NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Trolling "Creationism"

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

[R] Trolling "Creationism"

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:49 am

Despite any strong opinions, describing young earth creationists -- a viewpoint to which some forumgoers may well subscribe -- in these terms seems somewhat over-the-line:

Esheaun Stroakuss wrote:I can at least sympathise with Old Earth creationists. At least they acknowledge the age of the Earth as it is. Young Earth is just going full retard.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Not seeing that as actionable.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Could I have a second opinion please, as -- from context with the first part of the sentence -- it appears to be talking in terms of creationists, rather than creationism, which suggested (at least to me -- and I could be way off) it was potentially attacking the people who hold the idea than the idea itself (in an all-x-is-y manner).
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:30 am

The Free Joy State wrote:Could I have a second opinion please, as -- from context with the first part of the sentence -- it appears to be talking in terms of creationists, rather than creationism, which suggested (at least to me -- and I could be way off) it was potentially attacking the people who hold the idea than the idea itself (in an all-x-is-y manner).

Please forgive the bump. But, as it's been over 24 hours -- and considering that, with everything going on today, it's been knocked halfway down the second page -- I thought there was a chance it had been missed.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:25 am

Thank you, both, for looking.

Return to Moderation