NATION

PASSWORD

Klaus' War {OOC|MT|CLOSED}

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:22 pm

Emmerian Republic wrote:Hey, are still open for the Royalist side?

I don't want to just say no, but I would appreciate it if you would support a different faction. The Royalists are vastly overrepresented.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Kingdom of Damascus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Damascus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Posted. Not as long as I'd like but it's done.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:24 pm

Posted.

Kingdom of Damascus wrote:Posted. Not as long as I'd like but it's done.

I enjoyed it, and I thought you did a good job of building up emotion about the death of the brother.

One thing though, and I'm sorry I didn't notice it earlier- in the future, could you not date your posts? It just makes it a little easier for me to say when certain things happened.
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:38 pm

Posted, its a long one and includes moves by my Fascist and Communist Groups but it was written on my phone as my laptop is currently in for repairs so its not my most amazing literary creation.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:05 am

New Decius wrote:Posted, its a long one and includes moves by my Fascist and Communist Groups but it was written on my phone as my laptop is currently in for repairs so its not my most amazing literary creation.

I enjoyed it, and you packed a lot of development into one post.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:37 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
New Decius wrote:Posted, its a long one and includes moves by my Fascist and Communist Groups but it was written on my phone as my laptop is currently in for repairs so its not my most amazing literary creation.

I enjoyed it, and you packed a lot of development into one post.

Danke I found the elevator scene rather amusing
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 pm

In case anyone's interested, here's an image with all of the Capilean tanks lined up. Finished up the Jagdhund.

New Decius wrote:
Danke I found the elevator scene rather amusing

Indeed. I'll try to post tomorrow.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Very eager to see your reply especially given everything happening

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:13 pm

New Decius wrote:Very eager to see your reply especially given everything happening

Posted, sorry for the delay.

The Wanderer

Fecaw
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fecaw » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:07 am

Is there a short summary of what has happened so far in the war?

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:30 am

Fecaw wrote:Is there a short summary of what has happened so far in the war?

I made a summary post not too long ago:
viewtopic.php?p=36003850#p36003850

Also, in the OP there's a handy timeline which was updated recently, too.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Hey Nova can I have a few smaller town names that would be inside the fascist enclave at Stammburg. My next post will be a few small scale engagements as my forward troops engage Krebs partisan’s and forward picket forces. I could only think of one, Weidbürn, but I figure you might already have a list or some such

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:13 am

New Decius wrote:Hey Nova can I have a few smaller town names that would be inside the fascist enclave at Stammburg. My next post will be a few small scale engagements as my forward troops engage Krebs partisan’s and forward picket forces. I could only think of one, Weidbürn, but I figure you might already have a list or some such

Here's a list, you can pick and choose from it:
-Emwald
-Kortelein
-Anstedt
-Carrbeck
-Baldau
-Bischofsfort
-Orburg
-Hanskirche

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Thinking on it now, in some small way Nemetz does have one advantage when fighting my troops to be sure and that is similar weapons. After all, per the alliance between the Grand Duchy and the Kaiserreich, Germany has been selling weapons to Capile for years including some of the latest weapons just before Klaus’ War broke out. For at least a decade Germany would’ve sold Capile guns, missiles, tanks, aircraft, everything except warships (The Kaiserliche Marine would not want even an allied fleet to challenge its dominance in colonial and home waters).

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:57 am

New Decius wrote:Thinking on it now, in some small way Nemetz does have one advantage when fighting my troops to be sure and that is similar weapons. After all, per the alliance between the Grand Duchy and the Kaiserreich, Germany has been selling weapons to Capile for years including some of the latest weapons just before Klaus’ War broke out. For at least a decade Germany would’ve sold Capile guns, missiles, tanks, aircraft, everything except warships (The Kaiserliche Marine would not want even an allied fleet to challenge its dominance in colonial and home waters).

Interesting hypothesis. Capile has always prided itself on making its own weapons. Perhaps less so during Klaus' reign, but still true to the extent of most armored vehicles and service rifles.
However, I would say you are correct in that the majority of Capile's veterans will know how German machines operate, potentially knowing their weaknesses and how to destroy them.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 pm

How is everybody?

Just want to make sure everything's okay, we haven't had a lot of activity recently.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:40 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:How is everybody?

Just want to make sure everything's okay, we haven't had a lot of activity recently.

I’m finished up a post now and should be posting soon.

IATA Member

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:43 pm

And posted!

Rommel’s general strategy is the classic encirclement by sending 12th and 16th Armee up their respective flank of your territory as pincer forces while 22nd Armee move us the center slowly so as to not close the pocket too soon. In addition he has detached a number of Panzerkompanie’s with attached infantry to act as mobile hunting groups in the encirclement zone, both to defeat the annoying partisans in the area and also act as bait to draw out Krebs larger forces at which point these Wolf Packs will converge on the threatened one and attack.

IATA Member

First American Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:51 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:ORBAT spreadsheet, roster, and maps have all been updated.

As to the last, some things to take note of:
1) The topographical map was off on some of the cities, which has been largely corrected now.
2) The Royalists have finally taken out the Communist pocket near Reiburg.
3) Von Ravenstein's offensive has been launched toward Wolfcour.
4) The French are advancing toward Roappe.
5) While the BSU's Operation Anvil was turned back at Haakensburg, their Operation Hammer is making rapid and huge progress.
6) The Communists have also taken over the peninsula near Pritzen.
7) The Saatlanders have pushed up their front line.
8) The Dutch have taken Krugersburg.

2-8 will all be elaborated on in my coming post.

Could you update the OOB to indicate that my troops are helping New Decius liberate Stammburg from the Capilean Reich? I've been really busy and can't post much, but I'd like my troops mentioned in posts about the battle. You can add whatever casualties you feel appropriate, and I'll be replacing any casualties with non-elite troops arriving at Reiburg in order to stay at the 100,000 soldier limit you set.
The American Empire is a socially progressive absolute monarchy run by the heirs of Emperor Norton. It started off at MT but has rapidly advanced to PMT through interdimensional travel. All NSstats are used, except for tax rate and population. Factbooks are currently under reconstruction.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:03 am

First American Empire wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:ORBAT spreadsheet, roster, and maps have all been updated.

As to the last, some things to take note of:
1) The topographical map was off on some of the cities, which has been largely corrected now.
2) The Royalists have finally taken out the Communist pocket near Reiburg.
3) Von Ravenstein's offensive has been launched toward Wolfcour.
4) The French are advancing toward Roappe.
5) While the BSU's Operation Anvil was turned back at Haakensburg, their Operation Hammer is making rapid and huge progress.
6) The Communists have also taken over the peninsula near Pritzen.
7) The Saatlanders have pushed up their front line.
8) The Dutch have taken Krugersburg.

2-8 will all be elaborated on in my coming post.

Could you update the OOB to indicate that my troops are helping New Decius liberate Stammburg from the Capilean Reich? I've been really busy and can't post much, but I'd like my troops mentioned in posts about the battle. You can add whatever casualties you feel appropriate, and I'll be replacing any casualties with non-elite troops arriving at Reiburg in order to stay at the 100,000 soldier limit you set.

I mean I’ve already started my carefully planned offensive. Ive got three field armies (1.2 million troops) conducting operations along the entire battle line and moving into VF territory (I keep saying VF because Germany refuses to acknowledge Nemetz’s declaration of a Reich). I don’t know where your forces would fit in unless they’d be willing to be absolutely subsumed to German command which would place the same combat restrictions on them as are on German forces. Like no heavy munitions in civilian areas, strict adherence to the Geneva Convention, and allowing my Militarpolizei to execute any of your troops who committed war crimes.

Maybe as a reserve force in the rear? Its just that I’ve really got all the troops needed to take on Stammburg, any more is just overkill. What about another area of the war?
Last edited by New Decius on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

IATA Member

First American Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:11 am

New Decius wrote:

I mean I’ve already started my carefully planned offensive. Ive got three field armies (1.2 million troops) conducting operations along the entire battle line and moving into VF territory (I keep saying VF because Germany refuses to acknowledge Nemetz’s declaration of a Reich). I don’t know where your forces would fit in unless they’d be willing to be absolutely subsumed to German command which would place the same combat restrictions on them as are on German forces. Like no heavy munitions in civilian areas, strict adherence to the Geneva Convention, and allowing my Militarpolizei to execute any of your troops who committed war crimes.

Maybe as a reserve force in the rear? Its just that I’ve really got all the troops needed to take on Stammburg, any more is just overkill. What about another area of the war?

I didn't realize you had so many of your troops in that one offensive. I'll redeploy my troops to the Siege of Wolfcour on the Royalist side.

New Decius wrote:
Now though Dernen would make this offer to Krebs, Rommel does not extend it to the VF Party Gauleiter in Stammburg because he refuses to acknowledge his authority. Rommel acknowledges Krebs because he is a fellow soldier. Is Krebs likely to tell the Gauleiter that a surrender offer was made? Or will he keep silent?

When the 20th July Plot took place, many German officers knew of the plot without participating but never squealed on their fellow officers to the SS, a code of the military versus the paramilitary. Do these sort of tensions exist between the regular military leadership under Nemetz command and the VF Party Leadership?

Keep in mind that most of the men fighting for the Reich were in Capile's version of the SS (the Stoßwehr) prior to the war. By that, I mean that the Stoßwehr formations were trained to believe that they were the best forces their country could offer, prioritized for supply and upgrades, and generally treated as the elite.
There were major tensions between the Stoßwehr commanders and the Army commanders, but seeing as they're now fighting against each other, it doesn't really matter.
On the other hand, the VF's civil administration has existed for only a short while, and tensions to that degree haven't had much of a chance to develop.

In any case, I can't see this having much of an effect on things, as you aren't trying to assassinate Nemetz (not yet, at least ;) ). The most Scherk could do would be to try and apprehend Dernen before he escapes, and Krebs would certainly be smart enough not to tell a fanatic such as him about Dernen before he had gotten away.

Speaking of assassinating Nemetz, is it okay if I launch an assassination attempt? It doesn't need to be successful if you want to keep him alive, but attempting to assassinate opposing leaders is something that my nation's government usually does in wartime.
Last edited by First American Empire on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The American Empire is a socially progressive absolute monarchy run by the heirs of Emperor Norton. It started off at MT but has rapidly advanced to PMT through interdimensional travel. All NSstats are used, except for tax rate and population. Factbooks are currently under reconstruction.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:12 pm

Speaking of assassinating Nemetz, is it okay if I launch an assassination attempt? It doesn't need to be successful if you want to keep him alive, but attempting to assassinate opposing leaders is something that my nation's government usually does in wartime.

I'm confused. Are you planning on beginning to post again?
I will make a note to update the ORBAT.

The Wanderer

First American Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:15 pm

I'm confused. Are you planning on beginning to post again?
I will make a note to update the ORBAT.

Maybe. This is what I'm planning on doing if I get the time to post again.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:53 pm

New Decius, interesting post. I'll have to reanalyze it before I post my reply (will be uploaded sometime between this evening and tomorrow afternoon, can't make any more specific promises, unfortunately), as the strategic level of detail is very stimulating and thought-provoking.
I compliment your overarching strategy, as well, though Krebs will have a plan to counteract it.

If anything, I'm interested in seeing how you would attempt to assassinate him.

Usually with established dictators (not Middle-Eastern tinpots- although Nemetz is arguably a tinpot, he's in charge of what is essentially an established and internally stable nation), you need a dissenting faction within the government to facilitate the assassination itself and prepare a transition government that can seize control and actually defuse the situation once the leader is killed. My case in point being the 20 July Plot.

Unfortunately, no such powerful dissenting faction exists within the Reich. Sure, a few generals such as Krebs are mildly annoyed by the meddling of Party officials, but this is a trivial matter. For one, they would never dream of betraying, much less beheading, the organization and leader they swore to obey. For another, there is no problem that they think killing Nemetz would solve; unlike Hitler in my earlier example, he has proven to be a generally competent leader (so far), and there is no massive problem to justify killing him. It would only result in the destabilization and likely destruction of the country and cause that they, unlike their Wehrmacht counterparts in 1944, still believed in.

So an internal conspiracy, the least risky of the options, is eliminated. What's left? A sniper? Poisoning? Dictators are paranoid and take zealous security measures for a reason.

Finally, I'll ask you: what do you hope to accomplish by assassinating Nemetz?
This isn't meant to be rhetorical, it's genuine.

I'd like to know how you think the situation will unfold should you succeed in offing him.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:58 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:New Decius, interesting post. I'll have to reanalyze it before I post my reply (will be uploaded sometime between this evening and tomorrow afternoon, can't make any more specific promises, unfortunately), as the strategic level of detail is very stimulating and thought-provoking.
I compliment your overarching strategy, as well, though Krebs will have a plan to counteract it.

If anything, I'm interested in seeing how you would attempt to assassinate him.

Usually with established dictators (not Middle-Eastern tinpots- although Nemetz is arguably a tinpot, he's in charge of what is essentially an established and internally stable nation), you need a dissenting faction within the government to facilitate the assassination itself and prepare a transition government that can seize control and actually defuse the situation once the leader is killed. My case in point being the 20 July Plot.

Unfortunately, no such powerful dissenting faction exists within the Reich. Sure, a few generals such as Krebs are mildly annoyed by the meddling of Party officials, but this is a trivial matter. For one, they would never dream of betraying, much less beheading, the organization and leader they swore to obey. For another, there is no problem that they think killing Nemetz would solve; unlike Hitler in my earlier example, he has proven to be a generally competent leader (so far), and there is no massive problem to justify killing him. It would only result in the destabilization and likely destruction of the country and cause that they, unlike their Wehrmacht counterparts in 1944, still believed in.

So an internal conspiracy, the least risky of the options, is eliminated. What's left? A sniper? Poisoning? Dictators are paranoid and take zealous security measures for a reason.

Finally, I'll ask you: what do you hope to accomplish by assassinating Nemetz?
This isn't meant to be rhetorical, it's genuine.

I'd like to know how you think the situation will unfold should you succeed in offing him.

Its an interesting comparison because some of my contingencies involve the removal of Klaus rather than Nemetz to out someone more weak-willed and easily manipulated (Not that Klaus isn’t already easily manipulated) on the Ducal throne thus allowing Germany to have a far greater influence on the Grand Duchy. Even effectively make it a client state if it is deemed necessary.

IATA Member

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents