NATION

PASSWORD

Thoughtdeath 2019 [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:48 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Sinyal wrote:How many people do we need for IC to go up?

I’m hoping for at least six so I can start us on a 3v3, but 5 would also work since I can sim an NPC.

Okay, we have 3 including you right?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Sinyal wrote:
I’m hoping for at least six so I can start us on a 3v3, but 5 would also work since I can sim an NPC.

Okay, we have 3 including you right?

Aye. Plus Olth and Ralnis, with any luck.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Electic
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:07 pm

What attribute would you say deals with keeping ones stamina up? I have a guess, but I'd like to get an GMs answer.
I'm a proud member of the Dark Light Family

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Electic wrote:What attribute would you say deals with keeping ones stamina up? I have a guess, but I'd like to get an GMs answer.

Formally, stamina isn't a feature of the mechanics for this RPG, since most matches will only last a few IC minutes. Pound for pound, though, the best representative is probably mobility, because it concerns continuous physical exertion.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Contestant
Name: Selena "Expendable" Rocinante
Sex: F
Short Bio: Born in 2019, she was a sickly child growing up in the urban jungle of Caracas, Venezuela. Her father practiced medicine as
a GP at a local hospital, while her mother co-operated a car body shop with Selena's grandfather. She was the middle child of three siblings. The family would be able to secure refuge in the United States in the early 2020's, ahead of the absolute collapse of their homeland. They would live out the rest of their child and early adult hood in San Francisco in relative peace. As a teenager Selena would develop a love of fighting that saw her achieve local fame in school and amateur leagues.

She was never known for light-footed around the ring, or a heavy hitter. But she could take punishment, outlasting opponents, as they expended themselves against her. Tragedy would strike her life, as both her older and younger brother, the former a police officer and the latter a conman philander, would die within a few years of each other. One to to a criminals rage, the other a jilted husband. Her love of fighting eventually took her to Thoughtdeath; and while not the youngest contestant, modern medical advances and her own iron will allow her to indulge in humanities newest blood sport.
Personal Color: Golden Yellow
Statistics: 1 Attack, 3 Composition, 2 Resilience, 2 Mobility, and 1 Cognition

Purposely going for a interconnected, 'old blood' PC. Let me know if anything needs to be changed, its NP.
Last edited by Electic on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Electic wrote:Contestant
Name: Selena "Expendable" Rocinante
Sex: F
Short Bio: Born in 2019, she was a sickly child growing up in the urban jungle of Caracas, Venezuela. Her father practiced medicine as
a GP at a local hospital, while her mother co-operated a car body shop with Selena's grandfather. She was the middle child of three siblings. The family would be able to secure refuge in the United States in the early 2020's, ahead of the absolute collapse of their homeland. They would live out the rest of their child and early adult hood in San Francisco in relative peace. As a teenager Selena would develop a love of fighting that saw her achieve local fame in school and amateur leagues.

She was never known for light-footed around the ring, or a heavy hitter. But she could take punishment, outlasting opponents, as they expended themselves against her. Tragedy would strike her life, as both her older and younger brother, the former a police officer and the latter a conman philander, would die within a few years of each other. One to to a criminals rage, the other a jilted husband. Her love of fighting eventually took her to Thoughtdeath; and while not the youngest contestant, modern medical advances and her own iron will allow her to indulge in humanities newest blood sport.
Personal Color: Golden Yellow
Statistics: 1 Attack, 3 Composition, 2 Resilience, 2 Mobility, and 1 Cognition

Purposely going for a interconnected, 'old blood' PC. Let me know if anything needs to be changed, its NP.

This all looks good to me - interesting to see someone building a tank instead of a killer. That'll be very useful for last man standing matches.

Welcome.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:14 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Contestant
Name: Bu Liao
Sex: Male
Short Bio: A background in gang violence as a youth would naturally lead him to make enacting violence his fulltime job. Serving as a distinguished officer of the Chinese Special Forces for years, he would eventually resign from the military and lend his services as a PMC to those that could afford him. His roots in crime soon drew him back however and Bu operated as a hitman for the Triads before Thoughtdeath made itself known to the world. Sponsored by powerful gangsters, Bu voluntarily joined this new form of combat entertainment, motivated by the prospect of fame and cold violence. At only 28 years of age, he is a young and reckless contestant with a penchant for spectacles.
Personal Color: Crimson
Statistics: 2 Attack, 2 Composition, 0 Resilience, 4 Mobility, and 1 Cognition

This seems to be in order as well - useful statistics for objective based contests. Welcome. That makes four, and, with luck, we'll be up to six on the morrow.

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 am

Woohoo almost ready for IC!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Contestant
Name:Joe Blow
Sex:Male
Short Bio: A janitor from megacity 69. He is an average man in an not-so-average world with massive debts like everyone under the thumb of the megacorps. In order to get rid of his debts, he decided to try his self at winning the ultra-lottery, which failed, transfer to the pleasure towers, which failed, and then try to sell his body for a science corps, which he missed the deadline. Eventually the idea of playing in one of the game shows came to his mind, with death traps and the killing for large amounts of prize money. Thoughtdeath was among the most highest rated of the game shows but with highest death ratios.

The prize money was huge enough that he was desperate for anything. He signed himself up and when they asked what his best quality was, he claimed that he had a vivid imagination.
Personal Color: Edgy black
Statistics:1 Attack, 2 Composition, 0 Resilience, 2 Mobility, and 2 Cognition
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Ralnis wrote:Contestant
Name:Joe Blow
Sex:Male
Short Bio: A janitor from megacity 69. He is an average man in an not-so-average world with massive debts like everyone under the thumb of the megacorps. In order to get rid of his debts, he decided to try his self at winning the ultra-lottery, which failed, transfer to the pleasure towers, which failed, and then try to sell his body for a science corps, which he missed the deadline. Eventually the idea of playing in one of the game shows came to his mind, with death traps and the killing for large amounts of prize money. Thoughtdeath was among the most highest rated of the game shows but with highest death ratios.

The prize money was huge enough that he was desperate for anything. He signed himself up and when they asked what his best quality was, he claimed that he had a vivid imagination.
Personal Color: Edgy black
Statistics:1 Attack, 2 Composition, 0 Resilience, 2 Mobility, and 2 Cognition

Excellent. With luck Olth will join us soon. I’ll get our first match up tomorrow morning!

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:48 pm

I can't wait! This is gonna be super epic. The concept is amazing too, and just the general idea.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Afraid I'm going to have to sit this one out - at least for the first round.

Good luck, everyone!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Olthenia wrote:Afraid I'm going to have to sit this one out - at least for the first round.

Good luck, everyone!

Ah, well feel free to join us whenever. New contestants will get to chill in the In-Between or do sideshow duels while waiting for the main match to wrap up.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Olthenia wrote:Afraid I'm going to have to sit this one out - at least for the first round.

Good luck, everyone!

Ah, well feel free to join us whenever. New contestants will get to chill in the In-Between or do sideshow duels while waiting for the main match to wrap up.

Maybe you should have a char G-Tech
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Endem wrote:

Maybe you should have a char G-Tech

He's the announcer.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Endem wrote:Maybe you should have a char G-Tech

He's the announcer.

Last edited by Electic on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:19 pm

Gonna make an app later today, but I'll wait till the second round before I officially join.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Contestant
Name: Samuel Ethan Storm
Sex: Male
Short Bio: Born somewhere roughly 22 years ago to unknown parents. Ethan (He prefers his middle name and only lets close friends know his first, on most documents he is officially Ethan Storm though he knows his first name is Samuel) is a quiet and introverted young man who really is just bored and needs the money that thoughtdeath brings. He is willing to kill in order to win, but doesn't like to put himself in harms way.
Personal Color: How is this?
Statistics:

Attack - 1
Composition - 2
Resilience - 0
Mobility - 2
Cognition - 2
Lover of doggos

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Yay more apps! ***SO HYPED***

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Contestant
Name: Aedyn Mili
Sex: M
Short Bio: Aedyn was born Los Angeles 19 years ago to an impoverished family living on the outer marks of the city. His mother and father worked endlessly to provide for him and his 3 siblings. Aedyn was always bright and as much as his parents tried to hide the suffering he noticed. At a young age, he did everything he could to make life easier. From the start, Thoughtdeath gave temptation to Aedyn. If he could win it could completely change life for his family. When his father went into debt trying to keep their house he knew he had to take the chance.

Without his father's knowledge, he went broke into the CEO of the corporation's house and decided to workout out a deal. The CEO was impressed as Aedyn managed to bypass all of his security and into his personal quarters. To pay off his father's debt he accepted a sponsorship deal to compete in Thoughtdeath. He didn't know if he could win but at least his family would be free of debt. It was an easy choice for the CEO if Aedyn didn't succeed it would be a minuscule loss for the company but if he won they could have something special.
Personal Color: Orange
Statistics: 1 Attack, 2 Composition, 0 Resilience, 4 Mobility, and 1 Cognition
Last edited by North Timeria on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:51 pm

WOOHOOO MORE APPS YEEEEEET

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:52 pm

North Timeria wrote:Contestant
Short Bio: Aedyn was born Los Angeles 19 years ago to an impoverished family living on the outer marks of the city. His mother and father worked endlessly to provide for him and his 3 siblings. Aedyn was always bright and as much as his parents tried to hide the suffering he noticed. At a young age, he did everything he could to make life easier. From the start, Thoughtdeath gave temptation to Aedyn. If he could win it could completely change life for his family. When his father went into debt trying to keep their house he knew he had to take the chance.

Without his father's knowledge, he went broke into the CEO of the corporation's house and decided to workout out a deal. The CEO was impressed as Aedyn managed to bypass all of his security and into his personal quarters. To pay off his father's debt he accepted a sponsorship deal to compete in Thoughtdeath. He didn't know if he could win but at least his family would be free of debt. It was an easy choice for the CEO if Aedyn didn't succeed it would be a minuscule loss for the company but if he won they could have something special.
Statistics: 1 Attack, 2 Composition, 0 Resilience, 4 Mobility, and 4 Cognition

Your over your CP points, especially in Cognition because:

Each point of Cognition costs 5 CP

As stated in the OP.

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Ralnis wrote:
North Timeria wrote:Contestant

Statistics: 1 Attack, 2 Composition, 0 Resilience, 4 Mobility, and 4 Cognition

As stated in the OP.

Oh yeah WTF whoever made that last app read the main description before you app

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:54 pm

Sinyal wrote:
Ralnis wrote:

As stated in the OP.

Oh yeah WTF whoever made that last app read the main description before you app

No need to be that way, it could've been an honest mistake. Happens to everyone all the time.

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Sinyal wrote:Oh yeah WTF whoever made that last app read the main description before you app

No need to be that way, it could've been an honest mistake. Happens to everyone all the time.

Oh I apologize

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse