NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA 8- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:41 pm

NSSCRA: ONE RACE WIN FOR COCOABOS, ONE BIG LEAP FOR SCIENCE?
Exhibition race result could mean good things for Tropicorp

by Maria Muller

TUNDRA FALLS - For the very first time in the history of the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association, a human will not be awarded the race victory.

No, this is not because of a dead tie or some other thing in the rulebook that causes the results of a race to be nullified. It's because the winner of this season's Exhibition at Tundra Falls is not a human, but a bird. Cocoabo #78, one of the Tropicorp company's genetic experiments, took the checkered flag here at the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds superspeedway. River Suzgar of Vilita & Turori Motorsports took second place; the driver of the #14 Dart is thus considered the fastest human in the race. Suzgar beat third placer Thea Alvarez, driver of the #46 Chadwick for St. Kanye's Glorious Free Republic Motorsports, by a nose to the line; fourth was Alex Knight (#6) of Hampton Island Racing, followed by Jebslunder Eva Kerman (#13), Alvarez's teammate Jeremiah Brooke (#18), Team Cassadaigua's Jenna Logan (#11), another Cocoabo (#28), Suzgar's teammate Yraaga Gilli'i (#41), and rounding out the top ten is Knight's teammate Kevin Cosgrove (#22).

Other notable results include Skip Stiller, GFR's third driver, finishing eleventh in the #3 Chadwick; Gordon Orton of Xanneria's KRD Team Iona driving the #16 Knox to thirteenth place, highest of all new drivers; Hampton Islander Lexi Patterson (#30) ending up sixteenth in her first appearance as a full-timer for Jebslund; Sherpa Kai Qiang settling for seventeenth in the #44 TMW, after starting on pole; Ben Carpenter (#84), of Esmerel's Phoenician Racing, at twenty-first, highest of all new teams, and in an unchartered and unsponsored car at that; A7DXZ5, a self-driving car from the nation of Wagensvolk, at twenty-ninth; Anavella Ariiki (#88), the Cocoabos' human teammate, at thirty-sixth; and reigning titleholder Stacie Houston (#27) at forty-fourth (third from last) after having a tire burst halfway through the race.

The three Yeezies followed up their good qualifying positions for the Exhibition with equally good runs, with each one leading at least six laps. They each did their own thing during the race; Stiller raced the frontrunners hard, including Suzgar and Qiang. "Yes, it's an exhibition, and yes, I have to flex my muscles early so that the newcomers know and the oldtimers remember what they'll be dealing with when they attempt to get past me", said the veteran. "Some of the newcomers are big deals back in their respective countries. Hapilopper and Esmerel brought pros. They obviously know their stuff back home, but I want to see how they will hold up against some of the best in the world. I didn't let anyone intimidate me back when I started, and look where I am."

Brooke rode drafts and relied on patient passing to earn a top ten in his first NSSCRA race back after the accident at Xanneria. While he said that he could have been happier with a win, he admitted that he thought it felt good to be back. "Not only did I miss the cars and tracks, I also missed my friends. I gave Stacie [Houston] a hug. Qiang came to me and asked if I still wanted to go to his hometown, and I said sure. Dude looked surprised to see me. Well, I told him, I decided to work out to appear more mature. And how do I know that's what he was thinking? My mother also gave me that look when I came to visit last month." Brooke's next aim is to get a win and snap his streak from last season. He retreated to his hauler after the interview with the press to watch race footage and talk to his crew about setups. "The guy could give those Jebslunders a run for their money when it comes to being diligent", commented Stiller.

Alvarez, meanwhile, had some of the faster pit stops of the day. "I'm really happy with how my crew did on those stops", she said. "We really worked together and got rewarded for it." Like Brooke, she went to chat with other drivers before the race, in this case Lexi Patterson. "I told her how happy I am for the opportunity that has been given to her. I understand her situation since we come from the same background, racing karts, and we're both an inspiration to young women everywhere." Alvarez also gave an opinion on Cocoabo #78's win. "I think it's an incredible win. Not only for the bird, but also the people who made it possible for birds to drive, and even win. I'm sure the scientific community will take notice. Also, I think it's cute. The bird, I mean. I'd hug it, but I'm afraid I might spook it."

According to GFR's Sage Caldwell, who was on standby for the team, some scientists from Tropicorp were seen yelling and cheering after Cocoabo #78 crossed the start/finish line. "Yeah, that'd make me happy too if I was one of them. To see my creation do great things, and also because of the added investor and grant money that's sure to come our way", said Sage. He then added, "Hey, if a bird can win, so can I."

The series will return to the Proving Grounds next week for the first points race of the eighth NSSCRA season, the Tundra Falls 500. No requests for the open charter have been made; hometown driver Ashley Matthews might show up, while GFR has not expressed interest. All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.

OFFICIAL STANDINGS - Race 0 of 30 (Exhibition)

1. #78 Cocoabo #78 (TRP)
2. #14 River Suzgar (VNT)
3. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK)
4. #6 Alex Knight (HAM)
5. #13 Eva Kerman (JEB)
6. #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK)
11. #3 Skip Stiller (STK)

DRIVER POINTS

N/A

NEXT RACE

Tundra Falls 500, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

New Northwesteros
Envoy

Founded: May 21, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Northwesteros » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:28 pm

DNQs DISAPPOINT DIREWOLF DRIVERS

by Eddy Lively

TUNDRA FALLS - Direwolf Auto Team, the Northwesterosi team in the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association (NSSCRA), has high hopes for their maiden season, recruiting two veterans from other nations' circuits. However, to the dismay of Norwestie race fans, neither of these two drivers were able to qualify for the Exhibition at Tundra Falls to start the season. Paul Nystrom, who drives the #21 Argoil Chadwick, spoke to reporters a day after qualifying. "I feel the pressure got to me. I'm a proven winner on the Kanyean circuits. I had a reputation to uphold. But I went out there looking like a helpless kid on the first day of school. I need to get my head in the game. I'll take all the time I can, not only to practice, but also to take in the atmosphere, mingle with foreign drivers, things like that."

Direwolf's other driver, Liuyong Xu, was even more disappointed. Said the Sherpa-born driver of the #99 Prime Insurance Chadwick, "Two seasons ago I got in exhibition race. I qualify third. Actual race at start of season [the Tundra Falls 500], I qualify twelfth. Season ending race [the Proving Grounds 500], ninth. Now, zero [did not qualify]. Maybe it's also pressure. I'm in [a] new country, with [a] new car, I think I must make myself more familiar with everything. I will do what Paul [Nystrom] will do. Familiarize."

The eighth NSSCRA season's Tundra Falls 500 is coming in a week, and once again, all of New Northwesteros will be seeing if Nystrom and Xu make any progress, get into the race, and hopefully finish well. "We will rely on your support", said Nystrom.

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Setting: Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, shortly after the race

Stafford City Speedway CEO: Good job, Kevin, but I am not completely happy.

Kevin Cosgrove: Thank you, this is not an easy spot to get a top ten.

CEO: And you know you must do better then you did last year here. We guarantee we will not have a battery failure like we did last time here.

Cosgrove: I am not worried about that. We’ll be fine.

CEO: Like I said, I am not totally happy with you.

Cosgrove: Why not?

CEO: On three separate occasions, you were helping Lexi Patterson draft and move up through the field.

Cosgrove: So? She was helping me too. She is really learning to become a better race car driver.

CEO: That’s the problem. She is not supposed to become a better race car driver. If she does, then we look stupid for getting rid of her. I do not like to look stupid.

Cosgrove: Why would you look stupid, you discovered her. It may have been an unconventional discovery, but if anything, you look good.

CEO: If we paid her properly, it might have, but everyone knows now that we pocketed most of her earnings. Now, she is racing for another country and doing good in it. You are not supposed to help that. By helping her, you make it look like we are still on good terms with her.

Cosgrove: I am going to do what it takes to win or get the best possible finish. I owe it to my race team, to Shellshock Batteries and all the smaller sponsors, and to all the people who work on this race car. If it means that I help Lexi Patterson along the way, then I am going to do it.

CEO: Not if I tell you to stop.

Cosgrove: I am not going to stop, and you really can’t do anything about it.

CEO: Don’t bet on that.

Cosgrove: You have no say on my NSSCRA career. And on that note I don’t know why I am still talking to you. I only have to answer to my team and to Shellshock. Not you. F– you.

CEO: You just made a big mistake.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hapilopper » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:28 am

Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan
The day before qualifying

In spite of not qualifying for last weekend’s exhibition race, Chet Byrd had actually enjoyed himself this past week in Newmanistan, taking in the sights and sounds of a nation he had heard about, but never actually visited. One of the perks of his final year racing was getting to enjoy lands he had always been told about, always read about in books and always watched television shows about, but due to his busy schedule, he had never had the opportunity to visit.

Not many people knew it, but Byrd being out and about kept him away from “Fat Chuck” Tennyson, his obnoxious sponsor who had apparently been trying to contact him about personal appearances. It was the first, and potentially only, year of Fat Chuck’s Tasty Fried Chicken as the sponsor of Chet Byrd, after years and years of sponsorship from the Polymer Oil Company, a sponsorship that went away in the middle of last year when a Hapiloppian government investigation learned of extensive environmental wrongdoing by Polymer. Something about illegal dumping in a wildlife refuge, and the use of illegal substances in their oil products, including. Polymer was fined billions, and the sponsorship just went away. Enter “Fat Chuck.”

Chet shuddered at the thought of the commercials. Fat Chuck’s was known for some of the most aggressively obnoxious ads on television. Tennyson would dress as a stereotypical farmer, act like a stereotypically uncouth Southerner, and spoke in only one volume: Disgustingly loud.

“HI, I’M FAT CHUCK TENN’SON, OF FAT CHUCK’S TASTAY FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIED CHICK’N, AND HAVE I GOTA DEEEEEEEEEL F’YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!” the commercials would start, every single time. Weirdly, when he wasn’t around a camera or an adoring crowd, Tennyson sounded like a college professor. Not many people knew how much of a put-on his act was, but Byrd had found out pretty quickly. He also found out that Tennyson was not the nicest person in the world, and wanted so badly to say something to someone, anyone, but he realized that being sponsored was kind of nice.

As Byrd returned to the track, the day before qualifying, he found Marty Lewis in the hospitality tent, waiting for him with a stack of messages several inches thick. Lewis, the head of racing operations for the Preston Automobile Company, was not in a positive mood, primarily because of who had sent those messages. Lewis, a short, tanned grey-haired man, was known for being one of the more jovial people in Hapiloppian racing, and known just as well for his pranks, but he was in no mood for practical jokes.

“Do you realize that Chuck Tennyson has been trying to contact you for the last several days?” Lewis spit out. “I have, here, about a hundred messages, each increasingly desperate and furious, demanding you get a hold of him! Apparently you never responded to his cell phone calls, either.”
“I went out to enjoy Newmanistan,” Byrd said sheepishly. “I just wanted to get away.”

“I know, but answer your phone next time,” Lewis said. “You…you…you… that guy was screaming at me. I didn’t know what to tell him. You know, he’s got some issues and you need to contact him right now so you can get this out of the way. Otherwise he’s going to keep blowing up our phones and getting madder and madder. So call him right now.”

Chet sat down at a table, took a deep breath, and called his sponsor. He was fearing what would be on the other end of the line, and shuddered when he heard that very distinctive voice. “Yello?”

“Mr. Tennyson… it’s Chet Byrd. I understand you wanted to talk to me.”

Tennyson responded with a vicious torrent of expletives, insults and put-downs directed to his driver. Others in the hospitality tent, including driver Chris Holmes, could hear the nastiness, even though Chet wasn’t even on speaker phone. Chet Byrd had been a jackass to people in the past, and he had been known to not be the nicest driver to race against. But nobody deserved this kind of vitriol that was being lashed his way.

“Listen, sir, I apologize for…” were pretty much the only words Chet could get out. That led to an even more vicious volley of hatred fired his way.

Lynn Davis, the stock car reporter for Venerable Television and Darius Buford, stock car reporter for the Hapilopper Television Network, both walked in for a pre-arranged interview with Holmes. Holmes only pointed at Chet, on the verge of tears, being eviscerated by Fat Chuck Tennyson. The two could only look at each other, then at Chet, as he so badly wanted to hang up the phone, but if he did, it would only get worse.

Holmes reached for his phone as Chet put his down. Everyone could hear Fat Chuck shouting over the phone, about insubordination, not answering phone calls and honoring the terms of his contract. Then he hung up. “You ignore one more of my phone calls, boy, and you’ll be out on your butt!”

Davis and Buford looked shocked. They weren’t naïve, they knew that people that appeared on television often didn’t act that way in real life. But they were stunned at the pure venom that had been unleashed on Chet Byrd. They had heard stories about Fat Chuck Tennyson, and heard he wasn’t that great of a person off-camera. Still, they couldn’t believe the extent of which he had eviscerated this man, whose only offense was not answering his phone.

“Do you mind if we reschedule this interview to after qualifying?” Holmes said to the two reporters. “I actually feel kind of sick right now. I can’t believe the audacity of that dude. I’m getting out of here.”

“Uh, Chris, I’m on deadline,” Darius said sheepishly.

“I don’t give a damn. I really don’t feel like talking right now,” Chris responded nonchalantly.

Chris Holmes exited the hospitality tent, sick to his stomach at what he had just heard, and walked to the NSSCRA garage, where a few fans milled around, marveling at the dozens of cars from all over the world, hoping to get an autograph of some driver. Not many recognized Holmes, as Hapiloppians were still not that well-known around the world. There was the Hapilopper National Baseball Team who had become minor celebrities in Newmanistan, but Holmes, Byrd and Frank Bronson were hardly household names in Newmanistan.

Holmes was more than happy to sign autographs for the fans, even as other drivers walked past, not even acknowledging the presence of them. “I hope this will be worth something,” Holmes said to the fans. “I’m kind of new at this and I’m hoping I can maybe win a couple of races before the year’s out.”

After signing whatever the fans had for him, Holmes walked to his garage, sat on the hood of his car and put his hands to his face. He still couldn’t believe the way his teammate had been shouted at.

What he didn’t know, after leaving the hospitality tent, was that Davis and Buford had sat down with Byrd to speak about the way he had been shouted at. Since they didn’t have a recording of Fat Chuck’s diatribe, they really couldn’t write a story about it, but both ended up calling their organization’s offices in Hapilopper City to tell their editors what had happened.

Buford was told to stand down. Fat Chuck’s was a major sponsor of HTN. Davis, on the other hand, was told that Venerable News’s business reporter, Kyle Cobb, and investigative reporter Amanda Green would be called to look at Fat Chuck’s, to see if there was any sort of internal wrongdoing within the company.

“You don’t think this will cost Chet another sponsor, do you?” Lynn asked.

“That’s not our concern,” the editor said. “We’ve been hearing some low-level rumblings for a few years now.”
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Post 1.

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:34 pm

The Valentians - The First Time For Everything (The Introduction)

It has been… well, since never, that the Valentians have found themselves in the course of a NSSCRA racetrack. They have finally made it, they thought to themselves. It was not because of the fact that they have to convince Valentijn; that part was easy, and the man himself is a fan of stock car racing. The only reason that he didn’t come to race was due to them hearing that self-driving cars are not allowed, and Valentijn, being 60-meters tall, is definitely not the kind of person to drive a normal car. Even for the Valentians it was difficult to remodel their car; for Gwen, Clarissa, and Jolyn, they have to modify the internals of the cars such that they can fit their tall, tall bodies into the vehicles that they were going to race in. The logistics also proved to be rather difficult, since this is Valentine Z’s first foray into the world of stock car racing. However, as luck would have it, the logistic problems were fixed for and helped out by other nations around in the universe that the races are taking place in.

Neither of the three of them were experienced racers, but all three of them were enthusiastic to race and try their very best. After all, they all have their legendary Valentian happiness that people are talking about, though for some, the cheerful demeanour is seen as a bit on the creepy side. They told themselves to ignore the other racers for the time being, and to minimise interaction and talk unless they approached them first. This semi-SOP was meant as a safeguard, in case the three of them get suckered or talked into something that they cannot possibly ignore. The Valentians are friendly people, but it takes a special kind of someone to trust them, as many have put it.

The three racers are Clarissa, Gwen, and Jolyn, shortly put. They were chosen to represent the Valentians mainly because they are high-ranking personnel and close friends of Valentijn, the leader of Valentine Z. Some would call this nepotism, but Valentijn was aware of the implication; he chose to have these three go for the race simply because the Valentians were extremely new to this style of racing, especially with other people, and as a result, he figured that he would send those that are closer to him as a test of some sorts. The pit crews are other Valentian personnel, having dropped their weapons and abilities in order to make it fair for everyone involved - i.e. other than their heights, they will simply use whatever human abilities they have; nothing else, no other enhancements, no time-shifting, no super-strength, nothing… perhaps minus their height advantage. The Valentians were there to race as people, not going for a military exercise.

Exuberant Superintendent T-1000/2904 Surveillant Clarissa Alanis Star Breya « La Amoureux Chéri » Millie Taissa Butterfly Mélody Coraline Jolijn Trini Clementine Hollie Samantha Zeta Harumi is her convoluted name, as with many of the Valentians. People around simply called her Clarissa, a faithful android and wife of Valentijn with the consciousness of a human replicated down to the core. She recently has acquired herself a liquid metal body which would allow her to change form to anyway she likes, but of course, for the race, she was limited to 8 feet, and her munitions and weapon systems were muted and turned off, with multiple failsafes applied to it.

Vice Foresittend Jolyn Maxine Caulfield Moira “Неуловимая, Женщина-шпион” Marlene Wendy Lucille Lapis Jill Khorosheva Nvt. Zolina łnt. Natasha Vasilisa Helen Ceeta Anna W. Maximovna is her name, though she would usually go by Jolyn Helen Ceeta, or Jolyn Maxine Caulfield, or a combination of many other names plus her first one. Standing exactly at 8 feet as well, she reckoned that her time as a spy and driving getaway cars in many espionage missions will help her out with the race. She also would be able to control time to a certain extent, but only for herself; she would not be able to stop the entire race and get 400 meters ahead, but she could certainly slow down the flow of time in order to give her a faster reaction speed. Despite all this power, Jolyn reckons that she will not need them and will not use them unless a life-threatening crash is to happen to her or anyone else around her; to do otherwise would be unfair, she thought.

“Cheers, Loves!” she shouts out her catchphrase. Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn “Fate of Existence and the Omniverse” Ellen Trixie Caitlin Foxworthy Avril Verlene Eveline Celinda Sammy Doris Wt. Oxton Arielle Lindall Leslie Vitesse Allison is the last but not the very least of the three. Much to her surprise and somewhat of a disappointment, she was told that she would have to go for qualifying races instead of being in the usual roster like Clarissa and Jolyn already were in. On one hand, she showed a bit of dismay at the decision (though of course, given their rookie status, she respected the choice). On the more positive note, that would mean that her 10 feet stature would not be encapsulated in the stock car that was relatively miniscule for her. Despite her callsign and name, Gwen would answer that she has never changed the fates and courses of anyone else, and instead only would be used for “other purposes”, not for serious plays.

“Well, this is the place!” Jolyn announced, “From what I have been told, this is where we are going to rest in, and our vehicles were on the lower level. We are free to check them out, but they will know if we temper it, or something… Don’t count on me for this statement because I am not sure, but the point is, you cannot install aftermarket enhancements and instead only performance-tuning or interior adjustments. Our other Valentian friends are on the lower floor, so we can talk to them freely as we wish.”

“I think I will need to adjust my car a lot more,” Gwen said to the two others, “I mean… look at me. I am tall as all heck!”

In the meantime, Clarissa was looking around the accommodation that they got, as well as trying out the uniforms that they were given. Clarissa would be wearing her signature light blue and dark blue combo; Jolyn would be wearing brown with green; Gwen would be wearing sky blue with neon green.

After cooking up some instant noodles and eating together, the three of them prepared to sleep for the big day tomorrow. It was earlier than their usual sleep time but it turned out to be useful; Clarissa managed to put herself in a sleep mode just fine, but Jolyn and Gwen would be rolling around in their beds for a good 30 mins because of their excitement for the race the next day. For them, winning can be considered a secondary; what is important is that they are able to race for the first time on the rather international grounds.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:34 pm

The Valentians - Exhibition Qualifying @ Tundra Falls Proving Grounds

“It’s the very first race,” Gwen would talk to herself, amongst her other peers - Clarissa and Jolyn. It was slightly unusual for Clarissa to be the same height as Jolyn, and certainly shorter than Gwen; after all, her default go-to height would be 57.50 meters, but for this race, the rules (at least, from what they have heard) were that there could not be any remotely-operated vehicles due to the hazard that they might provide. Clarissa would at first scoff at the idea that she would be unsafe, but once again, since they are still the rookies of these races (and even the veterans, from what they can see, follows the rules), what chance do they have in defying the rules? “Avoid conflict as much as possible,” as Valentijn said to everyone on a daily basis.

They looked around the other racers from various other nations, who were all minding their own businesses. The Valentians could have sworn that a few of them were looking at them from time-to-time; after all, the Valentians were certainly standing out from the crowd compared to the others. For now, they have decided to mind their own businesses as well, preferring to keep quiet and get the races done to their best performances, while keeping low the attention to themselves. The Valentians are a friendly bunch, but sometimes, they do get anxious when there are a lot of people around them; besides, this is a race with some stakes involved, so there is no telling on whether these people are going to be friendly in return to them.

Wishing each other luck, Clarissa, Jolyn, and Gwen climbed onboard their respective cars, with Gwen having some difficulty, but being able to pull through it. “Seat’s pretty uncomfortable,” she said in the chatter to the Valentian pit crew, “I think I also couldn’t see that properly, like… it’s like I cannot coordinate myself too well between the road and the steering wheel.”

“I’m sure you will get used to it,” Jolyn remarked, while Clarissa could be heard humming a small little tune to herself.

The Proving Grounds, given that it is a speedway, has no such problem for the other racers, it seems. They were all able to perform to the best of their abilities, and they have certainly given Clarissa and Jolyn a great deal of a challenge. Going in a straight line and accelerating was no problem, but the turns were proving to be a challenge. This was made even worse for Gwen who was in a rather uncomfortable spot in her car; she could see outside of her just fine, but the fact that she was looking at it from the back of the car was disorienting her. The viewing angle and perspective was such that Gwen was seeing the internals of the car much more than the outside. Clarissa and Jolyn, on the other hand, has no such issues with their vehicles. 8 feet is already much taller than an average human but at least they were not 10 feet tall.

It went rather well for Jolyn and Clarissa with the Proving Grounds. Jolyn managed a time of 59.268 seconds, while Clarissa managed a time of 59.470 seconds. Compared to others, they did not do so well and ranked 54th and 58th respectively out of the 62 racers. 5th from last and 3rd from last if they only counted under the Guaranteed Charter list.

“Well, we did it anyway, ha hah!” Clarissa exclaimed with an excessive amount of energy in her voice, “This is so very awesome and fun! I’m going to take lots of photos and videos to remember this by, and to show my dearest Vallie and our other friends!”

Gwen, on the other hand, was looking at the “List of Qualifiers” for the race. Her actual name was way too long for the boards, so she figured that she would search for a name beginning with G.

“Gordon… G-… There’s no other G in this list! Goodness, this cannot be it! I tried my best, I really do,” Gwen was talking to herself in disbelief, “I know I have to get in, right? Will I get in for the rest of the races?”

Much to her dismay, she didn’t qualify for the Exhibition Race. “56 #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) *Q* 59.387”, the scoreboard reads in red. She was the 3rd last amongst the list of drivers that need to be qualified.

She hung her head in shame, trying to avoid the gaze of anyone else that might be looking back at her. Jolyn and Clarissa finished their celebration and hi-fives early and followed Gwen along, trying to cheer her up.

“Well, I never thought it will have to come this way,” Gwen told them, “I got disqualified as soon as the first race? I don’t think I will be going in anymore.”

“Wait, what do you mean… ‘anymore’?” Jolyn asked her, genuinely confused by what Gwen has said to the both of them.

“You know, how a disqualification means that you are out for good.”

Clarissa and Jolyn looked at one another in confusion, then some amusement, and then laughter. Gwen was confused, slightly offended that the two friends of hers were laughing at her defeat. It was, on the contrary.

“Hahah, what?” Jolyn started off after laughing her guts out, “Gwen… this qualification is not for ALL races. This is for SINGLE race. The Exhibition Race!”

“Yeah!” Clarissa joined in on the fun, “You just did not qualify for this race; you will still be able to go and qualify for the other races that are coming up!”

“Ohhhhh!” Gwen exclaimed and laughed, looking back at how foolishly let-down she was for being disqualified for the race, “Well, then my thoughts were pretty irrational, and I was sad over pretty much nothing, ha hah!”

“My goodness, Gwen, you are such an adorkable person!” Jolyn exclaimed back at her, who in-turn was happy to see one of her friends brighten up and smile again, “Now, let us go out and have some dinner, and maybe look around and see what this place has to offer. It’s not everyday that you will be able to go out to other countries like this, you know?”

“Oooh, please don’t drink either!” Clarissa reminded the two of them, “You and I have a race to go for, and as for Gwen, I guess you can let your head down a little if you want.”

“Okay, ‘Mom’!” Gwen playfully teased at Clarissa, logging off from the kiosk that she used to check her score and so the three of them went off.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:35 pm

an opinion piece from IRACT's website

शेर्वी | 中文 | English

And Now A Word About Our Sponsors
by Chang Houzhi

‭Racing is not the only sport that has corporate sponsors, but it is the only sport where they have so much influence over who gets to compete and who is able to win. The Guilin Pangolins have corporate sponsors, but Nak Attack Records can't go to the team and say, "Blingma is coming out with a new album so we want her to pitch your big game against Bengal." Pangolins management would tell them to get stuffed. and rightly so. If you turn on the TV, you can see athletes from a wide variety of sports serving as paid spokespeople to advertise different products, but when a baseball team or a football team is deciding which players to sign, they don't look for the one that has the best sponsorship deals.

‭And yet, in racing we have people like Lexi Patterson whose career is built on "marketability" and people like Nirav Dhimal whose career is built on having a rich dad that threw lots of money at a Sherpa Imperial Motorsports team. Those people honestly do not belong on the track, and with all the fuss about Patterson driving for Jebslund, it seems like a good time to discuss the issue.

‭IRACT's system of making people compete for NSSCRA charters weeds out some of the worst abuses in our own league, but we still have people like Li Liangmei that think they are entitled to special treatment and we have the Captain Kebabs and Carpet Khans that are held back by inadequate sponsorship funds. Rinzi Zakhilwal looks like he is on his way to a real career now, but just a year ago he could barely finish a race because he had so many mechanical problems. In any sport, wealthy people have easier access to training facilities, and an easier time affording the equipment they need, but in motor racing, the effects are much more pronounced. How many people are still out there in the same position that Zakhilwal was in a year ago?

‭There are legitimate reasons for corporate sponsorship to exist. Companies have brands and products they want to advertise, and we have costs that need to be covered. Some sponsorship deals are good. Highland Tire supplying us with tires is great. We need tires, and there is nothing wrong with telling people who makes them. The problem comes when companies like Starlight Suites or AutoModi or Sie Nah end up deciding who gets a shot at a real career and who doesn't.

Not everyone that has the ambition and talent to compete in NSSCRA is going to have Lexi Patterson's sex appeal or Tsering Chu's entrepreneurial ability or a wealthy patron who can help them get started the way Lakpa Fang did for Qiang Kai -- and they shouldn't need any of those things. None of that stuff has anything to do with a person's driving ability.

The question then is how we get the financial support we need without the favoritism, and the answer is that corporate sponsorships need to be tied to events, tracks, or racing leagues rather than individual drivers or cars. If Guangxi Telecom or Five Star Mobile buys the naming rights to a race, that doesn't favor one driver or another. I'm sure every racing fan in the Sherpa Empire knows what a Vilaye Energy Drink is even if they never looked too closely at the Vilitan cars because we hear about it every time someone mentions the pole award. In fact, it has become so well known that NSSCRA fans are caricatured in the media with a can of Vilaye in one hand and a rat on a stick in the other. The fact is there are plenty of ways to bring money into the sport without turning ourselves into walking billboards, and without turning NSSCRA into a popularity contest.

Helping companies advertise should be something athletes do in their free time, if they want to, not an essential step to getting a career off the ground. NSSCRA, IRACT, and SIMS will all be better for it if we can get corporate marketing out of the driver's seat.

Chang Houzhi is the crew chief for Qiang Kai's IRACT team #98 and NSSCRA team #44. He lives in Guilin, Guangxi.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Yogyakulta International Circuit
Yogyakulta, Pelita Raya Island, Filindostan
WGPC Grand Prix Filindostan Cepat - Pre-race activities

The WGPC paddock are busy with the pre-race preparations for the race later that day, including the Badai Angin WGPC team. In the morning after the warm-up session, a short program was conducted on the VIP and media access area where most of the fans are looking around and doing meet and greet sessions with local racers, most of which participated in the WGP3 finale which was held the day prior.

An announcement by some hosts paved the way for the announcement of a team that will be competing in the NSSCRA season, Badai Angin Tim Motorsport. The head of Badai Angin, Joko Ajartambun, came up the stage and started his announcement.

Joko Ajartambun: I would like to announce the launch of our NSSCRA team of the Badai Angin Tim Motorsport division, that will compete in the 8th season of the NSSCRA championship. We have consolidated the liquidated assets of the old Kissan Motorsport organization that competed two seasons ago, including the facilities, pit crew contracts, and engine and chassis blueprints.

The cars will be based from the Kecepatan, Badai Angin's top of the line four-door performance sedans, which is loosely based on the Kissan Kamikaze, and is marketed in Filindostan as such. We have used the NSSCRA standard stock car and put elements that will automatically identify that the car is a Kecepatan.

We have also signed a partnership with Gergarian tyre manufacturer Solymok Tyres' Megfogo STx variant for the season. Here are the cars tentatively competing for next season. I'll also introduce you to the President of Operations for the NSSCRA team, may you please welcome, Werner Ragos.

Werner Ragos: Thank you Mr. Ajartambun. I'm pleased to announce a three-team car for the upcoming season. We were able to procure two charters that will run the full season, and will be based from the previous numbers used by the spiritual predecessor team: #0 and #00. These rides are almost fully-funded, with main sponsorship from our partners, Descension, and Solymok respectively. The third car, #80, will not have a charter for this season and must qualify its way to the field. We also intend to use the open charter when the NSSCRA hits the track at the Yoggy Oval, with a number KISMO used in their sole season (#71). Details for this, driver and sponsorship, will be announced before the Filindostan round.

We opted to field two national veterans at stock car level - Hana Bhe, and Ilham Lukas Jenie (IL Jenie for short), and a young open-wheel driver in Franklin Egar to drive the #80. Sponsorship opportunities are open for the three teams. Without further ado, I'll introduce you the three drivers and their cars:

#0 descension / Badai Angin Kecepatan - Hana BHE

Hana Bhe is our primary driver, and is the recent champion of the national championship last season. She is sponsored by descension, which stipulated that she gets the primary ride for sponsorship on both the NSSCRA and WGPC teams of Badai Angin Tim. Descension will be on the hood of the #0 BA Kecepatan for a total of 25 races and will start at Race 2 in Cassadaigua. The remaining 5 races (Races 1, 8, 17, 20, and 30), will be self-sponsored by Badai Angin, or should there be any sponsorship opportunity arising.

#0 Solymok / Badai Angin Kecepatan - Ilham Lukas JENIE

IL Jenie is our second driver, and is the runner-up of the national championship last season. Solymok will be on the hood of the #00 BA Kecepatan for a total of 28 races and will start at Race 2 in Cassadaigua. The remaining 2 races (Races 1 and 8), will be self-sponsored by Badai Angin.

#80 Badai Angin Kecepatan - Franklin EGAR

Frank Egar is part of the young driver program of Badai Angin, and has been chosen to run the #80 for this season. Badai Angin will be on the hood of the #80 for all the races, unless a sponsorship opportunity arise. To explain the paint schemes he has, for the races that the #0 carries the Badai Angin Blue scheme, Frank will run a red alternate scheme listed first. Otherwise, he will run the #80 with the Badai Blue scheme instead.

Badai Angin and Solymok are also open for any NSSCRA team interested in a technical alliance in which the Badai Angin Kecepatan cars and the Solymok Megfogo tyres will be used by other teams. We'll keep you updated with the teams via our social media channels and the official Badai Angin Tim website. Thanks to all and good day to everyone.

Special thanks to the team sponsors: descension, Solymok, Cepat, Jakulta Health, Puroll, Yogyakulta Tourism Board, and VeniLoans.

OOC Notes:
1. Thanks to Xanneria for the template.
2. I plan to enter #71 as an open charter entry, and will run at Race 8 (our home race)
Last edited by Filindostan on Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:01 pm

posted on Spacebook

强凯

I am sick of hearing about Lexi Patterson. She tried to take advantage other people and got beat her own game. Move on.

To everyone that say they are so proud or she is inspiration to young women: Why?

What does she do that you are so proud?

When Maghen Sharpe or Ellie Lindkog finish is 16th, you don't say you are proud.

If I finish 16th and you tell me congratulations I will think you are insulting me.

So why you are proud of Lexi when she finish is 16th?

What does she inspire young women to do?

Try to be medicore at best?

Sing contract without reading it and cry when they get a bad deal, instead of read the contract befor ethey sign?

Take their clothes off for Vamos Papi commercial?

What is so much inspiration?

Other women has done better in NSSCRA. Other women also started racing very young. Other women are better role model. Other women I like more to take to bed. Thea Alvarez and Tsering Chu all of the above.

But Thea, if you read this, it is good that you never wanted to be more than friends. When I see you hopping on the bandwagon and lick Lexi's feet, I lose a little faith in humanity.

Lexi has had the world hand to her on a silver platter, and you morons keep saying like she has the hardest life in the world. Dozen if not hudreds of people take hours from their day to teach her how to race. They are professional people that have better things to do with their time. Other people find her pit crew for her. They spend AT LEAST some crore, maybe even hundreds millions of rupees for her to have the best training and equipment. They payed everything for her and organize everything so all she has to do is show up.

Nobody did that for me.

Nobody did that for Xu Liuyong or Huang Jia or Tsering Chu or Li Liangmei or Wang Dinggu or Carpet Khan.

Even before she went to Jebslund, her sponsor in Hampton Island already gave her professional training and all expense paid to race in NSSCRA. Most people never get opportunity like that, so you can stop screaming like murder about how mcuh she got payed. Do you thinks he is the only driver that ever raced for less money before they made a name for themself?

Lexi has had every advantage in the world. Stop pretending she has done something heroic just to show up after having so much help. It is insulting to the other people that overcome real problems and made careers in NSSCRA without having everything handed to them.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:09 pm

Lexi was absolutely exhausted.

Her day had started super early, even by the standards of her time in Jebslund. From oh-dark-something until breakfast, she and Eva, who was clearly used to such early starts, went over strategy and reviewed footage of both drivers' qualifying and exhibition runs, as well as footage from Eva's races last season, with Lexi making sure to ask every question that came to mind and take extensive notes of what Eva had to say (both about Lexi's racing and her own) for study later. During her time in the domestics, she'd found that the majority of Jebslunden drivers swapped tips and tricks regularly on race days, and taking notes was the best way to keep track of all the information. She had already amassed enough such notebooks that they took up an entire suitcase on their own (down from the four she'd needed until Eva showed her a more efficient way to pack them.), and they provided the bulk of her reading material when she was eating or on the toilet. Breakfast was twenty minutes, during which time she kept her nose in her notes from earlier, even as she had breakfast at a local cafe (A much less expensive one than she'd been used to in her home country. She was given a stipend for all races, and it was true that she got the largest chunk of the winnings, but 16th in an exhibition paid very little and her stipend, while generous by some standards, was one where every expense had to be carefully tracked, saving was permitted, and overly large purchases, as determined by Sie Nah's accounts division, were met with stern disapproval and requests to keep her spending reasonable.), the art of eating and reading without either activity being messed up having been an early adaptation to life in Jebslund's diligence-centered culture.

After breakfast was track time. As many practice laps as the track would allow, half with Eva also on the track with her (and ordered to give absolutely no quarter), and discussions with the pit crew Lexi had been assigned, all of whom either had domestic racing experience or were AIs programmed to analyse race footage at all times when not doing pit crew duties and none of whom were willing to suffer laziness or foolishness lightly. That she had managed to earn some respect from them was a testament to her willingness to do what it took to do things right, and that she benefited at all from their tutelage was proof of her willingness to learn, and her detailed notes of their instructions were the reading material she pored over during lunch at a local burger joint, which, while farther from the track than her quarters, was better than being cooped up in her room the whole time. In her ears were earbuds playing a podcast she'd dug up on racing from a legend in another country, putting to use another skill she'd picked up in Jebslund, the ability to have two different studies going on and still benefit from both.

Lunch was the affair of an hour, after which she had no more official training, but was still expected to study on her own, an expectation she made sure to fulfill. She had gotten to be here, and not sent home with severance pay, by working harder than she would have thought possible pre-Jebslund, and it would do her no good to stop now. Lexi's only detour was to stop by to see Kevin Cosgrove's pit crew to drop off a thank-you note for him, a token of gratitude for his sportsmanship, and then it was back to the footage and the books, putting what she'd learned today into use, until well past dinner.

And it had been like that every day since the exhibition. Sie Nah's directors had made it very clear to her that 16th would not be satisfactory for long. She had a lot of catching up to do to get to where she needed to be, and, unlike most of the other racers in NSSCRA, she hadn't had the benefit of years of experience racing or handling powerful vehicles. Her boyfriend's car was a toy compared to what she was handling now, and her go-karts hadn't really prepared her for the big leagues the way Jebslund's culture had. She had stopped wearing makeup since midway through the domestic leagues, except in commercials, because she hadn't really needed it. Nobody in Jebslund had really even seemed to notice. On the track, she'd never been Lexi Patterson, the model. She was just Lexi Patterson, a fellow racer looking to climb the rankings.

And climb she would, after she got a bath and some sleep. There were, after all, still two full days before the next qualifier. That meant two full days of closing the gap between her and the others.
Last edited by Jebslund on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:25 am

Tsering Chu sat in her dorm room munching on spring rolls and fried rice and watching the NSSCRA's preseason exhibition race on the TV. Her best friend, Mendok Sherpa, was there with her. Mendok was really shoveling the food in her face. She had always loved to eat, but even more now that she was pregnant. Luckily, sign language made it less disgusting when she decided to talk with her mouth full. They gossiped about their classes, their other friends, and of course the race.

Tsering felt a twinge of regret that she had decided to focus on her studies instead of returning for the new season of NSSCRA. She knew that education was important and it would be good for her to finish college, but she still was missing out on a lot of excitement. It was like being that health-conscious person who eats their vegetables instead of scarfing down a bucket of fried chicken: it might be good for you, but it just wasn't as much fun. It had been too long since she had been behind the wheel and felt the rush of driving at race speeds.

And she missed Kai Qiang. She had seen him very briefly when he came to visit Mendok before he left for Newmanistan, but other than that brief visit, she hadn't seen him since last fall. They talked about him. Mendok was disappointed that he had still not agreed to marry her, even though she was 8 months pregnant with Qiang's daughter. "You're too rough with him," Tsering signed, setting her chopsticks down between mouthfuls of rice so she could use her hands. "I wouldn't marry you either if I was in his position."

Mendok looked a little miffed. "Really?"

"Really."

"But you're my best friend!" Mendok signed with an exaggerated pout on her face to emphasize her intended meaning.

"You're not rough with me like you are with Qiang," Tsering answered.

"You're not a man. It wouldn't be hot doing that stuff with you."

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:54 am

The Valentians - Exhibition Race @ Tundra Falls Proving Grounds

It was a bright and sunny morning for the Valentian folks - Gwen, Jolyn, and Clarissa got up in a timely manner, all of them having more than enough rest to start off the day. They had their breakfast, Clarissa was fully charged up and ate even more and converted all that into energy, thanks to the little Mass-Energy converter that she has inside of her; every single bite, every single food that she ate, will be used with 100% efficiency.

After more filler and general conversations, it was time for Clarissa and Jolyn to make their mark in the history, if they can, at least. Gwen wished both of them the best of luck, with a slight bit of disappointment in her face, but she would nonetheless be glad that she at least has some time for herself, either to read up on the history of racing, or going back in time to the 20th Century to watch the various races from the first rows. She certainly has plans, but in an obviously non-intrusive manner and in another time. For now, Gwen simply fired up the TV and watched the race from the comfort of her room.

Jolyn and Clarissa got the reassurance from the rest of the Valentians and the pit crew, and with that, they have climbed into their various cars. Jolyn’s car is a rather normal one, save for the modifications that has to be done to the seat to make it more comfortable for her 8 feet frame. Other than that, it is at least something that you would expect and have a human be able to drive. Not so for Clarissa’s; her car was slightly modified in terms of appearance and controls - most of them are replaced with machine-language such as C++ or even Perl, and while the speedometer and tachometers were still present in their mechanical form, Clarissa made her car slightly more… electric. While they would not improve or “deprove” the performance of the machine, Clarissa will be able to plug in herself into the car to get more readouts and details of the car as a whole - tire statuses, car’s conditions, fuel status, engine status, aerodynamics, kinematics, frictional coefficients, temperatures, and all the other five-dollar words. The vehicle is not automated or auto-driven as per rules, but the information Clarissa has will be enormous for a human to comprehend and use. The question is, can Clarissa use this vast knowledge she has to get an edge in the races?

“Andddd they are off!” the announcer announced with a loud blare as the 40+ cars all roared and burned rubber along the speedway. Jolyn found herself wearing extra earmuffs under her headphones, with the roaring engine in the back giving her an earful. Clarissa would simply turn down the sensitivity of her ears, sometimes a little too much that the pit crew would have to shout at her to get her attention. The first segment of the race (i.e. the first few laps of the entire race) was where both Clarissa and Jolyn were having quite a disadvantage, having slow start-offs and ending up at the last few positions.

“Come on, Jolyn, we have to take over them!” Clarissa would exclaim to Jolyn.

“Yeah, but what chance do we have that we will make it to the top quickly? We can’t just ram other cars!”

“Hmm, good point! Well, let’s keep up and make sure that we can score a few positions!”

The second segment was also not too bad for Jolyn and Clarissa. Both of them climbed up a few positions (33rd for Jolyn, 37th for Clarissa) and the timings have slightly improved for them.

“The frictional coefficient of the tire is running lower! The LF (left-front) and RF (right-front) are getting some deterioration in gripping performance!” Clarissa exclaimed into the microphone, which in turn was given a hearty and confused reply from Jolyn and the pit crew of “WHAT?!”

“Oh, sorry! I mean that my tires are getting worse!” Clarissa clarified.

“Ahh, don’t worry, it will be fine for a few more laps… we are checking it up too, it should be able to hold you off for more later.”

“Well, if you say so! Here goes nothing!” Clarissa said back, quietly slamming down on the accelerator and making a few more laps.

The third segment would see a slight increase back in the lap times, but somehow, both Clarissa and Jolyn were still in their positions – 37th and 33rd. Jolyn would be talking about the heat, while Clarissa would see her processors heating up a little, but not enough to make the temperatures critical. After all, while she can survive up to 2000 °C, even temperatures as high as 1000 °C could spell some trouble for the Valentians’ blue robot. Still, the temperature of the interior of the car is at worst 45 °C, so it was still more or less fine for her. Not so well for Jolyn who is often see driving with one hand and taking large gulps from her water bottle.

The fourth segment was where there would be a huge displacements in positions. It seemed like it was time for most of the other racers to go for a pit stop, but Clarissa continued on and at a faster rate, catapulting her to 27th for that particular few laps. Jolyn, on the other hand, warned Clarissa about the implications, but Clarissa assured her that she would be fine for a few more laps. Jolyn simply nodded to herself, and made her way to the Valentian pit stop, getting a fresh set of tires and more gas.

“Ahh, Vice Foresittend Jolyn!” Chief Technician Jared Kev Jensen Benedict Angus “Technisch Wonder” Markeith Steven Maurice Mel Van Droogenbroeck Thorbjørn Miller Clement Samuel Joey Luca N X. Wout Van Den Borre… Chief Technician Jared for short, exclaimed towards the suffocating driver inside. He motioned another Valentian to get a portable fan for Jolyn, while he would talk to Jolyn about the vehicle’s status.

“So far, you are doing pretty well! The car is in perfect condition, the tires and gas changes are all that is needed, and you are good to go soon!”

“Thanks, Jared,” Jolyn would reply back, peeking her head out of the car to get some fresh air for the time being, “No one told me I needed some ice packs for this race!”

After getting the fresh tires, topped up gas, and a portable table battery-operated fan, Jolyn was once again ready to hit the road again, and so she did, getting an average of 36th for this segment.

“Uh-oh!” Clarissa would exclaim softly to herself, “Tire coefficients are critical! For all four of them! Pit crew, I will need to do a pit stop right now! My tires are going to blow up soon as soon as the next lap hits!”

“That’s not very good,” Jolyn would say with some snide in her voice, “Well, told you that you will need it, haha!”

“Well, at least I made it pretty far!” Clarissa replied back sweetly, heading to the pit stop route and requesting a change of tires and gas. Engine was more or less fine. Clarissa fell back to 36th.

On the other hand, Jolyn skyrocketed to 28th. Her timings for the laps were also significantly improved, much to her pleasing surprise. The portable fan has stopped working, and Jolyn was back to sweating yet again. She was simply not used to the hot weathers, given her life in Russia being one of the colder moments.

The last segment (sixth/determinant) was not looking too good for Clarissa and Jolyn. Clarissa fell back 3 places to 39th, while Jolyn reached as far as the 15th position for a few laps, doing a lot well for a rookie. However, that came with a cost; due to the excessive heat build-up, Jolyn semi-fainted and veered to the right, much to the exclamations from Clarissa and the pit crew.

“Jolyn, look OUT!” Clarissa’s loud voice would bring Jolyn back to the reality, but by the time that’s over, her car veered too much and hit-and-scratch the wall. Fortunately for everyone involved, it did not cause a crash and did not affect the other racers; however, it would knock her back to 36-38th positions, with her timings screwed up.

“Oh shit…” Jolyn cursed under her breath, “Clarissa, I’m so sorry! We gotta catch up quickly!”

The rest of the race was uneventful and normal. Gwen, at that moment, nearly jumped out of her seat and glued herself onto the TV, making sure and hoping that Jolyn was all right.

And the race was done, with Clarissa placing at 39th, and Jolyn placing at 37th. They were a little disappointed with the results, but at the end of the day, Clarissa and Jolyn gave each other a rather thoughtful look and hugged it out. Jolyn underwent a physical evaluation, and she would still be fit to drive. It was cited as minor heat exhaustion.

“I’m so sorry, Clarissa… I just blacked out for a second or two there. I am not used to the hotness in the car.”

“Nahhh, it’s fine! We still have a lot more races to run, so that is fine!” Clarissa would reply back with much energy inside her; unlike people, she doesn’t get tired from a day’s work, unless her batteries are extremely low, “Anyway, I am just happy that you didn’t get into a fatal crash!”

“Well, there is that one positive. I guess I could really use an A/C in my car, or a fan that will blow icy air. I’m not sure if I will be able to do this for long.”

Clarissa and Jolyn walked back towards their rooms, with Gwen waiting for them and three of them having a talk of their life. Gwen has basically saw everything as well and while was happy that Jolyn made it to as far as the 14th place, she was worried that Jolyn simply blacked out even for a few seconds. They would then discuss and wonder if they could ask the organisers to allow Jolyn to install an A/C in her stock car.

“I mean… it is technically not a performance modifier. It is not nitrous oxide or anything like that. It’s just to make Jolyn cooler, that is all!”

“We will have to ask. If they say no, that will be fine as well. I mean, I can still settle with an USB-operated fan, or something.”

“I guess we can talk about this slowly. The next race is going to be a few days later, so… it’s not going to be that much of a rush.”

And after a few more thoughtful conversations and having dinner once again, the duo decided to sleep it off, with Gwen going for a night exercise and running around a race track. This is especially so for Jolyn, since she nearly fainted today.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:14 am

Dunneot GT Racing Team - The NSSCRA Hub

[size=150]The Team
Dunneot GT Racing Team is the LAB-sanctioned team for NSSCRA. Despite the championship is for Stock Cars, the team keeps the particle "GT" as a nod to the main division of the team. The team is based in Sirenia, city in southern Lisander, and is organized by Dunneot automobile, a Lisanderian corporation building cars in nations like Vassiya, Grand Merina and Alesaria.

The Drivers[/size]

The Car

The Results

The News

Last edited by Lisander on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:39 am

Roamin' with Roman, meet the Golden Boy of Stock Car racing.

If you hear about a driver whose nickname is "Golden Boy", what does that bring to mind? Well in certain areas you think of rich kids whose daddy payed their way up the ladder, or who were charismatic enough to get someone else to do the heavy lifting. Team Iona's Golden Boy is different. Roman Gwinnit became a golden boy the hard way. Born in 2005, Roman was born and raised in Saint James, Allendowa he was surrounded by big equipment all his life. Despite a population of only 45,000, Saint James is an important community in in the Allendowa province as it is home to a Henrik one of the leading tractor and farm equipment manufacturers in Xanneria and it's located between the Provinces two main cities Briggs Level and Faiserville (Foreigners please refer to our map of Xanneria for this article). Being in the heart of the Dairlyland region of Xanneria, and living near one of the biggest factories for any type of farm equipment, Roman was exposed to a lot of transportation at an early age. His father Craig being and agent for the Henrik company, he dealt mostly in shipping and took little Roman to see Tractor Pulls and the Dirt track races at the Central Allendowa Fairgrounds race track. Eventually Gwinnet got a car to drive in the entry levels at the fairground and did fair enough at the old' dirt oval and contended with the champions of the track day in and day out.

But one day as fate would have it, a Pavement Late Model owner from the Fasierville area was driving through Saint James and decided to stop at the dirt track. It was supposed to be purely recreational for the man known as Jim Sanders, but Sanders had also had his driver at the time sign with a new team and head out to Western Carolina for a career in the Big Six Series. While at the Fairgrounds Dirt track he saw Hobby Stock driver he instantly knew he needed to hire. Roman Gwinnet would sign on to his team at the age of 17 and at 18 would become a fulltime racer. Gwinnett's first year out saw him as an 18 year old come second on the track championship, and it looked like he would have a chance at going one spot higher the next season, but first one more race was taking place.

The All-Xannerian 400 is the premier race for drivers of short track latemodel stock cars. Sanctioned each year at the Anderscroggin Foothills Farigrounds, the 400 lap race is one of the toughest and the narrow oval. (Same track will host an NSSCRA Race this year) The race has 44 of the toughest weekend warriors in the world competing, from legends such as Richie Tricker, and Wyatt Sauerbaum, to a Yoshii' named Dale Greenasaur from the Mushroom Kingdom, ran the 2023 All-Xannerian 400. The driver who stole the show that year was Gwinnett who lead 50 laps and finished third, in equipment most thought would plod in the back all day. This caught the the eye of executives who worked for Knox Motor company's Racing Division. Gwinnett was signed to a development deal and for the next three years raced in multiple different series, including XCAR Cup Series, XCAR Sportsmen, XCAR Pro truck, Big Six Stock Cars, Trans Xan, and even did some testing on Knox's public road cars. Then in 2028 at the age of 23 he made his multiverse debut in NSSCRA and was the most consistent driver of the four who drove for Team Iona. Now he's showing that he could be a successful multiverse driver as he has started to break into the big four of NSSCRA (Cas, VilTur, STK and Vang). While his season didn't get off to the best start and he got into a couplke of wrecks especially one where he checked up for the Stacie Houston / Centuar Tiones wreck only for Chris Holmes to run over him and send him spinning into the wounded Tiones. But other than that he took out his backup car for a Tuesday test session and ran a lap of 57.125, good enough for tenth on the time charts.

Whats next in store for the Golden Boy? Well Stay tuned......
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:40 pm

(OOC: All resemblances to real life names and Twitter handles are coincidental.)

18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Someone's reply to the last one (Qiang hasn't seen it):

酒醉龙
@drunkdragon

When you've been in the Chase twice, but you hit some debris and had to pit under green, that means you're a bad driver. :roll:
#NSSCRA

Esmerel
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esmerel » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:26 pm

17/06/2019
ALL ARTICLES >>> SPORTS ARTICLES >>> INTERNATIONAL >>> NSSCRA

Phoenician Racing: Sponsors On The Way, It Seems
By Luke Warner

With the Tundra Shootout over with and all of the drivers settling into the first stages of the NSSCRA season, there's many things to talk about. One thing at the moment, however, is Phoenician Racing, and their utter lack of sponsorship.

Unless you just now tuned into the NSSCRA coverage XBC and countless other Verse networks are providing, you'll know this much: the three cars of Esmerel's Phoenician Racing, the #82, #83 and #84, are stark black '03 Pontiac stock cars with no sponsors. A lack of sponsorship can both hinder the economical prosperity of a team and fail to create potentially memorable paint jobs. It is clear, though, that Phoenician's goal isn't to win on Sunday and sell on Monday. They're running a car model from a now entirely-defunct manufacturer.

What they do seem to be good at, though, is potential. Qualifying for the Tundra Shootout was open to all drivers to get a chance for pride and an undisclosed cash amount. The 40 chartered drivers would make it in regardless of their time (though going faster did help) while only 6 of the 22 non-chartered drivers would qualify for the event. Despite Phoenician being forced to pay out of their back pockets to attend NSSCRA-sanctioned events, their lead driver David Rockingham in the #82 posted the 17th fastest time, about half a second off the pole, while Ben Carpenter in the #84 succeeded in qualifying into the event by securing 20th, and the fifth fastest time of non-chartered drivers. He was about a second off the pole. The #83 of Joseph Rawlings ran into mechanical faults prior to their two-lap qualifying run, however, and qualified in 46th and last, only posting a time half a second off 45th and three seconds off the pole, as well as being the only driver to run a fastest lap of longer than one minute. Only their charter status guaranteed them a spot in the shootout.

In the 150-mile Shootout itself, the Phoenician cars never ran higher than 17th, with Rockingham running into problems late in the event and dropping several positions. All three drivers, however, completed the race and managed to keep their cars out of the wall. For the team, it was all they needed. A press statement by the team said "It's not ideal, but considering the odds stacked against us at the moment we'll more than take it."

The primary thing we learned from the Shootout was that there was potential in the team from Esmerel. And, according to a recent press release, that potential is likely to be boosted.

"We're working hard to finalize several sponsorship deals," they said on Saturday. "The cars will be fully sponsored soon, though we anticipate they won't be ready by the Tundra Falls 500. Not only does the sponsorship require negotiation, the paint schemes need to be designed and a template ready to apply to the chassis. Long story short, the paint schemes should be ready by the Grande Mountain 350."

Rumors are also circulating that Phoenician Racing is negotiating with Turorian company CoCoCo to run special sponsorship at select events in the schedule, though the team has refused to comment on this at the moment.

Qualifying for the Tundra Falls 500 will take place on the 18th of June, with the race on the 19th. XBC Sport will broadcast flag-to-flag coverage of the event, as will numerous other Verse channels.
"They condemn that which they do not understand."
-The national motto of Esmerel, translated
A near-future tech nation ruled by science and reason. Offers great civil liberty but minimal political or economic liberty, leaning authleft. Population of roughly 90 million on an island about the size of Latvia or West Virginia, 800km east of Maryland, US and 500km south of Nova Scotia. Visit today.
Want to know more about Esmerel? My factbook is seriously outdated, but feel free to peek.
WGPC participant from S15-S20. Achieved 8 poles, 7 wins, 15 podiums; runner-up WDC in S16 and WDC in S20. Brief but unsuccessful stints as team owner in WGP2 and NSSCRA.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 pm

NSSCRA PRESEASON PREVIEW: THE THIRD SEGMENT
More teams inside, including some newcomers!

by Claude Harlan and Kelsey Ratzenberger

Okay folks, we're only done talking about six of the teams in the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association's eighth season, and they're all teams that made an appearance at least last season. In today's article, we bring you.... some more old teams, just as a refresher, and finally, we get to know some newcomers as well. So what are you waiting for? We're green already!

KRD TEAM IONA
Origin: Xanneria (XAN)

The Xannerians had a sluggish start to the NSSCRA's seventh season, but showed flashes of brilliance toward the end. Let's see if that momentum carries them through the eighth season as they plan to join the ranks of such established stables as Team Cassadaigua, VTM and even GFR.

Second generation driver Eddie Walters Jr., one of the more experienced and popular drivers in the Xannerian league, leads the charge for KRD Team Iona, piloting the #10 Knox. Backing him up are #12 driver Roman Gwinnett, also known as the Golden Boy, whose highest finish to date is fourth in last season's Gryphon Supermarkets 250; and rookie Gordon Orton, an R&D driver back at home, in the unchartered #16.

VANNISH MOTORS RACING
Origin: Vangaziland (VNG)

Rumors surfaced last season that open wheel star Jessica Franssen will switch disciplines and get a full-time ride in the Vannish NSSCRA team. considered one of the series' powerhouses. However, Franssen instead focused on defending her WGPC title, and so no changes were made to VMR's threesome of #25 Kev Schorebrook, #50 Ellie Lindskog and #75 Floyd Hackerbee. Veterans Kev and Floyd had a surprise early exit in the Chase, and will look to rebound; young gun Ellie will hope for a return trip to the final round.

PHOENICIAN RACING
Origin: Esmerel (ESM)

Traditionally a WGPC power, the nation of Esmerel will send a team to NSSCRA for the first time. However, Phoenician Racing will be operating with a fraction of the budget that their open-wheel counterpart Brutus-Obey has. What the team lacks in funds, though, it makes up with talent, and it likely won't be long before the sponsorship deals start coming and give the team a much-needed financial boost.

David Rockingham is the heart of Phoenician Racing, partly responsible for its creation through his goal to show that Esmerel isn't just for WGPC, and also its head, as its star driver. Joseph Rawlings, being a former mechanic, understands his cars better than others and even helps set them up. Some people say that Ben Carpenter is only on the team because of his parents' money, while others think that the 21-year-old has a lot to prove. Respectively, the three will be driving identical blank black cars sequentially numbered #82, #83 and #84, of which only the first two have guaranteed charters.

BADAI ANGIN TIM MOTORSPORT
Origin: Filindostan (FID)

The open wheel invasion continues with another new team with a WGPC background, this time from Filindostan. Badai Angin built upon the remains of the defunct Ajian KISMO team that participated two seasons prior, but will be fielding all new cars and drivers.

Filindo series champ Hana Bhe and runner-up Ilham Lukas Jenie will occupy the team's two chartered cars, numbered single and double zero respectively in a nod to the two of the numbers used by KISMO in their only season of existence. The third car, #80, belongs to young prospect Franklin Egar. There will also be a part-time car (#71) that will run at the Yoggy Oval, but no driver has been announced yet. Unlike most teams, who use Tropicorp tires, BATM's cars will run on Solymoks.

ROCKET MOTORSPORTS
Origin: Newmanistan (NEW)

Let's now move on from one -stan to another. After failing to make the Chase again last season, the Newmanistanis experimented with a roster overhaul, and it looks like they'll be keeping a couple of their new drivers in for this season. Will this be a recipe for success, or will Rocket Motorsports keep playing their game of musical chairs?

If Esmerel has their black cars, Newmanistan's signature color is light blue. Surviving replacement is #5 Bryan Harrison, who gets to keep his charter. Some are saying that this gives him an incentive to do better, while others are arguing that after two seasons of being a mid-pack guy, the seat should have gone to someone else for a change. Meanwhile, Kevin Daniels is promoted to a full-time ride in the #24, and Travis Barkley inherits Shawn Curtis' old seat in the #48. Ashley Matthews, the former driver of the #24 before being replaced by Daniels, gets a reduced role and drops to part-time in the #59 car.

Still more to come in the next issues! We'll keep you posted on team profiles and everything else NSSCRA-related.

All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

NSSCRA 8 - Season 7 Wrap Up

Postby Tropicorp » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:28 am

Team Tropicorp prepare for Second NSSCRA Campaign

Team Tropicorp Headquarters, Tropicoast, Tropicorp :: A fresh-look Team Tropicorp prepared to head off to the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds in Newmanistan to kick off the NSSCRA's eigth season with a fresh new focus, increased funding and a desire to not only develop but compete at the highest level of stock car racing in the multiverse.
Team Tropicorp compete during the NSSCRA 7 Season

When news first broke of the existence of Team Tropicorp during the offseason between NSSCRA Season 6 and Season 7, it came from employees and visitors on the daily ferry from Turoki Island to Tropicoast spotting the construction of the Tropicorp Beach Course's high banked turn 1&2 section and subsequent testing of a stock car at the facility by Cocoabo #78. The team was being created as the host platform for the next stage in development for the Cocoabo Enrichment and Enhancement Project (CEEP). There was only so much that the Cocoabo who had progressed through the CEEP's Auto Racing program at Cocoabo Park could improve on while racing on the same track - The Cocoabo Park Circuit - against the same competition; their fellow Cocoabo. The team was part growth opportunity, part science experiment with a pair of Cocoabo from the Cocoabo Enrichment and Enhancement Project and a single Tropicorp Engineer with no prior first-hand auto racing experience joining the team as the baseline control.

The program had been kicked off in an attempt to duplicate the success of Cocoabo #23 on the World Grand Prix circuit. The so-called "Fast Cocoabo" had notched numerous Grand Prix victories and nearly claimed the World Grand Prix 2 Championship in their debut season. Some Tropicorp Engineers and Scientists attributed Cocoabo #23's success to their exposure in driving against the multiverses best competitors on varied internationstatal circuits outside the comfort of Cocoabo Park. Others suggested that Cocoabo #23 was simply more talented than the rest of the Cocoabo allowing them to stand out. It was the mission of Team Tropicorp to either prove or disprove that point in order to shape the future of the Cocoabo Enrichment and Enhancement Projects Motorsport development program.

The entire team was funded by Tropicorp itself though at various points throughout the season the Cars would adorn the logos of partner entities such as Cocoabo Park and the Cocoabo Preservation Society. Everything would change, however, when the NSSCRA circuit hit the Lonngeylin Ring in Lonngeylin, Vilita for the Toys '4' All 500. For the first time, the team had picked up external sponsorship to help support their research. Having stood up the team by purchasing retired chassis from Vilita & Turori Motorsports that had been used during the NSSCRA's 6th season, Team Tropicorp's equipment was slightly behind the top of the line that other teams such as VTM and Glorious Free Republics Motorsports were bringing to the track. Team Tropicorp officials were hoping that perhaps with the support of external partners like twii.tur, they could eventually expand their program to include new modern chassis either purchased from another team or ultimately built in house allowing the team to become a fully independent top of the line program. The optimism and much of that funding would disappear in a flash when Cocoabo #28's twii.tur Dart rolled end over end off Turn 4 at the Lonngeylin Ring bringing out the yellow flag not only in the race but also on the Cocoabo's season.

The Cocoabo, who had been the top performing driver for Team Tropicorp in each of the season first 3 races, would miss 13 of the next 14 events recuperating from injuries suffered in the accident. twii.tur decided not to shift their sponsorship to one of Team Tropicorps other cars, instead focusing on series-wide sponsorship and marketing opportunities. Team Tropicorp would ultimately sell Cocoabo #28's charter off to help fund the campaign for their two remaining drivers and the dream that was a two-Cocoabo experiment in NSSCRA 7 had been dashed.

By seasons end, however, there was some reason for optimism. While Cocoabo #28 struggled in their return to the track over the final five events of the season, failing to post any finishes higher than 25th place, there were marked improvements visible from Cocoabo #78. After competing in every regular season event and failing to finish just one of those races, Cocoabo #78 got off to a hot start in the playoffs. While they weren't eligible for the championship, The Cocoabo posted an average finish of 14th during the first round of playoff races - a massive improvement from their 27th overall average finish in the regular season. The Cocoabo would step it up once again in the round of twelve improving once more with a pair of Top-8 finishes and an average finish of 12th - better than two of the four Vilita and Turori Motorsports machines. Altogether, Cocoabo #78 finishes the playoff stretch with an average finish of 17th - better than the 18.9 average finish of Vilita and Turori development driver Rockii Ezis. The statistics were a clear indicator of the Cocoabo's talent and showed what the Cocoabo Enrichment and Enhancement project was capable of.

By contrast, Euroli Islander, the Engineer and skilled simulator driver, was a full seven spots worse in average finish with their surprising Top 5 finish at the Pencurve Electronics 500 skewing the #42 driver's statistics. The numbers were even worse for Cocoabo #28 who averaged a finish of 31.8 in their return to action. While each of the three Team Tropicorp drivers had struggled at the start of the season, it became clear by seasons end that one driver was progressing faster than all of them and that was Cocoabo #78.

... To be Continued ...
- Tropicorp -

Wagensvolk
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Wagensvolk » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Even after driving as hard as she could, A7DXZ5 had only finished 29th. It still boggled her mind that the drivers of slave cars could maneuver them with such dexterity, blocking her path, darting past her, or carefully placing their vehicles where they could draft off her while they plotted their next move. She was also surprised at how polite they had been so far. Most of them were more curious than offended at the notion of a free car with a mind of its own. She had assumed that they treated cars as property because they looked down on cars, and she expected them to accuse her of getting uppity. It was a pleasant surprise that they saw her as an exotic curiosity rather than an uppity inferior. It would have been even better if they thought free cars were normal, but she would take what she could get.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan :: Officials from the Vilisorma Beverage Company prepared for one of the biggest moments of their sponsorship season as the NSSCRA field converged on the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds for the NSSCRA 8 season opening Tundra Falls 500. Pole Qualifying for the Tundra Falls 500 is one of the most prestigious qualifying sessions of any given NSSCRA campaign and for the first time the pole and outside pole winning cars will sit side by side in the winners circle in front of the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award banner.

While Vilaye Energy Drink now enters its second season as the official Pole Award sponsor of the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association, it will mark the first ever Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award contested for the Tundra Falls 500 as the Vilisorma Beverage Company did not ink the deal to become the NSSCRA's official pole award sponsor until seven races into the NSSCRA 7 Season.

In addition to all the festivities surrounding the Tundra Falls 500 weekend, Rumors abound that the Vilisorma Beverage Company were planning an announcement regarding an expansion of their contingency program for all drivers in the NSSCRA field to be eligible for an exhibition event to coincide with one of the NSSCRA's regular season trips to the Vilitan Cove. While no official statements have yet been made, it has been rumored that the Vilisorma Beverage Company is planning an event called the "Vilaye Clash" where they would invite all eligible Vilaye Pole Award winners - with eligibility defined as teams who participate in the Vilaye Pole Award program by running the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award contingency decal on their cars, to compete in a select invitation non-points event with pride and money on the line for the winner.

While further details were not available, there are three dates on the NSSCRA regular season schedule which take place in the Vilitan Cove region which could be identified as the pair weekend for the proposed Vilaye Clash event. Round 5 takes place at the Cocoabo Park Circuit, a new track on the schedule and follows an off week which the Vilisorma Beverage Company could be looking to fill with their non-points event. Round 13 of the season is the Toys '4' All 500 an event which takes place just south down the coastline of the Vilisorma Beverage Companies headquarters and is run on a Saturday night which could leave the following day open for a single-day non-points competition while teams and equipment are already in town. Finally, during Round 17 teams will head to Tropicoast for the Tropicorp 500 on the entertaining hybrid surface which could be repurposed for the exhibition event.

While the details of the event were not yet clear the rumors had created a small buzz throughout the garage area in Tundra Falls as some teams scrambled to ensure that the Vilaye Energy Drink contingency decals were affixed to their cars before Qualifying to ensure if they won the pole that they would be eligible for the exhibition event, should it eventually be announced.

In addition to their sponsorship of the NSSCRA Pole Award, Vilaye Energy Drink also returns as a co-primary sponsor of NSSCRA Season 6 Champion River 'Shark' Suzgar

Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan :: One of the worst kept secrets in the NSSCRA garage area continued to persist as CoCoCo representatives walked the garage area without and hosted guests in their luxury boxes without a car on the track. Due to fierce demand for charter spots and an increased multiverse-wide interest in Stock Car Racing, Vilita and Turori Motorsports were unable to secure a charter for their development driver #60 Rockii Ezis who has competed in 27 of the previous 30 NSSCRA events with backing from CoCoCo and its brands CoCo-Mart, CoCo-Lectric and CoCo-Gas. Vilita and Turori Motorsports officials were reportedly on the verge of promoting Ezis to full-time chartered driver after Centur Tiones failure to advance to the NSSCRA chase for the second consecutive season until Tiones stellar performance down the stretch that would have seen the Tiones Lumber backed driver advance to the Championship Four if not for the fact they didn't qualify for the playoffs at all. Meanwhile, Ezis struggled in the second half of the NSSCRA 7 season posting just one Top 5 in the playoffs. When the charter lease was up there simply weren't enough slots to go around which means for the third consecutive season Rockii Ezis does not have a ride for the Tundra Falls 500 and multinational sponsor CoCoCo currently do not have their logo on the car for one of the biggest events of the NSSCRA season.

While CoCoCo had been tolerant of their situation in the past they have reportedly upped their offer as their business grows and their desire for success grows with it. It is already rumored that CoCoCo will be picking up the tab to sponsor Phoenician Racing's Ben Carpenter for key events in CoCoCo's home markets including each of the four races in the Vilitan Cove as well as an outreach event in Esmerel. CoCoCo is also standing by waiting for the results of Tundra Falls 500 Qualifying to see if any unsponsored cars find their way into the field so they can either buy the ride outright and put their driver, Rockii Ezis, in the car, or at the very least put their sponsorship dollars in the mix to get the CoCoCo egg logo on the hood and in the mix for a Tundra Falls 500 victory.

While the CoCoCo brands will still be present on the Vilita and Turori Motorsports machines as well as the debutant Team Blue entries from Hapilopper, CoCoCo are also reportedly aggressively pursuing the purchase of their own Charter such that they are no longer reliant on their long-time partner Vilita and Turori Motorsports to provide primary track time for their driver Rockii Ezis. The CoCoCo have reportedly pitched a full season sponsorship deal to provide funding to a team for one of their NSSCRA entries in return for the lease of a second of their charters to be used by Rockii Ezis in the CoCoCo brand. It is not known whether any deals are currently in work but it seems as if Stock Car Racing in the multiverse is at a true crescendo with a record number of entries for the Tundra Falls 500 and high paying sponsors such as CoCoCo currently on the outside looking in - at least for now.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Race: Tundra Falls 500, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan
Lap Record: 56.342 sec

Qualifying Results:
1 #46 - Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                              56.807
2 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 56.852
3 #27 - Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.906
4 #3 - Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 56.914
5 #14 - River Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 56.929
6 #79 - Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) *Q* 56.972
7 #18 - Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 56.996
8 #11 - Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 57.042
9 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) *Q* 57.093
10 #44 - Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.097
11 #41 - Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 57.119
12 #06 - Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 57.164
13 #23 - James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.204
14 #82 - David Rockingham (Esmerel) 57.207
15 #2 - Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 57.217
16 #75 - Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) 57.250
17 #10 - Eddie Walters Jr. (Xanneria) 57.256
18 #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) *Q* 57.367
19 #37 - Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 57.394
20 #69 - Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) *Q* 57.481
21 #73 - Chet Byrd (Hapilopper) *Q* 57.485
22 #22 - Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 57.534
23 #13 - Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 57.555
24 #48 - Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) *Q* 57.603****
25 #50 - Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 57.623
26 #83 - Joseph Rawlings (Esmerel) 57.629
27 #81 - Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) 57.631
28 #9 - Lício Granado (Lisander) 57.655
29 #84 - Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) *Q* 57.663
30 #12 - Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.690
31 #88 - Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 57.809
32 #6 - Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.859
33 #4 - Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 57.866
34 #55 - A7DXZ5 (Wagensvolk) *Q* 57.882
35 #32 - Andrew Holden (Lisander) 57.884
36 #7 - Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 57.965
37 #15 - Jolyn Helen Ceeta (Valentine Z) 58.020
38 #24 - Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 58.035
39 #5 - Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 58.051
40 #30 - Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 58.111
41 #25 - Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 58.189
42 #21 - Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.202
43 #59 - Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) *Q* 58.209

44 #16 - Gordon Orton (Xanneria) *Q* 58.239
45 #99 - Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.307
46 #05 - Tucker Capps (The Western Carolina Union) *Q* 58.602

47 #0 - Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 58.661
48 #86 - Bluetarch The 5th (Newark Aristocracy) 58.800
49 #33 - Tyler Joy (Caleonia) *Q* 58.949
50 #29 - Frank Joy (Caleonia) 58.973
51 #94 - Daniel Almirola (Sedile) 59.094
52 #67 - Denny Truex Lenlin (Sedile) 59.112
53 #8 - Josh Blaney (The Communist Union of B) *Q* 59.147
54 #00 - Ilham Lukas Jenie (Filindostan) 59.149
55 #02 - Kohan The 10th (Newark Aristocracy) 59.152
56 #68 - Brad Koopalowski (The Western Carolina Union) *Q* 59.160
57 #03 - Mike Reddiër (Caleonia) 59.213
58 #38 - Aaron Gordon (The Communist Union of B) *Q* 59.216
59 #80 - Franklin Egar (Filindostan) *Q* 59.222
60 #04 - Phil Urnsen (Svennish Isles) *Q* 59.300
61 #08 - Jeff Shreeves (The Western Carolina Union) *Q* 59.493
62 #90 - Blueton the 1st (Newark Aristocracy) *Q* 59.526
63 #95 - Robby Gibbs (The Communist Union of B) *Q* 59.670

****- Travis Barkley is using the open charter. Had he qualified straight up, Ashley Matthews would have used it.
Last edited by Newmanistan on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:26 pm

NSSCRA: GFR DRIVERS “BEASTS” AT TUNDRA FALLS 500 QUALIFYING
Yeezies all start in top 10, including Alvarez on pole

by Dante Dinkley

TUNDRA FALLS - Thea Alvarez, of Kanyean NSSCRA (Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association) team Glorious Free Republic Motorsports, gets the first point given out in the series’ eighth season by qualifying on pole for the Tundra Falls 500 here in Newmanistan.

The 20-year-old driver of the team’s #46 Multiversal Automotive Coatings Chadwick (dubbed the “Rainbow Cruiser”) isn’t the only Kanyean driver to lock up one of the first ten positions in the grid, as Skip Stiller put the #3 QED Car Rentals Chadwick (the “Blue Trey”) in the fourth spot, while Jeremiah Brooke of the #18 Hyde Medical Group Chadwick (the “Hyde Ride”) qualified seventh. “We [GFR] are no strangers to this kind of thing in qualifying, and as always, we’re hoping that our performance in the race itself will be just as good” said Stiller. “While I know we have the ability to charge through the field, we’d rather start up front and just maintain our place there. Also, charging through the field takes time, especially if you have more stubborn drivers up ahead.”

Brooke added, “We’ll be trying to avoid surprises too. While we did see some of the new drivers perform in the Exhibition [at Tundra Falls] and learned how they run in the field, there are still some who weren’t in that, but will be in the 500. What the 18 team is currently doing is that we’re using the other new drivers’ performance in their respective nations as reference, when available. That way I can make the right moves when dealing with them.” On a less serious note, Brooke noticed that he will be starting alongside the #11 of Cassadagan driver Jenna Logan again, just as he did last week. “I went to Jen and jokingly told her ‘Stop following me! Who put you up to this, Stacie?’ [Houston - Logan’s teammate, driver of the #27, and defending champ] She and Stacie just laughed.”

Alvarez thanked her crew for providing her with a great qualifying setup, stating that “Every single point matters. We have one now for a good start. Now let’s get a good finish and add as many points as we can.” She also reacted to a recent Spacebook post made by Sherpa Kai Qiang, in which the #44 driver was complaining about the amount of attention and support given to Lexi Patterson. Patterson was hired by Team Jebslund to drive their #30 car after a falling out with Hampton Island Racing, her previous team.

“I was not jumping on the Lexi bandwagon”, said Alvarez. “I was one of her first supporters due to our similar age and background. I already thought back at the Golden Bear 400 [last season] that she had promise, but the people back at home were just using her as a cash cow and then threw her under the hauler. Jebslund made her better. She let Jebslund make her better. She understood that she was partially at fault for how her short stint at HIR went, but she didn’t let it bring her down. Lexi took the opportunity and agreed to sign with Team Jebslund, which she wouldn’t have done if she didn’t love the sport. That, I say, is inspirational in itself. I’m not saying anything bad against the other HIR drivers though. Alex [Knight, driver of the #6], Kevin [Cosgrove, #22] and James [McCurty, #23] are all nice people and I don’t have any problem with them on or off the track. And as for Kai, I hope we remain friends.”

The five unchartered drivers entered in the Tundra Falls 500 are: Sherpa Dinggu Wang in the #79 TMW (starting sixth), Tropicorp’s Cocoabo #28 in the Dart of the same number (ninth), McCurty (thirteenth), Valentian Gwen Tracer Allison in the #31 Eveline (eighteenth), and Jebslunder Sofia Kerman in the #69 Leopard (twentieth). Using the open charter is Newmanistani Shawn Curtis in the #48 machine, starting twenty-fourth.

All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:31 pm

‭Rinzi Zakhilwal and his crew were puttering around tinkering with their car, trying to get it set up just right for the Tundra Falls 500. They were still a little overwhelmed by all the new sights and sounds at the Proving Grounds, and Rinzi was still getting used to the idea that he was a real NSSCRA driver and not that idiot sponsored by his mom's carpet shop with the car that always broke down. The crew were still getting used to having an AutoModi 378 instead of the Hongxing that always broke down. It was a better car, but it was less familiar.

‭They were excited to be racing in NSSCRA, but they had discovered a few inconveniences about traveling abroad. It was hard to ensure their food was halal when everything was in English (which they couldn't read much of), and many people gave them weird looks when the Muslim Sherpalanders dropped what they were doing to say their daily prayers.

‭They were impressed at the sheer diversity of fans and competitors that NSSCRA attracted. Back home Rinzi was the odd one out because he was a Muslim with a very mixed ethnic background, while most of IRACT was Han Chinese. He considered himself Hui, but he was still close enough to his Mongolian relatives to pick up the nickname "Carpet Khan." His pit crew was a motley mix of people from different ethnic backgrounds. He had one Han Chinese tire changer, one Hui, one Mongol, and one Pashtun -- and the rest of the team was equally varied. In NSSCRA, they didn't even stand out from the crowd. In fact, they weren't even the only garage where Mongolian was spoken. Rinzi was quite startled when he heard someone speaking Mongolian, and he turned around thinking it was his own tire guy trying to get his attention -- only to find himself face to face with one of ‬A7DXZ5's handlers.

Rinzi thought cocoabos were amusing. When he saw them around, he would pat them on the head and call them silly names like "little dude" the same way he did to Kai Qiang. The cocoabos didn't necessarily appreciate it any more than Qiang did, but Rinzi wasn't going to think too hard analyzing the noises they made to decide if they were annoyed or happy.

The Valentinians were larger than life. Zakhilwal was a tall man and they still towered over him. It was a little disappointing, he thought: they were pretty, and nice enough, but he would have found them a lot sexier if they weren't so huge.

‭He thought the kerbals were a little intimidating because of the way they always seemed to be on guard. It was normal for racing drivers to be a little high-strung, but the Jebslund teams seemed to take themselves especially seriously, to an extent that made Zakhilwal uncomfortable. He wanted to win same as everyone else, and he thought he had a real chance, but he still had that part of him that had learned to take things in stride back in his "Carpet Khan" days when he could not afford to compete in every race and he DNFed half the ones he did show up for. Sometimes you just would not win, and pushing yourself beyond your limits would not change it. It was important to find a balance between doing your due diligence and not burning yourself out.

Lexi Patterson was not as physically imposing as the kerbals, but she seemed to have picked up some of their obsessive seriousness. When she was not behind the wheel or talking to the kerbals, she seemed to spend every spare moment reading from a collection of notebooks, like a college student that had partied away their freshman year and was now panicking the week before finals and desperately cramming. She had A LOT of notebooks. She didn't bring the whole collection to the track every day, but since many of the drivers and crews were staying at the same hotels and eating at the same restaurants in the neighborhood around the Proving Grounds, people noticed things and word got around. (Anyone who was staying in the same hotel as Kai Qiang had probably noticed that he didn't have Mendok with him and his room was MUCH quieter than last season.)

"What's the deal with the notebooks?" Rinzi's Pashtun tire changer wondered out loud.

‭Rinzi looked in the direction of Lexi's garage space. Right now, she was getting ready for some practice laps rather than reading, but he knew what the tire changer was talking about. He had seen Lexi during one of her study sessions at a cafe a couple days before. "Maybe it's notes about the track," he suggested. "I've seen some drivers do that if they're technically-minded."

‭"Okay, but have you seen how many of those notebooks she has?" said the tire guy. "How many notes about the track does she need?"

‭Rinzi shrugged. "Maybe she's practicing her German. I heard German sentences can be really long."

"Maybe she's a college student like Tsering and that's her homework," one of the other tire changers suggested.

‭The mechanic who was fiddling with Rinzi's car poked his head out and suggested, "Maybe it's a to-do list to remind her of all the times she needs to breathe today. She is blonde, after all."

‭Rinzi chuckled. "Couldn't you automate that, like have your phone ping you?"

‭"If she was smart enough to use a phone, don't you think she'd save the notes on her phone instead of carrying around all those notebooks, no matter what was in them? I mean, that stack of notebooks probably weighs more than Qiang Kai..."

‭"Maybe she's studying calligraphy and she has to use paper so she can practice the pen strokes," Rinzi suggested.

‭Kai Qiang happened to wander by and overhear the conversation, but he decided to brush off the line about his weight. For one thing, it was entirely possible that Lexi's notebooks really DID weigh more than he did when she gathered all of them in one place. Paper was heavy. "I think she's just disorganized," he said.

‭Rinzi gave Qiang a sly grin and put an arm around his shoulders. "Maybe she's trying to impress you. You know, prove she's a serious driver now."

‭"It's not working," said Qiang. "I don't know if she's putting on a show or if she's really that dumb that she doesn't know how to use a computer and can't remember anything without writing it down -- but either way it's pathetic."

‭Rinzi smiled. "She's really pretty, but I agree it seems like she doesn't quite have it together. I don't know why she needs so many notes."

‭Qiang shrugged. "Maybe the kerbals are making her do it. They make a big show of running a tight ship, but I don't think they're as smart as regular people. When I wasn't sure if the Ministry of Culture would let us come back to NSSCRA after season 6, I thought about moving overseas, but I never thought about going to Jebslund."

‭"Why not?" Rinzi asked.

‭"You'll see when we go to Kermania," said Qiang. "It's like a prison or a psych ward or something. They have a lot of pointless 'security' that's just a pain in the ass and a waste of resources, and they put way too much faith in their AIs even though the AIs are not that smart. The countryside is prettier, but I still don't think I would ever feel at home there."

‭Rinzi laughed. "You don't think it'd be cool to live in a country with AIs?"

‭"I don't know. Does Newmanistan or Saint Kanye have AIs?"

‭"Would you really want to live in Newmanistan?" said Rinzi. "Rocket Motorsports is crap."

‭"It's still a nice country," said Qiang. "Tundra Falls is one of my favorite cities because it's clean and modern, but they still remember that spirits exist. And this place is just cool." He took in the Proving Grounds with a sweeping wave of his hand. Qiang was a baseball fan as well as a petrolhead, so he thought it was neat having the race track and a ballpark all in one place.

‭"You should not have too much faith in the spirits here," said Rinzi. "They are not God."

‭"That's convenient because I'm not a Muslim," said Qiang. "I've got to get back to my own team. I'll see you around." He waved goodbye and wandered off.

‭Rinzi said a friendly goodbye, but after Qiang was out of earshot he muttered under his breath asking God to reach out to Qiang and call him back to the path of righteousness.

----֎--֎--֎----

It was in the evening, after everyone had left the track for the day, when Qiang came across Lexi Patterson packing up her leftovers and notebooks at the end of a combined meal and study session. She looked tired. It was partly that she wasn't wearing her full make-up and hair mousse that she used to perk up her look for promotional photo shoots. But it was also that she had been running herself ragged working hard instead of working smart. No matter how much some people told themselves that they could be productive every minute of the day without breaks, it still took its toll. Some people could hide it, even from themselves, but everyone got tired if they pushed themselves too hard.

She didn't necessarily have her whole collection of notes -- even Lexi Patterson had enough common sense not to carry the whole collection everywhere she went -- but she had enough of them for the weight of the notebooks to be burdensome when she was already tired from a long day at the track. When Qiang saw the look of exhaustion on her face, it brought back memories of his own past toiling in the fields, and for the first time he felt a little sorry for her. Even if it was a result of her own stupidity, it would be cruel to stand back and let her work herself to death lugging around the extra weight of all that paper. Digital technology existed for a reason! He walked over to her and pulled his tablet out of his bag. "Hey, Lexi," he said, holding up the tablet for her to see. Even though his English was not the best, he still talked down to her in the tone of an exasperated teacher explaining something to a particularly obtuse student. "This is tablet. If you get one of this and use the tablet to take notes, then you don't have to carry all those notebook." He pointed to her notebooks and then back to his tablet: "All of that can fit in this. Then it much more easy to carry. Work hard and be professional doesn't mean break your body for no reason."

----֎--֎--֎----

The qualifying session for the Tundra Falls 500 went well enough for the Sherpalanders. Dinggu Wang pulled out all the stops to make sure he didn't miss another race, especially now that there were points on the line. Qiang and Zakhilwal were not far behind in 10th and 12th.

Wang and Zakhilwal both had Vilaye decals on their cars to see if they could get into the Vilaye Clash. Qiang had not bothered since one of the proposed dates was the same week his daughter was due to be born, and even if Vilaye chose one of the later dates, his life was already busy enough.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 8 - Rd1 Qualifying

Postby Vilita and Turori » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 am

ImageImageImageImage

Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan :: The NSSCRA Season got kicked off at the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds and Vilita and Turori Motorsports picked up right where they left off at the end of the NSSCRA Season 7 with strong performance throughout the opening weeks and its Exhibition Event. NSSCRA Season 6 Champion and face of the Vilita and Turori Motorsports team River 'Shark' Suzgar II quickly jumped out to the lead in the Exhibition at Tundra Falls and ran up front all race long before ultimately being pipped at the finish line by Cocoabo #78 who recorded the first ever Stock Car victory for Team Tropicorp and the Cocoabo species. While it was only an exhibition event, the Cocoabo's victory over series stars Suzgar and Thea Alvarez of Glorious Free Republic Motorsports was a statement result symbolizing the removal of the Cocoabo's rookie stripes and showing that Team Tropicorp had become a force to be reckoned with, at least on the Super Speedways.

There was plenty to be positive about for Vilita and Turori Motorsports however with Suzgar's runner-up finish and the fact that all three cars ran up front for much of the event with NSSCRA Season 7 Championship Four driver Yraaga Gilli'i also finishing in the Top 10 while Centur Tiones had been running up front before being caught up in an incident after a blown tire for Cassadaigua's defending series champion Stacie Houston took out the driver of the #2 Dart.

With the Exhibition at Tundra Falls behind them, Vilita and Turori Motorsports focused their attention on the main event with Tundra Falls 500 Qualifying and the chance to earn the first Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award of the new season. The draw was a little unkind to Vilita and Turori drivers not having the same optimal cloud coverage on their laps but still posted solid performances albeit missing out on the glitz and glam of the front row starting positions.

Centur Tiones went out early in the session and was near the top of the board until some of the stronger cars hit the track. Suzgar briefly moved to the top of the board besting the time of Jeremiah Brooke until being bested themselves by defending series champion Stacie Houston. In the end, they would all miss out on pole position however as it would be Thea Alvarez in the Rainbow Cruiser taking the top spot on the grid and being joined on the outside pole position by Cocoabo #78 proving that their victory in the Exhibition at Tundra Falls was no fluke and the Cocoabo driver for Team Tropicorp would be a serious threat come race day.

After it would all shake out River 'Shark' Suzgar II was Vilita and Turori Motorsports top qualified driver in 5th position where the Vilitan will start alongside the colorful machine of The Sherpa Empires' Dinggu Wang, the fastest of the non-chartered drivers. Yraaga Gilli'i and Centur Tiones will start the season just outside the Top 10 with Gilli'i rolling off the grid 11th and Tiones in 15th position.

While Vilita and Turori Motorsports drivers missed out on the front row it was still a buoyant mood inside the sponsors tent for Vilaye Energy Drink as they finally had the iconic photo of the Tundra Falls 500 Pole Qualifying front row to pin up along with their advertisements for the season. It was not all smiles over in the CoCoCo Village however as the Turorian associated multinational corporation had reportedly been negotiating with Phoenician Racing to potentially sponsor Ben Carpenter for the Tundra Falls 500 but those plans were abandoned when the Esmerel driver failed to qualify for the Tundra Falls 500. Now, CoCoCo officials had reportedly focused their attention on potentially sponsoring the thus-far impressive Cocoabo #28 or perhaps Carpenters Phoenician teammate David Rockingham in a one-off agreement. Eitherway, CoCoCo officials were still looking to make a deal with a team with a chance to put their logo in Victory Lane in Tundra Falls.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports