NATION

PASSWORD

Kremlin 2017: Russian Political RP [IC THREAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Kremlin 2017: Russian Political RP [IC THREAD]

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:27 pm

The Russian Federation has risen from the ashes of the broken Soviet Union. The crippled economy is steadily improving, while democracy is certainly flawed. Gone are the days of communism, with the Presidency being the face of capitalist reform, while the State Duma is clinging on to old communist ideas in an eternal gridlock. Outside, foreign countries are closely looking at the Russian Federation, and whether or not it can regain its former glory.

Make a name for yourself in this mess of a state. Try to bring democracy… or not. Do you want to go back to old communist ideals, or do you want to move Russia forward. Is this is end of the glory days of Russia? Or is this the dawn of a new era? You decide.

Betrayals await, dirty politics awaits, and certainly corruption awaits. Many want power, many want freedom, many want capitalism, many want communism. The fate of the Russian Federation rests in the hands of you, will you be part of the Duma? The president’s cabinet? Member of the military? Wealthy oligarch? You must write yourself into the history of this ever dynamic state, and massive nest of chaos known as Moscow.

The federation consists of Republics, Krais, Oblasts, and Okrugs. It is you who must write the fate of these in the greater game of Kremlin politics.

Rules
  • No godmodding, this means you can’t RP anything other than what you apped for without permission. This also means you only RP your character’s actions, and not reactions or effects of your character’s actions
  • No metagaming, don’t pretend to know something IC your character wouldn’t
  • The Russian Federation is a flawed democracy, keep in mind election results may or may not represent actual public opinion of your character
  • Unlike western countries, murders and mysterious disappearances are somewhat common in Russian politics, however, all players involved need to agree on such an event, and requires OP or Co-OP permission to execute
  • Assume everything happened similar to IRL until 2000, when Putin first came to power
  • We’ll be starting off with the main Russian political parties, United Russia, Communist, LDP, and AJR. Creating a new political party will be rare and only happen in certain unique RP scenarios, and requires OP approval.
  • Have fun, this thread was inspired from the other “2017” RPs, but Russian politics is unique in that nothing is as it seems and things can get real dirty real fast… enjoy!

Roster

United Russia Party
President - Vassili Zhirov (United Russia-Moscow) - Russkiya Svyachena
Prime Minister - Viktor Yakovich Serebrov (United Russia-Moscow) - The Archipelago Territory
Minister of Economic Development - Vasilii Ledovskoy (United Russia-Novosibirsk Oblast) - Duestchstien

Deputies
United Russia Party
Valentin Stefanovich Savenkov (United Russia-Moscow City) - Sarderistan
Josef Vorshevsky (United Russia-Moscow Oblast) - Greater Arab State

Communist Party
Prodniz Kyrlyakov (Communist-Stavropol Krai) - The World Capitalist Confederation

A Just Russia
Vladimir Antonovich Yuzhny (AJR-Stavropol Krai) - The Free Territory of Makhnovia

Liberal Democratic Party
Alexei Nikitovich Chudov (LDP-Yaroslavl Oblast) - Aureumterra

Other Parties
Aleksei Ivan Ivanow (Yabloko-Kaliningrad Oblast) - Endem

Leaders
United Russia Party
Boris Vasilevich Konovalov (United Russia-Tver Oblast) - Sarderistan

Arkady Isaakovich Sapozhnik (United Russia-Sverdlovsk Oblast) - Yaana Noore

Maps

Timeline
Everything happened as it did in our timeline until 2000, where instead of Putin’s rise to power, a man by the name of Sergei Tikhonovich Zholdin succeeded Boris Yelstin as the president of Russia. He headed the United Russia party and was elected president, appointing war minister Onufri Nechayev as PM. Zholdin continued as a popular president and a face of capitalist reform, against the Communist dominated State Duma. After his 3rd term, Zholdin stepped down and Nechayev was elected president, along with the United Russia party finally winning a majority in the State Duma. The party and Nechayev remained strong and somewhat dictatorial, until 2016, when Nechayev announced his decision to step down. His successor, Vassili Zhirov, the former Minister of Finance, was appointed president by the State Duma, as elections had not begun yet. Due to the shift on power, the State Duma exercised its power to postpone elections in a somewhat corrupt move by the United Russia Party to get a better organization of leadership. Presidential elections will now take place on December 1, 2017.
Last edited by Russkiya Svyachena on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:00 am, edited 13 times in total.
Russian and Proud!
Наркотик не класс, я еду не хардбасс
This nation is an alternate Russia where Gorbachev never collapsed the USSR, and instead slowly transitioned to a free market
Politics:
Pro: Putinism, President Putin, Russia, Gun Rights, Nationalism, Russian Crimea
Neutral: LGBT Rights, EU, Gorbachev
Anti: USSR, Communism, Lenin, Stalin, Ukrainian Crimea, Racism, Slavic Oppression

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:14 pm

President Vassili Zhirov

Address to the State Duma

Zhirov walked into the Duma building as all the deputies from across Russia took their seat. He sat at the head of the chamber, flanked by the Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Zhirov took a deep breath, and began the speech.

“Good day, deputies of the Russian Federation. I am speaking to you today to address the Duma as well as the nation as a whole, about the future of Russia, and many other things. It has been twenty-six years since the corrupt communist state known as the Soviet Union was dissolved. We have progressed greatly in those 26 years, we have taken a struggling and authoritarian economy, plagued with far leftism, and turned it into a growing economy. We have lifted many of the authoritarian laws that suppressed civil rights under the USSR, and we have brought justice to all Russians by rescuing them from oppression in the liberation of Crimea.

Over the years, we have overcome failed communist economics. It should be made clear that communism is a dying ideology, one that is old and served its purpose when it needed to. Now we need to free up the market, open ourselves up to the world, and stop being the closed-off state that we were prior to 1991. It is with my utmost pride to announce that the Russian economy is growing the fastest it has since the collapse of the USSR. We can achieve this and more if we leave our old outdated ideals behind and reform into a state of enterprise and markets. I thank Minister of Economic Development Vasilii Ledovskoy for that.” Zhirov said nodding in his direction, as he was sitting the the booth for Executive Branch members.

Zhirov continued, “Now into the future, we must stay strong and keep these reforms going. We cannot afford to lag behind the world once again, and we won’t. We have consolidated relations with our closest allies such as India and CSTO states. We have also shown the world that we mean business after we liberated Crimea from Ukraine. The world might think that Russia has lost its military might, but we have proven the world wrong once again.

Life for the average Russian is better than ever. Crime has been reduced. Russia is one of the most secure nations on the planet. My administration has been working hard to combat drug abuse and suicide. We are working hard as ever to improve education, and improve all aspects of life for the average Russian. We trust the nation to make the right choice in December, and to continue improving Russia at the rate we are improving right now.”
Russian and Proud!
This nation is an alternate Russia where Gorbachev never collapsed the USSR, and instead slowly transitioned to a free market
Politics:
Anti: USSR, Communism, Lenin, Stalin, Ukrainian Crimea, Racism, Slavic Oppression

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:32 am

Aleksei Ivan Ivanow

He listened to the president closely, the man definitely knew how to speak to the public, well, he is the president for some reason. After the speech ended Aleksei still sat there, unsure what do to. He looked around the Duma. It was a giant hall, looking a bit like an auditorium. But in the middle, there was this long desk in which four people sat. These four people were the most important people in the Duma. And in the very center, there was a giant eagle made from some gold looking material. Aleksei leaned back in his chair, tapping fingers on the desk before him.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Arkady Sapozhnik

Belgravia, London, United Kingdom

Within the confines of the Georgian-style estate a small troop of people were spread about the drawing room, staring at the large television that adorned one of the walls. Beside them in the dining room ornate silverware, some engraved with lions and others the Russian double-headed eagle, were scattered about the table, dropped in a hurry. It was expected that the Russian President was soon about to make an important address to the Duma, and so the guests had swiftly huddled themselves into the room watching RT UK.

Arkady Sapozhnik stood off aside from the group of friends and business associates, staring forwards at the screen as President Zhirov came on stage to address the Duma. The billionaire was unfamiliar with the new man. He had seen him at a small number of dinners over the past few years, but nothing more had been exchanged than handshakes and small pleasantries. His strongest relationship had been with Sergei Zholdin, of whom Sapozhnik had been an ardent supporter. In return for some personal gifts numbering a few million dollars and sizable donations to United Russia from a Cypriot firm of Sapozhnik's creation, the oligarch had secured his fortune from confiscation and his businesses won a number of additional government contracts. Under Nechayev things had been similar, though it was during this time that Sapozhnik had turned his focus towards his western ventures. The decision of Zholdin's successor to step down had caught him off guard however, not expecting him to leave politics behind so soon. Disiking unfamiliar waters, Sapozhnik had decided to dip his toes back into the Russian political scene, as he had made clear in a recent interview.

"We trust the nation to make the right choice in December, and to continue improving Russia at the rate we are improving right now."

He glanced to his left at Marija beside him and nodded. The Slovene had started out as his PA at his Saint Petersburg office, during which time Arkady had found the young woman to be a rather astute businesswoman in her own right. Her competency and usefulness to him had persuaded Sapozhnik to bring her to London where she now worked as his aide in all-fulfilling role - from arranging personal briefings and taking calls to offering advice on business and politics. For now she remained silent, waiting until spoken to to offer her opinion. "Spoke well enough," Arkady opened, sounding ambivalent.

"Maybe, but hardly inspiring. Most of the Duma could have delivered that." His aide said back, making a gesture as if she were bored to sleep.

"Maybe." He concurred, an amused smirk playing at his lips. Still, there was confirmation of a December election, what they had been waiting for. "Get me the Kremlin. Call Zhirov's guys, Serebrov's guys, I don't care. Just get me something with Zhirov, I'd like to speak with him. Soon."

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm

In a city obsessed with power, the Federal Protective Service was the ultimate symbol of it. Serebrov had enjoyed the speech, although it was treading dangerously close to propaganda. Serebrov, however, could understand why Russia resorted to using propaganda. Sure, the economic and social aspects of Russia weren’t at their peak, but on an international stage Russia was known for its powerful military. Those wealthy oligarchs... they thought they controlled politics. But power runs where the musket flows, and their economic empires were nothing compared to the Russian Federation’s military and economic might.

Serebrov waked out of the Duma, accompanied by his Protection Unit.

“Take me to the Kremlin. I want to meet with Ledovskoy.”

Serebrov hadn’t met Ledovskoy yet, and needed the meeting to sort some things out with him. He was one of the few ministers that Serebrov had not personally appointed. He’d heard his Deputy got a call from one of Sapozhnik’s assistants. He requested a meeting with Zhirov.

“Tell Sapozhnik he can meet with me tomorrow as well if he wants to,” he’d replied to his Deputy.
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Alexei Nikitovich Chudov listened intently to the speech given by the President. He shook his head at some points, nodded at some points, and did clap at the end. Chudov was aware some of the speech was nothing but plain propaganda, but the economic development aspect was quite true. The LDP aligned itself closely with the President’s free market economics, but somewhat disagreed in terms of social issues. Nevertheless, Chudov remained neutral on the Zhirov presidency.

Chudov then met with his upcoming campaign team, as the president had indeed reaffirmed the upcoming elections in December. His campaign manager, an aged man by the name of Dmitry Fyodorov had formulated the plan for Chudov’s presdiential campaign. “Before we announce the campaign, we need to make sure we have all the resources ready.” He informed Chudov. “Isn’t that what we’ve been doing for the past few months?” Chudov asked. “Yes, and the reports say that we have enough money for my planned strategy. We need to focus partially on the socially conservative areas of Siberia, we’ll definitely score a few more votes that way, however, due to the sparse population, it’s not something we need to heavily campaign on. Here’s the meat of the plan: We’re going to try and flip parts of the Metropolitan area.”

Chudov frowned, “Are you insane?” he said asked rhetorically.

“Just listen… we can whittle at UR in the North of the Metropolitan area, even in Moscow. But here’s the thing, UR is a catch all party, if we cater to their ideology, they’ll rather go for an ideological party I’m sure. And if even half the Metropolitan Area flips, it’s over!”

“Interesting… I think we’re about ready to kick it off then…” Chudov replied.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:04 pm

Boris Vasilyevich Konovalov

Boris Konovalov, Governor of Tver Oblast, watched as the Russian President gave his address to the State Duma. In truth, Boris was not very sure what to make of this. His tenure as deputy of Saint Petersburg had come to an end years ago, no small thanks to Zhirov, who did nothing as his party was plagued by internal scrambling and corruption, while the Liberal Democratic Party spread their wings over reformist Russians even more. He had taken the right step closer to the Metropolitan region, although he clearly did not like the situation here; grim, dark and grey, so different from the city he used to call his home. At least there had been an European touch. But grim places had an advantage he cannot ignore - it is far easier to make shady dealings here, albeit a bit hard to keep track of his economic dominion across Russia. Still, it was worth trying.  He sat alone on a comfortable leather couch, an Ecuadorian coffee in his side, his iPhone in hand. He watched as Zhirov ascended the stage. He had made much of his fortune in Zholdin's tenure as President, and the one after him, by being one of the pioneers that spear-headed Russia's economic entry to the capitalist western world. He had acquired timber factories and mines in Siberia, builded retail companies, even investing heavily in German automobile production or Italian vineyards. With the wealth he amassed, Zholdin would have no long time consolidating power in Russia's northwestern areas, and him acquiring government contracts also. With the right incentive, Zhirov might play along as well, he thought.

"We trust the nation to make the right choice in December." Who, you? "and to continue improving Russia at the rate we are improving right now." Improving your rubles, more like. Boris hold no trust in this man and his cabinet, despite being on the same party as him. Still, he needed to work together if he wants to secure a Kremlin position by year's end. He was going to leave Tver, he's sure of it; he wasn't just sure how to make the right calls. The status quo at the Metropolitan area could be dangerous, especially with Alexei Chudov of LDP announcing his presidency bid. While United Russia is an open party regardless of ideology, their base of support is nearly the same. Progressives who staunchly supported capitalism happened to live in the Metropolitan area the most, and this could be dangerous, as the Liberals could turn them to their base of supporters. Being one of the more popular regional leaders, however, Boris could well supply the Kremlin with an electoral base and money.

He took his large seat as Governor and called for his secretary. Ana Pavlov was an attractive young woman, and one that could make him forget his wife - not that he needed much of the relation, of course. But the public need no more disgracement or scandals of a popular politician, he made sure of it. "Do you watched the President's address, dear?" he asked.

"I'm afraid no, Governor. I have been preoccupied with other matter of yours. The City Duma requested your presence in the next convention-"

"The Duma can wait. Come closer." He put his hand on her feet. "I want a meeting with Zhirov and Serberov, at different dates, preferably. And I will have my Gulfstream prepared to Domodedovo. The Duma will receive an announcement that their governor is off for Kremlin matters, so that they won't bother me again." He kissed his secretary in the cheek. "Do it, my dear." His secretary blushed and walked out to the door. He glanced at her and called her again.

"Oh, and prepare two cases of dollars. Dollars, not Rubles. Ten thousand should suffice."
Last edited by Sarderistan on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
- Romans 2:18

A proud Conservative. I like Trump even though I'm not American.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:01 am

Serebrov needed a Chief of Staff in the Kremlin, and fast. His meetings were piling up, leaving little time for cabinet meetings and other important government functions. But Zhirov was new, and everyone wanted a seat in his Kremlin.

“Prime Minister Serebrov, Governor Konovalov has requested a meeting” his assistant says, barging into his office.

“Ah, yes, he’s from an Oblast, correct? Well, hundreds of governors, cabinet members, and State Duma members alike are pouring in from all over the country, trying to get a position in the Kremlin. Well, I’ll be ready in an hour. Tell FSB to start the vetting process on him.”

“Mr. Prime Minister, I do believe that it would be in your best interest to let the President chair the cabinet meeting today or cancel the meeting due to the influx of applicants for minister positions.”

Serebrov sat down, attentively watching the American news. He knew that the President’s speech wasn’t received well. Serebrov’s entire career depended on the President, and he wouldn’t let the President lower his approval ratings. But then again, they could always be edited. Serebrov could address the State Duma and Federation Council in a joint session himself if he had to.

“Your excellency...”

“Oh, uh, what was that? Oh you want me to drop the cabinet meeting? Sure that would be appreciated, thank you.”
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
YANG GANG 2020

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:34 am

Alexei Chudov
Today at 7:33 PM

I am proud to announce my run for President! Together, we will make Russia a new country of free markets and opportunities.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:32 am

Boris Vasilyevich Konovalov

Governor Konovalov's private Gulfstream G650 jet landed in Moscow's Domodedovo Airport and parked in a secluded apron, as he did not wish to arrive open in the public space. Boris had been one of the most popular regional leaders in all Russia, and one of the richest too, he daresay. It is why he chose to depart in a private jet, tens of millions of dollars for one, instead of taking his Rolls-Royce or helicopter. It gave people a sense of majesty and wealth, two most important things for people to run offices. As of now, his goals required those the most. Boris was a cautious man; he had everything planned from the start, and he meant to do the support to Serebrov and Zhirov as discreet and thin as possible, enabling him to swerve fastly if things ever gone out of hand. Several of his aides walked behind him, and his secretary also. He entered a Cadillac prepared in the airport's parking lot. His phone flared in the car.

Boris saw the caller's number, and was not so pleased about it. Savenkov had tried to contact him again; he had a mind to ignore it, but it would not be possible given the ever-growing tensions inside the party. While the man had certainly been Boris' friend and supporter since he was on the State Duma, he would need to maintain a good face to both Zhirov and Savenkov; taking the neutral ground is the best place to defend. "Privyet. What is it, Valentin?"

"You came into Moscow without announcing me? Quite a surprise. Usually you would thought of me first," came the voice. Boris flinched; he was agitated with the response. "I am on urgent need, Valentin. I can spare little on pleasantries," he answered.

"Running off the Kremlin, more like." Boris flinched even more. "Do tell our General Secretary there that his speech wasn't well received. Especially, with many the red politicians. I had to evade them and their comments in the building, and that usually did not seem to be a good thing." The term, he thought, was more of a derogatory now. "If you have an insight about what is happening with him and his beloved Prime Minister…"

The man was very demanding, and Boris was every inch wanted to keep him away from business, even when he had proved to be an ally before. "Hui znaet? For all I heard, the man was not even interested on getting out of the Kremlin nowadays. You are the one on the Duma, you should have the better view on him. And with all kinds of people vying for a chair in the capital, this is a turbulent time. I thought you're the best on schemes and plots here." He could hear Savenkov sighing on the other side. "I will be watching." The call ended.

The rest of the journey had been stagnant and somewhat boring, with only him in the car. The rest of his aides he had sent into Four Seasons, preparing his activity for a week in the capital, not far from the Kremlin. He wanted the meeting four-eyes only. Soon, the Cathedral of the Archangel appeared in front of his car, a sign of the palace. His cadillac stopped in front of the white palace's great doors, and he entered to found a myriad of FSB agents scanning him and his remaining aides. The interior seemed to be full of guards as well, though Boris never saw the point of massive-scale securities packed into corridors. It didn't took him long to find the Prime Minister's office; he passed Georgievsky Hall in the path. He knocked thrice on the office door and entered.

"Privyet, Serebrov…"

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
- Romans 2:18

A proud Conservative. I like Trump even though I'm not American.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Serebrov opened the door when he heard Konovalov enter his office.

Privyet, Konovalov. Please, find a seat” Serebrov replied, going through his files, looking for the one on Konovalov.

“Welcome to the Kremlin. I assume you’re here to ask for a position here. A Federal Minister maybe, or maybe you’re here to apply for the Deputy Prime Minister position?”
YANG GANG 2020

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:21 pm

Arkady Sapozhnik

Flight to Moscow, Russia

Sapozhnik had woken early the following day with the intention of getting in to Moscow for just after noon. The trip to London Stanstead where his jet was based, combined with a trip lasting just over three hours and the time difference from London to Moscow meant that he was set to be at his meeting with Zhirov at the Novo-Ogaryovo estate for 1pm. Inside the lavish baroque style bedroom Sapozhnik was getting changed to prepare for the discussions, putting on one of his designer suits and a watch that costed six figures. Outside he could hear Marija talking to one of Serebrov's assistants, letting them know that he would come see the Prime Minister after first meeting with the President. One knock on the door was followed by her entrance. "The Prime Minister is eager to meet, apparently. Do you think he has some power, or is just some ass-kissing monkey?" She said, chuckling. She held out her phone towards him, currently showing the BBC website. "I found something."

A small number of English-language articles had been published since Zhirov's speech covering the election, but detail had been minimal. Foreign desks at many a paper were lacking, western press freedoms hindered by cost and the public's interest, or lack thereof. Still, Marija had spent the morning scouring websites to see if there was any mention of her employer's name. One small thing had been found under the coverage of the British state-funded broadcaster in its piece on the elections.

"Surprise contenders?

...the billionaire is more famous here for running a football club than a country, though he has previously worked in the Duma. He had hinted at a Presidential run recently, though bookmakers consider it him an outsider for the moment...
"

"Not exactly what I said, but coverage is coverage. Who wrote this, their Russian correspondent?" He flicked up to find the name, fingering the screen. "Make a note of him." Atypical, but Sapozhnik had made an effort to court the opinion of western journalists during his time in London high society, primarily through charitable endeavors. He returned the phone to his aide, then gestured for her to join him on one of the leather sofas beside the window. Wrapping an arm around her, they gazed out towards the Baltic Sea on the way to Moscow.

He had first decided to buy himself a private jet in the late 90s, taking advantage of the crumbling of a Hawaiian airline to purchase one of their Boeing 767s at a discounted rate, flaunting it is a symbol of his flagrant wealth. Purchased for around $100,000,000, refittment and furnishing had added over ten million dollars to the price, and that was topped off another couple of million being spent on security, with the jet even possessing its own anti-ballistic defence system. It became the latest must-have toy for the new Russian billionaire, and was particularly useful for Arkady during his time working in Sverdlovsk Oblast. Governor Sapozhnik could easily fly into Yekaterinburg in the morning, deal with any business that needed accounting for and then be back in Moscow or Saint Petersburg for dinner. After moving to London, his need for a jet had subsided. However, the bigger issue was that when everyone had a private jet, then it meant almost nothing. One could not impress industry rivals or would-be associates, for they were all as filthily rich as one another. For the most part the jet had devolved into a treat to his much poorer friends, a venue for charity dinnners, a setting for discussions with impressionable journalists and politicians, and a discreet means of conducting business with a young man or women that had caught his eye. Today was important however, he had state leaders to meet with and a political system that he needed to make sure was still looking out for him.

Upon landing one aide was sent away with his things to wait at his Rublyovka mansion. A limousine meanwhile lay in waiting for Sapozhnik to take him and Marija from the airport to the President's residence in Odintsovsky. A flash of his identification had them swiftly past the security guarding the place where an staffer was waiting for them at the entrance. Figuring an introduction was unnecessary, he merely explained that, "I'm here to see the President."

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Aleksei Ivan Ivanow

Aleksei exited the Duma, clearly, nothing more was happening in there. He was on his way home when he had a crazy idea. But first, he needed to phone some people. He made the essential phone calls, and soon the whole process of setting up a rally for a cause of bringing Russia closer to Europe was set in motion. Aleksei then took out his phone and accessed his VK account he then made a small post

Aleksei Ivan Ivanow
Come in two weeks at Academician Sakharov Prospekt for a rally to bring Russia closer to Europe at 11 a.m
#RussiaTogehterWithWorld

A smile formed across his face as he realized hat he done. He was pretty sure not many people would come, but still, he would make the best he can out of it. He rushed home to plan what he wanted to say
Last edited by Endem on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Prodniz Kyrlyakov
Today at 11:40 PM

I hereby announce my run for President of Russia! We must fight for equality and freedom against the oligarchs and the tyrants!
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Prodniz Kyrlyakov

Europe is a land of imperialist ambition. It is a land of blood and of death. Let us destroy with fire and brimstone the tentacles of the European beast! I will be holding a counterprotest, at the same time, at the same place, for all those that oppose European integration. #DeathtotheWest

Aleksei Ivan Ivanow
Come in two weeks near Alexander's the First statue for a rally to bring Russia closer to Europe at 11 a.m
#RussiaToghterWithWorld
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:57 pm

President Vassili Zhirov
Novo-Ogaryovo

The staffer nodded, “privet, Mr. Sapozhnik, I presume? The president has been expecting you. He led the Sapozhnik to the President’s meeting hall.”

Privet, I see you’re here to see me? Been a long time since your involvement in the Kremlin, hasn’t it?” Zhirov said inviting Sapozhnik and Marija to sit.
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:00 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:(Image)
Prodniz Kyrlyakov

I hereby announce my run for President of Russia! We must fight for equality and freedom against the oligarchs and the tyrants!

Alexei Chudov
Today at 11:49 PM

The only thing you reds are afraid of is progress! The old communist system limited basic freedoms, now we have freedom, and the LDP will further the quality of life of Russians.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:04 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:(Image)
Prodniz Kyrlyakov

Alexei Chudov

The only thing you reds are afraid of is progress! The old communist system limited basic freedoms, now we have freedom, and the LDP will further the quality of life of Russians.

Prodniz Kyrlyakov
Today at 12:02 AM

What freedom? The freedom to starve? The freedom to be a slave? In the old communist system, people were fed, housed and given basic needs and fulfillment. You are right in terms of personal freedoms, and that is why I support a more free form of communism as opposed to the one of the old union. I supported glasnost, and I do not regret it.
Please Watch

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:21 pm

Arkady Sapozhnik

Novo-Ogaryovo, Odintsovsky, Moscow Oblast, Russia

He gave a nod and followed the woman to the meeting hall, glancing either side as he walked down the corridor. Things were similar, but also unfamiliar. A touch less extravagant than they were when he had first got involved in politics, and each and every one of them was revelling in their newfound wealth.

"Privet, Mr. President." He greeted, giving a slight nod of his head. Sapozhnik raised a finger, glancing over his shoulder and pointing slightly behind him, gesturing for his aide to remain standing at the back of the room. He took a seat for himself while she watched on from afar as if it were nothing and offered his hand to shake. "It has been a while. I remember when this estate looked different too, it's changed since Nechayev... I don't like it," he grinned, making an uneasy joke.

"I've been entertaining myself with some western ventures for a number of years now. Football, charity work, some investment in Silicon Valley start-ups here and there, but it has all grown a little... boring, to me." Sapozhnik gave a shrug. "I have a lot of time, and even more money, but quite no idea what to do with it. And so I thought, patriot that I am, why not offer my help to the country that has so greatly provided for me. The calling of elections caught me off-guard, I had not expected them to be called so soon. I enjoy stability, see. And so I was wondering, why don't I offer to assist you in providing Russia with the stability it has so greatly enjoyed these past years."

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:27 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Prodniz Kyrlyakov

Europe is a land of imperialist ambition. It is a land of blood and of death. Let us destroy with fire and brimstone the tentacles of the European beast! I will be holding a counterprotest, at the same time, at the same place, for all those that oppose European integration. #DeathtotheWest

Aleksei Ivan Ivanow
Come in two weeks near Alexander's the First statue for a rally to bring Russia closer to Europe at 11 a.m
#RussiaToghterWithWorld

Aleksei Ivan Ivanow

Are you afraid that with the West the end will come to the Red? The Russian people were oppressed by the Reds for so long, I'm trying to give Russia a new breath and new opportunity. To everyone in the world Russia is this big antagonistic country, I want them to see as friends and allies #RussiaTogetherWithWorld
Last edited by Endem on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:39 pm

Endem wrote:

Aleksei Ivan Ivanow
#RussiaToghterWithWorld

Aleksei Ivan Ivanow

Are you afraid that with the West the end will come to the Red? The Russian people were oppressed by the Reds for so long, I'm trying to give Russia a new breath and new opportunity. To everyone in the world Russia is this big antagonistic country, I want them to see as friends and allies #RussiaTogetherWithWorld

Prodniz Kyrlyakov

I do not make allies with imperialists who bathe in the blood of innocents. I do not support those who force children to die of cholera and back apartheid states. In fact, I abhor and condemn them with the strongest language possible. Look at the human rights abuses of the West and then look me back in the eye and say you want to ally with them. #DeathtotheWest
Please Watch

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:42 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Endem wrote:
Aleksei Ivan Ivanow

Prodniz Kyrlyakov

I do not make allies with imperialists who bathe in the blood of innocents. I do not support those who force children to die of cholera and back apartheid states. In fact, I abhor and condemn them with the strongest language possible. Look at the human rights abuses of the West and then look me back in the eye and say you want to ally with them. #DeathtotheWest

Aleksei Ivan Ivanow

Neither are we without sin or something to be condemned off, but, unlike us, they said they done it and done so much to try and help recover from their mistakes the one these affected. We just cover everything up #RussiaTogetherWithWorld

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:43 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:(Image)
Alexei Chudov

Prodniz Kyrlyakov

What freedom? The freedom to starve? The freedom to be a slave? In the old communist system, people were fed, housed and given basic needs and fulfillment. You are right in terms of personal freedoms, and that is why I support a more free form of communism as opposed to the one of the old union. I supported glasnost, and I do not regret it.

Alexei Chudov
Today at 12:10 AM

Shut up old man! The communist party is full of oldies like you that can’t handle their precious iron fist government being dissolved, and spurt propaganda like this! Didn’t Stalin also promise greater personal freedoms?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Aureumterra wrote:

Alexei Chudov
Today at 12:10 AM

Shut up old man! The communist party is full of oldies like you that can’t handle their precious iron fist government being dissolved, and spurt propaganda like this! Didn’t Stalin also promise greater personal freedoms?

Prodniz Kyrlyakov

Today at 12:48 AM

You're only 5 years younger than me, so joke's on you.
Please Watch

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:49 pm

President Vassili Zhirov
Novo-Ograyovo

Zhirov shook Sapozhnik’s hand. He raised an eyebrow after listening to his offer, “And… how would you plan on doing this? I have made quite a few decisions to make, specifically regarding my run for a second term. I am leaning towards making an announcement, but I have not made a decisive statement yet. I do expect that the PM will run if I decide not to, however. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.”
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse