NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders (OOC/CLOSED) CONCLUDED!!!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:10 am

Name: April Oberlin
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A pale-skinned slim girl standing at 5'7, she is known for having brown eyes and messy short dark blonde hair. On the night of Halloween, she arrives wearing her regular school outfit of a red and white Letterman jacket and black shorts with red Converse sneakers. She is known to have a silver cross necklace from her parents, which she has the cross upside-down as a joke.
Personality: April is somewhat of an outspoken girl, though she suffers with fitting in with people around her, due to her somewhat jaded behavior that she tends to show in school. Even though she sees herself as a buzzkill, she does admit that she is somewhat anti-social, but wants to be normal. She does know how to flirt with several students, though she isn't portrayed as naive or self-centered, as she's more of a tomboy. She is indifferent on religion, due to her heavily Catholic parents and other kid's opinions on it. She has knowledge in most movies, since she attends film club and can be seen as more of a nerd.
Likes: Film Club, Movies, Boys, Alternative Rock and Punk music.
Dislikes: Drugs, Schoolwork, Early Mornings, Girls, Sports (though she tends to work out to stay slim), and Bullies.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:10 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Ok we can wait a bit.

I have an afternoon round of classes to teach so we’ll see where we’re at by tomorrow maybe

Wow we might get the 8 players and the 1-2 RP murderers

Nice to have a full cast ;)
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:12 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Name: April Oberlin
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A pale-skinned slim girl standing at 5'7, she is known for having brown eyes and messy short dark blonde hair. On the night of Halloween, she arrives wearing her regular school outfit of a red and white Letterman jacket and black shorts with red Converse sneakers. She is known to have a silver cross necklace from her parents, which she has the cross upside-down as a joke.
Personality: April is somewhat of an outspoken girl, though she suffers with fitting in with people around her, due to her somewhat jaded behavior that she tends to show in school. Even though she sees herself as a buzzkill, she does admit that she is somewhat anti-social, but wants to be normal. She does know how to flirt with several students, though she isn't portrayed as naive or self-centered, as she's more of a tomboy. She is indifferent on religion, due to her heavily Catholic parents and other kid's opinions on it. She has knowledge in most movies, since she attends film club and can be seen as more of a nerd.
Likes: Film Club, Movies, Boys, Alternative Rock and Punk music.
Dislikes: Drugs, Schoolwork, Early Mornings, Girls, Sports (though she tends to work out to stay slim), and Bullies.

Approved

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:28 am

What will be the opening setting for our characters? i.e. school, the mansion, somewhere else?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:48 am

Nagakawa wrote:What will be the opening setting for our characters? i.e. school, the mansion, somewhere else?

I was thinking the RP would start with the characters walking in the forest towards the mansion.

(unless there's a better suggestion)

In the meantime, all players please think of a reason why you've agreed to go to this crazy party at the haunted house; it may be in character for some to do it as a "dare" or just for the fun, others may have to be more creative; we'll see...

I think its best to get to the house as soon as we can and set up the tension and atmosphere before the first killing(s)

Still waiting on Haven's update
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:53 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Nagakawa wrote:What will be the opening setting for our characters? i.e. school, the mansion, somewhere else?

I was thinking the RP would start with the characters walking in the forest towards the mansion.

In the meantime, all players please think of a reason why you've agreed to go to this crazy party at the haunted house; it may be in character for some to do it as a "dare" or just for the fun, others may have to be more creative; we'll see...

I think its best to get to the house as soon as we can and set up the tension and atmosphere before the first killing(s)

Alrighty. I think it’s a good idea to have them all together at the start; saves the trouble of having to write an awkward introductory post with lots of forced backstory and inner monologue just to set up a meeting.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 am

Nagakawa wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Alrighty. I think it’s a good idea to have them all together at the start; saves the trouble of having to write an awkward introductory post with lots of forced backstory and inner monologue just to set up a meeting.

they'll definitely all be immediately together

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:27 am

Still contacting people, summer quiet time on the roleplay forums.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vienna Eliot » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Name: Joyce Wu
Appearance: 5'10", but don't call her out on it. She's a hip Asian American (don't ask where she's from — it's 1998 for fuck's sake) and tonight she's got an off-white turtleneck sweater — it really compliments her bob cut — tucked into her plum high-waisted trousers, topped off with some ironic penny loafers.
Personality: In a word? Cool. But not the rock-and-roll, black as your soul cool. Joyce is ahead of her time. She's the kind of cool that shouldn't be cool, ditching the little cliques of choker-wearing sophomores to defy the odds and hang out with the real cool kids — even though, let's be real, they're beneath her and they know it. Word on the street is she's graduating a year early and going to some elite liberal women's college next year.

Well, good riddance in my opinion. The girl's a bitch, I'm just saying. Listening to Radiohead isn't a personality, and whatever album about aeroplanes she's been playing on her Walkman nonstop the past three months isn't even that good. Smart and dangerous and hip don't mesh at all, which is why half the school hates her. Oh, I'm sorry, am I not allowed to say that? Fine, I take it back: half the school doesn't hate her.

Likes: Dense textbooks, switchblades, Saturday Night Live, making boys nervous, making girls orgasm.
Dislikes: Current fashion (chokers? really?), Judith Butler (too liberal), Bill Clinton (too conservative), bright lights.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Vienna Eliot wrote:Name: Joyce Wu
Appearance: 5'10", but don't call her out on it. She's a hip Asian American (don't ask where she's from — it's 1998 for fuck's sake) and tonight she's got an off-white turtleneck sweater — it really compliments her bob cut — tucked into her plum high-waisted trousers, topped off with some ironic penny loafers.
Personality: In a word? Cool. But not the rock-and-roll, black as your soul cool. Joyce is ahead of her time. She's the kind of cool that shouldn't be cool, ditching the little cliques of choker-wearing sophomores to defy the odds and hang out with the real cool kids — even though, let's be real, they're beneath her and they know it. Word on the street is she's graduating a year early and going to some elite liberal women's college next year.

Well, good riddance in my opinion. The girl's a bitch, I'm just saying. Listening to Radiohead isn't a personality, and whatever album about aeroplanes she's been playing on her Walkman nonstop the past three months isn't even that good. Smart and dangerous and hip don't mesh at all, which is why half the school hates her. Oh, I'm sorry, am I not allowed to say that? Fine, I take it back: half the school doesn't hate her.

Likes: Dense textbooks, switchblades, Saturday Night Live, making boys nervous, making girls orgasm.
Dislikes: Current fashion (chokers? really?), Judith Butler (too liberal), Bill Clinton (too conservative), bright lights.

Approved

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 pm

And were at 7 non op players

We need one more (to hit 8) then it’s green lights

(For a first RP I think I should keep it small scale)

However, I might run a round 2 if round 1 goes well

When we get the 8th player I’ll be putting together the Murderer appointment telegrams

(Even if randomly chosen, you can decline by telegram to be murderer if it’s not your cup of tea)
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:37 pm

I immediately predict this will happen in this RP.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I immediately predict this will happen in this RP.

Mama, oooo, I don't wanna die, I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vienna Eliot » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:59 pm

For what it's worth, the 8 players we have is pretty sizable, especially for a shorter (read: not years long) roleplay like this. I might encourage OP to post the IC, and maybe another player will come along and apply while we're getting started.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 pm

For reference, the players are as follows:

NPC:
Gerry Elliot
Fred Winchester
Anna Winchester
Lily Hills

PC:
Kier Leon
Leon Clark
Evanora Bishop
Ashley Takizawa
Alexander Tarrow
Joyce Wu
April Oberlin
(1 Open)

Let us begin.

Murderer Telegrams have been sent out to 2 of the PCs, it will say the following:

“If you have received this telegram then your character has been randomly chosen to be one of the 2 Murderers in this scenario. Please TG me back with the following as soon as possible about whether or not you Accept (if not, I will TG someone else).

Please think about the motive of the character for the murders although you don’t have to tell me now.

In the RP your character may take open and Secret actions. For open actions, just post them as your character. For Secret actions (as Murderers, i.e. you want to attack someone as a murderer without revealing identity yet unless it goes wrong) then

TELEGRAM ME about it with some detailed instructions.

If I approve, I will implement it into the RP without revealing your identity unless it goes wrong.

Remember, unless we find a firearm in the house (there are none now) the murderers are encouraged to melee weapons.

You may choose to wear a mask and other elaborate disguises for the killing (and to switch back between costumed and non-costumed mode).

The RP is for fun and while the murderers will probably rack up a bit of a kill toll, remember that near the end of the RP the Final Girl/Boy mechanic will kick in.

Also, let us wait for the characters to get to know each other first before we start with any serious kill actions. Let the tension settle in first.

Also, I recommend that we start by target-killing a few NPCs first so PCs don’t start dying so quickly.

Regards”

IC incoming.

(Green Text will be deployed from time to time to redact or rewind the scenario if necessary; I don’t know what the convention is for these forums, someone can enlighten me).

LET US BEGIN! STANDBY!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

OOC

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 pm

[Redacted]
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Velly nice. I’ll get to work on a post soon.

Also IM, you should create a second thread for in-character posts. Label it as “IC thread” and put a link to the OOC thread in there (also, add a link to the IC thread in the OP of the OOC thread).

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

IC

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:01 pm

[Redacted]
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

OOC

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Thanks for the tips.

Is this better?

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote: Thanks for the tips.

Is this better?

No, a separate thread entirely, and labelled as “IC”. Not a labelled post in this thread.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:11 pm

For example, this other RP I’m in has a thread for OOC matters such as applications and discussions, and a separate IC thread for actual in character posts, with links to the other thread in the OP of each thread.
Last edited by Nagakawa on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Ah okay so this thread would be for logistics while another thread would be 100% RP?

And if I wanted to make a ruling or rewind, would those posts be put here or in that other thread?

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Ah okay so this thread would be for logistics while another thread would be 100% RP?

And if I wanted to make a ruling or rewind, would those posts be put here or in that other thread?

Yep, the SOP in P2TM is to have all IC matters in a single thread and all OOC matters in another.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Nagakawa wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Ah okay so this thread would be for logistics while another thread would be 100% RP?

Yep, the SOP in P2TM is to have all IC matters in a single thread and all OOC matters in another.

Okay. I think I've fixed it now. The IC is in another thread with the links fixed.

And if I want to interject in the IC thread, should it be done here or there?

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Nagakawa wrote:

Okay. I think I've fixed it now. The IC is in another thread with the links fixed.

And if I want to interject in the IC thread, should it be done here or there?

Generally it’s ok to add short OOC messages to the IC thread as long as they’re clearly separated from the IC material (eg by using brackets or spoilers). Longer and more detailed OOC instructions on the other hand would be more suited for the actual OOC thread.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse