NATION

PASSWORD

In My Honest Opinion - Anonymous Confessions and Opinions

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:44 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Anonymous confessionals are only fun if there’s some level of drama or intrigue involved. If everyone just circlejerks positive shoutouts, which they won’t, there’s nothing of too much interest to stick around for.

IMHO (see what I did there) The whole anonymous confessions page just reminds of High School, when shit like YikYak as well as “anonymous” HS Twitter accounts was popping off. Pro-Tip: Those did not end up wholesome, and most of the fun it did bring was at the expense of others.

I keep forgetting I'm older than you until you say things like this.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Oriax
Civilian

Founded: Jul 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oriax » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Having fun from the drama caused at the expense someone else sounds like no fun at all.

Hassa San
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hassa San » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Chava Cal wrote:IMHO, this anonymous puppet epidemic has gotten out of control. We're already seen something similar happen almost half a year ago so all you're doing is beating a dead horse.

Hmm? I didn't know that the horse was dead. On the contrary, it's very much alive. ;)

Perhaps I should make an anonymous confession.
Last edited by Hassa San on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Chava Cal wrote:IMHO, this anonymous puppet epidemic has gotten out of control. We're already seen something similar happen almost half a year ago so all you're doing is beating a dead horse.

How the hell does a guy pretending to be a long-dead group compare to something that could actually be meaningful. And no, this isn't an anonymous puppet. Read the thread.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Ghost of Anonymous Gameplay Puppets
Civilian

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghost of Anonymous Gameplay Puppets » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:25 am

Hassa San wrote:

Hmm? I didn't know that the horse was dead. On the contrary, it's very much alive. ;)

Perhaps I should make an anonymous confession.
Anonymous confessions by anonymous puppets bear considerable weight. After all how could we know the truth...*ghost flutters away*
The sky is falling!

IT IS THE MAXOTOPIAN AGENDA!

This puppet is owned by...New Rogernomics

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:49 am

This thread is an example of why GP can't have nice things.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Chava Cal
Lobbyist

Founded: May 06, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Chava Cal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:And no, this isn't an anonymous puppet. Read the thread.

The timestamps between their post and my post, as well as the positions of said posts, indicate otherwise. Read them.

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:How the hell does a guy pretending to be a long-dead group compare to something that could actually be meaningful.

Because cynicism sees holes in the bucket that holds water.
The below statement is true
This is an anonymous puppet
The above statement is false

Joe Hildebrand wrote: "The right made Donald Trump president but the left will keep him there."

IMHO
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby IMHO » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:20 pm

Eumaeus
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Eumaeus » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:40 pm

I lost the mother#$@&ing game. D:<

I liked this and am looking forward to finding out what else the GP community has to get off their chests.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Oriax wrote:Having fun from the drama caused at the expense someone else sounds like no fun at all.

sounds like gameplay to me
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Witchcraft and Sorcery
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Witchcraft and Sorcery » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Anonymous confessionals are only fun if there’s some level of drama or intrigue involved. If everyone just circlejerks positive shoutouts, which they won’t, there’s nothing of too much interest to stick around for.

IMHO (see what I did there) The whole anonymous confessions page just reminds of High School, when shit like YikYak as well as “anonymous” HS Twitter accounts was popping off. Pro-Tip: Those did not end up wholesome, and most of the fun it did bring was at the expense of others.

I absolutely second this. This is not a healthy thing for any community, especially one that thrives on drama as much as NSGP does. My uni's "Confessions" page devolved into gossip and toxicity within a couple of months my freshman year. YikYak and stuff in high school went the same way. There's also the question of the politics of whoever controls this account and whether they'll keep certain answers truly anonymous. I've never been a fan of these things.

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice. Commended by SC #429.
Represented in the WA by the mysterious hooded figures lurking in the dog park, speaking through voice changers.

[8:17 PM] Dakota: You're a lame moralist
[8:17 PM] Dakota: But it's okay because the rest of your personality makes up for it

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:44 pm

First edition looks good.

Foreign Policy Idealists
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Foreign Policy Idealists » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 am

Oneself inquires as to why anyone would submit compromising confessions to a probable intelligence operation when one can create an anonymous puppet themselves, the real identity of which some realize but dismiss offhand and others fail to realize despite frankly comical levels of sloppiness?

Obvious facetiousness aside, I think this an idea either entertaining or dangerous, depending on how it plays out; presently, of course, it seems benign, though I’ve enough pessimism to portend graduating vicissitudes in this service’s use, albeit not vicissitudes preventable by Morover’s due diligence, should Morover have the will, the good intentions, and a properly-distinguishing temperament.

Frattastan IV
Envoy

Founded: Sep 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frattastan IV » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:07 am

Foreign Policy Idealists wrote:Oneself inquires as to why anyone would submit compromising confessions to a probable intelligence operation when one can create an anonymous puppet themselves, the real identity of which some realize but dismiss offhand and others fail to realize despite frankly comical levels of sloppiness?

Obvious facetiousness aside, I think this an idea either entertaining or dangerous, depending on how it plays out; presently, of course, it seems benign, though I’ve enough pessimism to portend graduating vicissitudes in this service’s use, albeit not vicissitudes preventable by Morover’s due diligence, should Morover have the will, the good intentions, and a properly-distinguishing temperament.

Is this how you imagine educated people speak?
Rejected Realms Army, High Commander

Draganisia wrote:Also it seems the next war could be NPO fighting directly against Pacifica.

Latin Islands
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Latin Islands » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:25 am

Witchcraft and Sorcery wrote:

I absolutely second this. This is not a healthy thing for any community, especially one that thrives on drama as much as NSGP does. My uni's "Confessions" page devolved into gossip and toxicity within a couple of months my freshman year. YikYak and stuff in high school went the same way. There's also the question of the politics of whoever controls this account and whether they'll keep certain answers truly anonymous. I've never been a fan of these things.

In my experience confessionals failed because some of the students insisted on knowing who the poster might be. But yeah, looking back, this doesn't seem to be a helpful thing in the long run...
IC:
The Federation of Latin Islands
"D'un océan à l'autre"
A parliamentary democracy in The West Pacific.
OOC:
Have you experienced something so nostalgic that it hurts?
Likes animated series. Dislikes overgeneralizations.

Foreign Policy Idealists
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Foreign Policy Idealists » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:58 am

Frattastan IV wrote:
Foreign Policy Idealists wrote:Oneself inquires as to why anyone would submit compromising confessions to a probable intelligence operation when one can create an anonymous puppet themselves, the real identity of which some realize but dismiss offhand and others fail to realize despite frankly comical levels of sloppiness?

The manner in which I have authored my prose on this account, though I confess it is most sesquipedalian and grandiloquent, is not so much a consequence of any sort of insecurities regarding my verbal ability as it is a consequence of a desire to separate the identity with which I am publicly identified from this account, with which I allow myself to utter more incendiary comments; that is to say, my prose here is not so much my prose elsewhere, and it is intentionally so.

Regardless, my prose, and the origins thereof, is not at all the topic of this thread, so the entirety of this discussion is very much a digression.
Last edited by Foreign Policy Idealists on Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

IMHO
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby IMHO » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:48 am

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:53 am

Booo people who didn't submit things.

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:56 am

Lord Dominator wrote:Booo people who didn't submit things.

Aren’t you technically among those? :p
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:14 am

Armaros wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Booo people who didn't submit things.

Aren’t you technically among those? :p

I reserve the right to be a hypocrite

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:16 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Armaros wrote:Aren’t you technically among those? :p

I reserve the right to be a hypocrite

It's a non-exclusive right, just to be sure :p
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 am

Clearly not, or Gameplay would be more dead and Cormac wouldn't be Cormac :p

IMHO
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby IMHO » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:38 am

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:22 am

Foreign Policy Idealists wrote:
Frattastan IV wrote:

The manner in which I have authored my prose on this account, though I confess it is most sesquipedalian and grandiloquent, is not so much a consequence of any sort of insecurities regarding my verbal ability as it is a consequence of a desire to separate the identity with which I am publicly identified from this account, with which I allow myself to utter more incendiary comments; that is to say, my prose here is not so much my prose elsewhere, and it is intentionally so.

Regardless, my prose, and the origins thereof, is not at all the topic of this thread, so the entirety of this discussion is very much a digression.

Dear god, this is pretentious.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:53 am

"Pretentious" would be the utmost and insufferably rebarbative understatement of the contemporary aeon. No mortal soul of magnanimous inclination would subject a fellow and unoffending H. sapiens to such wholly unfathomable prattle. Such a perverse act would constitute a profanation beyond any to have ever graced the international order. Therefore, IMHO, we must coup Balder.
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay