NATION

PASSWORD

[APPEAL] I am an innocent man

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
South Odreria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

[APPEAL] I am an innocent man

Postby South Odreria » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
South Odreria wrote:Biden's lead falls to five.

*** Warned for malicious quote-editing. ***

"malicious quote editing, changing the contents of a quoted post without showing the original text, either through color changes or strike-out"

I don't see how this is malicious quote editing, since I didn't actually edit anyone's post.
pro: bad
anti: good

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:59 pm

As far as I can see, you linked quotes of other posters, but renamed them "Biden supporters"/"Other Biden supporters" as well as changing the actual content of their posts to "Nothing to see here folks" and "Best shot of beeting trunp". Changing another players' post like that even to make an argument can be regarded as malicious quote editing (a form of flamebaiting), which Farn warned you for. I'm not seeing any reason to go against the original ruling, so appeal denied.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

South Odreria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 pm

I would register that I quoted the person above me just so it would redirect to the same place. Val isn't a Biden supporter, he's been critical of Biden, and his post had nothing to do with Biden, so it seems pretty clearly not an attack on him.
pro: bad
anti: good

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 pm

South Odreria wrote:so it seems pretty clearly not an attack on him.

Irrelevant. Your appeal has been denied (correctly I might add), and your only option is a final appeal as described in the OSRS. I will tell you outright that there is zero chance of a final appeal reversing this decision, and you'll just be wasting everyone's time with what is clearly a frivolous appeal. So I recommend you take your warning to heart and learn from it. Refreshing your rules knowledge would also be helpful.

Return to Moderation