NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 76 | OOC | SIGN-UPS CLOSED

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:08 pm

Polkopia's Worldvision win marked the first time in twenty-five editions that the nation managed to win the competition and a wave of celebration ensued within moments of the initial announcement. With this win, the PNB realized that the broadcaster had monumental public support behind it, as many found that the broadcaster had finally adopted a winning formula, and thus the PNB has opted for yet another edition of the Landa vy Polkopiya to select Polkopia's entrant for the upcoming Worldvision Song Contest - to be hosted in a city that has not yet been chosen by its participating nations.

The upcoming Landa vy Polkopiya has a twist, however. The most popular entries in the national final over recent years have all been re-entered by the artists, who've all earned another chance to win this special edition of the competition with their previous songs. Although this 'Best Of' edition has been used before in the National Final's history, it had never been initiated with the current format of the Landa vy Polkopiya, and many are hoping that this combination of great songs and a winning national final formula will produce a quality entry from Polkopia.

The lineup for this "Best Of" edition of the Landa vy Polkopiya has been revealed! As always, the PNB is calling on international juries to submit their votes before the conclusion of the semi-finals, and this result will be mixed with a televote in a 50/50 format in order to calculate the overall winner of the competition. The list of competing entries can be found below:

Semi #1

#1. Anna Viktoreevna - Had Enough
Language: English
Tune: Grace Carter - Don't Hurt Like It Used To

#2.Mariya ft. Aleksis Viktorsnatch - Next To Me
Language: English/Polkopian
Tune: Lexa feat. Gloria Groove - Provocar

#3. Kostya Bronn - Mannequins
Tune: Troye Sivan - Strawberries & Cigarettes

#4. Mirela Santana - Never Look Back
Tune: Annalisa - Dov'è che si va

#5. Nastya - Trace
Language: Polkopian/English
Tune: Bebe Rexha - Grace

Semi #2

#1. Martina Daraneevna - In This Way
Tune: Maty Noyes - In My Mind

#2. Martin Tyvin - Prisontsta
Language: Polkopian
Translation: Sunrise
Tune: Diogo Piçarra - Paraíso

#3. Klara Kepp ft. Mariya Daknivoa & Anna Varaseevna - Bye Bye
Language: English/Polkopian
Tune: Sofia Reyes - R.I.P. (feat. Rita Ora & Anitta)

#4. Sergey Borisčev - Praktika
Translation: Practice
Tune: Renan Pitanga - Sax

#5. Anton Leps - Nikugda
Translation: Never
Tune: Raoul Vazquez - Estaré Ahí

To vote: Send a TG (Or DM on Discord) to Polkopia with all 10 of the songs in order from your favorite to least favorite.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:39 am

He`s making a shitty entry
Writting it twice.
Some one is on thin ice

Vartugia is comming to steal your girl.

(We confirm our entry)
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Lactatia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lactatia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:23 am

We're in.

Artist: XXXCLUSIVE LEWD LACTATION BABES
Song Title: Screw Your Man (Radio Edit)
Tune: City Girls - "Take Yo Man"
Last edited by Lactatia on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:24 am

Besen's tune is Loreen - I'm In It With You
North Arenia's tune is Ava Max - Sweet but Psycho

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:25 am

Lactatia wrote:We're in.

Artist: XXXCLUSIVE LEWD LACTATION BABES
Song Title: Screw Your Man (Radio Edit)
Tune: City Girls - "Take Yo Man"

Confirming puppet.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BVC News: 13th August 2019

Postby Britonisea » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 am

Brityunik Vefecosoin Cairkovoin - NEWS
http://www.bvc.com/news

The #1 News Tabloid 2015-2017 in United Republics, BVC.

13th August 2019
Serving nationwide

THE BTVB (THE BRITONISH TELEVISION BOARD) SUSPENDS BITC WORLDVISION RIGHTS AS ELEANORA BUCKINGHAM'S FAMILY LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION - WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

By Damien Matthews

Ever since BITC sent their first WorldVision Song Contest entry1 in WorldVision 61, the broadcaster has won three times and come runner up four times in 12 editions. With Eleanora's investigation and despite BITC's WorldVision contract renewal, The BTVB have suspended BITC from participating in WorldVision Song Contest until after the investigation...

In the morning of today, we saw dramatic pictures of the BITC Board going to the Headquarters of the Britonish Television Board in the capital, Doportedas, with many not knowing what the problem was. It was later revealed in the media that Eleanora Buckingham's family has launched an investigation to find out who is responsible for Eleanora's fall and subsequent non-participation at the WorldVision Song Contest 75 which was held in Kalosia. Allegedly, the family blame the broadcaster for not ensuring that Eleanora Buckingham was safe during the trip to Kalosia, accusing the broadcaster of failing to take extra precaution because of her age. In addition to this, according to the family, malice may have been involved in Eleanora's hospitalisation but they have said that they are unsure about this and are requesting CCTV from the hotel in Kalosia at which Eleanora Buckingham stayed. News outlets have reported that Eleanora Buckingham had fallen down some stairs at the hotel and was left in the stairwell for around 3-4 minutes before a BITC personnel looking for her found her.

In light of the situation, The BTVB summoned the BITC Board and members of the Britonish WorldVision Song Contest Delegation to an important meeting this morning which - we understand now - saw The BTVB suspend BITC's WorldVision Song Contest rights. In Britonisea, the BTVB decide in editions of 5-7 who gains the rights to the WorldVision Song Contest. Since the 60th WorldVision Song Contest, BITC won the rights on four occasions (with the fourth occasion being a contract which is supposed to start this edition). Suspending BITC's WorldVision rights means that the broadcaster cannot submit or broadcast the WorldVision Song Contest until the suspension has been lifted.

Currently, there are no available broadcasters to broadcast the WorldVision Song Contest 76 which means Britonisea cannot participate at the moment. However, The BTVB understands WorldVision's popularity and the fact that the nation has had the contest being broadcasted on one of its channels for the past 45 editions. It welcomes any other broadcaster to submit an emergency proposal ahead of the 76th WorldVision Song Contest, but people think that none of the major broadcasters will put themselves forward with BVC focusing on the World Hit Festival and C4 and IGBK focusing on their joint World Cup coverage.

If the broadcaster is found liable for Eleanora's fall, the broadcaster can expect being barred from reapplying for the WorldVision Song Contest rights and a huge fine. The Britonish might see a return of WorldVision life before BITC, which saw Britonisea struggle to maintain a record that the nation currently enjoys.

Eleanora Buckingham is currently recovering in hospital. She has fractured bones in her arms and legs, but her family say that "she is so strong and will fight through this..."

The WorldVision Song Contest 76 is due to broadcast in just over a month. Over 7 million people (not consolidated figures) watched the 75th WorldVision Song Contest last edition despite Britonisea's withdrawal, which saw Polkopia win their eighth title, further cementing their title of the most successful nation at the WorldVision Song Contest - a title many nations still have their eyes on...

1 WorldVision 32 saw BITC broadcast the competition, but it was a joint BITC-BVC effort.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:33 am

So clearly Eleanora Buckingham went back in time, had a bit of age-reversal, to become Tess Philippa, singing "From a Man who Pushed me Down The Stairs" in WV32
Britonisea wrote:
I was cooking, in my house.
Then I saw, a little face.
I was wondering,
Who was that.
And I was saying what the crap.
It was funny, who it was.
It was the man, from next door.
He scared the hell, out of me.
He made me really want to pee!

Before the start of the chorus, there was 5 mass lighting effects in the hall where the audience where. The first set of fireworks goes off and it looks as though she changed her dress in to a pajamas dress.

I went upstairs, and he followed.
And then I found, me down stairs.
Broken limbs, A broken heart
From the man, who pushed down.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Ruritane
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruritane » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Nation Name: Ruritane
Official Broadcaster: Ruritanoise Reality Channel
Song Title: "Kill the Peas"
Artist(s) Name(s): Anastasie

Tune: "Honor to Us All" from Mulan
Puppet of Voxija.
Joke puppet
I don't know if this nation represents my political views.

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Transparency and Cohesiveness
This is Polkopia's official manifesto for joining the Worldvision Committee

Hello everyone. As stated on Discord numerous times, I am throwing myself out there in the hopes that you, the members of the Worldvision community, will allow me to be a part of the Worldvision Committee so that I can help fix some of the issues that have been present over the past few editions, thereby making the overall Worldvision experience better for everybody involved. I've served on the Committee before and therefore know some of the ins and outs of what it takes to be a part of this body and I believe that I have all of the necessary skills in order to bring about some well-needed change.

What Needs Change?

I think that it important for us to realize what needs to be changed before we can provide any solutions, this much is obvious, but I wanted to highlight some of the issues that I've seen over the past few editions and what can be done to improve them. Of course, this is not meant to be an attack on the Committee or any of its members, but more of an objective overview of things that can be improved on in the future.

• Myself and other members have noticed that the Committee has recently become more and more reclusive when a decision is being discussed any many of us non-committee members are left in the dark.. There have also been instances when resolutions have been made and we've not heard the slightest piece of information about the decision(s), leaving many of us to question what exactly is being done when certain issues arise.
  • In recent editions, the Committee had failed to sufficiently update the OP and therefore the OP fails to provide a reliable source of information for participants. While objectively, it's not a huge deal, it still is a source of frustration for many users and it's one of those things where a little more *effort* can be done from the Committee in order to ensure a better contest for everybody involved.
  • This kind of ties in with the last grievance, but there are five members on the Committee. There shouldn't be an instance where something can't be done due to lack of activity from members on the Committee.
  • The Committee also hasn't done much to promote the growth of the competition. While yes, the Committee does provide a great deal of assistance to those who have questions, I think there is much to be done in order to encourage outsiders to participate who may have otherwise been oblivious to the contest's existence.

What Do I Plan On Doing About It All?

Should I be elected to a member of the Worldvision Committee, I will do everything in my power to ensure the following happen:'

• I'd promote a system where transparency is mandatory and all practical suggestions and concerns by the Worldvision community are taken seriously and discussed among the Committee members in earnest.
  • I'd like to actually implement a system of roles within the Committee that's better than "Whoever's online at the time can do x-y-z..." because I feel like the current system in place doesn't hold members accountable for not doing their share and causes other members to pick up the slack.
  • I will do my part, personally, to include things like betting odds, commentaries, and anything else I can think of in order to make the contest more fun because I feel as if though the contest was at its peak when participants were more involved. Although I won't expect the same involvement by other nations by any means, I'll do what I can to make the contest more fun.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:24 pm

Well, folks. It is finished.

Main Nation Ministry's Bid for WorldVision 76!

The Utopian Cinema

ABOUT US

After the Leader undergo an alcoholic addiction after seeing that his performance was not satisfactory to his standards, Princess Keller Harrington convinced him to drop a law that is known is censoring a majority of musicians in Main Nation Ministry. Now, the Leader wants to take the multi-verse back to his nation in another nightmarish fever dream. And what better way to start a bid then to reveal the theme for this one.

The world of cinema!

Around the time where music had already existed, the history of film had existed from well back a century. As it existed, many took opportunites to expand it to the point where a film can have color or perhaps sound. Eventually, many used film for several reasons. Especially propaganda. Though many would say that the true year of the golden age of film and cinema had happen 80 years ago, due to Main Nation Ministry's elusive nature, many historians would consider it a hard task to recover many of the marvels that this era had created. And even if they did, they are to be stored in locations not disclosured to the public for "research reasons".

While both the film and music industry are two separate mediums, there have been times where both film and music were formed, resulting into the film genre of musicals. Musicals tend to take place in formalist worlds, where the setting depicted seemed to be crisp-clear perfection in an almost perfect world. Due to the nature of fiction, many creators have been able to create worlds within the movies they help make, making some of them believable to the point where it can be considered a real location. Of course, while Main Nation Ministry has been called a dystopia by many, we has taken the honor of creating a venue where musicians can deliver a performance reminisce of the world created within film.

And knowing us from WorldVision 71, we can guarneete that everything is under control within our grasp when you're with us. Just please don't stop any trouble, since our soldiers are really fierce.

THE VENUE

We taking our musicians back to Bright Falls, where we chosen a new location for our venue. Rather than the theater back in Freedom Plaza, we had our scouts observe possible locations, where we found one which is a match. While scouting, we had some of our crew observe many of the town sectors near the city, where one of them found an abandoned movie palace originally titled the "Palace Theater". Conducting a major safety check and a paranormal ghost hunting investigation, due to a rumor that the theater was haunted by a ghost (which we used for the idea of a minor theme for the opening acts), we done a reconstruction of the palace and converted it into an actual theater for performances and for watching some of the Leader's best known films he starred in.

The Leader stopped on by again to give his ideas on what he would like in the venue, where he wanted to give it the same mysterious tone as the venue back in WorldVision 71. This time, he took some inspiration from eastern beachside amusement park sideshows and vintage backgrounds based around when movies were first created, along with having the interior in the lobby made in the style of Art Deco. Here on the stage, it is composed of several walls on one stage.

The first and outer wall is the arch wall. It hangs on the top and two corners of the stage, where it can commonly be lifted away for a performance, if asked. The arch wall does have two circular LED screen on each corner of the arch wall, where one can play some background images.

The second and main wall is the gate wall. The gate is a large LED transparent screen, where it is possible to be seen while standing directly behind it. The screen actually behaves as two curtains next to each other, where a special illusion can be done, where one can actually pass through the screen without damaging it. The trick that the screen serves as a magnetic screen door. Since backgrounds can be made behind the gate wall, one can have the background on the gate screen to be similar to the one on the back wall. Or a musician can appear behind the gate screen with the background being fires, where they can simply walk through the screen, giving the illusion that they walked through fire. The background surrounding the gate screen on the gate wall can be changed, through without the use of LED screens. However, the background surrounding the gate wall can detach from the gate screen, where the background is lifted out of sight from the stage and can replaced with a new one for a next performance.

Finally, we have the back wall. This wall serves as the cinema screen for screening movies, but is now being served for projecting the nation's postcards and as an extra LED screen. If one wishes to use a pre-built set without both the arch and gate wall, we have managed to construct a rooftop set (as shown in one of our photos), if one wishes to use it for performances while it's in front of the back wall. This doesn't mean that you cannot use other props or sets, though. If one wishes, you can bring along your own props or sets to add immersion to your performance. No need to question how much they cost, anything that can be used for your performance for our bid.

On the sides of the stage are two entry ways where the backgrounds above them can be changed, if asked, with the help of shaped LED screens, where musicians can enter or exit from. On the top of the stage is another circular LED screen, along with the option to have the background changed, if asked. The lights surrounding the stage can have their color changed from a bright yellow or to neon blue. On the outline of the stage, we added pyrotechnics of all kinds, along with water, bubbles, sparks, fires, or confetti. Musicians can actually go down some stairs on each side of the stage and perform where the audience will be sitting. Speaking of the audience..

We listened to some of our viewers about having a venue with more capacity to which the amount of people that can attend is now up by x4! We also offer exclusive box seats, which can be used for a performance or be reserved by commentators or television crews recording the performances!

POSTCARD

Here is our postcard for WV76! Here, it includes the name of the nation, name of performer, and the name of the song that is being performed!

We hope to see you there at the Palace Theater!
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:28 am

I confirm.
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Ertzei Kishim
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ertzei Kishim » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 am

HARESHET Announcement

HARESHET today announced the renewal of the popular selection show "Kdam-WorldVision" for a second successive series. Thanks to the commercial and cultural success of Tatyana Shapsugh's fourth placing song in the previous contest, and thus the budget has been renewed to highlight local talent on the Kishi music scene.. International Juries have been invited to assist in the selection, alongside voters from Kishrael itself. The winning song and artist will compete at the 76th edition of the contest in a yet to be determined destination, with the likely outcome of second place being considered for the next World Hit Festival. The name of the song will be announced at a later date.

2. Daniel Madrussi X Aviva Ochayon
Chase & Status - Time

4. Rakaphy Road Show
Eye Cue - Lost & Found

5. Shamsi ft. Katya Carreira
Noise Cans - Caan Dun

6. Sasha Bartalova
Rita Dakota - Nezhnost'

Votes are in the 12, 10, 8-1 style. Results will be announced in due course.

Ertzei Kishim
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ertzei Kishim » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:16 am

Committee Application - Kishrael/Ertzei Kishim

Hello to everyone! Some of you call me Kishrael, some of you call me Kish, some of you may even call me Pic Whore, but as long as you call me time and again then I don't mind. I've decided to run for committee member for the forthcoming elections as I feel I can make a positive contribution to the running of the contest and help fix some problems which users have identified both here and on Discord. So, please read ahead to find out about all the hot, sexy stuff that I have planned for this committee.

So What Are We Going To Do?

Consistently, the problems identified with the current Committee are as follows:
- The Committee does not, with any consistency, update the OP of the contest. While on the face of things, this does not seem like a big deal, the reality is that it actually is. A bare, or out of date OP reflects poorly on the nature of the contest and newcomers who wish to participate may see the OP being empty (yet with numerous replies on the OOC) and feel the contest isn't worth their time as a result.
Solution: It is the responsibility of the committee members to update the OP daily, and when sign-ups slow down, every two days. This must be a key feature of the role of Committee Member.

- The Committee fails to act on complaints. While not a totally pressing trend, in the most recent edition, a decision regarding the validity of an entry was not actually given until the original enquirer had asked again, a number of days later. Decisions must be brought to the Committee, discussed, and dealt with in a timely manner and such incidents, however small are not acceptable.
Solution: Committee members are to discuss a problem as soon as it arises. If a member of the committee is not active during a discussion then they are not to be considered in making the decision unless a tiebreaker is needed. Decisions must be correct, but they also must be fast and a quicker resolution is a better one.

- The Committee is an anonymous monolith. Interactions with committee are almost impersonal and inhuman. I disagree that there needs to be more 'transparency' per se, not everybody needs to know how the committee comes to their decisions and it may hinder how freely committee members feel they can speak to one another, however I believe interactions will become much more productive if they become more human.
Solution: Committee members using the committee account should sign off their interactions with people with their name. This allows people to know who they're speaking to, and would allow users to pursue extra queries that they may prefer to be "off the record" if they so wish.

Other Plans I Would Like to Initiate

- Committee sponsored IC duties: Releasing Committee level betting odds, contest reviews (rather than commentary), news articles etc. as a way to encourage further IC engagement (and perhaps other nations to follow suit). Further, I personally have begun to create an "all time ranking" of WorldVision nations. I hope that this could become a key part of the contest, with nations vying for top spot in the Hall of Fame. I also intend there to be a "10 edition" award, given to the countries every 10 editions for consistently high places as per the ranking - this hopefully will increase consistent participation also.

- Referendum Procedure: I would like to create a procedure whereby nations can petition the committee to put issues to a public vote if a certain threshold of users request change or a vote on an issue. Currently all decisions in this vein are decided by the committee, yet giving a voice to participants will make people feel involved. Currently I believe a threshold of 10 nations wanting a vote on a certain matter is appropriate, at which point a vote will be held at the beginning of the following edition to decide whether said idea should pass. If it does pass, it is then the job of the committee to implement it.

My Experience

As Kishrael, I have been a member of the committee from the late 20's to early 30's of the contest. At one point single-handedly running the committee after other members had CTE'd or quit. Many of the rules, regulations and established traditions of the committee were created during my time as committee member and I believe that I have the experience to revolutionise and rejuvenate the committee, much like I did upon my election in the 26/27 cycle. Outside of this, I have participated in WorldVision over 30 times, won the contest 4 times, and after a long break I am proving again that I can be an active member of the committee and community.

Thank you for your time!

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:05 am

Manifesto:
Please Don't Re-elect
Me Into the Committee.

A formal Committee application.

Frankly, I feel like many of you have had enough.

I've seen certain concerns echoed not only in other manifestos in this election but also on the conversations we have on Discord. Frankly, I acknowledge that they are problems that exist. The issue towards the end of the last cycle of WV, in particular, is perhaps still fresh in the minds of all of you.

But rather than not do anything, this election is the best time to transform that anger into action. This election is your opportunity to actually make sure that the ideas that you have can become a reality. After all, if you know how to solve a problem, wouldn't it be better to do it yourself rather than dictate someone what to do?

Although registration turnout increased last election, I just wanted to note that we've had recent cases where the election did not occur because there were barely the amount of candidates required to hold one. For this election, would you rather have people who you think might not be the best candidate actually get a seat on the Committee just because no one else (even those who could've been better candidates) wanted to? We've seen in certain countries, elections having less favourable outcomes because people, through their lack of participation, did not try enough to stop those outcomes from happening. Surely you wouldn't want the same to happen to WV just because some people didn't want to run nor vote.

Wait Kal, if you don't want to be elected why are you still running?

I think it would be nice to take a break from being on the Committee since I'm entering my senior year of college and I need to focus on other more pressing things. However, I've been one of the more active members on the Committee Discord channel, so if need be I can be able to coordinate and be in charge.

I can take on the duties if necessary, but if it turns out there aren't 5 other people who are capable of doing more than that, to the point where you'd rather have me do them for another 5 editions, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not saying I'm a bad Committee member. It's just that I'm not currently in a position do fulfil those duties to the best of my abilities, and it would be disappointing if it turns out that my fellow candidates are no better than me. I know we're better than that.

Do you have any post-election advice?

Elected committee members — please try your best to avoid the collective action problem. Across different terms I've come into the problem where I've raised an issue in the Committee channel only to be met with little or no response. We can all do better than this. Communication is key.

Regular community members — as with many things, dialogue is important. Rather than be hostile towards the people in power, wouldn't it be better to kindly let them know your aspirations? Perhaps you weren't able to run for the committee for whatever reason, or you ran but did not get in, but it doesn't mean that you can't still have your thoughts heard. This is how diplomacy works in the real world — you might not get everything you want, but you can make an effort to get at least some of what you want. That is best done with the least hostility possible, and it is much better than getting none of what you want.

Any final remarks?

I'd like to thank many of you — both on the Committee or not — for participating in the organizing process of each edition of the contest. Some of you have pointed out mistakes or provided scoreboards in order to ensure the most valid and fair result. You don't need to be a Committee member to do that. We are a community, after all, and we are much stronger when we work together.

Personally, I have faith in the WorldVision community. We all have our own visions on how the contest should be run. Some of you may not have had the chance to do so, at least not in a while, for whatever reason. But this opportunity exists, now. Don't be afraid of losing, since you miss all the shots you don't take — a 5% chance of winning is better than a 0% chance of winning. Frankly, it would be a bit inconsistent to say ask for change but not try to be the change itself when you have the chance to. So this up. Please run for election and vote for the 5 people you think are most capable of taking the contest into the future.

Thank you.
Mediterranea > Mediterra > Kalosia
/kə'loʊʒɑː/ (english) /kɑː'lɒsiːɑː/ (kalosian)
Factbook | Official Website

WorldVision Song Contest results
World Hit Festival results (incomplete)

Ceyesca
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceyesca » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:11 am

Nation Name: Ceyesca
Official Broadcaster: CMTV
Song Title: "Crush Things"
Artist(s) Name(s): Ariana Torres

Tune: "20 Something" - SZA

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Nation Name: Amuaplye
Official Broadcaster: ASNT 13 (AITV Affiliate for Sydney)
Song Title: The Traveller
Artist(s) Name(s): Jeremy Barker

Tune: Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
Last edited by Amuaplye on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Lewis Sarucino is a young Malta Comino Gozoan Musician and has been internally chosen to represent the island nation at this year's Worldvision Song Contest. Malta Comino Gozo has had a keen interest in the contest for many years, but this year the nation finally makes their debut, a debut which fans are extremely happy about

That lonely August Evening has amazing energy. It's very relatable and the passion in the lyrics is enough to bring a tear to anybody's eyes.

This track is based on a real-life experience that Lewis unfortunately went through. Reportedly he had a girlfriend who, out of the blue, decided she did not want to be with him any longer. He thought that the solution would be “a couple of talks and hugs”. And of course the whole situation unsettled him. In fact he stated that being in a romance where the participants are not sure they want to be engaged in it is “one of the most-desperate places you can find yourself”. And ultimately he did lose that girl.

Why can't you be mine
If only I could be your one
Light me up, light me up, light me up, light me up
Wont you save me!

Lewis is one of the biggest names in Malta Comino Gozoan music, with a massive fan base already establish in the North Pacific, fans believe that Lewis could bring victory home on the nations first appearance on a international stage.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

WorldVision: La Final is Back!

Postby Achaean Republic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:32 pm

After the Achaean Republic’s most successful placement with AmbiDextra’s Al Amanecer, AS1 and Movistar Acaya teamed up to search for the Achaean Republic’s newest representative to the 76th WorldVision Song Contest!

Out of over 2,000 songs from across the country, six contestants were selected to perform their songs live. All are invited to vote:

Performer(s): Caserío & Lagaña
Genre: Reggaeton
Tune: Bellacoso, Residente & Bad Bunny

Performer(s): Rodrick Romeriens & the Tumba Band
Genre: Tumba
Tune: Tumba Desidido, Little Leito

Performer(s): Juan Alfonso Patria
Genre: Merengue
Tune:La Travesía, Juan Luis Guerra 4.40

Performer(s): Miguelito Vale
Genre: Bachata
Tune: Prince Royce, El Amor Que Perdimos

Performer(s):Makimba
Genre: Funaná
Tune: Dylala, Toma Tom

Performer(s):La Señorial de Corola
Genre: Salsa
Tune: El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, Me Liberé

TO VOTE: Send a TG to the Achaean Republic or a DM on the WorldVision/World Hit Festival Discord server and send the top three performers of your choice:
  1. Performer #1 will receive 3 points;
  2. Performer #2 will receive 2 points;
  3. Performer #3 will receive 1 point.

Votes will be accepted until Wednesday, August 21 at 11:59 PM EST. The winner of WorldVision: La Final will be revealed on Thursday, August 22!
Last edited by Achaean Republic on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gaciadia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaciadia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:45 am

I sign up! Song and artist tba.
THE PLURINATIONAL REPUBLIC OF GACIADIA
GAZIADIA UICAMAANE REBUBLICI

[align=center]
20, Male, INTP

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:02 am

Gaciadia wrote:I sign up! Song and artist tba.

Welcome back!

Gaciadia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaciadia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 am

Polkopia wrote:Welcome back!

Thank you! :)
THE PLURINATIONAL REPUBLIC OF GACIADIA
GAZIADIA UICAMAANE REBUBLICI

[align=center]
20, Male, INTP

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:15 pm

After Voxija's lackluster performance in the last two editions (also the only two editions Voxija's participated in), the proper authorities were worried about dropping viewer numbers and apathetic Voxijans. They tried to cheer up Voxijans and get them pumped up for WorldVision by running ads and spamming WorldVision everywhere. It didn't work.

There was no budget for a nationwide competition, so the performer was selected internally, as in the 74th WorldVision Song Contest.

Viewers tune in on their TV sets, awaiting who the announcers will announce to be the performer. There are less viewers than last time, but there are still a sizeable number of Voxijans watching.

Vela Sitxvan and Koldo Harrijo are still commentating.

KOLDO: Well, here it is.

VELA: With our luck, we'll wind up last.

KOLDO: Oh come on Vela. Besides, I have a little tip that the song is gonna be great.

VELA: You mean you've been taking bribes?

they open the envelope

KOLDO: Well, I wasn't expecting that.

VELA: Klark? Who's Klark?

KOLDO: According to my little piece of paper, it's all lowercase, so, klark.

VELA: That's very odd.

KOLDO: Judgy.

VELA: Well, we're the judges.

And thus, here is the shiny official application form

Nation Name: Voxija
Official Broadcaster: VTV-1
Song Title: Remnants
Artist(s) Name(s): klark

Tune: "Vincent" (Don McLean)
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC News: 17th August 2019

Postby Britonisea » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Brityunik Vefecosoin Cairkovoin - NEWS
http://www.bvc.com/news

The #1 News Tabloid 2015-2017 in United Republics, BVC.

17th August 2019
Serving nationwide

AS BVC CONFIRMS JWHF6 STAYS ON BVC2, DID THE BVC MEETING WITH THE BTVB HINT A BVC RETURN TO WORLDVISION?

By Damien Matthews

Earlier today we saw executives from Brityunik Vefecosoin Cairkovoin (BVC) go to the headquarters of The BTVB for a meeting which many speculate has to do with the upcoming WorldVision Song Contest...

Yesterday it was announced that Brityunik Vefecosoin Cairkovoin would keep the Junior World Hit Festival on its secondary channel, BVC 2. The decision for this was because of the nature of the Festival, preferring to show children on a more homely and less adult-focused channel such as BVC One. In addition to this, rules BVC have in place regarding the broadcasting of children add to the reason why BVC are not moving the Junior World Hit Festival to their main channel. Finally, Vha Minivestoile 2019 (The selection process for the Britonish representative for JWHF) is currently being broadcast on BVC 2, with BVC therefore feeling as though it is appropriate to keep the Festival on the same channel.

Unlike RTI, the broadcaster for Izmedu at the World Hit Festival and WorldVision Song Contest, BVC decided that during the time they are overseeing the World Hit Festival, the Junior edition would not happen during the build-up of the upcoming edition of the senior edition, rather happening in the place of a senior edition with the other editions being pushed back. So while BVC would be used to having another World Hit Festival broadcast coming in the next month or so, they won't gain this audience until as far as November meaning that until then their calendar for their main channel is open (or rather could be easily modified if they take the WorldVision deal). Many have speculated that BVC are speaking to The BTVB to take the rights for WorldVision for what has been rumoured to be 2 editions (WorldVision 76 and 77).

The last time BVC was in charge of the Britonish WorldVision Song Contest act was at the 57th WorldVision Song Contest when BVC hosted in Machievelihe, Britonisea when the nation finished 2nd place, 105 points with Mello Cinde nearly 20 editions ago. BVC hosted the competition three times between WorldVision 41 and 57, in cities Quickenden, Kyvivre and Machievelihe. In that time BVC won the WorldVision Song Contest twice at the 41st and 47th WorldVision Song Contests. BVC, however, started to receive complaints from WorldVision Song Contest fans after the broadcaster's last win which saw the nation receive a string of mediocre results - especially after BVC failed to participate at the 52nd WorldVision Song Contest in Mercedini. With the 57th WorldVision Song Contest marking ten editions since the nation's last win, it marked the longest time waited for a Britonish win - with the dry spell going on to last another six editions. BVC abruptly moved WorldVision to their secondary channel until the end of their contract at the 60th WorldVision Song Contest when BITC took over the rights and, according to statistics, are doing a better job than BVC did in a longer time frame.

If BVC were to take the deal to broadcast and participate at the WorldVision Song Contest for the next two editions, it would give the broadcaster the viewers it craves against BITC but it would also give BVC the chance to redeem itself as a broadcaster and show fans that it could do just as well as BITC have been doing. C4 and IGBK have both publicly ruled out broadcasting the Contest, but BVC have not done the same.

It would be certainly interesting to see BVC once again becoming the broadcaster for WorldVision and for long time fans it would certainly cause them to reminisce.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Gaciadia wrote:
Polkopia wrote:Welcome back!

Thank you! :)

Welcome back indeed!

Lunyya
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunyya » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Nation Name: Lunyya
Official Broadcaster: Channel 2 in Tokyo, Kanagawa and Channel 7 in Chiba and Saitama

Song Title: Luna
Artist(s) Name(s): Kitagawa Mutsumi

Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA
My nation does not use NS stats and my nation is based on Japan althrough it is not identical to Japan and is also based on the Sailor Moon manga/anime

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates