NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Threadjacking manspreading

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

[R] Threadjacking manspreading

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:10 am

Despite this discussion being entirely unrelated to Islam, Al Mumtahanah has been dedicatedly posting on Islam's view of men and women on public transport since their first post:
viewtopic.php?p=35964703#p35964703

The conversation has also gone into impurity according to Islam:
viewtopic.php?p=35964812#p35964812
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:25 am

1440 is the Islamic year right now, it's an inside joke because he, a Muslim, said it's already 2019. So I told him it's 1440.

A non Muslim brought up that women were impure in Islam because I offered a solution to this situation that didn't involve touching. Everything I said was sincere. I answered a few questions about purity and didn't digress, I did not bring up purity but of course if someone says something so ignorant as women are impure, I will correct him, then someone else equated ritual impurity with sin, which I also felt obligated to correct. I just corrected, I did not make any effort to digress. Other posters began to digress in blasphemy, probably to provoke me. I did not engage them specifically because I could see a threadjacking happening, so I remained silent. Yet you're reporting ME for making inflammatory statements and threadjacking when I said nothing in that thread remotely inflammatory and I am not part of the ongoing threadjack revolving around ridiculing Islam, I corrected someone's inflammatory statement that women are impure. I brought Islam directly in relation to seating arrangements between men and women which was the topic.
Last edited by Al Mumtahanah on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 am

I made it clear opposition to touching here had nothing to do with sexism anymore than it does when non Muslim men or women liked to be touched.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:43 am

I'm going to have to note that Al Mumtahanah did not directly answer the ACTUAL TOPIC of the thread, until prodded into doing so by Joy, trying to insert Islam into the the thread for no readily identifiable reason. If your religious beliefs require you to not touch a woman who is not related to you, then don't do so. Just don't feel obligated to constantly tell everyone about it in a thread that is not about Islam. Also, please do mark in thread (if you haven't already), that you mean 1440 as in the Islamic calendar, so as to avoid confusion, thanks.
Last edited by Lamoni on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:50 am

Thank you, Lamoni.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:57 am

I consider it unacceptable, period, and the concern I said I could understand was obviously the woman's in the OP. The topic was women were feeling uncomfortable with men's legs encroaching on theirs, I was referring exactly to that.
Ifreann wrote:

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:03 am

There's nothing stopping you from expressing it as a personal opinion, without mentioning Islam, as a suggestion. What people in the thread are objecting to is the forceful inclusion of Islam in a topic that is not about Islam. It would be about the same if someone were to suddenly start hijacking the Islam Discussion Thread in order to talk about their wonderful barbecued pork dinner, or something else that Muslims would find equally as bad. It is fine to be Muslim, but the religion itself does not need to be mentioned in every thread that a believer is in.
National Anthem

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:07 am

I didn't mention it, someone else did!!!!
Ifreann wrote:

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:10 am

Islam was not brought up in the thread until your post about it, here.
National Anthem

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:12 am

Lamoni wrote:Islam was not brought up in the thread until your post about it, here.

I didn't say anything about Islam there, that's my belief in general not "just for Muslims". Are you also going to say I'm threadjacking if I say alcohol should be banned in a thread about alcoholism?
Ifreann wrote:

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:16 am

Of course I would not cite you for threadjacking for saying that. You might also notice that I have not said that you were threadjacking here, either. Go ahead and look back through my previous posts in this thread. No mention of threadjacking.

The single most negative thing that i've said about you in this whole thread (if you can call it negative) was that you didn't answer the actual point of the thread until prodded.
Last edited by Lamoni on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:18 am

Okay sorry, I'm having a rough time in my life atm, I shouldn't have gotten so short with you. Sorry.
Ifreann wrote:

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:24 am

Apology accepted.
National Anthem

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation