NATION

PASSWORD

ALIENS ARE EVERYWHERE

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

ALIENS ARE EVERYWHERE

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:21 am

Yes, I clickbaited you. Deal with it.

As of writing this, a new MIB has come out. I liked the originals better. It's release is irrelevant actually, but it brings us into the next subject: the men in black. Not the movies, the real ones. MIB is based off stories of these figures. In brief, they cover up alien sightings, harass ufologists, and wipe memories. The series is supposed to be humorous rather than accurate. It is established that the men in black work with the government, or at least claim to. However, the mib often have strange features only explained by assuming they are aliens. And they cover up alien sightings. Aliens hiding aliens? This shows the conspiracy theorists researchers are into something and millions of extraterrestrial sightings are made yearly. Only a few get wiped by estimation, but enough that less people know. This gives reason to believe there are aliens everywhere, or at least in a lot of places.

Opinions? Do aliens exist? Are they coming after me?
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:57 am

Oh, they're everywhere! Apparently, everyone not living on your nation is an alien! AHHHHH!

Okay, seriously now. Yes, I do believe extraterrestrials exist. I mean, considering how large the universe is, and how little we've explored of it, there's always the possibility we're not alone in this universe. And I like to think we aren't.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Democratic Empire of Romania
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Democratic Empire of Romania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 am

As Castellia said. The Universe is so big, there's a chanceof one out of idk for at least TWO planets with life. We have millions of possible places in the Milky Way alone !
Played since 2017.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:05 am

Considering how the Universe is so big and that there are estimated trillions of planets with Earth-like conditions, then I believe aliens do exist. Mysterious UFO sightings may prove the point, but I kind of have doubt that they were real... humans like to trick other humans. But change my mind, if you can :) I’m open to reasoning.

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:06 am

I believe there are aliens everywhere, perhaps on every planet capable of sustaining life.

Intelligent life, however, is seemingly impossible.
All shall tremble before me

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:09 am

Possible. The 'grey' depiction of aliens is pretty unlikely, though, and I don't imagine any would look very similar to humans except by sheer coincidence.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 am

Of course aliens are here, the government is just hideing it so there is not a panic.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:26 am

Aliens are humanoid, abduct people, and all the other culture stuff is true. If you disagree with me, you're wrong. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 13586.html

On a serious note, aircraft spottings are the only convincing proof that aliens are on Earth, the rest is really cheesy and unrealistic.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:27 am

Christian Confederation wrote:Of course aliens are here, the government is just hideing it so there is not a panic.

CAUGHT THE TIN FOIL HAT! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:49 am

Christian Confederation wrote:Of course aliens are here, the government is just hideing it so there is not a panic.

Poe's law.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 am

There has to be outside. In a galaxy far, far away, of course. Not sure about whether it is "A long, long time ago."

I'm not talking about alien conspiracies either. I mean, the universe is billions of light years across, so there definitely has to be someone out there.

If we are alone, it's a scary thought. If they are somewhere out there... let's just hope that they are not batshit like The Covenant from Halo, or that we are not in the Dead Space universe.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:06 am

Valentine Z wrote:There has to be outside. In a galaxy far, far away, of course. Not sure about whether it is "A long, long time ago."

I'm not talking about alien conspiracies either. I mean, the universe is billions of light years across, so there definitely has to be someone out there.

If we are alone, it's a scary thought. If they are somewhere out there... let's just hope that they are not batshit like The Covenant from Halo, or that we are not in the Dead Space universe.

It's somewhat less likely that there is intelligent or malevolent life. I don't think the most advanced aliens that we'd realistically encounter would be particularly more intelligent than octopuses and wouldn't try to kill humans unless we're small enough to be prey.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 am

Yes they exist somewhere. The galaxy, let alone the universe, is wayyyyy too big for humanity to be the only advanced sentient life out there.

Now are they out to get you?

No idea
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am

Valentine Z wrote:There has to be outside. In a galaxy far, far away, of course. Not sure about whether it is "A long, long time ago."

I agree. Being alone by ourselves with so much space to discover... it’s quite scary. And the type of scary I don’t know how to describe...

But then they may try to kill us so I may retract that statement.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am

Cekoviu wrote:

It's somewhat less likely that there is intelligent or malevolent life. I don't think the most advanced aliens that we'd realistically encounter would be particularly more intelligent than octopuses and wouldn't try to kill humans unless we're small enough to be prey.

I can only dream that somewhere out there, there is a planet full of elephant-sized kittens. :3 Screw the Square-Cube Law.

On a more serious note, I think even bacterial life will prove to be a milestone. I read somewhere before that there could be life on Jupiter's moons, or Neptune's moons (maybe under that blankets of ice). Again, I might have read that wrongly, but if we are lucky, we could find some in our own Solar System.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 am

Who told you my secr-

Secret...uh...secret recipe? For pecan pie? Totally not referring to my other completely non-existent secret about being from outer space. Which I’m not. I’m definitely one of you humans.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Valehart
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 13, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Valehart » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:22 am

I honestly believe that there is extraterrestrial life out there, but I'll go on a tangent and say that the likelihood we'll ever get a chance to meet other sentient life is pretty much impossible.

The Universe is big; there's bound to be others out there, but it's so expansive that there's no way to ever really communicate with them, let alone travel to them. And there are a million ways that they can go extinct.
(Which is called the Great Filter, which is related to the Fermi Paradox in that there are barriers that prevent life going from simple microscopic specs to interstellar empires and whatnot).

But I digress, there has to be at least simple forms of life in our solar system. Life, uh, finds a way
VALEHART >> VISIT TODAY << FACTBOOK UPVOTES ARE APPRECIATED : - )

A VENUSIAN CLOUD CITY-STATE // "WHILE EARTH CRUMBLED, VENUS ENDURED! VENTURE ON, VALEHART!" — ANONYMOUS
VALEHART: "If Cyberpunk 2077 and The Expanse had a baby" // "Essentially a libertarian Singapore / Hong Kong but on Venus." // "NEWS.V.OS" // "Spotify Playlist" // "Original Art" //

Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:26 am

I don't think there are aliens but we should have an alien defense force in case.
NS Parliament: Arnold Delbert; National People's Party

This nation is not entirely representative of my views. I've had some fun with the stats and I want to keep them that way.

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:33 am

Eh, shit. If they know how to play defender on FIFA, I'm fine.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:35 am

Aliens exist. Whether they’re on a technological level at or above our own - or whether they even exist in a way we can recognize as life - remains to be seen.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:35 am

I think it is overwhelmingly likely there are other sentient and even spacefaring species in this galaxy and maybe thousands or millions in the entire universe, but they haven't been here and the reported UFO sightings are just manmade objects.

I think it may be likely that exceeding the speed of light is truly impossible regardless of any technological advancements, therefore most of the species of this universe will never run into each other.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2018

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:38 am

Of course aliens exist, the universe is too big for there not to be.

If we encounter a lot of sentient life, then that means we're behind the Great Filter. And that means we may go extinct. If we encounter an abundance of non-sentient life, then that means we're past the Great Filter. And that we're mostly alone in the galaxy.
I'm an autistic 19 year old who used to read a library's worth of books.

Call me JA. It's easier than typing out Japanese Americans.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:50 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Yes, I clickbaited you. Deal with it.

As of writing this, a new MIB has come out. I liked the originals better. It's release is irrelevant actually, but it brings us into the next subject: the men in black. Not the movies, the real ones. MIB is based off stories of these figures. In brief, they cover up alien sightings, harass ufologists, and wipe memories. The series is supposed to be humorous rather than accurate. It is established that the men in black work with the government, or at least claim to. However, the mib often have strange features only explained by assuming they are aliens. And they cover up alien sightings. Aliens hiding aliens? This shows the conspiracy theorists researchers are into something and millions of extraterrestrial sightings are made yearly. Only a few get wiped by estimation, but enough that less people know. This gives reason to believe there are aliens everywhere, or at least in a lot of places.

Opinions? Do aliens exist? Are they coming after me?

Coming after you? I wish they would. :roll:
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:03 pm

The Japanese Americans wrote:Of course aliens exist, the universe is too big for there not to be.

If we encounter a lot of sentient life, then that means we're behind the Great Filter. And that means we may go extinct. If we encounter an abundance of non-sentient life, then that means we're past the Great Filter. And that we're mostly alone in the galaxy.

Encountering one sentient species more advanced could mean a lot of damage.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:30 pm

Communist Zombie Horde wrote:I don't think there are aliens but we should have an alien defense force in case.

Bring back Star Wars!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General