NATION

PASSWORD

Meatless burgers are Satan's work

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

I think..

..tis the very devil's work and should be banned
19%
..it's delicious and ethical
22%
..it's a lot of fuss over nothing
30%
..it's crucial to our development as human beings
9%
..does Hasselhoff eat it? That's really the key to making my mind up.
9%
..I want to click alternative polls
6%
..other
5%

Total votes : 278

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Meatless burgers are Satan's work

Postby Bombadil » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:02 pm

When you go to your favorite fast food restaurant, you are going to be eating a fake hamburger. You’re going to go to the grocery store and buy a pound of fake hamburger or a fake steak, and you won’t know that it was grown in some big corporation’s laboratory. This is the nightmare world that they are taking us into. They’re changing God’s creation. Why? Because they want to be God....

God is an environmentalist. He takes this very seriously. He created this planet, he created the universe and he’s watching these Luciferians destroy this planet, destroy the animal kingdom, destroy the plant kingdom, change human DNA. Why? They want to change human DNA so that you can’t be born again. That’s where they’re going with this, to change the DNA of humans so it will be impossible for a human to be born again. They want to create a race of soulless creatures on this planet.

Link

Well quite..

I recently tried my first meatless burger the other week. It was fine, I'm not sure why it causes such a fuss. Even as a stock there's a load of hype.

Beyond Meat's post-IPO rally surges to more than 680% as short sellers lose hundreds of millions

I don't eat meat but I don't particularly care for something that tastes like meat but isn't meat. One of the many reasons I gave up meat was being bored of near every meal being 'meat' with some irrelevant vegetable on the plate just to pretend we're not just eating a slab of meat. I'd rather a little more variety and imagination in our food than replicating a piece of meat.

What I don't understand is the fuss over it all.

Have you tried it, do you like it, would you give up meat given there's the alternative or do you fear it's all merely a plot to separate us from the good lord above?
Last edited by Bombadil on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:04 pm

I’ll try a meatless burger with real bacon.
Last edited by Galloism on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:10 pm

I fail to see how not killing a cow to eat a hamburger somehow makes me the spawn of Satan who wants to make it "impossible for a human to be born again." But you know what, sure.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:14 pm

Heloin wrote:I fail to see how not killing a cow to eat a hamburger somehow makes me the spawn of Satan who wants to make it "impossible for a human to be born again." But you know what, sure.

Altering God's creation is a sin, and all cows are exactly as they were first created by God.

Clearly the guy has done fuck all research into the meat industry.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:18 pm

That new impossible burger sounds promising.

Brightlake
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Brightlake » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:20 pm

I'm not the hippie vegetarian/ vegan/ stuffs but how you could feed 9 billion people, sustaining water supply, and not affecting energy production with today practice of unsustain cattle farming that waste big amount of land, energy, and feed that actually could be food. Some already advising insect powder as alternative protein resources since need very little amount of space, energy, water & feed. the powder then could be reshape and flavored as chicken, pork, beef or anything you could imagine.

Meat is delicious but what is your solution to keep our diet as it is but keep this world to running ?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Brightlake wrote:I'm not the hippie vegetarian/ vegan/ stuffs but how you could feed 9 billion people, sustaining water supply, and not affecting energy production with today practice of unsustain cattle farming that waste big amount of land, energy, and feed that actually could be food. Some already advising insect powder as alternative protein resources since need very little amount of space, energy, water & feed. the powder then could be reshape and flavored as chicken, pork, beef or anything you could imagine.

Meat is delicious but what is your solution to keep our diet as it is but keep this world to running ?

Well ...
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Meatless burgers are Satan’s work.
Meatless burgers that taste like meat are God’s work.

That’s how I feel, at least.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Catsfern wrote:That new impossible burger sounds promising.

The Impossible vs Beyond Meat battle is gearing up as the business war of the century.

Impossible Foods' funding round also included A-list celebrities like Jay-Z, Trevor Noah, Questlove, and Serena Williams. Meanwhile, Beyond Meat boasts celebrity endorsers like Leonardo DiCaprio, Snoop Dogg, and Kyrie Irving.

Hard to choose but..

Last month, in honor of the Beyond Meat IPO, the team at Renaissance Capital pitted the Beyond Burger against its fiercest rival, the Impossible Burger.

And the winner was… real beef.

Despite having mostly positive things to say about the two meat substitutes, analysts overwhelmingly preferred the taste of natural meat , with the exception of the office's vegetarians and semi-vegetarian. Our team felt that when it comes to burgers, "nothing beats the real thing." The runner-up was the Impossible Burger ; if given the choice between Beyond and Impossible, the choice was unanimous in picking Impossible.

Link

The one I tried, now you remind me, was the Impossible Burger, as a burger it was fine, as a taco it was fucking awful.

十年

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Brightlake wrote:I'm not the hippie vegetarian/ vegan/ stuffs but how you could feed 9 billion people, sustaining water supply, and not affecting energy production with today practice of unsustain cattle farming that waste big amount of land, energy, and feed that actually could be food. Some already advising insect powder as alternative protein resources since need very little amount of space, energy, water & feed. the powder then could be reshape and flavored as chicken, pork, beef or anything you could imagine.

Well ...

When saying 'I feel like some Chinese tonight' takes on a literal meaning.

十年

Brightlake
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Brightlake » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Well ...

may be no need to be that extreme though. we still need the pleasure from eating the flavor, crunching the food, etc. the challenge is how to supply nutritionally sufficient, palatable, and sustain in same time.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:27 pm

This is a great marketing strategy.

Historically only the best meats have been banned by a major world religion.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:28 pm

I'd be mad, but I kind of think this would actually make an awesome movie plot.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Rhodesia-Zimbabwe
Secretary

Founded: Mar 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia-Zimbabwe » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:31 pm

I don't really care all that much about animal rights, but I think it's a good idea just based on the massive carbon footprint the alternative leaves.
I saw a terr on the bundu track
He had a landmine in his pack
When the troopies opened fire
They found his head in Bulawayo!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Brightlake wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Well ...

may be no need to be that extreme though. we still need the pleasure from eating the flavor, crunching the food, etc. the challenge is how to supply nutritionally sufficient, palatable, and sustain in same time.

You could make Soylent Green have all those properties. Actually, in Harry Harrison's Make Room! Make Room! Soylent Green comes up only once, in a passing comment by someone. Soylent products are soy plus lentils and come in lots of different forms.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Brightlake wrote:

You could make Soylent Green have all those properties. Actually, in Harry Harrison's Make Room! Make Room! Soylent Green comes up only once, in a passing comment by someone. Soylent products are soy plus lentils and come in lots of different forms.

I'm not eating Soylent Green unless they can assure me that I'm eating people. I don't want them padding it out with other none human things.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Wheres the option of "Not even the devil himself would condone this filth"
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Why did these assholes stop freaking out about bar codes? If it's the devils work then you don't get to stop being up in arms just because you lost the culture war and look like an asshole.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

I want real meat

Postby Christian Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Meat should be meat.

When I get a Berger I expect 100% beef, bacon I expect 100% beef or pork, Checken I expect 100% white meat, Turkey I expect 100% Turkey, for Deer i expect 100% white tail meat ETC, ETC!
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:48 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:Meat should be meat.

When I get a Berger I expect 100% beef, bacon I expect 100% beef or pork, Checken I expect 100% white meat, Turkey I expect 100% Turkey, for Deer i expect 100% white tail meat ETC, ETC!

Turkey Bacon.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Nothing can compare to an Angus beef burger, with yummy delicious *bacon and cheese.
* real bacon from pork, none of that turkey bullshit.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017

Postby Catsfern » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Mixing things like onions or bread crumbs into a patty can actually add a lot of flavor

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:52 pm

What?

The author of that article clearly didn’t thought it through. Where in the Bible is it stated that eating artificial food is evil?
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:53 pm

I find it too expensive nowadays though.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:What?

The author of that article clearly didn’t thought it through. Where in the Bible is it stated that eating artificial food is evil?

In all actuality, does it matter if it were in the bible? Religious dietary rules are fucking stupid. Somehow I don't think God gives a shit what you eat, so why let some religious person or religious tome dictate what you can and cannot eat?
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General