NATION

PASSWORD

[SOCCER] Ounaian National League Results

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Ouna
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

[SOCCER] Ounaian National League Results

Postby Ouna » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:05 pm

OOC: If you wish to sponsor the league or own any of the clubs click here.

Friendlies Results
Karusha Dynamos 2-0 Trawadea Knights
Attendance: 762

Muhanmaga Magic 0-0 Vadborg Wave
Attendance: 264

Bagatoro Warriors 0-2 Freetown Lions
Attendance: 1,182
Last edited by Ouna on Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

*official puppet of the Pacific States of Solenial*

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Muhanmaga Magic 1-8 Espor FC
Attendance: 14,514
Sucheberg International Stadium
Visit Ouna

Map

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Match Day 1

Postby Ouna » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:11 am

Team Name              P   W   D   L   GF  GA   GD   Pts                                
1 Trawadea Knights 1 1 0 0 2 0 2 3
2 Bagatoro Warriors 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3
3 Freetown Lions 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
4 Karusha Dynamos 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
5 Muhanmaga Magic 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0
6 Vadborg Wave 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0

Match Day One

Knights 2-0 Wave
Attendance: 1,560

Magic 0-1 Warriors
Attendance: 476

Dynamos 2-2 Lions
Attendance: 2,064
Last edited by Ouna on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:05 am

The Southwesterly Daily 290 K Mon-Fri, 400 K Sat-Sun

Magdalene Buchanan At It Again
by Suzanna Lovell, financial editor
Eccentric millionnaire Magdalene Buchanan has reportedly purchased a second sports club. This time, it is located in faraway Ouna, in the little-known Ounaian National League (ONL). The Trawadea Knights are involved in the deal, a club that is open to start collaborating with Maynard AFC, the Ko-orenite Top League club already owned by Buchanan. The ONL's season has gotten underway just days after the takeover, and the Knights have started off well with a 2-0 win, at home, in front of a little over 1500.

Maynard AFC general manager Daniel Salford has welcomed the deal, saying that the Knights are a great addition, one of the better run teams in the ONL, and that both teams are in for a mutually beneficial relationship. Salford could not confirm whether Maynard players are already on their way to Trawadea in order to bolster the club's domestic performances. Buchanan herself commented on the transaction that "Trawadea are a great addition to the Maynard family" and that "immediate upgrades for both teams are on the way", but did not go into the money involved in the deal. Buchanan confirmed that no players would be moved from Ko-oren to Ouna or vice versa until staff have gotten a better look at both teams.

Whatever the outcome of the relationship, it cannot hurt Maynard AFC. The club finished in 12th in both of the last two seasons of the KTL, is in no financial problems but is struggling athletically.

Trawadea Knights: an Overview
by Emma Cheberell, sports editor
First of all, let me open by saying that it is hard to find much data on the fledgling Ounaian National League. There are only six teams in the league, and of those, the Knights seem to be middle of the road. They are, however, one of the larger crowd attractors in the ONL, and can attract talent based on that. Currently, there is some talent on the team that might be interesting to Maynard AFC in the future. Of the current starters, defenders Chipo and Goduka would be most likely to come to Ko-oren in the future. On the bench, there are numerous youngsters that could head this way in the future. Ouna is sitting on a few unpolished gems, among which are Lindas, Hungard, and Simba, on the Knights only.

It is hard to decide what Maynard's best course of action is, going forward: is Buchanan there to help the Knights more than Maynard, will she consider the teams separately from one another, or will she actively push both clubs closer together in sharing players?

So far, Buchanan has left the current power structure intact. Head coach Jan Elbers is given some time to showcase his current team, before any hypothetical changes are made all the way from Atlantian Oceania.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:06 am

Last edited by Ouna on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

Seraxinbourgh
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraxinbourgh » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:40 pm

Honours even at Dynamo Park After an Injury Time Collapse for the Dynamos

A late collapse for the Karishma Dynamos has left both their supporters and the Espor Sports Group dissapointed and hoping for better performances for the rest of the season than they saw at the very end of the match as the Dynamos let not one, but two goals fly into their net to rip a fairly comfortable victory from their grasp and wind up with only a draw.

After goals from Alfie Lloyd and Chaka van de Vaart put Karusha 2-0 up after just 17 minutes, their supporters were impressed and reflected this by creating a wall of noise for the next hour or so, which died down as the football quality began to frustrate the fans as they lost control of the match - which turned out to be something that they wouldn't be able to regain.

A headed goal by Yoofi Priest after a magnificent cross by Obafemi Essoa in the third minute of added time sent a shudder down the spines of all Karusha fans and gave a glimmer of hope to the few travelling Lions fans before Obafemi Essoa scored a 43-yard wonder strike with the last kick of the match to stop the hearts of the vast majority of the stadium whilst causing the away end to erupt with joy that they had snatched a draw from the jaws of defeat in an away match against a better team.

In conclusion, this was a disappointing start to the season of the Dynamos only managing to draw against an inferior opponent, at home after being 2-0 up going into injury time in the second half that the team should look to build on and hopefully fix their flaws in order to improve for their next match.

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:25 am

Team Name              P   W   D   L   GF  GA   GD   Pts                                
1 Karusha Dynamos 2 1 1 0 6 2 4 4
2 Freetown Lions 2 1 1 0 7 3 4 4
3 Trawadea Knights 2 1 0 1 3 2 1 3
4 Muhanmaga Magic 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
5 Bagatoro Warriors 2 1 0 1 1 4 -3 3
6 Vadborg Wave 2 0 0 2 1 7 -6 0

Match Day Two

Knights 1-2 Magic
Attendance: 2,387

Warriors 0-4 Dynamos
Attendance: 1,525

Lions 5-1 Vadborg
Attendance: 2,007
Visit Ouna

Map

Seraxinbourgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraxinbourgh » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:20 pm

Dynamos Run Riot to go Top

Chala van de Vaart has shown himself as a goal machine early on in the season by making it 4 goals from 2 matches after scoring a first half hat trick to treat the travelling Karusha fans to a 3-0 lead at the break.

A seventy eighth minute goal from loanee Adrian Gibson sealed a comfortable victory for the Karusha Dynamos to send them to the top of the league.

A great result like this was the ideal way for them to bounce back after that last minute collapse in their opening day match against the Lions saw them settle for a point after being 2-0 up until the very end of the match which saw two late goals snatch a point for the Lions and temporarily kick the joy out of Dynamos fans, but that result will almost be forgotten as this great victory will lead to their fans partying late into the night.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:54 am

Ouna update: Knights lose
The Trawadea Knights have now tasted defeat as well as victory. It is not a sweet taste, though Buchanan will surely see a silver lining to the dark grey rain cloud, in that the attendance numbers are still going up. Buchanan's choice to not interfere with the team starting day one has increased local trust in the new ownership and they flock to their local stadium in droves. That means that the big reward, playing in the national team's stadium for nearly all home matches, is still on the table. In fact, it is only getting more likely.

While the Maynard AFC owner is taking a hands-off approach for now, and will introduce trades between Maynard and Trawadea later, some news from the Ounaian National League shows that things can go differently as well. Investors from Qusmo are looking to cash in on short term gains brought in by these club takeovers. In fact, they are so sure that the league will be worth more that they are only looking for a one-year deal to sponsor the league.

Even then, the results were not as hoped: after a 2-0 win, things regressed back to the mean with a 2-1 loss, at home, versus Muhanmaga Magic. Coach Jan Elbers was not happy with the display, and replaced some of the higher paid, yet underperforming players - but that looks to be a decision for this week only. At the half, 0-2 down, Lungelo Zamani was taken off for Rudo, and the brotherly duo in midfield was broken up for the first time this season. If the energy put in by Lungelo stays this way, it is not unthinkable that the brothers will not see the field together for the rest of the year, though. Fokazi was replaced by Hungard in the first look at the latter's tall ceiling. Hungard made no mistake and scored the Knights' single goal of the day, from a Susi corner kick.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:28 pm

The Short Read: Andrew Mavuto purchases Ouna National League franchise

BAGATORO, OUNA- Andrew Mavuto was in Ouna today to announce his investment into the Bagatoro Warriors. "I am investing in this team because I believe in the power of the sport. The power of sport to unite, to provide purpose, and to enrich all of us, culturally. It is a powerful tool, and I want to be part of its growth." The Ouna National League is a fledging league in the country of Ouna, a 6 team venture that is recruiting heavily for foreign investment. There are investors from Ko-oren and Seraxinborough lined up already, alongside potential investment from Qusmo. After an investment to the league directly to purchase a stake in the league, he has also been required to make a $5,000 p/a capital investment.

There is no word on what kind of budget he plans to invest in the team beyond the minimum $5,000 required, though he told season ticket holders that he's 'here for the long-term', and that he would only get involved in this venture if he felt that he 'had the ability to bring trophies to Bagatoro'. We'll monitor the league and see how he's doing from time to time.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:13 pm

National League Results

Team Name                    P   W   D   L   GF  GA   GD   Pts                                
1 Visser Freetown Lions 3 2 1 0 8 3 5 7
2 Trawadea Knights 3 2 0 1 6 2 4 6
3 Muhanmaga Magic 3 2 0 1 3 2 1 6
4 Karusha Dynamos 3 1 1 1 6 5 1 4
5 Bagatoro Warriors 3 1 0 2 1 5 -4 3
6 Vadborg Wave 3 0 0 3 1 8 -7 0

Match Day Three

Dynamos 0-3 Knights
Attendance: 2,773

Wave 0-1 Magic
Attendance: 1,031

Lions 1-0 Warriors
Attendance: 2,063
Visit Ouna

Map

Ile Saint-Joseph
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ile Saint-Joseph » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:35 pm

Boom. Boom. Boom. Fireworks were going off above the stadium, small, but full. The ceremony had begun.

For the third game of their first regular season, the team formerly known as the Vadborg Wave was playing the Muhamana Magic. It didn't seem to be any particular occasion for fireworks or celebration. But there was more than that going on. This was the first home game for Vadborg; their first chance to play in front of their fans. The crowd was on the edge of its seat--no one knew what to expect. No one had even seen the uniforms the players would be wearing. The players were not on the field yet. The name of the team had even been left blank on the tickets--it just said "Vadborg." Excitement had been building all day and in the lead-up to this match.

The reason for all the suspense and excitement, the same reason that the fans still knew so little, was that the Vadborg Wave had just been bought by a new ownership group. Today, before the game started, an unveiling ceremony was being held. A large stage was set up on the center of the field, with a giant ribbon stretched in front of it, along with a couple giant screens.

The fireworks that had gone off heralded the beginning of the ceremony, and a man ran out onto the stage as the crowd cheered and confetti canons fired. Orange and black confetti slowly drifted down as the man began to address the crowd, his figure thrown across the screens in the stadium larger than life as he paced across the stage.

"Mesdames et Messieurs," he began, "Welcome! I am so glad that you're all here for this, the opening day for Vadborg at its home stadium!" He paused, and let the fans applaud for a moment. "I'm sure you're all wondering, 'Who is this guy talking to us?" I am Pierre Garibouds and I am so very, very excited to announce, that I am the proud new owner of your Vadborg football club!" Polite applause to this. Was the name changing to Vadborg FC? Pierre went on. "I've recently founded Groupe Garibouds to enable me to pursue my lifelong dream of owning my own sports team, and I couldn't be happier with the results." The screen behind Pierre switched to show the group's logo as he continued.

"I'm thrilled to be able to support such a wonderful club as Vadborg alongside you, the fans. You, of course, are the most important people here, you are the ones who make this all possible and for whom this whole show is put on. I hope to get to know some of you as we cheer for our team together. So far, I've had the pleasure of meeting Nout, Mr. Rattlink, as well as some of the players, and they're all very wonderful and I can't wait to see what they will be doing.

"But, as I'm aware, neither can you! So let's get on with the show! The first announcement I have the honor of making is about this very stadium where you are seated now. We have a long-term development plan for the stadium which is still being discussed, but we are able to reveal that the stadium has been renamed in honor of your wonderful leader. Unfortunately we were unable to get him to be here for this occasion, but I am pleased to announce, that Antoon Zawadi Stadium is open!"

As the screen behind him switched to show a new logo, Pierre procured a comically large pair of golden scissors from somewhere and cut the ribbon stretched in front of him with a flourish. As the ends of the ribbon fell to the ground, the crowd cheered. Another small burst of fireworks went off.

"Now, the moment you've all been waiting for. What good is a stadium without a team? With our market research group returning their report to me, our decision has been finalized, and I am excited--no, that won't cut it--I am ecstatic to present to you the new, Vadborg Aces!

"And of course, now you are wondering, 'how will they appear? What will our team look like? What will be the icon that jumps to mind when we think of our beloved team? Mesdames et Messieurs, The! Vadborg! Aces!"

Fireworks and confetti were going off again now. The crowd was on its feet, yelling. And onto the field rushed nineteen players in a blur of orange and black stripes. The new kit was splashed on the viewscreens as well, for good measure.

With the ceremony over and Pierre's taste for spectacle appeased for the moment, the game could begin, once the stage had been dismantled and the confetti vacuumed off the field. Unfortunately, despite the build-up, the new Vadborg Aces had an unpropitious start, losing the game, if only by the goal. But the fans went home, happy in the knowledge that something new had begun, and excited, as Pierre had said so many times, to see where it would go.
Edits: misread attendance, spelling
Last edited by Ile Saint-Joseph on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Puppet of Reçueçn

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:28 am

National League Results

1 Trawadea Knights 4 3 0 1 9 2 7 9
2 Karusha Dynamos 4 2 1 1 8 5 3 7
3 Visser Freetown Lions 4 2 1 1 8 6 2 7
4 Muhanmaga Magic 4 2 0 2 3 4 -1 6
5 Bagatoro Warriors 4 1 0 3 1 6 -5 3
6 Vadborg Aces 4 1 0 3 2 8 -6 3

Match Day Four

Knights 3-0 Lions
Attendance: 2,281

Magic 0-2 Dynamos
Attendance: 1,694

Warriors 0-1 Aces
Attendance: 1,002
Last edited by Ouna on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

Joshenia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshenia » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:23 am

Hello citizens of FreeTown. My name is Adrianus Adrianus Visser, chairman of the Visser Motor Group and the new Chairman of Freetown Lions. I am a huge fan of football and for a while pondered on owning a club. You might be saying he is here just to make profits but that is not entirely true. I have a vision that I would like to achieve through Freetown Lions. I want this vision not only to be mine. My vision is to build an Academy that will provide education, boarding and foster the talented footballers of Freetown; I want to build a tv station in Freetown that will air sports and other programs that would be beneficial to the growth of Freetown and I want to use the Visser Freetown Lions brand to put Freetown on the map. The first step in my vision is to present the Visser Freetown brand. I hereby present you the new Freetown Lions logo and kits;
I hope you all love the kits and logos. The logo has Freetown Lions instead of Visser Freetown Lions because of UICA Champions Cup rules against sponsor names. I have place the Visser logo discreetly though. The sponsor on the shirt is the newly created sub group of the Visser Motor group, Visser Lions Group.I would like to thank the people of Freetown of giving me the honour of being part of such a great football club.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:10 am

Trawadea Knights stronger than ever

We have a new summer fad in Maynard, and the trend has been spotted in other cities as well. With Maynard AFC's colours on a decline because of poor results, the Trawadea Knights' traditional Red and Green are starting to become more visible. While Buchanan is mocked in local media for her poor handling of Maynard AFC, her other team is enjoying record popularity - and it looks like most people don't know both teams are owned by the same person. For the record: we're loving the red-green combo, and we love seeing it around town.

The official fanclub of Maynard AFC has said that they are not against people wearing the colours, but they do ask fans to wear the team's normal green and more green to training sessions and matches - even in protest against Buchanan.

On the other side of the globe, the Trawadea Knights are in for an amazing season: with a 3-0 victory (the second straight 3-0 win), they are in first place with the Dynamos and Lions two points behind them. Nothing is decided yet, the season will last for 16 more rounds, but it's a beautiful sight this early in the season. For those illegally streaming Knights games for now (read the below note as well!), prepare yourselves for a new 'home' experience, as the Knights might play some games in the far larger national stadium of Ouna.

Selfie contest: the most creative selfie with you in Knights colours will be awarded full-access Maynard training camp tickets + tickets to three Maynard home games!

Buchanan explores free Knights streaming

Her primary team isn't doing so hot, but Magdalene Buchanan has found a new way to make the news in a positive way - and that's in the nick of time. She is reportedly in talks with the Ounaian league's management to offer free streams of Knights games within Ko-oren. She is not considering the same for Maynard AFC, however.

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:03 am

National League

Announcement

As you will be aware the World Cup qualifiers are now taking place and with Ouna participating your players will need to be granted international leave.

This will mean no fixtures will be played on the following dates:

Wednesday, August 14
Saturday, August 17
Wednesday, August 21

The players may also be fatigued due to their heavy schedule, however the Ouna Head Coach has said he will make frequent changes the starting XI quite a lot during qualifiers, in order to find the best team. This means the fatigue will likely affect all QNL teams equally.
Last edited by Ouna on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:07 am

Ko-oren wrote:Her primary team isn't doing so hot, but Magdalene Buchanan has found a new way to make the news in a positive way - and that's in the nick of time. She is reportedly in talks with the Ounaian league's management to offer free streams of Knights games within Ko-oren. She is not considering the same for Maynard AFC, however.

Dear Magdalene Buchanan,

I am writing on behalf of the Qusmair National League to ask you to formally enquire about purchasing TV rights from Qusmair directly. As part of their sponsorship, for the duration of their contract they are entitled to the broadcasting of games.

Many Thanks,

Tara Pieterson
Secretary to the President of the Ounaian National League
Visit Ouna

Map

Ile Saint-Joseph
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ile Saint-Joseph » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:12 pm

Is New Ownership Working for the Aces?

It's certainly too early to tell if new ownership is the influence, but the Vadborg Aces (previously the Vadborg Wave) won their first game on Wednesday, in their first competition after the announcements about the purchase and rebranding of the franchise. Playing in Bagotoro, the Aces put a fairly convincing win over the Warriors to return home the victors, one-nil.

In other news, the Aces have seen their starting goalkeeper called up for the O.N.F.A.'s newly-established national team, along with central defender Floyd Ebo and central midfielder Albert-Jan Vedder. None of our players have made the starting line-up for the national squad, although Ebo was subbed on in Ouna's opening game against Lochario, a win. The aces have another connection to the team, as Laurens Pluim, Assistant Manager under the previous ownership, has now been named as head coach of the Ouna team.

Hopefully the Aces will finish the first quarter of the season strong as they face the Dynamos next match in what will be only their second home game.
Puppet of Reçueçn

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:24 am

National League Results

1 Trawadea Knights 5 4 0 1 11 3 8 12
2 Karusha Dynamos 5 3 1 1 11 7 4 10
3 Visser Freetown Lions 5 3 1 1 9 6 3 10
4 Muhanmaga Magic 5 2 0 3 3 5 -2 6
5 Bagatoro Warriors 5 1 0 4 2 8 -6 3
6 Vadborg Aces 5 1 0 4 4 11 -7 3

Match Day Five

Warriors 1-2 Knights
Attendance: 1,262

Magic 0-1 Lions
Attendance: 1,500

Aces 2-3 Dynamos
Attendance: 899
Last edited by Ouna on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

Seraxinbourgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraxinbourgh » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:36 am

Ouna wrote:
1 Trawadea Knights 5 4 0 1 11 3 8 12
2 Visser Freetown Lions 5 3 1 1 9 6 3 10
3 Karusha Dynamos 5 2 1 1 11 7 4 7
4 Muhanmaga Magic 5 2 0 3 3 5 -2 6
5 Bagatoro Warriors 5 1 0 4 2 8 -6 3
6 Vadborg Wave 5 1 0 4 4 11 -7 3

Match Day Five

Bagatoro 1-2 Knights
Attendance: 1,262

Magic 0-1 Lions
Attendance: 1,500

Vadborg 2-3 Dynamos
Attendance: 899

Shouldn't the Dynamos record be 3-1-1 now instead of 2-1-1?

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:58 am

Thanks, I have amended now.
Visit Ouna

Map

Ouna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ouna » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:01 pm

National League Results

Team Name                    P   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD   Pts                                
1 Trawadea Knights 6 5 0 1 14 4 10 15
2 Karusha Dynamos 6 4 1 1 17 7 10 13
3 Visser Freetown Lions 6 3 1 2 9 12 -3 10
4 Muhanmaga Magic 6 2 0 4 5 8 -3 6
5 Bagatoro Warriors 6 2 0 4 5 10 -5 6
6 Vadborg Aces 6 1 0 5 5 14 -9 3

Match Day Six

Knights 3-1 Aces
Attendance: 4,702

Warriors 3-2 Magic
Attendance: 1,178

Lions 0-6 Dynamos
Attendance: 1,994
Last edited by Ouna on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

Seraxinbourgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraxinbourgh » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Karusha Easily Make it Three in a Row
Four Dynamos players walking off of the pitch at half time with a 1-0 lead.

The Karusha Dynamos have followed up on a mediocre start to the season with a hat-trick of victories that included yesterday's magnificent 6-0 victory against one of their fellow top half clubs - the Visser Freetown Lions.

A 38-yard strike from Alfie Lloyd put the Dynamos 1-0 up late in the first half after the Lions had managed to fend off the constant attacks from the Dynamos and the Lions were unable to rebuild their defence after that as second half goals from Fraser Owen, Alfie Lloyd (2), Trevor Noku and Adrian Gibson sealed a very comfortable victory for the Dynamos that shows the league what the club are capable of.

Fans of the Dynamos are hoping that their team can continue this fantastic run of form and compete with the Trawadea Knights for the title this season and that the training equipment that was generously donated to them by Espor FC can help their players get the necessary training in order to become the players that are capable of winning the Qusmair National League.

Key figures at the Espor Sports Group also have high hopes for the Karusha Dynamos this season, saying "We fully believe that our team is the best in Qusmair National League and see no reason as to why we cannot win the league title and show a sign of what is to come in future seasons."

Cobrio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 09, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cobrio » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:31 am

"Patience is key" says soon-to-be Magic owner

Muhanmaga Magic lost their third consecutive game last night, in a close matchup at Bagatoro. Samori Koné, who is set to become the new principal owner of the club, was in attendance, and was seen in deep discussion with the coaching staff after the final whistle. Rumours suggest the Cobre businessman was also present in the dressing room at half-time, as the Magic sought to fight back from a two-goal deficit, giving an inspirational talk of his own. If so, it almost worked. If not for a late penalty, Muhanmaga would have salvaged a point from the game. "The paperwork has not yet been finalised, so he, well... Revolutionary Sports, don't own the club yet," explained a spokesperson from the club. "But he's already trying to make it clear to the fanbase that he's invested. He was in attendance at their previous two games, too."

The man himself took a moment to speak with gathered media, expressing little concern for recent developments. "Patience is key," he told reporters. "It takes time to truly build something special, and I hope the fans will be patient with us in this."

Mr Koné went on to suggest there are deals in the works to bring some talented Cobre youngsters to M'Pongo, and the coaching staff have agreed that it would be in the best interests of the club to take a more adventurous approach in general. Some have interpreted this as a sign that Muhanmaga will be taking on a more offensive style of play in the near future.

Another significant point made during conversations between Mr Koné and the media was the notion that the club will eventually need to expand the stadium -- despite the rural location -- and widen its scouting efforts to capture more talented youth. "The advantage to being in a rural area is that you usually have little local competition, so we should aim high," he explained. "If we play this correctly, we can become the favourite team of the entire region, and pick up every talented youngster in the region. If the club can manage this, success will follow."

He should know a thing or two about developing a smaller market team, too. His hometown club, Dizuogogon, was purchased by his company Revolutionary Sports, and went from being barely above amateur level to now competing for promotion to the Cobrio Panther League -- the highest tier of Cobre football, and a feeder to the more prestigious Rabastor Football League.

How did this happen?

"Careful investment," Mr Koné replies. "We identified key areas we could expand our interest in, without passing the financial strain on to the fans. This was very important." It should be noted that Dizuogogon operate one of the lowest ticket pricing structures in the Cobrio Silver League. "We keep the prices low, to encourage fans to attend, and focused on developing talent. Then we arranged deals with other, larger clubs." He continued. This model is not uncommon, but it is one that most clubs tend to avoid. A tendency that Mr Koné considers to be pride, or vanity, blocking the path to success. "Some people don't like this approach because it means that we do not necessarily keep the best young talent to come through the ranks, but this is expected. A small club cannot compete with the millions available at sides in the Rabastor Football League. But if we allow these prospects to leave, this generates revenue we can put back into the club, and soon, these players will no longer feel a need to leave to reach their full potential and play in the best competitions. If we must suffer the sting of losing our best players sometimes so that we can grow... I will suffer it. The end goal is always long-term improvement. What good is a world class player when we cannot afford to pay him a fair salary, or surround him with adequate supporting players?"

Mr Koné has also expressed intent to improve the facilities at Muhanmaga in general; training grounds, youth academy, even the facilities within the stadium available to fans. "While I understand that football is not just a business, it is still a business. And the product is the matchday experience. The football on the pitch is only a part of this. The rest is in the stands." He elaborates. "I believe if we can offer a superior product, more people will buy it. If more people buy it, we have more money to improve the product, and so it goes."

The target set by Revolutionary Sports is to see Muhanmaga Magic in the Globe Cup group stage within four seasons, and the Champions' Cup group stage within eight. Given the colossal size of the gap in quality between Muhanmaga now, and the teams at their target level... some would consider this highly ambitious. After speaking to Samori Koné, though... I'm not so sure.
Finally free of the oppressive yoke of the Osarian Kingdom.

Ile Saint-Joseph
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ile Saint-Joseph » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:08 am

The Aces, who had finally won a game recently, have not been as lucky as their name might suggest. Their recent match against the Knights was a 3-0 defeat, leading to the Aces taking a spot at the bottom of the table while the Knights took a spot at the top. The Aces, starting their second quarter away from home in front of a crowd of almost 5,000, were, as you might imagine, pretty discouraged by the result.

The ownership has apparently taken away a different idea from the match. Rumors from the transfer market have it that M. Garibouds, the Aces' new owner, had been looking to purchase some new strikers to give his team a bit more of the attacking edge he likes to see in a soccer game. However, the Aces have not had any luck in the transfer market either, as Garibouds' more general offers have been ignored and his specific transfer requests have been rebuffed--due, most likely, to the current inability of the club to afford the best players.

The Aces have now, therefore, taken a different strategy. When Pierre Garibouds watched the Aces' most recent game in Trawadea, the size of the crowd (compared to the much smaller numbers that the newly renamed Zawadi stadium draws) impressed him very much. The fans, passionately supporting their team, created a noticeable home advantage, but also, as Mr. Garibouds recognized, have been drawing in more revenue for the team.

In an effort, therefore, to draw more fans to the stadium, sell more tickets, and hopefully be able to afford new transfers in the future, Pierre Garibouds has unveiled his new plan to expand Zawadi stadium to increase its seating capacity. The Aces are expected to add several thousands of dollars in this bid to up attendance and revenue. Hopefully the fans and the team will appreciate the support as well.
Puppet of Reçueçn

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports