NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Condamnit, Durkadurk!

LULZ! Oh, Durk.
21%
Nice errors, dude!
15%
Hmm, this resolution seems familiar...
15%
DURKADURKADURKADURKADURKA
16%
*snore*
13%
Screw you guys; I'm going home.
19%

Total votes : 143

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

[PASSED] Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II

Postby A mean old man » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Durkadurkiranistan II | Proposed by: Neo Nibu

Description: The Security Council,

INDENTIFYING The Commonwealth of Durkadurkiranistan II as an impeding force on the Democratic Process and a Threat to the stability of The North Pacific

DISGUSTED at Durkadurkiranistan II’s refusal to step down to the elected WA Delegate of The North Pacific

RECOGNIZING The Understated Modesty of Flemingovia as the elected WA Delegate and The Islamofascist Terror State of Blue Wolf II as the elected Vice Delegate of The North Pacific

DENOUCING Durkadurkiranistan II’s use of slanderous lies and propaganda against the elected officials in order to maintain Power

APPALLED at Durkadurkiranistan II’s Project Purge which has ejected over 600 innocent nations from The North Pacific with the promise of many more ejections to follow

DISMAYED at the poor treatment of newly Established Nations of the world

DEEPLY CONCERNED with the negative impact Project Purge has on The North Pacific and the irreversible damage done

HEREBY CONDEMNS The Commonwealth of Durkadurkiranistan II

So, yeah...

Didn't see any "AT VOTE" debate thread for this one, which bothers me. Also noticed it wasn't drafted at all anywhere, which bothers me. Also noticed a load of errors, which bothers me. I also can't help but notice this came from the same place that a resolution we voted down very, very recently did, and that no attempts were made to fix the same sorts of mistakes that appeared in the earlier resolution (even though said mistakes were recognized by the resolution's writers in this forum), which REALLY bothers me.

It's as if this certain people only wants to pass something in the SC because they want attention, and they saw an opportunity in the recent events in TNP and wrote a piece of shit on a subject that many people in the WA would actually be interested in to get their own certain names in the WA's records and in everyone's faces for a little while. Again.

That doesn't sit well with me at all.

Anyway, that's my opinion. And my ridiculous poll. Debate.
Last edited by NERVUN on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Well, if he's gonna be condemned... this is better than most of the others I've seen.

Still, I shall abstain.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Kalibarr wrote:Well, if he's gonna be condemned... this is better than most of the others I've seen.

Still, I shall abstain.

*Shudders*

Jesus Christ, "most of the others" probably would have made me vomit a kidney.

This resolution has okay material in it, but only the type of material that could be pulled from a superficial glance at the situation. If the submitter had drafted it here, it would probably have many and much more useful details in it (such as Durk's betrayal of Unibot, or Durk's history as a repeat offender in this area, or JAL's negative history in other feeders, or any multitude of other, deeper details I can think of off the top of my head).

The spelling/grammar is unforgivable. The myriad errors in that department could have been entirely avoided if the resolution had been drafted here.

*Sigh*

My overall message:
DRAFT YOUR
FUCKING
PROPOSALS
please.

Neo Nibu
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 23, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neo Nibu » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:50 pm

"The spelling/grammar is unforgivable. The myriad errors in that department could have been entirely avoided if the resolution had been drafted here."

Could you be more specific/constructive?

"It's as if this certain people only wants to pass something in the SC because they want attention, and they saw an opportunity in the recent events in TNP and wrote a piece of shit on a subject that many people in the WA would actually be interested in to get their own certain names in the WA's records and in everyone's faces for a little while. Again."

First off I didn't write the last SC resolution.

Second, I don't see why my interest in getting involved WA matters is "because they want attention". You've written resolutions clearly the same can be said of yourself or any number of people. He ejected over 700 nations and more in the past as you know, who better to Condemn? I think your being rather harsh, I've had much more positive responses from a numerous delegates.

And I suppose I could have drafted here, and more could have been added to it, but I don't think it's poorly written by any means. Just because I didn't go through the forum club thingy, or didn't get it approved by one of the "approved" WA writers, maybe add in a co-author or two.

I think it's a good resolution and get's it's point across. And i'm not the only one.
The time has come, to talk of many things, Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, Of cabbages and kings, And why the sea is boiling hot, And whether pigs have wings.

Head of In The Flesh.
Founder of Hippy Haven, Trav Khar, Zombieland, and the Capital Wasteland.
Elder and former Delegate of Hell.

Check out some of my Artwork here

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Neo Nibu wrote:ust because I didn't go through the forum club thingy, or didn't get it approved by one of the "approved" WA writers

Hey, I said it was ok!

I'm for this resolution. Sure, its not perfect, but it does manage to get across the basic arguments about why Durk should be condemned. Yes, there's more reasons why JAL could've been condemned - but if they're not necessary to get this passed, there's no real obligation to include them.

The Travuersan Union
Attaché

Founded: Jun 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Travuersan Union » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:02 pm

DISGUSTED at Durkadurkiranistan II’s refusal to step down to the elected WA Delegate of The North Pacific

You mean the people of The North Pacific kept him in office, and therefore, WANTED HIM IN POWER? And you wanted to remove him?

Also: 2 days, 3 hours ago: Durkadurkiranistan II resigned from the World Assembly.
NERVUN wrote:Just to correct you, there are a number of nations RPing Nazism. We don't ban that. We do ban the swastikas because, again, they do nothing but cause trouble.

Nazism does not cause trouble? A symbol is worse than an ACT?
"It's okay to pretend to kill millions, just don't symbolize it."
"I'll be over here, killing millions, without a symbol. I'm sure that's o.k. for Nation States."

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm voting against. I don't think it really is relevant anymore.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Genesis Era
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Genesis Era » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:08 pm

He's been punished enough. Against.

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:11 pm

lol, Unibot. He was removed from my cabinet when he was found badmouthing the NPPA to members of the resistance. I was warned about him by various respected players but I decided to give him a chance regardless. My bad. :palm:
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:lol, Unibot. He was removed from my cabinet when he was found badmouthing the NPPA to members of the resistance. I was warned about him by various respected players but I decided to give him a chance regardless. My bad. :palm:

Interesting, I was warned about joining forces with you too (from friends who actually care about TNP and me.. something you're not actually capable of). My bad. :palm:

And this "member of the resistance" that I 'badmouthed' to, has a funny way of showing his patriotism to the NPPA. Namely, running around and calling you a moron and 'pretending' to be a high ranking member of the TNP's legitimate administration.

By the way, I only had nice things to say about the NPPA until it was clear you had no intention on pursuing the goals you were preaching to me and had only manipulated me to get a forums made.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Neo Nibu wrote:"The spelling/grammar is unforgivable. The myriad errors in that department could have been entirely avoided if the resolution had been drafted here."

Could you be more specific/constructive?

Any constructive criticism I might have to offer would have been more useful in the drafting stage.

Now that I look at it again, though, I see that capitalization and punctuation errors are actually the outsanding grammatical weaknesses here. Random words or terms like "democratic process," "threat," and "established nations" begin with capital letters, which is completely unnecessary. There is also absolutely no punctuation whatsoever in the text other than the comma after "The World Assembly."

Second, I don't see why my interest in getting involved WA matters is "because they want attention". You've written resolutions clearly the same can be said of yourself or any number of people. He ejected over 700 nations and more in the past as you know, who better to Condemn? I think your being rather harsh, I've had much more positive responses from a numerous delegates.

...because harsh is my nature. Be ready for harsh when you put your work in front of the world. If I'm the one who is going to stand up and be harsh, then so be it.

It's also not simply because you've written this resolution that I wonder if you are seeking something other than simply the condemnation of Durkadurkiranistan II. It's the fact that a commendation of your very own region was just at vote (and failed) and that you vehemently supported said commendation. A similar piece of legislation from such a similar location so shortly after the first failed is a bit more than peculiar.

And I suppose I could have drafted here, and more could have been added to it, but I don't think it's poorly written by any means. Just because I didn't go through the forum club thingy, or didn't get it approved by one of the "approved" WA writers, maybe add in a co-author or two.

Now that's an interesting attitude. Yeah, so you're miffed about the commendation of your own region not being passed because it wasn't up to the standards of what the WA usually passes in the SC. But then, instead of going through the conventional and acceptable methods of creating a WA proposal (the existence of which you were very well aware of after the last debate) and drafting it in the forums (which have been created by the administration of the game and are to be used by anyone who wants to use them; not by any sort of "club" or "approved" group of people), you decide to create and submit another WASC proposal in the exact same fashion as the clearly improperly designed previous WASC resolution. Does this not reveal your resentment of the normal workings of the WASC itself, and perhaps a sort of rebellion towards these conventions which have been established and developed for the good of the WA? You obviously recognize that your resolution is less than what it could be, but have no remorse for that fact.

You may, in fact, believe that JAL's actions are condemnable. Many of us do, and this is the sole reason for why your resolution is passing. But the idea that you believe JAL worthy of a condemnation is apparently not the only reason for why this resolution is before us right now in the way that it is. There are clear signs of spite for the institution of the WASC, a longing for some sort of compensation for the failed commendation of Trav Khar, and a will to best those who helped defeat the failed commendation.

I'm sure you hate me for attacking your resolutions and the motives behind them like this, but I can guarantee that if you use the features that the makers of this game have given to us and promote us to use in order to make decent WA resolutions, you'll find me in your thread fixing your errors and providing useful content for your proposals rather than tearing everything apart with my teeth. Unless you wish to continue fighting the system, that is, in which case I'm sure we'll have some more less than pleasant encounters in the future.

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Unibot wrote:
Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:lol, Unibot. He was removed from my cabinet when he was found badmouthing the NPPA to members of the resistance. I was warned about him by various respected players but I decided to give him a chance regardless. My bad. :palm:

Interesting, I was warned about joining forces with you too (from friends who actually care about TNP and me.. something you're not actually capable of). My bad. :palm:

And this "member of the resistance" that I 'badmouthed' to, has a funny way of showing his patriotism to the NPPA. Namely, running around and calling you a moron and 'pretending' to be a high ranking member of the TNP's legitimate administration.

By the way, I only had nice things to say about the NPPA until it was clear you had no intention on pursuing the goals you were preaching to me and had only manipulated me to get a forums made.

The resistance was a term being used for the 'legitimate' government. You are probably confused.
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:
Unibot wrote:

The resistance was a term being used for the 'legitimate' government. You are probably confused.

Err yes, then I am. But I think it is important to note that badmouthing the NPAA only came after you started to ban nations willynilly and tell me personally that you had intention of getting any real legitimate democracy off the ground.

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Dark's Synopsis of the previous long winded stuff:

The poll is funny. The resolution looks fine to me.

The rest of the posts are really long. A quick scan tells me they are generally whining about how stupid everyone but AMOM and Uni are and how no one should dare post unless they approve it.

That about it?

I voted for it.
Durk is a bad guy. Condemn him. Pretty simple.
Last edited by Darkesia on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Darkesia wrote:The rest of the posts are really long. A quick scan tells me they are generally whining about how stupid everyone but AMOM and Uni are and how no one should dare post unless they approve it.

I approve the proposal, actually. :/

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Darkesia wrote: A quick scan tells me they are generally whining about how stupid everyone but AMOM and Uni are and how no one should dare post unless they approve it.

You might want to try reading the thread properly then, as your scanning is defective. Uni said nothing of the sort, and AMON has actually been saying that he wants people to post more here, as its better for inexperienced authors to get help here than to submit & discover flaws later.

Darkesia
Diplomat

Postby Darkesia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:11 pm

That's a sugar coated way of saying "don't submit it until one of the smart people fixes it first."
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Neo Nibu
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neo Nibu » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:12 pm

"But the idea that you believe JAL worthy of a condemnation is apparently not the only reason for why this resolution is before us right now in the way that it is. There are clear signs of spite for the institution of the WASC, a longing for some sort of compensation for the failed commendation of Trav Khar, and a will to best those who helped defeat the failed commendation."

Yes one of my region mates Austin summit a resolution that failed commend Trav Khar, I will admit his attempt to get TK commend was what first got me interested in writing resolutions and the workings of the WA.

I'm not looking for "compensation" It's not that big a deal it failed. Does this now mean I can't summit any proposals? I can't write one for a cause as worthy as this one without you bringing up a past failed resolution I supported. Just non-sense. I've seen you and others authoring multiple resolutions within a short time. My motives are that of getting more involved in NS & the WA.

Look, i'm not saying that in the future I won't necessarily make sure to draft it here first, but biting my head off over a few "capital letters" seems a bit much.

I think it's solid, and deserves to be passed.
Last edited by Neo Nibu on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The time has come, to talk of many things, Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, Of cabbages and kings, And why the sea is boiling hot, And whether pigs have wings.

Head of In The Flesh.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Darkesia wrote:That's a sugar coated way of saying "don't submit it until one of the smart people fixes it first."

No. Most written work can be improved by getting others to read over it and make suggestions - even more so if the proof-readers are experienced with the subject matter. Its not a Security Council old-boys club, its just common sense. I don't really want to continue this discussion further, as we've already had a few voting threads dragged off-topic onto this subject matter before. If you really want to rail against a group of SCers, start a new thread for it.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:20 pm

These kinds of things are hard to get settled. Unibot told me that the legitimate delegate had been ousted whilst a transfer of power occurred from the old delegate to the new. If this were voted upon in an outside forum, it would make the case against Durka all the more legitimate and the condemnation would be easy.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Darkesia
Diplomat

Postby Darkesia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Railing is your thing, Sedge. I haven't the time nor the energy. I did, after all,check "Screw you guys! I'm goin' home!" in the poll.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Neo Nibu wrote:Yes one of my region mates Austin summit a resolution that failed commend Trav Khar, I will admit his attempt to get TK commend was what first got me interested in writing resolutions and the workings of the WA.

I'm not looking for "compensation" It's not that big a deal it failed. Does this now mean I can't summit any proposals?

Did I say that? No.

I can't write one for a cause as worthy as this one without you bringing up a past failed resolution I supported. Just non-sense. I've seen you and others authoring multiple resolutions within a short time. My motives are that of getting more involved in NS & the WA.

Let's leave this here. You know what I think, and I know how you have responded. The cause may be worthy, but the resolution is not subpar. It is simply the cause that is passing this resolution, and the fact that few are looking beyond that and into the text and into any deeper meaning behind the resolution is what has got me frickin' fuming over it.

Look, i'm not saying that in the future I won't necessarily make sure to draft it here first, but biting my head off over a few "capital letters" seems a bit much.

That's how I get you to remember to do it, dear.

Neo Nibu
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neo Nibu » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:37 pm

"It's the fact that a commendation of your very own region was just at vote (and failed) and that you vehemently supported said commendation. A similar piece of legislation from such a similar location so shortly after the first failed is a bit more than peculiar."

"But the idea that you believe JAL worthy of a condemnation is apparently not the only reason for why this resolution is before us right now in the way that it is. There are clear signs of spite for the institution of the WASC, a longing for some sort of compensation for the failed commendation of Trav Khar, and a will to best those who helped defeat the failed commendation."

All i'm saying is that's not what motivates my actions and it's unfair to imply such. I wanted to write a resolution, I found something worth writing one for and did so. The fact that I supported the last resolution is irrelevant.
Last edited by Neo Nibu on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Head of In The Flesh.

Neo Nibu
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neo Nibu » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 pm

You know, I don't much care for you, your mean, a mean old man...

(this was replying to the post below which out of order due to re-posting)
Last edited by Neo Nibu on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Head of In The Flesh.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Is there an echo in here?

Who am I kidding? There's always a fucking echo in here.

I'll do my part by not continuing it.