NATION

PASSWORD

The all-purpose NBA thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:30 am

Ameriganastan wrote:The wait is over. Kawhi is coming to the Clippers and bringing Paul George with him.

Why would anyone want to play for the clippers. is Silver pulling a Stern but from behind the scenes?????
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:39 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:The wait is over. Kawhi is coming to the Clippers and bringing Paul George with him.

Why would anyone want to play for the clippers. is Silver pulling a Stern but from behind the scenes?????

Cause going to the Lakers would him an automatic second fiddle to Lebron. Also, he wanted a long term deal and the Lakers couldn't give him one and have Davis.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Cousins and his bum lower half join the Lakers
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:47 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Cousins and his bum lower half join the Lakers

Are they not running out of salary cap room yet?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:58 am

Now that LeBron has again proven he can't win by himself, he's assembling a new All-Star team just like he did in Miami and in his second stint in Cleveland.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:39 am

Out of Gerald, Draymond and Danny, who is more green?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:12 pm

Idzequitch wrote:

Now that LeBron has again proven he can't win by himself, he's assembling a new All-Star team just like he did in Miami and in his second stint in Cleveland.

Except Cousins will pull a Love and ruin his career in one season.
Anarchist

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:35 pm

The Bucks are signing Giannis’ older brother to a two-year contract. We’re out here doing whatever it takes to keep this man in Milwaukee next offseason.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:39 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:The Bucks are signing Giannis’ older brother to a two-year contract. We’re out here doing whatever it takes to keep this man in Milwaukee next offseason.

Is he any good?

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:The Bucks are signing Giannis’ older brother to a two-year contract. We’re out here doing whatever it takes to keep this man in Milwaukee next offseason.

Is he any good?

Thanasis? I mean he shows potential but we have no solid data on him. Only 2 games as a pro with the team that shall not be named. 26 years old at 6'7 215lbs. His younger brother Kostas who plays for the mavs however shows big potential at 21 6'10 200 but only 2 games as a pro as well.
Anarchist

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:12 pm

With Kawhi bailing on the NBA World Champions who offered the world for him to stay (and more money than anyone else), and with Paul George demanding a trade from OKC only 1 year into a 4 year contract just so he can go play with KL, don't expect loyalty (hardly) from anyone in this league anymore - it's all about what the players want, eff the team and the fans. Don't hold your breath.
Last edited by Lancaster of Wessex on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:

With Kawhi bailing on the NBA World Champions who offered the world for him to stay (and more money than anyone else), and with Paul George demanding a trade from OKC only 1 year into a 4 year contract just so he can go play with KL, don't expect loyalty (hardly) from anyone in this league anymore - it's all about what the players want, eff the team and the fans. Don't hold your breath.

To be fair, we can offer Giannis more money than the Raptors could offer Kawhi via the supermax. Comparing Giannis to homegrown, entitled American players is a tough sell too. He’s a different breed than players like Lebron, Kawhi, PG13, KD, Kyrie, etc. because he’s come from a different place than all of them. He doesn’t hold highly romanticized visions of the Lakers or some New York team in his head. He isn’t friends with other players around the league, and he doesn’t want to be friends with them. He wants a championship, which he could have in Milwaukee, but he has a life and family here too, the only place he’s ever had those things in America.

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:To be fair, we can offer Giannis more money than the Raptors could offer Kawhi via the supermax. Comparing Giannis to homegrown, entitled American players is a tough sell too. He’s a different breed than players like Lebron, Kawhi, PG13, KD, Kyrie, etc. because he’s come from a different place than all of them. He doesn’t hold highly romanticized visions of the Lakers or some New York team in his head. He isn’t friends with other players around the league, and he doesn’t want to be friends with them. He wants a championship, which he could have in Milwaukee, but he has a life and family here too, the only place he’s ever had those things in America.

Sure, but my point was, the Raps were able to offer more money for a long term deal than any team at this (that) moment, more than either LA team for Kawhi. But, he still bailed because he wanted to go home, which to me is absurd, since, ya know, you're busy playing basketball for most of the year, and are on the road a lot of the time too, so what the hell difference does it make.

Giannis is different that way vs American grown players, absolutely, but it wouldn't take a lot still I wager to dangle a carrot to get him away. Let's face it. Major stars don't want to play forever in a Milwaukee, or a New Orleans, or a Salt Lake City...this league isn't made to favour small markets. We couldn't keep Kawhi despite being the Champions and 4th largest city in North America, yet NBA'ers think we're like Siberia, some remote, odd place, which is nonsense.

And just for fun, rumour is Masai will try to fish for Giannis to play in Toronto, since we have a large Greek community (well, large-ish) and we're very multicultural, and Masai and him are friendly...so...wait n see...
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:31 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:It's reunion time. Harden and Westbrook are teammates again.

2 STAT PADDERS WHO CAN'T PERFORM COME JUNE!

I'm gonna say it but Chris Paul does not deserve the hall of fame. Someone who disappoints that hard has no business being there.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Chris Paul is a 9-time all star. I think he probably deserves it, tbh.

Rockets are fucked for the future, they might win a championship next year or the one after but I worry later down the line.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Chris Paul is a 9-time all star. I think he probably deserves it, tbh.

Rockets are fucked for the future, they might win a championship next year or the one after but I worry later down the line.

I'm also going to say this. Paul was the only point guard for much of the past decade and a half. All the other good point guards were from the the previous era or scoring guards.
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:It's reunion time. Harden and Westbrook are teammates again.

So long Russ. I'm not torn up about this whatsoever.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Last edited by Ameriganastan on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Raptors shouldn't have won. I don't like Canadian teams winning.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Imagine wanting out that badly and being stuck with the team anyway.
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:24 am

Gim wrote:Raptors shouldn't have won. I don't like Canadian teams winning.

Well, frankly they earned that win and deserved the title, regardless of what anyone wants or likes.

I'm just glad the Dubs got smashed. That's all I really care about.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

North Couver
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby North Couver » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 pm

Idzequitch wrote:

The LeBron criticism is getting out of hand at this point. NO player can win by themselves, and in the entire history of the modern NBA, not one player has done it without all-stars/exceptional players by their side. I don't see why he wouldn't want other All-Stars to help him, especially as he is aging?

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:49 am

North Couver wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Now that LeBron has again proven he can't win by himself, he's assembling a new All-Star team just like he did in Miami and in his second stint in Cleveland.

The LeBron criticism is getting out of hand at this point. NO player can win by themselves, and in the entire history of the modern NBA, not one player has done it without all-stars/exceptional players by their side. I don't see why he wouldn't want other All-Stars to help him, especially as he is aging?

Agreed. The second best player of all time doesn't deserve the shit he gets.
Anarchist

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:24 am

North Couver wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Now that LeBron has again proven he can't win by himself, he's assembling a new All-Star team just like he did in Miami and in his second stint in Cleveland.

Ledouche deserves every bit of criticism he gets. He's an attention seeking, ring chasing, disingenuous tool.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General