NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Preventing Unjust Warfare

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Losthaven
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Losthaven » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:00 am

Losthaven votes FOR this proposal. The measure seems reasonably calculated to foster peace, and our political leaning toward pacifistic measures compels our support. We have reached a point in our evolution where natural selection is no longer a major driving force, given our ability to shape and control our environment. We continue to evolve as social creatures, and we must at some point stop culling ourselves through violence if we are to survive as a species.

We agree, however, that there are conceptual problems with putting such STRONG disarmament restraints on member nations. The concentration of community resources to apply military force toward necessary goals is one of the defining features of a nation, and I do see why the stringent restrictions proposed here are being rejected by many members.
Once a great nation, a true superpower; now just watching the world go by

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:13 pm

"Preventing Unjust Warfare" was defeated 10,110 votes to 2,917.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:56 pm

Kenmoria wrote:

OOC:That was an unexpected lemming and delegate stomp.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Havip
Civilian

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Havip » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:57 pm

"In clause 2c, how can a government be expected to weigh up these costs and returns if the concept of "expected returns" from a war is so abstract and unmeasureable?How can, for example, curbing the spread of a hostile ideology be weighed up? Furthermore, are these expected returns for the nation engaging in war or for the world as a whole? That is not clear to me." :D

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:31 am

Marxist Germany wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:

OOC:That was an unexpected lemming and delegate stomp.

(OOC: Certainly very stomping, but not entirely unexpected. The amount of delegates voting against was a surprise though; I thought delegates would be mostly in favour but the individual nations against it.)
Last edited by Kenmoria on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Previous

Return to WA Archives