NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Hey, question, did Martin become more or less popular after the speech?

Less he's coming off as insane

I thought it would be the opposite tbh, since all the people that are firing on him would fire on him anyway, and he revitalised in the far-left and perhaps even brought over some of the less radical of the left.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:45 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Reading more of the speech

"Hiring slaves" is one of my favorite lines

Hey, question, did Martin become more or less popular after the speech?

That depends a great deal on one's definition of popularity.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Prolieum wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Hey, question, did Martin become more or less popular after the speech?

I mean in the case of "would you vote for him?"

Keep in mind nobody really knew of his existence before the speech, and the networks just wanted to air it for all the controversy.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:52 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

I mean in the case of "would you vote for him?"

Keep in mind nobody really knew of his existence before the speech, and the networks just wanted to air it for all the controversy.

In that case, less popular.

His name recognition has certainly skyrocketed since his speech, while his favorability ratings, with that recognition, take the opposite course.

In terms of the gross number of persons who are aware of and approve of him, he is likely seeing a rise. In terms of the net number of persons who do, a sharp decline.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:54 pm

Prolieum wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I mean in the case of "would you vote for him?"

In that case, less popular.

His name recognition has certainly skyrocketed since his speech, while his favorability ratings, with that recognition, take the opposite course.

In terms of the gross number of persons who are aware of and approve of him, he is likely seeing a rise. In terms of the net number of persons who do, a sharp decline.

Yeah, I was looking for gross gain. I'll grab the net gain once I actually launch the New America program.
Please Watch

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Basically like how republicans know AOC. They all know her, but think she’s crazy
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:59 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Basically like how republicans know AOC. They all know her, but think she’s crazy

This is crazier than ANYTHING AOC has ever said, and her approval rating across the nation is at around 20%.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Let's wrap up ic arrangements so we can make ooc ones

Unfortunately this weekend sucks for me w/availability. The only time I've really got would be getting up super early tmrw morning if we have a moderator that could do it then

And we're still waiting on De Ni in specev....
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Due to health reasons, I've been forced to take quite a leave of absence from roleplay altogether. I believe I left, saying I was mulling my future participation in this RP altogether (of which still stands to be quite frank), however I am pleased to say I am at least back to semi-regular activity on NationStates and that I will be reading up on the latest events from months ago.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Due to health reasons, I've been forced to take quite a leave of absence from roleplay altogether. I believe I left, saying I was mulling my future participation in this RP altogether (of which still stands to be quite frank), however I am pleased to say I am at least back to semi-regular activity on NationStates and that I will be reading up on the latest events from months ago.

This is why you shouldn't do so many drugs Impy

jk love you welcome back
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Due to health reasons, I've been forced to take quite a leave of absence from roleplay altogether. I believe I left, saying I was mulling my future participation in this RP altogether (of which still stands to be quite frank), however I am pleased to say I am at least back to semi-regular activity on NationStates and that I will be reading up on the latest events from months ago.

Welcome back.
Male.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:18 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Basically like how republicans know AOC. They all know her, but think she’s crazy

From the looks of their memes, they seem to be having wet dreams about her too.
Please Watch

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:

This is why you shouldn't do so many drugs Impy

jk love you welcome back

Funny, but it's actually because of a case of early-onset Terrelis disease. (Sounds way scarier than it really was, and I am confident I will be fully back to health.)

Now that I think about it, I may have reason to blame all of you for it. RP spilling over to real life once more. :p :lol:
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Let's wrap up ic arrangements so we can make ooc ones

Unfortunately this weekend sucks for me w/availability. The only time I've really got would be getting up super early tmrw morning if we have a moderator that could do it then

Tomorrow is my fathers birthday AND the day we are celebrating fathers day for him so unfortunately i cannot moderate that day

PS TNS send me the three topics stevenson would like to discuss

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Just searched for the wiki and found this:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... onRoleplay
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Let's wrap up ic arrangements so we can make ooc ones

Tomorrow is my fathers birthday AND the day we are celebrating fathers day for him so unfortunately i cannot moderate that day

That's fine, we'll find another time

They're still figuring out the format ic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Just searched for the wiki and found this:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... onRoleplay

Yep

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Dentali wrote:

So i dont get to do my cool format? damn

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Dentali wrote:

So i dont get to do my cool format? damn

Don't know either way yet

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Lol, nevermind, I'm dumb

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Bah, deleted my post

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Apparently now Kristen gets to be relationship counselor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Apparently now Kristen gets to be relationship counselor

Get out of there

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:59 pm

Samara's speaking/hearing balance seems to be off....

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Samara's speaking/hearing balance seems to be off....

He's actually deaf in one ear

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse