NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT health issues and society

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Realm of Coffeecakes
Secretary

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

LGBT health issues and society

Postby Realm of Coffeecakes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:05 am

June is LGBT pride month and among the many things being discussed regarding the LGBT community is health. As I myself engaged in research at my college campus about metal and physical health issues facing the LGBT community, I came to the conclusion that the evidence that homosexuality and lesbianism are dangerous to society is overwhelming. HIV/AIDS rates and other STD rates are much higher among the LGBT community than the straight community and LGBT people are much more likely to sexual promiscuous. I also found that the rate of domestic violence is much higher among same-sex couples and that when it comes to violence, LGBT perpetrators tend to be even more brutal than their straight counterparts. After these findings, I just don't understand why we should consider homosexuality okay and normal or okay. Instead of being blindly politically correct for the sake of an ideology, I think it is better that we stand up for the truth and fight against homosexuality and find a cure for it to help the people struggling with it. What do you think? Please read the sources first.

Here are a few of my sources.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-aids ... H220100923

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/291357

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... d_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8838474

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?Db= ... d_RVDocSum
Last edited by Realm of Coffeecakes on Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:10 am

Realm of Coffeecakes wrote:June is LGBT pride month and among the many things being discussed regarding the LGBT community is health. As I myself engaged in research at my college campus about metal and physical health issues facing the LGBT community, I came to the conclusion that the evidence that homosexuality and lesbianism are dangerous to society is overwhelming. HIV/AIDS rates and other STD rates are much higher among the LGBT community than the straight community and LGBT people are much more likely to sexual promiscuous. I also found that the rate of domestic violence is much higher among same-sex couples and that when it comes to violence, LGBT perpetrators tend to be even more brutal than their straight counterparts. After these findings, I just don't understand why we should consider homosexuality okay and normal or okay. Instead of being blindly politically correct for the sake of an ideology, I think it is better that we stand up for the truth and fight against homosexuality and find a cure for it to help the people struggling with it. What do you think? Please read the sources first.

I consider your literature review to be lacking. The conspicuous lack of any attempts to challenge your own hypothesis in particular, along with its apparent basis in a correlative relationship with no attempt to establish a causal one.
Last edited by Vassenor on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Realm of Coffeecakes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Realm of Coffeecakes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:13 am

Vassenor wrote:
Realm of Coffeecakes wrote:June is LGBT pride month and among the many things being discussed regarding the LGBT community is health. As I myself engaged in research at my college campus about metal and physical health issues facing the LGBT community, I came to the conclusion that the evidence that homosexuality and lesbianism are dangerous to society is overwhelming. HIV/AIDS rates and other STD rates are much higher among the LGBT community than the straight community and LGBT people are much more likely to sexual promiscuous. I also found that the rate of domestic violence is much higher among same-sex couples and that when it comes to violence, LGBT perpetrators tend to be even more brutal than their straight counterparts. After these findings, I just don't understand why we should consider homosexuality okay and normal or okay. Instead of being blindly politically correct for the sake of an ideology, I think it is better that we stand up for the truth and fight against homosexuality and find a cure for it to help the people struggling with it. What do you think? Please read the sources first.

I consider your literature review to be lacking. The conspicuous lack of any attempts to challenge your own hypothesis in particular.

I wasn't unable to find anything to go against my arguments. Even some of the LGBT people I interviewed in campus agreed and admitted that their condition felt like an illness.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 am

Realm of Coffeecakes wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
I consider your literature review to be lacking. The conspicuous lack of any attempts to challenge your own hypothesis in particular.

I wasn't unable to find anything to go against my arguments. Even some of the LGBT people I interviewed in campus agreed and admitted that their condition felt like an illness.

That's a very telling double-negative.

Tell me, was this a theory-building or a theory-testing study? What was your sampling method?
Last edited by Vassenor on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 am

TIL that despite overwhelming evidence that homosexuality is not a mental disorder, explicitly stated so by mental health care professionals, and that heterosexuals can be super promiscuous and spread HIV at alarming rates, I have to take a mere student’s biased “research” as gospel and fight the rainbow brigade. Totes. Totes.

I have been schooled... in bullshit.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Realm of Coffeecakes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Realm of Coffeecakes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:18 am

Vassenor wrote:

Tell me, was this a theory-building or a theory-challenging study? What was your sampling method?

It started off as a simply undergraduate study to determine that types of mental and physical health issues that the LGBT community faced compared to society at large. Personally, I did not go in with any biases as it wasn't until after the research that I came to the conclusion that non-traditional sexual orientations and gender identities were bad for the society. The subjects were interviewed in private in empty classrooms. Some were alone, others weren't. It all depended on their class schedules and when they could be interviewed.

And as you can see I provided multiple unbiased sources.

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 am

Vassenor wrote:

Tell me, was this a theory-building or a theory-challenging study? What was your sampling method?

It started off as a simply undergraduate study to determine that types of mental and physical health issues that the LGBT community faced compared to society at large. Personally, I did not go in with any biases as it wasn't until after the research that I came to the conclusion that non-traditional sexual orientations and gender identities were bad for the society. The subjects were interviewed in private in empty classrooms. Some were alone, others weren't. It all depended on their class schedules and when they could be interviewed.

Forgive me if I dont think you went into a study on homosexuality which you call a mental illness and wrong and say should be eliminated without any sort of bias.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Realm of Coffeecakes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Realm of Coffeecakes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:TIL that despite overwhelming evidence that homosexuality is not a mental disorder, explicitly stated so by mental health care professionals, and that heterosexuals can be super promiscuous and spread HIV at alarming rates, I have to take a mere student’s biased “research” as gospel and fight the rainbow brigade. Totes. Totes.

My group's study was not funded by any political organizations nor were we bound by political correctness. Also, I provided multiple unbiased sources to back up my statements.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:21 am

Homosexuality is not a disease, it does not need curing.
People need to stop using pseudoscience to hide their homophobia

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:21 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:TIL that despite overwhelming evidence that homosexuality is not a mental disorder, explicitly stated so by mental health care professionals, and that heterosexuals can be super promiscuous and spread HIV at alarming rates, I have to take a mere student’s biased “research” as gospel and fight the rainbow brigade. Totes. Totes.

My group's study was not funded by any political organizations nor were we bound by political correctness. Also, I provided multiple unbiased sources to back up my statements.

None of your sources are unbiased. Just saying.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:22 am

Realm of Coffeecakes wrote:As I myself engaged in research at my college campus about metal [...]

A metallurgist. I can respect that.

Realm of Coffeecakes wrote:I came to the conclusion that the evidence that homosexuality and lesbianism are dangerous to society is overwhelming. HIV/AIDS rates and other STD rates are much higher among the LGBT community than the straight community

Lesbians have lower STD rates than straight people, so methinks your conclusion is flawed.

Realm of Coffeecakes wrote:LGBT people are much more likely to sexual promiscuous.

Perhaps because they have been forced underground for so long that they need to get sex as and when they can? So in that case it is the fault of society, rather than LGBT people themselves...

Realm of Coffeecakes wrote:I also found that the rate of domestic violence is much higher among same-sex couples and that when it comes to violence, LGBT perpetrators tend to be even more brutal than their straight counterparts.

It's still a minority, and it is quite frankly a complete farce that you are using it as a weapon against the entire LGBT community at large.

Realm of Coffeecakes wrote:I think it is better that we stand up for the truth and fight against homosexuality and find a cure for it to help the people struggling with it.

Truth? What truth? That you have added 1 and 1 and arrived at 5? :roll:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Realm of Coffeecakes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Realm of Coffeecakes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:22 am

Highever wrote:

Forgive me if I dont think you went into a study on homosexuality which you call a mental illness and wrong and say should be eliminated without any sort of bias.

It wasn't until after the study and research that I found it to be a mental health issue in of itself.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:23 am

I think you misinterpreted one of them. Badly. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8838474 doesn't deal with homosexual perpetrators. It deals with homosexual victims.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:23 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

NCBI isn't unbiased? Sorry, what?
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:24 am

Highever wrote:Forgive me if I dont think you went into a study on homosexuality which you call a mental illness and wrong and say should be eliminated without any sort of bias.

It wasn't until after the study and research that I found it to be a mental health issue in of itself.

Have you ever considered the fact that LGBT people have mental health issues because they are still targeted by society, or that people are still saying homosexuality is a disease?
Last edited by Celritannia on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:24 am

Highever wrote:Forgive me if I dont think you went into a study on homosexuality which you call a mental illness and wrong and say should be eliminated without any sort of bias.

Again. It. Is. Not. A. Mental. Health. Issue. Homosexuals aren’t mentally ill.

I happen to find having black hair a curse on me. Almost a disease. Does it mean that factually and medically I have a mental disorder? No. It means I just don’t fucking like my black hair. There’s no need pathologize that.
Slava Ukraini

The Columbia-Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Columbia-Republic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:25 am

June is LGBTQ Month. Not LGBT. LGBTQ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Queer. L.G.B.T.Q. Get it now?
FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF COLUMBIA REPUBLIC

Original Country: Columbia-Washingtonia

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:25 am

Being LGBT isn't a disease that needs to be cured. Most of these problems are a result of discrimination in society.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Realm of Coffeecakes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Realm of Coffeecakes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:26 am

Geneviev wrote:Being LGBT isn't a disease that needs to be cured. Most of these problems are a result of discrimination in society.

How so?

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:27 am

Oh yes, clearly your amateur study is more reputable and should be taken more seriously than the conclusion reached by medical professionals that it is not at all a mental disorder
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:27 am

Geneviev wrote:Being LGBT isn't a disease that needs to be cured. Most of these problems are a result of discrimination in society.

How so?

There is not a table hard enough for me to whack my head against it.
Last edited by Celritannia on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:27 am

How so?

You’re doing it right now. You are stating they’re a threat that needs to be fought.
Slava Ukraini

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:29 am

It's not like you can cure sexual/gender deviance anyways since it's apparently modeled in fetal development
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Realm of Coffeecakes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Realm of Coffeecakes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:29 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Seriously? Aside from government sources, I even cited Reuters which it is the king of being unbiased. Just because a source doesn't fall in line with liberal ideology doesn't mean that it is biased.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:30 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Seriously? Aside from government sources, I even cited Reuters which it is the king of being unbiased. Just because a source doesn't fall in line with liberal ideology doesn't mean that it is biased.

No credible medical journals, psychological studies, or even studies by LGBTQ individuals.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General