NATION

PASSWORD

Second Diyari War of Independence OOC thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Second Diyari War of Independence OOC thread

Postby Allanea » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:22 am

Greetings, everyone!

This is the OOC thread for the Second Diyari War of Independence.

The IC thread is over here.

I'm going to start by asking everyone post some information about the forces they have deployed in Diyaristan, or otherwise involved in the RP.

As for me, I have perhaps 100-200 soldiers in the nation, but these are involved in aid efforts, i.e. they're mostly medical and engineering personnel (although they do have personal weapons, and if someone chooses to attack them, it is technically not a war crime under most nations' laws). I may or may not soon deploy actual combat forces.

Diyaristan, I'd really like if you answered some questions about your nation...

1. What is exactly happening near the Qashmar Dam? You've previously referenced radioactive contamination there, could you elaborate on the type of contamination? I'm considering, events permitting, launching a decontamination effort.
2. What are the common diseases currently afflicting people in the nation? I understand there are parasitic diseases. Are there issues also with stuff like typhoid, cholera, etc.?
3. Is it possible to reveal more details about the firepower possessed by the various factions?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Hypernika
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypernika » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Hypernika is not yet involved in the War, but the mysterious markings on the aircraft point to it being of either Argentine origin (NS Argentina) or an aircraft painted in their colors, or also stolen from them. In the following posts, Hypernika is going to examine the blackboxes of the craft, assess whether NS Argentina had anything to do with the attack at all, and whether this actor is trying to cause the Diyari War to escalate into something further by drawing in a neutral territory.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:32 am

Rn I only have 5 hero units. Jiangshi is a ranged DPS who is also agile and sneaky. The rogue, if you would. He was inspired by Red Hood. Joy is more vicious. She has blade-type attacks, perfect against organic units, but doesn't work that well against machines. She's as fast and agile as Jiangshi. Next up is Aswang, the medic. She's what you would expect from someone from a support role. Fragile, but useful, being the only healer in the team. Oni is the tank, a big guy with a minigun. High attack and defence, low speed. Finally, there's the sniper. He's a (longer) ranged DPS with some robots backing him up. His robot bear is a tank, with high health and defence, while his robot hawk detects stealthed units and shoots at them with light machine guns. His horse robot is mostly for travel, though it has mini rocket launchers.

The reason I have no real forces (aka faceless mooks) is because the airfields are still under control by the enemy. I'd send huge-arse airships once I help the good guys take it back.
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Diyaristan
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Diyaristan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 am

Owing to frequent absences and trips, my involvement in the incident's on a bit of a slow burner. We still have Sevevill involved, at least.

1. Due to the ability of the Islamic State to steal and refit (with no small amount of aid from corrupt leaders like Baklayev, I assume) a small nuclear warhead (smaller than the Hiroshima bomb, at least) from the Diyaristani Government back then, contamination in Qashmar is likely to originate from not only the fallout that came a few years back, but also from irradiated large debris. Metals, such as exposed iron rebar from collapsed buildings, are a particularly prevalent source of radioactive contamination.

2. Cholera, typhoid could certainly be expected. Most issues are related to the water supply. To my limited understanding of this subject, at least, desert climates have the most issues from this source: large, shared water supplies, easily contaminated. In conditions of infrastructural collapse, diseases of this nature would certainly have spiked.

3. Firepower:

The DRG can be split into two categories: Nationalist weaponry and Social Liberal/anarchist coup weaponry. The parties do not necessarily trust each other enough to integrate their equipment.

The Nationalists have a good deal of Diyaristani Army ground transport equipment, machine guns, explosive materials, even a couple helicopters from defectors and smugglers sympathetic to their views inside forces loyal to the Hamara Administration. With a number of Nationalists headed to Girizil, however, the only way much of this is likely to be used again is if the Empire overrides the city-state plan, or the Hizbi Tawhidi wins enough elections and reinstalls its fundamentalist dictatorship.

The Social Liberals, some of whom have also gone there, have followed their leader's apparent urging to resist. Their weapons are measured in civilian vehicles (some of them refitted with salvaged armor), small arms, and IEDs, which the left-anarchist coup forces had been willing to instruct them in making effective. DTI equipment and explosives training has made some of the VBIEDs particularly deadly.

The Hizbi Tawhidi is the least-equipped. Rumor has it that it maintains secret small arms stockpiles big enough to arm their growing legions of supporters, but aside from a few extremist supporters, they, like the Nationalists, are disinclined to take up arms unless they're not allowed to turn Girizil into a fundamentalist city-state.

The fourth, most mysterious faction, the Dervish movement, has no known weapons to speak of, but they are certainly no pacifists. They are potentially mortal enemies with the Tawhidis owing to deep religious and political differences (the Dervishes profess religious tolerance, which the Tawhidis entirely reject).

Amenria: Helping the Good Guys

Prior investigations into the DRG had largely eliminated Dacruzian Mafia influence, and together with Sevevillian border traffic crackdowns prevented the anarchist coup from receiving reinforcements. Two possible routes avail themselves that I can think of.

1: Minimizing Atrocities on Civilian Populations

Although Representative Lao genuinely supports the continuation of the insurgency despite the threat of being tortured for non-cooperation, the Dacruzian anarchists holding the DRG command captive are engaged in atrocities and human rights violations on an extraordinary scale. The agents could be sent to try and attempt a rescue operation.

2: The International Corridor

A landing in the former Anavokian territory's southern strip is possible, but risky. Depending on how it's handled diplomatically or force-wise, it could be opposed by one or more of the large peacekeeper forces that effectively control this area now. Possibly, the neutral peacekeeper governments with significant force in the area might be persuaded to allow Amenrian forces through if it's coupled with a big humanitarian mission, and it doesn't compromise their own neutral relations with Sevevill.

Hypernika: As the Mystery Unfolds

People across Diyaristan are certainly watching as the mystery marking makes its way across government and rebel-controlled news sources. Many are curious about what's going to happen. Will two governments, both proclaiming themselves neutral, be waging a proxy war on Diyaristani soil? How will the various insurgent groupings react?
(Sevevillian-Occupied) Republic of Diyaristan - جمهيريأ دياراسطانا
Formerly an independent but flawed democracy; now under a foreign flag and occupation forces

The most conscientious leftists are shooting themselves in the foot with their ethic of sacrificing their own best to people who might not be trustworthy. The worse of them, when they fall behind in the race, decide they want to shoot others in the foot to make the race fair. Nature stubbornly refuses to be egalitarian. Not everyone can run at the same pace, or think at the same pace, and equality necessarily implies hobbling progress with worse speed for all but the slowest.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Hol up, who are the neutral peacekeepers there?
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi there. I’d like my leftover communist forces, the PRF-D, (around 5,000 strong in the last RP) to be able to participate in the war, but I’m not quite sure how to go about it...

I was thinking to have them be holed up in the mines in the mountainous western region, being short on supplies but in a strong defensive position.

I’m torn on whether to have them form a “united front” with the Dacruzian anarchists or fight them and link up with any remaining communist forces (if they still exist).

Any thoughts, suggestions, or feedback?

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Might be fun to get involved in this. Will need to catch up on it first.
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

Sevevill
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 am

Hypernika wrote:Hypernika is not yet involved in the War, but the mysterious markings on the aircraft point to it being of either Argentine origin (NS Argentina) or an aircraft painted in their colors, or also stolen from them. In the following posts, Hypernika is going to examine the blackboxes of the craft, assess whether NS Argentina had anything to do with the attack at all, and whether this actor is trying to cause the Diyari War to escalate into something further by drawing in a neutral territory.

If NS Argentina was not consulted on this then it is godmodding. That player literally has zero reason to launch an unprovoked attack on your country, and even less to do it with their roundels prominently displayed. I would like to see an OOC confirmation from Argentina that they agree with this move.

A m e n r i a wrote:Rn I only have 5 hero units. Jiangshi is a ranged DPS who is also agile and sneaky. The rogue, if you would. He was inspired by Red Hood. Joy is more vicious. She has blade-type attacks, perfect against organic units, but doesn't work that well against machines. She's as fast and agile as Jiangshi. Next up is Aswang, the medic. She's what you would expect from someone from a support role. Fragile, but useful, being the only healer in the team. Oni is the tank, a big guy with a minigun. High attack and defence, low speed. Finally, there's the sniper. He's a (longer) ranged DPS with some robots backing him up. His robot bear is a tank, with high health and defence, while his robot hawk detects stealthed units and shoots at them with light machine guns. His horse robot is mostly for travel, though it has mini rocket launchers.

The reason I have no real forces (aka faceless mooks) is because the airfields are still under control by the enemy. I'd send huge-arse airships once I help the good guys take it back.

You will have to be very careful to not start playing this like some kind of MMO RPG. Your characters may score high in the coolness area, but will be cut to ribbons the second they come up against a modern IDF or IAF squad. And they will come across soldiers, since your troops have currently been running around with little or no concealment for their activities.

In addition, please tone down the more crazy things like portable miniguns and robots. Markion as a region generally accepts some pretty extreme breaks from reality, but these are just too far. A bear, hawk, and horse just seem like they were chosen to be cool, so please either change these to more conventional quadcopter and/or tracked drones.

Bruke wrote:Hi there. I’d like my leftover communist forces, the PRF-D, (around 5,000 strong in the last RP) to be able to participate in the war, but I’m not quite sure how to go about it...

I was thinking to have them be holed up in the mines in the mountainous western region, being short on supplies but in a strong defensive position.

I’m torn on whether to have them form a “united front” with the Dacruzian anarchists or fight them and link up with any remaining communist forces (if they still exist).

If I recall correctly, this force was involved in the second Diyaristan war?

What we know is that the government of the country after that conflict was extremely fragile, and many of the subnational and foreign groups which held influence in territory continued to do so all the way up to present day. Diyaristan would need to give the go-ahead, but very possibly these PRF troops could have carved out their own psuedo-micronation in the mountains, where they are the primary authority which collects taxes and provides services to locals.

Also, to Diyaristan: It looks like we may not move Anavokia after all. Discussions in the discord are leaning towards almost doubling the landmass of the continent Diyaristan is on, with plenty of countries being added out west.

(Post by Green Union)
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Second Connarian War[Peace]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Liberated Free Nations Upriseing [L] (diplomacy Faild)
The Republic Of Sevevill Revolting Form Sevevill [w]
The in invasion of the NUSSR [W]
Upriseing on the Aroury Islands. [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
The Invasion of Diyaristan [W]
The Seveillian Invasion and Occupation of the LFN [W]
War in the UCSO [-]
Invasion of the September Island [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Durradon
Attaché

Founded: Dec 26, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Durradon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:26 am

Allanea wrote:Greetings, everyone!

This is the OOC thread for the Second Diyari War of Independence.

The IC thread is over here.

I'm going to start by asking everyone post some information about the forces they have deployed in Diyaristan, or otherwise involved in the RP.

As for me, I have perhaps 100-200 soldiers in the nation, but these are involved in aid efforts, i.e. they're mostly medical and engineering personnel (although they do have personal weapons, and if someone chooses to attack them, it is technically not a war crime under most nations' laws). I may or may not soon deploy actual combat forces.

As I have said in the Diyaristan thread, I have 500 Durranese, Albatanian, Loyalist and Placeodermsian light infantry under the flag of the Kamooko Pact's Kamooko Defence Command (KDC) with the bulk of the force being made up of Durranese. These men are being used mostly to train soldiers for the militia in addition to aiding their operations. There is also 100 non-combatant members of LCOM's (Land-Command, Durradon's army) engineering corps currently in the country. Current numbers of MKAZ militia have been left vague for the sake of simplicity but could easily number in the thousands with tens of thousands being a stretch although I mostly leave this to the opinion of The Green Union. Either way, they are quite well armed and have some quite powerful military-grade gear, how they got it is an IC secret for the most part. A kind reminder to everyone that Alisar and the surrounding territories in the south of Diyaristan is the MKAZ, please take this in account when operating in this area.

I aim this at Mitheldalond, but everyone else should know. The Kamooko Pact is a neutral non-aligned alliance in Markion that is only concerned for the well being of innocents and indirectly hampering imperialist aims, although this is secret IC. For example, in this case, the KP managed to get permission from Sevevill, IC and OC, to send aid and neutral peacekeeping forces to the MKAZ which over years has formed into an unofficial micronation in everything but name. The only reason it hasn't been stamped out by the Sevevill is because they are working within the laws of the empire in order to slowly make a difference over time, direct conflict is realistically going end in bloodshed and an imperial victory as a land war with Sevevill on their own turf is practically suicide unless you can bring some good tactics and overall strategy to the table. Any information here pertaining to the MKAZ's true intentions is also secret IC information.

On a final note, I would encourage people to read my posts as I have made several mentions of other people's nations and even put sanctions on one other to no avail. I appreciate they are long but if you are not paying attention to any other story other than your own you will definitely be disappointed when something suddenly doesn't go your way for some reason because you didn't read a post that mentioned something was happening in regards to your nation. I aim this mainly at Danlina and any newbies in the thread.

Anyway, happy to answer any question you guys might have for me, I also second GU's criticisms in his post as Sevevill and let's keep RPing!
Last edited by Durradon on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tech: 7 | Arcane: 0 | Influence: 7

NS STATS NOT USED, refer to factbook for more accurate information on Durradon.

Durradon is a constitutional citizen republic made of a tight confederacy of seven countries on the Ionis continent of the Markion region. The country's culture, geography and more draw inspiration from China, Japan, Mongolia, Norway and Nepal with a solid and unique foundation created by yours truly. A land united by the tides of war. A land of spiritualism and energy. A land of honest, hard-working people just trying to survive another day against imperialist powers.

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:41 am

Now, as someone who is only being given permission to use Sevevill's account for this particular RP, I do not have a full picture of what Sevevill's commitment in Diyaristan looks like. What I do know is that the invasion force has been being steadily withdrawn since Diyaristan's old government capitulated due to an emerging war in another theatre. The official justification for intervention in Diyaristan was the extreme unrest the country was facing and a belief that it would slip back into civil war.

We know that Sevevill has indeed flooded Diyaristan with aid, reorganizing and expanding the armed forces into a very large and well equipped Imperial Defense Force (IDF) on the Sevevillian model. Massive public works projects are underway to build infrastructure and provide jobs, though a large proportion of the actual labour is being done by Imperial soldiers and many of the jobs are going to citizens of other parts of the empire due to questions of trustworthiness in the local population. President Hamara and other high ranking politicians in the new province have had Sevevillian Royal Guard soldiers assigned to protect them.

The rest of this will be more of what I myself have been doing, and could be overridden by Sevevill at any time. By my model, right now the Imperial Armed Forces (IAF) is maintaining its garrisons in only key areas, including major cities and on important supply lanes, while the IDF takes over most rural and less important garrisons. The IAF also have a substantial military airfields in most cities which allow the Sevevillians complete air dominance (The Sevevillian Empire also completely surrounds the landlocked Diyaristan, so this shouldn't be a surprise). I will not give specific numbers of troops, but despite their drawdown Sevevillian IAF forces should still be considered a dominant force in Diyaristan due to the ease with which they can be reinforced.

Nobody should be flying in armies in open support of the rebels as long as Sevevill exists. However, saying that troops are entering the country just to help stabilize Diyaristan should be enough to stop Sevevill from interfering. Just don't threaten Sevevill with war if they get in your way, or you'll be walking a fine line like Danlina is.

So, how to fight the Sevevillians:

- Stay in the countryside. IAF troops are much more competent than their IDF counterparts, but their concentration in urban centres and along key transportation routes makes it easy to avoid them.

- Frighten the IDF. The IDF is composed of soldiers who have received training up to Sevevillian standards and are in possession of Sevevillian quality equipment. However, most are just in the force because it pays well and are not ready to risk their lives for the Hamara government. Using a mix of terror tactics and outreach to make the IDF garrison in your area complacent or, even better, unofficially recognize and work with a rebel government is a preferable alternative to making these soldiers believe there is no alternative but to fight to the death.

- Take advantage of corruption. Sevevill is flooding Diyaristan with aid in the form of charities, public works programs, and just simple funding. Given that Diyaristan hasn't developed strong institutions yet, when this money flows through the hands of local officials it gives them a chance to take their own cut. Get creative with how you siphon off money and aid to fund your own efforts.

(Post by Green Union)
Last edited by Sevevill on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Diyaristan
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Diyaristan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:09 am

Bruke wrote:Hi there. I’d like my leftover communist forces, the PRF-D, (around 5,000 strong in the last RP) to be able to participate in the war, but I’m not quite sure how to go about it...

The Dacruzian anarchists, led by Bures, have a long history of connections and financial aid from Communist extremists. A united front would be welcomed, though ultimate aims might differ, and these differences and internal struggles might become more apparent as they neared victory (counting as the establishment of a West Diyaristan by now, if you take their "micronation" together with a war against Girizil -- a Capitalist/Reactionary Class Enemy group more easily defeatable than the IDF and IAF forces would be). The remnant DCTs, disguised within various groups, probably kept their connections to the PRF-D, and with the obliteration of their native leadership, probably grouped around leaders inside the PRF.
A m e n r i a wrote:Hol up, who are the neutral peacekeepers there?

There's Allanea, Danlina, the Kamooko Pact which Durradon's playing a big part in, Hypernika, and Argentina all having proclaimed neutrality. There's some dispute existing between some of the "neutrals" as to whether they are actually neutral.

To GU: The last I checked, at least, wasn't Anavokia largely a disputed territory with an insolvent and unstable government, with a countryside practically controlled by Communists? Is it feasible that a section full of LFN-aligned rebels exists, which could have become an international free-for-all zone with the rebels' passive tolerance? I'd based a lot of my calculations on this information.
Last edited by Diyaristan on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Sevevillian-Occupied) Republic of Diyaristan - جمهيريأ دياراسطانا
Formerly an independent but flawed democracy; now under a foreign flag and occupation forces

The most conscientious leftists are shooting themselves in the foot with their ethic of sacrificing their own best to people who might not be trustworthy. The worse of them, when they fall behind in the race, decide they want to shoot others in the foot to make the race fair. Nature stubbornly refuses to be egalitarian. Not everyone can run at the same pace, or think at the same pace, and equality necessarily implies hobbling progress with worse speed for all but the slowest.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 pm

All right, assuming the anarchists don’t immediately try to take (or are already doing so), I have two ideas:

1.: A “race to Girizil” similar to how the Allies races to Berlin during the end of WW2.

This would happen assuming that the communist forces and anarchist forces are allies, or at least respect each other’s mutual territories and claims.

2.: A revived Diyari Communist Party takes part in Girizil elections, with the PRF-D as an armed militia of international volunteers- a similar plan to what the Hizbi Tawhidi is doing.

Either would both provide an impetus for Brukean intervention, and put the DRG under further pressure to accept foreign support or invite in the Sevevillian-formed IDF.

Also as another note, I’ve decided that IC my timeline would be equivalent to real life, so expect Brukean communications to be dated 2024, etc.
Last edited by Bruke on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Is it possible to tag this?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:07 am

Diyaristan wrote:

The Dacruzian anarchists, led by Bures, have a long history of connections and financial aid from Communist extremists. A united front would be welcomed, though ultimate aims might differ, and these differences and internal struggles might become more apparent as they neared victory (counting as the establishment of a West Diyaristan by now, if you take their "micronation" together with a war against Girizil -- a Capitalist/Reactionary Class Enemy group more easily defeatable than the IDF and IAF forces would be). The remnant DCTs, disguised within various groups, probably kept their connections to the PRF-D, and with the obliteration of their native leadership, probably grouped around leaders inside the PRF.
A m e n r i a wrote:Hol up, who are the neutral peacekeepers there?

There's Allanea, Danlina, the Kamooko Pact which Durradon's playing a big part in, Hypernika, and Argentina all having proclaimed neutrality. There's some dispute existing between some of the "neutrals" as to whether they are actually neutral.

To GU: The last I checked, at least, wasn't Anavokia largely a disputed territory with an insolvent and unstable government, with a countryside practically controlled by Communists? Is it feasible that a section full of LFN-aligned rebels exists, which could have become an international free-for-all zone with the rebels' passive tolerance? I'd based a lot of my calculations on this information.

Aight, can we skip to my guys convincing the rebels to storm the nearest airfield? I don't understand why I should openly war Diyaristan. This is politics, it's no place for deception. Besides, putting units in someone else's borders is an automatic declaration of war unless you have open borders, which is cancelled the moment you attack, so..
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mitheldalond
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mitheldalond » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Durradon wrote:I aim this at Mitheldalond, but everyone else should know. The Kamooko Pact is a neutral non-aligned alliance in Markion that is only concerned for the well being of innocents and indirectly hampering imperialist aims, although this is secret IC.

Good to know, thanks. I definitely wasn't getting that from the RP, probably cause I haven't been involved with Diyaristan until now.

Sevevill wrote:Nobody should be flying in armies in open support of the rebels as long as Sevevill exists.

Given my now better understanding of the situation/geography, I'd have to say I agree.

So my last few posts are going to need a bit of retconning. Off the top of my head, the amphibious landing force no longer exists, declaration of the no-fly zone and call for international intervention in freeing Diyaristan never happened, and officially stated reasons for Mitheldalondian intervention are limited to humanitarian aid and whooping up on terrorists. Also the thing with the stealth bomber probably didn't happen.

The Mitheldalondian government is still recognizing the legitimacy of the Alamardin government, though no longer explicitly denying the authority of Sevevill or President Hamara. Mitheldalondian aircraft are still flying over Diyaristan, doing reconnaissance for humanitarian and anti-terrorist operations, and they will engage anything (including Sevevillian forces) that tries to attack them, as will my naval forces. The Mitheldalondian military's typical standing orders regarding self-defense are designed to discourage attacks on Mitheldalondian forces, and are something along the lines of "return all fire received, and don't stop shooting until there's no more incoming fire", which this should be reasonably well known internationally.

I'll also still be sending in airborne forces for hunting terrorists and taking away their chemical/biological WMDs.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Mitheldalond wrote:
Durradon wrote:I aim this at Mitheldalond, but everyone else should know. The Kamooko Pact is a neutral non-aligned alliance in Markion that is only concerned for the well being of innocents and indirectly hampering imperialist aims, although this is secret IC.

Good to know, thanks. I definitely wasn't getting that from the RP, probably cause I haven't been involved with Diyaristan until now.

Sevevill wrote:Nobody should be flying in armies in open support of the rebels as long as Sevevill exists.

Given my now better understanding of the situation/geography, I'd have to say I agree.

So my last few posts are going to need a bit of retconning. Off the top of my head, the amphibious landing force no longer exists, declaration of the no-fly zone and call for international intervention in freeing Diyaristan never happened, and officially stated reasons for Mitheldalondian intervention are limited to humanitarian aid and whooping up on terrorists. Also the thing with the stealth bomber probably didn't happen.

The Mitheldalondian government is still recognizing the legitimacy of the Alamardin government, though no longer explicitly denying the authority of Sevevill or President Hamara. Mitheldalondian aircraft are still flying over Diyaristan, doing reconnaissance for humanitarian and anti-terrorist operations, and they will engage anything (including Sevevillian forces) that tries to attack them, as will my naval forces. The Mitheldalondian military's typical standing orders regarding self-defense are designed to discourage attacks on Mitheldalondian forces, and are something along the lines of "return all fire received, and don't stop shooting until there's no more incoming fire", which this should be reasonably well known internationally.

I'll also still be sending in airborne forces for hunting terrorists and taking away their chemical/biological WMDs.

Could you edit those posts in the IC theread for clarity’s sake?

Mitheldalond
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Mitheldalond » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:36 pm

Working on it.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:37 pm

Mitheldalond wrote:Working on it.

Thank you!

Thinking of coordinating operations, once I get the first opening posts up.
Last edited by Bruke on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitheldalond
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Mitheldalond » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:18 pm

As for the forces I have deployed:

Gilraen Strike Group (E21CL3)
  • 1 x Nenya-class light carrier (MNS Gilraen)
    • 26 x F/A-19 Thunderhawk (multirole fighter aircraft)
    • 4 x EA-19 Electrohawk (electronic warfare aircraft)
    • 4 x E-2 Hawkeye (airborn early warning and control)
    • 4 x MH-60S (multi-purpose utility helicopter)
    • 8 x MH-60R (anti-sub helicopter)
  • 1 x Fëacir-class cruiser (MNS Telcontar)
  • 2 x Telerin-class destroyers (MNS Turindell and Oranel)
  • 5 x Elwing-class frigates (MNS Miriel, Lindir, Lena, Nienel, Nimlath)
  • 1 x Uinen-class attack sub (MNS Elgarath)

Gilgalad-class supercarrier:
  • Length: 1120 ft, Beam: 258 ft
  • Cost: ~$12 billion
  • Designed/Introduced: 1990s or early 2000s
  • Power/Propulsion: 2 nuclear reactors, 4 shafts
  • Speed: >30 kts
  • Air Wing:
    • 56 x F/A-19 Thunderhawks (multi-role fighter)
    • 8 x EA-19 Electrohawks (electronic warfare aircraft)
    • 6 x E-2 Hawkeyes (AEW&C aircraft)
    • 6 x MH-60S Seahawks (multi-purpose utility helicopter)
    • 16 x MH-60R Seahawks (anti-sub helicopter)
    • Total: 92 (70 aircraft, 22 helicopters)
Nenya-class light carrier:
  • Length: 850 ft, Beam: 180 ft
  • Cost: ~$5 billion
  • Designed/Introduced: early or late 2000s
  • Power/Propulsion: CODAG, Integrated Electric Propulsion, 4 shafts
  • Air Wing:
    • 26 x F/A-19 Thunderhawks
    • 4 x EA-19 Electrohawks
    • 4 x E-2 Hawkeyes
    • 4 x MH-60S Seahawks
    • 8 x MH-60R Seahawks
    • Total: 46 (34 aircraft, 12 helicopters)
Fëacir-class cruiser:
  • Length: 650 ft, Beam: 84 ft
  • Cost: $5.3 billion
  • Designed/Introduced: early 2000s
  • Power/Propulsion: 2 nuclear reactors, electric motors (IEP), 2-4 shafts with shrouded props / pump-jets
  • Range: unlimited (nuclear)
  • Crew: ~500-600
  • Boats: 2+ x RHIBs
  • Aviation: 5-6 x MH-60 helicopters, landing pad and hangar
  • Sensors and Processing Systems:
    • Aeglos/Aiglos Combat and Battle Management System
    • X-band AESA multi-function radar (MFR)
    • S-band AESA volume search radar (VSR)
    • Long-range early warning and ballistic missile defense radar
    • Forward and side looking sonar arrays
    • Variable depth towed array sonar
  • Armament:
    • 2 x 64-cell strike length Mk 41 VLS
      • 64 x RIM-170 Artemis (extended range SAM)
      • 64 x RIM-171 Apollo II (long range SAM)
    • 2 x 32-cell strike length Mk 41 VLS
      • 40 x RGM-111 Fëanar (stealthy anti-ship and land attack cruise missile)
      • 24 x RIM-161 SM-3 (ABM)
    • 4 x 8-cell self-defense length Mk 41 VLS
    • 2 x 5"/54 or 5"/62 guns
    • 2 x 35mm Millennium Gun CIWS
    • 2 x SeaRAM CIWS
    • 2 x triple anti-submarine torpedo tubes
Telerin-class destroyer:
  • Length: 545 ft, Beam: 70 ft
  • Cost: $2-2.5 billion
  • Designed/Introduced: early 2000s
  • Power/Propulsion: CODAG inetgrated electric propulsion, 2 shafts with shrouded props/pump-jets
  • Range: 10,000 nmi @ 20 kts, 5500 nmi @ 30 kts
  • Crew: ~300
  • Boats: 2 x RHIB
  • Aviation: 2 x MH-60 helicopters, 1-2 x MQ-18 or MQ-8C UAV, landing pad and hangars
    • Aeglos Combat System
    • X-band AESA multi-function radar
    • S-band AESA volume search radar
  • Armament:
    • 2 x 64-cell strike length Mk 41 VLS
      • 40 x RIM-170 Artemis
      • 40 x RIM-171 Apollo II
      • 32 x RGM-111 Fëanar
      • 8 x RIM-161 SM-3
      • 8 x RUM-125 Sea Lance (anti-sub missile)
    • 2 x 8-cell self-defense length Mk 41 VLS
      • 64 x RIM-162 ESSM
    • 1 x 5"/54 or 5"/62 gun
    • 2 x 35mm Millennium Gun CIWS
    • 1 x SeaRAM CIWS
    • 2 x triple anti-submarine torpedo tubes
Elwing-class frigate:
  • Length: 420 ft, Beam: 58 ft, Draft: 13 ft
  • Cost: $500 million
  • Designed/Introduced: early 2010s
  • Power/Propulsion: CODAG, 2-4 waterjets
  • Speed: 35 kts
  • Range: 6000 nmi @ 20 kts, 3300 nmi @ 30 kts
  • Crew: ~100-150
  • Boats: 1-2 x RHIB, 2 x Fleet-class unmanned surface vessels
  • Aviation: 1 x MH-60 helicopter, 1 x MQ-18 or MQ-8C UAV, landing pad and hangar
    • Aeglos-Lite Combat System
    • Lightweight 3D AESA radar
    • Fleet-class USVs have towed sonar
  • Armament:
    • 2 x 16-cell strike length Mk 41 VLS
      • 20 x RIM-169 Apollo (long range SAM)
      • 12 x RUM-125 Sea Lance
    • 1 x 16-cell self-defense length Mk 41 VLS
      • 64 x RIM-162 ESSM
    • 20 x Naval Strike Missile (2 quad and 2 sextuple box launchers) (anti-ship missile)
    • 1 x 3"/62 Super Rapid gun
    • 1 x 35mm Millennium Gun CIWS
    • 1 x SeaRAM CIWS
    • 4 x triple anti-submarine torpedo tubes
Ossë-class guided missile attack submarine:
  • Length: 410 ft, Beam: 40 ft
  • Cost: $3-3.5 billion
  • Designed/Introduced: late 1990s or early 2000s
  • Power/Propulsion: nuclear reactor, batteries, pump-jet propulsor
  • Speed: 35 kts submerged
  • Crew: ~120-140
  • Armament:
    • 8 x 26" torpedo tubes
      • 50 x torpedoes, missiles, 21" MOSS decoys, mines
    • 8 x 7-cell VLS silos
Uinen-class attack submarine:
  • Length: 320 ft, Beam: 36 ft
  • Cost: $1.8-2 billion
  • Designed/Introduced: early 2010s
  • Power/Propulsion: nuclear reactor, lithium-ion batteries, pump-jet propulsor
  • Speed: >30 kts submerged
  • Crew: ~70
  • Armament:
    • 6 x 21" torpedo tubes (26 weapon racks)
    • 2 x 7-cell VLS silos
      • 12 x UGM-111 Fëanar
      • 8 x IDAS SAM (2 cells)

RIM-170 Artemis:
  • Type: surface-to-air, anti-ship missile defense, terminal ballistic missile defense
  • Unit cost: ~$15-20 million
  • Length: 21 ft, Diameter: 21"
  • Range: 350 nmi
  • Speed: mach 5
  • Warhead: 300 lb directional blast fragmentation, IFF-linked proximity and contact fuse
  • Guidance: inertial/GPS guidance, semi-active radar, networked datalink and IIF receiver, terminal high off-boresight multimode active/semi-active radar and IIR/UV homing with passive radar homing/home-on-jam capabilities
  • Propulsion: 2-stage solid-fuel rocket; thrust vectoring, nose or tail fin control surfaces, lateral attitude control thrusters
  • Additional Notes/Features:
    • Extreme maneuverability (>50g)
    • Hit-to-kill accuracy
    • Will not accidentally lock onto friendly aircraft thanks to IFF receiver; can be launched into the middle of a dogfight
    • If misses, will pull a 180 and try again (seeker must reacquire lock after turn, or just rely on datalink) and/or fly a search pattern to reacquire target or find a new one
RIM-171 Apollo II:
  • Type: surface-to-air, anti-ship missile defense
  • Unit cost: ~$8-10 million (includes cost of submunitions at ~$1.5-2 million each)
  • Range: 150 nmi total, ~50 km for submunitions
  • Speed: mach 3 initial, mach 4 for submunitions
  • Warhead: 3 x submunition missiles, 50 lb blast fragmentation each
  • Guidance: inertial/GPS guidance, semi-active radar, networked datalink; submunitions: active radar homing with home-on-jam capability
  • Propulsion: solid-fuel ramjet/throttleable ducted rocket, solid-fuel rocket submunitions
    • Submunitions are comparable to AIM-120 AMRAAM, but a few feet shorter due to reduced range requirements
    • Each submunition can engage a different target, or all 3 can engage the same target
    • Submunitions each have a ~63% probability of kill (same as AMRAAM)
    • Has almost a 95% probability of kill if all submunitions engage same target (probability that at least one hits)
    • Submunitions released in sequence at slightly under 50km to target
RIM-169 Apollo:
  • Type: surface-to-air, anti-ship missile defense, terminal ballistic missile defense
  • Unit cost: ~$5 million
  • Length: 18 ft, Diameter: 21"
  • Range: 150 nmi
  • Speed: mach 3.5
  • Warhead: 500 lb directional blast fragmentation, proximity and contact fuse
  • Guidance: inertial/GPS guidance, semi-active radar, 2-way datalink, active/semi-active radar homing with home-on-jam capability
  • Propulsion: solid-fuel rocket
    • Latest versions include software updates that allow it to serve in anti-ship and land attack roles (~50-100 nmi range sea-skimming?)
RGM-111 Fëanar:
  • Type: stealthy anti-ship and land attack cruise missile
  • Unit cost: ~$3.5 million
  • Range: 1000 nmi, sea-skimming terminal approach
  • Speed: high subsonic; about mach 0.8
  • Warhead: 1000 lb blast fragmentation penetrator
  • Guidance: inertial/GPS guidance, networked datalink and IIF receiver, terminal active radar and IIR seeker with target/image recognition
  • Propulsion: turbofan engine, solid-fuel rocket booster
    • Stealthy airframe
    • Performs pseudo-random maneuvers in the terminal phase to throw off CIWSs
    • Capable of autonomous targeting and coordinating attacks with other networked missiles
AIM-154 ALRAAM (Phoenix II):
  • Type: long-range air-to-air missile
  • Unit cost: ~$2.5 million (?)
  • Length: 13 ft, Diameter: 15"
  • Range: 200 nmi
  • Speed: mach 5
  • Warhead: 3 x submunition missiles, 5 lb blast fragmentation each
  • Guidance: inertial, passive and semi-active radar homing, midcourse update via datalink; submunitions: IIR and/or millimeter-wave radar seeker
  • Propulsion: solid-fuel ramjet/throttleable ducted rocket, submunitions solid-fuel rocket or inertia (unpowered)
    • Designed as an AWACS killer
    • Submunitions released ~2-3 miles from target
    • Submunitions based on NAVAIR Spike and/or Pyros bomb

I'll also be deploying about a battalion-sized force of airborne troops with CBRN and EOD specialists to go hunting terrorists and WMDs. Otherwise my government will consider the situation too dangerous/volatile for humanitarian forces to do more than air drop supplies.

Where exactly is the MKAZ? I know its near at least one of the cities hit by terrorists, so my ground troops are probably going to be in the vicinity, and I don't want to accidentally wander into it without permission.
Last edited by Mitheldalond on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:38 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Aight, can we skip to my guys convincing the rebels to storm the nearest airfield? I don't understand why I should openly war Diyaristan. This is politics, it's no place for deception. Besides, putting units in someone else's borders is an automatic declaration of war unless you have open borders, which is cancelled the moment you attack, so..

I would appreciate if you recognized my concerns. Also, your team has done little so far besides make themselves conspicuous. They have not found any rebels, much less built rapport which would allow them to convince the rebels to take risks on their behalf.

Taking over an airfield seems like a dubious military goal anyways. Even if the Sevevillians didn't have complete air dominance around this small country, the rebels would not be able to get any supplies in before the Hamara Administration simply calls in the Imperial Air Force to bomb the place.

Mitheldalond wrote:Given my now better understanding of the situation/geography, I'd have to say I agree.

This makes me a lot more comfortable. Still, the Mitheldalondians will need to become pretty extremely valuable in hunting terrorists to offset the worry they cause Sevevill by recognizing the rebels. Sevevill will demand they operate by the rules of Hamara Administration air traffic control, and failing to do this will lead to them sharing the fate of the the Russian plane which has been flying around illegally.

You're walking a fine line, as you can only maintain supply to your troops in the country with Sevevill's goodwill, and that goodwill will be revoked if they feel you are undermining their cause.

The naval task force is fine, but also maybe a bit redundant. Diyaristan is landlocked and surrounded by the Sevevillian Empire, and this fleet is not going to scare all of Sevevill. The most efficient way to supply yourself with air support would be to simply base your planes at Hamara Administration airfields.

(Post by Green Union)
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Sevevill wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Aight, can we skip to my guys convincing the rebels to storm the nearest airfield? I don't understand why I shouldn't openly war Diyaristan. This is politics, it's no place for deception. Besides, putting units in someone else's borders is an automatic declaration of war unless you have open borders, which is cancelled the moment you attack, so..

I would appreciate if you recognized my concerns. Also, your team has done little so far besides make themselves conspicuous. They have not found any rebels, much less built rapport which would allow them to convince the rebels to take risks on their behalf.

Taking over an airfield seems like a dubious military goal anyways. Even if the Sevevillians didn't have complete air dominance around this small country, the rebels would not be able to get any supplies in before the Hamara Administration simply calls in the Imperial Air Force to bomb the place.

Which is why now that I have more time I should do something bigger. I was the first to send aid, and I made 2 posts about looking for rebels, which is why I'm asking if we could skip to the part where they find the rebels and pledge allegiance. If not, we can work it out. Afterwards, would summoning a carrier be fine or should I wait for further plot development?

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:31 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Which is why now that I have more time I should do something bigger. I was the first to send aid, and I made 2 posts about looking for rebels, which is why I'm asking if we could skip to the part where they find the rebels and pledge allegiance. If not, we can work it out. Afterwards, would summoning a carrier be fine or should I wait for further plot development?

In that case I can understand better. I have no authority over the IDF or the rebels, so I can't organized a run-in with either of those groups. However, if you want to have a Sevevillian IAF platoon get into a confrontation with your special forces so that they can show how badass they are then I would be happy to start something.

As for the direct forces, Diyaristan is still landlocked and completely surrounded by the Sevevillian empire. Sending a carrier fleet won't really help the rebels unless you somehow manage to sneak stealth planes in.

(Post by Green Union)
Last edited by Sevevill on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:03 pm

Sevevill wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Which is why now that I have more time I should do something bigger. I was the first to send aid, and I made 2 posts about looking for rebels, which is why I'm asking if we could skip to the part where they find the rebels and pledge allegiance. If not, we can work it out. Afterwards, would summoning a carrier be fine or should I wait for further plot development?

In that case I can understand better. I have no authority over the IDF or the rebels, so I can't organized a run-in with either of those groups. However, if you want to have a Sevevillian IAF platoon get into a confrontation with your special forces so that they can show how badass they are then I would be happy to start something.

As for the direct forces, Diyaristan is still landlocked and completely surrounded by the Sevevillian empire. Sending a carrier fleet won't really help the rebels unless you somehow manage to sneak stealth planes in.

Wait, so there isn't some war torn country bordering Diyaristan that is able to be infiltrated by foreign powers?

I thought Dacruz, where all the anarchists seem to be coming from, was said country....

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 am

Bruke wrote:
Wait, so there isn't some war torn country bordering Diyaristan that is able to be infiltrated by foreign powers?

I thought Dacruz, where all the anarchists seem to be coming from, was said country....

This is the current Markion map, though within the next few days it is likely to receive a massive overhaul. The thing to note here is that Diyaristan is on the southern landmass, surrounded by several countries. I can touch on the issues with moving through them in sequence:

Sevevill is obvious. This is the main imperial nation, and security is heaviest here. Also, Sevevill is massive and has a lot of ground for an infiltrator to cover before reaching Diyaristan.

New Timmsland actually doesn't exist. It is labeled incorrectly on the map and is supposed to be the United States of Conner (USC). This is a more recently acquired Sevevillian imperial province, but is also very large and developed and will have tight security

Dacruz does not belong to Sevevill, but rather the rival Federation of Arcadian States and Commonwealths (a recent unification of the Arcadian Empire). However, FASC does not seem to be any more friendly with the Diyaristani rebels than Sevevill is and Dacruz does not share a border with Diyaristan. One could use this as a staging point for smuggling through USC, but there is a serious risk of the Arcadians simply intervening.

Disputed LFN is yet another Sevevillian province, but this time it is a war torn and radioactive/chemical laden warzone in which a massive Communist insurgency persists. A few years ago this may have been a good place to stage aid from, but since then Sevevill has been known to be systematically killing and deporting the local populace and replacing them with people loyal to the empire. In the south these policies may not have come into effect yet, and a Communist shadow government probably reigns supreme there. But constant suppression by the Imperial Air Force would make moving supplies difficult. Also, LFN does not share a border with Diyaristan so smuggling would need to go through Anavokia.

Anavokia, recently renamed Anavokya, is a country not under Sevevillian control and suffering from a brutal civil war which leaves much of the country ungoverned. This, combined with the fact that it shares both a long border with Diyaristan and access to the sea, would make it the perfect place to smuggle supplies from. That is, it would if it was not projected to be relocated somewhere west in the new map overhaul. If that happens, the area it currently occupies will likely be filled by LFN. The statements previously said about southern LFN and it mostly being controlled by a Communist insurgency will apply, and the area is still the best bet for getting in supplies. However, frequent imperial patrols and brutal crackdown by the Sevevillian occupation troops will make this much more difficult than had it been Anavokia. If a player writes about their troops just casually moving crates of guns through the open in LFN then I will make a move to intercept them with IAF forces.

With none of these countries does simply flying over them really work. Large, military cargo planes would be spotted and intercepted by the Imperial Air Force, and your nations' air forces lack the local knowledge to sneak through. However, if you are dead set on flying I would suggest contracting smugglers in LFN or Dacruz to set up runs with small prop planes. These groups will have local pilots who can use the land as cover to avoid radar, and can help you move small amounts of supplies in. In time, you can build up your smuggling fleet to bring more and more equipment in.

This would be the average smuggling plane. So yeah, no airdropping tanks.

(Post by Green Union)
Last edited by Sevevill on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:33 am

I was told by Diyaristan in he previous RP - and indeed here -that there are some kind of cannibal, communist, cultists living in the ungoverned area of former LFN and/or Anavokia.

Does this no longer apply? Because I want to shank some Cannibal Commie Cultists.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents