NATION

PASSWORD

Should the Führer bunker in Berlin be opened?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bonenburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 09, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bonenburg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Duhon wrote:Salt that particular earth. The last thing Germany needs is a shrine to the human shitstain that is fucking sHitler.

Hitler actually did what he what he promised unlike modern politicians.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:30 pm

Bonenburg wrote:
Duhon wrote:Salt that particular earth. The last thing Germany needs is a shrine to the human shitstain that is fucking sHitler.

Oh joy, a Hitler apologist. :roll:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Bonenburg
Spokesperson

Postby Bonenburg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:33 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Bonenburg wrote:Hitler actually did what he what he promised unlike modern politicians.

Oh joy, a Hitler apologist. :roll:

Well he should have killed the muslims instead of the jews.

Ruffletrump
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffletrump » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Bonenburg wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Oh joy, a Hitler apologist. :roll:

That's quite an interesting viewpoint to have.... :unsure:
Proud Southern Patriot
Anthem of the Confederate States of America:
https://youtu.be/ZdMLb3eiWWg
IC Year: 2019
Official IC Name: Confederate States of America

Lanorth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lanorth » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Bonenburg wrote:

What the absolute fuck?
i give up with this signature smh

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Bonenburg wrote:

Still bad either way. You're still a Hitler apologist. You can't change being a Nazi by saying "oh he should've killed [INSERT RACIAL GROUP HERE]" like how you can't change being a Stalinist apologizer by saying "oh Stalin shouldn't have killed all of the jewish doctors, he should've killed [INSERT LITERALLY ANY GROUP HERE]"
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Tristainland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tristainland » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:41 pm

If it is restored and turned into a museum, it will just become a memorial/shrine for neo-Nazis.

Le Slavador
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Le Slavador » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Bonenburg wrote:

It still makes him despicable.
I wanna be an ersatz republic (IC). I'm a male man who likes spontaneity (OOC). Can you guess the flag model? (IC).
This is a joke nation (OOC). Issues answered randomly (IC).

Bonenburg
Spokesperson

Postby Bonenburg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:
Bonenburg wrote:Well he should have killed the muslims instead of the jews.

Still bad either way. You're still a Hitler apologist. You can't change being a Nazi by saying "oh he should've killed [INSERT RACIAL GROUP HERE]" like how you can't change being a Stalinist apologizer by saying "oh Stalin shouldn't have killed all of the jewish doctors, he should've killed [INSERT LITERALLY ANY GROUP HERE]"

I am not a nazi. I just made a comment on how Hitler did the things he promised. I don't support the bombing of Rotterdam or the dumb mistake of invading Russia in winter.
I think Islam should be wiped out from europe in any way, i would prefer them to leave europe unless they adapt to european values.

Tristainland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tristainland » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Bonenburg wrote:

He promised victory and certainly didn't deliver on that ;)

Ruffletrump
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffletrump » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Bonenburg wrote:

So the fact that he carried out his plans to slaughter millions, if not tens of millions of people somehow overrides all of the evil that such a deed entails?(that's without even mentioning the 12 plus years of oppression, innumerable war crimes, plunging the world into war, etc)
Proud Southern Patriot

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Tristainland wrote:If it is restored and turned into a museum, it will just become a memorial/shrine for neo-Nazis.

That's why they should turn it into an aquarium or nightclub like what has been done with other nazi architecture, if there was anything to even open that is.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Bonenburg
Spokesperson

Postby Bonenburg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:47 pm

Tristainland wrote:If it is restored and turned into a museum, it will just become a memorial/shrine for neo-Nazis.

That is if it could get restored.

Alien Overlord
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alien Overlord » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Bonenburg wrote:

Walkerfort wrote:so...

Banning cars will lead to a clusterfuck of mininations everywhere and attempting to mash two Eras together miserably and 1984 style dictatorships

butterfly effect when give a butterfly cocaine

Ayissor wrote:
Alien Overlord wrote:You mean the proles living in tribes right? The ones who were also brainwashed 1984 style?

Yup, who else? Workers? Ha, as if we need them in our anarcho-primitivist-orwellian utopia dystopia federation.

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Bonenburg wrote:
Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:Still bad either way. You're still a Hitler apologist. You can't change being a Nazi by saying "oh he should've killed [INSERT RACIAL GROUP HERE]" like how you can't change being a Stalinist apologizer by saying "oh Stalin shouldn't have killed all of the jewish doctors, he should've killed [INSERT LITERALLY ANY GROUP HERE]"

I am not a nazi. I just made a comment on how Hitler did the things he promised. I don't support the bombing of Rotterdam or the dumb mistake of invading Russia in winter.
I think Islam should be wiped out from europe in any way, i would prefer them to leave europe unless they adapt to european values.

Hitler didn't invade Russia in winter, he invaded in June

Anyway, that doesn't change the fact that you're against a religion just because it exists. That's like me saying "hey, you know how there's [religious group that isn't Christian] existing in the United States? why don't we just exterminate every single one of them" it's completely illogical
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Bonenburg
Spokesperson

Postby Bonenburg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Ruffletrump wrote:
Bonenburg wrote:Hitler actually did what he what he promised unlike modern politicians.

So the fact that he carried out his plans to slaughter millions, if not tens of millions of people somehow overrides all of the evil that such a deed entails?(that's without even mentioning the 12 plus years of oppression, innumerable war crimes, plunging the world into war, etc)

No i should have clarified my statement better,

Ruffletrump
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffletrump » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Bonenburg wrote:
Ruffletrump wrote:

No i should have clarified my statement better,

It still doesn't change the fact that you said it. That's without even mentioning how some of your other comments in this thread can be read.
Proud Southern Patriot

Peatiktist
Attaché

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Peatiktist » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Making the Fuhrer bunker a museum might be nice.

But considering modern Germany is hellbent on removing all traces of the Nazi era from existance, they're more likely to demolish it.
Last edited by Peatiktist on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation semi-reflects my political views, but not completely.
Also, before anyone assumes, my leader is in no way based off of myself.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Peatiktist wrote:Making the Fuhrer bunker a museum might be nice.

But considering modern Germany is hellbent on removing all traces of the Nazi era from existance, they're more likely to demolish it.

It's pretty understandable why. Usually tho like I mentioned earlier they are converted into something else that isnt a meuseum.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:14 pm

Profiting off Nazi tourism feels wrong in a way that you really shouldn't have to think about.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 pm

A moldy bunker that reeks of low quality cigarettes and dead nazis whilst being claustrophobic af? Leave it.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

BlazingAngel
Envoy

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby BlazingAngel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:33 pm

I doubt that is should be used as a museum. Someone mentioned here that they'll have to restore it to the 1940s setting and my intake is that it'll cause issues among the visitors regarding of size and crowd control.

Do you realized how cramped it is inside the bunker? Like holy shit it's cramped (according to historical documents). You'll need to stock up on butters just to get around.
Certified Firefighter. Took an EMT class and failed the written test twice. This was (probably) caused after killing too many dummies with an AED. Now a slave to Amazon as a warehouse worker

Rub some aloe vera on your neck and perform chest compressions on yourself for about 30 times per minutes. Then wrap the fuck out of your right arm with a saran wrap. Lastly, rub your nipples for shock management. Paramedics approved

DON'T SLEEP NEAR THE FIRELINES
Never lose your hose unattended when conducting clean-up. You'll never get it back
When a tree fall in the forest, does it make a sound? Of course it has, after being brutally sawed in half by chainsaws

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Think of the possibilities you could put a Hitler Dummy in there and I could pay like 5000 dollars to shoot the Hitler dummy. Maybe say something cool in Russian. Russian speakers can you give me some cool one liners for shooting Hitler.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Greed and Death wrote:Think of the possibilities you could put a Hitler Dummy in there and I could pay like 5000 dollars to shoot the Hitler dummy. Maybe say something cool in Russian. Russian speakers can you give me some cool one liners for shooting Hitler.

If they turned it into some sort of theme attraction that was basically Wolfenstein IRL I would fully support this.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:42 pm

BlazingAngel wrote:Do you realized how cramped it is inside the bunker? Like holy shit it's cramped (according to historical documents). You'll need to stock up on butters just to get around.

Judging by the sheer number of times that the site has been disturbed and various parts of it destroyed over the years, it is highly unlikely that enough of it actually survives to make it into a visitor attraction anyway.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General