NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:51 pm

Bruke wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Speaking of Hook, where is he? It's been a while. A return is a must. Cox needs him to help kill Jared in the perfect crime.

What? :eyebrow:

Jared went to that Thanksgiving Black Friday event and gave Cox and Hook reasons to kill Jared.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:55 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Uttland wrote:Yes! She was last in the Middle East dropping off funds and fake passports to Ferdinand’s Islamic army with the goal of going to Mexico and sneaking across the border to commit terrorist acts.

You do realize that every Libertarian wants her prosecuted for being the one who destroyed their party. Is she even aware that she's mainly responsible for what happened?

Yes. That’s why she joined forces with Ferdinand Simpson to take revenge on the United States and those former libertarians in particular.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:56 pm

I type so frustratingly slowly
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Uttland wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:You do realize that every Libertarian wants her prosecuted for being the one who destroyed their party. Is she even aware that she's mainly responsible for what happened?

Yes. That’s why she joined forces with Ferdinand Simpson to take revenge on the United States and those former libertarians in particular.

Why would she declare revenge on the United States, even if she's aware if it's her fault?

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Uttland wrote:Yes. That’s why she joined forces with Ferdinand Simpson to take revenge on the United States and those former libertarians in particular.

Why would she declare revenge on the United States, even if she's aware if it's her fault?

The United States part was mostly to win over Ferdinand, she’s mostly against the Libertarian Party, which to DeLucca, ruined her and stopped her plans.
Last edited by Uttland on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:07 pm

Uttland wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Why would she declare revenge on the United States, even if she's aware if it's her fault?

The United States part was mostly to win over Ferdinand, she’s mostly against the Libertarian Party, which to DeLucca, ruined her and stopped her plans.

Plans to take full control of the Libertarian Party?

RPs I do

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:08 pm

Uttland wrote:The United States part was mostly to win over Ferdinand, she’s mostly against the Libertarian Party, which to DeLucca, ruined her and stopped her plans.

Plans to take full control of the Libertarian Party?

No, just petty and violent revenge. She’ll have to deal with Ferdinand insisting on more violent measures targeting not even the LP but the US as a whole. I’m hoping this inevitably ends up a bizarre Bin Ladin type thing.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:10 pm

Libertarian 9/11 in Las Vegas or something would only barely qualify as the most insane thing to happen in this RP
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Uttland wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Plans to take full control of the Libertarian Party?

No, just petty and violent revenge. She’ll have to deal with Ferdinand insisting on more violent measures targeting not even the LP but the US as a whole. I’m hoping this inevitably ends up a bizarre Bin Ladin type thing.

Considering what I tried to do with Victor Bates (seeing how he's dead), this could end violently.

RPs I do

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:14 pm

Vaquas wrote:Libertarian 9/11 in Las Vegas or something would only barely qualify as the most insane thing to happen in this RP

I expect a good chunk of the attacks to fail miserably, that is if they’re not all arrested in Mexico. If the group survives Mexico, I think we can get a good 1-3 attacks, which be followed up by the inevitable man hunt of a now-Muslim Ferdinand Simpson and DeLucca. God I love this idea so much.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Uttland wrote:No, just petty and violent revenge. She’ll have to deal with Ferdinand insisting on more violent measures targeting not even the LP but the US as a whole. I’m hoping this inevitably ends up a bizarre Bin Ladin type thing.

Considering what I tried to do with Victor Bates (seeing how he's dead), this could end violently.

I don’t honeslty have more plans for DeLucca after this besides hiding in some corner of the world, enjoying her revenge, that is if no trace found to her. If a trace is found, she’ll probably commit suicide or find herself in federal prison.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Vaquas wrote:Libertarian 9/11 in Las Vegas or something would only barely qualify as the most insane thing to happen in this RP

What is the most insane thing to happen here?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Uttland wrote:

I expect a good chunk of the attacks to fail miserably, that is if they’re not all arrested in Mexico. If the group survives Mexico, I think we can get a good 1-3 attacks, which be followed up by the inevitable man hunt of a now-Muslim Ferdinand Simpson and DeLucca. God I love this idea so much.

GreyMoriCry6 can get involved. Seeing how Karen is a bit on the anti-hero side, if she gets word that DeLucca and Ferdinard are being terrorists, she going to try to stop it or alarm the FBI.

RPs I do

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Bruke wrote:

Yes. :)

RPs I do

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Probably tomorrow morning at this rate but something will be coming....
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Bruke wrote:

The LNC convention debacle that ended in flames, the Halloween party at Donald Johnson’s house featuring several politicians that ended in flames, Rossi’s confirmation hearing to be appoint to the SCOTUS which ended in tears, etc.
Last edited by Uttland on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Uttland wrote:
Bruke wrote:

The LNC convention debacle that ended in flames, the Halloween party at Donald Johnson’s house featuring several politicians that ended in flames, Rossi’s confirmation hearing to be appoint to the SCOTUS which ended in tears, etc.

Most insane= one.

What is your final answer for the million dollars?

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Uttland wrote:I expect a good chunk of the attacks to fail miserably, that is if they’re not all arrested in Mexico. If the group survives Mexico, I think we can get a good 1-3 attacks, which be followed up by the inevitable man hunt of a now-Muslim Ferdinand Simpson and DeLucca. God I love this idea so much.

GreyMoriCry6 can get involved. Seeing how Karen is a bit on the anti-hero side, if she gets word that DeLucca and Ferdinard are being terrorists, she going to try to stop it or alarm the FBI.

That could also be very fun. However there aren’t that many traces of them after they disappeared to Italy (DeLucca) and the Middle East (Ferdinand).

If Ferdinand CTE’d, can I take over the Mayor, so I can complete this arc?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Uttland wrote:
Bruke wrote:

How did Rossi's hearing go? How did it end in tears?

RPs I do

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Bruke wrote:
Uttland wrote:The LNC convention debacle that ended in flames, the Halloween party at Donald Johnson’s house featuring several politicians that ended in flames, Rossi’s confirmation hearing to be appoint to the SCOTUS which ended in tears, etc.

Most insane= one.

What is your final answer for the million dollars?

The Halloween Party. You had to have been there. Wildest thing this RP has ever done. A siting Senator got forcibly kissed by a Governor, the Johnsons had a secret dungeon, among other things.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:23 pm

Uttland wrote:The LNC convention debacle that ended in flames, the Halloween party at Donald Johnson’s house featuring several politicians that ended in flames, Rossi’s confirmation hearing to be appoint to the SCOTUS which ended in tears, etc.

How did Rossi's hearing go? How did it end in tears?

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Uttland wrote:I think I recall her fainting, or was that Ella Enchanted? Or maybe Spicy? I don’t remember her leaving.

That was Ella

Oh man did you miss a lot....

All right, here we go for the short version

-Reed appoints Rossi to fill a Supreme Court vacancy
-Little controversy early, people not happy about her age or her being a Rep, conservatives still seem happy though
-Suddenly big allegations break that Rossi used racial+sexual slurs while at Harvard. Big firestorm of controversy
-Has her hearing. Denies all allegations. Breckenridge goes intense at her and then goes super hyper intense at her. Literally reduces her to tears and she breaks down says she's innocent and getting her life destroyed and withdraws her own nomination
-Rossi's out, Breckenridge getting a ton of heat from both sides for behavior, but now new news comes out literally the next day that there are people from the college saying that the allegations are bunk but also that they were approached by someone who was telling them to go public with the story and offering stuff
-Firestorm part 2, now there's a giant fight over whether they're fake or not and what happened and everything is nuts. Prez Reed goes public saying the Senate judic should investigate
-Investigative hearings. They go back and forth and get different answers. One of the pro Rossi speakers sounded like he had a crush on her and Dems say he's bias. We get testimony that they were approached to fake the allegations and a name. The accusers deny that they were bribed to do it. One of the teachers buckles when asked to say that they weren't bribed under oath but Wilson goes off the leash at her and she ends up pleading the fifth
-Sort of limbo. Suspicion is way up but one prof is silent and then there's the new name, more to find
-Carter (the Judic chair) closes the investigation after the hearings no further anything. No more legal action will be taken
-Rossi meanwhile is just broken as a person. Deletes her Twitter resigns from Congress and goes back home to her parents in Indiana with all press kept away

That's about it

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:29 pm

Uttland wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:How did Rossi's hearing go? How did it end in tears?

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
That was Ella

Oh man did you miss a lot....

All right, here we go for the short version

-Reed appoints Rossi to fill a Supreme Court vacancy
-Little controversy early, people not happy about her age or her being a Rep, conservatives still seem happy though
-Suddenly big allegations break that Rossi used racial+sexual slurs while at Harvard. Big firestorm of controversy
-Has her hearing. Denies all allegations. Breckenridge goes intense at her and then goes super hyper intense at her. Literally reduces her to tears and she breaks down says she's innocent and getting her life destroyed and withdraws her own nomination
-Rossi's out, Breckenridge getting a ton of heat from both sides for behavior, but now new news comes out literally the next day that there are people from the college saying that the allegations are bunk but also that they were approached by someone who was telling them to go public with the story and offering stuff
-Firestorm part 2, now there's a giant fight over whether they're fake or not and what happened and everything is nuts. Prez Reed goes public saying the Senate judic should investigate
-Investigative hearings. They go back and forth and get different answers. One of the pro Rossi speakers sounded like he had a crush on her and Dems say he's bias. We get testimony that they were approached to fake the allegations and a name. The accusers deny that they were bribed to do it. One of the teachers buckles when asked to say that they weren't bribed under oath but Wilson goes off the leash at her and she ends up pleading the fifth
-Sort of limbo. Suspicion is way up but one prof is silent and then there's the new name, more to find
-Carter (the Judic chair) closes the investigation after the hearings no further anything. No more legal action will be taken
-Rossi meanwhile is just broken as a person. Deletes her Twitter resigns from Congress and goes back home to her parents in Indiana with all press kept away

That's about it

So Rossi's life is ruined. Yikes.

Also, we need to do the Halloween Party again! Cox's Black Friday event was meant to go wrong, however the Halloween Party was a masterpiece of mayhem that was unpredictable.

RPs I do

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Uttland wrote:

Also, we need to do the Halloween Party again! Cox's Black Friday event was meant to go wrong, however the Halloween Party was a masterpiece of mayhem that was unpredictable.

That thing can never be replicated explicitly because it was unpredictable and not-controlled. Trying to attempt to do it against would not field the results you expect. And plus I think a lot of previous attendees would not show up again.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:33 pm

He's my first try at a conservative Republican, feedback would be appreciated. I'll add some more into the history tomorrow after I do some reading on what has happened so far in the RP.

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Yaana Noore
Character Name: Reginald Ransom
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 68
Character Height: 5'11"
Character Weight: 180lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Congressman for Alabama's 2nd Congressional District (1993-)
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: Alabama
Character State of Residence: Alabama
Character Party Affiliation: Republican Party
Main Strengths: Legal and military background, strong support in his constituency, polite and well-spoken
Main Weaknesses: Doesn't understand social media, unpopular with minorities, establishment, poor debater (against certain types, more in other info)
Biography: Reginald Ransom was born in 1949 in Montgomery, Alabama, to parents Mary and Robert Ransom, who were both members of the state civil service. Robert had previously served in the United States Army during WW2 and recieved a medal for valor during the Borneo Campaign 1945. Both of his parents are of primarily English descent. Ransom was raised in Blount County and attended a nearby private segregated school.

Ransom aspired to be a lawyer and after graduating high school started to work at a slaughterhouse in order to save for law school. While working he was called up in the draft and deployed to Vietnam in 1968, He decided to stay beyond his mandatory year, and continued to serve in the army after a promotion to Second Lieutenant commanding infantry. He got married during the summer of 1969 to his childhood sweetheart, Linda, in order to get increased pay. Ransom left the army and returned to Alabama in early 1971 after finding out that his wife was pregnant.

He was admitted to the University of Alabama School of Law in Tuscaloosa in 1971, graduating in 1974 and joining a small firm that specialised in insurance cases. Ransom was praised during his time at the firm for his sharp legal mind and attention to detail and also served as a legal analyst for the Alabama House of Representatives for several legislative sessions. In 1976 his politically active wife encouraged him to volunteer for the Geneva County and they both voted for Jimmy Carter in the Presidential election. Ransom began to become more involved in politics and started to do some research to prepare to run as the Democratic candidate for Alabama's 2nd congressional district in 1978. However, he soon after became disillusioned with politics and got cold feet. He credits Ronald Reagan and the rediscovery of his Christian faith for reinvigorating his interest in politics. In 1982 Ransom ran for the Republican nomination for Alabama's 2nd district but lost to the incumbent. He struck up a friendship with his rival during the campaign who recommended that he become more involved with the Alabama GOP if he was seeking political office. In 1985 Ransom was elected as the DA of Geneva County, a position he held for five years. After the retirement of the incumbent Congressman Ransom ran again and was elected in 1992. He has held this seat ever since. In recent times Ransom has mostly followed party line, the only time he went against his Republican colleagues during the past few years was to vote against the motion to remove Franklin Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson from the currency.

Other Info: Ransom is your typical conservative. He is a strong believer in limited government, free markets, individual liberty, and traditional American values. He believes that life begins at conception and is a strong voice on the pro-life side of the debate, as well as an ardent defender of marriage between man and woman. He is a gun enthusiast with an A rating from the NRA.
Ransom is a devout Christian and an active member of his local church which he attends every Sunday. He is known for his calm, softly-spoken demeanour. He is very polite and is the quintessential 'southern gentlemen'. However, this means that he struggles in debates with firebrands and he often complains about how politics has "devolved into shouting matches" which he is uncomfortable in.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Yaana Noore

Do Not Remove: 84721
Last edited by Yaana Noore on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Uttland wrote:

That thing can never be replicated explicitly because it was unpredictable and not-controlled. Trying to attempt to do it against would not field the results you expect. And plus I think a lot of previous attendees would not show up again.

We need to find a way..

RPs I do

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse