NATION

PASSWORD

How do you grow your region?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Harboa
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

How do you grow your region?

Postby Harboa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:52 pm

I'm trying to build an RP region with the concept that you have to be a city state to join. how do I make it grow into other RP regions?
Hey you! Yeah you! Interested in being a one city nation? Join here https://www.nationstates.net/region=the_union_of_city_states

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 pm

I am not sure what you mean. Do you want the concept to be accepted as a rule by other regions as well? If so, then you can't force regions to accept a rule like this, as they have the right to determine themselves who can and can't enter or how they govern themselves.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Harboa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Harboa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 pm

oh no that's a typo. I meant grow LIKE other RP regions
Hey you! Yeah you! Interested in being a one city nation? Join here https://www.nationstates.net/region=the_union_of_city_states

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Harboa wrote:oh no that's a typo. I meant grow LIKE other RP regions

Set up some rules and a government, start recruiting people by buying stamps, and then set up a RP.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Harboa wrote:oh no that's a typo. I meant grow LIKE other RP regions

Set up some rules and a government, start recruiting people by buying stamps, and then set up a RP.

Maps tend to be popular as well! So if you're able to create a map for the region you're playing that should draw people's attention as well :)

I've had a look at your region and something that you should consider lifting is the password. People tend to be lazyish and if there's a password involved, they'll go look for a region they can join by just one click and little effort.

Also, try to establish more of an identity for yourself. Look for people to put into your region's government, think about an off-site forum and definitely advertise yourself through telegrams.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Harboa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Harboa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:40 pm

A government? like an administration for my region?

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Moved to Gameplay.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Kawaii Schoolgirl
Attaché

Founded: Oct 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kawaii Schoolgirl » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Harboa wrote:A government? like an administration for my region?

Most regions have a government people can join to help build the region. For instance, a region might have a ministry of Internal Affairs, if a nation applied to joined it, then they would be able to help develop and promote the region's culture. The ministry of Foreign Affairs would be responsible for reaching out to allies to keep the peace between the two regions, maybe promote celebratory events between the two.
❚⠀⠀❚ ❚⠀⠀❚

181st Plushy Squadron Commander

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:00 pm

You don't. Regions suck, build an RP group instead, then you can have people from various people joining you without feeling they've betrayed their other groups. ;)
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Harboa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Harboa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:21 pm

ok. I'll see if I can get my region to not be password locked or I'll just recruit people.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Harboa wrote:A government? like an administration for my region?

Yes. Who controls who in a roleplay series, who decides what particular action to let a RP go on... stuff like that.

Karteria
Envoy

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Karteria » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:26 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:Set up some rules and a government, start recruiting people by buying stamps, and then set up a RP.

Harboa wrote:ok. I'll see if I can get my region to not be password locked or I'll just recruit people.

Be forewarned – recruiting is hard, and a lot of patience is required.

If you don't want to spend some cash on stamps, even manual recruitment can help.
Last edited by Karteria on Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Assembly Delegate for the New West Indies region.

Harboa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Harboa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:35 pm

it seems that manual recruiting would just be more complicated than just buying some stamps and recruiting nations that way.

Karteria
Envoy

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Karteria » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Harboa wrote:it seems that manual recruiting would just be more complicated than just buying some stamps and recruiting nations that way.

If you want to pay the money, buying stamps is definitely the simpler route.
World Assembly Delegate for the New West Indies region.

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 am

Worth noting, for everyone here, that the OP is not the founder or an officer of the region, the founder is inactive, and the region is password-locked (though OP seems to know the password), which would make recruiting very hard, since you can't change the region's appearance at all, and don't have anything to offer to new recruits.

I would advise just starting your own region.

Aeisonia
Envoy

Founded: May 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeisonia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:07 am

I used a shit-load of puppets
Defence Alert Level [DEFALLEV]
[2]
Top National Stocks
AUS ↓ 0.234%
NRM ↑ 1.34%
AGA ↑ 4.87%
HGG ↑ 3.00%
PAS ↑ 1.23%
Post-societal-collapse authoritarian corporate cyberpunk hell

This nation is a perfect representation of my views.

"Dissent? Crushed. Human Rights? Never existed. Opposing countries? Obliterated. Godmodders? Hung from a streetlamp. Minorites? Forced to the dig their own graves and shot. Your sole purpose in life? Spend money, procreate, and die. Hotel? Trivago." -Neos Realm

Anthem:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMgRvlphJ4

Aeisonia
Envoy

Founded: May 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeisonia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:08 am

Harboa wrote:it seems that manual recruiting would just be more complicated than just buying some stamps and recruiting nations that way.

You can always use telegram api.
Defence Alert Level [DEFALLEV]
[2]
Top National Stocks
AUS ↓ 0.234%
NRM ↑ 1.34%
AGA ↑ 4.87%
HGG ↑ 3.00%
PAS ↑ 1.23%
Post-societal-collapse authoritarian corporate cyberpunk hell

This nation is a perfect representation of my views.

"Dissent? Crushed. Human Rights? Never existed. Opposing countries? Obliterated. Godmodders? Hung from a streetlamp. Minorites? Forced to the dig their own graves and shot. Your sole purpose in life? Spend money, procreate, and die. Hotel? Trivago." -Neos Realm

Anthem:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMgRvlphJ4

Harboa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Harboa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:10 pm

East Meranopirus wrote:Worth noting, for everyone here, that the OP is not the founder or an officer of the region, the founder is inactive, and the region is password-locked (though OP seems to know the password), which would make recruiting very hard, since you can't change the region's appearance at all, and don't have anything to offer to new recruits.

I would advise just starting your own region.

I don't really want to leave the owner of my region. again... but sure I guess I can start a new region
Last edited by Harboa on Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay