NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders (OOC/CLOSED) CONCLUDED!!!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Party House Murders (OOC/CLOSED) CONCLUDED!!!

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:45 pm

Party House Murders

There’s a large “haunted” mansion in the middle of a forest near a small town called Simon Creek.

Legend has it that thirteen years ago an old man (John Vanderbilt) went mad, shot his wife, and drowned his infants before hanging himself. The place has since been said to be haunted by the ghosts of the whole family.
It is Halloween, 1998…

A bunch of bored, on the whole immature, and reckless teenagers (12 of them) from a high school called Simon High, decide to sneak into the house and have a party there for the night.
However, TWO of the 12 kids have a lot of hidden anger issues and plans to systematically murder all of the other 12 teens. The two murderers have completely different motives and have no idea that two of them are planning to kill everyone else that same night.

In this RP we will attempt to simulate the conditions of a B movie slasher movie. Since this is the first iteration and I am very very new to RP, I will run the game/roleplay with a very small group of players.
8 players may sign up and create a teenage character from Simon High to be RP-ed in this scenario, the template is as follows:

Name:
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night):
Personality:

Upon submitting the character, I (the OP) will decide to approve or disapprove. The following things will be considered when I approve:

1. We need a mix and balance of character archetypes
2. Characters should be realistic, interesting, and in general stick to the Simon High setting though age can vary pending approval
Try to play to horror movie archetypes about teens and create interesting personalities.

Below are the 4 NPC characters that will take part in the game as well to form the 12:

Name: Gerry Elliot
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: A tall white muscular kid with a crew cut hair, wears sunglasses just to look cool (yes, even at night), he wears a black t shirt with a skull logo no it, blue jeans, and leather boots. He has been involved in petty crime in the neighborhood from time to time (vandalism, theft).
Personality: Ralph is a bit of bully. He’s loud, obnoxious, and highly manipulative. It was Ralph’s idea to launch this party in the haunted house.
Likes: Drugs, death rock, sex, motorbikes, basketball, his GF Lucy
Dislikes: schoolwork, homosexuals, spiders

Name: Fred Winchester
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Short blonde hair, blue eyes, with a bullet shaped nose, somewhat resembles the actor who played Fred in the Scooby Doo movie.
Personality: Socially-sensitive, cautious, generally calm. Fred only agreed to come to this party because his sister (Anna Winchester) was “dared” into coming. He’s coming along to protect her.
Dislikes: Outdoors activity, nature

Name: Lily Hills
Gender/Sex: A white girl with glasses and long dark hair. Wears a purple long sleeved shirt, jeans, and running shoes.
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night):
Personality: Quiet, reserved, bookish. Has a particular interest on ghosts, the supernatural, and regional hauntings.
Dislikes: rock and roll

Name: Anna Winchester
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A short stocky blonde haired girl with bright green eyes (short hair). She wears a striped short-sleeved t shirt and khaki shorts with running shoes.
Personality: A young girl (10th grade, several years younger than the average) really looking to prove herself as “brave.” Has the general characteristics of a tomboyish girl, defines herself as the opposite to her brother Fred. Rash, reckless, and brave on the outside but surprisingly vulnerable on the inside.
Likes: Rock and roll, camping/scouts based activities, drugs
Dislikes: schoolwork, reading, anything girly, parents

Once I have approved of the 8 players we will have our 12 players and we can start.

I will telegram 2 random players and tell them that they have been chosen to be the Murderers in the RP. They will then telegram me back about the motive (they can come up with it) for the murders.
Rules are as follows:

1. OP’s word is law (not sure about something, ask the OP)
2. No one is allowed to bring guns or other highly game-changing tools to the party, I would like to, where possible, for players to work with what’s in the house (not sure, please ask OP)… the Murderers are allowed to sneak long knives (and only knives) to the party for the killings.
3. Murderers should (ideally) not reveal that they are the Murderers until near the end game.
4. This is 1998 and cell phones weren’t as big of a thing so for the purposes of this RP… NO ONE HAS BROUGHT THEIR CELL PHONES TO THE PARTY (a bit unrealistic perhaps, but this is a B movie horror)
5. Players may say whatever they want to say and do a number of actions, but they want to do something that affects another player, stop the post after you say something to the effect of “(attempts to do X)”
6. Non-Murderer players must do and attempt to do all actions in the posts here. Murderers can take “secret actions” by telegramming me the details. I will them implement the actions as OP without revealing the identity of the killers until the right time.

*** This maybe goes without saying, but since this is a horror roleplay, people will be killed off.

When the OP states that your character is dead… they are dead. Faking death maybe allowed and the OP will play along.
The dice roll mechanic will be used (by the OP) to determine outcomes. The dice, in general, favors the Murderers. One Murderer might accidentally kill another Murderer.
When they are only two non-Murderer players left and 1 or 2 Murderers left… the Final Girl/Boy mechanic will be in play. This means that the dice odds are changed to be slightly in favor of the “good guys.”

This is in accordance with horror movie tropes.

Anything may occur here, perhaps the Murderer(s) will kill everyone, perhaps a Final Girl/Boy will live to tell the tale.

Perhaps there will be a sequel.

Have fun.

Let’s see what happens.

THE GAME HAS STARTED. THIS IS THE LINK TO THE FIRST IN-SCENARIO POST OF RP

Please make IC posts ^
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:28 am, edited 12 times in total.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:18 am

I think this is the first time I've seen an IM RP.
Stuff. Just stuff.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:22 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:I think this is the first time I've seen an IM RP.

It’s a hugely experimental thing

I’m completely open to advice too

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:25 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Great Swedish Empire wrote:I think this is the first time I've seen an IM RP.

Well, for starters the app template could be improved on using "code." It would certainly clean the OP up.
Stuff. Just stuff.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:54 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Well, for starters the app template could be improved on using "code." It would certainly clean the OP up.

Well do...

Is there anything unorthodox/discouraged/generally not cool with how rules are set up?

What about this use of telegrams and the random murderers mechanic?

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:01 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Great Swedish Empire wrote:

Well do...

Is there anything unorthodox/discouraged/generally not cool with how rules are set up?

What about this use of telegrams and the random murderers mechanic?

The random murders will upset some people as their Characters are like, "*Snap* u ded." This makes sure that few will put any major effort into characters. I would recommend them having a chance to protect themselves. Like having dice roll. The TG part is so far okay.
Last edited by The Great Swedish Empire on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuff. Just stuff.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:03 am

Name: Kier Leon
Gender/Sex: m
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A giant of a man, around 6 ft 8; generally white but has tanned skin, sharp and intelligent-looking green eyes with black shoulder-length hair. Will be wearing a rockets basketball shirt, jeans and black trainers.
Personality: Captain of the basketball team, good sense of humour, very popular. Really does not like bullies.
Likes: Basketball, boys (though isn't open about that), heavy metal music, making friends, alcohol
Dislikes: drugs, bullies, authority, the golden state warriors (didn't really have to put that, who doesn't?)
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:06 am

Reserve me a spot among the teens, app will be up shortly. Glad to see you're taking an interest in PTMU Irradiated Mushroom.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Name: Kier Leon
Gender/Sex: m
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A giant of a man, around 6 ft 8; generally white but has tanned skin, sharp and intelligent-looking green eyes with black shoulder-length hair. Will be wearing a rockets basketball shirt, jeans and black trainers.
Personality: Captain of the basketball team, good sense of humour, very popular. Really does not like bullies.
Likes: Basketball, boys (though isn't open about that), heavy metal music, making friends, alcohol
Dislikes: drugs, bullies, authority, the golden state warriors (didn't really have to put that, who doesn't?)

Approved.

Cool character

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:28 am

Name: Leon Clark
Appearance:
Personality: At home and at school Leon is a well behaved, polite, friendly teenager. His family being one of the wealthiest in the town and him being an only child, Leon hates how his family dotes on him with expensive gifts and prefers to go out and explore. On some nights he and his friends from school break into abandoned homes and stores around the local area-it's Leon's favorite past time. His relationship with religion is more grey however, as Leon feels he has no connection to the God that his family worships though he doesn't particularly hate his church.
Dislikes: High Society, Big Cities, Cats
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:51 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:Name: Leon Clark
Appearance:
Personality: At home and at school Leon is a well behaved, polite, friendly teenager. His family being one of the wealthiest in the town and him being an only child, Leon hates how his family dotes on him with expensive gifts and prefers to go out and explore. On some nights he and his friends from school break into abandoned homes and stores around the local area-it's Leon's favorite past time. His relationship with religion is more grey however, as Leon feels he has no connection to the God that his family worships though he doesn't particularly hate his church.
Dislikes: High Society, Big Cities, Cats

Approved. Very interesting character.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 am

I’m unfamiliar with how these threads typically go

What’s the normal turnout for these threads?

Should I wait a few more days or launch with less players?

Is turnout typically low unless you conduct it with a IrL circle of contacts?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:56 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I’m unfamiliar with how these threads typically go

I'll find us some people.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:I’m unfamiliar with how these threads typically go

Turnout is highly variable depending on what people are interested in at any given time. If this thread came out around Halloween then i would imagine all available slots would be filled and then some.

Regarding an IrL circle of contacts i would say not. I don't know anyone from NS off this site and it never affected RP's that i've run or Co-OP'd

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Since this is more experimental/prototypical then anything else

I will launch the game in 10 hours :)

With fewer players I will either telegram 1 player and make them a murderer or else make a NPC the killer. I won’t reveal which.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Since this is more experimental/prototypical then anything else

With fewer players I will either telegram 1 player and make them a murderer or else make a NPC the killer. I won’t reveal which.

Hold it for a couple of days, I'm still looking for people.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:57 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Since this is more experimental/prototypical then anything else

Hold it for a couple of days, I'm still looking for people.

Roger roger

White Bluff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:57 am

Name: Evanora Bishop
Gender/Sex: F
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): She has blue-green eyes, stands at 5'8", and has long auburn hair.

Personality: Evanora is a witchy girl, rebelling against her parents strong Catholic faith. She studies the occult. Cynical, sarcastic, quiet, intelligent, secretive, and flirty. Takes Tarot cards where ever she goes.
Likes: occult/Satanism, cats, toying with guys, the supernatural, and winter
Dislikes: Christianity, politics, holier then thou people, dogs, and summer.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:59 am

White Bluff wrote:Name: Evanora Bishop
Gender/Sex: F
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): She has blue-green eyes, stands at 5'8", and has long auburn hair.
Personality: Evanora is a witchy girl, rebelling against her parents strong Catholic faith. She studies the occult. Cynical, sarcastic, quiet, intelligent, secretive, and flirty. Takes Tarot cards where ever she goes.
Likes: occult/Satanism, cats, toying with guys, the supernatural, and winter
Dislikes: Christianity, politics, holier then thou people, dogs, and summer.

Approved.

Let's see if we can get more =)

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:31 am

Name
Ashley Takizawa

Gender/Sex
Male

Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night)

Though he looks small, standing at just 1.71m / 5ft 6in and weighing 55kg / 121lbs, the wild-haired Ashley Takizawa, a third-generation Japanese American, has a rather lean, athletic figure, owing to his constantly being up and about and his love for the outdoors and physical activity. He walks with a slight, barely noticeable limp on his left leg, the result of a partially-torn MCL sustained a year ago (and that never quite recovered fully), after he skidded off the pavement while cycling; from far and without scrutiny, this looks less like a limp and more like a curious spring in his step that adds a touch of eccentricity to his person.

Where his wardrobe is concerned, Ashley tends to choose comfort over aesthetics, usually going about with a T-shirt, berms, and flip-flops in the warmer months, and an old blue hand-me-down jacket, whatever trousers he pulls out of his closet in the dark, and sneakers towards the colder season. On his visit to the mansion, Ashley is wearing a typically simple combination consisting of his faithful blue jacket, a blank maroon T-shirt and navy-blue Adidas tracksuit pants, and a pair of white trainers.

Personality
Perhaps a natural response to his parents' overprotectiveness, Ashley is a highly outgoing, adventurous, undeniably naughty, and possibly somewhat insane individual, perpetually seeking an adrenaline rush of some sort; on one occasion, much to his parents' disdain, he free-soloed a ten storey high rock wall at a climbing gym, explaining later that there was "just no kick to doing the damn thing with ropes".

Though he does love his parents deep down, Ashley simply isn't interested in listening to their orders for him to study more and endanger his life for the sake of thrills less; for that matter, he isn't interested in listening to authority where it doesn't suit his interests, valuing his autonomy very much and choosing to use it to fulfil his thirst for adventure and adrenaline, in the process sacrificing his mediocre (at their very best) grades and, to some extent, his relationships with the senior figures in his life. The exception was his late maternal grandfather, who passed on in 1996 and whom Ashley sees as the single most inspirational figure in his life for several reasons.

He doesn't exude an air either of heavyweight machismo or of girlish sissiness, but Ashley is, quite noticeably, a very athletic and physically-inclined person, almost describable as a "jock" were it not for his strong interest in classical music (especially Sibelius) and ornithology (he keeps a journal with him detailing all the bird species he has come across). Although Ashley is rather soft-spoken and unassuming in manner, his outgoing and assertive personality is nevertheless very much evident in the way he goes about doing things, and when he gets excited, this sometimes comes off as a mildly discomforting pushiness.

Ashley has never had a girlfriend, seemingly never having expressed any interest in going into a relationship of any sort; though this is more or less due to his preferring the thrill of trying new (and dangerous) things over the more emotional realm of becoming intimate with anyone, one can almost sense, in his insatiable longing for adventure, a deep-seated and well-concealed uncertainty within him, as if he is bottling and closeting something up tightly.

Ashley is by and large a vegetarian, having been one since he was 15, although he does occasionally eat meat when it is inconvenient to not do so. His bucket list goals are to jump out of a plane, to become fluent in Japanese, and to spot 1,000 different species of birds (he has currently seen 391); his already achieved goals are to try LSD (he didn't like it) and to eat fugu (he liked it).

- Cycling
- Rock climbing
- Sibelius
- Beethoven
- Queen
- David Bowie
- Okinawan tofu
- Baked beans
- Eggplant
- Cappuccino
- The wilderness
- Baileys Irish cream

Dislikes
- Air conditioning
- Energy drinks
- Traditional classroom lessons
- Goody-two-shoes people
- Modern art ("bloody pretentious shits, the lot of them")
- Shopping malls and other crowded, commercialised places
- Green Day
- Michael Jackson
- Cars and automobiles in general
- Enclosed spaces
Last edited by Nagakawa on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:35 am

Nagakawa wrote:Name
Ashley Takizawa

Gender/Sex
Male

Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night)

Though he looks small, standing at just 1.71m / 5ft 6in and weighing 55kg / 121lbs, the wild-haired Ashley Takizawa, a third-generation Japanese American, has a rather lean, athletic figure, owing to his constantly being up and about and his love for the outdoors and physical activity. He walks with a slight, barely noticeable limp on his left leg, the result of a partially-torn MCL sustained a year ago (and that never quite recovered fully), after he skidded off the pavement while cycling; from far and without scrutiny, this looks less like a limp and more like a curious spring in his step that adds a touch of eccentricity to his person.

Where his wardrobe is concerned, Ashley tends to choose comfort over aesthetics, usually going about with a T-shirt, berms, and flip-flops in the warmer months, and an old blue hand-me-down jacket, whatever trousers he pulls out of his closet in the dark, and sneakers towards the colder season. On his visit to the mansion, Ashley is wearing a typically simple combination consisting of his faithful blue jacket, a blank maroon T-shirt and navy-blue Adidas tracksuit pants, and a pair of white trainers.

Personality
Perhaps a natural response to his parents' overprotectiveness, Ashley is a highly outgoing, adventurous, undeniably naughty, and possibly somewhat insane individual, perpetually seeking an adrenaline rush of some sort; on one occasion, much to his parents' disdain, he free-soloed a ten storey high rock wall at a climbing gym, explaining later that there was "just no kick to doing the damn thing with ropes".

Though he does love his parents deep down, Ashley simply isn't interested in listening to their orders for him to study more and endanger his life for the sake of thrills less; for that matter, he isn't interested in listening to authority where it doesn't suit his interests, valuing his autonomy very much and choosing to use it to fulfil his thirst for adventure and adrenaline, in the process sacrificing his mediocre (at their very best) grades and, to some extent, his relationships with the senior figures in his life. The exception was his late maternal grandfather, who passed on in 1996 and whom Ashley sees as the single most inspirational figure in his life for several reasons.

He doesn't exude an air either of heavyweight machismo or of girlish sissiness, but Ashley is, quite noticeably, a very athletic and physically-inclined person, almost describable as a "jock" were it not for his strong interest in classical music (especially Sibelius) and ornithology (he keeps a journal with him detailing all the bird species he has come across). Although Ashley is rather soft-spoken and unassuming in manner, his outgoing and assertive personality is nevertheless very much evident in the way he goes about doing things, and when he gets excited, this sometimes comes off as a mildly discomforting pushiness.

Ashley has never had a girlfriend, seemingly never having expressed any interest in going into a relationship of any sort; though this is
more or less due to his preferring the thrill of trying new (and dangerous) things over the more emotional realm of becoming intimate with anyone, one can almost sense, in his insatiable longing for adventure, a deep-seated and well-concealed uncertainty within him, as if he is bottling and closeting something up tightly.

Ashley is by and large a vegetarian, having been one since he was 15, although he does occasionally eat meat when it is inconvenient to not do so. His bucket list goals are to jump out of a plane, to become fluent in Japanese, and to spot 1,000 different species of birds (he has currently seen 391); his already achieved goals are to try LSD (he didn't like it) and to eat fugu (he liked it).

- Cycling
- Rock climbing
- Sibelius
- Beethoven
- Queen
- David Bowie
- Okinawan tofu
- Baked beans
- Eggplant
- Cappuccino
- The wilderness
- Baileys Irish cream

Dislikes
- Air conditioning
- Energy drinks
- Traditional classroom lessons
- Goody-two-shoes people
- Modern art ("bloody pretentious shits, the lot of them")
- Shopping malls and other crowded, commercialised places
- Green Day
- Michael Jackson
- Cars and automobiles in general
- Enclosed spaces

Approved.

He looks like one of my IRL students from last week except much much older (I'm a bit scared at the coincidence)

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:37 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Approved.

He looks like one of my IRL students from last week except much much older (I'm a bit scared at the coincidence)

Oh my ö

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:32 am

Has anyone (amongst the participants right now) actually run an entire RP once as an OP?

Or just participated in ones before?

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:34 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Has anyone (amongst the participants right now) actually run an entire RP once as an OP?

I once ran a horror comedy RP on another site, but it lasted for only two weeks.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:36 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Has anyone (amongst the participants right now) actually run an entire RP once as an OP?

I once ran a couple of school rps and a few wars/diplomatic stuff. Ages ago though.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse