NATION

PASSWORD

supermodel Bella Hadidl offends Saudi Arabia

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

supermodel Bella Hadidl offends Saudi Arabia

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:53 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... ?ocid=AMZN

Everyone grab your anti cringe protective suits and put on your gasmasks cause I've got some major league trash for you today. SO, I'm sure you probably don't remembered Bella Hadid considering that I haven't even heard of her in years nor do I give a shit about the modelling community in general, but yesterday ladies and gentlemen, Bella Hadid crossed the line. how did she cross the line? Well in an Instagram post, she appeared to be kicking a plane from Saudi arabia, or rather her leg was raised in a way that looked like her foot was kicking a plane in the background. Anger and hate ensued and she was called racist and intolerant.

Bella quickly apologized and said she was proud of her Arab and Muslim side of the family, but of course some people are still angry. At this point my opinion comes in (it's been leaking in a bit already but it's really about to come out now). warning: you might be offended. If you can't take anything then please leave.

Alright, here it is. Bella Hadid is being criticized over garbage. Can we just take time to realize how stupid the triggered idiots who are going for her are?
#1. So a photo that appears to symbolize someone kicking a plane means they totally hate a country?
#2. How is Bella Hadid racist to arabs when she is an arab? What kind of logic is that? I mean how stupid are the Twitter and Instagram junkies who led the charge against her?
#3. It's wrong to disrespect Saudi arabia? Last time I checked that's a country where women are treated like cattle, people have their heads cut off, and the government shoots missiles at school buses full of kids just over the border in yemen. That's the country pushing for America to get into a war with iran because "Shia man bad" and "Persians evil" and whatever else they always ramble. So if you were among the crowd of people who called bella hadid out for disrespecting Saudi arabia, know this. I despise Saudi Arabia and think it's a barbaric hellhole. You're free to call me a racist if you want, considering I'm of half Arab descent as well and you'll look as stupid, but seriously screw the KSA. You're free to disagree but why are we supposed to show nothing but respect for "the Islamic holy land" when the Islamic holy land is run by a tyrannical regime that murders it's own people and controls their whole lives?

What are your opinions NSers? Do you think this has-been supermodel was in the wrong or should people stop defending Saudi Arabia so much?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:56 am

News cycle is slow today. Thats what I think.

Mojave Confederation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mojave Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:59 am

If it offend the Sauds, then good. The world need to kick the sauds down a peg.
Welcome to The Platinum Chip of The Wasteland, enjoy your stay!

Le Slavador
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Le Slavador » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:02 am

Just wanted to say that netizens are quick to react. Lots react quickly but judge poorly.

As for the rest of the matter, I really don't give a damn about the person, so I'll just say that whatever she thinks is her own views. Countering her criticism of KSA in this case might turn out to be a waste of energy.

Nakena wrote:News cycle is slow today. Thats what I think.

Looks like it.
I wanna be an ersatz republic (IC). I'm a male man who likes spontaneity (OOC). Can you guess the flag model? (IC).
This is a joke nation (OOC). Issues answered randomly (IC).

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Udonia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:05 am

Let's not forget what the Saudis did with American planes 18 years ago. KSA is a joke.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:12 am

Nakena wrote:News cycle is slow today. Thats what I think.

It's like that day when that news station in Austin claimed a woman caught a chupucabra but it was just a mange infested racoon. When the news gets slow, they get desperate and grab whatever shit they can throw on TV or in print
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 am

Saudi Arabia needs to grow a thicker skin. :lol2:
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Saudi Arabia needs to grow a thicker skin. :lol2:

Willing to bet you that the critics were potentially white left wing SJWs. I know like zero Muslims who even respect the existence of Saudi arabia. As far as they're concerned, the sooner the entire saud family is wiped out, the better

I'm sure the Saudis were offended too. They probably were part of the outrage because Allah forbid someone criticize them even when they really aren't
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:50 am

So is it racist for me to mock and criticize China despite being a full-blooded ethnic Chinese? Bella Hadid is brave to express herself as she did, ESPECIALLY coming from an Arab-Muslim background. Fuck Saudi Arabia and all that it stands for. Not racist at all.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:55 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Willing to bet you that the critics were potentially white left wing SJWs. I know like zero Muslims who even respect the existence of Saudi arabia. As far as they're concerned, the sooner the entire saud family is wiped out, the better

I'm sure the Saudis were offended too. They probably were part of the outrage because Allah forbid someone criticize them even when they really aren't

"Antifascists" defending an Islamofascist state. What's new?

If Muslims, especially Sunnis, are serious about defeating Saudi Arabia and their Salafi/Wahhabi ideology of hatred and bigotry, they can start by boycotting Hajj. I'm pretty sure the Qur'an permits this if it's for a good cause.
Last edited by New Bremerton on Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:02 am

That is one of the more convincing apologies I've ever seen in this sort of tempest in a teapot. I don't think she was trying to be offensive.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:06 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Could also be right-wing trolls doing a false-flag thing where they pretend to be offended SJWs. That seems to be increasingly common in recent years.

Hyper-sensitive Saudis are also possible.

But out of the 3 -- SJWs, right-wing trolls, or Saudis -- right-wing trolls would be my first guess.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

I don't think it was necessarily 'sjw's but it probably was done by Americans, white or Arab. I can only imagine dogmatic old Saudis caring, and the fact that there weren't more people posting FUCK THE SAUDIS points to less awareness of it in the Middle East, or at least less social media users. Even so, the 'white left wing SJWs' wouldn't be defending Saudi Arabia or have much of an opinion. For all we know, they could just be bots or users harassing her on purpose. My guess was a predominantly male group or a rich guy. Besides that, nobody else would do this. Although it could be China.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:00 pm

New Bremerton wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

"Antifascists" defending an Islamofascist state. What's new?

If Muslims, especially Sunnis, are serious about defeating Saudi Arabia and their Salafi/Wahhabi ideology of hatred and bigotry, they can start by boycotting Hajj. I'm pretty sure the Qur'an permits this if it's for a good cause.

Yeah no, not happening. Hajj is one of the 5 pillars of Al-Islam and every Muslim should strive to do so. I don't care if KSA was like North Korea, I'd still save up the money to go on Hajj. And yes I plan on going, sooner rather than later, but whatever Allah SWT has in store for me I'm content with.

And yes, this is a stupid thing to get mad over.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:12 pm

Is there a link to the picture?
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:18 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/bella-hadid-apologizes-for-instagram-post/ar-AAD1Rpj?ocid=AMZN

Everyone grab your anti cringe protective suits and put on your gasmasks cause I've got some major league trash for you today. SO, I'm sure you probably don't remembered Bella Hadid considering that I haven't even heard of her in years nor do I give a shit about the modelling community in general, but yesterday ladies and gentlemen, Bella Hadid crossed the line. how did she cross the line? Well in an Instagram post, she appeared to be kicking a plane from Saudi arabia, or rather her leg was raised in a way that looked like her foot was kicking a plane in the background. Anger and hate ensued and she was called racist and intolerant.

Bella quickly apologized and said she was proud of her Arab and Muslim side of the family, but of course some people are still angry. At this point my opinion comes in (it's been leaking in a bit already but it's really about to come out now). warning: you might be offended. If you can't take anything then please leave.

Alright, here it is. Bella Hadid is being criticized over garbage. Can we just take time to realize how stupid the triggered idiots who are going for her are?
#1. So a photo that appears to symbolize someone kicking a plane means they totally hate a country?
#2. How is Bella Hadid racist to arabs when she is an arab? What kind of logic is that? I mean how stupid are the Twitter and Instagram junkies who led the charge against her?
#3. It's wrong to disrespect Saudi arabia? Last time I checked that's a country where women are treated like cattle, people have their heads cut off, and the government shoots missiles at school buses full of kids just over the border in yemen. That's the country pushing for America to get into a war with iran because "Shia man bad" and "Persians evil" and whatever else they always ramble. So if you were among the crowd of people who called bella hadid out for disrespecting Saudi arabia, know this. I despise Saudi Arabia and think it's a barbaric hellhole. You're free to call me a racist if you want, considering I'm of half Arab descent as well and you'll look as stupid, but seriously screw the KSA. You're free to disagree but why are we supposed to show nothing but respect for "the Islamic holy land" when the Islamic holy land is run by a tyrannical regime that murders it's own people and controls their whole lives?

What are your opinions NSers? Do you think this has-been supermodel was in the wrong or should people stop defending Saudi Arabia so much?

I think you picked up on this to troll Saudi Arabia and anyone who might, for whatever reason, support them. "I despise Saudi Arabia and think it's a barbaric hellhole." The thread's locked, do not re-post.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General