NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:47 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I probably just did something inexplicably horrible and vile that will cause me to become more hated than Satan himself by saying I see myself as a Tea Party Republican.

The Tea Party Republicans are the neoliberal (sometimes socially liberal) free marketers, right?

Only if their son is gay.

Also, I'm pretty sure that people right of centre are in majority here. And even then people left of center are all libs, except for me the true leftist.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:47 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I probably just did something inexplicably horrible and vile that will cause me to become more hated than Satan himself by saying I see myself as a Tea Party Republican.

The Tea Party Republicans are the neoliberal (sometimes socially liberal) free marketers, right?

Tea Party is just conservative straight up. Sometimes with a bit of a libertarian streak but pretty consistently socially conservative. But yeah, very free market+anti tax/anti debt
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:47 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a socially liberal tea party member.

Alozia wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Majority Whip Rosa

OMG THATS WHO I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT!

I absolutely love B99.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Alozia wrote:

Also, I'm pretty sure that people right of centre are in majority here. And even then people left of center are all libs, except for me the true leftist.

Seems like generally not quite rockefeller lean but fiscal con, social center lib vibe

Which probably not coincidentally ended up being the big thing in the house

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Sarah Palin pre-tea party was a lot cooler.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Reed is too environmentally friendly

Gun control could work too, but I would need to be far better versed on the topic irl so Rhodes doesn’t collapse into flames.

Or universal healthcare could work, but I feel a lot of candidates will be doing that or a public option.

Gun control is Jared's thing

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Mike Gravel has reached the 65k unique donor mark to be on the July debates.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Puertollano wrote:Mike Gravel has reached the 65k unique donor mark to be on the July debates.

Bullock still has the tiebreaker and Steyer might pass him up too, he needs dropouts

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Alozia wrote:

Once I return to Taylor, I'll show you what leftist looks like.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Mike Gravel has reached the 65k unique donor mark to be on the July debates.

Bullock still has the tiebreaker and Steyer might pass him up too, he needs dropouts

Or if he gets 1% in two more polls.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:55 pm

What's a "WHIP"?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:55 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:What's a "WHIP"?

A long angry string

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:55 pm

We need more Posadist representation in the House.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:56 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:What's a "WHIP"?

Basically a bill that would legalise flogging.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:56 pm

The whole qualifications benchmark are rigged against candidates who pollsters won't even include.

For example, Hickenlooper only has 17k unique donors, but has no trouble in qualifying for the debates because he is in every poll.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Ooh

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Puertollano wrote:The whole qualifications benchmark are rigged against candidates who pollsters won't even include.

For example, Hickenlooper only has 17k unique donors, but has no trouble in qualifying for the debates because he is in every poll.

Just limit the debates to the top 4.

Beyond them no one is running for real anyway.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Big yikes.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Ooh
Alozia wrote:Big yikes.

What stupid thing did I do now?
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:00 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Ooh
Alozia wrote:Big yikes.

What stupid thing did I do now?

Nothing real bad. WHIP+SNIP were basically going tough on crime to the extreme on rapists specifically. Spicy was super hard on rape w/policy

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:What stupid thing did I do now?

Nothing real bad. WHIP+SNIP were basically going tough on crime to the extreme on rapists specifically. Spicy was super hard on rape w/policy

Yeah, I have twelve week abortion so I think we're fine on that front.

What are PRISM and MASKS?
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Alozia wrote:
Puertollano wrote:The whole qualifications benchmark are rigged against candidates who pollsters won't even include.

Just limit the debates to the top 4.

Williamson+Yang+de Blasio+Swalwell

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:02 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

Yeah, I have twelve week abortion so I think we're fine on that front.

What are PRISM and MASKS?

I feel pretty confident that those haven't been laid out in Congress yet, might be remembering wrong. But they're both from her

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Tea Partiers are a separate group from neolibs.

They are socially conservative types, that are often not aligned to business and financial interests.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Alozia wrote:Just limit the debates to the top 4.

Williamson+Yang+de Blasio+Swalwell

Swalwell is gone already
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse