NATION

PASSWORD

The Ober Ost Crisis (PT | OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Ober Ost Crisis (PT | OOC)

Postby North German Realm » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:47 am

The Ober Ost Crisis

Between the liberation of Königsberg and the fall of St. Petersburg, the North German army steadily advanced deep in Russian borders. As the war continued, the territory occupied under North German (and later the Pact of Rome) occupation extended. The occupied territory was under administration of a military officer, Oberbefehlshaber der Streitkräfte des Romspaktes im Osten (Supreme Commander of the armed forces of the Pact of Rome in the East), dubbed Ober Ost for simplicity. At its prime, it held the Baltic States, Lithuania, Byelorussia, and Ukraine.

When Saint Petersburg fell, The Russian Empire came to negotiate. The Pact of Rome, headed by North Germany, was unforgiving. The atrocities committed by the Russian Empire in Brandenburg, Posen, Pomerania, and Prussia were still in their minds, and the negotiating corps, with their words dictated to them by the Brass, were in no mood for appeasement or good-faith treaties. The Treaty of Saint Petersburg forced Russia to relinquish any and all claims to every territory that had, at the time of the signing of the treaty, been under foreign occupation. While enraged, Russians were in no position to negotiate. Their diplomatic corps worked hard in the Conference of Vienna a few months later, but even with all their efforts, the Russian Empire had lost an extensive amount of territory to its enemies in the Pact. Russia was rebranded a Tsardom, lost its possessions in the Caucasus, Central Asia, ceded Finland to Sweden, and pledged to relinquish all claims to the territory that had been under administration of Ober Ost when the Treaty of Saint Petersburg had been signed. And the moment the treaty was signed, the problems began to manifest.

Sweden and Poland each had ambitions of restoring their sovereignty on the territories Russia had taken from them in the last two centuries. Romania wished to expand into Ukraine. North Germany wished to form a defensible barrier between Europe and Russia to be administered by Volksdeutsche and tended to by the natives. Former allies and enemies each wished to diminish the power of each other, and amidst the chaos, local supporters of national self-determination had started to pick up arms to enforce their own borders on the Ober Ost.

It is 1 March 1912. Three days have passed since the Final Act of the Peace Conference of Vienna was signed by its attenders, and Ober Ost's fate is open to question.

Welcome! What you see is my first PT-based Roleplay in NationStates. The story is pretty much explained above, but I will summarize the main factions and the "mechanics" of this story as follows:

Factions
There are multiple factions warring -both militarily and diplomatically- for control over Ober Ost. The main ones are as followed:
North Germany: The North German Federation was the prominent occupying force in the Ober Ost during The Great War. When the war ended, it pledged to "put the territory as Mandate so that it would become independent (as one of multiple states) in the next 10 years.", but it has planned, since then, to apply pressure and use of force to divide Ober Ost into a number of vassal states ruled by North German nobility. These Vassal States will hold the native Germans of the region as the privileged class. The vassal states are primarily meant to act as a buffer between Europe and Russia in case Russian aggression begins again. As North Germany has recently been in a state of total war, its military presence in the Ober Ost is mostly limited to Freikorps units (ran by North Germans and native Germans of the area) that maintain the status quo while attempting to quell opposition in the area.
Poland: Poland was originally promised the restoration of the territory it had lost to the Russian Empire in the three Partitions in the final years of the 18th century. While it was extended nearly twice its size by annexing territory from both Russia and the Habsburg Empire, Polish forces wish to restore the borders of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. As Poland deal with the pacification of Galicia-Lodemeria, Austrian Silesia, and Belarusian Poland, its military power to enforce its demands is very limited.
Sweden: Sweden, already controlling all of Scandinavian Peninsula, wishes to reclaim Estonia which it lost to Russia in the early 18th century. Sweden, while large in territory, has a low population and struggles in pacification of the native Finns in Finland which have rebelled against its rule ever since early 1911.
Native Self-determinists: These groups are large in number, and small in allegiance. The majority wish to create National States ruled by their own people. The main groups wishing for Self-Determination are Estonians, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Latvians, Courlandians, and Lithuanians. Rumors of a restoration of the "Livonian" and "Ruthenian" identity have been heard in various parts of Ober Ost, but whether or not these are legitimate contenders is yet to be seen.

This RP acts both as limited Military (War) and Diplomatic (character based). The military factor is limited: The maximum number of troops any single group is allowed to deploy is 30,000 for foreign intervention, and 35,000 for volunteer forces. Remember that this is not a massive naval or otherwise conflict. It's a small-scale intervention in a region that's already doing its best to figure its own shit out. The Diplomatic aspect is located in Berlin, North Germany as diplomats aligned to each relevant nation try to reach a settlement about Ober Ost to end this last remnant of the Great War.

Rules
  • I am the OP, my word is -above all- law.
  • Maintain proper RP etiquette: avoid godmodding, metagaming, unrealistic or anachronistic responses, etc.
  • NS rules apply
  • Non-human nations will automatically be denied. Fantasy and Science-Fiction are nice, but this is not the place, sadly.
  • As you can see in the title and (if you read it) the backstory, this is a Past-Tech Roleplay. Specifically, early Interwar Era technology, development, culture, and governments. The dates may be a bit off, but this story is to happen in the first four years after this world's First Great War.
  • As explained above, this is just after The Great War. You can't deploy millions of troops. You either don't have the pools to mobilize that many or your people aren't going to go to another war right after the most terrible war in modern history ended. Keep deployed troops within range.
  • The international borders of North Germany (which I will RP as), The Ober Ost, Poland, Romania, and Sweden are absolute. Any application that would infringe upon these borders will automatically be denied.

Map and Application Form
The map will be updated regularly once (and if) new applications have been accepted.

Code: Select all
[box][u][b][size=115]Application Form[/size][/b][/u]
[b]NS Account Name[/b]:
[b]Country Name[/b]:
[b]Head of State[/b]:
[b]Head of Government[/b]:
[b]Territory[/b]:
[b]Population[/b]:
[b]Faction[/b]:
[tab=25][/tab]North Germany []
[tab=25][/tab]Poland
[tab=25][/tab]Sweden
[tab=25][/tab]National Revolution [Enter which self-determination movement you support]
[tab=25][/tab]Other [Explain]
[b]Form of Support[/b]:
[tab=25][/tab]Diplomatic [Add the name of your diplomat]
[tab=25][/tab]Military Intervention [Add the ORBAT of your intervention force]
[tab=25][/tab]Voluntary Support [Add the ORBAT of your voluntary force]
[b]RP Sample[/b]:
[pre][/pre][/box]
Last edited by North German Realm on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:32 am

Can we RP as IC characters?

I don't really wanna play as a PT nation for fear of getting some aspects of the politics wrong, but I do find this RP interesting lmao
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:40 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Can we RP as IC characters?

I don't really wanna play as a PT nation for fear of getting some aspects of the politics wrong, but I do find this RP interesting lmao

Sure. You can send a diplomatic task force but not any military personnel. I don't exactly know how the politics work either. Just don't do something that seems out of character for a gov't in the 1920s to do ig :p
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 am

Is it possible to RP as a representative of a people looking for freedom, but not RP as the nation IF it actually gets formed?
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:54 am

Castelia wrote:Is it possible to RP as a representative of a people looking for freedom, but not RP as the nation IF it actually gets formed?
Sure, but in that case, you might risk your "dissolution" as the RP goes by, depending on what happens.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:04 am

/bump
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Bruneian Malaya
Attaché

Founded: May 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruneian Malaya » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:42 am

/tag
will complete app after finishing projects and college applications
>/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/♚.♛\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\<
> |☪︎| KESULTANAN BESAR MALAYA BRUNEI |☪︎|
<
>
May Allah bless our Sultan's rule with wisdom<
Capital: Kota Batu | Sultan: Haji Farid Bolkiah | Religion: Islam | Government: Sultanate | Location: Oceania and Southeast Asia
Anthem: Purih Bangsa | Current RP: WIP
NEWS: WIP

Unironic Bangsamoro Separatist.

Bruneian Malaya
Attaché

Founded: May 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruneian Malaya » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:04 am

Application Form
NS Account Name: Bruneian Malaya
Country Name: Bruneian Malaya
Head of State: Sultan Ysmael Bolkiah I
Head of Government: Sultan Ysmael Bokiah I
Territory: Image, Bruneian Malaya in Deep Purple and Negaraselatan in blue
Population: 88 Million
Faction:
North Germany []
Poland
Sweden
National Revolution [Ukraine]
Other [Explain]
Form of Support:
Diplomatic [Abdul Hadi]
Military Intervention [Add the ORBAT of your intervention force]
Voluntary Support [Add the ORBAT of your voluntary force]
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=462491
>/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/♚.♛\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\<
> |☪︎| KESULTANAN BESAR MALAYA BRUNEI |☪︎|
<
>
May Allah bless our Sultan's rule with wisdom<
Capital: Kota Batu | Sultan: Haji Farid Bolkiah | Religion: Islam | Government: Sultanate | Location: Oceania and Southeast Asia
Anthem: Purih Bangsa | Current RP: WIP
NEWS: WIP

Unironic Bangsamoro Separatist.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents