NATION

PASSWORD

Ounaian National League Owners Thread (CLOSED, Owners Only)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Ouna
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Ounaian National League Owners Thread (CLOSED, Owners Only)

Postby Ouna » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:17 am

OOC: If you wish to sponsor the league or own any of the clubs click here.

Results thread

National League Owners Thread

A thread for posting club information (kits, logos), transfer requests, out of league loans, selling your club, other suggestions etc.. I have kept Match Report RP's in the results thread for now but other RP's can be posted in this thread. Both will be added to the RP bonus. This thread is IC and OOC.

UPDATE 21/08/19: Introducing Facilities Update. I have worked on a v3 for my excel-based scorinator, introducing new features to help with the ownership of your franchises. A link to a master spreadsheet showing all club information will be stickied at the bottom of this post and updated quarterly.

At a cost of $2,500 you can improve the rating of each facility by one point. The maximum increase allowed is two points in total per quarter. So for example you can spend $5,000 improving the youth facility by two points in Q3 taking your youth rating to 3. This will improve the quality of youth players coming into your team between seasons. An increase in the training rating will mean that your roster will have more rating increases per quarter, unleashing the potential of your current crop of players.

A reminder that Style Modifiers are still a feature. Post in this thread to change your mod.

UPDATE 28/07/19: Introducing Ages & Wages and Style Modifiers. I have worked on a v2 for my excel-based scorinator, introducing new features to help with the ownership of your franchises. Below are data sheets relating to all the teams for your information.

All contract lengths are 1 year for the moment so contract extensions should be role-played or automatically extended at the same terms for the following season.

Transfers will be valued at Transfer Fee + Wages Value (e.g Transfer Fee of $100 plus a five-year contract at $250 p/a = $1,350). Transfer requests can be posted in this thread or to myself via telegram and forwarded on to the club owner in secret.

We might be able to introduce a buy-out clause system going forward, I will look into this.

Style Modifiers are now a feature. Same as other scorinators a style modifier between -5 to 5 (Def to Att), default will be zero. If you wish to change post in this thread.

Club Data (last updated: 21/08/19)
Last edited by Ouna on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

*official puppet of the Pacific States of Solenial*

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Qusmo Proposal

Postby Ouna » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:54 am

As you will be aware, Qusmair has offered additional funding to the league on the condition that the clubs participate in the UICA club competitions. I have created a poll for the franchise owners to vote on whether you would be happy for your team to be entered into this competition. You would not be obliged to, however I would not RP on any team's behalf (unless they are not owned) only enter them into the competitions.

Additional funding will be given to all clubs equally to cover the costs of playing international football ($7,500 across four clubs).

What we will do is enter the clubs based on their position in the league at time of sign-ups opening. Then after season 1 is finished, use the end of season positions going forward (Technically first sign-up won't be champions yet).

I expect up to 5 votes and the majority decision will be honoured (Voting closes 04/07/19).

Vote

Results
Last edited by Ouna on Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

Ile Saint-Joseph
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ile Saint-Joseph » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:20 pm

OOC, I think it would be a great idea to sign the League up for UICA. My main nation's league is, and it's one of the things I look forward to the most on NS. IC, my understanding is that the Aces wouldn't get a spot since they're at the bottom of the league, and so the owner would probably vote against it, since it would mean more money going to the teams at the top of the league. This is probably a decision worth making on an OOC basis though, and since it would benefit the league as a whole, I wouldn't want to see my IC vote against it stop it from happening (so I haven't voted yet.)

An IC announcement: The Vadborg Aces are in sore need of scoring power, and are looking to spend some of their transfer budget to bring in some high quality forwards. Anyone who's got any right forwards or left forwards ranked above 5 that they might like to sell or trade, please feel free to get in touch.

We are specifically interested in Seraxinbourgh's Espor Group's Dynamos' right forward, Alfie Lloyd. We may not be able to afford to buy him right out, but would be interested in trading a player for him in addition to a fee.
Puppet of Reçueçn

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:32 pm

Ouna wrote:As you will be aware, Qusmair has offered additional funding to the league on the condition that the clubs participate in the UICA club competitions. I have created a poll for the franchise owners to vote on whether you would be happy for your team to be entered into this competition. You would not be obliged to, however I would not RP on any team's behalf (unless they are not owned) only enter them into the competitions.

Additional funding will be given to all clubs equally to cover the costs of playing international football ($7,500 across four clubs).

What we will do is enter the clubs based on their position in the league at time of sign-ups opening. Then after season 1 is finished, use the end of season positions going forward (Technically first sign-up won't be champions yet).

I expect up to 5 votes and the majority decision will be honoured (Voting closes 04/07/19).

Vote

Results

((The code doesn't work for me!))

Regardless, The Bagatoro Warriors support the initiative to enter the league into UICA competition. That gives the league a greater opportunity for branding, and can increase the values of all of our franchises. Furthermore, it will help raise the level of play within the league, which can help get more eyes on the television and more butts in seats in our stadia.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 am

I couldn't vote, but I'm in favour of sending Ounaian clubs to UICA.

Ouna, how will it work if I send players away/don't renew their contracts, will those spots be filled with new youth players?
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Joshenia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshenia » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:52 am

I am also in favor of sending clubs to the UICA

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:49 am

That is great, I will enter the teams based on their positions when sign-ups are open.

I have sent a clarification to Ile-Saint Joseph which I thought I would x-post here for you all:

Obviously there are financial transactions which I have been tracking which I haven't really fed out to the owners at the moment, but with the wages feature I am opening it up for you all to play with.

So yeah, revenue is based on $2.50 per ticket (which I already regret, I think $25 would be a better figure... maybe next season), which is fed out at a ratio of 4:1 with the home team receiving the greater income. The costs incurred will be wages (total wages divided by number of games per season which is 20) and league fees $125 dollars per game.

So a random example would be:

Home Game for Vadborg Aces
Attendance: 2,000
Revenue: $4,000 ($1,000 to away team)
less Wages: $1,387.50 ($27,750 wage budget divided by 20)
less league fees: $125

Match P/L: $2,487.50

If this was an away game the Aces would be operating at a loss, however over the season the ambition is to make money cumulatively.

So yes, say you make a transfer with no transfer fees just wages and it is two years at $500 a year.

Your wage budget will increase by $500

Your transfer budget will decrease by $1,000 (this will be transferred to your assets i.e players)

Wage budget is not what you have available to spend, unlike transfer budget. It is the cost for the year which you have to manage to ensure the franchise still operates at a profit.

I see now this is not immediately obvious so thank you for your question regarding this. I will make a post on the forum also to clarify to other owners.
Visit Ouna

Map

Seraxinbourgh
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraxinbourgh » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:13 am

I personally think that the league would need more teams if it were to send teams as if two thirds of the teams in the league qualified for the UICA it would make qualification for the UICA expected rather than a reward for good performances.

And speaking of the UICA, does anyone know of the whereabouts of Commerce Heights? This season is lasting for a fair bit longer than the seasons usually do.

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

FAQ's

Postby Ouna » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:43 pm

Frequently Asked Questions

If I have a firm become club sponsors, do they have to pay the club for the rights to do so? If so, what's the limit? - Club sponsors would pay money to the parent company of the club and not the club itself. This is one of the elements of Financial Fair Play which I will need to be strict about in a NationStates league. Think about this, a firm from Cobrio wants to invest $15 million into Muhanmaga Magic? They're going to walk the league (granted they can't immediately spend this money on players, but it will channel through).

Is it possible to invest in the club's youth academy to increase the quality of young players? -
This is my plan for V3 of my scorinator and something I am very excited about. Basically it will work where capital invested will improve the youth rating (0,1,2,3) and this will affect the quality of youth players coming through. I intend to reply to Ko-oren about youth/players contracts so keep an eye out on the owners thread as to how that would work.

Is it possible to invest in training facilities to increase the rate of improvement of the squad? -
This will be rolled out at the same time as the youth facilities and will work the same way. A higher rating will affect how many players imrove their rating (up to their max potential).

Do loans in from outside nations count toward the transfer limit per quarter? - No, but they may increase the wage budget. You can loan in a max of three players per season and their overall average ratings can't exceed 7.33r.

How would a sale to an outside nation work? -
I can't allow sales in/out of the league from my initial thoughts. This is because it opens up player transfers to godmodding. Where players leave for stupidly unrealistic fees. At least if it's within the league the other owners are directly responsible for reasonable transfers and cannot complain.

Can I adjust ticket prices (and make them lower, to encourage larger crowds, for example)? - It's not a feature of the scorinator and therefore reducing ticket prices will only reduce revenue at the moment. It's not in my plan to add this feature either as I believe that others are more important. Speaking of Ticket Prices, between S1 and S2 I intend to propose raising ticket prices to $25 so that player wages and transfer budgets can significantly increase. I will RP fans being unhappy with this idea but it will probably not affect attendance figures.

Aside from capacity increases, are there other stadium investments I can make, like food stands, club merchandise shops etc? -
No I want to keep the club revenue streams straight forward, and other things such as what you have mentioned will go through the accounts of the owning company.
Last edited by Ouna on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:53 pm

Ko-oren wrote:I couldn't vote, but I'm in favour of sending Ounaian clubs to UICA.

Ouna, how will it work if I send players away/don't renew their contracts, will those spots be filled with new youth players?

Sorry about the delay in replying Ko-oren. You cannot take on new youth players in-season, only between seasons. Above this, it is in the terms of the league that your Team Roster cannot go below 15 players. What this means is that you can only send a few of players away and they will not be replaced until the end of the season.

You can release players just after the end of the season and have them replaced by youth if you like.

The number of youth players which will be introduced will take your total number of players back to 18, however many players you have at the end of the season.

3 players would be introduced in a squad of 15, 8 players would be introduced in a squad of 10.

Bear in mind youth players will only have a rating of 1-5 so will not likely improve your team (the judge of good youth will be a high potential). They will likely have lower wages though which could be an advantage.

Hopefully this answers your question.
Visit Ouna

Map

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:56 pm

Seraxinbourgh wrote:I personally think that the league would need more teams if it were to send teams as if two thirds of the teams in the league qualified for the UICA it would make qualification for the UICA expected rather than a reward for good performances.

It is more for the profile of the league rather than a reward I would say, although club owners might not agree. That being said, I will most likely introduce new franchises in S2 it is just a lot more work to keep track of and I want to make sure I have this down first.
Visit Ouna

Map

Ile Saint-Joseph
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ile Saint-Joseph » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:14 pm

Thanks for the additional information about the league, it is all very helpful and much appreciated. I like being able to see where you're planning to take it, and am very excited by the plans. I will most likely begin to keep track of my ownership group's finances and post them in the rp thread for a bit of added depth to the financial aspect.

Along those lines, the Aces are still interested in both finding a sponsor, and in purchasing or trading for more attacking players---Mr. Garibouds loves a team with a strong attacking style. If you are interested in sponsoring the Aces, or have players to sell or trade, please feel free to get in touch here, or via TG or discord.
Puppet of Reçueçn

Cobrio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 09, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cobrio » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:10 am

Thanks for the quick response. I have my plan set now, and will be rolling it out shortly
Finally free of the oppressive yoke of the Osarian Kingdom.

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Q1 Finance Update

Postby Ouna » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:33 am

Visit Ouna

Map

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Q1 Players Improvement

Postby Ouna » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:08 am

Visit Ouna

Map

Seraxinbourgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraxinbourgh » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:52 am

Espor Sports Group has inquired to the Qusmair National League about the legality of donating old training equipment from Espor FC to the Karusha Dynamos in order to provide the club with better training equipment and make usage of the old training equipment of Espor FC.

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:05 am

Hello,

This will be okay, but will not have an impact on the player improvements until I update the scorinator. I will post again in this thread when this happens.
Visit Ouna

Map

Seraxinbourgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraxinbourgh » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:10 am

Thank you.

Ile Saint-Joseph
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ile Saint-Joseph » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:18 am

Hi,

as I indicated in my rp, the Aces would like to expand their stadium. I'd like to use all the money I'm allowed to spend at the moment on the stadium improvements. I know this includes the $5,000 dollar investment, but I'm not totally clear if I'm also allowed to spend the money I've made in revenue and from the quarterly bonus in the stadium refurbishment as well. If I'm allowed to spend the revenue money, then I'd like to spend another $2,500 out of that, in addition to the $5,000 investments, meaning a total of $7,500 spent to enlarge the stadium. If I can't spend from the transfer budget for this, then I'll just spend the $5,000.

My understanding is that the price for stadium building is the same for all the clubs, so for $7,500 I can add 3,000 seats. (Zawadi Stadium would have a new capacity of 4,324 seats.)

Thanks, and let me know if I'm doing my math right!

Also, an OOC note: I am moving this week and my schedule will be getting much busier for the foreseeable future. I will definitely try to keep rping here--I am really enjoying this league--but I may not have time to be consistent for the next while.
Puppet of Reçueçn

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Hello Ile Saint-Joseph,

This is fine. The new capacity is correct and I will take the $7500 from the club account.
Visit Ouna

Map

Ile Saint-Joseph
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ile Saint-Joseph » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Thank you very much!
Puppet of Reçueçn

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi All,

I am currently working on updates to the scorinator and have the following as things I want to roll out by the beginning of Season 2:

Youth/Training Facilities
Goalscorers Generator
Buy-out clauses (to force more player transfers)

The question is, would these be of interest to the owners?

I know the facilities would be a positive change, but how about the others?

Thanks,

Ouna
Visit Ouna

Map

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:23 pm

I'm very much in favour of the youth/training facilities and the goalscorer generator. I'm not really for or against buy-out clauses, it might lead to some lopsided teams if one owner is much more active than another, or if low floor/high ceiling players are being snatched by the same teams. I would have to see a bit more of it to decide whether I like this.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:51 pm

It would make sense for the goalscorer generator to be introduced at the start of a new season so will likely be the next season. I kind of have a way to generate the scorers names, with a higher style modifier favoring attacking players. I don't 100% like it though, as doesn't really factor specific players forms or attributes. If anybody had any suggestions I would be happy to hear them. As mentioned, I do my scorination through excel however may look at other scorinators going forward, I quite liked NSFS for generating results for example but the financial elements/player improvements/attendance generator will have to stay in excel.

The facilities update will come out at the start of the 2nd half of the season as this is ready and seems pretty popular.
Visit Ouna

Map

Ile Saint-Joseph
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ile Saint-Joseph » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 pm

I'm in favor of the facilities, and I think the buy-out clauses might work well too. I personally wouldn't want a goalscorer generator, since choosing who scores goals can be a fun rp angle, but it would also be a really fun scorinator aspect to play with, so I can see that too.
Puppet of Reçueçn

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports