NATION

PASSWORD

The Shores of Aellyria (MEILLUR ONLY)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Shores of Aellyria (MEILLUR ONLY)

Postby Aellyria » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:24 pm

On the shores of Aellyria
(MEILLUR ONLY)

Nesaenna sat in her hunting lodge on the north shore of Aellyria, waiting for her guests. She had invited all of the international community to this village, her clans private estate. She likes it here, it's rustic but homey, despite the halls ancient look the hall actually has all of the worlds finest amenities. Her family once came from this small village, before the dominion of Aellyria, before her families conquering of Aellyria, before her father and before her brothers. Now she has brought them back to this village, Nesaenna smiles to herself, it's beautiful in her opinion how circular her families destiny seems to be. Her son Andreas bursts through the doors of the hall giggle and playing some game with his cousin Erik. She smiles at the two boys, her own son so cheerful and full of life and her nephew so serious and precocious. At this time, two of her shieldmaidens, her personal all female bodyguards follow after them, they nod to Nesaenna, she stands up with a smile on her face, it seems that her guests have started to arrive.

Russlande
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Russlande » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Anaviktoria, Princess Imperial the Celestial Empire, a Grand Duchess of Russlande, though more commonly known as Princess Ava, smiled brightly at the hunting lodge of the Queen of Aellyria. Or was she the Chieftess? Ava wasn’t exactly sure, the formal title was a bit wonky in translation she found.

Her Imperial Highness, Ava, Princess Imperial of the Celestial Empire

The eldest daughter and second child of the Tsarina of Russlande and King-Emperor of Derita, the founders of the Celestial Empire, the Princess Imperial was famous for her down to earth attitude and her fun-loving, bright optimistic view on the world, something she held firmly to even at the age of fifty-two. Having been born looking more like her Russen mother as opposed to her Deritain father, it had surprised no one that she had developed the rose of the Russen head child whilst her elder brother was the more Deritain heir.

Draped in a silk jewel encrusted gown, the Russen elites always liked to splash on more jewels than perhaps was reasonable and in a thick fur coat, made only from the most vicious of the wild beasts that roamed the taiga and tundra of the Russen Empire and had had to be but down, along with a traditional Russen headdress that covered her graying hair in a dazzling display, the Princess Imperial made her way up the steps. She marveled at the design of the place. And the weather, compared to the wretch season in Moskva, this was like being on holiday!

Ava’s sunshine smile only brighten as she glanced back at her son, who headed her guards for the trip. Grand Duke Kristjan, her youngest child and son, a princeling of just 28 who’d overtaken his two elder brothers for first in his mother’s heart. Kristjan possessed all the good looks that had skipped his older brother Pytor and yet none of the sadism or narcissism of his eldest brother Nikolai. Dressed in the green ceremonial uniform of the Imperial Guard, golden accessories and several medals for his service in the conflicts that had plagued Seidang pinned to his chest he followed silently behind his mother, never one for much talking.

Ava looked away from Kristjan and clapped her hands in a rush of delight of entering the striking hunting lodge. Those boar statue, were those boars, she believed so though she’d never been one for memorizing different types of animals, were positively gorgeous and she was eager to see what further Aellyeian decor styles she could feast her eyes on. And of course she wanted to meet Chieftess Nesaenna, Ava had heard moderately nice-or rather a lack of negative things about her from her mother, the Tsarina, which was saying something.

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:15 am

Nesaenna smiled at the Russian princess as she entered the hall, "Welcome Princess Imperial, it is always an honor to welcome a child of the Tsarina into our hall." she exclaimed. While she had never met the Princess Imperial personally Nesaenna had met the Tsarina, who was a formidable and impressive woman in Nesaenna's eyes. While she herself was more tempered nowadays she appreciated the ruthless style of the Tsarina. Her son and nephew looked at the Princess Imperial from behind Nesaenna, they themselves still played near the throne. Nesaenna looked back at the two boys giving them a sharp look, "Boys, come greet our guests." she said. The two boys ran over to their mother figure, and looked at the Princess Imperial and her entourage.

"Hello!" said Andreas heartily, while Erik, the quieter of the two practically whispered it, studying their guests with interest.

Nesaenna sighed at Erik, "Do forgive him, he is a little on the quiet side." she said to the Princess. "Now run along boys," she said as she shooed the two away, before returning her attention to the Princess, "As I was saying welcome to my hall, anything you require shall be provided, just ask any of the servants or my shieldmaidens and they will provide it, within reason of course." she added with a smile.

Russlande
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Russlande » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:48 am

The Princess Imperial let out a small squeak of delight as she spun in a circle, her shift gown with its many precious metal swing in a tight radios around her as looked around. She stopped and looked back at Nesaenna, her little burst of excitement expelled. She already liked Nesaenna. Of course one could question the uniqueness of this statement. Her sister Alice attested that there have never been a a screaming a slobbering baboon, or bloodthirsty bear of corrupt dictator that Ava has met and not found some sort of liking too. Ava always like to point out that she’d never met a bloodthirsty bear. All of her mother’s pet bears were vegetarian.

“I positively love your lodge, Chieftess, oh, didn’t you say hall? I like that word for it. Hall. Yes. It is so positively...” she searched for the right word, “rustic chic, I positively adore it. And your sons are so so sweet.”

The Princess Imperial waved her hands in a playful wiggling of her fingers at the two boys as they sent to run along by Nesaenna. The two seemed t be around her grandchildren from her own first two boys. She grinned with the glimmer of a small star at little Andreas, appreciating his heart in his word.

“A little quiet is never bad. Happiness can be expressed in all kind of different ways. My eldest is loud enough for the whole of us and more. But my youngest, I’m lucky to hear more than a word a month at of him.”

As if to prove a point, the Princess Imperial waved her son forward. In the ever stoic fashion of Derita and the limited communication culture of Russlande, the children of the Tsarina and the King-Rmperor had learned from a young age to used a form of sign language from the palace to communicate with one another. Ava has taught this elite language to her own child, more out of habit than intent. It was why in the back of her mind the idea of asking a servant for anything felt silly to her. The Servants of Fontainebleau were like air nymphs, invisible, soundless but there waiting on the Imperial Family hand and foot. The best servants knew what you wanted before you did and provided it before you asked.

Grand Duke Kristjan stepped forward and bowed to Chieftess Nesaenna, his voice soft and low, barely above a whisper, humming with a Russen accent. “It is a pleasure to see you again, Chieftess.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:08 am

Nesaenna smiled at the Princess' love of her hall, it was not her main palace, but it was her favorite home. "Thank you for your compliments," she said to the Princess, she mulled over what the Princess had said about her nephew, yes a little quiet was fine, but she did worry about him sometimes. "I agree, quiet is not always bad, but I do worry about his social development if he doesn't socialize with other children besides Andreas, he doesn't seem interested in other children his own age very much. As the Princess Imperial's son stepped forward she smiled at him, he certainly wasn't horrible to look at, and she was happy to see a familiar face. "Likewise to you, Grand Duke, how have you been?" she asked him politely.

Great New England Confederation
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 am

It had been years since the king of New England had made a visit to Aellyria, and this place seemed to keep haunting him even now. However he knew better than to let such silly things get in the way of diplomacy. He had come with his wife, Queen Karola, and while not overly eager, given that he would once again be seeing the woman whom had once been his wife, a happy marriage that had been ended in a false tragedy. He wore his standard blue dress uniform, the color chosen to please Karola, and also carried his sword and pistol on his hip, as he had no intention of taking chances, especially not during such a time of conflict.

As he entered, he caught a glimpse of Nasaenna and could not help but form a shallow frown, it was hard to forgive what had happened, and it still takes much longer to do it.

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Nesaenna smiled as William and his wife entered her hall, while she was thrilled they could make it as she would always have a soft spot for the New English, she was less so thrilled at the sight of her ex-husbands weapons and his less than happy expression. She turned back towards the Princess Imperial, "Please, excuse me for a moment." She said politely, waving over a servant to provide the two with drinks and such. Then walking over to the New English royals. "King William, Queen Karola, Welcome to my hall, I trust your trip was a smooth one?" She asked. She glanced behind the couple, "Oh I must say, I wish you had brought your children, Andreas was looking forward to making new friends." Then she shrugged, "No matter, Welcome! I am glad you could attend."

Russlande
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Russlande » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:34 am

Grand Duke Kristjan was opening his mouth to respond to Nesaenna when the King and Queen of New England arrived. He’d been surprised that she remembered him, their meeting of one another having been so brief when she had visited Moskva, years ago when she’d taken part in that circus of a selection for his cousin. Kristjan’s smile wavered as the High Chieftess gave her apologies to his mother and went to go speak with King William. Kristjan accepted a drink from a servant, though not quite as happily as his mother had. Instead he simply held the glass, his gaze following Nesaenna as she spoke with King William. All the while the Princess Imperial wandered down the hall looking around at it like tourist, a brilliant smile on her face.

Polonge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:45 am

Queen Karola have a polite smile to Chieftess Nesaenna. “It is a pleasure to be able to. I’m afraid I didn’t realize that you had children, of course if I’d known I would have brought my adorable little Alexander.”

That was a lie of course. Queen Karola was well aware that Nesaenna has children, and she had intentionally not brought her own children to this country for fear that Nesaenna and her half-civilized wolf-boy of a child might be a danger to her precious little ones. Karola herself didn’t really want to be here. Aellyria was a backwards tribal place from all that she’d heard of it, it’s people half civilized, but natural savages. But Karola put on a happy face, playing the role of the element queen visiting the fourth world.

“Our trip was rather nice.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:03 am

William nodded and said “The journey was acceptable” he then said “I only wish that the circumstances were better, it seems every time it seems there might be a break from war, something happens”

Indeed, all William And New England as whole had known for the past decade was conflict of one variety or another, either here on earth, or out on the frontier. The pressure and cost was starting to wear on William badly, and it was starting to show as well, with little hints of grey already forming in his hair, despite him only being in his very early forties.

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:14 am

Nesaenna felt a cold wash over her, but she pushed the feeling away, instead thinking it wonderful that they had come anyway, despite the history that they had with the Julie house. She sighed, "Well, no matter, please come meet my children anyway their quite wonderful." She said sweetly. She looked around for her children, only to find them playing by the hearth, a group of Shield-maidens watching over them, she knelt next to them, "Say hello children." she said ruffling Andreas' hair. While Erik was the spitting image of the Aeylgarn look. Andreas' had his fathers looks, Nesaenna knew this, that's one of the things she loved about him, he was a reminder of her first love, and he had all the kindheartedness that definitely did not come from her side of the family.

Andreas' looked up at the couple, "Hallo! heiðraðir gestir!" He said cheerfully. Erik studied the two, particularly Karola, He thought she seemed nice, however he was unwilling to say anything about it, as he lacked the confidence to talk to strangers.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Whilst William was clearly in a bad mood, with reason considering the events unfolding in Scotland thanks to Nesaenna’s countrymen, it was left to his wife to at least keep up the pretense of civility in this savage land that even God had abandoned. Queen Karola smiled at Andreas and Erik. One couldn’t form proper sentences in a civilized language and the other was a mute. It was worse than she’d thought. Karola gave Nesaenna a smile and nod.

“Yes, they are just...” She searched for the proper word to describe the savage children with their hyper and silent duality. “Absolutely unique.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Nesaenna smiled at Karola, she could tell something was off, but the couple was being polite, so she would not say anything. "Thank you, I know the quietness in Erik can be a little off putting, he is not a very talkative boy, capable but not one for conversation, Andreas' loves to talk however, he is still not quite as well versed in more common languages as I would like him to be."

Erik looked up at Karola and waved sheepishly, "Hallo ágætur kona." He said then he paused for a moment and thought hard, "Hello, welcome to our home" he said struggling with the second language. Nesaenna smiled that was the most he had ever talked to a stranger, she was proud of him.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:53 pm

William nodded and said “They are lovely” he had to do his best to keep from kneeling and hugging Andreas, there was no doubt now who the boys father was. However he could not, especially not with Karola watching, as much as he loved her, she could be especially ruthless when it came to matters regarding the throne. Despite how much it wounded him not to embrace who was clearly his son, he had to avoid it,

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Nesaenna smiled at William, "I'm glad you think so," she said. Meanwhile Erik continued to study the couple intently, as if he was looking into their souls. Nesaenna stood up, "Have you met my other guests, This is the Princess Imperial Avaviktorka and her son Grand Duke Kristian from Russlande. They are quite lovely if I do say so." She added while leading the couple over to her other guests. Her son and nephew trailing behind at a distance.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Queen Karola gave a the two Aellyrian boys pleasant smiles, though she did wish that Nesaenna would stop trying to show off the little mongrels. Perhaps she was very proud of their exist.Gos knows that her kind probably ate their youth like Komodo dragons, and perhaps Andreas and Erik has been fast enough to scamper up a tree and now they were too old for the Aellyrian palette. Perhaps Nesaenna had been too busy feasting on whatever poor idiot bastard had been unfortunate to have been held down long enough under the Chieftess to have impregnated her and produced the kid savages. The mute one, Erik, though not as mute as Karola thought made her feel uneasy, so she was glass to look away from his creepy Aellyrian eyes to be introduced to fellow members of the civilized world. Russlande was a land of barbarians only slightly better than these Aellyrian savages, but the Imperial Family of the Celestial Empire were the most cultured of society, le crème de la crème, elitists, even for royals. What on earth were they doing here?

“Your Imperial Highness. You look as dazzling as the sun.”

Karola gave the Princess Imperial a curtsy, a gesture of respected that she had never thought to grace Nesaenna with. Did Tribal people even understand such etiquette as curtsies?

Russlande
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Russlande » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:50 pm

The Princess Imperial, prompted by her son giving her a silent signal, spun away from the point where the ceiling and the walls met, spun around and gave a dazzling smile to the Chieftess and the King and Queen of New England. Grand Duke Kristjan bowed politely to the the royal couple, though as he did so so he noticed Andreas and his eyes flicked from the child to the King to Nesaenna, were they rested. Ava meanwhile, a rosy blush coming to her cheeks at being referred to by her official.

“Please, please, I’m positively happy with being called Ava.”

The Princess Imperial looked to Nesaenna reassuringly and then turned to Karola and clapped her hands together in a flutter of delight, like the wings of a hummingbird zipping towards some nectar. Recognition blazed in Ava’s eyes as she looked at her cousin, well her cousin once removed. Auntie Alanna’s granddaughter, yes. One of the younger girls. Ava was closer in age to Karola’s eldest sister Maria Anna, but she remembered Karola from when Cousin Josephine still ruled Polonge.

“Oh, little Cousin Karola, darling I trust you are not so formal with Auntie! Why, I remember you when you were the littlest little thing. You were a positively adorable tiny bud, and now look at you, you have bloomed into a positively radiant flower.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:48 pm

William turned to the Princess Imperial and said “I do not believe that we have met before, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance”

He carefully analyzed her and Grand Duke, taking in the details that he could, and trying his best to get some sort of read from them. He could also see that Nasaenna was attempting to get people to see that Andreas was his, and wondered what purpose there was to this goal, and could only wait to see what happened

Russlande
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Russlande » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:00 pm

Ava smiled at William, pressing a hand to her heart. The Princess Imperial was not acquaintances with anyone, but instead she was friend to all.

“Oh my, dearest thing, we are as near as family, both as a fellow royal, and since you are dear little cousin Karola’s dear husband. Oh, Kristjan do say high to your dear cousin and her husband.”

The Grand Duke bowed to the King and Queen.

“A pleasure Your Majesties.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:11 pm

Nesaenna smiled, she had no idea her guests were all related, she had put as much time as others into learning how everyone was related to everyone in the massive Noble houses. Instead she had focused her time on matters of state, particularly running the colonies, an assortment of primarily desert planets and one or two actually beautiful green jungle world's, she clasped her hands together, "I had no idea you were all related, how wonderful!" She said. While she was getting to know a bit more about her guests, her son and nephew were being escorted away by a few of the Shield-maidens to continue their training with their mentor. While Nesaenna didn't like the man, she had to concede there was no better than he to teach two Aellyrian noble children.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:59 am

Karola smiled brightly and genuinely at the Princess Imperial, choosing to ignore the fact that she had been but a toddler when Ava and her elder sisters had got own as teenagers. Karola touched William’s arm, squeezing slightly in a sort of absentminded gesture. Karola smirked, less genuinely at Nesaenna.

““You are too kind Ava. Ava’s father and my grandmother are brother and sister. A union of empires, you know.” Karola looked back at the Princess Imperial. “Dearest Grandmama is the absolute sweetest, she has always been my favorite grandparent.”

She nodded her head to the Grand Duke.

“It is an honor to meet you as well Kristjan. I believe I met your elder brother on occasion.”

Russlande
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Russlande » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:09 am

Grand Duke Kristjan gave Queen Karola a playful grin. Despite the two of them being second-cousin, they had never met. Grandaunt Alanna was the last real line of connection between the two lines, and Kristján and many of his cousins felt so far removed from their Polongain relations that it was hard to see them as relations. But Kristjan could still be kind, as a fellow guest of Nesaenna.

“Izvini ty byl takoy neudachnik.”

Ava’s smile wavered for a flicker of a second. She turned to Nesaenna, her grin returned to its ten thousand gigawatt base.

“Isn’t it wonderful indeed. It’s like a mini-reunion. Oh, where are the little ones off to?”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:46 am

William turned slightly to Karola, only enough that someone paying very close attention would have noticed. He listened and then said “And a nice re-union indeed”

He then placed an arm around Karola, thinking that perhaps something might be wrong, and not quite seeing the display that Karola was putting up, he was paying much attention to it after all.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Karola chuckled a bit at the Grand Duke’s slip into Russen. It wasn’t Karola’s best language, but she knew a enough to get the gist of what Kristjan said, though she was incapable of responding with the right words in the language. Karola patted William’s arm, nuzzling up against her husband with a burst of warmth.

“Yes. I must say that I’m surprised to find such... unlikely visitors to Aellyria at the same time as us.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Nesaenna smiled proudly, she was glad her visitors already knew each other, "Well everyone was invited," she said pleasantly, "I wanted to get the chance for everyone to meet everyone in the international community, and especially the future generations. It would do us well for the children to be friends, lest there be misunderstandings in the future, they can be easily resolved." she sighed, she had hoped more would come, but she was enjoying her guests as it was, it was good that they had come, Russeland was a neighbor of Aellyria separated by a short sea, and both the New English and Williams wife who was from Polonge were familiar with the country at least slightly. After all William had been to Aellyria once or twice, and Maelyx's deceased wife was from Polonge. She often thought about Brigitta, the way she had died had been strange to say the least.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates