NATION

PASSWORD

Democracy at War: Pelosi v. AOC [Cancelled]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Democracy at War: Pelosi v. AOC [Cancelled]

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Link to IC Coming Soon

There is a war brewing in the District of Columbia. It started with minor disagreements on the floor. Then storms of vicious tweets. But people say the breaking point was when the House Democratic Caucus (@HouseDemocrats) retweeted Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Chief of Staff, lambasting him for naming a Congresswoman by her first name: "Who is this guy and why is he explicitly singling out a Native American woman of color?" Progressives lost it. New Dems followed suit. And then war broke out.

Wait, sorry, that's not the war part. This was:

Well, recess came and Republicans skipped town. But Democrats were enraged on both sides of the aisle. Staffers started dying left and right. A stabbing here. A shooting there. One of them got pushed into the construction at the Rayburn House Office Building. And I'm told somebody drowned an intern in the reflecting pool. Things got out of control, and before we knew it, the entire city of Washington, DC had been turned into something of a warzone.

Now, the moderates, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, are headquartered in Foggy Bottom. The progressives, led by Commander Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, are operating out of Columbia Heights. With P.O.T.U.S. away in Florida, both sides have managed to enlist the aid of soldiers, sailors, and airmen in the U.S. military. Their goal: to conquer the United States Capitol. Congressional recess ends in a few short weeks. Once Republican Members of Congress are back in town, the combined might of either side plus the GOP will allow whichever side can hold down the Capitol to expel the other caucus from Congress.

Democracy is at war. Which side are you on?

The Battlefield Map

The Roleplay
This is a war strategy roleplay taking place in Washington, DC. Moderates and progressives in the House Democratic Caucus are literally at war in DC, with their goal being to cripple the other side and seize the Capitol after the Congressional recess ends. You can take the role of a Member of Congress (commanding the troops from HQ), a staffer (leading troops on the ground), or a soldier (fighting on the front lines).

The roleplay will last three weeks. It's not real time (maybe we'll try something real time at some point), but the IC time is also three weeks ICly — so the longer something lasts, the closer it is to a 1:1 IC:OOC time ratio.

Rules
1. OP Rights. I reserve the right, as OP, to control this roleplay in order to make it better for everyone participating. That includes enforcing these rules.
2. Real Life Characters. Members of Congress should be real. Staffers can be fictional, and probably should.
3. Posting Frequency. Post regularly. If you can't, let everyone know.
4. Cheating. Please don't cheat: this means no substantively editing posts after you make them, no godmodding, no metagaming, and no looking things up when your character is in a situation that they wouldn't be able to do the same.
5. Respect. Respect other players, respect the roleplay, and follow NS site rules.
6. Background. Everyone has fair game to worldbuild background about the conflict. Just be sure you keep up on what other people have written so that you don't contradict what's already been established.

Application
Code: Select all
[u]APP[/u]
[b]Account Name:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Alignment (Moderate or Progressive):[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Miscellaneous[/b]
[list][/list]

Moderates
Stephanie Murphy (FL-7) | Commander of the Foggy Bottom Regiment

Progressives
Maxine Waters (CA-43) | Lieutenant Colonel of the Columbia Heights Battalion

Other
Last edited by Vienna Eliot on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:19 pm

This post is reserved.

Here's my app:

APP
Account Name: Vienna Eliot
Character Name: Stephanie Murphy
Alignment (Moderate or Progressive): Moderate
  • U.S. Representative (FL-7)
  • Commander of the Foggy Bottom Regiment, New Democratic Coalition

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Founded: May 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:24 pm

reason why usa is gonna get invaded

Demorvian
Envoy

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Demorvian » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:30 pm

Trump gotta leave DC.
(Typing With Autocomplete.)

The United States Government,and the rabies virus is a Kyle that overdoses on caffeine,and the rabies virus is not only about the rabies virus from this align with hydroelectric or working trebuchet against your have been flooded with vegetation align with Russia and Japan and internet explorer is the beginning of man's decline for you to find yourself in.

Trump 2020
Make America Great Again

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:47 pm

APP
Account Name:borovan entered the region as he
Character Name: Maxine Waters
Alignment (Moderate or Progressive): Progressive
Lieutenant colonel of the Columbia Heights Battalion
Miscellaneous Served in CA state assembly as prior experience

Ooc: actually I'm not sure if I can participate I know little about military and military rp and the geography of the capital . I can sit out if my experience is limited
    Last edited by Borovan entered the region as he on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Klorgia1
    Envoy

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
    Ex-Nation

Postby Klorgia1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:52 pm

One of the weirdest parts is, without the OOC/Sign-ups stuff, the sounds like an actual, over-exaggerated headline.
    News: This Sig Still Exists.

Vienna Eliot
    Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am

Borovan entered the region as he wrote:APP
    Account Name:borovan entered the region as he
    Character Name: Maxine Waters
    Alignment (Moderate or Progressive): Progressive
    Lieutenant colonel of the Columbia Heights Battalion
    Miscellaneous Served in CA state assembly as prior experience

Ooc: actually I'm not sure if I can participate I know little about military and military rp and the geography of the capital . I can sit out if my experience is limited

Welcome, Lieutenant Colonel! Commander Ocasio-Cortez values your dedication to the fight!

Danceria
      Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
      Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:11 pm

A hearty chuckle OP, hope y'all don't mind a neutral party of god fearing and gun toting americans?
      One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
      It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
      “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
      Obligatory Quotes below
      “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
      -{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Vienna Eliot
      Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Danceria wrote:A hearty chuckle OP, hope y'all don't mind a neutral party of god fearing and gun toting americans?

Danceria
      Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
      Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Vienna Eliot wrote:
      Danceria wrote:A hearty chuckle OP, hope y'all don't mind a neutral party of god fearing and gun toting americans?

To quote some dude with small fingers, "Chaos is a ladder".
      One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
      It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
      “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
      Obligatory Quotes below
      “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
      -{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Vienna Eliot
      Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:40 pm

This roleplay has been cancelled, and instead it will take place as an F7 forum game!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse