NATION

PASSWORD

DEU Assembly (Democritus Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:42 pm

"The French delegation does express disappointment that our colleagues from Rome and Berlin support the 500,000 cap, rather than the higher 750,000 cap, as we feel that this lower limit serves to constrain potential for genuine humanitarian efforts that we are unable to anticipate. We remind them than this is a cap - a limit - and that the full cap may not even be filled if there are not enough DEU member-states willing and able to take in such refugees/asylum claims. It is entirely possible for the entire DEU to only take in a figure as small as 100,000, for example, while the cap is set at 750,000. In essence, the cap does not guarantee or otherwise entitle any migrant the right of entry into Europe."

The Russian Federated States
Attaché

Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Federated States » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:53 pm

"The Soviet Union votes against all the caps mentioned above. We believe that it is part of being human to help the ones in need and therefore, the Soviet Union is willing to remove all caps on the amount of refugees it is willing to accept as a result of this conflict. Furtheremore, refugees and their families will receive additional benefits from Moscow if they are willing to live the first few years in the Russian far eastern region where there are currently Soviet-San Martinian developments taking place. Thanks to our new progressive government, rising from the shackles of poverty and crisis, Russia is once again the land of opportunity and hope. "

(And aye on the academy)
Last edited by The Russian Federated States on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm

"The EIM cannot function without unanimity on this issue, therefore we have no choice but to abandon the proposal."

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:05 pm

The GU would like to express our desire to continue negotiations. After all its smarter to continue now rather than wait for a crisis to fall into our lap.

This being said we will hold firm at our 500k cap, and re-affirm to the French Delegate that that Berlin does not hold the belief that 500k has to be a hard cap and that should a genuine crisis emerge Berlin is 100% open to increasing the cap to accommodate.

As for our Russian counter parts we would like to point out that no cap can be very dangerous and migrants could potentially overrun Europe. We would like to remind Moscow that the DEU when looking at this proposal should not just take into consideration of the world right now, but also its potential futures. Europe may not always have our wall of dominions and allies guarding our southern flank, and should that fall waves of migrants could push into Europe, heavily straining our public services and costing who knows how much. Our economies could suffer horribly.
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:13 pm

"Not passing this proposal, and creating a regulated framework for migrants to access and thus get to Europe safely, means that we might see a humanitarian disaster as they risk their lives trying to cross the Mediterranean, or the Sahara, or the mountains and steppe of Eurasia. That was the reason behind our proposal - humanitarian needs, in addition to potential for mass migration to enter the EIM zone and cause an infrastructure collapse across the continent."

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:17 pm

Precisely why the GU wishes to continue negotiations rather than abandoning it quite yet.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:20 pm

"The French government will revive the bill if the Soviet Union is able to agree to a revised version, or change their existing position to favor the cap proposal. If there is not unanimity however, this proposal becomes fundamentally impossible to implement."

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Federated States » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:38 pm

"After considering all the available options, the Soviet Union is open to setting a new cap at a rate of 800,000 of refugees per year for the whole DEU EIM. Furthermore, Moscow agrees to accept the majority of those refugees and create for them temporary refugee camps in the Russian far east, Kazakh SSR, and the Turkmen SSR until the DEU comes up with a better solution on how to deal with them."

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:46 pm

"France can agree to this proposal, as together with the EIM's terms already included safeguard this should be an excellent solution to our prior disagreements."

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:47 pm

the GU would agree to the Russian compromise should the GU never be directly responsible for more than 80k refugees.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:49 pm

"We remind the GU delegation that this proposal is a cap only, and therefore does not require them to take any migrants that their government are not willing to sustain. Furthermore, the emergency break of EIM freedom of movement is an added safeguard should it ever be needed."

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:49 pm

Then we are in agreement then

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:51 pm

DEU EIM Refugee and Asylum Policy

I. A "Refugee and Asylum Policy Cap" shall be created, set at a rate of 800,000 successful cases per year. Families applying shall be given priority and processed together within this cap to prevent the possibility of separation, however 250,000 of the total 800,000 shall also be guaranteed to individuals.
II. The Bureau for Regulated Migration shall be established and charged with overseeing the filling of this cap. The Bureau's head office will remain in Strasbourg, but will be authorized to operate field offices in EIM member-states on the frontier of the continent, in addition to Algeria, Egypt, Libya (if approved by the Libyan government), the Nigerian Federal Republic, Mauritania, the Central African Republic, and any future potential humanitarian crisis locations. Field offices in areas of current distress or those still recovering from disaster will create a process for application processing in these areas, meaning that fewer individuals are likely to try and travel to Europe at their own risk. Offices in Algeria, Egypt, Russia, and Libya would similarly serve to deter any attempts at crossing in perilous situations.
III. The total cap of 800,000 will be broken down and distributed among member states who are willing to accept refugees and asylum seekers only; no DEU member will be forced to accept migration should their government oppose it.
IV. The Bureau will aid national authorities in the processing and vetting of all asylum claims to ensure European security is not jeopardized.
V. A DEU oversight committee will monitor the Bureau's performance to ensure transparency and effectiveness.
VI. The DEU Assembly can vote to modify/amend the cap at any time.

Ayes, 800,000 cap: France, Germany, Russia, URT.
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Federated States » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:52 pm

"The Soviet government also requests that the rest of the DEU members send their doctors and other humanitarian workers to the Russian refugee camps to help the needy"

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:54 pm

"France will agree to this, however we also ask that the Soviet Union allow for a Bureau office to open on the Afghan-Soviet border to help process any claims which may arise on that frontier as it is likely to have significant demand thus warranting its own office. It can be staffed and operated by Soviet citizens if desired."

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Federated States » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:58 pm

"Both Soviet and DEU citizens are encouraged to come to work in the newly established office"

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:27 am

DEU EIM Regulation - Ozone Protection

The French Seventh Republic calls for an EIM-wide total ban on main sources of ozone-depleting material. This ban would include chlorofluorocarbons and hydrochlorofluorocarbons, which are proven to be linked to the creation of holes in the ozone-layer and thus causing major negative externalities. Health costs associated with ozone depletion are increased rates of skin cancer and other conditions associated with higher levels of UV exposure, and these effects are not restricted to European citizens - this is a global issue which needs addressing immediately. Just as Europe took a leading role in battling climate change, we can lead the world on regulating this issue at the international level also. We also propose the Scientific Research Trust be tasked with overseeing the implementation and enforcement process.

Ayes: France, Germany, URT.
Nays:
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:44 am

aye

The Interdimensional Federal Republic
Civilian

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Interdimensional Federal Republic » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 am

The Annexation Act of 2019 (1580306862060 Federal Calendar)

The passage of this act, herein, relinquishes the sovereignty of all suzerainty's of whom are apart of the Democratic European Union (DEU) to the Federal Republic, transferring all powers, responsibilities, territory, everything down to the molecular level, within the territories of the suzerainties of the DEU to the Federal Republic therin. All denizens will be conscripted in accordance with Federal law to serve in the armed forces of the Federal Republic.
In accordance with Federal act 3945 section b-3 subsection 89, the Federal Republic will not terminate those below the age of 19 and those aged above 25, all denizens of that age will instead be used for other military purposes within the limits of Federal law.
Last edited by The Interdimensional Federal Republic on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:23 am

The URT votes IN FAVOUR of the revised Refugee and Asylum Policy as well as the Ozone Protection Regulation.

“Italian humanitarian workers from charities and aid workers from the Farnesina (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation) will be sent to Russian refugee camps in response to the request by the Soviet government.”

“As well as this, staff from the Department of Civil Liberties and Immigration will be allocated to the bureau opened on the Soviet-Afghan border in order to assist in processing refugees into the DEU.”
Last edited by Grandes Terres on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anthem of the Federation of Franco-British Republics: La Victoire est à Nous / Victory is Ours

Personality type: INFP-T

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:14 am

DEU-Indonesia Extended Relations Accord (ERA)

1. Indonesia and the DEU EIM agree to remove all tariffs across all areas of trade between them.
2. An import/export quota system will be permitted on specific industries which can be implemented by either signatory in order to prevent unintended economic spillover costs. This will protect either signatory from unfair competition or market flooding.
3. All trade and military vessels of DEU member-states may pass through the Malacca Strait unimpeded so long as they are not engaged in times of conflict.
4. During times of conflict, DEU member-states who are at war must request permission from the Indonesian government for military vessels to access the Malacca Strait.
5. During times of conflict, trade ships from DEU member-states may pass through the Malacca Strait as normal unless the Indonesian government specifically imposes embargoes against specific members who are at war.
6. The actions of a DEU member-state are not grounds for the exclusion of other member-states from passage through the Malacca Strait.

NOTE: "Times of conflict" applies only to wars against other NS RPers.

Ayes: France, URT, Germany, Russia.
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:32 am

The URT votes IN FAVOUR of the Indonesian ERA.
Anthem of the Federation of Franco-British Republics: La Victoire est à Nous / Victory is Ours

Personality type: INFP-T

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:44 am

Aye

(Frank youre adding this to the DEU factbook yourself)

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Federated States » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:14 am

aye

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:36 am

DEU-Australia Extended Relations Accord (ERA)

OPTION ONE:

1. Australia and the DEU EIM agree to remove all tariffs across all areas of trade between them.
2. An import/export quota system will be permitted on specific industries which can be implemented by either signatory in order to prevent unintended economic spillover costs. This will protect either signatory from unfair competition or market flooding.

OPTION TWO

1. Australia and the DEU EIM agree to remove all tariffs across all areas of trade between them.
2. The EIM can send $50Bn (hard cap at $60Bn) of products only. Australia excluding the ATA (agriculture) deals can trade $45Bn (hard cap at $50Bn) worth of products.

Personal opinion of the French delegation; option one is our current arrangement with other partners, and is tried and tested to work. Option two was suggested by the Australians, and we note the exclusion of agriculture may play in their favor as they can export that potentially with no cap. However, it does give the DEU EIM a larger total cap of all other goods than they have. France supports the current working arrangement we have with other partners, OPTION ONE, due to continuity, safety, and risk minimization.

Ayes, option one: France, URT, Germany.
Ayes, option two:
Nays:
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates