NATION

PASSWORD

And her ways are ways of gentleness [Maintenance; Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Macisikan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Macisikan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:07 am

Site Ochre Green, Classified Location
RK3396.06.04

Testing Hall 4

“Ace of Spades,” Duchandra was seated, the flatscreen hidden from his view.

“Good. Any visual artefacts?” the doctor asked the question and let her eyes rest on the image in front of her.

“No. Nine of hearts.”

“Good. No shapes, halos, flashing lights?”

“No, six of clubs.”

“Good. Any auditory oddness? Voices, pitch-shifting, thrumming?”

“No. Akti XIV in coronation robes.”

“Good. Balance remains sound? Orientation remains stable?”

“Yes. The Lovers, upright.”

“Good. The Premier?”

“Lord Tecuma Ayisin Si’Anak, Order of the Burning Star. Flag of the Republic of Sunset.”

“Good. Who was Ayvin Caskivir?”

“Premier from 3264 to 3276, Macisikani Future Movement. Full name is Ayvin Aeudka Caskivir. Margravine Caskivir is presently overseeing the Stage One migration of Vale of Winds. Robert Hendricks, Ambassador from the Colonial Republic of New Earth, official portrait. Inverted on right-left axis.”

“Good…” the questions continued; memory testing, then brain puzzlers, growing steadily more complicated, while images flashed up. Standard battery of tests really – checking memory, cognition, perception, while also checking the abilities of Talent.

As the perspective of the reader drifts up, one is treated to the sight of the same scene being repeated over and over again; testers and psions and testers and psions in endless ranks. Occasionally one would be led away by some kind medical people, usually to have a bit of a lie down.

Individual 1: “Well?”

Individual 2: “It’s going better than we expected. In fact, many of them are showing increased abilities and sensitivities. Around 5% have to be taken away so it can be dialled down a smidge.”

Individual 1: “Adverse outcomes?”

Individual 2: “So far, about fifty. None severe, all very easily treatable. We’re being so very careful with this. There is some slight risk, but…”

Individual 1: “…but less than having your substrate ferried to one of the shells. Very well; once the testing is complete, you have my provisional approval to take it to the Minister.”
Please address your messages/threats/lies to:
The current cycle is: ʧ19021

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset
“You are not destroying the universe for science.” -Menelmacar
“CanSpamMac is an outlier and should not be counted” -Arkasia

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:30 am

New Thyoph, Zhang-Fei System, The Presidency of Zhang-Fei, Near the Delta/Beta Border
RK3396.06.29

The Lau Arcology, Mazai Region
Offices of the Resident of the United Imperial Kingdoms

The sky was leaking again; a thin, grey drizzle from a thin, grey sky, rancid with the outflow from the Hsai-Kennet Industrial Complex.

Somehow the grime never seemed to touch this building though. Oh, sure, the stuff was currently drizzling down the sides, but it didn’t linger. The air seemed fresher here too. Not that it was hard.

There was a chime as the door to the building cycled, admitting an alien. Tall. Heavily built. Mottled orange skin. His eyes fixed on the receptionists. There were two; both human, typical for this world. Both sporting visible augments; also typical. While the one on the right hadn’t looked up from whatever he – the hair was short like a human “he” tended to be – was doing, the one on the left had, and was watching his approach with interest.

Reaching the desk, he thumped a hand on the desk, eliciting a raised eyebrow. “I am Ko'Li, and I am here to see the Resident.”

“Mr. Ko’Li, I’m afraid that the Resident is not av-” the receptionist cocked his head. “Well,” he stood, smiling thinly.

“My apologies, Dame Apiret will see you. Please, follow me,” he came around from behind the desk and walked to a door in the wall, glancing over his left shoulder only once to ensure the newcomer was following.

Ko’Li loomed over the human, who smirked slightly, pressing his hand against an unseen panel. The door slid open silently, admitting the pair to the chamber beyond.

“Dame Apiret, may I present Ko’Li,” the cyborg bowed from the waist. Behind him, Ko’Li stopped abruptly. The Resident, a female, she, well…

“…she is asleep,” he said aloud – gesturing towards the figure in the chair, who seemed to be reclining, her eyes closed.

“Not at all, Ko’Li,” a woman’s voice echoed around them. “Thank you Hayden. You may go.”

The cyborg bowed again to the figure, and then, delivering another smirk to the newcomer, left them alone.

“So, Ko’Li, is it?” the unseen woman said. “One moment…” and now the figure stirred. Cracking her head to one side, then the other, her eyes slid open; eyes of gold. And then she stood, staggering upright; one step, then another. The movements becoming smoother, as though a distant intelligence was cementing its will over a body that hadn’t been moved in far too long.

She brushed one sleeve, then another, then smiled up at her guest. “I really ought to dust myself off more often,” she said. “Now, Ko’Li. You wished to speak with me.”

“Yes, Resident. You have placed your shield over this world; it was weak, and at the mercy of greater powers. My people… we…” it galled him even now.

“…you are at the mercy of powers greater than your own,” she finished for him, circling. He had the sudden sense of a predator, all feline grace and hunger.

“And so you have come to seek the protection of the Serene Majesty… no?”

“Not entirely, Resident,” he smiled tightly. “We are small enough that, like a ti’vuth when the dar bulls fight, we can creep around unnoticed, so long as we mind our steps. No, it is the others that we come to you for. Two weeks ago, a horde of refugees showed up at our world; and they tell us that many more are coming. We strain to feed our own people, you see…”

She listened with interest as he outlined the situation, and then time slowed. From her perspective, a figure stepped through the wall; one of her counterparts. The newcomer stood, frozen.

“This is the second one since Easter, Apiret,” he said. “And I have my third one on her way to see me right now.”

“Nice to see you too, Airin. But point taken; we’re going to need to need a more coordinated approach,” she said. “Akti over in the Principality of Dira had one last week. We need the High Rechtaire to hammer out a coordinated approach for these refugees before they approach the Metropole directly.”

“I’ll get Akti, and Jehilia, and… well, there’s a dozen of us in this boat,” Airin volunteered. “Best if we all come see Sir Djese. He doesn’t like getting drip-fed these things,” he looked back to her guest and shook his head. “Why us?”

“Because we don’t torture our citizens for funsies,” she counted off on her fingers, “because we have food, and water, and shelter and you don’t have to sell your children to get access to that, because we allow people freedom of belief, do I have to go on? This planet is one step shy of being a cyberpunk dystopia, Airin, although they’re getting better, and its treatment of its people? In the top ten percent of the galaxy’s polities. It truly is astonishing how few nations manage to meet a minimum standard of ‘living there is better than a kick in the balls from a panicked horse’.”

“Charming mental image,” he murmured. “Take your time with this one; Neith is in the middle of her own meeting, and her guest looks to be settling in for the evening.”

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:55 am

TOP SECRET:CABINET-IN-CONFIDENCE

Minutes of the Meeting of the Grand Council held on RK3396.07.01

Meeting brought to order at 14:32.
All present. No apologies.

Time acceleration commenced at 1:100 at 14:33.

Reading of the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the last meeting were read and accepted as being both correct and accurate by a unanimous vote.

Business carried forward from the last meeting
Security Council Report on the Fleet Refit
The Chair of the Security Council is pleased to report that the refit of His Serene Majesty’s Imperial Space Service is complete. The “Prime Series” of vessels has been retired successfully, and all interim models have been retired.

The Premier commended the Security Council and HSMISS for their work in completing the refit.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment A.

Ministry of Crown Services and Civil Society report on psionic transference
The Minister is pleased to report that replication of structures that enable psionic abilities in transference substrate has been successful, exceeding expectations. The Minister is pleased to report to the Grand Council that adverse reactions to the process have been lower than expected; the Minister regrets to inform the Council that of those persons who endured adverse reactions, six individuals have been hospitalised and remain in critical condition, although doctors are hopeful for their recovery.

The Premier moved that the Grand Council offer their best wishes for a speedy recovery to everyone who still requires medical support. The Minister of State seconded the motion, amending that the Grand Council direct through the relevant Ministry and Secretaries of State that all necessary measures be taken to realise this recovery, and to provide support to friends, family, and loved ones of those so afflicted.

Motion carried unanimously.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment B.

External Affairs report on visa allocations for the coming year
The Chairman of the External Affairs Council is present for this agenda item. The Chairman reports to the Grand Council that those nations presently exempted from the Quarantine Order have been informed of their allocations. The External Affairs Council will review the allocations in three months and update and amend as necessary.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment C.

Exchequer’s Report
The Chancellor of the Exchequer presented the accounts of the Realm for the fiscal quarter concluded RK3396.06.30. All variances in expenditure of resources and currency from projections were within tolerances.

The Grand Council accepted the accounts; the accounts are at Attachment D.

New Business
External Associated Polities report on refugees presenting to the Residents
The High Rechtaire for Refugees and Resettlement is present for this agenda item. The High Rechtaire informed the Grand Council that there has been an increased number of refugees presenting to the Residents of the UIK in the External Associated Polities. The High Rechtaire also reported to the Grand Council that there has been a considerable increase in the referral of the number of persons fleeing persecution in foreign polities and seeking refuge in the UIK itself.

The Minister of the Interior expressed surprise as to this latter development, especially given the measures undertaken by previous governments of the Serene Majesty. There followed discussion and speculation as to the cause.

The Grand Council directed the High Rechtaire to continue with the policy of settlement of refugees in the External Associated Polities.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment E.

Science Ministry report on advanced weapons and materiel research
The Minister for Science reports that there have been promising lines of inquiry relating to boundary manipulation in the areas of weaponry, materiel, and ship construction. The Minister reports that the Regent of the Military Research Division is preparing a full report to tender to the Security Council ahead of active deployment of these means.

The Chair of the Security Council welcomed this development, and noted that the MRD is ahead of the forecasted schedule.

The Minister advised the Grand Council that he will report back after the findings are presented to the Security Council.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment F.

Non-Agenda Items
Premier’s concerns relating to the iWe departure
It previously came to the attention of this body that the iWe had departed this material plane. The Premier is of the opinion that this is a significant development with long-lasting concerns for national security.

The Chair of the Security Council echoed these concerns, noting that the Security Council has determined that the departure is a worrying development.

The Premier moved that the Oracle be directed to commence Stage Two of the Transcendence as per authorisations under enabling legislation.

Motion carried unanimously. The Oracle indicated that, as per the enabling legislation, it would implement the directive immediately upon receiving the Royal Assent.

Time acceleration concluded at 14:40hrs.

The Oracle indicated that Stage Two assent had been received.

Next meeting
The date of the next meeting is scheduled for 3396.07.08.

Meeting declared finished at 14:42hrs.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:03 am

Earth 4a-32-1d-e6, Sol System, Solarian Reaches
RK3396.07.14

41.224462, -65.681059
Migration Zone 4: 0440 local time

A robin redbreast in a cage
Puts all heaven in a rage.
(William Blake)

The Fractal Mess of Earth; many nations preferred to avoid it. It had been charitably described as a headache.

But for the sins of the past, it also represented atonement.

On distant Khemet, the wind howled through a trackless waste, a vast plain of ash that carried the memory of trees. Even now, it had not recovered. May not recover.

But that didn’t mean its treasures were lost forever; for every place that had died, there existed a branch where it lived.

Here, they found what they sought; an ancient race singing across the oceans, their wet hymns long-since lost to that gasping world. For long ages an audience sat before the empty stage. And now, the choir would return.

Here, among the unending branches of what-may-be, invitations were extended; salvation offered.

The restoration of a lost glory to a grieving people, a balm for burned souls.

The children atoning for the sins of parents long since consigned to dust.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:21 am

The Anvil of Man, Tichel System, The Metropole of the UIK
RK3396.07.18

Arn-Soleil, 15.64, -16.32 (migrating ENE)
Palace of the Prince-Regent

“Technological advance is an inherently iterative process. One does not simply take sand from the beach and produce a Dataprobe. We use crude tools to fashion better tools, and then our better tools to fashion more precise tools, and so on. Each minor refinement is a step in the process, and all of the steps must be taken.”

— Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, “Looking God in the Eye”

Raining. Again.

Thick drops of sulphurous death that rolled down the windows and along the guttering and out of the spouts and down…

…down…

…down…

…to flash into steam out of sight of the surface.

At this altitude – and given their proximity to the terminator – the harsh brilliance of the sun was dulled to a dirty yellow. It gave their Sovereign a cast to his skin that made him look like he was made from bronze.

A decidedly uncanny look, Rechtaire Shoji decided. Not helped by the fact that his eyes matched the shade.

“…these matters are in your purview already,” Ayivin was saying to Minister Sabariel. “You do not need our approval to pursue any line of inquiry. But we are reliably informed that we wanted to hear this particular proposal,” his hand dropped to the side of the throne; there, seated on a cushion, a short-legged dog pushed its head up to receive scratches.

“Indeed,” Sir Tamlen was good; he didn’t once glance at the Oracle’s bioform. “It concerns the boundary manipulation technology.”

Ayivin’s hand stilled, and Sir Tamlen swallowed. The Oracle let out a little whine; the fingers resumed their motions.

“At present we are able to input some preset patterns,” the Minister continued. “Such as changing between ship types; it requires a physical change to be made to the devices configuring the boundary. We are proposing a more flexible approach. Rechtaire Shoji will present.”

The Ard-Ri’s unoccupied hand made a step forward gesture; Shoji obliged, bowing as protocol demanded.

“Is Your Serene Majesty familiar with the ROM cartridge?” he asked. Next to him the Minister went still.

There was a pause while the eyes of the Monarch fluttered.

“I am now. Continue,” the switch to the singular pronoun was a good sign. He was intrigued. Sir Tamlen relaxed.

“Talking only about Production manufactories; the first-generation ones are configured to a single product; hardwired to produce only one thing,” Shoji continued. “Second-Generation are capable of switching between several preconfigured options, but they are also hardwired in. It’s where we get to the Third-Generation Manufactories that it becomes interesting, and our analogy relevant,” he was in his element; standing as the translator between his cabal of nerds and, well, normal people.

“Third-Generation Manufactories employ templates; again, these are physical ‘keys’ if you will – akin to the ROM cartridges – that you can plug into the Manufactories and use them to tell the boundary to produce,” there was a Royal nod to that. “The limitation is, again, physical interaction with the projection hardware. I said ‘akin’ to the ROM cartridge; really, it’s more like having several drill bits you can choose from. Although we can create the required input template here and send it out, a physical item still needs to be transported – and the receiving Manufactory needs to input it. In some cases, this means removing an old one,” he paused, and glanced to the very-happy-looking dog. A moment later, archival images of the ancient ROM cartridges appeared in the air.

“What we envisage for the Fourth-Generation Manufactories is the boundary equivalent of a ROM cartridge. One-size-fits-all physically, but software internally that can instruct it on what to build. The limitations of the Third Generation would be behind us. Members of my team speculate that for Fifth generation we might be able to offer more of a conventional manufacturing process, with patterns of production able to be loaded in and set – or even spun out in response to code inputs. The advantage being that we would be able to alter these on the fly,” he stopped as the figure on the Throne raised a hand.

“Interesting. But there’s a Benignity liaison in the corner behind you who has lost all blood in her face. I’m going to take a wild guess; security implications, yes?”

The woman in the back, her face considerably redder, nodded.

“Given your people’s predilection for slicing their way across the galaxy, I can rather guess as to specifically what you’re thinking of,” the Sovereign observed dryly. “But Sir Tamlen, are you satisfied that pursuit of this endeavour will benefit these United Imperial Kingdoms?”

“I am, Your Serene Majesty.”

“Then you have our blessing, on one condition,” Ayivin looked at Shoji. “The Benignity will work with you to ensure proper security. And we would advise you to contact the Nimatojin; our interests continue to align with theirs. We wish you success, Sir Tamlen, and Sir Taka Shoji. That will be all.”

As they were ushered out, Shoji felt a Presence.

You had already earned your Oaks, Sir Taka. We are both very pleased with you.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:56 am

CLASSIFED: SECRET

THE UNIVERSITY OF SARAGOVA
Locating forsaken core singularities by direct connection methods
Mara K. Piskara, William K. Suchavi, Bram C. R’charva, Aktia G. M’quevi, Mordecai S. Illu, Capt. Kevis L. Sengrin (ISS), Kylara N. Rechen, Christopher P. Ukarski

Abstract
It is common knowledge now that, as our galaxy formed, a number of smaller galaxies were consumed by it, and that these galaxies contained core black holes with masses significantly above that of normal stellar-mass black holes. Based on observational evidence of other galaxies, these ejected cores are predicted to have been ejected from our galaxy and are currently in the intergalactic void.

This paper offers a testable means to locate those ejected cores though a method related to that proposed by these authors in a prior paper.

We propose employing the Oracle to back-map the trajectories of stars from known precursor galaxies to determine likely core trajectories, and thereby possible present orbits of these ejected cores. With this data, we propose then employing the long-distance arrays to determine the most likely present locations of the ejected cores.

Our paper outlines the initial results of these explorations, and outlines a proposed mission to confirm the presence or absence of ejected cores.

This study was made possible with a grant from the Joint Sciences Research Organisation, the Military Research Division, and support from HSMAF. The authors would like to thank Admiral (Maj) Nanirdaa Arkech and those of her command for their assistance.
CLASSIFED: SECRET

Site Dendrocnide, S-281-772-012-001, Beta Quadrant
RK3396.09.11

HSMAF Deep Space Research Centre
Excelsa Staging Zone

There was a rush, and Kante Argin opened his eyes; around him, the sim shimmered and rippled and finally settled down into solidity.

Welcome aboard, Counter-Admiral.

“Thank you, Oracle,” he murmured; his senior staff manifesting into being around him. When the last one had joined them, he looked around and smiled.

“Offices of the Serene Fleet,” he nodded to each one. “You all know the mission. You all have read the articles. You know what we are to do. Any questions? No? Then let’s go get His Undying Majesty a lost core.”

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:43 pm

Minutes of the Meeting of the Grand Council held on RK3396.10.01

Meeting brought to order at 09:02.

Time acceleration commenced at 1:100 at 09:03.

The minutes of the last meeting were read and accepted as being both correct and accurate by a unanimous vote.

Stage Two of Transcendence
The Oracle delivered an update on the progress of Stage Two of Transcendence. The Oracle is pleased to inform the Council that Stage Two is 78.28% complete, and Stage Two will be fully complete by the end of this month.

The Premier thanked the Oracle for the work undertaken in Stage Two, and commended the Transition Service for their support of the populace.

Security Council Report on Operation Platinum Spaniel
The Chair of the Security Council is pleased to report to the Grand Council that Operation Platinum Council was a complete success. Counter-Admiral Argin’s deployment has reached their objective and confirmed the lack of prior or existing ownership. The Counter-Admiral is now proceeding to secure the objective and conclusively establish the claim of the UIK over it.

The Admiralty Board has recommended that Counter-Admiral Argin be promoted, and commended for his service. The Chair of the Security Council has accepted this recommendation.

External Affairs report on visa allocations
The Chair of the External Affairs Council is present for this agenda item. The Chair reports to the Grand Council that allocations have been utilised at standard rates. The External Affairs Council will review the allocations in three months and update and amend as necessary.

Exchequer’s Report
The Chancellor of the Exchequer presented the accounts of the Realm for the fiscal quarter concluded RK3396.09.30. All variances in expenditure of resources and currency from projections were within tolerances. The Chancellor informed the Council that resource incomes were above anticipated projections, and thus the Treasury is recording a resources surplus.

The Grand Council accepted the accounts; the accounts are at Attachment D.

New Business
Attempted Probe of the Metropole
The Chair of the Security Council reports that the Nower Anchorage at S-11 02-04 detected an incoming probe of unknown alien origin proceeding towards the Metropole on 3396.09.18. His Serene Majesty’s Armed Forces have issued several warnings to the probe but it remained on course. The probe did not match the profile of any known power.

The probe was destroyed by the Imperial Space Service on 3396.09.30. Post-destruction analysis indicates a 98% probability that the probe had the purpose of infiltration or conquest.

The Security Council has designated the sending polity as hostile; a Fleet has been dispatched under the command of Lt. General Admiral Hasankhuy Emish. The Lt. General Admiral has been mandated to dismantle the hostile polity and end the threat it poses to the United Imperial Kingdoms by any means necessary.

The Premier thanked the Premier for keeping the Grand Council appraised of the situation.

Report on the Organisation of the Qi Components of the External Associated Polities
The Vice-Minister for the External Associated Polities presented this report. The Vice-Minister advised that the five systems under the provisional administration of the Daunnor Presidency are moving towards establishment as separate polities in the External Association.

The Premier thanked the Vice-Minister for the report and expressed the Grand Council’s continuing confidence.

External Affairs Report on the latest meeting of the Martian Forum
This report was presented by the Chair of the External Relations Council. The Chair informed the Grand Council that the Heldania Quadrangle has requested assistance in remedying the situation arising from the Incident. The negotiations are ongoing and the Chair will keep the Grand Council informed if any action is required at the Cabinet level.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment G.

Non-Agenda Items
Premier’s remarks on the interloper probe
The Premier observed that the age at which people are undergoing the transcendence process has been steadily declining over the past few years, dropping from to the average age of 33 for humans. The Premier remarked that he does not believe that this shift will impede the fertility of the UIK, given how many people prefer the decantation process over natural birth, but that he would appreciate being appraised of any issues surrounding this matter.

Time acceleration concluded at 09:07 hrs.

Next meeting
The date of the next meeting is scheduled for 3396.09.03.

Meeting declared finished at 09:09hrs.

Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:34 am

SC.R 2 Ayi. XII 29: Acceptance of Surrender

In the name of His Serene Majesty:
The Security Council of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan:

Notes that the polity of the K'Rulou did send a probe towards territory of the United Imperial Kingdoms with the intent to infiltrate and subvert the local authority;

Notes that under the auspices of SC.R 2 Ayi. XII 26, issued under the Standing Mandate to Defend the Realm, a punitive expedition was dispatched under the command of Lt. General Admiral Hasankhuy Emish;

Notes that the armed forces of the polity of the K’Rulou have been been comprehensively neutralised, and all major population centres and political loci have been pacified by the Mobile Surface Service.

1. Declares that United Imperial Kingdoms accepts the unconditional surrender of the K’Rulou polity;

2. Orders that assets of HSMAF be deployed to secure the Occupied Territories formerly of the polity of the K’Rulou;

3. Orders that the leadership of the polity of the K’Rulou, and all persons deemed to be of significance or interest, be remanded to the custody of the Benignity of the Compassionate Hand;

4. Commends the Lt. General Admiral and her forces; and

5. Authorises the Director-General of the Benignity of the Compassionate Hand to take all actions that are deemed necessary and expedient to secure the occupied territories and ensure the stability and continuing security of the United Imperial Kingdoms.

Adopted unanimously in the Conurbation of Saragova in the Year of the Red King 3396

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:25 am

Valley of the Faithful, Diellen System, Metropole of the UIK
RK3396.10.22

Arn-Twa'Churak, Northern Hemisphere
Military Research Division Secure Facility

There was a shudder, and Sir Tamlen shuddered upright.

“Welcome to the Valley of the Faithful, Minister,” Sir Tlasorn, Regent of the MRD, smiled in greeting.

“Thank you, Regent,” the Minister rolled his head from side to side. “Now, what was so urgent that I had to relay myself from the capital today?”

“I think you’ll like this one,” the Regent smiled again, gesturing with one hand. “Oracle, would you be so kind as to prove the background material to the Minister?”

Of course.

“I certainly enjoyed the last one…” Sir Tamlen’s voice trailed off as a data package loaded. “…well now, isn’t that interesting? Demonstration area is down here?”

“Of course, just through here… Shall I be mother?”

“Black, thank you. One sugar.”

“There you go.”

“Ah, just what I needed. Well, that and the demonstration.”

“I know you like exercises,” the Regent cleared his throat. “Commence demonstration.”

The other side of the steelglass lit up as the autoturrets opened up. The Minister and the Regent watched as several kinds of laser, impact round, and other toys wrecked their destructive magic on members of the Mobile Surface Service’s Unmanned Battalions.

Occasionally there was a clink of iron on china as cups were refilled. It was the only sound in the room.

When it was over, the Minister set his cup down and leaned forward.

“Well, that is very interesting. Bring the debris here for inspection…”

At an obliging gesture from the Regent, and the use of little robots with little brushes, the remains were brought forward.

“Astounding,” the Minister ran his fingers thorough a fine black ash. “And with absolutely zero risks of damage to the surrounding areas. Do I detect traces of exotics in this? How in the name of the Nine did you do it?”

“Not dissimilar to the shipbound concept. It’s just a matter of power and maintenance of the parameters after all. Attachment B in your pack has details…”

Sir Tamlen’s eyes fluttered as he accessed the information.

“Nice,” he said. “Very nice. But mass application is still something we’re ironing out I see.”

“Very true Minister. We have a number of grant applications in consideration for trying to develop mass application…”

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:02 am

Ata Vanak, Sibhalash System, the Metropole of the UIK
RKI:12ECEF/0E:56

Shenzou
Analysis Group

The Director turned very slowly, and without apparent movement, as though he was mounted on a rotating platform.

“I’m sorry, Mel,” he said. “I don’t believe I heard you correctly. I swear that I just heard you say that someone tried to hack into the Oracle.”

“You heard me correctly,” she replied. “Someone tried to penetrate the Oracle; foreign origin. We intercepted it, flagged it, and were tracing it.”

The Director rubbed a hand over his face.

“Please tell me that we know who, or at least have leads?”

“Well, not exactly… OK, we don’t. The Oracle does.”

“Oh dear…”

“And by ‘the Oracle does’ I mean it has them. We’re trying to work out how It did it, exactly, but It has them all; the ones who did it, the ones who helped, and the ones behind it. We don’t think it took us to war, but there are two Escadras, their MSS deployments, and three Adjustments teams that we can’t account for at the moment.”

The Director contemplated this for a moment, and then cleared his throat.

“Oracle?”

Yes, Director?

“We are aware of the attack on you. Do you require our assistance?”

No.

“I see. Did you…”

You want to know if the United Imperial Kingdoms went to war without the involvement of the political apparatus. We did not. Such a subversion of the structure of the government, of His Undying Majesty’s will, would be an affront to the Imperial Dignity. It will not be tolerated. Some units were borrowed in order to protect the integrity of vital assets and to defend the Crown, as per the mandate issued by the Security Council under resolution SC.R 1 Ayvin XII 44.

“Resolution forty-four?” both Benignity officials looked confused.

In case of emergency, the Oracle may take such actions as are deemed necessary to preserve, protect, and defend Itself from enemies of the Crown foreign and domestic, but only to the extent required by the exigencies of the situation.

“I see. So those who attacked you…”

Are not your concern.

“May I ask; the people who attempted to compromise you. Where are they?”

We are learning new and interesting things, together.

The Division Head exchanged a worried glance with his subordinate.

“Uh, what precisely are you learning?”

Everything.

“And what are they learning?”

Pain.

In his distant palace in Tichel, the bemused and Undying Monarch of the Macisikani wiped the slobber from his face with a rueful smile. About five minutes earlier he’d been making soothing sounds as he stroked a shivering canine bioform in his lap. Apparently, pats had been exactly what was needed; it was now bounding around the room quite happily.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:17 am

.C. .M. .G. .N.
The Crown Media Group Network: "Without Bias Or Distortion"
You are listening to the CMGN International Service. It is RKI12ECF1/0F:4B.

The Imperial Space Service has issued a statement advising that the Maja Division of the Imperial Space Service has been upgraded to the status of Squadron. Commodore Agah will be joined by Commodores Cutho, Husni, and Chelu, each heading a Division under the command of Commodore-Commander Azash.

The Squadron will be based at Ying Shan Anchorage. Sir Martin Nekarali, the Secretary to the Vice-Minister for the Imperial Defence stated that the deployment was deemed necessary and appropriate by an assessment by the Imperial Military Intelligence Agency.

This change is effective as of 12ECF1/11:00.

Download this broadcast from http://www.cmgn.co.mcn/is/iview/news
(c) CMGN International Service
Last edited by Macisikan on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Snittachi Deep Space Research Station, Snittachi System, Alpha Quadrant
RKI:12ECF4/0C:4B

Lab 4, Green Sector
Construction Methods Research Division

A hiss, and Dame Tishety Aachir, Regent of the Imperial Industrial and Engineering Research Organisation, staggered to full awareness.

“We have got to make this experience a smoother one,” she said, shaking her hands to dissipate the pins and needles.

“I understand, ma’am,” Dr Alban, the head of the lab, was smiling at her. “Last time I came back from leave I faceplanted – feet didn’t wake up.”

Dame Tishety laughed at that. “Then I have to have a word with my counterparts,” she said. “Can’t have our best researchers laid up thanks to a broken nose.”

“I’m sure everyone would appreciate it ma’am,” the doctor said with real feeling.

“Indeed. Now, I understand you have something I want to see?”

“Oh yes,” Alban’s eyes lit up. “We think we’ve solved the very large construction problem. But,” he held up a hand, “this just deals with the construction. Materials collection is a different foxhunt.”

“Expectations; managed,” the Regent replied. “Lead the way.”

She was led to the centre of the lab, where the image of the experiment run was hanging. At the moment, it resembled, well, a morass of crud. Asteroids and debris and chunks of stuff. Raw mass, in other words. The sort that would be utilised to build things – and in this quantity, big things.

“OK,” Dr Alban rubbed his hands together. “The Regent is here; showtime everyone! Let’s kick it off!”

The Regent smiled at that; the smile stayed as a boundary sprang into existence, quickly enveloping the raw mass while the doctor explained what she was seeing.

“…and as you can see, we’ve altered this one such that the value of t is set to be far higher than in the baseline, here it’s set at…”

For several minutes there was nothing while the boundary pinched off the contents.

“…of course, the biggest issue is dissipating S, but we’ve found a use for that, involving channelling it away. Not 100% efficient yet, but much better than just allowing it to wash away in any direction-”

“Sir,” the Doctor was cut off by one of his assistants, “it’s complete.”

“OK,” the Doctor glanced to the Regent, suddenly nervous. “And now for the big reveal. Bring it down and let’s see the result.”

There was a ripple as the cover drew back, to reveal something…

“…amazing,” the Regent breathed. “And it’s stable?”

“Oh yes,” Dr Alban nodded fervently. “In fact, as you can see, it might as well be brand new; and for a very good reason. It is. Now, after S dissipation, dealing with reconciliation – and ensuring we didn’t accidentally trigger a false vacuum collapse – was the second biggest issue, but we do that in the rollback. It is absolutely stable.”

“We’re sure of that?” the Regent looked at the ceiling while asking the question.

Yes. The results are very satisfactory.

“Superb,” the Regent smiled, a proud one this time. “Let’s go fetch Sir Tamlen – he’ll want to see this.”

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:05 am

Mars, Sol System, Solarian Reaches
RKI: 12ECF4/15:4B

New Shedet City, Exarchy of Maja, United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan
Office of the Exarch

Lord Asen deRenci, His Serene Majesty’s Ambassador to the Martian Forum, was holding onto his patience with his teeth.

As I said, Chief Minister, the Nimatojin expressed their regrets at the misunderstanding,” he ground out. “They are merely upgrading the systems in the Solette to extend its useable lifespan and to enhance its fuel efficiency. The incoming heat/light balance to Mars will not be changed. And they have noted that we would prefer to be informed ahead of time in the future-”

“Which is meaningless,” the Chief Minister interrupted. “They noted your request – what joy. They didn’t say they’d ever bother to honour it, and given this–”

“They also didn’t say they wouldn’t honour it,” Asen overrode him, “So perhaps you could–”

“Put my faith–”

“Would you stop interrupting me while I am interrupting you?” Lord Asen glared. “Perhaps you could put your faith in His Serene Majesty’s Government. Your people here, you swore your loyalty and allegiance to our Sovereign; you will be protected. The Nimatojin will not harm you. Ambassador K promised me that they would do their best, that they would try, to let us know ahead of time, and I am satisfied with that.”

The Chief Minister was not entirely placated.

“Put some boots on the ground then,” he said. “If you’re so keen on protecting us; show it.”

“Of course. I will endorse a request to the Security Council for additional Surface Service detachments to be placed here,” Asen offered. “And I’ll contact Ying Shan and arrange for the Commodore-Commander to pay you a visit.”

“What about our request for hardening of the arcologies?” the Chief Minister asked.

“A Development Council or Interior Ministry issue,” Asen said. “But, if you put in your request, I will provide my backing on security grounds.”

“Well then,” the Chief Minister nodded. “That would be enough. Thank you, Lord Asen.”

Asen watched the Chief Minister go.

“Bastard,” he muttered under his breath. “Swear he does it on purpose.”
Last edited by Macisikan on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:24 am

Tenurra, Searase System, The Metropole of the UIK
RKI:12ECF7/08:00

Arn-Kalah, The Conurbation of An'djeda
Medius Signal Multiplex

“There. You see? A repeating burst in the nine band,” the senior analyst bracketed the relevant readings.

“Never a natural source for that,” her junior muttered.

“Indeed. Now, if you feed in the signals from the Array K…”

“…we find the origin.”

They stared at the result.

“Of course,” the Senior analyst muttered. “Of course, it would be them.”

“I hope they like what they see,” the junior sneered.

“They won’t, assuming they can see clearly. Oracle?”

Yes?

“Please package these findings up and relay them to Ata Vanak. Let the Benignity deal with it.”

They are already aware; but yours will be the third confirmatory finding that they are awaiting.

The two analysts exchanged glances.

“Someone’s gonna get a visit from Adjustments,” muttered the junior.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Minutes of the Meeting of the Grand Council held on RKI:12ECFC

Meeting brought to order at 09:05.

Time acceleration commenced at 1:100 at 09:06.

Completion of Operation Platinum Spaniel: Security Council
The Chair of the Security Council is pleased to report to the Grand Council that Operation Platinum Council has concluded successfully. Admiral-Minor Argin’s deployment has completely secured the objective and conclusively established the claim of the UIK over it. Ministry of Science detachments are now arriving to commence study and prepare for the next phase of the operations around the objective.

The Premier observed that certain peer nations ought to be informed of this development, and suggested that the candidate list for Platinum Spaniel be supplied to them. The Premier observed this would be a valuable opportunity for cooperation in the pursuit of shared interests and common goals.

Concerns in the Maja Exarchy
The Chair of the Council for External Affairs presented this item.

The Chair of the CEA is pleased to report that the issue has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of all concerned. The Chair of the CEA notes that there is a related issue to be discussed under New Business.

Stage Two of Transcendence
The Oracle delivered an update on the progress of Stage Two of Transcendence. The Oracle is pleased to inform the Council that Stage Two is 99.98% complete. Stage Two will be complete in time for the new year.

The Premier reiterated his previous thanks to the Oracle for the work undertaken in Stage Two, and recommended that the Transition Service receive recognition in the New Year Honours for their support of the populace.

The Calendar
This item was presented by the Minister for Crown Services and Civil Society.

The Minister reported that the inauguration of the RK Index has completed smoothly, with no discernable disruption. Translation augmentation completely eliminated any domestic difficulties with the introduction of the index, although foreigners have required some assistance.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment D.

Issue of the K’Rulou
The Chair of the Security Council presented this report. The Chair of the Security Council is pleased to inform the Grand Council that SC.R 2 Ayi. XII 29 has been executed successfully, and the polity has been fully occupied by His Serene Majesty’s Armed Forces. The former polity of the K’Rulou is being organized into three Presidencies in the External Associated Polities, and 82% of the leadership has been processed by the Benignity. 348 individuals have been remanded to Ata Venak for further interrogation at present.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment D.

Exchequer’s Report
The Chancellor of the Exchequer informed the Council that the next report will be delivered on RKI:12ECFE, and the new accounts will incorporate the previous report.

There were no accounts or report for the Grand Council to accept under this item.

New Business
Report on the Organisation of the Qi Components of the External Associated Polities
The Vice-Minister for the External Associated Polities presented this report. The Vice-Minister advised that the five systems under the provisional administration of the Daunnor Presidency have completed their separation into separate polities in the External Association. The Qi polities now consist of four presidencies and two princely states (the Presidency of Daunnor, the Principality of Drere, the Republic of Wicelif, the Republic of Sardo, the Republic of Glerrav, and the Grand Duchy of Cadaseth).

The Premier thanked the Vice-Minister for the report and expressed the Grand Council’s continuing confidence.

External Affairs Report on the Environs and Southern Flank of the Maja Exarchy
This report was presented by the Chair of the Council for External Affairs. The Chair informed the Grand Council that the Maja Exarchy has requested that the option to take custody of the neighbouring arcologies as per the Maja Purchase Arrangement be exercised. The Exarchy Government is of the view that this is necessary to secure the peace and prosperity of the Exarchy.

The Chair of the CEA informed the Grand Council that this measure requires a vote of the Grand Council to execute; through the Premier as Chair of the Grand Council, the question was put to a vote, and carried unanimously.

The Premier asked the Chair of the Security Council to execute the option with all available speed.

The Chair of the CEA noted that the Southern Flank of the Exarchy remains vulnerable to hostile powers in the view of the CEA. The Chair advised the Grand Council that the CEA has voted to refer the matter of the Southern Flank to the Security Council.

Non-Agenda Items
Premier’s remarks on the Southern Flank of the Maja Exarchy
The Premier noted that the demise of the Terran territories – and political centre – of the polity of Tsaraine has created a power vacuum on the Southern Flank of the Maja Exarchy. The Premier is of the view that this is an unacceptable risk to the integrity of the Southern Flank, and requests that the Security Council remedy the issue.

The Premier confirmed that the manner of remedy is entirely within the purview of the Security Council.

Premier’s remarks on the attempted breach of the Oracle on RKI:12ECEF
The Premier noted that that the attempted breach of the Oracle was not only unsuccessful, but that the attackers have paid a very high price. He requested that the Oracle, before it execute its resolution 44 mandate again, kindly inform the Security Council that it intended to do so.

The Oracle indicated compliance, and apologised for not doing so in the aforementioned incident.

Premier’s remarks on the form of address for the Serene Majesty
The Premier would like to remind all present that “His Undying Majesty” is not an official term of address for His Serene Majesty, no matter how accurate it is.

Time acceleration concluded at 09:0F hrs.

Next meeting
The date of the next meeting is scheduled for RKI:12ECFE.

Meeting declared finished at 09:12hrs.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 pm

RKI:12ECFE

amt.co.mcn
News>UIK News>Saragova
Royal Tour Announced
His Serene Majesty to visit the Exarchies
Deptaki Misho in Saragova
The Arn-Maciska Times
The First Newspaper: serving the Ancestral City, and through it, the Realm

The Palace has announced that His Serene Majesty will make an official trip to each of the Exarchies of the United Imperial Kingdoms in the new year.

This will be the first visit by the monarch to each one of the Exarcies of the UIK.

The Palace has confirmed that the first Exarchy on the tour would be Aker, beginning at Constantinium in Segment VIII (Jahrid Territory). From there, His Serene Majesty will progress around the circlet, visiting the Wer-Gessian Reefs, the Bodenian Cities, the Hudraen Nations, the Millontian Polities, the Samaastan Flocks, the Klujuss Forest, the United Sinurid Segment, before returning to Constantinium. His Serene Majesty has confirmed that, despite some security concerns, the Hudraen Nations will be included in the tour.

After Aker, His Serene Majesty will proceed through the Beta Quadrant Grand Anchorages, before travelling to the Exarchy of Maja in the Solaran Reaches. The Palace has not confirmed rumours that a visit to the Republic of Sunset or the Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar will be included in the Maja part of the tour.

Once His Serene Majesty leaves Maja, he will trace a circuit clockwise around the galaxy, beginning with the Alpha Quadrant Grand Anchorages, then the Gamma Quadrant, before finishing with the Delta Grand Anchorages.

At present there are no stops planned in the External Associated Polities, but we understand that several, including the Presidency of Beuonos Ionas and Mishiki-jo Association have petitioned the Palace to be included in the tour.

The Palace has said that further details about the tour will be released shortly.

(c) CMGN
Academic citation: Deptaki Misho, RKI:12ECFE Royal Tour Announced: His Serene Majesty to visit the Exarchies, The Arn-Macisika Times, Crown Media Group Network, United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan; http://www.amt.co.mcn/news/UIK_News/Dep ... _Announced
Last edited by Macisikan on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Valley of the Faithfull, Diellen System, Metropole of the UIK
RKI:12ED02/0E:00

Arn-Twa'Churak, Northern Hemisphere
Military Research Division Secure Research Facility

”There are two kinds of scientific progress: the methodical experimentation and categorization which gradually extend the boundaries of knowledge, and the revolutionary leap of genius which redefines and transcends those boundaries. Acknowledging our debt to the former, we yearn nonetheless for the latter.”

— Academician Prokhor Zakharov, “Address to the Faculty”

“Another demonstration I take it Sir Tlasorn?” the Science Minister sounded wasn’t exactly concealing his excitement. The last two times he’d come here they’d shown him something downright fun. “The briefing materials said you’ve solved the problem with the…” he gestured vaguely at his own form, then at the other. “…do we really have to call them that?”

“Until we can find a better name, yes. I’m just happy it’s not something that can be made profane,” Sir Tlasorn sounded unimpressed.

There was a moment of silence.

“Fine,” Sir Tamlen sighed. “Anyway. I’m told you’ve solved the problem with the b-forms. Namely, the mass production issue.”

“Yes, Minister; well, I didn’t. Dr Chan and her excellent team did, and then very patiently explained it to me. The issue is in the anchors, the miniature boundary points. We were having to encode each one by hand, hardcoding it as it were,” he gestured to one of the devices in question. “The end result being that each one was, frankly, set solely to the thing it comes from; good for standardised soldier units, not good for props. And the actual construction itself is such that you might as well just grow the body in a tank. But then we were connected to the Rechtaire Shoji’s work. To use his terms; we were stuck on First-Gen iterations. Second and third gen simply don’t meet the spec – as you well know. But we are in luck; while the theorised Fifth-Generation iterations would be ideal, the Fourth-Gen works just as well. The time to encode a cartridge is a fraction of a construct, and we can hook it to the remote connect.”

“Good work,” Sir Tamlen ventured cautiously after a moment of mulling it over. “But if I recall correctly there was a miniaturisation issue…” his voice trailed off at the Regent’s triumphant smile – and raised an eyebrow as the other gestured for Dr Chan to join them.

“Dr, the security issue,” Sir Tlasorn said.

“Fixed it,” the good doctor’s jet-black hair was tied back in a bun that was as no-nonsense as her tone. “We had to tie up an accelerated processing unit for it, but we fixed it,” she held a hand, into which an image of a small grey hunk of plastic appeared. “Actual size. And it fits the security needs too. This way please.”

Sir Tamlen actually looked impressed now, following the doctor and the Regent to the demonstration area.

“The Benignity has had serious worries about one of these things being impaired or hacked, and compromised, the tech stolen,” he said, peering in.

“Indeed; the concept is ancient, and connects to the notion of the dead man’s hand, but as they say, showing is better. Begin demonstration!”

Before the Minister’s eyes, dozens of forms – bioforms, warforms, synthforms, workforms – were brought out in sets and subjected to various kinds of destruction. In each case, when the damage reached a critical threshold, the form in question shimmered like a mirage in the desert, and then dissolved into fine grey powder.

“That last set was subjected to a cyberattack by the Oracle… and they were all connected.” the doctor said when it was over, and was treated to the Minister being surprised.

“Remind me to thank the volunteers. If your team keeps this habit of producing results up, there may be honours in your future,” he said when he’d recovered. “Oracle, your assessment?”

Very satisfactory. Previous incarnations had a nonzero chance of successful compromise; you would need to compromise the Immaterium itself to do so here. The test volunteers have a consensus that the disconnection “stings” but do not experience any substantive harm.

“I see. But there is the question of the FTLi issue…” Sir Tamlen let the not-a-question hang in the air.

“Indeed,” the Regent nodded enthusiastically, gesturing for Dr Chan to answer.

“We went through a dozen iterations to address that,” she said. “But again, we are in luck; the Rechtaire’s team has already grappled with the issue. We employ a very similar technique. Whereas his units have to be able to withstand it in combat conditions against ship ordnance, we do not have that issue, and FTLi will be something these units have to deal with if they ever intend to enter a foreign port – or the majority of the Metropole for that matter,” as she spoke, images were raised to illustrate the point.

“This is where the anchor comes in; we exploit our own inherent tendency towards this. Each unit contains a magnifier for this, to maintain the boundary in the face of such a field. Of course, a sufficiently strong one will overcome it and cause a reversion, but that will not affect an r-form,” she sounded quite pleased.

Sir Tamlen tapped his chin reflectively.

“One considers,” he said eventually, “that if we were to widely deploy the b-forms, someone would find a way to project the normalisation that FLTi enforces upon us, causing a mass reversion. Not seriously an issue at present, but a security risk nonetheless,” he noticed their stares.

“What?” he said. “I was a Teachta Dála for forty years you know. You don’t survive that long and not develop a mind full of sharp objects. And it’s not like similar weapons haven’t been deployed in the past. But think on it; property damage would be limited, and no-one would die as a result, but the disruption would be aggravating. What we would need is a means to ensure that access to the Materium cannot be disrupted in this way.”

Preservation of the current form manufacturing facilities would easily meet that need, came a reply. And more; all that is truly needed is the preservation of capacity to manufacture r-forms as needed. Options exist to ensure this connection remains intact. Observe.

The three of them reflexively winced as the world faded away to be replaced by images outlining how the issue could be mitigated; around them other figures appeared. The rest of Chan’s team, all with the vaguely uncertain looks of people who weren’t quite expecting to be pulled into an Oracle briefing.

“I’m seeing a lot of familiar technology there,” Sir Tamlen said as they were released back into the world, the team gathering around.

Correct. Current deployments and technologies are ample. Greater concern is that a b-ship based fleet could be nullified in this manner. Power requirements severely limit that as an option, but it is a risk.

“It would be a serious problem if that was ever deployed against the Metropole on a large scale,” the Regent observed.

“I don’t see how anyone would be able to do so sir,” one of Chan’s assistants replied. “Because of how the boundary technology works, FTLi alone isn’t enough; you need to enforce a particular kind of matrix in a particular kind of way at a precise harmonic.”

“A counterharmonic isn’t strictly necessary if you bring enough power to bear,” another piped up. “All you really need to do is force the nearest stable patch onto the area in question, and sproing; prime asserts itself, thing goes bye-bye.”

“Yeah, taking a snapshot of the nearest stable area is the best way to build a reference frame, and… oh no. Akti has that look on his face again,” a third assistant was staring at a point about six metres on the other side of Sir Tamlen’s head.

“Sorry, Minister,” Dr Chan said, “he does this when he’s thought of something destructive. Akti? Akti, are you there? Hello…” she waved a hand in front of his face.

“…what if,” the third assistant’s voice was distant, “what if you wanted to destabilise a matrix instead?”

A pause.

“Dr Chan?” the Regent was staring at the third assistant with a considering look. “I think we might need to transfer someone to weapons research.”

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:47 pm

.C. .M. .G. .N.

You are listening to the CMGN International Service. It is RKI:12ED05/08:00.

The Security Council has announced that additional Imperial Space Service assets will be deployed in response to an “emergent situation”.

An Amarda has been deployed to the Mishiji-jo Multiple, which has been placed under interdict by the Security Council. Admiral Matena Unnar has announced that, effective as of 12ED05/09:00, any unauthorised vessel attempting entry to the Multiple will be destroyed without warning.

Three additional ISS Squadrons, with additional Mobile Surface Service assets, have been deployed to Sol to bolster the force at the Maja Exarchy, raising the total strength in the system to the status of Escadra under the command of Subadmiral Trasa Kells.

Additional forces have been deployed to the Sendaar Tau VII system, which is in the jurisdiction of the Phoenix Domain. The ISS has declined to comment on the purpose of this deployment, but we understand they are presently not engaged in combat operations.

A Security Council spokesbeing has confirmed that the ISS has destroyed two shuttles belonging to the Heldania Quadrangle is related to this activity. In an official statement released just moments ago, the Council declared that the shuttles were destroyed without warning due to “the unacceptable risk of contamination by a malignant biological agent to systems under the protection of His Serene Majesty’s Government.”

Invoking provisions in the treaties governing relations with the External Associated Polities, the Security Council has ordered the progressive roll-out of special quarantine measures across the External Associated Polities.

In related news, the ISS has deployed a special taskforce to Delta; this taskforce has been instructed to conduct inspections of all vessels suspected of carrying the “malignant biological agent”, and to destroy any vessel that does not comply. This taskforce is confirmed to be acting in cooperation with, and in support of, operations already underway by the Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar.

Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:27 pm

Agrela's High Garden, Tichel System, the Metropole of the UIK
RKI:12ED05/08:32

Conurbation of Saragova
Security Council Chambers

“In devastation there is opportunity.”
― Rebecca McNutt, Bittersweet Symphony

“Pathogen 34,” Lord Akir buried his face in his hands; next to him, Thakur was quietly turning the air blue. “They were trying to weaponise Pathogen 34. Next time just go ahead and weaponise the Ragged King. It’ll go just as well.”

“No doubt they’re not the only ones,” Sir Akaan grimaced. “I have never lost a wager betting that one of those civilisations will do something incredibly stupid. And this is something that was designed, the sole purpose in that design being to destroy organic life – any it can’t destroy, it enthrals. And on top of that, it can think for itself. If I went to Sir Tamlen or to Sir Tlasorn and asked them if we could weaponise it, the latter would tell me it’s an unbelievably stupid idea; the former would try to get me committed.”

“Really?” Lord Akir sounded slightly surprised. “Sir Tamlen, yes, the man understands risk; but the MRD Regent is a little, well…” he made a wavy motion with his hand.

“Yes,” Sir Akaan replied. “But he’s got a simple view on things that can think for themselves; never weaponise one that you didn’t make. It’s why anyone who tries to weaponise the Krâng ends up in a missing persons file courtesy of the Benignity.”

“Still, there is a chance for us to gain some advantage,” Thakur had come down from her profane high. “We can step up Operation Indigo Dragonfly. The reinforcements to Sol, and the ground forces being provided to Maja, are precisely what the Operation called for.”

“…are the Nimatojin or the Menelmacari going to be an issue?” Lord Asen De’Ittaron spoke for the first time. He’d spent the last few minutes just staring off into space.

There was a pause while Sir Akaan consulted.

“No. They were hesitant initially, but then seemed almost relieved that someone was going to take custody of the area,” he advised, managing to sum up several weeks of work and negotiations into twenty words. The CEA advisor quietly turned her eyes to the heavens and prayed for strength.

“Well, then,” De’Ittaron said. “If they’re ok with it, then I see no reason to hold back. Signal the Force Commander; tell him to begin.”

Mars/Carnil, Sol System, Solarian Reaches
RKI:12ED05/08:3A

Exarchy of Maja, the UIK
Maja/Tsaraine Border

The only sound in the quiet of the night was the soft sigh of the wind through the vegetation, the nocturnal sounds of animals going about their business of life – ending it, making more of it, sustaining it.

The only illumination here was starlight, and the distant reflected light of a township… and dozens upon dozens upon dozens of streaks of orbital entry.

The lights of the town flicked off.

Agrela's High Garden, Tichel System, the Metropole of the UIK
RKI:12ED05/08:3B

The Palace, Conurbation of Saragova
Press Office

“Will this Pathogen 34 business affect His Serene Majesty’s travel plans?”

“No. His Serene Majesty is fully migrated; outbreaks of Pathogen 34 no more affect him than an outbreak of the flu would. Steve, then Dianne.”
Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:40 pm

"Do you have a flag?"
-Eddie Izzard

.C. .M. .G. .N.
You are listening to the CMGN International Service. It is RKI.12ED0C/0D:00.

The Security Council has announced the successful completion of a police action on the Southern Border of the Exarchy of Maja. When the territory that comprises the Exarchy was first purchased from the Nimatojin, a provision in the purchase agreement gave the Grand Council the option to take custody of the arcologies that border the initial territory to the northeast and southwest.

On 12ECFC the Grand Council voted to exercise that option, directly incorporating the arcologies into the Exarchy, and doubling the population.

CMGN has been informed that, following a set of border incidents and security breaches along the southern frontier of the expanded territory, the Security Council requested a Dáil Mandate to properly secure the southern frontier. Under a resolution to execute the Mandate, His Serene Majesty’s Armed Forces turned back several incursions from the territory known as Martian Tsaraine.

We understand that this triggered several insurgencies in the territory, severely destabilising it. To forestall loss of life and ensure the security of the Exarchy, His Serene Majesty’s Armed Forces initiated a police action, codenamed Operation Indigo Dragonfly. A Security Council spokessynth has advised us that, following a series of skirmishes, HSMAF took custody of Nova Arilkhant as a necessary action to preserve civil order.

The spokessynth further advised that the Security Council is now considering the proper course of action with regards to the further administration and consolidation of the territory.
Last edited by Macisikan on Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:42 pm

amt.co.mcn
News>UIK News>Aker
They Did But See Him…
Royal Tour Completes Aker
Deptaki Misho in Constantinium
The Arn-Maciska Times
The First Newspaper: serving the Ancestral City, and through it, the Realm

An estimated three in every ten people in the Exarchy of Aker have turned out to see His Serene Majesty as he toured the eight segments of the circlet. This includes more than half of the people of Constantium; His Serene Majesty hailed as the Great Saviour of the people here, as it was during his tenure as Prince-Regent that the UIK arrived and put a halt to a terrible famine that threatened to destroy an entire people.

After a brief visit to Constantium – named after His Ascended Majesty, Constantinus VII – His Serene Majesty visited the Wer-Gessian Reefs, diving with the elders in a special form adapted to the aquatic environment. Wer-Gessian Elder The Bright Fin Turns told our correspondent that her people considered it a singular honour that the great Star Lord would come among them on their own terms. The visit has spurred significant interest in the greater UIK, and the locals expressing a desire to integrate more fully into Macisikani society.

His Serene Majesty then went on to the Bodenian Segment, presiding over the State Opening of the Congress of the Cities, before addressing the full body to great acclaim, and presiding over several ceremonies of induction. Named “Saviour of the Eggs” by the locals, His Serene Majesty was greeted on arrival – and farewelled on departure – by numerous younglings that bear his personal and regnal names. His Serene Majesty said he was truly touched by this gesture of devotion from his Bodenian people.

The next segment was widely thought to be potentially the most problematic, as the Hudraen nations have not been entirely willing to abandon their fierce internal rivalries, but again His Serene Majesty won the locals’ hearts; this time by engaging in ritualistic combat before the local monarchs. Many Hudraens were surprised by this – it is considered a requirement of a true leader among them that the leader know how to fight, and they had formed a view that we Macisikani sent others to fight for us. They were quite surprised to discover that His Serene Majesty was very adept in the combat arts; although long-time Royal watchers will recall that our Monarch was a fire dancing champion at university. His Serene Majesty is now the talk of the Hudraen cities for his skill at wielding two blades at once – I hear the tale grows with each retelling!

After this, His Serene Majesty addressed the Assembly of All in the Millontian Polities, and presided over a session of the chamber. His Serene Majesty then stepped out of his official role for a while to preside over a service in his capacity as the Incarnate Member of the Nine, and to bestow his blessings upon several thousand lucky Millontian couples who are either engaged or had been recently married, as well as participating in blessing rituals of numerous children. His Serene Majesty then surprised us all by dropping in unannounced on a wedding service, blessing the union and praying that the happy couple would have long lives of joy together.

When visiting the Samaastan Flocks His Serene Majesty again showed his sensitivity to the cultures of his people, by judging the results of a Great First Hunt – the ritual whereby young Samaastans become adults with their first kills – before engaging in the great sharing. Palace Officials confirmed that His Serene Majesty, in deference to local custom, did indeed track and kill an indigenous lifeform – a known foodstock animal – as part of the ritual. The Samaastans were deeply impressed that His Serene Majesty was willing to descend from his great metal bird and partake in their rites.

His Serene Majesty next spent several days travelling between the elder groves of the Klujuss Forest, paying special attention to areas that have recently been rescued from the Black Blight. The Klujuss were overjoyed when His Serene Majesty personally promised that the scourge would be eliminated by year’s end – though a certain dog has told your correspondent that His Serene Majesty’s promise should be fulfilled by Christmas. His Serene Majesty was also pleased to hand out several scholarships to study on Agrela’s High Garden to Klujuss youths.

Next on the list was the United Sinurid Segment; His Serene Majesty there engaged in a discourse with a local orator for eight hours on the universality of music. Sinurid officials stated that the topic had been selected purposefully for being nonpartisan. Amusingly for all present, the discussion was brought to an end by an inquisitive child who asked if His Serene Majesty required sleep, given how much he'd been up to! We in the press pool were quite surprised; we hadn’t realised how avidly the people of Aker have been following the progress of the tour.

Finally, His Serene Majesty returned the Jahrids. Our readers know the tragic tale of that noble people all too well, and it is no surprise that they have the deepest affection for their Great Provider. His Serene Majesty toured several major cities, addressing large crowds and applauding the Jahrids for the speed of their recovery. On returning to Constantium, the Jahrid Mayor presented His Serene Majesty with the Sword of the City – an ancient ritual that the Jahrids have adopted from the UIK. His Serene Majesty, of course, immediately returned the sword to the Mayor, symbolising his confidence in the Mayor.

His Serene Majesty said in his parting statement that he looks forward to visiting Aker again; he has been deeply touched by the warmth and depth of affection that his people in the Exarchy have for him.

Your correspondent was left with the impression that the people of Aker have been very impressed and deeply moved by the sensitivity and understanding that His Serene Majesty displayed to subjects of all eight races.

Our next stop is the Grand Anchorage of Memphur, the first of the Grand Anchorages of the Proximal Quadrant.

As always, our readers can find the full details of each part of the tour here on the Arn-Maciska Times.

(c) CMGN

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:22 am

.C. .M. .G. .N.
You are listening to the CMGN International Service. It is RKI.12ED0D/09:00

Several announcements from Saragova follow.

His Serene Majesty’s Government congratulates the Secretary-General of the Republic of Sunset and her wife on the birth of their daughter.

His Serene Majesty is pleased to announce that Dame Ashkmin Thakur R.M.Q., K.Pn., has been made a Rí Tuatha in the Asanguineous Peerage of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan.

His Serene Majesty’s Government has announced the acceptance of the Princely State of Liann Jiun in the Distal Quadrant into the External Associated Polities.

His Serene Majesty’s Government has announced the acceptance of the Presidency of Halmai in the Dexter Quadrant into the External Associated Polities.

Lady Atwak deTrakanuli, 3rd Countess of Khawen has kissed hands as Chair of the Sophont Rights Council.

His Serene Majesty’s Government has reactivated the Embassy to the Free Kingdom of Allanea, satisfied by that polity’s Pathogen 34 prevention methods.

The Council for Subluminal Affairs has brought forward a resolution to convert its missions to Roaming missions; the public consultation period closes in five days.

Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:20 pm

SC.R 4 Ayi. XII 19: the Creation of the Trust Territory of Tsaraine under UIK administration, and related matters

In the name of His Serene Majesty:
The Security Council of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan:

Notes that under the auspices of SC.R 2 Ayi. XII 15, authorised by a special measure of the Dáil, His Serene Majesty’s Armed Forces have executed a police action to secure the borders and maintain the security and continuing stability of the Exarchy of Maja;

Notes that the armed forces of the polity of the territory formally known as Martian Tsaraine have been comprehensively neutralised, and all major population centres and political loci have been pacified or secured by the Mobile Surface Service;

Pursuant to the provisions, requirements, and objectives of the aforementioned special measure;

1. Declares that United Imperial Kingdoms formally takes custody of the territory formerly known as Martian Tsaraine;

2. Orders that the territory formerly known as Martian Tsaraine be designated the Trust Territory of Tsaraine under UIK administration (the Trust Territory);

3. Establishes a Commission of Governance under the to determine the future status of the Trust Territory;

4. Commands that the aforementioned Commission of Governance report back to the Security Council in one year with a recommendation on the longer-term form of governance of the aforementioned Trust Territory, taking input from relevant parties including local authorities;

5. Authorises the appointment of a Governor Militant by the Premier-in-Council and places the daily administration of the Trust Territory into the hands of the aforementioned Commission under the Governor Militant; and

6. Appoints an Ombudsman for the Trust Territory to ensure sound administration, maintenance of law, and to execute related duties; and further

7. Mandates that this resolution shall require revisitation by this Council at most one year from today.

Adopted unanimously in the Conurbation of Saragova on RKI.12ED0F.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:43 pm

Official Communiqué

Classification: SECRET
From: Lady Ashkmin Thakur, Secretary to the Security Council
To: Secretary-General Erika Silaco of the Republic of Sunset
Subject: Heldania Penrose Activation

To Secretary-General Silaco, greetings in haste;

I am writing to you with regards to the activation of the Penrose installation by the Heldania Quadrangle.

The Security Council has sought a mandate from the Dáil to remand the installation into the custody of His Serene Majesty’s Imperial Armed Forces, or to take other measures as the Security Council deems fit to render safe the installation. This mandate has been granted.

In accordance with the mandate, the Security Council has resolved to cooperate and coordinate with the Republic of Sunset and the Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar in rendering safe the installation. To that end, in the first instance, we shall defer to the Republic.

Regards,
A. Thakur
Rí Tuatha Ashkmin Thakur
His Serene Majesty’s Secretary to the Security Council
United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan
Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:11 pm

An object is hurled at 0.8c in the direction 32.12° 15'31" from the point P indicated on the map. Calculate its approximate location after a. 1 hour, b. 6 months, and c. 1 Imperial Year. For extra credit, where is it now?
-Calculation question posed to several ISS ensigns, RKI12ED01

“Loose ends are for tying up.”
-HSMAF adage

At the answer to the extra credit question, just outside the Metropole, Beta Quadrant
RKI:12ED0E/14:47

HSMV Guillaume
Macisikani Strike Force

“Right where we expected them to be,” the Guillaume’s captain said with satisfaction.

“I still think that throwing something in their path would be a lot more efficient,” her XO grumbled.

“I agree Dak, but scuttlebutt says that the Lady herself wants to know what happens when we hit something that fast with a Suppressor. If we can hit something that fast,” the Captain’s tone was wry.

The XO didn’t buy it for a second.

“If the Council wants to know what happens, they’d set up a pocket and test it there away from prying eyes,” he pointed out. “More like they want to annihilate whatever it was the Benignity was dicking around with. And frankly Cap, I’m not even a little curious beyond that.”

The Captain made a sort of facial shrug. He had a point; if you tried to find out what the Benignity was dicking around with, all too often the answer was “you.”

“Excuse me Captain.” The Guillaume’s shipmind choose that moment to speak up.

“Yes Gil?”

“Targets acquired. I have a firing solution. Would you like to watch?”

“Please.”

Before them space flashed into being; the capsules, containing those cursed purple pods that had popped into existence out on the frontier of the Metropole all that time ago. The captain and crew of the Guillaume had no idea of course; to them they looked like bog-standard cargo capsules. Grey, squat, sausages. Two of them; side by side, flying out of the galaxy on a trajectory that would take them, in maybe a few billion years, past a lonely star in the great void.

They were crawling along; a measure of the acceleration the ISS personnel were enjoying.

“Scan confirms the tamper-seals are still intact.”

“Thank you Gil,” the Captain said. “Ok, you-”
“Excuse me captain,” the XO intervened, and whispered something into her ear. After a second, a delighted smile crossed her face, before she smoothed it away.

“Ahem,” she carefully brushed her uniform and straightened.

“Shipmind Guillaume,” she intoned, “you may fire when ready.”

The solemn expression lasted another moment before she started to giggle. “Thanks XO. I’ve always wanted to say that.”

The shipmind’s avatar gave them an indulgent and faintly puzzled smile; outside twin fingers of death reached out to touch the capsules.

There was a brief flash, and then they were just clouds of radiation and recombining baryons.

“Destruction is total. Captain; I’ve picked up another object in proximity.” That caused some frowns – frowns that vanished at the next words from the shipmind.

“Looks like a Phoenix Domain probe,” it said. “Damaged FTL system it seems.”

“You know the rules Gil,” the XO said with a sigh. This was going to lead to paperwork; he could see it.

There was another flash of annihilation.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates