NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:00 pm

I'm going to be writing the New America manifesto for the next few days, so I might look inactive, although I'll be working on the RP.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Y’know I might flip back from supporting Harris to supporting Biden.
Last edited by Meelducan on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:47 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I'm going to be writing the New America manifesto for the next few days, so I might look inactive, although I'll be working on the RP.

I HIGHLY recommend contacting Puertolano who plays Joh Stansky the two characters are twins separated at birth you could probably do more together than either could do separate
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Meelducan wrote:Y’know I might flip back from supporting Harris to supporting Biden.

Because she’s an authoritarian?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:56 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I'm going to be writing the New America manifesto for the next few days, so I might look inactive, although I'll be working on the RP.

Stev+Taylor still need to finish organizing the debate IC
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Dentali wrote:

I HIGHLY recommend contacting Puertolano who plays Joh Stansky the two characters are twins separated at birth you could probably do more together than either could do separate

Stansky hates the Progressives, they'd just end up at war. That could be fun too ofc
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Dentali wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Y’know I might flip back from supporting Harris to supporting Biden.

Oh no, I agree with her on most of her issues. She’s just losing a bit of steam with how contested the primary is.

I mean the majority of them should know that they don’t have a chance of getting anywhere close to the nomination *cough*John Delaney *cough*
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:42 pm

We should be officially moving forward with the Stevenson confirmation hearing in the Congress thread starting tomorrow, as we wrap up the White House meeting. The hearings will be the same as previous ones, and for in-character timing, can be considered to take place immediately following the Mondale confirmation. Any character chatter relating to that, or attitudes from it, can be carried forward in-thread.

For the CBG, the current operating plan is to set the deadline for all pre-game discussions and activities at the end of this week. Next weekend, the Stevenson-Taylor debate will be held in that thread, and the game itself will follow.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Kelvinsi, should I assume that De Nieto will be approaching Appleby in his rounds as well?
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 pm

As an out-of-character note for Dentali and Archipelago, we should decide where the Reed-Denisevich-Miller meeting is starting from. Would you prefer for Miller's Executive Order proposal to be the starting point of that discussion, or separate?
Male.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Prolieum wrote:Kelvinsi, should I assume that De Nieto will be approaching Appleby in his rounds as well?

Yeah

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Prolieum wrote:As an out-of-character note for Dentali and Archipelago, we should decide where the Reed-Denisevich-Miller meeting is starting from. Would you prefer for Miller's Executive Order proposal to be the starting point of that discussion, or separate?

What is with Reed and not being able to make it a week without something insane happening?

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Prolieum wrote:Kelvinsi, should I assume that De Nieto will be approaching Appleby in his rounds as well?

Yeah

Would you like to roleplay that out?
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Prolieum wrote:As an out-of-character note for Dentali and Archipelago, we should decide where the Reed-Denisevich-Miller meeting is starting from. Would you prefer for Miller's Executive Order proposal to be the starting point of that discussion, or separate?

What is with Reed and not being able to make it a week without something insane happening?

A mystical being of some sort would appear to have been affronted at some point during the campaign.
Male.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Yeah

Tmr, I have limited time today.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Prolieum wrote:

Tmr, I have limited time today.

Understood, I may make an introductory post of his approach.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Stansky hates the Progressives, they'd just end up at war. That could be fun too ofc

It'd be amazing to have two people so similar in ideology to hate one another

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Oh no, I agree with her on most of her issues. She’s just losing a bit of steam with how contested the primary is.

I mean the majority of them should know that they don’t have a chance of getting anywhere close to the nomination *cough*John Delaney *cough*

I'm from MD, i've met Delaney a few times regardless of his politics he's a great guy and the real deal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:00 pm

I think coming in guns blazing like that after the tweeting issues is not the best move...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:What is with Reed and not being able to make it a week without something insane happening?

A mystical being of some sort would appear to have been affronted at some point during the campaign.

The ENTIRE reason i took Simon as a character is because I wanted to tamper the craziness down a bit and bring a bit of stability.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Since I forgot to update y'all earlier: your threads are fine. You can read the full, re-clarified policy regarding thread limitations here.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Dentali wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

The ENTIRE reason i took Simon as a character is because I wanted to tamper the craziness down a bit and bring a bit of stability.

That was a beautiful dream, but it seems we are cursed, cursed with cray-cray.
Last edited by Bruke on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:28 pm

Need suggestions for weaknesses

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Dentali
Character Name: Sophie McLeod
Character Gender: F
Character Age: 51
Character Height: 5’3”
Character Weight: 132lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Mayor of Charleston
Appearance: Ashley Judd
Character State of Origin: South Carolina
Character State of Residence: South Carolina
Character Party Affiliation: Democrat
Main Strengths: Strong teachers union association, military background, humble origins
Main Weaknesses:
Biography: (Minimum 2-3 paragraphs)

Sophie is the youngest of 6 siblings and the first to be born in a hospital and not on the family farm. She grew up outside Blackville, South Carolina to Ruth Mainley and Duncan Mainley. Her father was from Mississippi and was a bastard and only son of a white father and a black mother, he was ostracized and after the death of his parents moved to South Carolina. His light skin enabled him to pass as white and settle down to start farming, converting from his family’s Catholic roots to Baptist. He would meet Ruth, who was Jewish, a short time later and marry her quickly starting a family. Sophie would be the youngest born in 1967.

The family was poor and while Sophie was exceptionally bright she was forced to go to poor public schools, though her mother would often privately tutor her and her siblings in the evenings. In order to help pay for college she would join the South Carolina National Guard serving as a member of the South Carolina C Company 1-151st Aviation in a non-combat role.

Graduating high school in 1985 she took a number of jobs in Charleston in order to save up money for college. Eventually she would meet Robert McLeod, who owned a small but expanding hardware store, they would marry in 1991. With the money saved, a loan and a scholarship she would attend Furman University graduating with a BA in 1995, 2nd in her class. She went on to receive her Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina school of law in 1997, and the following year she and a number of friends from college founded a small practice in Charleston. She would specialize in business law with an emphasis on small businesses like her husband’s. Sophie and Robert would have 2 children in this time.

In July of 2003 it was announced her national guard unit would be activated and deployed to Kosovo. She was stationed there in a non combat role until February of 2004, and then would return to private practice. She would become more and more involved in local politics until running for state senate in 2008, being elected to represent Charleston’s 42nd district. She would become known as a major advocate for education and criminal justice reform while remaining moderate on issues such as gun control and abortion.

In 2014 she would run for mayor of Charleston winning by a slim margin. She set out to become the “education mayor” reforming schools, increasing teacher pay and improving the quality of education in the city. Additionally she worked hard to fight the effects of pollution and protect against climate change which had been left unaddressed for many years famously saying “Charleston is on the front lines of the war against climate change”, frequently criticizing the state government for inaction. Finally she put a heavy focus on city maintenance, fixing potholes and broken windows.

She remained unable to combat homelessness and hunger in the city. Traffic issues grew effectively unchecked despite Sophie’s best efforts. In 2016 she would give the democratic response to the Republican Governor’s State of the State address and was considered a rising star in the party. She classifies herself as a “Pragmatic Progressive” and has frequently compromised with republicans to get progressive legislation done bending on guns, religious freedom and abortion.

Sophie is considering running for higher office.

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Dentali

Do Not Remove: 84721

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:01 am

What does she want to run for
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:24 am

Kyrusia wrote:Since I forgot to update y'all earlier: your threads are fine. You can read the full, re-clarified policy regarding thread limitations here.

Excellent, thank you very much.
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse