NATION

PASSWORD

Dynasties of Heaven(Alternate History, OPEN, OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:55 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Endem wrote:By the way, what do you mean in the poll by mythical?

Ancient China tended to turn the Shang and Xia into myths with mythical stories of Demons, Godly intervention, Gods, Dragons, etc.

Sounds good. I have an idea regarding the alt-history modern Chinese:

What if they name great rulers as dragons?

For example, a ruler which elevated China's economic status could be known as the Golden Dragon, a ruler which turned China into a military state (or generally was a militarist) could be known as the Blood Dragon, or a ruler which was extremely diplomatic and charismatic the Silver Dragon.

Of course, they'd have to be first in their category and extremely exceptional to be known as the X Dragon, but still.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:56 pm

By the way, shouldn't we be starting the IC soon?
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Okay, how many characters can we have?

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Endem wrote:Okay, how many characters can we have?

As many as you want, one warlord per player however per dynastic cycle/until that character dies or loses(possibly permanently).

Okay, also, what is the Northernmost town in Xia borders on the map
Last edited by Endem on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Endem wrote:Okay, also, what is the Northernmost town in Xia borders on the map

You can make it up. I'll make a separate city map.

*disgruntled noises* anyway, from where a foreigner could be in China in 1600 B.C

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Endem wrote:*disgruntled noises* anyway, from where a foreigner could be in China in 1600 B.C

Just outside the borders is one option plenty of tribes existed. In Hebei, Zhongyuan, Jing, Huainan, Yu, Xu, Bing, Yang.

Something further away?

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Endem wrote:Something further away?

The predecessor cultures to Korea could work or of Vietnam.

Okay... Well, that gets that idea out of the way, maybe a foreign advisor in the court

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Guys thank you soooo much for being interested! :hug:

This has been my dream RP for years and now it's finally starting!

As for the IC, I'll do something most OP's don't do:

Not post anything. Simply highlight the Xia ruler's issues and national instability. Anyone can RP him at any time just keep it consistent.

I'm doing this to allow maximum freedom and honestly the Xia dynasty isn't my specialty I only know the wikipedia page about the last ruler. :p

You want to know something, Lotharia?

I'm here for the mechanics. I'm not really a fan of these era RPs, but your amazing mechanics and contraptions have made it an interesting RP.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You want to know something, Lotharia?

I'm here for the mechanics. I'm not really a fan of these era RPs, but your amazing mechanics and contraptions have made it an interesting RP.

Just curious, elaborate?

I prefer Late PT (Industrial Revolution and up, particularly steampunk) and up usually, but the mechanics here make it worth it.
Eternal Lotharia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You want to know something, Lotharia?

It's from the game series that made me a fan of the era I just in my view improved upon it.

Which one? Sounds like something I'd pirate and then buy legally if I feel like it buy completely legally on whatever game platforms it is available on regardless of price, accessibility or compatibility.
Please Watch

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Guys thank you soooo much for being interested! :hug:

This has been my dream RP for years and now it's finally starting!

As for the IC, I'll do something most OP's don't do:

Not post anything. Simply highlight the Xia ruler's issues and national instability. Anyone can RP him at any time just keep it consistent.

I'm doing this to allow maximum freedom and honestly the Xia dynasty isn't my specialty I only know the wikipedia page about the last ruler. :p

*dramatic music*

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:I'm a ROTK guy. Because Koei's strategy game series.

I thus know not too much about the Xia.

If anyone wants to help with the OP to make it more detailed hit me up else it'll function more as a quick "RP START!"

Okay you said to hit you, considered yourself hit

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I prefer Late PT (Industrial Revolution and up, particularly steampunk) and up usually, but the mechanics here make it worth it.

Which one? Sounds like something I'd pirate and then buy legally if I feel like it buy completely legally on whatever game platforms it is available on regardless of price, accessibility or compatibility.

I meant what mechanics?

And Romance of the 3 kingdoms. I recommend 8 or 10, though 8 is more limited and 10's war is broken-Towers are OP. 11 if you want a ruler focus.

8 is multiplayer as is 11, 10 is single player.

Great music all-around.

The cycles, stats and app.
Please Watch

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:22 pm

So, how is the capital named?

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Sup, IC?
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:24 pm

Character Section:
Character Name: Fu Huang
Character Type
(Put Y where applicable)
Ruler(Warlord Fighting For Power):
Warlord(Aka a Strategist):
General:
Politician:
Diplomat: Y
Bandit:
Soldier:
Dancer:
Priest:
Scholar:
Merchant: Y
Peasant:
Mercenary:
Mystic:
Hermit:
Adventurer: Y
Born Noble:
Appointed Noble:
Foreigner:
Born Royalty:
---------
Bio: Fu Huang was born in what is now present day Wuhan China on the banks of the Yangtze river. As a child, his father was a shopkeeper and his uncles were also shopkeepers. Being raised by them he learned the art of diplomacy, negotiation, and trade. Growing up he apprenticed under his father and uncles and during this time he started to meet strange travelers from afar. These travelers spoke a different language but they brought frankincense, myrrh, and other rare commodities, the likes of which hadn't been seen before in the region. In return Fu Huang would sell silk, rice, jade, and early porcelain pieces to these strangers who didn't speak any language he had heard before. As coin and merchandise flowed from up the Yangtze, Fu Huang studied with a friend from the local royal court and learned about other areas of the region such as the main Chinese dynasty near present day Beijing and other areas further away. Sensing an opportunity, he decided to leave home as a young man and become a traveling merchant to establish his wealth and fame across what would eventually be known as Shandong, Hebei, Henan, Shanxi, and Shaanxi.

Location(If map is up, pick general region or look up china stuff or places you know on there, if not, do the same thing, just a general area): Wuhan - Yangtze River
Territory(If Ruler): None
Personality(Timid, Calm, Bold, or Reckless): Calm
Alignment: True Neutral
Stats(Out of 100):
Leader= 62
Valor= 55
Duel= 37
Intellect= 85
Politics= 60
Foreign= 60
Charisma= 70
-----

RP Sample(If you have one. Link, don't copy-paste.):
- Flame & Steel
- A Spring in Cameloan
- Comin Together to Celebrate
- If you need more, let me know.

If you don't have a RP Sample do you swear to reach the level of quality demonstrated by players?:
#App(Don't remove this is for finding Apps)
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:Sup, IC?

Soon.

I wanna know if y'alll are ok with mostly a "RP START" type post with text describing the Xia weakening and the ruler growing tyrannical.

I'm fine with RP START.
Please Watch

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:29 pm

Just do it
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Hey Farn what will your character do, based on your current plans?

Well, I don't know. Lu Zhishen became a monk to hide out when he got in trouble with the authorities. He mainly traveled around, helping people he met and liked, fighting people he didn't like, drinking to excess, that sort of thing. I figured I could do the same, interacting with people as they go about their plans, maybe breaking a little furniture, uprooting willow trees with my bare hands.

I would suggest people check out the first two of the Four Great Classic Novels of China. I linked The Water Margin in my application. The other, earlier one is The Romance of the Three Kingdoms,which has to do with the breakup of the Han Empire around 200 CE. Wiki has decent synopses of them and translations are available from Tuttle (Three Kingdoms is three volumes, be warned).

Also, Feral/Creative Assembly came out with a Total War game based on The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, called "Three Kingdoms," of all things.

Finally, Netflix has two series, made in China, King's War and Qin Empire: Alliance. The latter covers the rise of the State of Qin towards the end of the 4th century BCE and the former covers the end of the Qin Dynasty, the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu–Han_Contention]Chu-Han Contention[/url] and the establishment of the Han Dynasty. I enjoyed them both.

Farn has been into things Chinese of late.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:Hey Farn what will your character do, based on your current plans?

Well, I don't know. Lu Zhishen became a monk to hide out when he got in trouble with the authorities. He mainly traveled around, helping people he met and liked, fighting people he didn't like, drinking to excess, that sort of thing. I figured I could do the same, interacting with people as they go about their plans, maybe breaking a little furniture, uprooting willow trees with my bare hands.

I would suggest people check out the first two of the Four Great Classic Novels of China. I linked The Water Margin in my application. The other, earlier one is The Romance of the Three Kingdoms,which has to do with the breakup of the Han Empire around 200 CE. Wiki has decent synopses of them and translations are available from Tuttle (Three Kingdoms is three volumes, be warned).

Also, Feral/Creative Assembly came out with a Total War game based on The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, called "Three Kingdoms," of all things.

Finally, Netflix has two series, made in China, King's War and Qin Empire: Alliance. The latter covers the rise of the State of Qin towards the end of the 4th century BCE and the former covers the end of the Qin Dynasty, the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu–Han_Contention]Chu-Han Contention[/url] and the establishment of the Han Dynasty. I enjoyed them both.

Farn has been into things Chinese of late.

All I have for reference is that I work in a Chinese restaurant with a bunch of folks from all over China... You pick up a thing or two there :) (But Lord, I still can't figure out what dialects they speak!)
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Character Section:
Character Name: Myong Yong-Su
Character Type
(Put Y where applicable)
General:
Politician: Y
Bandit:
Soldier:
Dancer:
Priest:
Scholar: Y
Merchant:
Peasant:
Mercenary
Mystic:
Hermit:
Adventurer:
Born Noble:
Appointed Noble:
Foreigner: Y
Born Royalty:
---------
Bio: Born in Korea to a Noble family from the Kingdom of Gojoseon he could and normally would engage in politics and introduce at the court in Liaoning and was fairly successful at it, however soon he found Korean court simply boring because he knew most of what was going on and how to direct the course if various intrigues thus he decided to travel, he eventually found himself in the nearby China, however it would take at least two years until he would reach the Xia territories and additional year until he would be able to go to the court, since then he nearly always had his two cents in some court intrigue or general politics, he eventually became a trusted advisor and finally in 50 year of his life he could say that he has situated himself in the court of the Xia as a real player.
Location(If map is up, pick general region or look up china stuff or places you know on there, if not, do the same thing, just a general area): Yangcheng ( capital )
Territory(If Ruler):
Personality: Calm
Alignment: Lawful Neautral
Stats(Out of 100):
Leader= 30
Valor= 25
Duel= 25
Intellect= 80
Politics= 80
Foreign= 80
Charisma= 70
-----

If you don't have a RP Sample do you swear to reach the level of quality demonstrated by players?:

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Endem wrote:Character Section:
Character Name: Myong Yong-Su
Character Type
(Put Y where applicable)
General:
Politician: Y
Bandit:
Soldier:
Dancer:
Priest:
Scholar: Y
Merchant:
Peasant:
Mercenary
Mystic:
Hermit:
Adventurer:
Born Noble:
Appointed Noble:
Foreigner: Y
Born Royalty:
---------
Bio: Born in Korea to a Noble family from the Kingdom of Gojoseon he could and normally would engage in politics and introduce at the court in Liaoning and was fairly successful at it, however soon he found Korean court simply boring because he knew most of what was going on and how to direct the course if various intrigues thus he decided to travel, he eventually found himself in the nearby China, however it would take at least two years until he would reach the Xia territories and additional year until he would be able to go to the court, since then he nearly always had his two cents in some court intrigue or general politics, he eventually became a trusted advisor and finally in 50 year of his life he could say that he has situated himself in the court of the Xia as a real player.
Location(If map is up, pick general region or look up china stuff or places you know on there, if not, do the same thing, just a general area): Yangcheng ( capital )
Territory(If Ruler):
Personality: Calm
Alignment: Lawful Neautral
Stats(Out of 100):
Leader= 30
Valor= 25
Duel= 25
Intellect= 80
Politics= 80
Foreign= 80
Charisma= 70
-----

Is Gojoseon that ancient? :blink:

Accepted!

It might have not existed, but, I didn't found anything better, it was founded reportedly in 2333 B.C

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:43 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:IC UP!

YEEEEET
Please Watch

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:YEEEEET

How do you like it?

I tried to make the OP open to interpretation and dark, the characters sympathetic.

Welp, it’s definitely the traditional aristocratic backstabbing and general fuckery.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Kowani wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:How do you like it?

I tried to make the OP open to interpretation and dark, the characters sympathetic.

Welp, it’s definitely the traditional aristocratic backstabbing and general fuckery.

Very punny.
Please Watch

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:56 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Kowani wrote:Welp, it’s definitely the traditional aristocratic backstabbing and general fuckery.

Very punny.

Bows.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse