NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONDED] Furtherment of Education

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONDED] Furtherment of Education

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Recognizing a need for quality education in member states,

Noting that the term "school" includes institutions of higher learning,

This resolution requires the creation of "World Schools", as defined in Article 1 in all member states.

It also requires the formation of "World Schools Committee", as defined in Article 2.

Article 1: World Schools
A. "World Schools" are a government-funded program that would act as a grad or vocational school,
B. these schools would serve to provide a rigorous, high-quality education, offering professional development that improves pedagogy and leadership.

Article 2: World Schools Committee
A. A World Schools Committee is to be formed to complete the tasks listed in this article:
B. The World Schools Committee, also to be known as the WSC, will be in charge of mandating a curriculum that executes a non-traditional learning platform.
Ba. The Non-traditional learning platform is to be defined as the combination of maths, sciences, social studies, and other educational departments in overlapping courses.
Bb. An example of a non-traditional learning platform course as used in this document, is a physics course that focuses on how to use algebraic skills to create formulas to demonstrate theories, rather than the just an overview of the topic.
C. The WSC will also define the annual "school year period."
D. The WS will also set a quota for the amount of state funding required for each World School.
Da. Each member nation will have the right to finance their World Schools as they see fit.
Db. Clarification: Finance is not used to define how much funding should be allotted, but where it is allotted from.

Article 4: Addressment of Financial Decisions
A. If a member-nation could not support its World School, it should appeal to the International or Regional community for assistance.
Last edited by United Civil Republic on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:23 am, edited 10 times in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:59 pm

OOC: If this is a "redraft", where's the previous draft? Also, I can't see how this would be a good idea to implement WA-wide. Especially given the terminal vagueness and giving a committee the freedom to randomly mandate government spending.

Have you looked at the existing educational resolutions? What are you adding that is not already done by them and any reasonable nation to begin with? I mean, what good are you adding?
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Araraukar wrote:OOC: If this is a "redraft", where's the previous draft? Also, I can't see how this would be a good idea to implement WA-wide. Especially given the terminal vagueness and giving a committee the freedom to randomly mandate government spending.

Have you looked at the existing educational resolutions? What are you adding that is not already done by them and any reasonable nation to begin with? I mean, what good are you adding?

OOC: He had a draft he posted on the proposals spot that got marked illegal.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Morover wrote:OOC: He had a draft he posted on the proposals spot that got marked illegal.

OOC: But none on the forums? Or was it saved in the Illegals thread?
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Morover wrote:OOC: He had a draft he posted on the proposals spot that got marked illegal.

OOC: I do not believe so, but it was marked illegal for duplication of GAR#80 and #159, as you mentioned, as well as an additional metagaming illegality it had (it mentioned regional delegates, I believe). If GenSec has something to add that I missed, let me know.

That being said, I gotta agree with Araraukar here. This seems to be unnecessary with the prior education resolutions currently in place.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:10 pm

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Unfortunately, this topic seems to be one unsuited to the GA’s style of legislation. World schools aren’t necessarily needed given existing resolutions. Also, you have a few illegalities. However, your style of writing is good, so I encourage you to stay around here.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Disregard this forum message.
Last edited by United Civil Republic on Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Unfortunately, this topic seems to be one unsuited to the GA’s style of legislation. World schools aren’t necessarily needed given existing resolutions. Also, you have a few illegalities. However, your style of writing is good, so I encourage you to stay around here.)

I ask that you look at the 2nd redraft I have prepared.

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Morover wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: But none on the forums? Or was it saved in the Illegals thread?

OOC: I do not believe so, but it was marked illegal for duplication of GAR#80 and #159, as you mentioned, as well as an additional metagaming illegality it had (it mentioned regional delegates, I believe). If GenSec has something to add that I missed, let me know.

That being said, I gotta agree with Araraukar here. This seems to be unnecessary with the prior education resolutions currently in place.

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Araraukar wrote:

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Quotas of students? Seriously?
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:Quotas of students? Seriously?

Yes. That way a nation couldn't just have 1 student and say that they are complying.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:00 pm

(OOC: Please put your current draft in your opening post. That way, it is easier to find when somebody clicks on the topic for the first time. Currently, clause 3A appears to contradict General Assembly resolution #035, Charter of a Civil Rights, which bans discrimination. As written, a government could choose to ban all black students, which isn’t allowed.

Also, quotas are very hard to manage. Suppose the WSC made a quota of 1000 students, which the school filled, but then twenty of them suddenly moved abroad. Without much warning, the government will receive fines for noncompliance, and be unable to fix this if all other students are already in school.)
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Kenmoria wrote: Also, quotas are very hard to manage. Suppose the WSC made a quota of 1000 students, which the school filled, but then twenty of them suddenly moved abroad. Without much warning, the government will receive fines for noncompliance, and be unable to fix this if all other students are already in school.)

It is not the place of a resolution to decide how the committee operates, which includes how it woulkd handle such a problem. Article 2 is simply a guideline for the creation of the committee. The committee then could redefine itself what tasks it would undertake and which that it would not. If you have a better way for me to write the clause, plz feel free to telegram me.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:53 pm

United Civil Republic wrote:It is not the place of a resolution to decide how the committee operates

OOC: That is literally what this resolution should do.

Also...
United Civil Republic wrote:I ask that you look at the 2nd redraft I have prepared.
United Civil Republic wrote:I ask that you look at the 2nd redraft I have prepared.

Triple posting the exact same thing is spamming. It doesn't matter that you're the OP, it's still spamming.

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Araraukar wrote:
United Civil Republic wrote:It is not the place of a resolution to decide how the committee operates

OOC: That is literally what this resolution should do.

Also...

Triple posting the exact same thing is spamming. It doesn't matter that you're the OP, it's still spamming.

OOC: Legally it can't. I can suggest the formation of a committee to oversee certain topics, but it can not dictate anything about the committee.
See Committees under Proposal Basics here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=159348

OOC: I could have done that better, yes. Thank you for noting that.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:09 pm

United Civil Republic wrote:OOC: Legally it can't. I can suggest the formation of a committee to oversee certain topics, but it can not dictate anything about the committee.

OOC: That is not what that rule means. You just can't say who sits at the committee or how long they sit there.
Last edited by Araraukar on Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Araraukar wrote:
United Civil Republic wrote:OOC: Legally it can't. I can suggest the formation of a committee to oversee certain topics, but it can not dictate anything about the committee.

OOC: That is not what that rule means. You just can't say who sits at the committee or how long they sit there.

OOC: Fair enough.

Do you have a formal proposition for any details of this draft or do you think it is good?

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:13 pm

United Civil Republic wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Quotas of students? Seriously?

Yes. That way a nation couldn't just have 1 student and say that they are complying.

No quotas. They are entirely counterproductive to any educational facility, emphasizing bean counting over quality of education.

(OOC: still illegal for duplication as well, in my opinion.)

Not Ta'veren

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:19 pm

The Chudokuren ambassador- Tokiko Suou- sat down, a new aide also beside her. Tokiko was a tall woman covered in tally-mark scars, an eyepatch covering her left eye- war wounds. In stark contrast, her aide was a cheerful young woman named Eimu Tanifuji, a smile plastered on her face.

“So, let me get this straight,” said Tokiko. “This proposal is about government funded schools which the government can choose not to fund- says its funded they see fit, see, Now, much as my government would love not to have to fund these things, wouldn’t that mean that, bear with me...they would not be funded? Or is that what the quota is for? Also, is this curriculum gonna be universal? ‘Cause that means that history classes would be all about things that might not have relevance to the nation the school is in, and that won’t do. Also, wouldn’t making the year periods of these “World Schools” different to local schools be an issue? And having to enrol a certain number of people in these things isn’t always a government decision. That comes down to parents in a lot of places. Even here it does.”
This nation exists for fun and insanity, not to represent my actual views which are much more mundane and boring.
Also, I don't use NS stats. So please ignore them.
Current Status (yes, I'm bad at keeping this updated): Immaterial

TG me for a free cookie. May contain traces of hydrogen cyanide.

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:The Chudokuren ambassador- Tokiko Suou- sat down, a new aide also beside her. Tokiko was a tall woman covered in tally-mark scars, an eyepatch covering her left eye- war wounds. In stark contrast, her aide was a cheerful young woman named Eimu Tanifuji, a smile plastered on her face.

“So, let me get this straight,” said Tokiko. “This proposal is about government funded schools which the government can choose not to fund- says its funded they see fit, see, Now, much as my government would love not to have to fund these things, wouldn’t that mean that, bear with me...they would not be funded? Or is that what the quota is for? Also, is this curriculum gonna be universal? ‘Cause that means that history classes would be all about things that might not have relevance to the nation the school is in, and that won’t do. Also, wouldn’t making the year periods of these “World Schools” different to local schools be an issue? And having to enrol a certain number of people in these things isn’t always a government decision. That comes down to parents in a lot of places. Even here it does.”

The Representative for UCR, Jackson Hughes, responds starkly, "We will need to continue working with the wording of the resolution as far as financing goes, but yes that is what the WCS quota is designed to do. Concerning your issues with the curriculum and school year period, both would be decided by the WCS, but this is also designed as a higher-level school program, as stated as such, like a vocational school or grad school. And, finally concerning the enrollment quota, you are not the first one to show concern, and once I leave this meeting, my draft writers will remove it.

OOC: Please look back at the draft and note any changes I make. Thank you.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:41 pm

“What exactly is the difference between a normal school and a world school? What is this proposal trying to accomplish by separating the two?”
My pronouns are he/him.

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:45 pm

Kenmoria wrote:“What exactly is the difference between a normal school and a world school? What is this proposal trying to accomplish by separating the two?”

"A World School is different because it encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions, develop independently of government and national systems, incorporates quality practice from research and the global community of schools, encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts, and helps develop multilingual students."

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:06 am

Kenmoria wrote:“What exactly is the difference between a normal school and a world school? What is this proposal trying to accomplish by separating the two?”

"A World School is different because it encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions, develop independently of government and national systems, incorporates quality practice from research and the global community of schools, encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts, and helps develop multilingual students."

So, an indoctrination center instead of an educational facility.

Not Ta'veren

United Civil Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Civil Republic » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:14 am

Grays Harbor wrote:

So, an indoctrination center instead of an educational facility.

It could be, but that is why the committee is formed, theoretically the committee would be culturualy diverse. That is as much as I can say without trying to meta-game my resolution.
Last edited by United Civil Republic on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly