NATION

PASSWORD

Ave Satanas! Satanism Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Noctis Aeternus
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Ave Satanas! Satanism Discussion Thread

Postby Noctis Aeternus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:53 am

Hello, NSG! Are there any other Satanists here or anyone wishing to learn more about our little understood philosophy and religion? If so, this thread will be for anything and everything related to Satanism, in its myriad forms. Looking forward to some great discussions.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:03 am

So are you a Leveyan Satanist or are you one of the few people who actual worships satan unironically?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Noctis Aeternus
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Noctis Aeternus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:51 am

Theistic Satanist.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am

Needs more OP and poll maybe.

The Zarzane Couraion
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zarzane Couraion » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:55 am

are you from joy of satan?

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 am

Noctis Aeternus wrote:Theistic Satanist.

Honest question, why would you want to devout yourself to an evil deity?
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:24 pm

Thank you for creating a thread where us edgy teenagers can discuss in peace 8)
Last edited by Munkcestrian Republic on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:30 pm

Satanism is the only religion I can get behind. OP, when you say you’re theistic satanist, why do you worship Satan?
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:38 pm

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again, why do you theistic Satanists get off by choosing to recognize one aspect of the Christian mythos and completely ignoring all others, namely the "burn in hell for all eternity" part. It's all just bad fanfiction to be quite honest.

Ignore this question if your concept of Satan as a theistic deity is wholly separate to Christianity (for example, it's based on pagan legends instead).

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:I've asked it before and I'll ask it again, why do you theistic Satanists get off by choosing to recognize one aspect of the Christian mythos and completely ignoring all others, namely the "burn in hell for all eternity" part. It's all just bad fanfiction to be quite honest.

Ignore this question if your concept of Satan as a theistic deity is wholly separate to Christianity (for example, it's based on pagan legends instead).

The Christian Satan, and Hell itself, is a syncretism of pagan beliefs that have been warped to terrify young children as much as possible, so they may be forgiven for wanting to change those beliefs.
Last edited by Jean-Paul Sartre on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:The Christian Satan, and Hell itself, is a syncretism of pagan beliefs that have been warped to terrify young children as much as possible, so they may be forgiven for wanting to change those beliefs.

You said it yourself that it is a Christian creation, which leads back to my original question. Why worship a Christian Satan, not Chernobog or some other Pagan deity? Satanists are still taking that Christian syncretism only they're saying he's actually good or worth worshipping in their headcanon.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Cappuccina wrote:

You can ask christians and muslims the same question ;)
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:35 pm

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:The Christian Satan, and Hell itself, is a syncretism of pagan beliefs that have been warped to terrify young children as much as possible, so they may be forgiven for wanting to change those beliefs.

You said it yourself that it is a Christian creation, which leads back to my original question. Why worship a Christian Satan, not Chernobog or some other Pagan deity? Satanists are still taking that Christian syncretism only they're saying he's actually good or worth worshipping in their headcanon.

Many worship Ahriman the opposer, the Zoroastrian version of Satan. It’s just easier to call yourself a “satanist”.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Pacomia
Senator

Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 pm

Remember the Satanic Hotline from earlier this year?
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:39 pm

I'm actually curious about this too. How does theistic Satanism work? I mean, the majority of modern "satanists" are basically atheists who want to act edgy, but how does one worship Satan (and does it include vilification of the Christian god?) considering the Christian concept of Satan is, in and of itself, a syncretism of pagan beliefs and not something original to Christianity (other than the whole "evil incarnate" aspect)
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 pm

North German Realm wrote:I'm actually curious about this too. How does theistic Satanism work? I mean, the majority of modern "satanists" are basically atheists who want to act edgy, but how does one worship Satan (and does it include vilification of the Christian god?) considering the Christian concept of Satan is, in and of itself, a syncretism of pagan beliefs and not something original to Christianity (other than the whole "evil incarnate" aspect)

They tend to think Satan is a Prometheus figure who brought knowledge and pleasure to humanity, and that God is the world’s biggest killjoy.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:49 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
North German Realm wrote:I'm actually curious about this too. How does theistic Satanism work? I mean, the majority of modern "satanists" are basically atheists who want to act edgy, but how does one worship Satan (and does it include vilification of the Christian god?) considering the Christian concept of Satan is, in and of itself, a syncretism of pagan beliefs and not something original to Christianity (other than the whole "evil incarnate" aspect)

They tend to think Satan is a Prometheus figure who brought knowledge and pleasure to humanity, and that God is the world’s biggest killjoy.

I mean that's pretty much how everyone would interpret the story too if you weren't busy with the "If you don't do as god says you'll go to hell" thing
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:49 pm

Cappuccina wrote:

Not a Satanist myself, though I've done research on various religions including theistic Satanism so I'll explain it as I understand. Some theistic Satanists have a unique take on the God and Satan of the Abrahamic religions. Jehovah or Yahweh (the god of Abraham) is a god but not the god; Jehovah is powerful but not omnipotent. His goal is the unconditional worship and obedience of people. To further this goal, he has tricked people into thinking that he is all powerful and that if he is not obeyed, the evil Satan will win one's soul and torment that soul in hell forever. But Satan actually is not evil and does not want to torment his followers, rather he is a god of creativity and curiosity and freedom, and he wants to help those he deems worthy. The theistic satanist take on the Garden of Eden myth is that Satan came to break Jehovah's hold over man. Eat the forbidden fruit (learn the truth about reality), Jehovah can't hurt you. So Satan is kind of like a friendly cult deprogrammer and patron of science and the arts.

Of course, there are many variations on theistic Satanism and not all of them hold these beliefs. Some sects might have more in common with the atheistic LeVeyan Satanists who see Satan as a god of pleasure and power, the difference being they think Satan is literally a deity while LeVeyans do not. But no Satanists consider Satan or themselves to be evil. Either they think Jehovah/Yahweh is the evil one, or they reject the good and evil paradigm altogether.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:

I understand pleasure but what knowledge?
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:52 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:They tend to think Satan is a Prometheus figure who brought knowledge and pleasure to humanity, and that God is the world’s biggest killjoy.

I understand pleasure but what knowledge?

The knowledge of good and evil, I assume.

Edit: Let’s not forget that the god(s) of the Bible are not so powerful themselves. In the story of the tower of Babel, they fuck up people’s languages because by building a fucking ziggurat, they can become more powerful than the gods. (That’s right—Elohim, that’s plural)
Last edited by Jean-Paul Sartre on Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:53 pm

Page wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:Honest question, why would you want to devout yourself to an evil deity?

Not a Satanist myself, though I've done research on various religions including theistic Satanism so I'll explain it as I understand. Some theistic Satanists have a unique take on the God and Satan of the Abrahamic religions. Jehovah or Yahweh (the god of Abraham) is a god but not the god; Jehovah is powerful but not omnipotent. His goal is the unconditional worship and obedience of people. To further this goal, he has tricked people into thinking that he is all powerful and that if he is not obeyed, the evil Satan will win one's soul and torment that soul in hell forever. But Satan actually is not evil and does not want to torment his followers, rather he is a god of creativity and curiosity and freedom, and he wants to help those he deems worthy. The theistic satanist take on the Garden of Eden myth is that Satan came to break Jehovah's hold over man. Eat the forbidden fruit (learn the truth about reality), Jehovah can't hurt you. So Satan is kind of like a friendly cult deprogrammer and patron of science and the arts.

That's hardly unique - that is literally what the Bible teaches. Just like how Jesus was not the son of God, but the champion of man who managed to secure a truce for Yahweh in the great war between heaven and humanity.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:54 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:I understand pleasure but what knowledge?

The knowledge of good and evil, I assume.

All knowledge in fact. In paradise, Adam and Eve were retarded until they ate the fruit.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Page wrote:Not a Satanist myself, though I've done research on various religions including theistic Satanism so I'll explain it as I understand. Some theistic Satanists have a unique take on the God and Satan of the Abrahamic religions. Jehovah or Yahweh (the god of Abraham) is a god but not the god; Jehovah is powerful but not omnipotent. His goal is the unconditional worship and obedience of people. To further this goal, he has tricked people into thinking that he is all powerful and that if he is not obeyed, the evil Satan will win one's soul and torment that soul in hell forever. But Satan actually is not evil and does not want to torment his followers, rather he is a god of creativity and curiosity and freedom, and he wants to help those he deems worthy. The theistic satanist take on the Garden of Eden myth is that Satan came to break Jehovah's hold over man. Eat the forbidden fruit (learn the truth about reality), Jehovah can't hurt you. So Satan is kind of like a friendly cult deprogrammer and patron of science and the arts.

You. I like you.

Thats the best summarization ever. ^^
Last edited by Nakena on Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:57 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:The knowledge of good and evil, I assume.

All knowledge in fact. In paradise, Adam and Eve were retarded until they ate the fruit.

Pretty much, yeah. Never forget that: in the two stories in the Bible where human knowledge and desire to learn began to prevail, God punished all of humanity.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General