NATION

PASSWORD

The Orion Sector (OOC/FT-Nation/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Ralnis wrote:Don't mind the pirates having some history other than Hungry or Tau.

What sort of history?

I could imagine some elements in the Weseh Conclave having connections to a widespread black market style network.

The Mensir, one of the shorteer lived races deal in drugs, most of which are failed attempts at medications adn other medical innovations.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Don't mind the pirates having some history other than Hungry or Tau.

What sort of history?

I could imagine some elements in the Weseh Conclave having connections to a widespread black market style network.

The Mensir, one of the shorteer lived races deal in drugs, most of which are failed attempts at medications adn other medical innovations.

Black market? Drugs? Said no more. The Ohelder Path and Pirates deal in a wide-field of questionable trades. In-fact, The Ohelder Path is suffering from a massive shortage of narcotics and recreational drugs. You can get ship-hulls, weaponry, and anything else for a good-drug-trade.

Ostnea
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostnea » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:20 pm

I know my planets of apes seem disconnected from the rest of history, but I'd assume some of the older civilizations would have some beef with the Overseers and possibly have fomented/funded the rebellion. Anyone wanna fit the role of cosmic sugar daddy Greatest Friend of the Coalitiontm?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:30 pm

Ostnea wrote:I know my planets of apes seem disconnected from the rest of history, but I'd assume some of the older civilizations would have some beef with the Overseers and possibly have fomented/funded the rebellion. Anyone wanna fit the role of cosmic sugar daddy Greatest Friend of the Coalitiontm?

Rebellions? Say no more! The pirates and terrorist friends would love to have funded the rebellion.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:39 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:
What sort of history?

Black market? Drugs? Said no more. The Ohelder Path and Pirates deal in a wide-field of questionable trades. In-fact, The Ohelder Path is suffering from a massive shortage of narcotics and recreational drugs. You can get ship-hulls, weaponry, and anything else for a good-drug-trade.

Eh, the Conclave would try not to deal with fanatics and terrorists, pirates and raiders are predictable and act towards their own self interest typically, fanatics are notably unpredictable and erratic.

Ostnea wrote:I know my planets of apes seem disconnected from the rest of history, but I'd assume some of the older civilizations would have some beef with the Overseers and possibly have fomented/funded the rebellion. Anyone wanna fit the role of cosmic sugar daddy Greatest Friend of the Coalitiontm?

Actually, the Weseh are very similar to Gorillas, but much bigger. Some similar history too, the Weseh and many other members of the Conclave were once under a totalitarian empire, and later tyranical slavers who rose up after the Draug'n(the race behind the empire) vanished.

How long ago were the rebellions?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Rebellions? Say no more! The pirates and terrorist friends would love to have funded the rebellion.

Me and Ralnis, we're not here to make peace but to wholly fuel and fund all forms of very questionable acts. Together, we will drag the whole sector into chaos.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Oh nice, this RP is back. I was in the last one, hopefully this time it won't die.

Ostnea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostnea » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:51 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

Actually, the Weseh are very similar to Gorillas, but much bigger. Some similar history too, the Weseh and many other members of the Conclave were once under a totalitarian empire, and later tyranical slavers who rose up after the Draug'n(the race behind the empire) vanished.

I'm planning on my first IC post to be the centennial of the end of the rebellion and the rebellion itself to about a century, so the start would be 200 years in the past from when we are starting.

Ralnis wrote:

Pirate friends are always nice. Perhaps some would like to become privateers, later on?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Ostnea wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

I'm planning on my first IC post to be the centennial of the end of the rebellion and the rebellion itself to about a century, so the start would be 200 years in the past from when we are starting.

Ralnis wrote:Rebellions? Say no more! The pirates and terrorist friends would love to have funded the rebellion.

Pirate friends are always nice. Perhaps some would like to become privateers, later on?

How long has your Coalition been active amongst the stars?

Ostnea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostnea » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Ostnea wrote:I'm planning on my first IC post to be the centennial of the end of the rebellion and the rebellion itself to about a century, so the start would be 200 years in the past from when we are starting.

Since the start of the rebellion, so about 200 years. Not very long.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Ostnea wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

I could perhaps see the Conclave having some form of relations with your Coalition, maybe.

Ostnea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostnea » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Ostnea wrote:

I could perhaps see the Conclave having some form of relations with your Coalition, maybe.

Maybe something like an official embassy of some sort? Full diplomatic relations can be fleshed out ICly. It will be interesting, considering the Coalition's vehement stance against being "uplifted" ever again.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Ostnea wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Maybe something like an official embassy of some sort? Full diplomatic relations can be fleshed out ICly. It will be interesting, considering the Coalition's vehement stance against being "uplifted" ever again.

Fun Fact, the Weseh took so long to reach the stars because they learned from the Draug'n technology to make their own instead of simply using it outright as the Chyss(the tyranical slavers) did.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Ostnea wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Ralnis wrote:Rebellions? Say no more! The pirates and terrorist friends would love to have funded the rebellion.

Why not, sanctioned pirates still make money for the Confederation.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Are there still first-rate slots open? Also, is there an empty version of the app by any chance?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:36 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Are there still first-rate slots open? Also, is there an empty version of the app by any chance?

What do you mean?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Are there still first-rate slots open? Also, is there an empty version of the app by any chance?

What do you mean?

The first-rate positions. And an app without all the information on it. Just the raw bones.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:54 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:What do you mean?

The first-rate positions. And an app without all the information on it. Just the raw bones.

I understood the first-rate bit, apps for 4 have been made, other than that unsure.

My question was concerning you asking about the app, and wondering why you can't use/arent using the one provided in the OP here.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:The first-rate positions. And an app without all the information on it. Just the raw bones.

I understood the first-rate bit, apps for 4 have been made, other than that unsure.

My question was concerning you asking about the app, and wondering why you can't use/arent using the one provided in the OP here.

Oh, nvm. It just broke for me, so I thought it was only OP's app and everyone else was deleting it manually.
Please Watch

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:15 pm

WIP App

NS Name: Utceforp
Nation Name: The Heptarchy
Power Scale: Tier 2, although it's a complex case, and they don't really fit the standard scale
Technology Tier: Tier 2
Major Species:

The Heptarchs have no word for their own kind, as they communicate through images and sensations rather than sound. Each of them exists as a network of reddish organic material that spans one of the seven dwarf planets of the outer Alpha Proteus system. Within the vast underground oceans, their bodies are dissolved within the water, taking advantage of existing sea currents to form neural networks. On the icy surface above, their flesh is solid, forming endless fields of interconnected tendrils which absorb the sun's light.

Due to their distance from their sun, the Heptarchs have very little energy with which to think, even though they have the entire the surface of the planet to absorb sunlight from and barely move. As such, despite being supremely intelligent, their thinking process is extremely slow, viewing years like other beings view days. Each of the seven Heptarchs tends to cycle between relative activity and relative lethargy in multi-millennia-long cycles as they move between their perihelion and aphelion. (Being liveliest at perihelion.)

The Heptarchs are immensely powerful psychics as a result of the size of their "brains". They are powerful enough to manipulate the orbits of the Alpha Proteus System's other celestial bodies and easily transmit and receive information over interstellar distances, and precise enough to shape biomass into unique and fully-functional organisms through will alone rather than via genetic engineering.
Population: 7
Capital: Alpha Proteus System (No capital planet.)
Number of Systems: 1
History and Culture: Billions of years ago, a rogue star passed near the edges of the Alpha Proteus system, dragging several dwarf planets into higher orbits as it passed. Dragged along with the dwarf planets was a massive cloud of tholins. Over the course of millions of years, this cloud was bombarded by cosmic rays, eventually forming primitive spaceborne single-celled organisms that began organizing themselves into loose colonies as they spun through the endless dark, consuming their way through the tholin cloud. A few million years after some of the colonial organisms developed autotrophy and thus were able to outcompete their heterotrophic cousins, they started to become trapped in the gravity wells of the Alpha Proteus dwarf planets.

After falling to the surface of the seven worlds, the potential of these organisms truly became apparent. The colonies spread across their adopted homes, defeating or integrating rival colonies until each of the seven worlds each housed one massive planet-wide colony. After reaching a certain critical mass, each world-colony developed sentience, sapience, and potent psychic powers. One by one they reached across the vast dark, and found the minds of their siblings, no longer alone.

This status quo persisted for a few million years, until one day when the Heptarchs all reached perihelion at around the same time, they discovered something new - A sapient species, inhabiting one of the larger worlds closer to the Alpha Proteus system's star. Unlike the Heptarchs, this species consisted of millions of individuals, each unique and possessing a rich inner life of their own. Fascinated by beings so different from themselves, the Heptarchs became enamored with the species, speaking endlessly with them through their telepathy. As the Heptarchs slowly moved towards and then away from their star, the species developed from a few million stone-wielding hunter-gatherers to a planet-spanning industrialized civilization of billions. When the Heptarchs fell back into dormancy, all they could think about was how excited they were to discover what their new friends would have accomplished by the time they woke up again.

When the Heptarchs approached perihelion again, the species was gone, and all life on their homeworld had disappeared without a trace - indeed, the entire planet was no longer capable of supporting life. The Heptarchs felt loneliness for the first time, but (from their perspective) not for long. About a thousand years after they discovered the death of the species they had befriended, a Tagali/human fleet discovered their system, with a human commander naming it the " Alpha Proteus" system using a modified Bayer designation. Unable to fully understand what the Heptarchy was or how much power it possessed, but knowing that the seven dwarf planets at the edge of the system housed a strange form of life, the fleet tried to colonize them.

Most of the fleet was decimated when it entered the upper atmosphere of the first Heptarch they visited. Ships descended, only to be carefully and systematically dismantled in mid-air, their occupants falling to the planet below. Those ships that survived and made it to the surface managed to find a weakness - the Heptarchs were completely, utterly, unfamiliar with pain. The Tagali detonated explosives along key nodes in the lattice of red tendrils on the planet's surface, and even though these were the equivalents of minor scratches and burns to the Heptarch, it was crippled by the sensation. In this way, they managed to establish control over the surface of one of the seven planets.
Military Size: N/A
Military Description:

#OS_APP
Last edited by Utceforp on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:45 pm

NS Name: Tayner
Nation Name: The Federation of Cerria
Power Scale: Third Rate
Technology Tier: 3
Major Species:
Evoxians, (Or simply Evox) are a strikingly human-like species. With a heightened metabolism and perceptive abilities in almost every setting, some of the main differences are the Evox species is skin and eye color, as well as some minor physiology differences. They average about two meters of height, and are normally lean and weighing in at 200 pounds.

Population: 138 Billion Citizens
Capital: Evoxia
Number of Systems: 63
History and Culture: The History of the Evox is long and prideful for them. After the tribal stages, and the Iron Age they entered a golden age, exploring their own world as ancient powers carved up the world. Wars were fought over territories and trade routes alike, and eventually the two largest powers, The Kingdom of Ederi and the Kingdom of Kaisoren, were matched. Alliances and betraying countries would shape the turn of the war that now encompassed the globe, but eventually the Kingdom of Ederi would win, with the support of many smaller countries.

However, while the world was broken over this war, the Kingdom of Eredi capitalized. They married into many countries and simply bought others. By then, they had more than enough power to conquer or intimidate the other countries into their fold. A golden age would soon come as industrialism spread outside of the wealthiest regions of the planet. Many great works such as plays, musical compositions, and texts would emerge. Being a farmer no longer meant being poor, and a middle class grew of wealthy planters and factory managers.

However, the Kingdom of Ederi would grow overbearing and corrupt, laying in the road to a revolutionary age. Peasant rebellions and bourgeoisie uprisings would topple the ruling parties of Ederi, and a new monarchy would arise under a strong social contract, The Kingdom of Evoxia, a strong uniting government that wasn't centered around the monarchy. The Senate would be founded, and the courts would be separated from the monarchy's jurisdiction, and the world would be mostly content for ages to come.

They passed the modern and post-modern ages with little of note outside of the technological advances. When they first managed to apply warp theory in a controlled experiment, the stars became the limit. The Senate approved large budgets for the scientific community to continue studying FTL methods of transportation, and approximately 250 years ago they first began to leave their home planet. Colonies and terraforming became commonplace, and they soon found themselves not to be alone in the galaxy. Managing to build peaceful relationships with their neighbors, they prospered.

However, after colonies grew large and governing became difficult, strife ensued. Early in their post-warp history the Evox colonies demanded autonomy. The Kingdom of Evoxia denied this, and soon militarization of spacefaring vessels occurred. The colonies, united, stood against their ancestral home and even though their meager fleet was outnumbered and outgunned, the cunning of their leaders helped defeat the Kingdom's ships. Before a massive civil war could scar the nation, leaders from the colonies and the Kingdom met each other at the bargaining table, albeit at gunpoint. The colonies gained their autonomy, however were still bound to the Kingdom under a federation.

The first few decades were tense, and the federation almost fractured a dozen times, but as the Evox expanded upon the stars and met larger civilizations, it became apparent that they must remain unified, and the majority of them did. Through exploration and some use of force, the Federation expanded steadily for many decades to come. However, a once large country encompassing hundreds of systems became victim of the age old problem of bureaucracy and corruption. Internal conflicts exploded between revolutionaries and the government, as well as between ruling power blocs and their alliances. Compounded with outside factors, the Federation crumbled like sand in a fraction of the time it took to build it.

Fleet commanders turned on one another, mining planets stopped producing, assassinations and abductions were all commonplace. Brush Wars and insurgencies crippled the splintered military, and familial conflicts further divided the already split peoples. Warlords rose and fell, but soon enough the Federation lost control over everything but it's core systems and a handful of pacified colonies. Everything else would be lost, and entire planets would find themselves in a depression after being torn apart by war.

Billions of Evoxians would emigrate, leaving behind the Federarion to find new homes amongst the stars. Many integrated into other empires or countries that would let them, others would fall into new, more successful colonies. A once powerful Federation fleet was nearly decimated, and factories and other services were decimated. The Federation managed to rebuild itself, but only as a shadow of it's former self. With a shaky economy and a still sore population, they once again look to the stars.
Military Size: 238 Million Active Servicemen
Military Description: Following a conservative infantry doctrine, with the use of combined arms, the war on the ground is often fought at extreme range whenever possible. Similar is said with the Navy, as Mass Accelerator Cannons (MACs,) as well as lasers are used with targeting assistance from artificial intelligence with extreme precision. The Fleet, or formally the Federation Star Fleet, relies on flexible tactics, accuracy, and agileness rather than numbers or raw firepower.

#OS_APP
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:29 am

Shadowwell wrote:
The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:Grand!

Do you think the summit would be a thing held on the Patriarch's Legacy, the mobile space captial and Seat of the Council of REvered Elders, or some neutral ground?

I'm cool with holding it on the Legacy.

By the way Ostnea, any ideas for how relations between the Coalition and Union State might look at the moment?

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Ostnea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostnea » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:11 am

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Do you think the summit would be a thing held on the Patriarch's Legacy, the mobile space captial and Seat of the Council of REvered Elders, or some neutral ground?

I'm cool with holding it on the Legacy.

By the way Ostnea, any ideas for how relations between the Coalition and Union State might look at the moment?

Cordial but distant. The Coalition has a very dim view of any sort of uplifting and it seems the Celestials may pursue a similar policy to the Overseers.

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:55 am

Ostnea wrote:
Cordial but distant. The Coalition has a very dim view of any sort of uplifting and it seems the Celestials may pursue a similar policy to the Overseers.

All right comprendo sounds reasonable since the Union State has uplifted one species that was in at a similar point of development to 1900/1920's Earth and integrated another that had reached large scale interplanetary but not interstellar travel. Thaelic integration does not equal enslavement or wanton cruelty but other species have no Celestial Caste members and as the Union State practices a policy of cultural hegemonism it aims to assimilate them and cement the ideals and values of the Great Society-philosophy among them in order to minimize cultural clashes, in the long term leading to the erasure of the traditional culture of integrated species over successive generations.

Do you suppose we would have embassies and some limited trade if nothing else? Would the Coalition be willing to enter an agreement to further possible trade?
Last edited by The National Dominion of Hungary on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Ostnea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostnea » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:21 am

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:
Ostnea wrote:

All right comprendo sounds reasonable since the Union State has uplifted one species that was in at a similar point of development to 1900/1920's Earth and integrated another that had reached large scale interplanetary but not interstellar travel. Thaelic integration does not equal enslavement or wanton cruelty but other species have no Celestial Caste members and as the Union State practices a policy of cultural hegemonism it aims to assimilate them and cement the ideals and values of the Great Society-philosophy among them in order to minimize cultural clashes, in the long term leading to the erasure of the traditional culture of integrated species over successive generations.

Do you suppose we would have embassies and some limited trade if nothing else? Would the Coalition be willing to enter an agreement to further possible trade?

Most definitely some sort of trade and embassies. The Coalition's not so against the idea of foreign trade, in fact some blocs in the overall council that governs the Coalition (think of the EU parliament but with more power) are all for opening up of Coalition space to outside trade, but they are countered by more hard-liners who are more in favor of Autarky. More trade would definitely pass at the start of the IC, however.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse