NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Today

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:22 pm

Another good read from my favourite NS newspaper. I found the Lazarus part interesting.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

NationStates Today
Attaché

Founded: Dec 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

New stuff!

Postby NationStates Today » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:37 am

The latest edition is available now! (for April 21st). Featuring an update on the Factional Gameplay Proposal, an exclusive piece of investigative journalism on the New Western Atlantic and elections amidst Constitutional Convention chaos in The Communist Bloc!

And, don't forget the edition from last week! Featuring other juicy NS News, also available now!

Last, but not least, Episodes 2, 3, and 4 have been released for the Podcast. Featuring guests such as Altino, Josh, Dali, and more! Listen to them now!
The podcast this week will be on Sunday featuring the author of the Factional Gameplay Proposal himself Reventus Koth. We stream all our podcasts live on our twitch page
Podcast number 5 will be out on sound cloud once Lewis is back from his LoA (assuming he hasn't lost the file :unsure:)
Last edited by NationStates Today on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSTODAY
NationStates Today is the most reliable source for unbiased, thoughtful coverage of everything from gameplay to roleplay across NationStates.

This account represents the official opinion of the Executive Board of NationStates Today. It is managed by the members of the Board, namely Chief Executive Officer (@Aga#2700), Chief Content Officer AllWildThings (@AllWildThings#9799), and Public Relations Director Quebecshire (@Cubic#1608).
Forum / Website / Discord / Apply to Join

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:27 pm

I'm proud of the fact that my 1st (and most popular) RP nation is a combination of the first 3 overused RP nations 8)
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

NationStates Today
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Article Update!

Postby NationStates Today » Wed May 08, 2019 12:48 pm

Articles Update!
Unfortunately we couldn't get out a weekend edition theese last two weekends due to Exam Season hitting our staff hard (something I'm sure many of you can relate to, good luck!), so we thought we would provide you with a quick update on all the articles published since the last weekend edition so you don't run out of things to read.
New Western Atlantic faces collapse as King abdicates by Llorens
String of Resignations and Vacancies Rock Pacifica by Dawtania
Interview with Salvarity by Vamperiall
Europeian Senate Rejects Ministerial Nominee by Deepest House

And finally, the latest edition of the NationStates Today podcast, The News Room, has been released it can be found here. We stream our podcasts live on our twitch
To see previous episodes of the podcast click here
Please direct any questions to our Board via telegram to this account, or by joining our Discord server (linked below in our signature).
Last edited by NationStates Today on Wed May 08, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NSTODAY
NationStates Today is the most reliable source for unbiased, thoughtful coverage of everything from gameplay to roleplay across NationStates.

This account represents the official opinion of the Executive Board of NationStates Today. It is managed by the members of the Board, namely Chief Executive Officer (@Aga#2700), Chief Content Officer AllWildThings (@AllWildThings#9799), and Public Relations Director Quebecshire (@Cubic#1608).

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Thu May 09, 2019 11:20 pm

I actually love this newspaper
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

NationStates Today
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Weekend Edition 12/5/19

Postby NationStates Today » Sun May 12, 2019 8:33 am

The latest edition is available now! Featuring a piece on the collapse of the New Western Atlantic, Europeia Senate Confirmations, Pacfica and an Interview with Salvarity!

And, don't forget the edition from last week! Featuring what was the latest NS News

Last, but not least, Episode 5 of the Podcast has been released. Featuring Koth Listen to it now!
Also remember to check out previous episodes here
Podcast number 6 will be out later this week, featuring Xoriet and Josh!

We stream all our podcasts live, usually on Sundays at 7PM UTC on our twitch
Please direct any questions to our Board via telegram to this account, or by joining our Discord server (linked below in our signature).
P.S the podcast will be on hiatus due to Wymondham's exams until the 26th of may.
Last edited by NationStates Today on Mon May 13, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSTODAY

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Tue May 21, 2019 6:17 am

OOC: So, someone said something about me havin' a rant of international proportions? ;)

Regardless of the fact that I was kicked off its Discord unjustly, I still stand by the fact that NationStates Today is a truly great initiative with a dedicated and enthusiastic team. I hope the board will reconsider its action and allow me to return at some point in the future :lol:
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

NationStates Today
Attaché

Ex-Nation

NSToday Weekend Edition 26th May

Postby NationStates Today » Sun May 26, 2019 10:14 am

The latest edition is available now! Featuring: A new delegate in TRR an exclusive on The Wolf Clan, we get up Close and Personal with Tubbius amd a piece from Anabelle of the Osiris oracle on governmental changes!

And, don't forget the edition from last week! Featuring what was the latest NS News
Governor Elections are open, with 1 seat being open to any NSToday reader, contact any of the board members in our signature via discord or send us a telegram if you are interested!

Last, but not least, Episode 7 of the Podcast will be live tommorrow at 8.30 PM UTC with Manson and Benjabobaria. On our Twtich
Also remember to check out previous episodes here
Podcast number 6 will be out later this week, featuring Xoriet and Josh![/size]
Click the spoiler to see a teaser of a feature that will be revealed tomorrow on the podcast!
Last edited by NationStates Today on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
NSTODAY

NationStates Today
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Power 15 Announcement

Postby NationStates Today » Mon May 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Nationstates Today is delighted to announce the upcoming release of our newest feature, Power 20!

Power 15 will be a quaterly or bi-annual feature(depending on Gameplay activity levels) where a pannel of influential Gameplayers will assemble a list of the 20 most influential Gameplayers right now. The panel for the first list is as follows:
Cormactopia Prime
Ghostfox
Glen-Rhodes
King HEM
Malphe
Reventus Koth
Roavin
Tim Stark
The Holy Principality of Saint Mark
Xoriet
If you have any inquiries regarding Power 15, please contact one of the board members in our signature
Last edited by NationStates Today on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSTODAY

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Mon May 27, 2019 2:44 pm

Sounds interesting.

There appears to be five vacancies though, unless your doing a Power 10.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Vetelo
Envoy

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetelo » Mon May 27, 2019 3:04 pm

I'll fill one of those vacancies 8)
Last edited by Vetelo on Mon May 27, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USSD Founder
USSF Fleet Admiral
Coalition of Sovereign Nations Citizen
Travelling Region Member
Former Positions

Attero of Vetelo

The joy, let me burn,
in the kingdom of flesh!

Hello, I'm Attero! That's my preferred name.

AKA Atte, Atty, Pracinha, Mjolltrux, Tombouctu, Vetelo, or just Vet.

Supreme Commissar, Governor, and Fleet Admiral of USSD, General Secretary of LSU,

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon May 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:Sounds interesting.

There appears to be five vacancies though, unless your doing a Power 10.

The panelists are the people who decide who the Power 15 will be, not the Power 15 -- though there may be overlap, if the panel agrees.

NationStates Today
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Podcast May 31

Postby NationStates Today » Fri May 31, 2019 8:28 am

The seventh episode of the NSToday Podcast is now live!
Summary: Benja (Osiris) and Manson (TRR) join us this week on the show, talking about their time in NationStates, issues with R/D, and their thoughts on the World Assembly.

Listen now! (we've got a new player, and now have podcast app support!)

Subscribe to the podcast with your favourite podcast app by clicking here!

We have also applied to have the podcast be added to both Spotify and Apple Podcasts, and we will announce when/if they are approved at review!
NSTODAY

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:03 am

NationStates Today wrote:
Nationstates Today is delighted to announce the upcoming release of our newest feature, Power 15!

Power 15 will be a quaterly or bi-annual feature(depending on Gameplay activity levels) where a pannel of influential Gameplayers will assemble a list of the 15 most influential Gameplayers right now. The panel for the first list is as follows:
Cormactopia Prime
Ghostfox
Glen-Rhodes
King HEM
Malphe
Reventus Koth
Roavin
Tim Stark
Xoriet
If you have any inquiries regarding Power 15, please contact one of the board members in our signature

Excellent, our one-stop shop to find our biggest critics!
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Pharoahs Haven
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pharoahs Haven » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:15 pm

Jocospor wrote:
NationStates Today wrote:
Nationstates Today is delighted to announce the upcoming release of our newest feature, Power 15!

Power 15 will be a quaterly or bi-annual feature(depending on Gameplay activity levels) where a pannel of influential Gameplayers will assemble a list of the 15 most influential Gameplayers right now. The panel for the first list is as follows:
Cormactopia Prime
Ghostfox
Glen-Rhodes
King HEM
Malphe
Reventus Koth
Roavin
Tim Stark
Xoriet

Excellent, our one-stop shop to find our biggest critics!

I mean... you probably weren’t on their mind till you posted.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Pharoahs Haven wrote:
Jocospor wrote:Excellent, our one-stop shop to find our biggest critics!

I mean... you probably weren’t on their mind till you posted.

OOC: Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. I might not be on, but I'm certainly in!
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

NationStates Today
Attaché

Ex-Nation

The Newsroom Podcast now on Spotify and Apple

Postby NationStates Today » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:05 am

The Newsroom Podcast is now on Spotify and Apple Podcasts!
NSTODAY

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:59 am

Vetelo wrote:I'll fill one of those vacancies 8)

Yeah, uh, no, if we had a vacancy we would NOT select you to choose it.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Punk Daddy
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Daddy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:54 am

Wish this paper had been around back in my active days. Great job with this!

Also recognize some names on the people who will name the Power 15. Nice job old fogies! ;)
The man, the myth, the legend.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:13 pm

NationStates Today wrote:The Newsroom Podcast is now on Spotify and Apple Podcasts!

Who wrote the theme music to Episode 7?
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Pharoahs Haven wrote:I mean... you probably weren’t on their mind till you posted.

OOC: Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. I might not be on, but I'm certainly in!

Yeah, you're in our mind as a fascist nation who only joined our server to spread their propaganda for their region :p
We hope you don't do the same with our NSGP thread.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

NationStates Today
Attaché

Ex-Nation

NSToday Weekend Edition 30th June

Postby NationStates Today » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:43 am

The latest edition is available now! Featuring: The Treaty of Fuhuo Between TWP and Lazarus, TCB's Constiutional Convention and an article from our friends in the Osiris Oracle

And, don't forget the last edition Featuring what was the latest NS News
Apologies for the lack of a weekend edition recently, the writing staff has been hit hard by exam season, illness and injury. However we hope to return to the normal publication schedule in the near future.
Congratulations to Somyrion for winning the External Govenor Election and to Llorens, Wymondham, Trabadia and North Prarie on winning the Internal Governor Elections

Last, but not least,check out all 7 episodes of our podcast here. All episodes are streamed live on our Twtich
We hope to release the Power20 list shortly and thank you all for your patience with regards to it.
Last edited by NationStates Today on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSTODAY

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:12 am

It’s always good to see NSToday release an article. I liked the Fuhuo article especially. :)
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:22 am

Looks to be a bit behind on the whole TEP saga.

NationStates Today
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Power20 June 2019

Postby NationStates Today » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:02 am

Nationstates Today Power20 is out now!

The plaintext version can be viewed below, alternatively click here to see the graphical version designed by our wonderful Graphics and Publishing Team

Cormac:
Cormac in the last year was notable for writing the constitution of the present Lazarene government and region, aiding in the consolidation of Imki’s second coup of Lazarus, publishing the Task Force Lazarus logs in The Miniluv Messenger and thus bringing down the credibility and status of the NPO, serving as Delegate of Pacifica on several occasions, and taking a key role as an organizer of APC.

Altino:
Altino served as Delegate of Osiris when it was revealed that Adytus and his friends had been Feux, AMOM, and Stu and has spearheaded APC efforts against NPO since. She helped organize the highly successful alliance of Pirates of the Nile at N-Day last year. Altino also serves as an NSGP admin.

Xoriet:
Since joining the NPO after her retirement, Xoriet has become the public face of the region and the Order’s first line of defence on the stages of the NSGP Discord and GP forum. Keeping PR in line for a region under fire by the APC is no easy task, and she shouldered that burden mostly alone.

Koth:
Koth’s influence, which is largely in the form of soft power, comes partially from his ownership of the NSGP Discord server, partly from his place as Osiris admin, and because of a leading role in TBH. He also proposed the idea of factions in Technical, and has gathered a great deal of player support.

Roavin:
Roavin has been a controversial force, as under his watch the recalling of prominent TSPers Escade and Tim occurred, he served as a leading figure in defenderdom, contributed to the release of The Red Phone logs that caused some harm to TBH’s reputation, his drive to make TSP defender has garnered much attention, and his role in convincing Imki to overthrow the Khanate led to the creation of the present Lazarus.

Ever-Wandering Souls:
Ever-Wandering Souls has been particularly notable because he serves as a loud and present voice in most issues. He was a vocal figure when TSP banned him for subverting GCRs in opposition of this, ran The Red Phone, a raider command chat, was the motive behind a controversial TEP/TWP blacklisting of TBH, and served as a voice against the NPO leaks and efforts against NPO, formerly serving as a leading organizer of APC.

Fedele:
Fedele rose to prominent attention with the expulsion of Yuno and Drachen - both largely influential members - from TEP last year, and has further risen in the public eye since he began to take TEP in a more authoritarian direction largely unchallenged through the marsupial-purging stance. He is on his third term as TEP Delegate

Glen-Rhodes:
Glen-Rhodes has always been a notable voice, but over the last year he joined Roavin as the perceived enemy of the game when he contributed to the expulsion of Escade and Tim, went head-to-head with Souls on the issue of his ban, and was part of the publishing of The Red Phone logs which effectively ended most of the anti-TSP posting on their end due to the revelations that raiders had planned or executed infiltration and subversion of TSP as claimed by TSP previously

Tim:
Tim’s role in the last year has revolved around certain events: Expulsion from TSP during a heated conflict with other TSPers and a fiery contesting of this, a powerful role in the Fedele administration where he aids in the infamous marsupial purge, and consistently making himself a public figure through denouncing things viewed as irrational and ridiculous.

HEM:
HEM has remained ever-present over the past year, serving as President and Minister of Foreign Affairs in Europeia, the region he founded and one of the most influential and impactful UCRs ever. HEM was at the centre of the reforms Europeia has gone through in the past year, almost single-handedly driving the convention forward when many had given up on it.

NES:
North East Somerset is one of the figureheads of Imperialism and the one whose place operating behind the scenes keeps the Independent/Imperialist sphere operating. He serves as intelligence for several regions and is the King of Balde

Lord Dominator:
Lord Dominator has an authority primarily rooted in his World Assembly involvement. His advice on how to vote in several regions has led to several GCRs swinging their vote one way or another. He is considered a member of the infamous “WA elite” by detractors.

Evil Wolf:
Evil Wolf was the last Delegate of the Khanate of Lazarus, but being couped did not end his time in that region. He continues to serve in a prominent role in the region, and is a strong voice there as well as an influential figure abroad.

Imki:
Imki’s roles were especially prominent last year when she couped Evil Wolf and overthrew the Khanate, served as Delegate as the collective Lazarenes and other interested parties attempted to create a new government, and overthrew that and established her own when that failed. She served as NSGP admin and was an influential player who commanded attention when speaking through her own power.

Onderkelkia:
Onderkelkia is the Imperialist, the public face of the sphere and the primary driver of all rhetoric and arguments originating on all related topics. His influence over that sphere has existed for years. He currently serves as the Crown Prince of Balder.

r3n:
r3n’s roles have been quieter since he retired, but retirement has not lessened his influence. His scripts have kept TNP, Europeia, and several other regions able to recruit and monitor endorsements in the region well. When issues crop up that he takes an interest in, he will appear and issue a strong opinion and the region will take a lead from him. He also spearheads the card WA effort in TNP through farming.

Badger:
Badger serves as an influential figure in certain areas of the GCR sphere, primarily TWP, wields a great deal of soft power from his time as a successful TWP Delegate, is a member of the controversial Rahl family, and holds amiable relations with regions with which he has a strong rapport.

Vincent Drake:
Vincent Drake serves as the First Warden of TGW and an admin in the NSGP server. These roles are both highly public. His status as a leader in the defending world and talent on the field keep him a relevant and important figure.

Davelands:
Davelands served in the past year as Guardian of TWP, advisor to Delegates Minineenee and Halo and as Delegate of TWP. As delegate he organised the blacklisting of The Black Hawks in TWP. After an incident in TWP after which he was removed as Guardian, he moved to TEP and has served in the government and EPSA since. Notable positions there include the MoFA and MoRA seats. He has also helped revitalize activity in TEP’s Magisterium and serves as Provost.

Rachael:
Rachael has most of her influence through socializing and presenting herself as trustworthy. Both have made her a highly respected figure. She served as admin of the Pacifica Discord when it was at its most active and successful, another testament to trustworthiness. Her strength is soft power through the popularity she has gained since joining.

This list was decided upon using the following procedure:
In the first round of voting, each member of the panel ranked their top 15, and points were assigned from 15 through to 1.
In the second round of voting, each member of the panel ranked the 20 with the most points from the first round.
Panellists could not vote for themselves but could leave an empty slot for themselves, in which case their total was multiplied by 1.1 (10/9) to account for their one fewer vote.
Influential was defined as "Someone who impacts how regions or people interact in Gameplay" this was due to the fact that Gameplay is by its nature a game of interactions.
Last but not least, this would not have been possible without our panellists. The panel was composed of carefully selected individuals who we felt held an expert opinion on the intricate behind the scenes machinations that characterise NSGP. The panel for this issue of Power20 consisted of the following individuals:
Cormactopia Prime
Ghostfox
Glen-Rhodes
King HEM
Malphe
Reventus Koth
Roavin
Xoriet
Last edited by NationStates Today on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
NSTODAY

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay