
Dislikes: Being 'talked down to,' greed, people interfering with those he cares for, a fight that doesn't end in the other guy permanently out of action.
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team: Ander created the antihero team in order to remove what he considered a threat to 'justice.' He is completely driven by his goals, and finds that working with people with a similar lack of a moral compass is the best way of doing it; such things as 'trials' and 'imprisonment' tend to get in the way when he works with more honourable people.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Name: Ander Kallden
Appearance: Ander is tall, though not remarkably so, standing at 6 ft 2 inches. His build is slender, though not to a point that would look unhealthy, and he carries himself with a rather easy and confident grace. He is prone to smiling, has oddly twinkling green eyes and wears his blonde hair short.
Skillset: Powerful mage and accomplished fighter. This will be padded out later.
Personality: Ander is noted for his calmness under pressure, and his ability to think through situations if they are far enough in advance. He enspires respect due to his calm and approachable method of giving orders, and has a compassionate streak; this however has a tendency to disappear in the heat of battle.
Weaknesses/Fears: Despite the way he gives his orders, appearing to be to the mannor born for command, he is actually not a very good commander. If things are too hot for him to think rationally, he has a tendency to charge in without giving much thought to the consequences, which has led to him being gravely injured and to his men being killed on several occasions. He is unwilling to work under anybody, and tends to see people giving him advice as 'undermining' him. He is also noted, rather disturbingly, for being somewhat sadistic and psychopathic when it comes to his enemies.
Likes: The acquisition of knowledge, his own strange form of 'justice,' battle, his closest friends
Dislikes: Being 'talked down to,' greed, people interfering with those he cares for, a fight that doesn't end in the other guy permanently out of action.
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team: Ander created the antihero team in order to remove what he considered a threat to 'justice.' He is completely driven by his goals, and finds that working with people with a similar lack of a moral compass is the best way of doing it; such things as 'trials' and 'imprisonment' tend to get in the way when he works with more honourable people.

Excellent!

Though we should hopefully pad out the skill set at a later point

Approved

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:11 pm

What does Ander Kallden do for fun?

Jassysworth 1
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jassysworth 1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:19 pm

Sounds interesting. Didn't you make a hypothetical thread about this in General?

Can I be "Mr. Antihero"?

I'm not very experienced at RP though and I don't know how much posting you want a day...

is there a set ending?
Last edited by Jassysworth 1 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Jassysworth 1 wrote:Sounds interesting. Didn't you make a hypothetical thread about this in General?

Can I be "Mr. Antihero"?

I'm not very experienced at RP though and I don't know how much posting you want a day...

is there a set ending?

Yes, this is based off the Antihero Scenario thread in NSG. However, there is no fixed ending (though there is moderate plot armor for the Antihero Force).

I recommend you apply for the Antihero Force if you're inexperienced at RP.

There is no one "Mr. Antihero," instead, its replaced by a cooperative team. The focus of character just depends on participation.

It is better if you post a few times every day or once a few days but if you AFK for a while, then I may need to take over the character until you come back to move things forward.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:19 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:What does Ander Kallden do for fun?

What do you mean by fun? When he's not working?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:What does Ander Kallden do for fun?

What do you mean by fun? When he's not working?

yes

does he read?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:What do you mean by fun? When he's not working?

yes

does he read?

He's more a music guy, playing and listening. Ameture sports also, to keep fit. He spends a lot of time on practising his skills though.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
yes

does he read?

He's more a music guy, playing and listening. Ameture sports also, to keep fit. He spends a lot of time on practising his skills though.

Classical?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:32 am

Might app as a MAfia enforcer if i got the time. I have a character in mind, Giovanni D'Angelo, the Bloody Angel.

That being said what powers/abilities can player characters have?

Additionally how does magic work?

The mention of magic users aside the wording of the OP seems to imply this is something more like Kickass, where people without actual powers are resorting to vigilantism to fight crime.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 am

Shadowwell wrote:Might app as a MAfia enforcer if i got the time. I have a character in mind, Giovanni D'Angelo, the Bloody Angel.

The mention of magic users aside the wording of the OP seems to imply this is something more like Kickass, where people without actual powers are resorting to vigilantism to fight crime.

Magic will be very very very rare amongst the players and the characters in the RP as a whole.

The power is highly restricted but still powerful; we will mostly keep it to simple casts although with enough mastery, greater feats may be possible

In fact, until the Antihero Force emerges, magic was thought to be extinct.

the non magical main characters and main NPCs will generally operate like "meta-human" in the style of a Jack Snyder Watchmen movie. So think about how Rorscahch or Nite Owl might fight, brutal but with slightly borderline superhuman strengths.

The regular run of the mill mobsters will just be standard goons though

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:55 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Might app as a MAfia enforcer if i got the time. I have a character in mind, Giovanni D'Angelo, the Bloody Angel.

Magic will be very very very rare amongst the players and the characters in the RP as a whole.

The power is highly restricted but still powerful; we will mostly keep it to simple casts although with enough mastery, greater feats may be possible

the non magical main characters and main NPCs will generally operate like "meta-human" in the style of a Jack Snyder Watchmen movie. So think about how Rorscahch or Nite Owl might fight, brutal but with slightly borderline superhuman strengths.

So street level in power then, with no Dr Manhattan though of course?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:58 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

So street level in power then, with no Dr Manhattan though of course?

Yes.

There will be no Dr. Manhattan

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:59 am

Is there any possibility of Giovanni D'Angelo fighting on the Antihero Force?

Or is he fiercely loyal to the Mafia?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Is there any possibility of Giovanni D'Angelo fighting on the Antihero Force?

The Character of Giovanni D'Angelo is strictly Mafia, born into the life and has stuck with it.

I do have other character concepts that could be adapted. Victor Armstrong, adopted into a family with ties to the Mafia but he and the family had a falling out years ago.

Or other concepts entirely.

I brought up Giovanni as DVH sent me a tg saying superhero/supervillains are needed and Gio is a character i have used which typically has heavy mafia/criminal ties.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:54 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Is there any possibility of Giovanni D'Angelo fighting on the Antihero Force?

The Character of Giovanni D'Angelo is strictly Mafia, born into the life and has stuck with it.

I do have other character concepts that could be adapted. Victor Armstrong, adopted into a family with ties to the Mafia but he and the family had a falling out years ago.

I brought up Giovanni as DVH sent me a tg saying superhero/supervillains are needed and Gio is a character i have used which typically has heavy mafia/criminal ties.

IM, this is someone I trust who could do well on the Mafia side. I think he should be accepted into it.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:03 pm

IM, do you have discord? It might be useful for planning.

Krvava Koupel
Spokesperson

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Krvava Koupel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:02 pm

So I'm thinking about joining this, it sounds cool, but I was wondering if a Mechromancer/Metal Maker magic would be okay?
~Rulevoy Nikolai Lansov
"Dead Men Tell no Tales..."

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Is the witch involved?
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:49 pm

Shadowwell wrote:The Character of Giovanni D'Angelo is strictly Mafia, born into the life and has stuck with it.

IM, this is someone I trust who could do well on the Mafia side. I think he should be accepted into it.

Very well.

You have been accepted! Welcome!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:50 pm

Krvava Koupel wrote:So I'm thinking about joining this, it sounds cool, but I was wondering if a Mechromancer/Metal Maker magic would be okay?

Yes but only on a limited scale

This sounds interesting

What about the personality of the character?

Send an app I will take a look!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:Is the witch involved?

Not for now.

Witch Annie is controversial legendary figure in the background though. We are in 2019 and she was in the medieval ages. But a famous and well known person sometimes referenced...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:IM, do you have discord? It might be useful for planning.

I do but I have a no discord policy (too uncomfortable using my voice) :(

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

WIP to be finished app

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:12 pm

Application Format:
Name: Giovanni D'Angelo
Appearance: tbd
Skillset: Giovanni is a highly skilled combatant favoring close combat often accompanied with knives or other blades.

Enhanced Physique: Giovanni is quite strong despite not appearing so, the same goes for nearly every other physical attribute, speed, reflexes, etc. There have been many times an opponent has thought they finished Giovanni off only for him to continue to come at them with the same enduring ferocity.

Personality: Giovanni is a loyal and intense individual. He is cunning one would say, but lacks any real form of ambition.
Weaknesses/Fears: Giovanni is quite a skilled fighter but he is not invincible nor infallible.
Dislikes: Unnecessary cruelty, foolishness,
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team: Despite the fact that the mafia life is the only thing he has really known, he has no real reason for being Mafia aside from that.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse