NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 74 | Angradka, Polkopia [IC THREAD]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:12 am

Entry No.22: NEKONI
Le code
Alexa Serres
Based on: I Turn To You (WorldVision 74 Nekoni Special Remaster) by Melanie C

Following the mixed fortunes of the last few years, the NTR offices decided to allow an in-house private selection for their entrant this year, in which budding composers wrote potential songs for their selected talent, one Alexa Serres. Alexa, 26, a relative unknown nationally, was fairly well-recognised in the underground music scene of Nekoni's culture capital, Marina Point. Music had always been her second passion, her hobby outside of her actual profession of teaching, however, like NTR tends to do, they attended an open-mic night that she was there for, and the rest, as they say, is history. The song itself, originally named The Code, was selected by the same producers in-house, an uptempo dance number that recalled the hi-NRG disco scene of the early century, written by trance artists La Veuve Blanc.

The original version of the song was fairly heavily scrutinised by the media, claiming that the song was too 'early 2000s' to compete on the world stage. La Veuve Blanc took this, and (after passive-aggressively commenting back on their social media), sent a questionnaire through said account, entitled 'You think you can do better? Go right ahead.' The results are presented as such:

• Should the tempo be increased, decreased, or left alone?:
    53% INCREASED | 35% LEFT ALONE | 12% DECREASED
  • Should there be a key change at the end chorus?:
    24% YES | 76% NO
  • Should the drums/percussion be boosted?:
    79% YES | 21% NO
  • Should there be a solo during the breakdown, and if so, what?:
    11% GUITAR | 20% PIANO | 20% VIOLIN | 49% NO
  • Should the song be sung in English, French, or a mixture of both?:
    37% ENGLISH | 52% FRENCH | 11% MIX
  • Should the song be a duet?:
    29% YES | 71% NO

Following these responses, the song was remade, with the winning vote in each category used in the remaster. Upon finishing, the media were mildly more receptive (upping a two-star rating to three, with up to one docked for pettiness). In the words of the composers, "the country has selected what it wants, so now on your own heads be it". No, I wouldn't like to go out with them to dinner either.

The song begins with the tense synths as the stage is bathed in a trio of white searchlights panning from top of the stage to the bottom. The background is an ice blue-on-dark purple wireframe background, pulsing to the beat of the synth. At the centre of the stage is a long rectangular platform in glossy black. It contains an internal raisable platform, and as the lights hit that point of the stage, in time for the drums to kick properly in, they focus on the box as the internal platform begins raising.

As Alexa appears from inside the platform, she sings the repeated "You" lines of the intro, lying prone on her back. Her outfit consists of a black jumpsuit of tight leather, with a thick gold stripe down either side, thick wraparound black goggles (in the sort of same vein as a VR set but not as deliberately bulky) and black heeled shoes. Her hair is tied in a high ponytail. As the intro reaches its ending, the plaform has fully extended, about one metre high.

As the first verse begins (0m26), she sits up and rotates towards the audience, effectively using the platform as a stool. The opening lines have the spotlights narrow, the outer ones withdrawing to leave one shining pillar of light directly on her. The wireframe loses its purple hue, becoming completely ice-blue monocrhone, and as the line reaches "when I am frozen", she raises her right hand, and with one sweep, the blue background 'shatters', revealing a deep red one in its place. As she stands on the platform at the end of the final line, the wireframe forms the silhouette of a twentysomething man's face.

Vous êtes un seul rayon d'espoir dans l'obscurité
You're the one ray of hope in the darkness

La pilule la plus douce pour m'aider à coucher
The sweetest pill to help me sleep

Quande je suis gélé, tu fais fondre la glace
When I am frozen, you melt the ice

Et quand je me sens seul, oui, je vois ton face
And when I am alone, yes, I can see your face

The background explodes into a pattern of rapidly changing seven segment display numerical blocks of red and orange on black. Whilst singing, she makes a subdued attempt at gracefully dancing on the platform, as the camera swings from the right to the left, before coming to rest at the front. As she moves, the gloved hands of the jumpsuit begin to glow bright pink out of her palm and fingertips (like this).

Upon reaching the final line, the background changes to a plain black screen, with the command "ENTER ACCESS CODE_" appearing typed on the screen, the underscore flashing.

Je veux le code
I want the code

Aidez-moi à débloquer mon coeur froid
Help me unlock my cold heart

Donne moi le code
Give me the code

Tout ce dont j'ai besoin, c'est toi
Because all I need is you

Je ne pouvais pas m'éloigner
I couldn't walk away

Juste comme tu dirais
Just like you'd say

Je veux le code
I want the code

The background changes to the original wireframe, with the colour now the red of the end of the first verse. Alexa stands legs apart on the platform, and as she sings, two flourescent white poles raise from the platform at either side of her, expanding to roughly two metres high. She places her hands out, palms down, and gestures them to come up. For the viewers at home, this effect is enhanced by the poles being overlaid with graphics: two rotating circles of pink 'code' text which expand upwards, making it appear like she has coded them out of thin air.

They 'shatter' at the end of the first half of the verse, as she falls down on her knees to exascerbate the "sky falls down part", the background dimming to imitate the "sun dying". The background fades to an ice blue again for the last line, as she closes her eyes, and places her hands over her eyes, palms outstretched, LEDs changing from pink to gold.

Je n'oublierai jamais mon mal à coeur
I'll never forget my hurt heart

Et je me souviendrai toujours ton sourire
And I'll always remember your smile

Quand le ciel tombe, quand le soleil meurt
When the sky falls down, when the sun dies

Seulement veux pouvait faire ma vision claire
Only you could make my vision clear

As the first line comes up to break into the second chorus, she jumps, thrusting her hands outwards. As she does, from each side, one dancer appears, cartwheeling from the edge, leaping and grasping the pole with their legs as they do. Both are clad in boxy, vinyl suits that almost resemble a futuristic armour, coloured gold with black detail, their faces covered by both a hood and a featureless chrome mask. They equally perform a complicated routine on the pole, swinging with their legs anchoring them.

Je veux le code
I want the code

Donne moi le code
Give me the code

I couldn't walk away

Juste comme tu dirais
Just like you'd say

Je veux le code
I want the code

The dancers slide down to the base of the pole, both facing upwards and at the far side with their backs towards Alexa. She steps down off the box to sing the bridge, as the background fades to clear white clouds. The entire bridge has the dancers completely motionless. As the bridge continues, a single spotlight follows Alexa to the front of the stage. Over the course of it, the background slowly turns a deep purple.

Changer le record
Change the record

Réécrire la livre
Re-write the book

Laissez-moi être libre
Let me be free

Je compte sur toi
I count on you

Fixe mon coeur brisé
Fix my broken heart

C'est mon espoir
It's my hope

Comme je chante pour toi
As I sing to you

As the instrumental goes underway, the lights on Alexa's jumpsuit turn a brighter blue. As the stage lights start flashing bright white repeatedly, the camera begins to cut rapidly between the two dancers, the crowd, a whole stage shot and Alexa. In a nod to Slovenia 2015, Alexa's dance moves become a lot more pronounced, almost jerky, as it appears that her hand pads on the jumpsuit are some kind of violin synth, theremin-esque. Your cheque is in the mail, Maraaya. The dancers do an acrobatic, flippy exercise on the floor (mercifully the suits they are wearing are a lot lighter and less restrictive than they appear), and finish out the final violin flourish with both grabbing the poles.

As the final choruses come, the poles detach from the platform (magnetically, you see) and the dancers are joined by two more, carrying light poles as well. The new characters are very much the colour swapped versions, having black suits with gold piping and their LED tubes being pink. They take their poles and continue the gymnastic performance, surrounding Alexa as she sings at front of stage, the poles almost acting like a makeshift prison moving around her body as she dances.

Je veux le code
I want the code

Donne moi le code
Give me the code

I couldn't walk away

Juste comme tu dirais
Just like you'd say

Je veux le code
I want the code

The final verse repeats, as Alexa uses her light-up palms to motion the dancers out and away. They spin out and away, turning their poles with them. She walks back up to the top of the platform, as the dancing robot-guys eventually make their way to behind the platform, all in a line, with the two original ones in the middle, the new ones on each side. Of course, they have to show off, so naturally there are flips and spins involved, all choreographed in time.

Je veux le code
I want the code

Donne moi le code
Give me the code

I couldn't walk away

Juste comme tu dirais
Just like you'd say

Je veux le code
I want the code

As the song ends, Alexa finishes stood on top of the platform, her hands criss-crossing over her, the palm lights intersecting to display a red heart. The two original dancers with the white poles stand with their poles vertical, as the two newer dancers place the pink poles into the platform, the magnets in the platform locking them in place. The background screen displays, as before, a computer screen-esque output, this time displaying "CODE VÉRIFIÉE" as the stage is bathed in white light to close out the song.

As the song ends, the crowd goes wild, naturally, and Alexa shouts "Thank you, Polkopia" and other various niceties in both French and English. Thus concludes Nekoni's first fully non-English entry into the contest. Taken hermetically, in the opinion of Alexa, La Veuve Blanc, and the NTR selection committee, it was a successful soujourn...however, will the voters agree?
Last edited by Nekoni on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:52 am, edited 11 times in total.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:11 pm

23 - ETHANE
tune
Have you had a good cry?

Adam enters the stage wearing black casual clothes. He holds the microphone in his left hand. The stage is firmly lit, with a spotlight on him. He looks away from the camera as it zooms in on him and starts singing.

Don't stay and ask for my forgiveness
I know you're hiding so many secrets.

He spins and looks into the camera, holding his arm out in frustration. A women enters the stage left appearing distraught. She begins to dance

So have you had a good cry?
Have you said your goodbye?
Don't want to hear your lies.
Don't want to see you, yeah.

She steps out and takes centre stage while Adam paces from left to right looking out at the audience.

You've broken my heart and my soul
And oh

At the start of the chorus he rapidly turns towards the female dancer and starts to walk fast towards her, stopping just in front of her and staring into her eyes with intensity. The spotlight follows him.

Why did you even have to do this?
There's no way back, no chance for forgiveness
Oh why oh why
I don't even want to know.

He moves towards the front of the stage and sits, legs danglijg over the edge. He looks solemn and songs out towards the audience.

The awful night I caught you in your business.
Flashback to our nights; our many kisses.

Adam turns his head towards the dancing female who had sat next to him. He looks angry and then shifts away from here. She is visibly distraught.

He turns back to ask her and asks her these in song. She is dancing interpretively.

You've broken my heart and my soul
And oh

The camera pans across to the whole stage. They have stopped what they're doing and are just looking at each other while Adam sings with intensity. The camera rotates around them.

There's no way back, no chance for forgiveness
Oh why oh why

He waves his hand at her and turns away walking to the other end of the stage. The camera follows him before panning back round.

I don't even want to know.
And oh no no
Don't even want to know.
And oh no no.

He turns around once more and from across the stage songs this to her. The camera flickers between his face, her face, and a view of the whole stage.

Thank you all, he says as he turns to the audience. The female exits stage right, while Adam exits stage left.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Wolfrenia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfrenia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:46 pm

24- Wolfrenia
Blair J - Hold Me Tight
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6U-Dw32hXww

Couldn’t Find a way to make this up

Not used to this not speaking out

Where can I find that one last piece

Nowhere to find out on the streets

No need to go No need to leave

Baby, hold me tight

I’m flying away

I am still searching for this love

Baby, hold me tight

I’m flying away

Baby, hold me tight

I’m flying away

Baby, hold me tight

I’m flying away

(At the drop part of the song Wolfrenia’s
Best dancers appear on stage and start dancing
a dance that fits the drop.)

I don’t know why I gotta stay

Never thought that we’d be this way

I need to find that one last piece

Nowhere out on the streets

No need to go No need to leave

Baby, Hold me tight

I’m flying away

Baby, Hold me tight

I’m flying away

Baby, Hold me tight

I’m flying away

Baby, Hold me tight

I’m flying away

Baby, Hold me tight

I’m flying away

Baby, Hold me tight

I’m flying away

Genkiania
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Genkiania » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 pm

25. Republic of Taeseon

KAELONG - "EYES, MOUTH, HANDS, FEET, NOSE, All ONE

Tune: TAEYANG - EYES, NOSE, LIPS

Lyrics:

Taeseoni/Korean Lyrics:

모든 고통을 피하려고 노력하십시오,
방치의 년.
당신의 손과 발이 모두 일어나서,
가서 문제를 말해주십시오.
나는 괜찮아.
지난 시간 전에 보러 가기
아무것도 잘못한 것처럼 미소지었습니다,
그냥 입 다물고있어.
그래서 나는 모든 생각에 당신의 얼굴을 그릴 수 있습니다.

네가 간 것이 내 잘못이야,
슬픔에 비난했다.
내가 왜 너 한테 이러는거야?
모든 것이 다 태워진다.
왜 모든 것이 사라 졌는지, 왜 내가 내 자신을 잊었는지.
네가 사라 졌다는 것을 깨달았다.

그 다음 나는 깨달았다,
모든 것이 사라지고 있습니다,
그리고 모두, 사라지고있다.
너를 만질 수 없어.

불에 타 버린 전구처럼,
모두가 사고처럼 불에 탄다,
모두 시간의 끝으로 갔다.
그리고 나는 당신이 떠난 것을 느낄 수 있습니다.

나는 너를 끝까지 사랑했다,
보지 못했다
어쩌면이 빈 방에서 벗어나려고 노력해야합니다.
매번, 모든 것이 무너지고,
모든 것이 희미 해지고 있습니다.
어쩌면 당신의 미소가 여전히 거기 있었을 것입니다,
우리가 다시 길을 갈 때까지.

네가 간 것이 내 잘못이야,
슬픔에 비난했다.
내가 왜 너 한테 이러는거야?
모든 것이 다 태워진다.
왜 모든 것이 사라 졌는지, 왜 내가 내 자신을 잊었는지.
네가 사라 졌다는 것을 깨달았다.

그 다음 나는 깨달았다,
모든 것이 사라지고 있습니다,
그리고 모두, 사라지고있다.
너를 만질 수 없어.

불에 타 버린 전구처럼,
모두가 사고처럼 불에 탄다,
모두 시간의 끝으로 갔다.

그리고 내 눈은 사물을보고 있었다
내 코와 입이 나를 뒤로 움직인다
너의 생각이 돌아왔다.
너 돌아올거야, 너 돌아올거야 .. .. 너 ..

그 다음 나는 깨달았다,
모든 것이 사라지고 있습니다,
그리고 모두, 사라지고있다.
너를 만질 수 없어.

불에 타 버린 전구처럼,
모두가 사고처럼 불에 탄다,
모두 시간의 끝으로 갔다.
English Translation:

Try to Avoid All the Pain,
though the years of neglect.
With your hands and feet all rise,
please go and tell your problems.
I’m all right.
Looking last time before you go
Smiled just like nothing’s wrong,
just remember to keep your mouth.
So I can draw your face in all minds.

It my fault that you gone,
turned to blame to sadness.
Why do I do this to you?
Everything is burnt.
Whys everything gone, just why I forget myself.
I realised you're gone.

Then I've realised,
Everything is disappearing,
and everyone, is disappearing.
And I've can't touch you

like a burned out lightbulb,
all burnt like an accident,
all gone to the end of time.
And I can feel you gone.

I've loved you to the end,
It was not enough to see
Maybe I must try to escape this empty room.
Every time, all is fallin down,
and everything is becoming faint.
Maybe the smiles of you were still there,
until we part ways again.

It my fault that you gone,
turned to blame to sadness.
Why do I do this to you?
Everything is burnt.
Whys everything gone, just why I forget myself.
I realised you're gone.

Then I've realised,
And I've can't touch you

And I can feel you gone.

And my eyes were seeing things
with my nose and mouth moves me back
the thoughts of you were coming back.
You're coming back, You're coming back'..You..

Then I've realised,
And I've can't touch you

And I can feel you gone.

National Broadcaster for Worldvision 74: TBS (Taeseon Broadcasting System)

Last edited by Genkiania on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pros: Centre-Left Democracy, Peaceful Democratic Social Reform, Australia, South Korea, Japan.
Neutral: USA, UK, Canada.
Cons: Communism, Russia, North Korea, China's Authoritarian Rule, Donald Trump's 2020 President Campaign, Government Shutdowns.

Fatiman Federation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatiman Federation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:14 pm

26. Fatiman Federation
Natasha Mariacapastol-Crimieliyev and Emanuelle Mariacapastol-Crimieliyev (Natalia et Emanuelle) - Farewell to Czerlynoszeł (Adieu à Cherlynoshel)

Used Tune: Saigo No Iiwake - Tokunaga Hideake (Instrumental)

After the War with Polkopia, The Fatiman Federation Seeks for Peace with Polkopia, Due to Receiving Conflicts caused Fatimans to Reverse and Protest Carlo del Monte's Regime. Now, The Fatiman Federation is like to Represent in Angradka, Polkopia.

About the Song:

Since it's their First Contest Ban on Worldvision 72 until 74 (this Contest Edition), The Radio Television Fatima (RTV) has returned in Worldvision with Song, Adieu à Cherlynoshel by Natasha and Emmanuelle (Emanuel in Fatimanian). It Means that Couples where Natasha Mariacapastol-Crimieliyev and her Brother, Emanuelle Mariacapastol-Crimieliyev Represents their WV74's Entry.

The Original Singer was Natalia Mariacapastol-Crimieliyev which she Made the Original Song that Commemorates the 72th Anniversary of Czerlynoszeł (Cherlynoshel in Fatiman) City Day in 1988, But later Covered by her Children, Natasha and Emanuelle.

About the Singers

About Natasha:

Natasha Mariacapastol-Crimieliyev is Natalia's Daughter, If you didn't Know about Natasha and Her Mom, Natalia, Natalia Mariacapastol-Crimiyeliyev is an CEO of RTV Networks, A Former Governor of Guadajalara Islands from 1988-1999 as her First Term, 2000-2005 as her Second Term and 2009-2016 as her Third Term. Also, An Former Senator from 2005 to 2009. Natasha was born in Czerlynoszeł at June 9 2002, She was Named her Natasha to base her mother's name, Natalia. Inspired on Beauty Pageants and Singing, And She was Known singing Amour de la nature in 2012, Covering her Mother, Natalia's Song with a same Title and Composed back to 1989.

About Emanuelle:

Emanuelle Mariacapastol-Crimieliyev is Natasha's Oldest Brother and Natalia's Child, Born in August 2001 before Natasha on Same City, Emanuelle is Smartest Mathematician and Best Country-Known Singer. He was Known for covering Black is Black by Joy in 2011.

Lyrics/Performance

Music - Natalia Mariacapastol-Crimieliyev
Lyrics - Nataniel Mariacapastol-Crimieliyev (Old Version), Marie-Sophie Mariacapastol (New Version)

The Singers are worn in Traditional Filipino Barong and Filipina Dress, The Lights are Black and The Background was Clouds. The Audients are Very Silent and Holding their Glow Sticks, Some their Fans are Also Silent and Calm. Later, An Single Bright Light has Pointed to Natasha.

Key:
Pink = Natasha
Blue = Emanuelle
Black = Everyone

D'une guerre, plusieurs vies ont été perdues,
Les citoyens veulent une paix,
Beaucoup de gens préparés pour le jour de la victoire.

Depuis les citoyens ont applaudi pour leur victoire contre d'ennemis,
Mais les citoyens inquiets de la destruction de leurs maisons,
Une ville paisible frappée par une guerre sans capitulation ni cessez-le-feu.

The Bright Lights pointed to Singer Couple, Everyone Singers are Singing on their Chorus.

Chrous:
Il est temps pour un adieu à Cherlynoshel,
Il est temps d'acclamer le silence de la guerre,
Et les bonheur seront rapportés,
Dans la belle ville de Cherlynoshel,
Il y a un adieu.

The Bright light was Pointed to Emanuelle while Instrumental is Playing

Une ville en liesse est devenue un bonheur pour les personnes qui ont survécu à la guerre,
L'adieu aux citoyens qui sont frappés par une guerre est tout le monde est silencieux et donne des fleurs à ses proches,
Leurs larmes peuvent montrer,
Le jour de la tristesse commence.

Une belle ville de Cherlynoshel a commencé à être ressuscité de la destruction,
La beauté de la ville augmentait encore,
Les gratte-ciel sont à nouveau construits.

The Audience Started to Waving.

Chrous:
Il y a un adieu.

(Instrumental Playing)

Chrous (Repeat):
Il y a un adieu. (2x)

From a War, Many Lives Lost,
The Citizens want a Peace,
Many People Prepared for Victory Day.

Since the Citizens Cheered for their Victory against the Enemies,
But Citizens Worried about their Houses Destructed,
A Peaceful City Strucked by an War with no Surrendering and Ceasefires.

Chrous:
It's time for an Farewell to Cherlynoshel,
It's Time for Cheering and Silence from the War,
And Happines will be Bring Back,
In the Beautiful City of Cherlynoshel,
There is an Farewell.

An Cheering City was become Happines for the People who Survived on War,
The Farewell to Citizens who Struck by an War is all People is Silent and Giving Flowers to an Loved Ones,
Their Tears can Show,
The Day of Sadness is Begining.

An Beautiful City of Cherlynoshel has Start to be Risen Again from Destruction,
The Beauty of City was Increasing Again,
The Skyscrapers are Built Again.

Chrous:
There is an Farewell.

(Instrumental)

Chrous (Repeat):
There is an Farewell. (2x)
Fatiman Federation | Фатімана Федерастіка
Puppet of Indo States as Modern Nation

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 pm

ETV1 presents WorldVision 74 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

CE: Welcome to WorldVision 74! Bienvenido a WorldVision 50! Yalcom WorldVision 74! Live from Ancradka!
FT: Angradka but close enough.
CE: Anyway, I'm Cerin Erali...
FT: ... And I'm Flynn Taggart.
CE: And we are your English language commentators for this evening. For a Spanish commentary, Iyilim language commentary or to sing-along to each entry, please press the red button. Thank you. Para Español, Iyilim o karaoke, pulse botón rojo por favor. Gracias. Aspenol, Iyilim o cereoc - Ancelis o Aspenol, ne Iyilim - plaes toc rad boton. Fenci.
FT: And you should remember how this works but for those who don't, here's a reminder. There's a lot of songs here. And when the voting starts, which they'll tell you, you vote for the song you like the most, with your phone, your other more mobile phone or the WorldVision app. They'll tell you when to stop voting and then we rank them in order which we'll use to give our votes. 12 for best, 10 for second best, 8 for third best, 7 for fourth best, so on.
CE: Why isn't there an 11 or 9 point?
FT: Make it less close?
CE: Maybe. By the way, one last thing, you people back home in Elejamie cannot vote for song number 16, as voting for your own nation's song is not allowed and it'll be a waste of money. For the people back home, the vote option for our nation on the app is greyed out, so there won't be any of that going on.
FT: Anything else we should bring up?
CE: No, not that I can think of.
FT: Very well then, let's get on with the show.

Opening Act

FT: And we begin with something that doesn't quite fit. Unless you realise it's just a stripped back version of the winning tune from last time.
CE: But then we follow it up with something that does. And boy, let me tell you, it's good. Like, I liked it.
FT: It wasn't my sort of thing but if it was I would've liked it.
CE: Nice to see the contestants making their way onto the stage, waving at the crowd and greeting them.
FT: Ours brought his family.
CE: Which is nice of him. And I'm sure the other people representing the other nations did the same thing too. I didn't look into it, sadly.

01 - North Arenia

FT: And we start off badly.
CE: Badly? This was pretty good. A good way to start the contest.
FT: I don't think it'll win, though.
CE: You're probably right, it probably won't. But we shall see. Onto the next one.

02 - Amuaplye

CE: Well, that's a bit violent.
FT: Tame when you compare it to that thing that happened during the last Olympics.
CE: I guess. Song's good, though.
FT: That it is.

03 - Axuva

CE: Wow, the good songs keep on coming. The beat works well with the vocals, a basic pop beat but it works quite well. The kids'll like this one.
FT: Any criticisms? Because I'm staying out of this one.
CE: Eh... the visual kind of hurts your eyes if you keep staring at it but luckily the folks back home won't have any problems there.

04 - Scotatrova

FT: Massively bombastic.
CE: But not bad. It just might scrape the top ten there, but it probably won't.

05 - Vartugia

FT: No points.
CE: A few points but it'll be near last.

06 - Kishrael

FT: Not going to comment.
CE: But I am. I quite liked it. They managed to win it once for Kushrael- I mean Kishrael, so will lightning strike twice for Cinderella Ra'ah?
FT: I hope not.

07 - Polkopia

CE: And here be your hosts. And here be a song that carries on the same vibe as the song before.
FT: I didn't like it either.
CE: It was OK. Not as good as Kishrael, felt a little bit like generic pop. But it'll score high.

08 - Darkmania

CE: Quite a lovely tribute to his friends who were sadly gunned down.
FT: By the sort of people who'd gun us down, you for obvious reasons and me because of the religion I grew up in.
CE: The song might not have been good but I'm still sure that Trëvor and Gëorg are looking down, proud of their comrade performing in their honour.

09 - Ceyesca

FT: The kids might like it.
CE: And it is a bop. Hopefully it'll do well tonight.

10 - Talvezout

FT: The hell was that?
CE: It was certainly unique, I'll tell you that much! Not really a winner in my books.
FT: Not mine either.
CE: But, again, this is one of those songs that'll seem bad but will absolutely dominate the competition.

11 - Estogium

CE: That's decent, might pick up a couple of points from us.
FT: The distorted vocals at that one point could've been scrapped, though.
CE: I beg to differ but sure.

12 - Britonisea

FT: There have been a lot of electronic and electro-pop songs this evening, haven't there. Expect a long evening of them.
CE: In the meanwhile, I quite liked this one. Flynn probably doesn't...
FT: Nope.
CE: But I did. But the big question is if you people at home did. Remember what to do when you can.

13 - Voxija

FT: And the second song of the evening I enjoyed.
CE: Not my sort of stuff but it's good you've found another one you enjoyed.

14 - Achaean Republic

CE: A lovely little ballad there from these guys.
FT: Quite popular with the Spanish-speaking community, I could imagine them sending a couple of points their way.

15 - Antenovaria

FT: I'm digging this?
CE: I admit I quite like it too. Like fast paced, yet kind of funky. I imagine this'll do well with the public.

16 - Elejamie

CE: And here we are, song number 16, the big return that'll hopefully lead to more performances.
FT: Cue the "this song sent me to sleep" jokes.

17 - Titaniumland

FT: Didn't this guy already perform with North Arenia?
CE: You can only have so many different faces, Fluh-yeen.
FT: True. Song wasn't that good, though.
CE: Wasn't super keen on it, missed my top ten by quite a bit like it's 14th or 15th, but there'll be a ton of votes for it. I can feel it.

18 - Greater Korean Juche Republic

CE: They've named an entire country after Juice Republic?
FT: Y-No. A bit too bombastic for my thoughts.
CE: Sorry Kim Sayong-Taek, I'm sure you're a lovely lady and all but this wasn't to our liking.

19 - Izmedu

CE: Not bad, could be better though.
FT: I'll say. The vocals were a bit hard to hear in some bits. And I wasn't keen on the tune.
CE: I kind of was but I do agree with the vocals. Still, may her sister rest in peace.

20 - Besen

FT: Is this one of those "Yas queen slay" songs?
CE: I'm not camp or drag enough to comment on that, might have to check with the Saturgay Evening folks as they know more about that than me, but I guess it can be. Again, not my sort of thing.
FT: Nor mine.
CE: But once again, a potential high scorer. Top five category, even.
Last edited by Elejamie on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Fatiman Federation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatiman Federation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:48 pm

RTV1 Presents WorldVision 74 - An Commentary

Soon.
Fatiman Federation | Фатімана Федерастіка
Puppet of Indo States as Modern Nation

Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:24 am

27 - VENKATANAROS IMHARAJUVARIPIETA RDRASKSKA
THE VENKATANAROS IMHARAJUVARIPIETA RDRASKSKA CITY GAY MEN'S THEATER GUILD - "NOT GONNA BOTTOM (TODAY)"

The stage would be set up with three distinct parts - one side had a shower, in which a handsome man in his 30s - Paul - would be taking a shower. The other side would have a bed, were a twinkish looking young man - Lee - would laying down on, in a state of undress. The middle would be a white pulpit, in which an extremely elderly lady would be standing at - the ANGEL. There would be a chorus of angels behind her.

ANGEL: Bless this day,
Pinnacle of life
A bond like knife
The heart leaps up to behold
This golden day.

PAUL: Tonight is for Lee
To hold and make love
To cherish instead
Oh to finally love my Lee
To take him to the bed,
My beautiful boyfriend

LEE: Pardon me, is anybody here?
Because if anybody here,
Someone please come save me
I don’t really want to bottom
I mean I love him so much more
But it kinda hurts back there when he says go
And not a word of it to Paul
Remember Paul? You know, the man I want to marry
But not now, because I wouldn't ruin anything
As wonderful as today is.
Thank you Paul, for the gifts and the flowers,
Thank you Paul, now it's back to the showers
Don't tell Paul, but I'm not gonna bottom today.

ANGEL: Bless this day,
Tragedy of life
A sex life like knife
The heart sinks down
And feels dead
An uncomfortable day.

LEE: Listen anybody, look, I don't know what you're waiting for
It’s sex. What is sex? It's quite a primal ritual
Where someone gets something up their bits,
Which is maybe the most horrifying thing I’ve ever heard of,
And is followed by a cool down where suddenly he will realize
He's saddled with a nut, and want to kill me, which he should.
Thanks a bunch, but I'm not gonna bottom
Paul go get lunch, 'cause I'm not gonna bottom
Paul’s been grand, but I'm not gonna bottom
Why am I laying there, I'm not gonna bottom
And don't tell Paul, but I'm not gonna bottom today.

Go! Can't I go?
Why am I stuck right here?
Goodbye! Go and die
Nothing’s worse then limp dick
If I’m quick, for a kick
We could do some some oral things
But please, on my knees,
There's a human life at stake!

Maybe I should lie and say that I’m hurting there
Or should I maybe pretend I have to go though
No I shouldn’t lie to Paul, that’s just not fair
But really I just don’t want it there I know
I called a sex psyhologist but that’s not til Tuesday
But tonight it’ll be all over so what’s the point anyway
I'm not well, so I'm not gonna bottom
To lie ain’t swell, but I'm not gonna bottom
I gotta clear through it all, 'cause I'm not gonna bottom
Thank you all, but I'm not gonna bottom
And don't tell Paul, but I'm not gonna bottom today.

ANGEL: Bless this gay,
Totally insane
Falling apart today
Close to derange
As it starts
To rain.

PAUL: Today is for Lee
Lee, he’s the love of my life
Oh, to kiss and make love
To hold him forever

LEE: Go! Can't I go?
Look, I adore him lots
But why should I cry
And give him the rots
Look, perhaps I'll collapse
Like a sinful nun in the apse
So I can’t really lie
But I don’t want him to say goodbye

PAUL: Today is for Lee,
My, beautiful, lovely boy
My adorable love...

LEE: Look, maybe I should be honest
I mean truth never hurts and it’s definitely better than lies
So I should show him that I’m finally beyond it,
I mean I love him so much but my ass really flies
So time to tell him that I’m not gonna take it
Maybe he’ll smile and accept it
Maybe he’ll ignore it and I’ll take it,
God knows if it’ll even fit

PAUL: One more thing...

LEE: I'm not gonna bottom.

CHOIR: Good luck!

PAUL: Softly said...

LEE: But I'm not gonna bottom.

CHOIR: So sad!

PAUL: I love so much...

LEE: See, I'm not gonna bottom!

CHOIR: Dear God!

PAUL: I understand.

LEE: Still, I'm not gonna bottom!

CHOIR: Amen!

PAUL: Let us pray that Lee will bottom

LEE: Let us pray that I’m gonna bottom

ALL: Someday!

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

COMMENTARY WV74

Postby Besen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:52 am

BC1
Commentary
By Erica Rodman and Samantha Jersoin

Erica: Good evening, Besen. Yes, you are correct, this is the same voice that took our country to Worldvision for the first time ever in Tödlichebujoku.

Samantha: And me. I have been absent for quite some time now, but I'm back and I'm so excited to be one of the Besenian commentators once again, with my bestie Erica here. Are you excited for tonight's show?

Erica: I'm thrilled. I cannot wait literally, and I'm definitely rooting for our girls, La Force Femme, who are performing 20th tonight.

Samantha: Right, and don't forget our close companions North Arenia, who are making their debut. They are performing first so I hope they can captivate the audience right up until the end. Oh, the opening act is on right now.

Samantha: A cover of last years winning track for Britonisea, sang originally by Alyxhia Willis. Besen gave the song twelve points last edition.

Erica: Correct, and I'm not surprised, it's such a banger! It's my most listened to song on Spotify.

Samantha: As for the second song, that's a great song too! In the Polkopian national final, it was a standout. It's nice to get a taste of Polkopian music in their country, which is spectacular.

Erica: These four guys are quite famous in Besen, I mean, I recognised them.

Samantha: Yeah, and the song is really upbeat too. I personally enjoyed it.

Erica: Definitely going to be one of my favourites.

Erica: What an interesting track. It was very very very very very long though.

Samantha: I feel the same, maybe it was unnecessarily long but I definitely wasn't bored - it was captivating. They sing well.

Samantha: I would almost describe this one as mystical. It was very good.

Erica: Agree. I think juries will eat this up, and I have no doubt this will end up quite high. Her voice is a highlight and I really loved how this was presented.

Samantha: Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm thinking this could be top 3.

Erica: Every year, Vartugia definitely makes me giggle and I love that they really just don't care. Artistically, I'm not sure I can get behind it to be honest, haha.

Samantha: Quality from Kishrael again. And another high placing I reckon. What do you think Erica?

Erica: While I think this is not the best they have ever sent, it is not going to be ignored at the same time. It's definitely my kind of music and I love the staging, it's really great stuff.

Erica: The host nation sending a really really good song. I'm going to say its my favourite so far without a doubt. It's theatrical while being entirely modern at the same time.

Samantha: As for placing, I'm not really sure. I can see it middling or being very near the top. Looking at Besen's voting history, I think we'll be giving points to this. As for the performer - he is really charismatic.

Samantha: Continuing this trend of quality, Darkmania tops the previous song for me. I am in love with the song. If I was on the jury I would be looking at Darkmania as a serious contender - I think they can really win.

Erica: For me, Polkopia takes the edge but I can see where you are coming from. I'm keeping my eyes on them.

Samantha: As a song, I think it's really chart friendly. Juries will like it. I'm not sure if the public can get on board with it as it feels a little lacking in the staging department. Erica?

Erica: Yeah. I agree with you there. I think it's a tough year and a lot of countries are going to have a tough time standing out in an excellent crowd. This is one of the strongest contests we've had in ages. Everyone is bringing fire.

Samantha: What a track! It's very artsy and I personally enjoy it but I am struggling to see the appeal in a wider sense. It might seem a little peculiar for an audience at home.

Erica: I disagree with you, haha! I have faith that the excitement of the song will carry it towards the top. It looks like a love/hate type of track I can admit.
Last edited by Besen on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lagoa
Lobbyist

Founded: May 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lagoa » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:25 pm

-28. LAGOA-

AORAÇÃO
(Worship)

CRÍJETA

Gintaree (left), Tibúrcio (right)

Borne out of a scandal enveloping the Tödlichebujoki broadcaster TÖBUK, Lagoa's participation in WorldVision as a separate entity has left many fans very surprised. With an impression to make in response to what were evidently discriminatory practices in TÖBUK under the now-resigned administrator Kohaku Kalmala, MTL (Mataušana-Toligarso Lagoa) had its work cut out. The broadcaster launched a national selection, "MúdoReçêiuma74: Você Escolhe", filled with the best submitted acts from Lagoan artists. After a tight voting sequence, the group CRÍJETA found itself at the top of the scoreboard, and thus on its way to represent the semi-autonomous province in Polkopia.

CRÍJETA is composed of primary vocalist Tibúrcio Mata and primary producer Gintaree Hosö, though both play a significant role in the writing and composition of their music, with Gintaree often providing backing vocals and harmonies. Though the group formed in Sterblichengokai (Estegoa to Lagoans), Tibúrcio grew up in the city of Portabrigado further south along the coast, and Gintaree from the border city of Blutigenteikei (Teicuesãgue to Lagoans). The two had initially planned on pursuing solo careers, but upon meeting at a party of a mutual friend, realized the value in collaborating on a project. Their debut EP was released to a growing body of fans who recognized them from earlier work and credits on better-known hits, and soon became a well-known name at the local level, landing articles and interviews in dedicated music publications.

Upon hearing of MTL's call for submissions for WV74, Tibúrcio and Gintaree decided to drop their upcoming single on the off chance that they could perhaps gain some publicity if things went well. Clearly things did indeed go very well, and the two found themselves on the way to Polkopia to perform "AORAÇÃO" as the first representatives from Lagoa. In interviews before the contest, Tibúrcio and Gintaree described the song as having multiple meanings- while the theme of "AORAÇÃO" focused on religious imagery, the deeper meaning oscillated between two different subjects. Interpreted one way, the song is about finally falling for a person that one had previously been in conflict with; admitting their wrongs and seeing the beauty and purity of said person. Interpreted another, darker, manner, it is about an addict returning to a drug they had previously tried to fight, and losing their self in the toxic worship of relapse. However the international audience interprets it, the two hope to give Lagoa an honorable debut in this prestigious music contest.

The stage is dark. Tibúrcio, wearing a black leather jacket over bare skin and slim black pants, is illuminated by a triangle of red neon lights laid on the floor around him. His head is covered by a hood, but the red glow of the neon lights keeps his face visible as he faces downward, on his knees in a pose of prayer

Me dê sua bêção
Give me your blessing

A esta laica serão
At this late-night hour

Cueim'me no fogo do seu coração
Burn me in the fire of your heart

Na frágua do seu coração
In the furnace of your heart

He raises his head to look into the camera above him, the neon lights creating dramatic shadows on his face, most noticeably when he hits the line where he compares himself to a beast. Tibúrcio snaps his head back forward and drops his hood at the last two lines, directly facing toward the audience

Eu núca cuis fazer tomúto
I never meant to make war

Sométe outra bišo
Just another beast

Étão eu não peço perdão esparto
So I'm not asking for a quick forgiveness

Eu não vou peço perdão esparto
I won't ask for a quick forgiveness

He falls back to the stage floor as ripples emanate outward from him, as if the red neon lights are reflecting off a pool of water below. A very thin layer of mist is visible on the stage floor and diffuses the light and animation, insinuating a veneer of the supernatural

Deiše-me cair em lúšana
Let me fall into prayer

Mergulhe no seu câra
Dive into your desire

Lípar na água viva
Cleanse in living water

Tuas águas da curima
Your waters of creation

He rises back up, finally making it onto his feet, whereupon it is revealed that he is inside a pyramidal neon structure (like this, but with a triangular base and no bed). Spotlights illuminate him, mostly from behind, but enough from the front to see his face

Cuebrar minha ismiešanas
Shatter my illusions

E esses reçêiumas
And these visions

Deiše-me aorar em seus dedos
Let me worship at your feet

Deiše-me aorar de joelhos
Let me worship on my knees

The lights cut out, except for the neon pyramid which blinks in a sequence and a spotlight from below Tibúrcio as he plummets down to his knees, which are splayed apart. Joined by two black-clad dancers in the same position, he sways from side to side. Meanwhile, white strobe lights flicker through the darkness from the sides of the stage

I'm tasting three drops in a rapturous state
I'm frozen in time and I feel like it's fate
A heavenly host or an earthly allure?
A gift of your love
One more and I'm yours

He and dancers crawl forward on their hands and knees, whirling their legs around at the whispered line, still on the floor, the strobes flickering off their faces and bodies

My heart pumps fast with the power innate
Soaring so high with the passion you sate
The greatest spoils of the holiest war
A gift of your love
One more and I'm yours

Spotlights rhythmically blink vertically along the back of the stage. In a single fluid movement, Tibúrcio rises to his feet and faces the audience before facing upward as the spotlight on him grows golden. The dancers, now joined by 4 more, surround him, close to the ground,

Seu poder senso
Your ancient power

Outro códão sãto
Another holy talent

Me dê vida para me fazer toda
Give me life to make me whole

Para me fazer toda
To make me whole

He leans forward, one knee out, whipping his head down with his eyes clenched before looking back up, his dancers scattering away from him on the floor. A shot of his face reveals desperate eyes and a seething manic energy

Minha açišanás
My confession

É cue sé minhas padevíbas
Is that without my devotions

Sou desagrilhoado pelos pecados
I'm unfettered by sins

Sou desagrilhoado
I'm unfettered

The spotlights swoop out from behind him, bringing the drifts of mist on the floor into focus. Tibúrcio sinks back down, as if submerging himself, eyes peacefully closed and arms up as if embracing a divine power

Deiše-me cair em lúšana
Let me fall into prayer

Mergulhe no seu câra
Dive into your desire

Lípar na água viva
Cleanse in living water

Tuas águas da curima
Your waters of creation

Hands together, he looks reverently upwards into the camera, just as a puff of mist rises to filter his visage. His dancers arrayed out around him in a radial pattern prostrate on the floor

Cuebrar minha ismiešanas
Shatter my illusions

E esses reçêiumas
And these visions

Deiše-me aorar em seus dedos
Let me worship at your feet

Deiše-me aorar de joelhos
Let me worship on my knees

The lights cut out once more, leaving only the strobes along each side of the stage. The pyramid seems to glow brighter now, but each tube doesn't glow for long as they flicker on and off to the beat. Now with 3 dancers behind and flanking him, Tibúrcio stands tall, almost euphorically, gyrating his hips from side to side and squatting to the ground in sync with his dancers

A gift of your love
One more and I'm yours

A gift of your love
One more and I'm yours

Random segments of the stage light up red and blink off in time to the beat as an ambient red glow illuminates Tibúrcio and his dancers, the camera sweeping across the scene and then centers, zooming back from a close shot of center stage

A gift of your love
One more and I'm yours

A gift of your love
One more and I'm yours

The ambient and stage lights cut out as the strobe lights now flash in sync with the beat, creating a freeze frame effect for the performers on stage, movements captured flash by flash. One side of the neon pyramid illuminates in concert with this, a different side blinking on with each flash of the strobe lights. Tibúrcio and his dancers assemble in various formations, a constantly shifting presence captured frame by skipped frame via the flashes of light

"Como vai?" "Como vai?" "Como vai você?"
"How are you?" "How are you?" "How are you doing?"

Estou aorãdo,
I'm worshipping,

Esse deus terrão
This earthly god

Estou aorãdo,
I'm worshipping,

Estou de joelhos
I'm on my knees

Estou aorãdo,
I'm worshipping,

Estou no šão
I'm on the ground

Estou aorãdo,
I'm worshipping,

The flashing ends, with one spotlight on Tibúrcio and his dancers frozen on the ground around him. He has crashed to his knees at the edge of the stage, head bowed, eyes closed, hands clasped together. Centered on him, the camera view slowly pans out from the level of his reverent figure

My sacred god

The final spotlight lingers for a few moments, before cutting out

As the lights return to normal, Tibúrcio rises with his dancers.
"Obrigado, Angradka! Thank you all so much!" he shouts after bowing with his dancers, and then exits the stage.
Last edited by Lagoa on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:43 am, edited 16 times in total.

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:27 am

29. Bloodbath Generation

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Rick Leg's censored entry, "Censored", in the last contest, was too censored for him. When deciding what to call his entry for this edition, MSX Television missed the print deadline for the title of the song, therefore they were forced to go along with the placeholder name of "TBA".

Rick stands on the stage in the middle of a chorus of ducks, with various amounts of animals in various shapes and sizes surrounding the ducks. The ducks are ducking mad and are on the verge of mental breakdowns. Rick is pixellated out on the international broadcasts but to those in the audience his giant horse-length willy is showing.

As the heavy bassline kicks in, the ducks womble around the stage and quack along to the chorus.

To be, to-to to be, to-to to be, to-to to be arranged

A speech from Rick Leg is played into the auditorium, for Rick fancies himself a politician.

We need a full and transparent solution to the crisis presenting itself. [cries of agreement] Crisis doesn't have to be a crisis.

Then Rick sings in a female voice, badly, and out of tune.

There's no duckies that money can bring
Just let them quack and just let me sing
The WorldVision is biased and rigged
So stop censoring me, let me say "fuck" and "shit"

A clip of Rick being incensed at his censorship on the last edition is played next.

This is an awful and hopeless decision, these people just can't stand the heat and shouldn't be in the kitchen.

And then the ducks resume singing.

Another Rick speech:

I'm very proud that I'm not straight. I'm very proud that I'm pansexual.

Then Rick goes back into his out-of-tune female voice.

I forgot to write the rest of this song
So let me make up some shit on the spot
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
La di da da da doo da doo da doo da

More speaking.

I don't actually have a clue what to say here, it doesn't affect me.

And then the ducks resume singing.

To be, to-to to be, to-to to be, to-to
To
Be
Arranged
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:44 am

31. Togonistan
Venus Paea - ''Final Dawn''
Tune: Within Temptation - ''Final Dawn''

Venus Paea will represent Togonistan in the 74th WorldVision Song Contest with ''Final Dawn''

Venus Paea, a 17-year old young artist entered Togonifest (Togonistani national final) as a complete underdog. No-one in their right mind would have guessed that this young woman from Glorita, a small town in Southern Togonistan would become the next WV representative for Togonistan. However, fate decided otherwise and here she is, singing her song inspired by ongoing Kassegrochian civil war.

Performance:

The stage is lit up in grayish color scheme, there is smoke covering the floor. Venus can be seen standing in the middle of the stage, wearing a long grey dress. A microphone is attached in front of her. Venus starts singing.

Perish all that we've built, disappearing
It all burns, turns to dust
All the memories, hopes, the smoke is rising
No idea what awaits

Lights start flashing, creating an effect of Venus standing in the middle of a thunder storm.

Even if our dreams are slain
We know that we have to stay
We will stand our ground
Stand our ground until the final dawn
They can guide us away
Guide us to our mortal grave
We will stand our ground

Final dawn
Final dawn
Final dawn
Final dawn

Stage theme turns into more brownish colors, with several war scenes being displayed on a screen behind Venus.

See the world through the fear, keeps on crumbling
Eyes have dried, out of tears
See them at the distance, the soldiers coming
These same footsteps you hear

Days are passing
Month by month
Year by year, still
All the same

Again, lights start flashing, creating an effect of Venus standing in the middle of a thunder storm.

We will stand our ground
They can guide us away
We will stand our ground

Final dawn
Final dawn
Final dawn
Final dawn

Stage lights up in bright white colors.

See your life, all the memories are running
Running through your eyes like a silent movie
But the memories are immortal
But the memories are immortal
Lost your heart, later on it must be found
Deep in all the misfortune, We stand our ground
We stand our ground

Lights turn down, leaving Venus stand in a single spotlight. In the middle of the verse, stage lights up again in grey colors and smoke machines generate more smoke on the stage.

We will stand our ground
They can guide us away
We will stand our ground

Camera rotates around Venus.

Oooh-a, yee-yee, oooh, yee-yee

Camera zooms out on Venus, before zooming in on her again.

We will stand our ground

Final dawn
Final dawn
Final dawn
Final dawn

The song ends with Venus looking at the audience cheering at her. ''Thank you,'' she says before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Togonistan on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:23 am

32 - Normandy and Picardy
"Le Seul" (The Only One) - Marie Garain
Tune: ("Melankholiya" - Polina Gagarina)

Ever since the Normand broadcaster Radio-Télévision de la Normandie pulled out of WorldVision after the 71st contest in Main Ministry Nation, citing budget and scheduling issues, leading to the country focusing on the World Hit Festival, fans across Normandy and Picardy had been calling for the country's return to the contest. A return became even less likely when it emerged the broadcaster was in serious financial difficulties due to general mismanagement, and many thought that the days of Normandy and Picardy competing at the contest had come to an end. However, all was not lost. RTN made a deal with the Picard broadcaster L'Association des Sociétés de Radiodiffusion Picard, forming a new broadcasting group, Les Sociétés de Radiodiffusion de la Normandie et Picardie - SRNP, alongside a number of smaller groups. The move was highly controversial in Normandy and Picardy, facing opposition from both Normands and Picards, and nearly failed to recieve the approval of the appropriate Government body, but all that really matters to you, viewer of this contest, is that it meant that Normandy and Picardy were back in the game, once SRNP received full accrediation, of course.

That minor issue dealt with, the broadcaster was at last ready to take on the mantle of the international festival of song that is WorldVision, returning to the contest in its 74th edition in Angradka, as you are no doubt able to tell. The show was to be a flagship programme from the broadcaster, going out live on SRNP 1, and part of a new slate of programming to try and challenge for ratings once again. Of course, merely broadcasting the show was likely to get them a lot of viewers, but naturally the broadcaster wanted to do as well as possible, with the Top 10 being the target for their return. The crew from the last Normand attempt at WorldVision were replaced by a new team headed by Antoine Guilles, also the executive in charge of SRNP Musique. In what was to be yet another controversial move, the channel proceeded to approach a series of Picard artists, trying to get them interested in taking part; doing so would make them the first Picard representatives at the WorldVision Song Contest in the history of Normandy and Picardy's participation, and would be a major milestone. In the end, they managed to convince not only a Picard musician, but arguably the most famous one in entirity of Normandy and Picardy, Marie Garain, to take part in the contest. Marie has had a long and successful career, with numerous number 1 hits in Normandy and Picardy, and being able to get an artist of her calibre involved was a major coup for SRNP. But, of course, the question was would it pay off?

As the postcard ended and the song begin, the camera shot showed a series of shots which began out of focus but became more so, before quickly cutting to another shot. What was shown was a large box in the centre of the stage, brought in especially by the Normand team, which showed wisps of smoke in a series of subtle blue and pink shades, against a purple background, whilst the LED screen in the back mirrored this image, but in one of the camera shots just before the verse began, amongst the smoke a face in the background LED seemed to be taking form, providing the perfect transition to show Marie - whose face it was in the smoke - on top of the box. She stood in a tight black dress, leaving her arms and much of her chest exposed, which came down over her legs, a little something like this, although the outfit is one long dress rather than a top and shorts, and she was wearing a pair of long boots rather than just heels. The camera shots for the first verse were tight, such that it seemed that the top of the box was rather the floor of the stage, with the large LED screen framing Marie as she sang. A spotlight shone on her, although the lights in the arena weren't too dark in any case, but it helped accentuate her position.

C'est pas assez à dire que c'etait un jeu
It's not enough to say that it was a game

Et ç'est pas assez pour moi à dire adieu
And it's not enough for me to say adieu

Car ça ne fait rien
Cause it doesn't matter

Il y a longtemps, ces mots ont perdus tout de leurs sens
Those words lost their meaning a long time ago

As she carried on into the next verse, the spotlight became more noticeable as it began to pulsate to the beat of the music. As the camera gave a tight panoramic shot from left to right, pulling out slightly as it went, Marie followed it around, arm outstretched, looking at once both sultry and in need of help, capturing the complex emotions that fuel this song. This pulsation seemed to be carried across to the background, with a slight wave-like effect seeming to travel through and disturb it.

Et je ne pense pas que je puisse poursuivre
And I don't think I can carry on

Comme ça, mais je veux que tu me donnes plus
Like this, but I want you to give me more

Je ne peux pas passer à autre chose
I can't move on

Et peut-etre je ne le veux pas
And perhaps I don't want to

The camera shot suddenly changed to one showing the full stage, now showing Marie and her box in the centre of the stage, now framed by the gold band around the stage. The wisps of smoke from the graphics carried on into the floor, making the background screen, the floor, and the box look interconnected. The waves through this smoke became more and more noticeable, as two more spotlights came down to join the first one on Marie, and followed her as she took her microphone from its stand and walked foward to the front of the cube. The camera shot gave a series of panoramic shots, coming slowly closer, before giving one final shot of Marie's face as the song temporarily seemed to die down and the lights from the spotlight faded.

Quoique je sache que je dois te partir
Even though I know I should leave you

Je peux pas me résoudre à le faire
I can't bring myself to do it

Que oui, je peux quitter si je veux
Oh yes, I could leave if I wanted

Mais tu sais que je suis à toi
But you know that I am yours

As the chorus burst into life, there was another sudden change as the audience at home were now shown that the box in fact consisted of a series of panels which could be made opaque, allowing images to be projected onto them, or translucent/transparent (hence the time wasted via focusing more on Marie, to allow for this to be utilised); this fact was shown by the fact that inside the box a woman who looked rather like Marie could now be seen in the box, in a ragged white robe somewhat like a wedding dress but nowhere near as over-the-top, torn in places and in general looking rather ruined. The dichotomy was clear; Marie the woman on the surface, the woman in the box her tormented soul within. Or some nonsense like that, that's the staging director said anyway. The woman in white danced around whilst Marie sung, and the camera gave a series of shots focusing on Marie and the dancer. At various times the dancer seemed to be trying to reach up and grab Marie's leg, before, as the chorus ended, she ran to the front face of the cube, where the camera focused entirely on her, hands against the mirror, face screaming of desperation.

Chaque fois que je t'abandonne
Every time that I leave you

Chaque fois je dit "ç'est finit"
Every time I say it's over

Je sais que je retournerai
I know that I'll come back

Parce que tu es le seul
Because you're the only one

Quelquefois j'adore la peine
Sometimes I love the pain

Et ton amour fait du mal
And your love hurts

Toujours j'accours à toi
I'll always come running back to you

Oui, tu es le seul
Yes, you're the only one

The camera feed for the audiences at homes across the multiverse now changed to show Marie once more, but with some friends. Two male dancers in rather tight clothing could be seen behind her, or rather their arms could, such that they looked like this (obviously with fewer arms, just imagine the top half). They turned around and held onto Marie, she and them almost seeming to pulsate to the beat of the song during the first line. The two dancers proceeded to step out to either side of Marie, leaning backwards such that their faces were directed towards Marie as the did so. Marie seemed to fall to the right, being grabbed by one of the dancers, who helped push her back up. The two male dancers then crossed their arms such that each of their hands touched the opposite shoulder, leaning out to the side, before crossing behind Marie.

I feel the lightning as you touch my skin
I feel the knife you twist deep into my soul
And I know that one day you'll be the death of me
I'm willing to risk it for one more day

The two male dancers then pushed their hands out in front of them, before pulling them up and over, then dragging one of their hands with the other down on to the chest, just above their hearts, whilst Marie raised her hand up before slowly and gently sliding it down the side of her face. The dancers then proceed to do two small "pulses" once more, before kneeling down and turning to reach up towards Marie, her arm again stretching up almost limply, as if she was dangling there. All whilst this dancing routine took place, the cameras gave a series of shots around the top of the box, which included one from behind as the dancers then proceed to pull themselves back up and adopt a pose with their legs shoulder width apart, hands and heads facing down, just before the chorus began again.

So I keep telling myself that I'm ok
Even though I'm falling apart inside
But you're always there to tear me apart
And then to pick me up again

Once again during the chorus, we were shown the dancer in white in the box dancing around, including some close up shots specifically of her, but now some of the smoke seemed to rise back up from the floor, as if trying to hide her away once more. The waves flowed through once again, whilst spotlights slowly searched across the audience and the edges of the stage, varying in colour between the various blue and purple shades, helping to add to the ambient lighting scheme. After the first camera shots which focused more on the wider arena and the dancer in the box, Marie could now be seen to be alone again, as if her dancers had disappeared. Marie seemed to almost throw herself over to the left, before lifting her arms up and back down and giving a little body wave. She turned around again, and gave a little lifted kick to the side, and then coming down into a kneel as the camera panned around her, Marie twisting around so as to follow the camera. Her dancing continued in this vein, whilst the dancer in the box again continued to spiral and move around, almost seeming to have no control over her actions, a stark contrast to the polished moves of Marie above.

And when I say it's over
Cause you're the only one

Sometimes it hurts to love you
Sometimes I love to hate you
But I'll always come running back
You're the only one
You're my only one

As the chorus ended, Marie proceeded to fall backwards off the box, after which the cameras cut immediately to show the dancer from the left hand side (so as to hide Marie being caught by the dancers and getting ready for the final chorus). Instead, the audience at home were shown the dancer in white, on the floor in the centre of the box, before she slowly seemed to regain her strength and pull herself back up, reaching out to the camera. The dancer in white also mimed the singing, done partly by Marie and partly by the hidden backing vocals. Then, Marie, or rather the back of her head, appeared in the camera shot as she walked forward towards the white dancer.

This is your last chance boy
Oui, tu es le seul
Et c'est ma dernière chance
And this is my last chance

Croyez moi
Believe me

However, before she could reach out and "touch hands" via the glass, she was pulled back by the two dancers from earlier, and with them she came round to the audience/front of stage side of the box. They began a similar dance routine to the ones already described, but they were now joined in this by the white dancer in the box herself, who mirrored Marie's actions almost exactly. The floor and the LED background slowly began to change too, the wisps of smoke being replaced by more solid shapes and forms, slowly building up as if trying to build a hard exterior to hide the fragility within, or something to that effect, or so I am told. As the song came towards it end, the two male dancers suddenly dropped to the floor, and Marie turned around to face the dancer in white once more. She walked towards her, and reached out to her. The two touched hands across the glass, as the box itself began to become more opaque again and be replaced by a wall of blue-pink, hiding the dancer away. Fade to black. C'est finit!

Chaque fois que je t'abandonne

Chaque fois je dit "ç'est finit"
Every time I say it's over

Je sais que je retournerai

Parce que tu es le seul
Because you're the only one

Quelquefois j'adore la peine
Sometimes I love the pain

Et ton amour fait du mal
And your love hurts

Toujours j'accours à toi
I'll always come running back to you

Oui, tu es le seul
Yes, you're the only one

You're the only one

And with that, the Normand entry was over. How would Marie do? Only time could tell. For now, she was content enough to shout "Merci Angradka!" out to the crowd, savouring the moment, before the preparations for the next entry began.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:39 am

Kalosia
Sea of Tears — Yasmin
performed in English to the tune of Femme à la mer — Hoshi

note: Unfortunately internet issues happened which means that although I was able to finish the entry, I was unable to post it. This update past the deadline has been approved of the WV Committee. In this entry, Yasmin (our WV60 entrant who is returning) starts off with a blue cloak and is later removed by the four male backing dancers, revealing a sparkling green dress. Given my circumstances, I hope you take that into consideration when scoring my RP rather than simply looking at text density.

I got to grow up in the sorrows
Was forced to beg and steal and borrow
But in this dawn I’ve come so far
Away from life that once was hard

Though I will never hurt a fly
I stay alive because you cry
From all the pain you cannot hide
No matter how hard you will try

They say they want a river flow
But they do not reap what they sow
What happens next?

You know it all comes to an end
But they don’t know where they were lead

You will bow, you will bow, you will bow
You’ll bow down before me, before me, before me
Because I am the queen, I’m the queen, I’m the queen
In this weeping sea of tears

Because here I am the queen, I’m the queen, I’m the queen
I’ve abandoned all my fears

But in this palace lies their sins
In which the stories all begin
But still you feel the stirring wind
Which blows to where it’s never been

They say they want a river flow
But they do not reap what they sow
What happens next?

You know it all comes to an end
But they don’t know where they were lead

Come to me, tell me your story
Come to me and never worry
Words the mouth doesn’t know
In your eyes the secrets are shown

Last edited by Kalosia on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:29 pm

David Lewis - "Semper"
Tune: Moby - "Lift Me Up" (arr. Evan Barnard).
(Mirror (worse audio quality): https://youtu.be/pT_Y-eodTv4.)

David Lewis is back at the WorldVision Song Contest for the first time since WorldVision Song Contest 41, which was one of the first to be held in Britonisea. The longevity of Britonisea and Mister X took many years, as it seems will David Lewis. At that contest, he stunned the competition by taking the first two sets of douze points, but votes dried up from there and was relatively disappointed to only come away with a top 10 position. Fast forward 33 editions and almost nothing has changed from the perspective of MRX Television. MRX Television has one win since then, but have not had a good run of it lately, finishing just 16th last edition, and as the contest juggernaut rolls on into the 74th WorldVision Song Contest, MRX is looking for a return to the good old days. It has been some time since MRX sent an entry in its national language of Latin, but it was decided that if they did the same thing as usual they might well result in the same thing as usual. The song, "Semper" (Always) is about the way that loyalty will cause humans do to unnatural actions, in the name of love and life. For ever. Always and forever. And no one can know about that more than David Lewis, whose music career began in such an unconventional way. David Lewis had once won the Mister Xian "Find Me A Model" competition in 2014. He then won a supermarket contract thanks to his legs (he had to go around, opening them all day). Whilst he went round, opening them left, right, and centre, he would sing previous Mister Xian WorldVision tunes to himself, and when one producer saw his vocal talents, he knew he had to sign him up for a record deal. His comeback single, "Roree", resulted in a triple platinum certificate and relaunched his music career. His loyalty to MRX Television, however, never waned, and now his loyalty has resulted in a second bite at the WorldVision cherry.

Tonight, Rick is wearing a white formal shirt and black trousers with black shoes. The top button of his shirt was undone, and thus creating a smart casual look that was somehow in place with the overall generic-icity of the song. He stands centre stage, playing an electric guitar, with a full backing band. The drummer, Stingo Rarr, was right behind him, with a rare problem in that he was left-handed but the drum kit was right-handed, meaning he adopted a rather unorthodox uncross-handed technique that was not going to be noticed by the untrained eye. His drumming had been criticised in the past for being not that great, but no one was complaining, and people either loved him or hated him. Also accompanying him on stage were two more male guitarists, Don Beacon, and Ryan Bay. The music started and on the back wall was a video of various things, each of them with a left-to-right camera movement, despite jump cuts, which made it look as though everything we were panning through was continuous but separate at the same time. The camera pulls out slowly from starting with a shot of David that is tight, ending on a wide shot of the whole stage. The lighting is very dark and is in a black-and-white motif.

ex mensa (ex mensa) [[From the table (from the table)]]
mensa de vitae (mensa de vitae) [[The table of life (the table of life)]]
per via ambvlo (per via ambvlo) [[I walk down the road (I walk down the road)]]
et iam domvm eo (iam domvm eo) [[And now I go home (now I go home)]]

The camera, in the same singular camera move (the entire song takes place in one shot), now rises up and goes higher than the stage slowly. The lights go up slightly, maintaining a black-and-white motif, and the video on the back becomes whiter, alternating between solid black and solid white.

et iam sum (et iam sum) [[And I am now (and I am now)]]
domvm redio (domvm redio) [[I'm coming back home (I'm coming back home)]]
nvmqvam relinqvo (nvmqvam relinqvo) [[I never left (I never left)]]
nvmqvam relinqvo (nvmqvam relinqvo) [[I never left (I never left)]]

The camera pulls out, swivelling towards the audience, does a slow spin, during which the lights alternate between black and white on each second beat, and then drops down and zooms in to be in medium-shot, front on, at face height, as the chorus starts. When the chorus starts the lights flash gently and the back wall changes to a black circle emitting white energy as sound waves in all directions.

per semper, per semper, semper et semper, [[For always, for always, always and always]]
per semper, per semper, semper et semper, [[For always, for always, always and always]]

The camera effectively crashes into the floor, looking up at the band, and the lights go down.

ex tenaebris (ex tenaebris) [[From the darkness (from the darkness)]]
lvcem invenimvs (lvcem invenimvs) [[We find the light (we find the light]])
et iam "iam" dico (et iam "iam" dico) [[And now I say "now" (now I say "now")]]
domvm redio (domvm redio) [[I'm coming back home (I'm coming back home)]]

As before, the lights raise up slightly for the second part of the verse.

sed venire (sed venire) [[But come (but come)]]
venire mecvm (venire mecvm) [[Come with me (come with me)]]
et nvmqvam respecto (nvnmqvam respecto) [[And I never look back (I never look back)]]
iam porro, iremvs (porro iremvs) [[Now onwards, we must go (onwards, we must go)]]

The camera does a double spin before, as per the first chorus, the camera focuses on the band, and the background changes towards to a black circle emitting white energy as sound waves in all directions.

The lights change towards an orange motif and get more dramatic. The camera pans around the stage, looking at each of the band members in turn, before zooming out on the high note.

Ohhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhh, ohhh ohhhhh.... oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

David vocalises during this final chorus, modulating some of the higher notes, as the camera moves around the stage as pyrotechnics go off, and the background video stops playing, leaving a golden shower of sparks at the back and all the pyrotechnics.

David shows off the final guitar chord by playing it and then throws it up in the air, before the camera zooms out and then fades out to black.

Edited after deadline, with Committee permission, to add mirror tune link.
Last edited by Mister X on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Commentary by BITC

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 am

BITC Presents;
Live Coverage of the 74th Edition of the WorldVision Song Contest in Angradka, Polkopia
Your commentators for the evening are Rigas Jengiz and Cole Heiman.
Broadcast started 19:55 GMT+1.

Rigas Jengiz: Hello everybody! Welcome to the broadcast of the 74th edition of the WorldVision Song Contest! To think that our debut was at the 31st WorldVision Song Contest is almost unbelievable. I am Rigas Jengiz...
Cole Heiman: And I am Cole Heiman and we will be taking you through tonight's proceedings. Yeah, I agree with you Rigas! It has been 43 editions since we debuted at the WorldVision Song Contest and in that time we have sent 34 entries...with tonight being our 35th entry and this time we're being headed by two Todlichebujokis!
Rigas: Yeah! I think this is the first time in Britonish history that we've had foreign Britonish representatives. Though, I must say that Jun-iči is half Britonish, yeah. He is from the island city of St Kings Bay.
Cole: That is correct. It's so exciting to see Britonish people opening up and sending something totally different. Of course, you know Jun-iči and Ekkehard from Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019. They won the Jury vote didn't they?
Rigas: Yes, they did! They came third overall with the Britonish televote seemingly preferring Alyxhia, AUTUMN and Rochelle haha.
Cole: Evidently that was a good thing to do, seeing the success that it has bough Britonisea last edition - we came first once again! This is the fifth time we've come to the WorldVision Song Contest as the returning champions wanting to hold that title for longer.
Rigas: We will come back to Alyxhia in just a second, but yeah it is amazing that we have yet another win in the bag. The 73rd WorldVision Song Contest marked the fifth time that we won the contest. We are now the second best nation ever to grace the WorldVision stage.
Cole: That's great news, isn't it? It's always great to see the success that we have compared to the past when we used to come like 41st.
Rigas: I think all of Britonisea can agree with you there. We were in Estogium last edition, which was cool! They hosted for the first time in 40 editions since their debut. They really enjoyed it and we hosted the contest again in Novapax.
Rigas: You know what, so many Novapaxian nations are participating in this edition - it might be off of the back of the Britonish win. Darkmania is participating - I am going down the list running orderwise...Estogium, Britonisea, Titaniumland are returning (our South Western neighbours), Wolfrenia are returning (our Southern neighbours) wow, even Taeseon are participating, Bloodbath Generation are coming back alongside Togonistan.We will have a good night of Novapaxian music spread all across the evening.
Cole: Yeah, I totally agree with you. It is great having so many regional countries coming in. Togonistan, Estogium (as a part of ABEN), Taeseon, Darkmania - they all voted in Vha Mehlodhvestoile. Quite a few other nations that participated in Vha Mehlodhivestoile are performing tonight...Kalosia...Axuva...Polkopia (our hosts for the evening)...Besen!
Rigas: Exactly! Right, we better get started with the proceedings. The colours go down and it's time for the first performance. Look there's colours of our flag - I think all of you guys at home will know this tune.

00. Opening Act

Cole: Well, that was quite a big and grand opening for what was quite a mellow version of an absolute banger - don't you think?
Rigas: I really liked it - I don't know. You know, the lyrics are so simple and so universal - it's actually so interesting to see it in this light and Elise, I guess, did a good job of the song.
Cole: Also, haha I loved the advertisement of Britonisea. Our flag and colours were heavily shown so hopefully, people will remember to vote for us tonight hah!
Rigas: We have the same colours in our flag as Estogium lol. But also, our entry tonight has a lot of those colours used in the entry...hopefully people don't forget it.
Cole: I thought the end of the song was nice...but meh, let's move on...it's the Parade of Nations.

00. Parade of Nations
(RPed during the song)

Cole: So as you can see - many nations participating. To think that (nearly) double the number of nations are participating in this edition compared to two editions ago. As you can see some of the nations that performed rather last last edition are starting early this edition - we can see Scotatrova and Kishrael...
Rigas: Oh look at that, there's our host for the evening - they seem to have gotten quite a large response from the audience...of course they would've haha!
Cole: We have some returning nations..Ceyesca and Darkmania...Talvezout but now we move on to our ABEN nations. Tonight, they're performing for the first time next to each other for 20 or so editions!
Rigas: Young Ola Ruah representing Estogium there...I think she will do well tonight. Next is Britonisea with Jun-iči and Ekkehard- they look so so so happy.
Cole: I think that they will do well tonight. Achean Republic is participating under this name...oh look and it's Elejamie coming back to the contest. Nice to see them back, don't you think?
Rigas: Titaniumland's act is looking great..
Cole: There's Izmedu going past, they, of course, came 2nd place to us the last edition so they might wanna be coming for blood this edition. They follow Besen who came third last edition. Good nations...
Rigas: I really don't like this music, I must say, it's so bloody annoying! Right, you guys can see our southern and western neighbours, Wolfrenia and Taeseon walking through the arena. We love them!
Cole: There's Indo States - I am surprised that they're participating in this edition after the Polkopian-Indo States war.
Rigas: I thought that was just a meme? Was it real?
Cole: To be honest, I don't know anymore. Oh look there it's Bloodbath Generation walking by, we just missed them. Rick Leg looking Missus Xian as normal.
Rigas: There goes Togonistan...yep! 17 years old she is - can you believe that! Good luck to her! There goes Normandy and Picardy, they're returning after taking a bit of a hiatus. They will do well tonight, I think.
Cole: Kalosia are hoping to do pretty well tonight as well...let's see how far that gets them. Danny for Mister X is participating. He represented Mister X at the 41st WorldVision Song Contest actually - the first time Britonisea hosted the competition. All those editions ago.
Rigas: Right, it's time for the first song of the night! It's North Arenia - lets see how they will do tonight, should we?

01. North Arenia
Federico Anerio, Arano, Martino Eneala and Mr Dur - Il Suono (WIP on staging)

Rigas: So there's a lot of them on the stage but they are not a band - they're not a boy group, guys. They are four separate guys singing a song together, I guess. I rather liked the song, but that's pretty much it. I didn't think that it stands out or anything.
Cole: I agree with that statement, I guess. I am not sure how well rap does. Of course, Togonistan's win is the win we speak about as proof that a rap song can win the contest - but Togonistan won like 17 editions ago. I like the chorus the best, I guess.
Rigas: The men are gorgeous but I feel like the song doesn't necessarily go anywhere, it's very one level.
Cole: If you'd like to vote for North Arenia, if you'd like to vote for them at the WorldVision Song Contest, all you have to do is call 0123 4567 8901 or you can vote via the WorldVision Song Contest app which you can find online. But remember, lines open when all acts have finished.
Rigas: Next up we have Amuaplye who...are well...sending loads of people once again. Let's see if their entry is any better than the last edition.

02. Amuaplye
A Few Men - Дак Лентгед

Cole: So the band is called A Few Men but there's a woman there so...what's the deal with that? What's going on there??
Rigas: I don't know and I really don't care, to be honest, Cole. I just had to sit through that for 8 minutes. No offence but Song Number 02 will not be winning for the first time at the 74th WorldVision Song Contest. I liked it for about two minutes but after that it kept on going on and on and on in a language I just didn't understand.
Cole: Not saying that you don't want other languages...
Rigas: Of course, I would like to hear different languages but I guess it's what made this song way more disinteresting. It wasn't bad, it just was too long.
Cole: Well, I certainly thought that was an entry and a half. If you'd like to vote for Amuaplye then you know what to do when lines open...0123 4567 8902.
Rigas: It's time for Axuva to perform...it's Javia!

03. Axuva
Javia - ? (WIP)

Rigas: Well, one thing that I can definitely confirm is that Axuva is slowly getting better and better at the WorldVision Song Contest but the problem is...they got ideas from a lot of nations and just chucked them into one performance.
Cole: I wasn't sure about the song but I see what you mean about the performance. Perhaps too many things are going on at the same time. I think they need to focus on having a few dancers instead of employing their own plus other nations'. They must've had to hire out a whole aeroplane to get the delegation abroad, aye?
Rigas: Yeah! It kinda took my mind off of what was happening, to be honest. I didn't like that.
Cole: Better though...if you'd like to vote for Axuva, please feel free to call 0123 4567 8903 or vote via the app when lines open.
Rigas: Next up is Scotatrova, and they were quite liked by Britonisea the last edition so let's see how things go this edition.
Cole: Indeed, let's see!

04. Scotatrova
Lila Cruz - Tude saluthí súe reign

Rigas: And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the first female ballad that we've had of this edition - I was beginning to wonder where they had gone. But no, Scotatrova pulled through there.
Cole: The song was alright, wasn't it? I preferred the guys at the last edition much more than this woman. The song is fine though and it seems good to have Scotatrovian at the WorldVision Song Contest for the first time. Is this the first time? If they had it before, I forgot about it haha.
Rigas: Yeah well it's quite an emotional song, isn't it? Even shown through the staging and all fo that.
Cole: Will it be remembered after another 30 songs? I am not too sure. Either way, if you would like to vote for them, you ought to call 0123 4567 8904 when lines open or vote via the app.
Rigas: Up next, it is the amazing Vartugia! I say that with a whole load of sarcasm.

05. Vartugia
Talentless Twat- We Sing a Song

Cole: Wow and to actually think that I was liking the start of that song and then afterwards it just went downhill like I have no idea what was going on...I..don't know what to say.
Rigas: Well, to be honest, what do you expect from Vartugia. If you expected a fantastic song you will be very disappointed by what they actually provide to you. Like it is totally inappropriate...some of the things.
Cole: Like drawing a phallus in the sand...that's totally inappropriate, I agree. I also think that the random "Izmeduan" snorting things is totally inappropriate too. What do you think?
Rigas: Yeah you've said nothing wrong, mate! So if you'd like to vote for Vartugia then call 0123 4567 8905...not sure why you would. But you can also vote via the online app...it might be a bit easier for you.

06. Kishrael
Cinderella Ra'ah - Soredet (Survive)

Cole: Okay, well Cinderella won the WorldVision Song Contest 33 all those editions ago when Ekoz hosted in the competition. That was their third win out of four and they won the edition afterwards. Bare in mind the 33rd WorldVision Song Contest was our third participation ever. Hopefully, that gives you context to how long Kishrael has waited to win. This song...is very busy, I find. I think that's very Kishraeli music scene anyway...busy in terms of what is going on with the song. It's okay.
Rigas: I was left rather disappointed by the song's chorus but I think that it's a real contender tonight. It would be interesting to see them winning tonight, it's like returning artists winning the contest for the second time in a row. I think Kishrael wants to win the contest.
Cole: Especially due to nations such as ours kinda moving in and pulling away from their 4 wins.
Rigas: One thing I liked about the staging was the animalistic patterns on the screen, I thought they were cool but yeah. So far so good. Out of the songs so far, it'll definitely do well.
Cole: If you'd like to vote for Kishrael, all you have to do is call 0123 4567 8906 and bomb vote sent. Though, please do it after the lines close. We now move on to the most successful nation in WorldVision and hosts of the 74th WorldVision Song Contest...Polkopia! He's a real cutey.

07. Polkopia
Markus Xavier - Please Don't Say Goodbye

Cole: So apparently Britonisea's jury ranked this song #1 in their National Final. Now, I didn't listen to the other songs in their National Final but I am not sure about this song in all honesty. I like the verses and then the chorus is just a bit whiny, I don't know what to say.
Rigas: I think the song is inoffensive. At the end of the day, you're not going to send an entry that could either win or flop when you're hosting. I think this song will just do them well.
Cole: The staging was about mental illness or something...it was good staging for a song like how it was. I just don't know how memorable it will actually be when it comes to voting.
Rigas: Also people will stop and think - yeah, he's the homeboy and he sang a cute song. Bless him. Inoffensive and cool - yeah, that's about it though.
Cole: If you think that Markus Xavier should win the contest, you could just call 0123 4567 8907. You can alternatively vote via the app! Anyway...up next is song number eight and the nation that is...is...oh Darkmania.

08. Darkmania
Erÿk Dÿrmal- Sÿrma (Sinner)

Rigas: So I am about to serve some tea and the tea that I am going to serve is that...it is a rip off from Ekoz's WorldVision Song Contest entry back at the 46th WorldVision Song Contest which is such a shame. That song went 5th in the Britonish Charts.
Cole: And you remember that how?
Rigas: Because a lot of people have been talking about it on social media and so I thought that I'd check it out and yes I remember that entry and yes, it does sound similar to it. So I am not too hot on this.
Cole: Judging from what we are just seeing tonight, I think it was pretty good. I think a nation such as Ekoz probably did pull it off better. Also, similarly to Markus from Polkopia, this man is gay and suffered abuse etcetera etcetera etcetera.
Rigas: Not that original of a story, is it? If you'd like to vote for Darkmania, please call 0123 4567 8908. Then again, stories get used over and over again so...

09. Ceyesca
Ariana Torres - Expose Myself

Cole: So this is on the same wavelength as Axuva's entry but I think I prefer Axuva's entry to this. I don't really like songs from this...genre of music, I guess. So perhaps that is the reason why I am not really connecting with the song at all...what do you think of the song?
Rigas: There is a lot of pink, it's a very bubblegum entry - I think. Like..very sweet when it comes to the staging...yeah, I am not too sure about that. The song, on the other hand, I am not sure it's going to be remembered all that well. I like this nation and actually, they like our entries too so...I hope they do well tonight and all but, in all honesty, I can't rate their chances.
Cole: Who do you think will place higher out of Ceyesca and Axuva?
Rigas: Out of the pair, I think probably Axuva but I would give them a chance...Ceyesca that is.
Cole: Well if you want to give Ceyesca a chance, call 0123 4567 8909 - we're nearly at Britonisea but two more nations to go! Up next is Talvezout!

10. Talvezout
Lorenzo - Seasons

Cole: Now I am going to guess that a small percentage of you understood a word of that at home. Spanish isn't really taught back at home, I know, but the lyrics to this song is actually very deep and to be honest, I really like the song...I th-
Rigas: It's another ripoff if you ask me but I am not going to out Talvezout like I did Darkmania- I did like Lorenzo's song and the lyrics are absolutely beautiful. The staging is very religious...I mean...who the hell are all these angels like, please?
Cole: Lorenzo is a Godess, isn't she though!? She is beautiful and her voice is pretty angelic if you ask me. I hope this does well tonight!
Rigas: I don't...for reasons I've said before.
Cole: Okay then... Well if you'd like to vote for Talvezout, all you have to do is call 0123 4567 8910 or you can vote via the app.
Rigas: But don't do anything until all of the songs have finished performing.

Rigas: And those were the first ten entries...what do you think?
Cole: If I had to think of one nation that I could remember the most so far, it'd probably be Kishrael actually. Not necessarily because I thought it was bombastic but because I thought that it was the most memorable and I appreciated that. I also appreciate Talvezout's entry.
Rigas: Yeah I would agree with you on Kishrael being the most memorable. I did like Axuva's song...not sure about the staging...but maybe that'll play to their favour. Let's see aye?
Cole: We now move onto Estogium, the first of the next two ABEN performances.

11. Estogium
Ola Ruah - Jealousy

Cole: I am sorry but I think that out of the songs that we have heard so far...this song is definitely up there and Estogium is definitely in the game to do well this edition.
Rigas: I thought their entry last edition, by Palladium, was pretty good and I thought they deserved a top 5 result but they finished in 9th place. I think this song is better than that song and so, despite the larger field, I hope that Estogium will go on to do much better than 9th in this contest.
Cole: There is a great use of effects, I think it's pretty awesome if you ask me. I think it looks like a professional attempt and this is probably Estogium's best shot at their first victory ever! Let's hope, aye!?
Rigas: That would be so good for Ola, I think. If you'd like to vote for Estogium, please don't be scared to vote via the WorldVision Song Contest app or even vote calling 0123 4567 8911 when lines open.
Cole: Up next is Britonisea. We are being represented by VM2019 third-placers. Let's see how they got in with their very explorative staging...

12. Britonisea
Jun-iči Hoch & Ekkehard Liinamaa - On My Own

Cole: And that was our 35th WorldVision song ever - I quite liked it and I know many people back at home liked it a lot...what's your opinion on the song then?
Rigas: I feel like the song is one of the better songs tonight and I feel as though the song will definitely do rather well tonight. As we said earlier, loads of nations that gave this song high points are participating, the staging is really cool..so why not?
Cole: The guys seem to look as though they were having a lot of fun on the stage as well, I thought that it was a good effort and one Britonisea can be sure will keep up their stellar record.
Rigas: And as commentators we are not just saying that...if we sent a bad song, I'd say so.
Cole: You can't vote for Britonisea unfortunately, but don't worry we have a nation that you will be able to vote for...Voxija!

13. Voxija
Voxa-It Wasn't Real

Rigas: Right so I am not sure what that was, to be honest. I was just sitting here and the song didn't actually go anywhere...instead what did happen was a few strings were added and that's it.
Cole: Voxa is one of the most loved singers in Voxija...doubt Voxa will be the most loved singer at the WorldVision Song Contest. I don't really understand why they decided to show the flag after the rain? It seems like forced propaganda to me. Like, you can do it in a much subtler way. An example is literally our entry when we used Britonish colours and Todlichebujoki colours to represent our flags.
Rigas: I get you, this just shoves it in your face - right? You don't like it.
Cole: Good effort but I don't think they will be placed on the left-hand side of the board.
Rigas: If you'd like to disprove Cole's prediction, then please feel free to call 0123 4567 8913! Or vote via the app when the liens open.
Cole: Up next is Achean Republic!

14. Achean Republic
Los Dos - Enséñame a Amar (Show Me How To Love)

Rigas: (silence) ...No.
Cole: It was one of those cheesy male love songs from like the 2000s or maybe even before. Look, it isn't my cup of tea and I doubt that Britonisea will be that much of a fan of this song.
Rigas: I like the guy on the right, he's hot! Again, though, we have another Spanish song. Talvezout and Achean Republic's television watchers must be going crazy for each other.
Cole: Meanwhile, the Britonish will just sit down blankly. I mean was the topless man that necessary as well...He could've put a top on. It was all kinds of cheesy, just cheese.
Rigas: I mean I wasn't complaining about the hot topless dude, was I? I agree though it's very cheesy - mature cheddar mate.
Cole: I don't know how well they'll do tonight, but something tells me...something tells me...that won't be getting tens of points.
Rigas: Maybe a couple...haha. If you'd like to vote for Achean Republic, please call 0123 4567 8914.
Cole: Up next performing is Antenovaria - let's see how it goes...

15. Antenovaria
WIP

16. Elejamie

Rigas: So what I don't understand is why the hell he is calling himself Artist Unknown when obviously he is known and he is here. I don't really think it makes all that much sense.
Cole: I don't think it makes all that much sense either. They came 12th place last time they participated with 60 points...This time, eh I am not sure if they'll finish as high...I don't know. It sounded like a whole load of noise to me if you ask me.
Rigas: Seems like they used a similar sync thing to us but, of course, we did it in a different way. I dunno, I am just not really feeling the song.
Cole: The staging could be further improved, right?
Rigas: Oh definitely, I thought that the staging didn't help the song when, to be honest, I think it could've.
Cole: If you liked the entry by Elejamie, I think you should call 0123 4567 8916 or vote via the app! This is only when lines close though.
Rigas: RIGHT! Up next it's Titaniumland - another nation from Novapax! They're sending Mahmood...who by the way...has performed all around the place including Britonisea.
Cole: Let's hope they do well.

17. Titaniumland
Bilal - Wanted

Rigas: I think that was actually a really good entry, I am so happy that Titaniumland has returned to the WorldVision Song Contest because they definitely know good music. There's a reason why Titan acts do well in Britonisea when exposed to a show such as this contest.
Cole: Yeah, Titaniumland have similar tastes to that of Britonisea and so I understand that this will get loads of appeal back at home and I think we can be expected to give them some points, to be honest.
Rigas: Do you rate Titaniumland's chances to win the WorldVision Song Contest all together?
Cole: I mean, why not? They obviously knew that they were doing staging-wise and song-wise so I don't think that there is anything stopping them necessarily from winning so why not - I think they could. What about you?
Rigas: I think it's a good song...not sure if it's gonna win but I can see top 10 or even 5.
Cole: If you'd like to vote for Titaniumland, please call 0123 4567 8917 or alternatively, vote via the app! Okay, we MARCH on! It's um... Greater Korean Juche Republic.

18. Greater Korean Juche Republic
A TAKE ON THE POCHONBO ELECTRONIC ENSEMBLE FAVORITE - Cheers For Your Infinitude!

Cole: So this is very...patriotic. We don't appreciate songs of propaganda, do we?
Rigas: No, I do not think we they will do very well but of course...it doesn't matter how well they do because at least they got their message heard...innit?
Cole: Exactly! It doesn't really matter at all...anyway, I won't be voting for it.
Rigas: If you'd like to vote, call 0123 4567 8918 or vote via the app...or don't...it's completely up to you! Right!

Rigas: We are now halfway through all of the acts - who did you like the most in that section of nations?
Cole: I have to say, I thought that the Novapaxian efforts were the best. Estogium, Britonisea and Titaniumland really, really did themselves proud here. I think they will all do well tonight.
Rigas: I certainly hope so - all the entries were pretty spectacular weren't they. I was disappointed by this section and Song 18 really put the final nail in the coffin for me.
Cole: Next up, it's Izmedu!
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:59 am

35. _Tödlichebujoku_

One More Breath

Saori Rinne & Yuvenal Muhlfeld

Yuvenal stands on one side of the stage, facing away from center stage. He looks downward, shaking his head, voice cracking slightly with emotion. The rest of the stage is dark, aside from a gloomy blue spotlight that illuminates him

No more lies, no more fights, words of spite
Don't pretend, all is fine, after such disaster

Another blue light illuminates Saori, in a slim black dress, on the other side of the stage, facing away. Their backs are to each other, and all of center stage separates them. Saori's head is bowed, but her figure is upright

Say no more, I won't break, make your peace
Time's now come, to back down, quench the fire

They turn around and step toward one another, slowly. The lights brighten so that there is an ambient aqua lighting and a white spotlight on each

Hold your breath, count away
Cool your tongue, let it fade
Heal these hearts in silence
And live again

The stage spotlights, all white, swing out as the chorus begins. Saori and Yuvenal circle each other, grooving to the music. The camera focuses on close-in shots of the two

One more breath, one more touch,
Though we are, worlds apart
There is no vict'ry, in all this conflict

One more step, one more glance,
You and I, never far
Once more together, nothing will stop us

During the dance break, the two step in a circle, perhaps with hands clasped. It is clear that there is a stronger feeling of friendship than there is of love

After the dance break, the lights dim down to a few spotlights on the pair. They face each other

Let us rise, feel the highs, this delight
We shall dance, we shall build, to greater heights

Put the past behind and we can see the light
Dawn returns, and all reveals, clear in hindsight

They stand back to back and sink to the ground

Hold your breath, count away
Cool your tongue, let it fade
Heal these hearts in silence
And live again

The lights sweep out, as the two whirl together as one unit. The lighting is crisp and clear, pure and joyful. Golden pyros fall behind them as the camera swoops in for a close shot, their faces lit up in delight. The two adventure about the stage as they do so, the camera following along

You and I, never far

You and I, never far

They end on a platform embedded into the stage that slowly rises, freezing for a moment face to face before the lights cut out
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:32 pm

ETV1 presents WorldVision 74 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

21 - Antabrantahstan

FT: What is that thing she's got on her head?
CE: I don't know, I tend to avoid the weirder side of modelling. I can't pull it off as well as you'd think.
FT: Probably better than me anyway.
CE: That'd be a sight to see! Song wasn't super great, B-T-dubs, but I can see it getting a fan base and making it to the top half of the table.

22 - Nekoni

FT: This sounds like something from a 90s anime.
CE: It's a good thing you like anime, right?
FT: I do. This song was OK but I know you like it more than me.
CE: That I do. I can't decide between this remix and the original so I'll say they're both good in my book.

23 - Ethane

CE: I don't really know about this one. It feels a bit, shall we say...
FT: Boring?
CE: I think so. It might be good for someone but it doesn't feel that way for me.

24 - Wolfrenia (DQ'd but commentating on it anyway)

CE: It was OK, leaning closer to the positive side of OK. I'd ask Flynn what he thought but we'd all know the answer.

25 - Republic of Taeseon

CE: A stripped back ballad. A surefire dark horse if I ever heard one.
FT: I surprisingly liked this one.
CE: And Fluh-yeen liked it, so that's a bonus point.

26 - Fatiman Federation

FT: Cue the child-minded among us to replace the F with a B.
CE: How old are these contestants? Anyway, the song. What are your thoughts on it?
FT: It sounds like I'm in a shopping mall from the 80s.
CE: It does sounds like that, yes. So is that bad or good or in between?
FT: One of them.

27 - Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska (VIR)

CE: How do you pronounce that in English?
FT: I can get the Venkatanaros right, as it sounded like the owner of a Greek restaurant I went to back in university. After that it looks like a cat's wondered onto the keyboard.
CE: OK, because in Iyilim we just use the initials. Vuh-ee-ruh.
FT: Interesting, interesting.
CE: Anyway, I found it kind of funny. Don't think it'll win but it was still enjoyable for what it was.

28 - Lagoa

CE: I pretty damn well love this track! I can't see why TOBUK wasn't that keen on it, this could potentially make a top five!
FT: I wouldn't go that far, Cerin.
CE: I will, though.

29 - Bloodbath Generation

TBA

30 - Missus X

CE: Ah, Rick Leg. How we missed you. How we missed you and whoever the jury is in your nation seem to be the only people who live in your nation. And whoever runs MSX TV.
FT: I think the last two are the same person.
CE: Either way, we also miss your entries which are just... bleh.
FT: "Bleh" indeed. Just be glad we're past the watershed so we can't censor you. We could try but there's no point. It'll do well, though. As is tradition.

31 - Togonistan

FT: Well that was something.
CE: Something kind of good, really. Powerful vocals, even if the music itself has a little too much power.

32 - Normandy and Picardy

CE: A decent enough tune, it'll also do quite well this time around.
FT: You're right about the first bit but I don't know, it started OK for me but ended up sounding a bit generic.

33 - Kalosia

CE: A little jazzy-swingy number, fairly decent.
FT: I liked it, if I had to pick a personal favourite out of the ones we've had, it's this one.

34 - Mister X

FT: Another good one. The lyrics got a bit Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+V towards the end but it still works.
CE: Too bad I wasn't raised Catholic so I don't understand a word of it.
FT: My dad was but we didn't have any relatives to teach us it.
CE: Still, I could imagine this scoring high from the Elejamian public. Well done, Mister S. X, sorry.

35 - Todlichbujoku

CE: And that's the last one! Not as good as the one before it but it's still a decent pop ditty and a good way to close things off.
FT: And it looks like a power cut hit while they were in the middle of their song.
CE: Hey, yeah, it did a bit. It worked, though.
Last edited by Elejamie on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:05 pm

Boris Yupusov is a Polkopian comedian, widely-known for his satirical remarks on political and social issues in the country and a few comedic songs he's written on the same subjects. The PNB's decision for picking him as the interval act was to introduce Polkopian comedy to the multiverse and make the show much more light-hearted and fun rather than a serious cutthroat competition. When it was announced Boris would be performing, the decision had an overwhelmingly popular reception from the public and many took to the internet to profess their gratitude for choosing such an act. Many also wondered what Boris's song would be, and there have been several alleged leaked copies of the song he intended to sing at Worldvision, however those rumors were quickly dispelled and proved to be falsified.

Martina: "Okay everyone, that's the last of it! All nations have performed and it's up to you to support your favorite act. Once again, you cannot vote for your own country, no mater how many times you try to do so. Of course, you still will be charged by the Worldvision Committee, so please feel free to do so if you like giving all of your money away!"

Rikon: "Anyway, thank you, everyone, for performing tonight. It was a great show and an honor for us to have you perform in Angradka tonight. Can we get a round of applause for all of these talented musicians!?"

The audience bursts into a loud round of applause

Martina: "Right, so we're moments away from voting, where you at home will be able to decide who walks away with the Worldvision trophy tonight! Shall we get started then! Okay, shall we, Rikon?"

Martina and Rikon: "Multiverse, start voting now!"

The sound of the audience's applause was drowned out and followed up by a video which showed a recap of all songs from tonight's show in Angradka. Each song played for 10 seconds before moving on to the next one, and then the next one, on and on until the last song was shown. From there, the camera panned to the stage, where the lights were completely dark.

The instrumentation faded in, as did the lights, and Boris was seen sitting atop a large pedestal, looking down at the ground. He wore a loose-fitting white shirt with the first three buttons unbuttoned and tight black trousers. When the 'claps' of the beat sounded, Boris clapped his hands together over his head in-sync with the beat and at the drop (0:16) he looked up and jumped up, seductively running his hands along the trim on his shirt. As the beat continued, he ran his hands over his head and moved his hips in an over-the-top dance routine.

During the first line, Boris saluted the audience and pointed to himself. For the second line, he extended his arms to either side and looked around with a wide grin on his face. He maintained the pose all throughout the third line as well.

Dobriy pripliy vsem moy lektsiy
Welcome, everyone, to my lecture

Očen rad, čito vam priplo
I'm glad you've all arrived

Eto moy lavitniy telešow
This is my favorite TV show

The camera panned to a trio of people on the other end of the stage. One of them played a large bass drum that was larger than he was, another played the tuba which was almost equally as big, and the third one played the trumpet. They all wore red and white vertically-striped outfits and straw hats with a red bow around it.

The camera panned back to Boris, who was being helped off of the pedestal. At the moment, he hung off of the pedestal and a man was positioned up top, guiding Boris. When he realized the camera was centered on him, Boris pushed his helper away and jumped down, smiling at the camera as if nothing had happened.

None of you will understand me
If I keep speaking this way
So I'll speak English like the rest of you

Two women in blue dresses ran up to Boris from opposite sides of the stage, and Boris looked to one of them, singing, before looking to the other one.

We're in Angradka for the first time in history
But what exactly does that mean for you and me?

It means that half the nations here won't even vote
We won't see them... for quite some time...

Boris pushed the two women away from him and slowly walked up to the front of the stage, looking down, his hands by his side and his palms facing out.

If you wanna know the secret to win
I can tell you because I'm Polkopian
But if I were Axuvian
"No fucking way!"

Boris stuck his hist up in the air and thrust his hips to either side in-sync with the beat. To his right, three women imitating Alyxia and her dancers were pictured with crudely-drawn triangles behind them. They danced in a very off-beat, over-the-top fashion and began to walk forward in unison (though they did the walking movements, they never moved due to a treadmill underneath them) and soon the wind machine, which was used in the original performance, was turned on much too high, and the women all "walked" forward with their hair blowing everywhere.

Next, a dancer was seen on Boris's left who wore bright, obnoxious pink eyeliner and a brown wig styled similarly to that of IzaRa from Izmedu. The dancer was surrounded by three other female dancers who all sensually touched and groped the main girl in, again, over-the-top and obnoxious movements. Another random girl in black underwear approached them and humped the pedestal that the main dancer was on, but the camera quickly cut from that scene and back to Boris.

Eta Mir'vidniya
Hear the poor Alyxia
And her obnoxious orchestra
The perfect formula
For a Worldvision win
And then poor Izmedu
The king of number two
Hear this tutorial
Of the Mir'vidniya

It don't come easy, Mercedini
Sent an army of furniture
And somehow secured the win in Besen.

Ask the right wings, psychotic kings
Darkmania took second place
How'd the fuck they not get zero points?

Maybe we should take notes on how to win.
As long as those notes aren't Kalosian.
We all know those suckers won't even make top ten.
But it's all fine, I'll tell you why

If you wanna know the secret to win
Step 1, don't be Axuvian
Even worse to be Besenian
"Those lyrics don't even make sense!"

Eta Mir'vidniya
Here the militant choir sing
And your ears will start to ring
Am I really going deaf
Are there any good songs left?
Not from an Achaean
Where failure is a constant thing
Are you even trying?
At the Mir'vidniya

At the Mir'vidniya

At the Mir'vidniya

At the Mir'vidniya

At the Mir'vidniya

At the Mir'vidniya

Eta Mir'vidniya
How the great have fallen
Look! Kishrael's at the bottom!
Is now super common.

Eta Mir'vidniya
A raging dumpster fire
Where the gays go haywire
And the songs get drier
At the Mir'vidniya
Last edited by Polkopia on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:05 pm

Last edited by Polkopia on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:49 pm

01. Besen
Lipa Calling

Leona, WV73 Participant for Besen

"Hello! What a show that we had the pleasure of seeing tonight! I'm happy to announce how Besen has voted. Let's look..."

7 - Polkopia
6 - Axuva
5 - Lagoa
4 - Ceyesca
3 - Antahbrantahstan
2 - Talvezout
1 - Estogium

Britonisea!

Titaniumland!!

Darkmania!!!

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:22 pm

2 - TALVEZOUT VOTES
1 vote to Britonisea
2 votes to Antahbrantahstan
3 point to Ethane!
4 vot Titaniumland
5 point Kishrael
6 Polkopia
7 Normandy and Picardy
8 poi Kalosia
10 puent Izmedu
12 Tödlich ebujoku
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:52 pm

03 - VENKATANAROS IMHARAJUVARIPIETA RDRASKSKA VOTES
Ms. Slaine Etritch, the representative for V.I.R. for Worldvision 73.
Hello everyone, this is Slaine Etritch coming to you live with the votes for Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska. I'm in our little capital of Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Draskaka City, and here are the votes of Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska.

1 point to Fatiman Federation.
2 points will go to Besen.
3 points shall go to Nekoni.
4 points will go to Scotatrova.
5 points go to Taeseon.
6 points will be going to Amuaplye.
7 points shall go to Greater Korean Juche Republic.

And now, for the big points.

8 points go to Togonistan.
10 points to the Mister X.
And finally, the great 12 points shall go to Elejamie!

Good luck and good job to everyone who is competing this contest. Now, for the sake of public interest, I must reveal who won the televoting and who won the jury vote here in Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska. For the jury vote, there was a tie for first place - Elejamie and Mister X both tied, and they both had quite a lead over all of the other entries. For the televote, Elejamie won by a very slim margin, and thus they are the overall winners for the Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskskan vote.

Thank you all, and see you next contest!
Last edited by Venkatanaros Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm

04/33: Vartugia

Big Tittie Anime Gril

Hello. I am a Big Tiite Anime Girl. I am 12 lol.

12 - Voxija
10 - Fatiman Fed
8 - Antahbrantahstan

7 - Nekoni
6 - Besen
5 - Darkmania
4 - Estogium
3 - Antenovaria
2 - Britonisea
1 - Missus X
Last edited by Vartugia on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates